Happy Birthday today to:
Senate Majority Leader, Mitch McConnell.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, February 20, 2015
"Therefore behold, I am going to make them know-
This time I will make them know
My power and My might;
And they shall know that My name is the Lord."
The Daily Brief
1. Russia and Iran Sign Deal to Expand Military Cooperation - Times of Israel
Russia and Iran have signed an agreement to expand their military ties and resolve a long-standing dispute over the sale of a controversial air defense system to the Islamic Republic, the Times of Israel reported. (Read more)
- Lord of the nations, we come to You with this very sensitive situation of agreement between Israel's "arch enemies" to "cooperate" militarily. We can't help but wonder if this will lead to the Ezekiel 38 war looming in the not too distant future. We rejoice in the knowledge that our times are in Your hands, and You do all things well. We ask that You move these nations, like chess pieces, in carrying out Your desires and in Your time. We thank You that You set kings up, and You take them down, according to Your desire for Your people's sake. Save and protect Your people, O Lord, we pray, and bring glory to Yourself as a result. Amen.
- "But I will for their sake remember the covenant with their forefathers, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God. I am the Lord." (Leviticus 26:45)
2. Netanyahu on collision course with White House over Iran - Huffington Post
For someone who was educated in the United States, speaks fluent American-accented English and worked as a management consultant in Boston, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sure knows how to rub his closest ally up the wrong way. (Read more)
- O Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, we come to You to remind You of Your steadfast Covenant with Your people, Israel. We thank You for Prime Minister Netanyahu, and ask that Your favor and protection rest upon him, as he tackles these surrounding enemy nations, who wish to do him harm. We ask for Your supernatural wisdom to rest upon him. We thank You for His God-given courage to do the right thing, even at the expense of irritating those who are trying to subvert him and his political office. We ask all this in Your Name, Amen.
- "The Spirit of the Lord will rest upon that king. The Spirit will give him wisdom and understanding, guidance and power. The Spirit will teach him to know and respect the Lord. This king will be glad to obey the Lord. He will not judge by the way things look or decide by what he hears. But he will judge the poor honestly; he will be fair in his decisions for the poor people of the land. Goodness and fairness will give him strength, like a belt around his waist." (Isaiah 11:1-5)
3. Jobs for Jihadists - Canada Free Press
Marxists and radical Muslims go together like camels and deserts. They're now the nightmarish frick and frack of the 21st century. With the shock of YouTubes still going the rounds showing the ISIS beheading of 21 Coptic Christians on a beach in Libya, Barack Obama is taking the Muslim Brotherhood under his protective wing; these poor wretches only need to be given jobs and be shown tolerance by citizens who just don't understand their righteous grievances. (Read more)
- Lord, You, Yourself said in Your Word "the poor you will always have with you", and we know that is true . . . but, we do not see them beheading others for food! How absurd can these liberal officials be to think that all problems can be solved with a meal or a job? These "jihadists" have a job . . . killing non-believers, who do not accept their twisted way of thinking, or their religion. Lord, we cry out for sanity for these people. We thank You that You are the judge of all the earth. Bring order out of chaos, we pray, Amen.
