Announcing a National Conference Call
for the March of Remembrance:
Next Monday, February 16th at 9:00 p.m. EST
For details, please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, February 11, 2015
The Daily Brief
1. Officials: US closing embassy in Yemen amid continued unrest - CNSNews.com
The United States is closing its embassy in Yemen amid political deadlock and deteriorating security conditions after the takeover of the country by Shiite rebels, two U.S. officials said. The officials said that diplomats were being evacuated from the country on Tuesday and that the embassy in Sanaa would suspend operations until conditions improve. Yemen has been in crisis for months with Iran-linked Shiite Houthi rebels besieging the capital and then taking control. The U.S. officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the closure publicly on the record. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we thank You that the diplomats in Yemen have been kept safe in Your care during this time of upheaval. We ask that You continue to keep all safe until all have been evacuated. We also ask that You would keep Your hand of protection on CIA operatives and US Military personnel that stay behind to do their work of counter-terrorism. In His Name, we pray, Amen.
- "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of Jehovah, He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in whom I trust. For he will deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, And from the deadly pestilence . . " (Psalm 91: 1-3)
2. 15 Dems to Boycott Netanyahu Speech to Joint Session of Congress - CNSNews.com
The number of Democrats who say they won't attend a March 3 joint session of Congress where Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is scheduled to speak now number 15, according to The Hill. Some have cited House Speaker John Boehner's invitation to Netanyahu without informing the White House as a snub to President Barack Obama, and some believe Netanyahu will use the opportunity to criticize the president's negotiations with Iran over its nuclear ambitions. (To read the list of the names of those not attending, please go here.)
- Abba Father, You know what is best for P.M. Netanyahu and for Israel. We ask that You would impart Your desire and wisdom upon the Prime Minister, as he makes his plans for this trip to our nation. In Your Name, we pray, Amen.
- "For Jehovah gives wisdom; Out of his mouth comes knowledge and understanding." (Proverbs 2:6)
3. Ingraham: Obama's Prayer Breakfast Comments 'Most Appalling' of Any President - CNSNews.com
During a roundtable discussion on "Fox News Sunday," radio talk show host Laura Ingraham said President Barack Obama's comments at the National Prayer Breakfast last week about how Americans need "to get off our high horse," because Christians committed "terrible deeds" during the Crusades was "one of the most appalling statements" of any president. "That comment he made at the big prayer breakfast speech, when he said get off -- we have to get off our high horse, I found that offensive. A high horse? We have a man burned to death? We have all these children being buried alive, we have Christians being tortured and brutalized throughout Africa, and now in the Middle East. And we're on our high house?" Ingraham said. "I found that to be one of the most appalling statements of a modern day president at a time of great crisis," she added. (Read more)
- Abba Father, We agree with Laura Ingraham and all the other commentators on other news networks that found President Obama's comments appalling. I thank You for the firestorm of comments disagreeing with our President. Lord, do not hold his comments against us. We repent for his insult and lack of sensitivity. We ask that You would enlighten him the same way You enlighten us when we have said something that we should be ashamed of. In His Name, we pray. Amen
- "And thou shalt speak unto him, and put the words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do." (Exodus 4:15)
4. White House asking authorization for military to fight IS - CNSNews.com
The White House circulated a proposal Tuesday to authorize the Pentagon to fight Islamic State terrorists without an "enduring offensive combat" role, an ambiguous phrase designed to satisfy lawmakers with widely varying views on the need for U.S. ground operations.
Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J, describing the proposal to reporters, said President Barack Obama would seek an authorization for the use of force that would expire after three years. It would end the approval for operations in Iraq that Congress passed in 2002. Menendez spoke after he and other Democratic senators met privately with top White House aides, on the eve of an anticipated formal request for legislation from the president. "Hopefully there will not be a significant delay in Congress acting," said White House press secretary Josh Earnest. (Read more)
- Abba Father, The Congress is in agreement that a new authorization is needed for the present war against terrorism. We ask that there would be unity in their choice of words so that both sides of the isle are satisfied and in agreement. We ask that the proposal would be strong, strategic and all encompassing. In His Name, we pray. Amen
- "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brethren to dwell together in unity!" (Psalm 133:1)
5. Senators Urge Obama Administration to Help Iraq Establish Province for Christians - CNSNews.com
17 U.S. senators led by Mark Kirk (R) and Dick Durbin (D) of Illinois, sent an open letter to Secretary of State John Kerry last week asking the State Department to support the Iraqi government in establishing a new province in the Nineveh Plains for the Assyrian Christian population.
"We write you to express our deep concern regarding the situation faced by Assyrian Christians -- also called Chaldean and Syriac -- and other minorities of the Nineveh Plains in northern Iraq."
The senators cited the Iraqi constitution, which guarantees the "administrative, political, cultural, and educational rights" of various nationalities living in Iraq, such as the Turkomen, Chaldeans, and Assyrians. They also cite a January 2014 decision by the Iraq Council of Ministers to create three new provinces, including the Nineveh Plains region, for the Assyrian Christians. (Read more)
- Abba Father, Your people are being persecuted, marginalized and neglected in Iraq. We humbly ask that You would intervene in this situation. Lord push President Obama and the State Department to encourage the Iraqi government to establish a new province in the Nineveh Plains for the Chaldeans, Syrians and Assyrian Christians in Iraq. In His Name, we pray. Amen
- "And it came to pass, as they journeyed east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there." (Genesis 11:2)
6. Effort to Declassify Key Material on Saudis and 9/11 Attacks Edges Ahead - CNSNews.com
With the Obama administration declining to comment on fresh claims of close ties between al-Qaeda and prominent Saudis in the run-up to 9/11, a congressional effort to prod the administration to declassify documents on the topic is gaining support - although at a glacial pace.
Among the Saudi royals reportedly implicated by convicted al-Qaeda terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui is Alwaleed bin Talal, a billionaire prince who is a leading investor in Fox News' parent company, and whose largesse has benefited the likes of former President Jimmy Carter's non-profit organization and the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).
The explosive charges about top figures in the oil-rich U.S. ally have energized an initiative by a small group of lawmakers to have the administration declassify 28 redacted pages from a 2002 House and Senate report entitled "Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Community Activities Before and After the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001."
H.Res.14 was introduced last month by Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.) and now has six co-sponsors - Democratic Reps. Stephen Lynch (Mass.), John Conyers (Mich.), Alan Grayson (Fla), Mark Pocan (Wisc.) and Michael Capuano (Mass.); and Republican Rep. Thomas Massie (Ky.). A similar initiative in the last Congress failed to advance. (Read more)
- Lord God, we see that in this hour, many hidden schemes are now coming to light and that, more and more, our enemy is no longer able to hide behind veiled screens of deception. Abba, we ask that You grant these legislators all the leverage they need to be able to investigate this critical matter, and that You protect the lives of those who are doing this research. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "He will cover you with His pinions, And under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark." (Psalm 91:4)
7. WEST: NORAD Head Says Russia Increasing Arctic Long Range Air Patrols - USNI (U.S. Naval Institute)
While Russian military aircraft have stepped up their activity everywhere from the North Sea to the Baltic to the Black Sea in the last year they have also been spotted more frequently closer to the U.S. territory in the Arctic, the head of U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM) and North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) told USNI News on Tuesday.
In particular flights of Tupolev Tu 95 Bear 'H' Bombers have increased recently NORTHCOM's Adm. Bill Gortney said. "They've been very aggressive under my NORAD hat for us in the Arctic," he said to USNI News following a keynote address at the WEST 2015 conference. "Aggressive in the amount of flights, not aggressive in how they fly."
