Stand in Agreement:
The Decree Against Terrorist Acts
Urgent Prayer Alert in Syria! Go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel." (Ezekiel 39:7)
The Daily Brief
1.Commissioners Slam FCC, FEC for Latest In-Tandem Attempts to Regulate Internet - CNSNews.com
Commissioners from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Federal Election Commission (FEC) joined forces to criticize their independent agencies for their latest in-tandem attempts to expand federal regulation of the Internet.
In a Monday op-ed co-authored for Politico, FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai and FEC Commissioner Lee Goodman wrote that "Internet regulation isn't the solution to a problem. Internet regulation is the problem."
The FCC is set to vote Thursday on "net neutrality" rules that would regulate Internet Service Providers as utilities. Polling has found that only nine percent of Americans support the proposed rules.
Pai and fellow Republican Commissioner Michael O'Rielly have been outspoken in opposing passage, but they are outnumbered by the three Democrats on the FCC who are expected to vote for more regulation of the Internet. (Read more)
- Father, as we read this article, we see that on Monday, FCC Commissioners Pai and O'Rielly called for the vote on net neutrality to be delayed until the details are made public. We ask, dear Lord, for You to intervene in this matter of freedom of speech online, and that this call for a delay in the vote be honored. Lord God, there is so much riding on this one decision; we rest our case and place this matter in Your hands. We do this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Let the heavens declare His righteousness, For God Himself is Judge." (Psalm 50:6)
2. HHS Will Require Caretakers of Unaccompanied Children to Provide Abortion-Inducing Drugs - CNSNews.com
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) is advancing federal regulations that require federally funded organization caring for illegal alien minors who are in the United States without their parents (Unaccompanied Children or UC) and who may have been sexually abused access to "emergency contraception" services.
"Emergency contraception" includes abortion-inducing drugs. These care providers currently include Catholic and other faith-based organizations that oppose abortion, according to the Center for Family and Human Rights or C-FAM, a Catholic advocacy group. The Interim Final Rule was published in the Federal Register on Dec. 24, 2014, and was open to public comments until today, Feb. 23, 2015. Providers must comply with the rule by June 24, 2015, according to the Federal Register. (Read more)
- Father, forgive us for this regulation on "emergency contraception." We intercede over the many moral implications of this regulation. Only You can "fix" our broken society. Give us ideas and concepts on how to overturn these types of regulations. Pour out Your Spirit upon our leaders and make Your Word known to them. We pray for the faith-based organizations who are care providers for illegal alien minors, and are now faced with this regulation, which is contrary to their beliefs. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings." (Proverbs 1:23)
3. Texas Governor: Since Jan. 1, 'We Have Had More Than 20,000 People Come Across the Border' - CNSNews.com
"We all saw what happened on the Texas border last summer, but we need to understand that the problem is not going away," Texas Gov. Greg Abbott told CBS's "Face the Nation" with Bob Schieffer on Sunday. "Already this calendar year, since January 1, we have had more than 20,000 people come across the border, apprehended, unauthorized. And so we have an ongoing problem on the border that Congress must step up and solve." (Read more)
- Father God, You are Lord of all the earth and we declare You are Lord of our nation, especially our Southern border. We pray for You to station angels on the border to protect us from all the elements sent by the enemy to destroy our country and to dilute the population with those who do not love America as established by our Founding Fathers. We look to You alone in this time of betrayal and laxity by our national leaders.
- "Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, neither wasting nor destruction within your borders; but you shall call your walls Salvation, and your gates Praise." (Isaiah 60:18)
4. CAIR Praises DHS Report on Domestic 'Right Wing' Extremists - CNSNews.com
Welcoming news that the Department of Homeland Security is circulating an intelligence assessment on the threat posed by "right-wing sovereign citizen extremist groups," the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) says it's now time for security agencies to release a report on violence against American Muslims and others of Middle Eastern or South Asian heritage.
