1. Hope for Immigration Bill - AP
President says he is confident that Congress will ultimately pass his proposed immigration reforms, saying that the bill is only "temporarily derailed." In the meantime, lawmakers on both sides of the aisle continue to promote this legislation.
· Continue to pray in the spirit over all news related to this bill. God is in control! · "Pray without ceasing . . ." (I Thess. 5:18)
2. Gonzales cloture push falls seven votes short - The Hill
Senate Republicans yesterday shot down a Democratic resolution of no confidence in embattled Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, presaging a setback for the new majority's expanding investigation of the Justice Department.
· Offer praise that this vote did not pass, and ask our Lord to continue to uphold Mr. Gonzalez as he works to bring forth justice for our people. Praise God! · " . . . I will make justice the measuring line, And righteousness the plummet . . ." (Is. 28:17)
3. Suit to decide workplace 'hate speech' - Washington Times
The words "natural family," "marriage" and "union of a man and a woman" can be punished as "hate speech" in government workplaces, according to a lawsuit that is being appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court.
· We pray Lord, that You will not allow this deceitful manipulation of words to deceive others. Quickly bring these people to Your truth and Your salvation! And quickly stop their divisive schemes! · But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. (2 Corinthians 3:14,17)
4. US to set options for withdrawing from Iraq - London Telegraph
America's top representatives in Iraq will set out the full range of military options, including withdrawal, in a report to the US Congress.
· Lord, we pray for You to give Your Wisdom and direction to the minds and hearts of the representatives who are planning the full range of military options, including any withdrawal! God is a shield for us and a mighty refuge in our time of need! · For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding; He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly. (Proverbs 2:6,7)
5. Russia's Putin Sees 'New Balance of Power' in Global Economy - NY Sun
President Putin assailed the dominance of the global economy by a small group of developed countries and called on them to recognize a "new balance of power" in the world.
· Pray continually that multitudes of Christians will witness to Putin and that he will give his heart to Christ soon! · Thus says the Lord: "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty man glory in his might, Nor let the rich man glory in his riches; but let him who glories glory in this - that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the Lord. (Jeremiah 9:23,24)
6. Bush defends humanitarian record with pope - MSNBC
President Bush, deeply unpopular here and met by boisterous protests, sought to impress Pope Benedict XVI and the Italian public on Saturday with his humanitarian record and downplayed differences with the Vatican over Iraq.
· While the world does not understand why President Bush has stood with Iraq to win its freedom, the Lord knows that President Bush has a vision from God and that God alone is the only one who can bring that freedom! · The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with His hand. (Psalms 37:23,24)
7. Bush Asks Congress for $30B To Launch Anti- AIDS Campaign - NY Sun
President Bush asked Congress yesterday to approve $30 billion over the next five years to mount a more aggressive campaign against the spread of AIDS worldwide.
· Father we ask Your mercy for those afflicted with HIV/AIDS worldwide. We pray that in this effort to assist people, You be lifted above any plans of men. May Your healing and miracle power be displayed for all to see, and may Your truths be used as guidance for all legislation. · "Open your mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy." (Proverbs 31:9)