Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, February 6, 2015
". . . the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea." (Isaiah 11:9)
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:11)
The Daily Brief
1. Franklin Graham Responds to Obama's ISIS-Christian Prayer Breakfast Comparison: Jesus Lived for Peace, Mohammed Killed Innocent People - Christian Post
"Today at the National Prayer Breakfast, the President implied that what ISIS is doing is equivalent to what happened over 1000 years ago during the Crusades and the Inquisition," Franklin Graham wrote. "Mr. President - Many people in history have used the name of Jesus Christ to accomplish evil things for their own desires. But Jesus taught peace, love and forgiveness."
Graham further wrote that unlike Jesus, who lived His life without sin, Mohammed took many innocent lives.
"[Jesus] came to give His life for the sins of mankind, not to take life. Mohammad on the contrary was a warrior and killed many innocent people," Graham asserted. "True followers of Christ emulate Christ - true followers of Mohammed emulate Mohammed." (Read more)
- Abba Father God, the writing is now clearly on the wall for all to see: the writing that spells out Obama's Moslem agenda as well as his anti-semitic and anti-Christian positioning. May we all see, know and take heed . . . our days may now be numbered. We ask for Your spirit of grace, boldness and courage so that, whenever we are callenged in days ahead, we may stand for the uncompromised Gospel in the Word of God. We ask this prayer in Jesus' name, Amen.
- "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come." (2 Timothy 3:1)
2. National Prayer Breakfast: Obama said, "People committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ." - AP
Obama had a more non-denominational message for the audience that also included prominent leaders of non-Christian faiths. The president said that while religion is a source for good around the world, people of all faiths have been willing to "hijack religion for their own murderous ends."
"Unless we get on our high horse and think that this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ," Obama said. "In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ.
"So it is not unique to one group or one religion," Obama said. "There is a tendency in us, a simple tendency that can pervert and distort our faith."
Obama joked that it's a rare event that can bring together the Dalai Lama and NASCAR, after retired driver and commentator Darrell Waltrip gave the keynote address. Waltrip told how he had accepted Jesus Christ as his savoir after a 1993 crash left him wondering what would happen if he died.
"If you've never gotten on your knees and asked him to forgive you of your sins, you're just a pretty good guy or a pretty good gal? You're going to go to hell," Waltrip said. (Read more)
- Lord God, we praise You that the truth was spoken at the breakfast yesterday, and we ask that the light of that word, spoken by Darrell Waltrip, would dispel all other darkness present. May many remember and well reflect on his closing statement, for hell is real . . . and You gave up Your life to pay that ransom for us so that we don't need to spend an eternity separated from You. Thank You, Lord, Your grace IS sufficient, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all . . ." (I Timothy 2:5,6)
3. Critics pounce after Obama talks Crusades, slavery at prayer breakfast - Washington Post
Some Republicans were outraged. "The president's comments this morning at the prayer breakfast are the most offensive I've ever heard a president make in my lifetime," said former Virginia governor Jim Gilmore (R). "He has offended every believing Christian in the United States. This goes further to the point that Mr. Obama does not believe in America or the values we all share."
Russell Moore, president of the Southern Baptist Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, called Obama's comments about Christianity "an unfortunate attempt at a wrongheaded moral comparison." What we need more is a "moral framework from the administration and a clear strategy for defeating ISIS," he said, using an acronym for the Islamic State.
"The evil actions that he mentioned were clearly outside the moral parameters of Christianity itself and were met with overwhelming moral opposition from Christians," Moore said. He added that while he understood Obama's attempt to make sure "he is not heard as saying that all Muslims are terrorists, I think most people know that at this point." (Read more)
> > > SEE ALSO: "Prayer Breakfast Jam-Packed with Distortions" by Family Research Council. Go here.
- Again, Lord, we thank You for voices that spoke and clarified words of truth yesterday in this sea of confusion. We repent that we have looked to man for our answers, and we covenant today to look only to You, Abba Father God, the author and the finisher of our faith, for guidance in the days ahead. Help us, Lord, in these increasingly dark times, to stay on the narrow path with You. We ask this in Jesus' Name, amen and amen.
