Patient's father-in-law is CDC's top TB researcher. Tuberculosis patient is married to daughter of top TB scientist at Centers for Disease Control laboratory.
· In this rather bizarre, yet-unfolding drama, one thing is clear: the man who has contracted this dangerous form of TB, Andrew Speaker, needs to be healed. We give thanks to our Great Physician that, when we need a healing touch, we know Who to turn to. Let's join our hearts in prayer now for the complete recovery of Mr. Speaker from his case of TB. · "By His stripes, we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5)
2. TB traveler exposes gaps in border control - Washington Times
The government is investigating how the globe-trotting tuberculosis patient drove into the country after his name was put on a watch list - - and given to U.S. border guards.
· Thank you, Lord for revealing yet another gap in our border protections. We pray that You will seal those gaps by Your hand, and guard us by Your great Love for us. · "Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence." (Psalm 91:3)
3. WTC Heroes Face New Horror Study: Responders face higher blood cancer risk - Fox News
Top doctors suspect diseases triggered by unusual 'synergistic mix' of toxins at Ground Zero site, according to report.
· Lord we take authority over these diseases and in the Name and by the Blood of Jesus we command them to be destroyed. · "Behold I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19)
4. FBI: Violent crime still increasing - USA Today
Violent crime kept climbing in 2006, a top FBI official said Wednesday, previewing a report detailing nationwide increases in murders, robberies and other felonies for a second straight year.
· Father may the fresh wind of Your Spirit blow over our nation from sea to sea and border to border. We acknowledge our need of repentance and Your mercy, that only You can save us from violence and immorality. · "Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit says the Lord of hosts." (Zechariah 4:6)
5. Abstinence Funding Program in Danger - NECP (New England Concerts of Prayer)
Democrats in Washington, D.C. are working to remove the Title V funding altogether at the federal level. Title V is the $50 million mandatory appropriation created in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) bill and is set to expire on June 30, 2007. These funds are distributed on a formula basis to states, and this language is particularly important because it established the "A-H" criteria for abstinence education that governs all federal abstinence dollars. If Title V is not reauthorized by June 30th, funding for abstinence programs will be lost.
· Lord we pray that funding for these abstinence programs be preserved in spite of the attempts to destroy them. We declare that You alone are God over America, and not the immorality of society. · "For the wicked shall no more pass through you, he shall be utterly cut off." (Nahum 1:15)
6. Stock indexes set new records - Washington Times
The U.S. stock market yesterday brushed off a major plunge in Chinese stocks and surged to new milestones, with both the Standard & Poor's 500 and the Dow Jones stock indexes hitting their highest closes since the 2000 stock crash.
· Lord we thank You for this rally on the Stock Market. We ask Your mercy to bring stability for our economy overall, and the gift of Your blessing upon our nation. · "Ask the Lord for rain in the time of the latter rain. The Lord will make flashing clouds; He will give them showers of rain, grass in the field for everyone." (Zechariah 10:1)
7. What Global Warming? - AP
As President Bush calls on 15 nations to set emissions standards, space agency Administrator Michael D. Griffin says global warming is not a problem humans 'must wrestle with.
· Continue to lift up the entire "global warming agenda" before the Throne of Grace. Offer praise that there are those in "high places" who have found the courage to question this initiative. Handle with care -- handle with prayer. · "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)