Since the March seizure of the Ukrainian region of Crimea by Russian forces Moscow has significantly stepped up air patrols in Europe, Asia and near the Americas. The flights extend as far North as the edge of American air space near Alaska and as far South as U.S. holdings in Guam. (Read more)
- O, Lord God! Only You are able to protect us from such an aggressive enemy! Abba, we once again fall on our faces in repentance for our many and grievous sins, and in this hour of desperate need, we ask You to please visit each of us to know even those sins which have been hidden from our sight. Help us, Lord, we pray. Send forth Your angelic host to render us help in time of need, we pray, amen and amen.
- "Bless the Lord, you His angels, Mighty in strength, who perform His word, Obeying the voice of His word! Bless the Lord, all you His hosts, You who serve Him, doing His will." (Psalm 103:20, 21)
8. Federal Election Commission to Consider Regulating Online Political Speech - CNSNews.com
The Federal Election Commission (FEC) is holding a hearing today to receive public feedback on whether it should create new rules regulating political speech, including political speech on the Internet that one commissioner warned could affect blogs, YouTube videos and even websites like the Drudge Report.
The hearing is a response to the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in McCutcheon v. FEC last year, which struck down the FEC's previous cap on aggregate campaign contributions from a single donor in an election cycle. (Read more)
- Lord God, our Constitution guarantees us the right to freedom of speech. We thank You for this Constitution, and for every word therein. We ask that these federal regulators be reminded of the law of the land, and render their opinion accordingly. Thank You, Lord, for the freedoms we still enjoy on this land as American citizens. In Jesus' name we offer You praise, amen and amen.
- "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
9. Lankford: Congress Should Disapprove D.C. Law That Would Force Christian Groups to Employ Abortion Advocates - CNSNews.com
On Capitol Hill, CNSNews.com asked Senator James Lankford (R-Okla.), "The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops is asking Congress to disapprove the D.C. Reproductive Health Non-Discrimination Act because it would force religious and pro-life organizations to hire people who advocate abortion. Can the government force Christian organizations to hire people who advocate abortion?"
Senator Lankford said, "No, no it cannot." (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for Senator Lankford and for this statement, defending life in the nation's capital. We ask that Your hand of blessing would rest upon him and upon all of his colleagues, on both sides of the Hill, who are now working to uphold all of Your law among the laws of men. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live." (Deuteronomy 30:19)
10. Good News for the Congressional Prayer Caucus
Sen. James Lankford Named New Co-Chair of Congressional Prayer Caucus
Brings 'Staunch Commitment' to Protect Religious Liberties
"Oklahoma's newly elected Republican Senator, James Lankford, was appointed the new co-chairman of the Congressional Prayer Caucus, the caucus' co-chair and founding member, Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va., announced on Thursday.
"The Congressional Prayer Caucus has worked successfully to advocate for and protect values that are fundamental to the fabric of our nation, and I'm honored to serve as co-chairman . . . This Caucus has worked together on a bipartisan basis to preserve the presence of religion, faith, and morality in the marketplace of ideas. It is vitally important that Congress respects these values in public policy, as well as culture."
Rep. Randy Forbes, meanwhile, commented to CP: "I am confident that Senator Lankford will prove to be a valuable partner, not only in the growth of the Caucus, but also in continuing the fight for the ability of all Americans to freely exercise and live by their religious beliefs. I look forward to working with him, along with the over 80 other Members of the Congressional Prayer Caucus, on a number of legislative issues this next year to protect the constitutional right to religious freedom, so that our nation may continue to draw upon and benefit from this essential freedom.""
- Father God, we thank You for the Congressional Prayer Caucus and the good work they are doing within the Halls of Congress to protect our freedom of religion. We also thank You, Lord, for the many state assemblies who are also forming their own Prayer Caucuses . . . most recently, that of the State of Illinois. May this precious "tree of righteousness" continue to grow and to flourish in the days ahead. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the path of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers." (Psalm 1:1-3)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Netanyahu: I am not looking for fight with Obama over Congress speech - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said for the second consecutive day on Tuesday that he would deliver his speech to Congress, acknowledging profound disagreements with Washington over Iran but stressing that policy differences with US presidents were not uncommon.
