Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, Februray 3, 2015
". . . the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters
cover the sea." (Isaiah 11:9)
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:11)
The Daily Brief
1. 1,000 Criminal Aliens Convicted of New Crimes After ICE Released Them in FY 2013 - CNSNews.com
When President Obama announced his expanded executive amnesty last November, he said he would prioritize the deportation people who threaten national security and public safety. "Felons, not families -- criminals, not children" would be deported, Obama said on Nov. 20. But under Obama's prosecutorial discretion policy, illegal aliens who commit lesser crimes are allowed to stay in the country -- free to re-offend, as it turns out.
According to the Homeland Security Department (DHS), 36,007 criminal aliens were released from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) custody in Fiscal Year 2013, and of that total, 1,000 have since been convicted of new crimes, ranging from assault with a deadly weapon and lewd acts with a child to aggravated assault, robbery, and hit-and-run. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) announced on Friday that he has received a 38-page document from DHS listing the crimes committed by the one-thousand re-offenders released from ICE custody in FY 2013.(Read more)
- Precious Lord, we are horrified by this report of the consequences of our officials not following the law of the land. We first of all pray for protection for the public from the crimes committed by these released felons. We then pray that they will either be removed from our country or will be converted and change their lives of crime. Lord, send workers into the harvest who can communicate safely with them.
- "'For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.'" (Hebrews 8:12)
2. Obama: Executive Amnesty Still 'Lawful Thing' to Do - CNSNews.com
Touting his $3.99 trillion FY2015 budget plan before members of the Department of Homeland Security on Monday, President Obama again asserted his executive actions to bypass Congress and grant temporary amnesty to more than 5 million illegal aliens was the "lawful thing" to do.
"I'm confident that what we're doing is the right thing, and the lawful thing," Obama said, speaking of his executive actions in November that granted deferred deportation to millions of illegal aliens currently living in the United States, preventing them from being removed from the country while also granting them the right to work in America despite their lack of legal status. (Read more)
- Father, when good is called evil, and evil is call good, what can the righteous do? But, we have a firm foundation in You. We bind up a spirit of lawlessness in the name of Jesus and decree and declare that where leaders have taken unconstitutional liberties, that those actions will brought to an end by You.
- "When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away, but the godly have a lasting foundation." (Proverbs 10:25)
3. McCain on Illegals' 'Right' to Work: 'They Should Not Be in this Country Illegally' - CNSNews.com
When asked if he agreed with Attorney General-nominee Loretta Lynch's statement that illegal aliens have "the right" to work in the United States, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) responded that they should not even be in the country.
At a confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee last Wednesday, Jan. 28, Lynch said "that the right and the obligation to work is one that's shared by everyone in this country regardless of how they came here," and added that, "regardless of status, I would prefer that they be participating in the workplace than not participating in the workplace." (Read more)
- Thank You, Father, for a Senator who will stand on the law and not on political correctness. We pray that our laws will first of all be obeyed before the issue of work is raised. We pray that our Senate will have the courage and strength to stand against any nominee that desires to act unlawfully and unconstitutionally. Bless You, Father, for hearing our prayer.
- "I also noticed that under the sun there is evil in the courtroom. Yes, even the courts of law are corrupt." (Ecclesiastes 3:16)
4. President Obama to Attend Prayer Breakfast With Dalai Lama Risking China's Wrath - The Christian Post
President Barack Obama is scheduled to attend the annual National Prayer Breakfast with the Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama in Washington next week, a move that is expected to anger China.
Obama will speak about religious freedom at the annual National Prayer Breakfast, which will also be attended by the Dalai Lama, on Thursday, according to Reuters. The Dalai Lama, who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989, epitomizes Tibet's struggle for independence.