The DHS report - which has not been publicly released - was leaked to CNN at a time when some U.S. Islamic groups are questioning the administration's "countering violent extremism" (CVE) initiative. Some of those critics, who have called for a greater focus on non-Islam-related terror threats, declined to attend last week's White House CVE summit as a result. "We welcome this new intelligence assessment on the threat posed by domestic right-wing violent extremists," CAIR said in a statement, citing a CNN news story on the subject. (Read more)
- Father, what an alarming report! Your Word tells us that in the last days, right will be wrong, and wrong will be right. We are seeing that happen before our very eyes in these reports that focus on "right wing' extremists which have included Bible believing Christians in the group. Clearly, Islam is infiltrating every area of our government. Let us rise up and infiltrate every area with Christ! In Jesus Name, amen.
- "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived." (2 Timothy 3:12-13)
5. DHS Circulates Report Warning of 'Sovereign Citizen Extremists' - CNSNews.com
While the White House held a Countering Violent Extremism summit this week to talk about "extremist ideologies that radicalize" - not radical Islam in particular but myriad forms of extremism domestic and foreign - CNN reported that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has circulated an intelligence assessment on the "domestic terror threat from right-wing sovereign citizen extremists."
The assessment, reviewed by CNN, was produced in coordination with the FBI and "counts 24 violent sovereign citizen-related attacks across the U.S. since 2010," the news group reported on Feb. 20. According to the report, "(Sovereign citizen) violence during 2015 will occur most frequently during routine law enforcement encounters at a suspect's home, during enforcement stops and at government offices."
The report adds that "law enforcement officers will remain the primary target of (sovereign citizen) violence over the next year due to their role in physically enforcing laws and regulations." In general, the conflicts with sovereign citizens occur when they refuse to cooperate with police officers, often during traffic stops, because they claim the police lack the authority to stop them, question them, or take other steps. (Read more)
- Father, although this is a fringe group with violence toward law enforcement, their behaviors can set a precedent for future unfavorable regulations towards all citizens. Protect us Lord, in Jesus Name.
- "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue [that] shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This [is] the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness [is] of me, saith the LORD." (Isaiah 54:17)
6. Florida sees strange bedfellows in fight over solar power - Fox News
A broad political coalition, from liberal environmentalists to tea-party conservatives, has banded together in Florida to press for something that ironically is in short supply in the Sunshine State: solar power.
The group, which also includes business owners, libertarians and Christian conservatives, launched a campaign in January to place an initiative on the state's 2016 ballot that would eliminate restrictions it says are suppressing the solar industry and protecting utilities from competition.
Though Florida is the third-most-populous state in the country-after California and Texas-and has plenty of sunshine, it ranks 13th in installed solar capacity, with 229 megawatts, compared with 8,544 megawatts in top-ranked California, according to the Solar Energy Industries Association. Pennsylvania, ranked 12th, has 240 megawatts of capacity. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask that these restrictions on solar energy in the state of Florida be removed so that the people living there may have the right to install solar energy like other populous states such as Texas and California. May the monopoly of the energy utilities be ended so that competitive prices may be set in place. We ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Give us help from trouble, for the help of man is useless. Through God we will do valiantly, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies." (Psalm 108:12-13)
7. Terror trainees: New ISIS video shows indoctrination of kids as young as 5 - Fox News
The latest disturbing video from ISIS shows what the Islamist group touts as the next generation of jihadist killers, pint-sized terror trainees who appear to be as young as 5 participating in drills and reciting verses from the Koran.
