1. Senators To Revive Immigration Bill - NY Sun
Key senators tentatively agreed on a plan to revive a stalled immigration bill yesterday, aided by President Bush's support for a quick $4.4 billion aimed at "securing our borders and enforcing our laws at the work site."
*Lord, we ask you to shed light and reveal truth in this bill. We ask your will to be done and your blessings in making good laws. Blessed be the name of God forever and ever; for wisdom and might are his; . . . . he giveth wisdom to the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding; he revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him. ( Daniel 2:20-22)
2. Reid Rips Pace, Petraeus Over War - AP
Senate majority leader calls departing Joint Chiefs Chair 'incompetent', balks at top commander's positive Iraq remarks.
*Lord, give these leaders knowledge of Your way of judging, O God, and give the Spirit of Your righteousness to them to control all their actions. (Psalm 72:1)
3. Gay Marriage Safe in Massachusetts - ABC News
Gay rights supporters were euphoric today after the Massachusetts legislature defeated an amendment to define marriage as a union of a man and woman.
* Lord, our need is so great!!! We cry out for Your mercy over wicked decisions. We continue to ask for the Spirit of truth over our legislatures. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. ( Heb. 4:16)
4. Trouble Mounting in Orbit - AP
Spacewalk set to repair shuttle thermal blanket, while computer glitch may force ISS evacuation.
*Father, all things are in Your hands and we glorify You. We ask You to deliver ISS from trouble and watch over to bring success. Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the Most High; and call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. (Ps. 50:14,15)
5. Beloved Wife of Rev. Billy Graham Dies - CBN News
Ruth Bell Graham, the beloved wife of Rev. Billy Graham, died Thursday afternoon, surrounded by her husband and family.
* Lord, our nation looks to You for comfort in the passing of Ruth Graham. We thank You for the great testimony of her life as a "virtuous woman". We give you praise for the eternal contributions she made for the kingdom of heaven. Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. ( Prov. 31:1,2)
6. Republicans Introduce Bill to Extend Tax Cuts - (CNSNews.com)
House Republicans introduced legislation Thursday that would make tax cuts first implemented in 2001 and 2003 permanent, citing economic growth as evidence that they work.
* Thank you Lord for this bill. We claim Your word to prosper Your cause in our economy. Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favor my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant. ( Ps. 35:27)