- "Ye shall have no other gods before Me." (Exodus 20:3)
4. Biden to miss Netanyahu's speech to Congress due to travel - CNS News.com
Vice President Joe Biden is expected to miss Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's controversial address to a joint meeting of Congress because of foreign travel, Biden's office said Friday.
The announcement comes amid deep White House irritation over Netanyahu's decision to accept an invitation from House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, without either party consulting the administration. The White House blasted the move as a breach of diplomatic protocol and said President Barack Obama would not meet with Netanyahu during next month's visit. (Read more)
- Father God, it is true that actions speak louder than words. We repent before You that our Vice-President will not be present when the Prime Minister of the nation of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu, addresses the Joint Session of Congress on March 3rd. As You look down upon us from heaven, dear Lord, we ask You to remember Your remnant in our nation who love You and wish to serve You. Show us Your mercy we ask, O Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Ye shall know them by their fruits." (Matthew 7:16)
5. Ukraine crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande to fly to Russia over war concerns - The Telegraph (UK)
Nato defense ministers have agreed to more than double the size of the alliance's Response Force and create a new quick-reaction force of 5,000 troops to meet simultaneous challenges from Russia and Islamic extremists.
Nato Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said the decisions made during a daylong meeting at alliance headquarters in Brussels will "ensure that we have the right forces in the right place at the right time."
Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko has said that the new peace plan proposed by Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande, which will be presented to Moscow on Friday, has raised hopes for an end to the fighting with Kiev's pro-Russian rebels. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for this breakthrough for Ukraine, and we see this as an answer to prayer. We ask that the peace plan being proposed by the leaders of both Germany and France would find favor with Vladimir Putin, and an easing of relations will begin between Russia and Ukraine. Help them, O Lord, to find the way to peace.
- "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:14)
6. Poll: Americans Support Netanyahu Speaking to Congress - Breitbart
According to Rasmussen, likely voters support Netanyahu's address to Congress over the objections of President Obama by a margin of 42 to 35%, with 23% undecided. The poll also found 44% of voters worried that relations between the U.S. and Israel have deteriorated during Obama's presidency, while only 9% think the relationship has grown stronger. The overall approval numbers for Obama's policy on Iranian nukes, the topic Netanyahu will address, looks better for the president, but it's still a close shave - 38% support, 35% disapprove. Unsurprisingly, the internals for all of these questions find strong Democrat approval and Republican disapproval for Obama, although the Republican disapproval is noticeably stronger. (Read more)
- Father, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, we thank You that the majority of Americans understand and agree with supporting Israel in her struggle against those who wish to wipe her off the map. We praise You for the stand of solidarity being taken by those who love You and love her. We ask You to give courage, and divine wisdom to Your servant, Benjamin Netanyahu, as he looks to You to govern Your people. We ask You to protect him and his family and friends, and to stop the mouth of liars who wish to falsely accuse him in their efforts to oust him from the position in which You have placed him. We ask, above all, for Your will to be carried out in this election, we pray. Amen.
- "Daniel answered, 'Blessed be the name of God forever and ever! For wisdom and might are His! He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and sets up kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding! He reveals the deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him'!" (Daniel 2:20-22)
7. Obama Moves to Normalize Relations with Cuba - Worthy News
President Obama announced sweeping changes to U.S. policy with Cuba on Wednesday, moving to normalize relations with the island nation and tear down the last remaining pillar of the Cold War, the Washington Post reported. (Read more)
- Father, it seems our administration does not know who our enemies are. We seem to be negotiating with those who wish to harm us, and, simultaneously withdrawing our support for our allies, (i.e. Israel). We are so grateful that You are involved in the affairs of men, and even those who hate You will carry out Your purposes. You are the Chess Master, and we ask for Your moves to be made to bring about the results that You desire among our nations. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Don't you know that God's people are going to judge the universe? If you are going to judge the universe, are you incompetent to judge these minor matters? Don't you know that we will judge angels, not to mention affairs of everyday life? So if you require judgments about matters of everyday life, why do you put them in front of men who have no standing in the Messianic Community?" (I Corinthians 6: 2-4)
8. Obama to Unveil National Security Strategy - VOA
President Barack Obama is set to present his plan to deal with foreign policy concerns, ranging from the Islamic State to the rise of China, in a report to lawmakers.