The 9-minute video released Monday shows about 70 camouflage-clad kids, who are reportedly the children of foreign fighters who have flocked to Iraq and Syria to join the Islamist army. An instructor states in Arabic that most of the children are in the second phase of training and that they represent the "next generation" of ISIS. The video illustrates the charge in a UN Human Rights Council report last year that determined that Islamic State "has established training camps to recruit children into armed roles under the guise of education." (Read more)
- Oh Lord, our hearts are grieved for the scarring of their young minds and spirits with this vile indoctrination. We pray that You, in Your own supernatural way, would break up this training program that is being used to pervert young boys and threaten the rest of the world with long term generational terror. Father, we pray protection for their tender hearts and that they would be rescued from this fate. You warned in Your Word about those who would lead children astray. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." (Matthew 18:6)
8. Egyptian President el-Sisi: Need for 'unified Arab force' is growing - CNN
As threats in the Middle East grow, there's a pressing need in the region, Egypt's President said Sunday. "The need for a unified Arab force is growing and becoming more pressing every day," President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi said in a televised address, noting that Jordan and the United Arab Emirates have offered to send troops as Egypt steps up its efforts to battle ISIS in neighboring Libya.
"The challenges in the region, and facing our countries, are huge challenges, and ... we can overcome those challenges once we are together," el-Sisi said.(Read more)
- Precious Lord, since our leaders are seemingly unwilling to act adequately, we pray for these Arab countries to be successful in their efforts to stop ISIS from slaughtering more people, especially Christians and other non-Moslems. Bless their efforts as they put a stop to those who plan to control others with violence. Remove their pride and violence. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Therefore pride serves as their necklace; violence covers them like a garment." (Psalms 73:6)
9. One-Third of Americans Living on Financial Edge - NBC News
If your rainy day fund is light, you have plenty of company. According to a newly released report from Bankrate, 24 percent of Americans have more credit card debt than emergency savings, and 13 percent are not much better off-they don't have credit card debt but they don't have emergency savings either. Put another way, more than a third of Americans are living at risk of a financial crisis. (Read more)
- Oh, Abba, this headline is so difficult to read, but we do thank you that truth is being reported now by the mainstream media. We ask the You, our Provider, would intervene in the lives of the poor and marginally poor, to make up the gap for each one. Father, we ask You to make a way where there seems to be no way for the economic conditions in our nation to be eased. We ask this prayer in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness, And streams in the desert."
10. Historic US-Iran nuclear deal could be taking shape - YahooNews.com
Edging toward a historic compromise, the U.S. and Iran reported progress Monday on a deal that would clamp down on Tehran's nuclear activities for at least 10 years but then slowly ease restrictions on programs that could be used to make atomic arms.
Officials said there were still obstacles to overcome before a March 31 deadline, and any deal will face harsh opposition in both countries. It also would be sure to further strain already-tense U.S. relations with Israel, whose leaders oppose any agreement that doesn't end Iran's nuclear ambitions.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is expected to strongly criticize the deal in an address before Congress next week. (Read more here)
- Lord, the great deceiver is now working overtime, seeking to place our nation in great danger from an enemy that seeks to destroy us. We ask that You take the blinders off of the eyes of the Secretary of State, and the one he reports to, so that this deal will collapse. Under the Blood of Jesus, we also cancel the words of the "hidden Iranian plant" inside the White House, Valerie Jarrett, and declare her words null and void. Father, we ask You to forgive them all, for they know not what they do. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived." (2 Timothy 3:13)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. US Senate Democrats invite Netanyahu to meeting during visit -Jerusalem Post
Two senior US Senate Democrats invited Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday to a closed-door meeting with Democratic senators during his upcoming visit to Washington, warning that making US-Israeli relations a partisan political issue could have "lasting repercussions."
Senators Richard Durbin and Dianne Feinstein extended the invitation "to maintain Israel's dialog with both political parties in Congress," according to a letter to the Israeli leader obtained by Reuters. (Read more)
2. Barkat: Jerusalem is one of safest cities in the world - Jerusalem Post
"Do you feel secure walking the streets of Jerusalem?" Jewish Agency chairman Natan Sharansky asked Mayor Nir Barkat with a smile during the opening of a Q&A session on the state of the capital before the organization's board of governors Monday.
The line, referring to Barkat's manhandling of a terrorist the previous day, drew raucous applause and served as a fitting icebreaker for the group of over 200 leaders, who gathered at the David Citadel Hotel to be briefed by Barkat on that very topic, among others.