- "For thus says ADONAI, Who created the heavens, God, Who shaped and made the earth, Who established and created it not to be chaos, but formed it to be lived in: I Am ADONAI; there is no other." (Isaiah 45:18)
4. Obama: 'Islam Has Been Woven Into the Fabric of Our Country Since Its Founding' - CNS
We hear a lot about the United States' Judeo-Christian heritage, but according to President Obama, "Islam has been woven into the fabric of our country since its founding." That's what the president told a White House conference on "countering violent extremism" on Wednesday. (Read more)
- Abba, we do not know what planet our President was born on, but this country of the United States of America, which You founded on Your principles, does not seem to have "Islam" mentioned anywhere in this Land upon its founding. We are grateful for our Founding Fathers, almost all of whom swore allegiance to You and Your Word, and followed Your principles throughout their lives. Lord, we do ask that You would be so gracious as to give our president a U.S. History lesson, and also a love for this country, that he is so blessed to live in. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "For it is we who have trusted, who enter the rest. It is just as He said,"And in My anger, I swore that they would not enter My rest." He swore this even though His works have been in existence since the founding of the universe. For there is a place where it is said, concerning the seventh day,"And God rested on the seventh day from all His works." (Hebrews 4:3,4)
5. US to Allow Sales of Military Drones to Allies - AP
The Obama administration unveiled a new policy Tuesday allowing foreign allies to buy military drones as part of its global counter terrorism fight. The State Department said that although the new export policy would facilitate sales of armed drones, any sales would be made through the government-to-government foreign military sales program. Each country eager to buy U.S. drone technology would also be required to agree to "end-use monitoring" and other security conditions. (Read more)
- Father, we come to You asking that You will give wisdom to those making these decisions regarding the use of these drones. We ask that they be used for good, and not for evil. We ask that You give us the military, and technically secure "know-how" to facilitate the sale of these drones: to whom they be sold, for what purpose, and the safe disposal of them, as well as storage and security. We ask all of this, in Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Riches gotten by doing wrong have no value, but right living will save you from death. The Lord does not let good people go hungry, but He keeps evil people from getting what they want." (Proverbs 10:2,3)
6. Showing our hand? US military official outlines plan to retake Iraqi city of Mosul - Fox News
A U.S. military official on Thursday outlined plans to retake the vital Iraq city of Mosul from Islamic State terrorists as early as April -- an unusual move that swiftly drew criticism that the Pentagon was revealing too much information to the enemy.
A current and former military intelligence officer . . . told Fox News that the decision to publicly announce the plan was counterintuitive because it "telegraphs" the timing and number of units involved. The officers said it would allow Islamic State, also known as ISIS, or ISIL, to prepare for the battle by laying improvised explosive devices. (Read more)
- Father God, we are not military experts, but we do know foolishness when we see it. The last thing we ever would want to do would be to reveal our plans to an enemy who is bent on destroying us. We repent for this act of foolishness and we ask that these plans be changed before they are due to come forth later this spring. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The foolishness of man ruins his way, And his heart rages against the Lord." (Proverbs 19:3)
7. Mid-Atlantic temperature records set during the late-1800s could be broken - Accuweather.com
Mllions will shiver from Chicago to New York City as record lows are challenged during this bitter blast. Records may also fall across parts of the South where temperatures manage to fall into the teens and single digits.
Some southern cities forecast to dip into the teens or lower include Birmingham, Alabama; Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbia, South Carolina; Nashville and Atlanta.
Floridians will even experience a taste of the arctic chill with temperatures dipping down to the lower 30s in cities such as Orlando, Melbourne and Daytona Beach.
The worst of the cold is expected to focus over the East for Thursday into Friday. In the mid-Atlantic, some daily record lows set during the late-1800s will be challenged.
- Lord God, we ask for Your hand of mercy to rest upon our people in this relentless, frigid weather. May all be kept safe and sound until this weather pattern lifts. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:14)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Hamas Accuses Tony Blair of Imposing 'Preconditions' -Israel National News
Days after Quartet envoy Tony Blair demanded that Hamas clarify whether it's an Islamist group or if it is interested in peace, a senior Hamas official on Wednesday accused Blair of imposing "a new set of preconditions before Gaza could be rebuilt."
Blair, who visited Gaza on Sunday, called on Hamas to clarify whether it is part of a "broader Islamist movement with regional designs" or if it would accept a long-term peace alongside Israel.
In a statement posted on Facebook and quoted by the Ma'an news agency, Deputy Hamas leader Mousa Abu Marzouk said that Blair's remarks were completely different from what he used to propose when he served as British prime minister.