No major policy changes are expected to be unveiled Friday in the 33-page National Security Strategy document.
Some Republican lawmakers have criticized Obama for what they feel is an insufficient response to global threats, including the Islamic State group and Russia's actions in Ukraine.
In a brief introduction to the report, President Obama defended his policies. "In a complex world, many of the security problems we face do not lend themselves to quick and easy fixes," he said. (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You that this issue of national security is being addressed, especially in the light of the news that our military force has been cut back to an all time low. Certainly we see evil men prospering, and the threat to our freedoms is very real. We see the increase of evil and darkness in our world, and in our own land. We thank You that You are our Rock, our Stability and Sanity, in this insane world. We ask that we all get our own houses in order, spiritually. We desire to please You and to show You to those who need to know You. We bless You for Your love and grace and mercy extended to us. May we be used by You to show this world that their only hope of real security is in You! Amen.
- "God is our Refuge and Strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. He says, 'Be still, and know thatI am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.'" (Psalm 46:2-5;10)
9. Kerry, Zarif to Hold Nuclear Talks Saturday - VOA
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif will meet in Munich Saturday to discuss the negotiations on Iran's nuclear program.
The talks, disclosed Thursday by a senior State Department official, follow a pair of meetings the diplomats held on the topic last month.
Iran and a group that includes the United States, Britain, China, France, Russia and Germany are trying to reach a framework agreement by March 24 as part of their years-long effort to resolve questions about Iranian nuclear activity. They have given themselves until July 1 to agree to a final deal. (Read more)
- Abba, we thank You that You are ever-present, and we know that You are privvy to the conversation taking place at this moment between Secretary of State Kerry and Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif in Munich. We ask that Your will be put at the forefront of these discussions. You are the only one, true, living God, the Creator of the Universe and all that are within it. We put our trust in You alone, and ask that You, Who hold the hearts of Kings in Your Hand, will direct these mere mortal men to recognize their need for Your divine guidance and wisdom, and will call upon You at this time. Grant them wisdom, as well as common sense, we pray. We pray for miracles, we pray for peace. Amen.
- "And as for both of these "kings", their hearts and minds shall be set on doing mischief; they shall speak lies over the same table, but it will not succeed, for the end is yet to be at the time appointed." (Daniel 11:27)
10. Iran nuclear talks to be extended until July - Fox News
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Iranian Foreign A yearlong effort to seal a nuclear deal with Iran fizzled Monday, leaving the U.S. and its allies little choice but to declare a seven-month extension in hopes that a new deadline will be enough to achieve what a decade of negotiations have failed to do - limit Tehran's ability to make a nuclear weapon.
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and other Western foreign ministers converging on Vienna in a last-ditch diplomatic push talked up the add-on time as the best way forward. "We would be fools to walk away," Kerry declared.
But a week of tough maneuvering appeared to have achieved little more than agreement to keep on talking. (Read more)
- Lord of the Nations, we come to you asking for wisdom to be given to our administration concerning these talks with Iran regarding their nuclear and atomic programs. If we cannot reach an understanding by the agreed upon date, then do we want to give them more time to keep developing their weapons of mass destruction? Should we be increasing the pressure on them, rather than decreasing it? Help Secretary Kerry and others involved in these discussions to be wise and show discretion. May there be safeguards in place to verify compliance with any agreements, we pray, Amen.
- "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But, if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality an without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace." (James 3:13-16)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Thousands of Jordanians March in Support of Fight Against Islamic State - Algemeiner
Thousands of people are marching in Jordan's capital, Amman, in support of their government's fight against Islamic State (IS) militants. Jordan says its warplanes carried out dozens of air strikes on IS targets in Syria on Thursday in response to the killing of a Jordanian fighter pilot. Read full story here.
- Thank You Father, for enabling blind eyes see, and dull minds grasp the seriousness of these horrible events we see taking place in our world in the name of "religion". We pray that this will, indeed, be a"wake-up" call to those who have been ignoring the facts of the depravity of the heart without You. We pray that You will use this situation to introduce to them a God of Love, not violence and terror. May they realize their preciousness to You, and respond to Your love, we pray. Amen.