Eschewing standard talking points, Barkat instead immediately took questions from the capacity crowd taking part in the agency's three-day conference in the capital. (Read more)
3. Israel concerned by emerging 'bad deal' with Iran - Israel Hayom
Israeli government officials in Jerusalem are not hiding their concerns about the progress in the ongoing nuclear talks between Iran and world powers, particularly in light of The Associated Press report on Monday that exposed the details of the emerging agreement.
According to the AP report, the deal would clamp down on Iran's nuclear activities for at least 10 years but then slowly ease restrictions on programs that could be used to make nuclear weapons.
"We made progress," U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Monday as he bade farewell in Geneva to members of the American delegation at the table with Iran. More discussions between Iran and the P5+1 nations were set for next Monday, a senior U.S. official said.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said the sides found "a better understanding" at the negotiating table. The deadline for a framework agreement is March 31. (Read more)
4. Top US political consultant says Netanyahu-Obama spat endangers support for Israel - Jerusalem Post
The ongoing dispute between US President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu may have long-term consequences that could harm the future of the State of Israel, respected American political consultant Frank Luntz warned Monday in Jerusalem. Luntz has monitored Israel's image on American college campuses for 13 years. He revealed the findings of an extensive survey he took on top American campuses to the Jewish Agency Board of Governors and to Israeli leaders from across the political spectrum.
Luntz told The Jerusalem Post that the American public supports Israel's policies, especially on Iran, but not the style by which they are being communicated in the United States. He said the pressure Israel is placing on the US government is hurting not only Israeli-American relations, but also Israel's future support in the US. (Read more)
5. Comptroller looks into intel failure on Gaza tunnels - Times of Israel
The State Comptroller is investigating the possible intelligence failure surrounding attack tunnels used by Hamas during the fighting with Israel over the summer. Channel 2 reported that Yosef Shapira is in the process of interviewing ministers, and will publish a report detailing why Israel wasn't better prepared to deal with the threat. The report will be published after the March 17 elections.
Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon and Economy Minister Naftali Bennett have traded accusations over the handling of the tunnel threat. (Read more)
6. Security forces nab Hamas terror cell in Hebron -Times of Israel
Israeli security forces busted a Hamas ring in the Hebron area planning a series of terror attacks, including suicide bombings, the Shin Bet security service said Monday. The Shin Bet said it arrested 11 members of the cell in January, and that the group had carried out a failed bomb attack on Israeli troops in the West Bank. Along with the arrests, security forces seized two sub-machine guns and explosives the cell allegedly planned on using to target Israelis, the Shin Bet said.
The main suspects in the case were named as Suhaib Mamoun Saltan, 20, from Hebron, and his cousin Salam Abbas Saltan, 28, a Hamas operative, who had been convicted and imprisoned by Israel in the past and was also at one time held under administrative detention. (Read more)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Monday, February 23, 2015
Giuliani gets no respect, neither do Americans
Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani is taking heat from the leftist media and the White House for his remarks last Wednesday that the US "president" did not love his country. According to an account from the New York Post, Giuliani "doubled down" in an interview Friday. The Post reports that Giuliani claims that the "commander in chief has been influenced by communists since his youth. The Post reported Giuliani said, "From the time he was 9 years old, he was influenced by Frank Marshall Davis, who was a communist." The Post says Giuliani also said another bad influence on the "president" was Saul Alinsky, a community organizer whom the ex-mayor called a "socialist."
In the interview Giuliani said, "He doesn't talk about America the way John Kennedy and Ronald Reagan did, about America's greatness and exceptionalism, He was educated by people who were critics of the US. And he has not been able to overcome those influences." Giuliani also said, "Somebody has to raise these issues with the president. Somebody has to have the courage to stand up." Giuliani criticized the "president" for paying more attention to the police shooting in Missouri, which, "turned out to be justified," than the killings by the Islamic State. He asked, "How could you hold a press conference about Ferguson and not hold a press conference when Christians and Jews were slaughtered?"