"Disagreements over Israel's security have occurred between prime ministers in Israel from the Left and from the Right and American presidents from both parties," he said in a videoed statement. "None of these disagreements led to a rupture in the relationship between Israel and the United States. In fact, over time, our relationship grew stronger." (Read more)
- Abba, we continue to lift this meeting before Your Throne. Father, we pray that the US Congress will listen to what Prime Minister Netanyahu has to say, regardless of their political party affiliation. We repent for our leaders who are prideful, arrogant, and disrespectful. We pray that You will move on their hearts and open their minds to listen. Father, give them fierce focus to hear what Mr. Netanyahu has to say, and Your divine discernment of how to handle it. Instill in their hearts the seriousness of this matter. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
2. Inside V15's ground game to unseat Netanyahu - Times of Israel
JTA - When he goes door to door in this city handing out campaign materials, Shai Gal doesn't tell people to vote for Labor, Meretz or the other liberal parties vying for support ahead of Israel's March 17 election.
He just asks one question: Do you want to replace Bibi? So far, he says, he's heard a lot of yeses. "Bibi has an interest for us to be scared about security," Gal told a group of voters in Tel Aviv on Monday night, using the popular nickname for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. "He wants us to give up and not vote because that's how it is. What upsets Bibi personally is that we're creating a mindset of victory."
Gal, 30, is a field organizer for V15, an organization established in December with one goal: to replace Israel's right-wing government with a center-left coalition. Rather than trying to convince right-wing voters to move left, V15 has researched where most center-left voters live and launched an intensive ground operation to get them to the polls. (Read more)
- Father, we pray to You that the US tax payer money is not being used to influence Israel's elections. Father, we pray for Your hand over all aspects of Israel's coming elections. We ask that You raise up the people that You desire to be seated in government in Your land. We ask that not one person be elected unless Your holy approval is upon it. We pray for the people of Israel's eyes to be open, their minds full of Your discernment, and their ears ready to hear what You want them to do. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
3. NGO buys West Bank lands using forged documents - ynet news
Police arrested three suspects on Monday who are allegedly involved in a scheme to buy lands in the West Bank using forged documents and without the consent of the Palestinian land owners.
Police suspects at least ten deals worth millions of shekels were made using forged documents, with settlers from the Ulpana neighborhood, Migron, Amona and Givat Asaf taking over the land after the deals were finalized.
An investigation was launched following petitions that were filed to the Supreme Court against some of the deal, which claimed the lands were sold to an NGO operating in the West Bank without the consent of the Palestinian land owners. (Read more)
4. Assad launches a campaign in the Golan Heights - Jerusalem Online
The Syrian campaign is gaining strength - close to Israel: Assad's forces are starting to bite at the strongholds of the Syrian rebels in the area close to the Golan. At this stage, they aim at pushing away the danger posed by the attempts of the rebels from the Kuneitra area to join forces with the rebels from the rural area west of Damascus. But, there are signs, that the attack has a more ambitious goal - to reclaim the border with Israel. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we pray for peace surrounding Israel. We pray for the peace of Israel and Jerusalem. We ask that You send legions of warrior angels, with all the armor they need, to the borders of Israel. We ask that You keep the enemy far away from Israel's borders. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
5. Majority of Palestinians favor halting security coordination with Israel, poll finds - Jerusalem Post
A majority of Palestinians supports halting security coordination with Israel and contacts with the US, according to a new public opinion poll published on Tuesday. The poll, which was conducted by the Palestinian Center for Public Opinion, covered 1,000 Palestinian respondents and has a margin of error of three percent.
The president of the center, Nabil Kukali, said that around 61% of respondents expressed support for ending security coordination between the Palestinian Authority and Israel. "It seems that this stance came as a response to the repeated Israeli procedures, practices and transgressions, such as retaining the Palestinian customs revenues and the refusal to transfer these funds to the Palestinian Authority," he said. "This, in addition to the continuation of settlement construction, halt of the peace process, tightening the siege on the Gaza Strip, boosting the checkpoints and the continuation of intrusions and arrests." (Read more)
6. US bill seeks to tie massive trade pact to EU rejection of BDS- Times of Israel
WASHINGTON - A new Congressional bill will seek to battle efforts to boycott Israel by linking rejection of BDS to a trade agreement being negotiated with the European Union, the largest free trade deal in history.