2. On Eve of Synagogue Attack in Denmark, Copenhagen Imam Incited Against Jews -Algemeiner
During a Friday, February 13 sermon - one day before the weekend's terror attacks in Copenhagen - Hajj Saeed, the Imam of the Al-Faruq Mosque in the city, rejected interfaith dialogue with Jews, watchdog MEMRI TV reported, publishing footage of the lecture. From his pulpit, Saeed called interfaith dialogue a "malignant idea," and claimed that, "the people responsible for interfaith dialogue want to make all religions equal. [By doing so] they want to equate Truth with Falsehood. Between heresy and deception, between the religion of the Prophet Muhammad and man-made laws, legislated by these criminals in order to rule the world."
3. Palestinians lay cornerstone for rebuilding Gaza high-rise- YNET News
GAZA CITY - Palestinian officials laid the cornerstone on Wednesday for the rebuilding of a Gaza residential high-rise flattened in last summer's war between the Islamic militant group Hamas and Israel.
The ceremony by Gaza's public works minister was a symbolic move to boost the spirits of the nearly 500 residents of Zafer 4 Tower, which was hit by two bombs from the air during fighting in August.
The high-rise was evacuated after Israeli warnings and before it was destroyed. One of the residents, 32-year-old Ahmed Tanira, said he left the building with his wife, two children, mother and aunt at the time, thinking that the Israelis may hit a specific apartment - not topple the entire, 11-story building.
4. Stanford University student senate passes Israel divestment measure in re-vote-JNS
(JNS.org) The student senate at Stanford University passed an Israel divestment resolution on Tuesday, 10-4 with one abstention, in a re-vote on a measure that had been defeated last week.
The resolution, put forward by the student group Stanford Out Of Occupied Palestine, calls for the university trustees to divest from companies that "violate international humanitarian law by: maintaining illegal infrastructure of the Israeli occupation. . . facilitating Israel and Egypt's collective punishment of Palestinian civilians. . . [and] facilitating state repression against Palestinians by Israeli, Egyptian or Palestinian Authority security forces."
One Feb. 11, the Stanford student senate struck down the resolution in a highly contentious debate that was attended by more than 400 students. At the time, the measure narrowly failed to gain the necessary two-thirds support it needed to pass. The motion to re-vote was initiated by student senate chairperson Ana Ordonez, who said she was unable to focus during the first vote because much of her energy was spent maintaining the highly contentious atmosphere.
5. Israel to ease business restrictions on Gaza Strip -Times of Israel
Israel announced new steps to bring relief to Gaza Strip residents and promote the rehabilitation of areas devastated during last year's war with Hamas, the Islamic terror group that rules the territory.
The Israeli military said Tuesday it is increasing the number of permits issued to Gaza merchants which allow them to enter the West Bank and Israel for business. It said it would also allow an increase in the export of textiles and furniture.
6. Italy Postpones Vote on Recognition of 'Palestine' - Israel National News
The Italian parliament was set on Thursday to vote on a non-binding bill calling for the recognition of a Palestinian state, but postponed the vote reportedly under pressure from Israel, reports i24news. The motion is understood to be similar to the one put forth in other European countries in recent months.
The Italian version of the bill was proposed by MPs from the Left Ecology Freedom Party and the Socialist Party and it is also expected to be backed by Prime Minister Matteo Renzi's Democratic Party, according to i24news.
The bill urges such recognition as a step towards restarting negotiations between Israel and the Palestinian Authority.
7. On the frontline with Gaza, fence menders face nightly peril - Times of Israel
The commander of a patrol, heading toward a section of Gaza border fence near Shejaiya, looked about half a decade away from his first shave. A Nahal Brigade sergeant, he discussed the order of travel in the convoy, the number of vehicles and the different radio frequencies in the region.
He enforced the use of helmets and ceramic bullet proof vests. He had each person print his or her name and ID number on a sheet of paper, presumably to be checked against a body should the need arise, and finally led our small party northwest from Nahal Oz toward the fence.