The New York Times reported that Joe M. Allbaugh, a former Giuliani adviser who led the Federal Emergency Management Agency during the World Trade Center attacks, said he applauded Mr. Giuliani's candor. TheTimes quoted Allbaugh as saying, "He [Giuliani] represents a lot of Americans who are scratching their heads wondering why our president-the president of the United States-doesn't defend our culture the way he defends everybody else's culture." The White House was condescending and disrespectful in its response. Press Secretary Josh Earnest gave the leftist news media what they wanted in saying, "I think, really, the only thing that I feel is to feel sorry for Rudy Giuliani today."
Many Americans have raised the same questions as has Giuliani. The response has been the same. Moreover, there are many Americans who raised such questions and have been targets of IRS audits, phone tapping, and other harassments. White House press secretary Josh Earnest is a reflection of his boss. They are 2 Timothy 3 sort of men--lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, traitors, false accusers, despisers of those that are good. This is why there can be no honest dialogue about the leadership of this nation. When someone raises a concern, they are attacked as if they are the problem. As 2 Timothy 3:13 says, "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Prophetic Clock ticks as US Negotiates with Iran
Secretary of State John Kerry has been in Iran plotting behind closed doors how to make it look like Iran is never going to have a nuclear weapon. In reality, this Administration has accelerated Iran's plans to go nuclear, risking Israel and the rest of the world to holocaust. It was Pearl Harbor Day in 2005 when then head of the UN International Atomic Energy Agency Muhammad El Baradei admitted that if Iran resumed uranium enrichment, it would have a nuclear bomb within a few months. Iran had skillfully used ElBaradei's diplomacy to go from no nuclear weapons program in December 2004 to being just a few months from having a nuclear bomb. Diplomacy is Iran's friend and best weapon. So it remains today.
At that time, there were no direct negotiations with the terrorist sponsoring state. Now the White House chooses to chum up to the Iranian regime, going against longstanding policy to not negotiate with terrorists. In 2005, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said that "Israel and other countries cannot accept a situation where Iran has nuclear arms. The issue is clear to us and we are making all the necessary preparations to handle a situation of this kind." Israeli Defense Force Chief of Staff Dan Halutz said he didn't believe the diplomatic efforts of the US and Europe will be successful. Earlier in 2005, Israel's foreign ministry told The Daily Jot that Israel would not wait to act if it believed Iran had a nuclear weapon.
John Kerry declaring "We made progress,"after being holed up with Iranian negotiators on the nuclear question should leave no one with any confidence that the world is a safer place today. AP reports that the US and Iran have moved closer to a deal where Iran can enrich uranium, but would be limited to 700 of the 2,000 pounds it takes to produce a nuclear weapon. Iran is saying it wants to produce up to 29 times that amount. Kerry is saying a deal will come some where in between. That should further send chills down the spine of any peace loving human being, unless they are loving the peace of Islam. Israel's Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon warned that such a deal would represent "a great danger."
In December 2005, The Daily Jot reported: "So far, the Iranians have out-negotiated and have deceived the world with the help of China and Russia. Rest assured, however, that this is a crisis that has no good end because it signals the beginning of where prophecy and human events mix to form a deadly outcome." Nothing has changed today, except Iran is far closer to having a nuclear weapon thanks to a US "president" and successive Secretary of States who side with Islam. Under the Kerry deal, restrictions on Iran could be lifted in five years. Persia, modern Iran, is cited in Ezekiel 38-39 where nations come against Israel in a colossal end time battle in which "I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel." (Ezekiel 39:7)
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Urgent Prayer Request!
Urgent Prayer Request!
[Reported by NEWSWEEK on Tuesday, Feb. 22.]
Report: ISIS Takes Villagers Hostage in Syria, Demands Prisoner Swap With Kurdish Fighters
Members of the Islamic State (ISIS) stormed the Tell Tamer area in Syria on Monday morning, taking villagers hostage. The women and children were separated from the men, who were taken to the Abd al-Aziz mountains. The women remain in the village guarded by ISIS militants. It is unclear how many hostages the Islamic State took, but estimates are in the several hundreds.