"As he has done in the past, the President will see many religious leaders at the event, but we don't have any specific meeting with the Dalai Lama to announce," White House spokeswoman Bernadette Meehan was quoted as saying. (Read more)
- Lord, often what man calls good, You call evil. In this instance, men are calling for "religious tolerance" but You, Abba, call for a Sword to be unleashed against the false, releasing the true. We ask for Your Hand of protection to rest upon all who will be in attendance at this event this week, keeping each one safe from harm in mind, body and soul. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "You shall have no other gods before Me." (Exodus 20:3)
5. VIDEO: Brave Woman Hijacks Microphone, Denounces Islam at Pro-Muslim Rally in Texas - LibertyNews.com
During the 11th Annual Texas Muslim Capitol Day celebration in Austin, Texas, a woman disgusted with Islam hijacked the Muslims' microphone and went into a brief rant denouncing the "false prophet Muhammad." You've gotta hand it to this brave woman. After all, Muslims are known to kill everyone that dares disagree with them so for her to just walk up to the podium and denounce Islam like that . . . well, it was pretty bold of her, for sure. The unidentified woman grabbed the mic and yelled out condemning the "False prophet Muhammed!" And went on saying, "Islam will never dominate America!" (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You for this courageous woman who has spoken up against the false god of Islam that was being honored in the public square in Austin that day. We also rejoice that she was well received by many others in the audience who joined her in denouncing the false god of Islam. We ask that You grace many other American citizens with the same spirit of wisdom, boldness and courage and to confront Islam head-on when it is appropriate to do so. Abba, help us to draw a line in the sand. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." (John 14:14)
6. Mitt Romney will not run in 2016 election - BBC
Mitt Romney, the Republican beaten by President Obama in the US 2012 election, has decided he will not run for president again. Mr Romney, 67, said he had decided it was "best to give other leaders in the party the opportunity to become our next nominee". (Read more)
- Lord God, we lift up prayers even now, almost two years in advance, for the presidential election in November, 2016. We ask that, in the end, as this political process once again unfolds before us, the names that will appear on the final ballot on Election Day, will be only those of Your choosing. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Ask, and ye shall receive . . ." (Matthew 7:7)
7. Greece's Varoufakis: 'No debt talks with EU-IMF troika' - BBC
Greece's new left-wing finance minister says his government will not negotiate over the Greek bailout conditions with the "troika" team from the EU and IMF. Yanis Varoufakis said he was rather seeking direct talks with eurozone leaders, to try to cancel more than half the money Greece owes. (Read more)
- Father God, we lift up the nation of Greece before Your Throne of Grace, and we thank You that You are looking over this nation with Your heart of love and compassion. We ask that, in this time of political and economic transition, the leaders of Greece would turn their hearts unto You for wisdom, guidance and direction. We repent for the spirit of secular humanism that has its roots in ancient Greece, and we ask that the wind of Your Spirit would blow across this land, bringing many to You now. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- In the place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' they will be called 'children of the living God.' (Hosea 1:10)
8. IS chemical weapons expert killed, says US military - BBC
A chemical weapons expert with the Islamic State (IS) militant group in Iraq has been killed in a coalition airstrike, the US military has said. Abu Malik's training provided IS with "expertise to pursue a chemical weapons capability", a statement said. (Read more)
- Lord, we do not rejoice at the death of any, but we thank You that this threat has been removed from the IS movement. Only You can judge a soul, so we leave the matter of Abu Malik's eternal resting place in Your hands. Thank You, Lord, for Your mercy upon us, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- " . . . what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?" (Job 27:8)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Head of UN Gaza inquiry quits, cites Israel's bias claims -Times of Israel
The head of the United Nations inquiry into the 2014 Gaza conflict between Israel and Hamas announced on Monday that he was stepping down.
Canadian international law professor William Schabas sent a letter to the UN commission, citing Israeli allegations of bias over consulting work he did for the Palestine Liberation Organization, Reuters reported. (Read more)
2. After Schabas, Watchdog Demands UN Probe Itself - Israel National News
The appointment and resignation of William Schabas from the UN Human Rights Council's Commission of Inquiry on the 2014 Gaza Conflict is a symptom of corruption and immorality in the United Nations and other platforms for anti-Israel demonization, warned Jerusalem-based research institute NGO Monitor Tuesday.
The United Nations should suspend its investigation into Israel and immediately investigate the disturbing revelations of its own incompetence and bias, it added. (Read more)
3. Jordan reinstating envoy after recall over Temple Mount tensions -Times of Israel
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan announced on Monday that its ambassador to Israel would return to his post in Tel Aviv, three months after he was recalled over "violations" at Jerusalem's Temple Mount. "We have asked Ambassador Walid Obeidat to return to Tel Aviv," government spokesman Mohammad al-Momani told AFP. Jordan recalled Obeidat on November 5 after police clashed with stone-throwing Palestinians inside the flashpoint site, also known as the Al-Aqsa mosque compound, with Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh describing Israeli actions as "violations" and "way beyond the limits." (Read more)
4. Hamas 'War Crimes Camp' Graduates Trains 17,000 Teens for Terror - Jewish Press
"The Hamas version of the Boy Scouts dresses the children in military uniforms, preaches sermons of hate against Israel and for the "love of death," and teaches skills they will need to lead them there, such as using assault weapons. The United Nations Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the Involvement of Children in Armed Conflict (OPAC) specifically prohibits soldiers under the age of 18. (Read more)
> > > See also: Gaza Youths Encouraged to Attack Israelis at Hamas Camp Go here.
- Abba, we pray for these young cadets. Father, their minds are filled with hate and lies from an early age. Lord we ask that You would break through the darkness to reveal truth to them. Your light is brighter than any darkness. Father God, we pray for the hearts of these youth that they see You and turn from their ways. Father, that You would provide a safe way out for them. We pray that their hearts be changed and they come to know You. We pray in the holy name of Yeshuah, amen.