The Israel Trade and Commercial Enhancement Act, which will be officially submitted Tuesday afternoon in Washington, enjoys bipartisan sponsorship which backers hope will help it advance quickly through Congress.
Representatives Peter Roskam (R-IL) and Juan Vargas (D-CA) co-sponsored the bipartisan legislation, which they say will "leverage ongoing trade negotiations to discourage prospective US trade partners from engaging in economic discrimination against Israel." The bill, which has been worked on for over six months, does not authorize any sort of federal response to domestic BDS initiatives, but rather would use free trade negotiations to discourage foreign and international institutions from supporting initiatives to boycott, divest from, or sanction Israel. (Read more)
7. Sweden Announces Aid Package to 'Palestine' - Israel National News
Sweden announced a multi-million-euro aid package for the Palestinian Authority (PA) on Tuesday as PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas made his first visit to Stockholm since 2009. Prime Minister Stefan Loefven stressed that his country's recognition of "Palestine" back in October, when it became the first major Western European country to do so, came with responsibilities.
"According to us Palestine is now a state. Our expectations of Palestine and their leadership will therefore increase," Loefven told reporters during Abbas' visit to Stockholm, according to the AFP news agency. "There is no contradiction between keeping good relations with Palestine and keeping good relations with Israel," Loefven added.
The announcement of Sweden's recognition of "Palestine" in late October saw withering verbal jabs about IKEA furniture between Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman and Swedish Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom, as well as Swedish financial institutions boycotting Israeli companies. Israel also temporarily withdrew its ambassador from Stockholm. (Read more)
8. Russian Separatists Fire Rockets at Jewish Welfare Center in Eastern Ukraine - Algemeiner
A Jewish welfare center in Kramatorsk, eastern Ukraine, was hit by two rockets today, as pro-Russian forces launched a deadly attack targeting both Ukraine's military headquarters and a residential area in the city.
The rockets, which damaged the 9-story building where the center is located, did not explode, as one hit the roof and another landed in the backyard. No injuries were immediately reported at the center and the building has been evacuated. However, at least five people were killed and 26 wounded in the latest Russian attack on the city, RFE/RL reported.
The center, a part of the 'Hesed' network supported by the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), serves over 560 elderly and poor Jews and employs 42 people.
A statement from JDC pointed out that the organization, which marked its centennial last year, has been at the forefront of aid efforts since the Ukraine crisis began. "The organization has delivered food, medicine, homecare, stipends for new accommodation, post-trauma care, and vitally important winter fuel, bedding, and clothing as the conflict has worsened," the statement noted. "JDC currently serves over 4,600 Jews in the eastern conflict zones and 2,400 internally displaced Jews who have fled to cities like Kyiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv, and Odessa." (Read more)
The Daily Jot
Prophetic impact--Crusaders and Islam
What many Bible scholars overlook in their postulation about end time prophecy is that there was an empire that arose out of 670 years of battles, eventually conquering the Middle East and parts of Europe after the Roman Empire. The Ottoman Empire, an Islamic Caliphate, benefitted from Muslim conquests beginning with Mohammad (circa 622) until it was officially formed in 1291. By then, Muslims ruled the Middle East, parts of Eastern Europe, and had advanced on Italy and Spain. The Ottoman Empire emanated out of Turkey, coalescing the Caliphate and uniting Islam from 1291 to 1922. It was ended with a severe, seemingly fatal blow, when Turkey became a Republic in 1922 and abolished the Caliphate in 1924.
