This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
In your good pleasure make Zion prosper; build up the walls of Jerusalem. (Psalm 51:18)
1. Olmert will urge Bush to prevent smuggling of weapons to Hizbullah - Ynet News
Israel has expressed its concern over the rearming of Hizbullah and the incessant smuggling of weapons into Lebanon. The issue is expected to be raised during Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's meeting in Washington with US President George W. Bush, scheduled for next Tuesday.
2. US awaits Israel on 'benchmark' plan - Jerusalem Post
Israel has yet to respond officially to a US document on movement and access presented in April, even though the plan is likely to be on the table at the White House when Prime Minister Ehud Olmert visits there next week.
3. Six Qassams land in Sderot area Monday morning - Ynet News
Palestinian gunmen fired six Qassam rockets at the town of Sderot and the western Negev communities on Monday morning, following a number of relatively quiet days in southern Israel.
4. Palestinians, foreign media slam use of "press" vehicle in border attack - Israel Insider
The Palestinian journalists' union chided militants on Sunday for using a vehicle marked with a "TV" sign to cross Gaza's border with Israel Saturday and attack an Israeli military post on the other side. One militant was killed in the attack, for which Islamic Jihad and the Fatah al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades jointly claimed credit. No Israelis were hurt.
5. US pilots in Israel for joint air force drill - Ynet News
Israel's air force held a joint drill with visiting US pilots on Sunday, stirring interest in a region bracing for a possible armed showdown over Iran's nuclear program.