- "The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly perverse and corrupt and severely, mortally sick! Who can know it [perceive, understand, be acquainted with his own heart and mind}? I the Lord search the mind, I try the heart, even to give to every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings." (Jeremiah 17:8,9)
2. Jordan vows to 'eradicate' Islamic State - Times of Israel
AMMAN, Jordan (AFP) - Jordan vowed further retaliation against the Islamic State group for the burning alive of one of its pilots, as thousands rallied in Amman Friday in solidarity with his grieving family.
The Jordanian military said "dozens of jet fighters" struck IS targets on Thursday, hitting training camps as well as weapons and ammunition depots. Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh told CNN the operation was "the beginning of our retaliation over this horrific and brutal murder of our brave young pilot."
IS earlier this week released a highly choreographed video of the horrifying murder of pilot Mu'ath al-Kaseasbeh, whose death has sparked grief and deep anger in Jordan. (Read more)
3. Leftists in European Parliament torpedo meeting with visiting IDF Major General - Jerusalem Post
A planned meeting of Maj.-Gen. Yoav Mordechai, the coordinator for government activities in the territories, in the European Parliament was canceled on Tuesday shortly before it was to take place because of objections by left-wing politicians.
Mordechai, in Europe to discuss closer cooperation with the EU, a body extremely critical of Israel's polices in the West Bank, was scheduled to meet with the European Parliament's Delegation for Relations with Israel, a body responsible for "maintaining and developing Parliament's contacts and relations with the Knesset."
Italian MEP Fulvio Martusciello, the chairman of the group, sent a note inviting some members of the parliament to meet Mordechai, saying his visit presented an "excellent opportunity to carry an open dialogue, as well as raise issues of mutual interest."
The planned visit, however, triggered opposition. (Read more)
4. Turkish FM cancels Munich visit due to Israelis present - Times of Israel
Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu on Friday said he will not attend a Munich security conference, citing the presence of Israeli representatives at the event. "I was going to participate in the conference but we decided not to after they included the Israeli representatives in the Middle East session," he told the official Anatolia news agency in Berlin. (Read more)
5. Report: EU building hundreds of illegal structures for Palestinians in Area C of West Bank - Jerusalem Post
The EU is building hundreds of illegal structures in the West Bank, which the government has not removed in order to avoid a diplomatic tangle with the Europeans, according to a report released Friday by the NGO, Regavim. The structures are being built near Ma'aleh Adumim and its E1 area.
This report is just one of a number the group - a right-wing organization which describes itself as a "research-backed, legal advocacy organization focused on land ownership issues" - has released in recent months.
According to Regavim, European Union support for the Palestinians has in recent years moved from "passive diplomatic and financial assistance to a situation of active cooperation in illegal building which the Palestinian Authority has been advancing unilaterally since 2000, as part of its strategic plan to create a Palestinian state de facto, while avoiding the need for negotiations with Israel."
This week, prior to the release of its latest report, Regavim took journalists to look at a number of Beduin encampments straddling E1 as well as the Jerusalem-Jericho road. They are not temporary tent encampments as they were in years past, but rather clusters that - in addition to tents and tin shacks - also include modular structures with cement floors bearing the EU logo. (Read more)
6. Gaza terror groups condemn Egypt for anti-Hamas stance -Times of Israel
Representatives of several Palestinian terror groups based in the Gaza Strip condemned Egypt's decision to declare Hamas's armed wing a banned terrorist group, adding that the ruling would cripple the Islamist organization's efforts to carry out attacks against Israel.
A masked gunman, who read the condemnation statement aloud on behalf of 10 terror groups in the Strip, stressed that Gaza had no quarrel with Egypt and called on Cairo to halt its measures against the Palestinians.
"Resistance factions . . . concentrate their work against the Zionist enemy," the gunman said, according to Reuters. "We reaffirm that we do not intervene in the internal affairs of Arab countries and we hope that no one will export their internal problems toward the Palestinian people and its resistance factions," he said. (Read more)
7. Iranian diplomat in Uruguay said linked to Israeli Embassy blast - Times of Israel
A senior Iranian diplomat in Uruguay was suspected of involvement in planting a small bomb outside the Israeli Embassy in Montevideo several weeks ago, and was subsequently expelled, Haaretz reported Friday, citing sources in Jerusalem.