After the separation, one of the hostages contacted a relative in Canada who then got in touch with A Demand For Action (ADFA), an organization that fosters protection for Assyrians, Chaldeans and Syriacs. The ADFA publicized the attack and hostage situation. Nuri Kino, the founder of ADFA, has been in touch with numerous relatives of those held hostage since the attack. "Many of them have relatives in Sweden and Germany," Kino told Newsweek in a phone interview.
Kino and his organization attempted to reach villagers by phone, only to have a member of ISIS pick up. "[ISIS] told us that we should not call any longer since we cannot do anything about their situation," ADFA said in a statement.
The terrorist organization demanded a prisoner exchange with Kurdish fighters; they are seeking the release of ISIS members in exchange for the villagers. The exact number of prisoners ISIS is looking to swap for is not known. They have threatened the lives of the village men, estimated to be more than 100, if the swap does not go through.
It is unclear how many ISIS fighters took part in the attack on the village. Kino said witnesses described the force as "massive" and the atmosphere as "a panic." The villagers are predominantly Christian and jihadist tracking social media accounts indicate the terrorist group burned down a church during the attack. Last week, ISIS fighters in Libya targeted Christians, executing 21 Egyptian Coptics.
The attack occured at 5 a.m. local time (Monday). Since then, Syrian fighters and Kurdish forces have attempted to liberate the town. Kino believes the official Syrian army is also offering assistance.
"It's panicking, but there are a couple of aid administrations who are trying to make their way there to help them as well," he explained. (Read more)
See also: Islamic State in Syria abducts at least 90 from Christian villages - Jerusalem Post
- Abba Father God, we cry out to You today on behalf of those who are being held hostage by ISIS. Lord God, only You can intervene to keep these innocent civilians, and brothers and sisters in Christ, safe from the Sword of ISIS. We join together today in urgent prayer, Abba God, claiming ALL of PSALM 91 on their behalf. We do this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The Lord is known by the judgment He executes; The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands." (Psalm 9:16)
DHS Shutdown on Friday?
DHS funding stalemate means shutdown likely
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is known as the deal-maker on Capitol Hill, but the current logjam over funding the Department of Homeland Security has everyone wondering if he can prevent a shutdown.
Congress returned on Monday with just four days before the deadline to pass legislation to keep DHS open. A stalemate between Republicans and Democrats on Capitol Hill over President Barack Obama's executive actions on immigration has stalled a funding bill for the agency.
Without any serious negotiations or talk of a compromise, it's likely DHS will run out of money at midnight on Friday and the blame game will begin.
Both sides agree Homeland Security shouldn't be interrupted, but the GOP-controlled House passed a measure that funded he agency but also blocked the administration's immigration policies -- something Senate Democrats won't support. (Read more)
- Father God, we do pray that You will bring a way to resolve this dilemma. Nevertheless, we do not stand in fear. If the "wall of protection" provided by man fails us this weekend, we entrust our lives to You to raise up a "firewall of protection" around our nation, so that your own DHS (Department of Heavenly Security) will take over. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. " (Isaiah 41:10)
A Letter to the President
A Letter to the President
> > > This letter was sent to the White House late last week by one of our Prayer Partners in the State of New York. We invite you to join us in agreeing that the President of the United States will indeed receive this message, and will respond accordingly. Thank you.
February 20, 2015
President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20500
Dear President Obama,
The beheadings and burning of people is deplorable. Mr. President as Commander-in-Chief, do your part to secure the United States by naming the enemy. There is an enemy, and we are calling for you to give this enemy a name, publicly. No more beheadings, no more burnings, no more persecutions, there will not be another Holocaust.
You must name your enemy, otherwise we have nothing to go after. Name the enemy; so that we can commit all of our forces to see this enemy's annihilation. Prejudice is named, bigotry is named, lying is named, this needs a name.