- "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'" (Matthew 19:26)
5. Iranian Official Threatens to Respond to 'Israeli Aggression' - Israel National News
A senior Iranian official threatened Israel with retaliation over an airstrike in the Syrian Golan Heights in which an Iranian officer, General Mohammad Ali Allahdadi, was killed along with members of the Hezbollah terrorist group. Alaeddin Boroujerdi, the head of the Iranian parliament's Foreign Policy and National Security Committee, told Hezbollah's Al-Manar television that Iran "has the right to respond to the Israeli aerial aggression". The interview aired following reports that Israel had sent Iran, through Russia, a message that it did not intend to further aggravate the situation, but Boroujerdi denied such a message was received by his country.
The remarks were echoed by the Iranian Foreign Ministry on Monday. "The Islamic Republic has received no official or unofficial message from the illegitimate Zionist regime," ministry spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham Afkham said, according to the Tehran Times. She added, "[Just] in a meeting with [the Iranian] deputy foreign minister for Arab and African affairs, the United Nations secretary general's envoy to Lebanon asked Iran's assistance in establishing a truce in Southern Lebanon." (Read more)
6. Canada's foreign minister, a friend of Israel, to step down - Times of Israel
TORONTO - Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird will be announcing his resignation from the Cabinet on Tuesday, a senior government official said. The official who is close to the minister said late Monday that Baird simply felt it was the right time to move on after a successful career in both the Ontario provincial legislature and federal parliament. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak ahead of Tuesday's announcement.
Baird, 45, is one of Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper's most trusted and loyal cabinet ministers. He previously served in Harper's cabinet as house leader, environment minister, transport minister and treasury board president. He has a reputation for being partisan. He often escorted Harper's wife, Laureen, to official events when Harper couldn't attend. A statement from Baird's office said he planned to make an announcement in Parliament on Tuesday morning, but did not disclose any details. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we thank You for Mr. John Baird. We hate to see a friend of Israel leaving office, but we ask You to bless him in his next and future endeavors. Father, we pray that Mr. Baird will still have a positive influence in the world, in any future capacity, for the support of Israel. Father, we don't know the details of his decision, but we pray to You that every detail be of his own free will and that there may be no one forcing this. If there are any motives behind this from forces of darkness, Father, we ask that You reveal them. We pray for Your divine protection over Mr. Baird and his family and that You hold them in Your hands. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
7. Insight for Israel - Special Edition
To read today's report, please go here.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of February 1 - 7, 2015
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Good News Corner
Egypt Business Body Hails Decision to Import Israeli Natural Gas
Egypt's leading business organization has praised Cairo's plans to import natural gas from Israel, saying that doing so will "yield many benefits."
In another sign of the burgeoning security and commercial ties between the two countries since Abdel Fattah el Sisi became president of Egypt in 2014, the Federation of Egyptian Industries (FEI) said that that the deal with Israel would reduce import costs by relying on pipelines already installed by East Mediterranean Gas (EMG), the company that had supervised Egyptian gas exports to Israel before they were halted following the 2011 uprising that led to a Muslim Brotherhood government.
The government's decision to take "serious steps in considering natural gas imports from foreign companies that won exploration rights in Israeli fields will yield many benefits," said Tamer Abu Bakr, head of the FEI's energy committee. (The Algemeiner) Read more.
- Father, we praise Your name that Egypt is working with Israel. We have seen Egyptian leaders stand with Israel and we pray that they continue to do so. Father, we ask that You protect the president Abdel Fattah el Sisi from any harm that others may try to plan against him. We pray that he may always be a true friend to Israel. We ask that you prosper him and his country, Father God, for you said that those who bless Israel You will bless too. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
- "I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." (Genesis 12:3)
Signs and Wonders
Giant planet boasts rings 200 times bigger than Saturn's
In 2012, scientists discovered a giant exoplanet (one that orbits a star other than our sun) with a ring system so impressive it eclipses its own host star.
Now, thanks to a recent eclipse where planet J1407b lined up in front of host star J1407, scientists at the University of Rochester analyzed the way the light signal changed and got a clearer picture of J1407b's ring system.
Their findings: It's roughly 200 times as large as the rings around Saturn, each of its more than 30 rings are tens of millions of miles wide, and there are gaps between the concentric rings that suggest the presence of exomoons similar to Saturn's "shepherd" moons.
The planet's mass is 10 to 40 times greater than Saturn's. "You could think of it as kind of a super Saturn," one researcher said. "The details that we see in the light curve are incredible," added another.
"The eclipse lasted for several weeks, but you see rapid changes on time scales of tens of minutes as a result of fine structures in the rings." This is the first evidence to support the long-held theory that moons can form from a planet's circling debris, reports Discovery. (Fox News) Read more
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Tom Graves (GA)
Rep. Rob Wittman (VA)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Song of the Beautiful Bride
- Paul Wilbur
Oh what a beautiful bride . . .
[Go here . . .]
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!