On January 8, an improvised explosive device was discovered outside the Israeli Embassy. At the time, officials insisted the device was a fake, but according to Haaretz, the makeshift bomb partially detonated and was later neutralized by police. There were no injuries in the attack. The Uruguay intelligence services linked the bombing to an official in the Iranian Embassy, and two weeks ago, following consultations with Tehran, the envoy left the country. (Read more)
8. Giuliani backs Netanyahu: If someone threatens to kill you, you don't give them the gun - Jerusalem Post
The former mayor of New York City was in Jerusalem on Monday night where he reiterated his support for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's right to speak before the US Congress next month.
Netanyahu is set to speak before a joint Congressional session on March 3 against US President Barack Obama's push for a negotiated deal with Tehran to halt its nuclear program.
"I want the people of Israel to know that there is strong support for them in the United States. If there is going to be any agreement with Iran than in must be based upon the fact that Iran not be allowed the possibility of obtaining a nuclear arsenal," Giuliani said, speaking at the Begin Heritage Center in the capital.
"I deeply admire Prime Minister Netanyahu for speaking out on this issue, but he honestly has no choice. If someone threatens to kill you, you simply don't give them the gun to do it, unless there's something wrong with you," the former mayor added. (Read more)
The Daily Jot
President offends Christians at Prayer Breakfast
Reverend Franklin Graham summed it up in part on Facebook: "Many people in history have used the name of Jesus Christ to accomplish evil things for their own desires. But Jesus taught peace, love and forgiveness. He came to give His life for the sins of mankind, not to take life. Mohammad on the contrary was a warrior and killed many innocent people. True followers of Christ emulate Christ-true followers of Mohammed emulate Mohammed." He was talking at the National Prayer Breakfast Thursday about how the "president" compared Christians to members of the Islamic State in the atrocities they have committed. Prior to ripping into Christians, the president welcomed "His Holiness the Dalai Lama."
The president said, "We see ISIL, a brutal, vicious death cult that, in the name of religion, carries out unspeakable acts of barbarism -- terrorizing religious minorities like the Yezidis, subjecting women to rape as a weapon of war, and claiming the mantle of religious authority for such actions." He recounted other Islamic atrocities and then said, "And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ." In the same context, he went on to imply that Christians were targeting other faiths in India. I know that Christians are persecuted in India, by none other than--yes, you know--Islamists.
The president was trying to make the case that men do terrible things in the name of religion, and they often do not truly represent that religion when they do them. In comparing Islam and Christianity, a little bit of truth makes a better lie. Yes, there were and are wrong-minded people who conduct evil in the name of Jesus Christ. But nowhere in the Bible does it instruct followers of Jesus Christ to kill those who do not follow him. Jesus said in Matthew 5:44, "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you." He gave us a new commandment to love one another as he has loved us.
This is a stark contrast to the writings of the false prophet Mohammad who said in Sura 9:5 "...slay the infidels wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush." Sura 8:12 says, "Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes." These are just two examples of how Islam is instructed to handle Jews and Christians. The "president's" remarks are extremely offensive. This president attempts to justify Islam at every venue. He was born and raised an Islamic Communist, no matter what he said to get elected.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Chain Of Command
Chain Of Command
Confirmation hearings were held yesterday for Ashton Carter, Obama's nominee to be Secretary of Defense. Carter is generally well-respected, having worked at the Pentagon for decades. Senators found most of his answers to be reassuring, except for his understanding of the administration's strategy to defeat ISIS. Watch it here.
But here's a reality check: Carter will be Obama's fourth Secretary of Defense in six years. That tells you something. Carter follows Chuck Hagel, Leon Panetta and Robert Gates, all of whom have been very critical of this White House.
As you may recall, the current Secretary of Defense, Chuck Hagel, had a difficult confirmation battle. Christians United for Israel and other groups opposed him, as did I. From leaks it appears that Hagel found himself at loggerheads with Obama on many issues, including the release of jihadist prisoners from Guantanamo Bay.
Carter told senators yesterday that he would be "a stickler for the chain of command." They were encouraged by that. This White House is notoriously suspicious of our military leaders.