Islam will not control this country. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, that is the God who runs this country. He is the God who created this nation. He is the One God who is the Creator of all, and that is the only God we are under.
No nation has given us the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. God Himself gave us these rights, and God has given these rights for every human being in the earth. We stand for the persecuted and we stand with the persecuted.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness - Declaration of Independence.
The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob is the Creator. Mr. President, this letter and others like it will reach your desk imploring you and the entire U.S. Government to name the enemy and stop it.
In the name of Jesus,
Thursday: Collegiate Day of Prayer
Collegiate Day of Prayer
Thursday, Feb. 26, 2016
Dear beloved saints of God,
Please read below about this year's historic Collegiate Day of Prayer from the Collegiate Day of Prayer Team. This Thursday, join others around the nation in praying for spiritual awakening on college campuses nationwide. You may adopt-a-campus (or more than one) to pray for via the collegiatedayofprayer.org website. At last count, around 1/3 of the nation's campuses have been adopted in prayer.
Jesus is Lord.
Jerry and Judy
Breaker of Dawn Ministries
> > > To learn how you can support this year's Collegiate Day of Prayer, please go here.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of February 22 - 28, 2015
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Good News Corner
Jerusalem Mayor Hailed as a Hero after Foiling a Terror Attack [VIDEO]
"The mayor and I jumped on him and wrestled him to the ground. In our world, there's no such thing as hesitation-there's only yes or no."
(Jerusalem, Israel)-Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat is being hailed a hero after taking down a Palestinian terrorist in the midst of a stabbing attack outside the Old City of Jerusalem.
The attack, which occurred Sunday evening, took place near City Hall. The terrorist, who was identified as an 18-year-old Palestinian residing illegally in Israel, attacked an ultra-Orthodox man in his 20s.
The victim, Avraham Goldstein, was walking in Tzahal Square when the terrorist attacked him. Goldstein was able to scatter nearby pedestrians by yelling he was being attacked and was able to keep the attacker at bay with his phylactery bag. He was moderately wounded in the attack.
As the attack was taking place, Nir Barkat and his security team happened to be passing by. Security footage shows Barkat (white shirt) wrestling the terrorist to the ground and then handing him over to his security team. Barkat is then seen rushing to the side of the victim.
Barkat told Israeli media that he was on his way to his office for a meeting when he saw the attack unfold. "We saw a terrorist with a knife standing and looking for the next thing to do," he said.
When asked whether he considered the terrorist might injure him, Barkat responded that he had acted "instinctively."
Asaf Na'amani, Barkat's bodyguard who also helped subdue the terrorist, recalled: "From the moment we jumped out of the car, I noticed a terrorist armed with knife trying to cross the street. I told him to drop the knife; he froze in place and then dropped it. The mayor and I jumped on him and wrestled him to the ground. In our world, there's no such thing as hesitation-there's only yes or no."
To watch the video of the take down, and read more, click here.
[Also reported by Breaking Christian News. Go here.
Signs and Wonders
Space telescopes uncover supermassive black hole winds
Supermassive black holes are titanic oddities. Usually sited at the core of galaxies and various high-energy phenomena such as quasars, their mass can be anywhere from that of a hundred thousand to billions of suns. Now observations from NASA and ESA space telescopes are shedding light on the incredibly powerful cosmic winds they produce, which can have more energy than an entire galaxy.
. . . The key to understanding these winds are the tremendous X-rays that the black holes produce as the gases that encounter them blast away at relativistic speeds. Observing these X-rays has allowed astronomers to build up a picture of the winds.
The key finding is that these winds blow away in all directions from the supermassive black holes, instead of tight beams. This was detected by observations carried out by NASA's Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array (NuSTAR), which observes high energy X-rays, and ESA's XMM-Newton telescope, which looks at low energy X-rays. (NASA) Read more.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Who Am I" - Casting Crowns
Worship our Lord in the Beauty of His Majesty . . .
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!