This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
In your good pleasure make Zion prosper; build up the walls of Jerusalem. (Psalm 51:18)
1. Hamas Seizes Control of Main Gaza Road as Civil War Breaks Out - AP
Fierce battles over key security positions spread to central Gaza early Wednesday, with Hamas fighters wresting control of the coastal strip's main north-south road - and putting themselves in position to cut off reinforcements to beleaguered Fatah forces.
2. Hamas to Fatah: Surrender within 2 days - Jerusalem Post
Hamas has given Fatah-linked security officers in northern Gaza a two-day ultimatum to lay down their arms, according to a statement sent by text message and announcements made on Hamas-linked radio stations Wednesday.
3. Olmert mulls int'l force to stop Rafah arms smuggling - Ha'aretz
The deployment of a multinational force along the Philadelphi Route in Rafah should be seriously considered, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said yesterday.
4. Secret UN report condemns US for Middle East failures - UK Guardian
The highest ranking UN official in Israel has warned that American pressure has "pummelled into submission" the UN's role as an impartial Middle East negotiator in a damning confidential report.
5. Shimon Peres - 9th President of the State of Israel - Jerusalem Newswire
Shimon Peres Wednesday became the 9th President of the State of Israel. The veteran left-wing politician - he has been in politics for more than half a century - was born Szymon Perski in Poland in 1923.