But what secretaries of defense under Obama have discovered is that the "chain of command" involves advising the president, who then checks with Valerie Jarrett, who then tells the president what to do. And if the Pentagon brass doesn't salute, they are marched out the door. (Gary Bauer)
Post Mocks Iran Pact
Post Pans Iran Pact
For the past few days, I have been sounding the alarm over the disturbing direction of President Obama's nuclear negotiations with Iran. Today the Washington Post, which had supported the talks, expresses "major concerns" as well. Here are some excerpts of the Post's editorial:
"First, a process that began with the goal of eliminating Iran's potential to produce nuclear weapons has evolved into a plan to tolerate and restrict that capability.
"Second, . . . the Obama administration . . . seems ready to concede Tehran a place as a regional power at the expense of Israel and other U.S. allies.
"Finally, the Obama administration is signaling that it will seek to implement any deal it strikes with Iran . . . without seeking a vote by [Congress]. . . . [The deal] would be imposed unilaterally by a president with less than two years left in his term."
Many on the left derisively dismiss concerns about Obama's appeasement as "right-wing warmongering." The Post editorial blows that objection out of the water.
Here you have the epitome of the liberal Washington establishment echoing virtually everything I have complained about for months! In addition, the Post cites several concerns raised by liberal Senator Tim Kaine (D-VA).
And think about that last point, something we first raised back in October. The New York Times reported then that "If agreement is reached, President Obama will do everything in his power to avoid letting Congress vote on it."
On something as consequential as the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism becoming a "threshold" nuclear power, Obama is willing to let the fake Iranian parliament (real power rests with the supreme leader, Ayatollah Khamenei) have a vote, but not the elected representatives of the American people. Every member of Congress and every American citizen -- Democrat, Republican and Independent -- should be outraged by Obama's efforts to violate congressional prerogatives. (Gary Bauer)
International Prayer Connections
International Prayer Connections :
Newsletter from IPC
We highly recommend your taking the time to review, and to pray through, this month's edition of the ICP alert.
Articles include the following:
"Obama in Denial"
"White House Jihadist"
"The Muslim Brotherhood Has Infiltrated the White House" . . . and much, much more.
Each article is also followed by excellent points for prayer.
Please join John Robb (Chairman, International Prayer Council) and his ministry team this month in lifting these prayers before our Lord. To read this month's issue, please go here.
"I will pray in spirit, and I will pray with my understanding also." (I Corinthians 14:15)
The Good News Corner
7. 2 million-strong CUFI seeks to double down
on Christian support for Israel
"Usually after the first event, it's like a firestorm," said Pastor Scott Thomas, the Florida state director for Christians United for Israel (CUFI). "The excitement hits, the understanding settles in."
That, in short, illustrates the process through which CUFI has become America's largest pro-Israel organization in less than a decade of existence. In January, CUFI announced that its membership surpassed the 2-million mark. (The organization defines members as email-list subscribers whose addresses do not produce bounce-backs when messaged.)
Since its founding in 2006, CUFI has held more than 2,100 pro-Israel events, sent hundreds of thousands of advocacy emails to government officials, and trained thousands of college students to make the case for Israel across the U.S.
Pastor John Hagee, CUFI's founder and national chairman, said that when he called 400 Evangelical Christian leaders to San Antonio in 2006 to pitch them on the idea of CUFI, he thought his concept of pro-Israel programming that would "not be conversionary in any sense of the word" might deter the leaders. Instead, when he asked them to raise their hands if they accepted his proposal, "400 men raised their hands with an absolute unity that was breathtaking."
"It was one of those surreal moments that was difficult to believe had happened so effortlessly, and Christians United for Israel took off," Hagee told JNS.org at the 10th annual CUFI Leadership Summit in San Antonio on Jan. 27.
While Hagee planned for the initial group of 400 leaders to advocate for Israel on Capitol Hill that summer as a "test group," the leaders spread the word among their own churches, and CUFI ended up bringing 3,500 people on the mission to Washington, DC.
Signs and Wonders
Two-mile fault stretching from Irving to West Dallas at center of recent earthquake swarm
And, no, this is not a new fault, said DeShon in response to one journalist's question. Rather, it's an "ancient subsurface fault that has been reactivated." By what remains to be determined. (Dallas News) Read more
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Brendan F. Boyle (PA)
Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (NJ)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Healing in Your Presence" - Julie True
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!