From 1096 to 1291, seven Crusades responded to hundreds of years of Muslim attacks on Europe, threatening to eliminate Christianity from the world. Even in 1801, the Ottoman Empire's sanctioned piracy prompted America to commission a navy to fight. The Ottomans had required ransom of what amounted to 20% of the US government's revenue, yet were still taking our ships and enslaving our Christian citizens. Renown Crusade historian Thomas F. Madden of Saint Louis University writes: "Christians in the eleventh century were not paranoid fanatics. Muslims really were gunning for them...From the time of Mohammed, the means of Muslim expansion was always the sword."
Madden continues: "With enormous energy, the warriors of Islam struck out against the Christians shortly after Mohammed's death. They were extremely successful. Palestine, Syria, and Egypt-once the most heavily Christian areas in the world-quickly succumbed. By the eighth century, Muslim armies had conquered all of Christian North Africa and Spain. In the eleventh century, the Seljuk Turks conquered Asia Minor (modern Turkey), which had been Christian since the time of St. Paul. The old Roman Empire, known to modern historians as the Byzantine Empire, was reduced to little more than Greece...That is what gave birth to the Crusades."
Madden says the Crusades "were not the brainchild of an ambitious pope or rapacious knights but a response to more than four centuries of conquests in which Muslims had already captured two-thirds of the old Christian world. At some point, Christianity as a faith and a culture had to defend itself or be subsumed by Islam. The Crusades were that defense." Prophetically speaking, the Ottoman Empire met several criteria of what could rise again as the beast empire. For example, Ezekiel 38:12 says Gog (the antichrist, emanating from modern Turkey), attacks "To take a spoil, and to take a prey." If you are watching prophecy, keep an eye on Islam--it is an antichrist religious system and it seeks to reestablish world rule.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Good News Corner
The Christian 'Braveheart' Story You've Never Heard Before
Publishing project is all about putting "Christ back into history."
(Thomspon, IL)-A children's audio theater series is putting Christ back into history, and it's getting lots of support from several well-known actors and actresses.
Heirloom Audio Productions just released its second CD, In Freedom's Cause, which recounts the true story of 14th-century Scottish hero William Wallace, spotlighting his Christian faith in a way that Braveheart did not. The company's first project, Under Drake's Flag, highlighted the adventures and faith of Sir Francis Drake, the first Englishman to circle the globe.
They're based on G.A. Henty books and made in the same genre as Adventures in Odyssey. In fact, some crew members from Adventures In Odyssey worked on the projects.
Each episode is two hours and comes with curriculum.
Executive producer Bill Heid said the projects have one goal: Tell how history's heroes were driven by their Christian faith.
"Everything in our world is sort of sterilized and secularized, and the faith of the men has been taken out of textbooks in America and around the world," Heid said. "These projects are all about putting Christ back into history."
"[Wallace's] faith was profound-so much so that when King Edwards' men had him executed, his last request was to have the book of Psalms put in front of him so he could read it as he was being pulled apart," Heid said. "That's faith."
Signs and Wonders
Severe sandstorm grounds flights ahead of rain, snow
Dust fills skies as winter storm barrels in, forcing smaller airports to close and causing breathing problems
Israel woke up Wednesday to a blanket of fine yellow dust covering the sky, cars, roads and causing breathing problems and airport closures, as a major winter storm blew sand into the area ahead of an expected drenching.
Heavy rains and possibly snow were expected to begin falling on Wednesday after more than 24 hours of sandstorms and winds reaching up to 100 km/h (60 mph).
Some 260 people were treated for breathing problems as sand and dust blotted out the sky and covered everything in its path Tuesday and Wednesday, according to the report.
The sand also forced airlines to cancel domestic flights Wednesday morning, as low visibility made takeoffs and landings at Tel Aviv's Sde Dov Airport and Eilat's airport impossible. (Read more)
[Source: Times of Israel]
Please lift up all Israeli citizens for protection during this dangerous storm. Thank you. (Psalm 91)
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Today we wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Rob Woodall (GA)
Rep. Tammy Baldwin (WI) - A member of the LGBT caucus
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Oceans" - Hillsong - Lauren Daigle
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!