His squad consisted of combat soldiers, but they were only playing a supporting role. "If things go bad, we'll take care of it," said Sgt. First Class Reuven Tautang, a career soldier who, in the line of service, has been targeted by rocks, mines and anti-tank missiles, and been struck in the arm and chest by sniper fire.
8. Roads to Jerusalem reopen after 10 inches of snow fall overnight - Times of Israel
Police reopened the highways leading into Jerusalem Friday afternoon after a heavy snowfall the previous night forced road closures and the shutdown of public transportation in the capital.
As much as 10 inches (25 centimeters) of snow fell on Jerusalem overnight, and though snowplows were clearing roads in the city, authorities urged residents to refrain from unnecessary travel on the slippery streets. According to Ynet, areas of the Galilee and Golan Heights received over 1 foot (30 cm) of snow.
Heavy snow began falling and accumulating in Jerusalem overnight, changing over from frozen rain late Thursday night. (Read more)
The Daily Jot
Islam not to blame for terrorism-- president
These are the words of the president in his speech closing out the Summit on Countering Violent Extremism: "[W]e have to confront the warped ideologies espoused by terrorists like al Qaeda and ISIL, especially their attempt to use Islam to justify their violence. I discussed this at length yesterday. These terrorists are desperate for legitimacy. And all of us have a responsibility to refute the notion that groups like ISIL somehow represent Islam, because that is a falsehood that embraces the terrorist narrative." The facts are, and the president must know this as he grew up with the Koran, that what al Qaeda and the Islamic State are doing are directives of the prophet Mohammad.
If al Qaeda and the Islamic State are wrongly using Islam to justify their brutality and terrorism, then Mohammad is a false prophet--his writings and commandments in the name of allah are false. Mohammad's Koran orders Muslims to rape, torture, behead, burn and dismember those who do not follow his teachings or accept Islam. These writings are not for specific people at a specific time. They are general commandments for all infidels and all of those who will not submit to his teachings. IS, the Muslim Brotherhood, al Qaeda, Taliban, Hamas, Hezbollah, etc., are a continuation of violence conducted in the name of allah in the 1400 years since Mohammad. History proves these are accurate representatives of Islam.
Need more proof? Here are a few verses from the Koran. They are not taken out of context: Sura 9:5 "...slay the infidels wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush." Sura 8:12 says, "Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes." Sura 4:55 says, "Lo! Those who disbelieve Our revelations, We shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment. Lo! Allah is ever Mighty, Wise." These are just three of many.
To say that these terrorist groups are not representative of Islam is a bold faced lie. These evil people are carrying out the same things they have been doing since Ishmael, who an angel of the Lord prophesied in Genesis 16:11-12, "Behold, thou art with child, and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Ishmael...And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren." It is impossible to live in peace with this lineage and these people, for they are the very same who are named as coming against Israel when Christ returns. The president seems to be saying "peace, peace, when there is no peace."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
About Common Core
4 Voices Crying Out Warning on Common Core
Friends, this is real news. The media is not telling the truth or not covering the subjects at all. If you are a pastor, teacher or parent and have children or grandchildren, in public or private school they will all be affected. The first three people will take 15 minutes, total, to get their messages. If you have to skip food or sleep, don't miss one minute of Dr. Pesta's presentation. It is a full explanation of how we got Common Core, actual content and where it is planned to take us, if we don't stop it. (24 states out of 45 that initially signed up are working toward removing it or have started the process.) Please share this.
1. Chinese-American Mom Says Common Core Is Just Like Education in Communist China
Lily Tang Williams, a mother of three, testified before the Colorado State Board of Education that Common Core was similar to the education she received growing up in Mao's Communist China. (Read her article here.)
2. Teacher of the Year quits due to Common Core
"Honored as the "Top Teacher" by ABC's "Live with Kelly and Michael" show, Stacie Starr was speaking at an education forum earlier this week when she dropped a bombshell. (Read more)
3. NY Teacher calls Common Core testing child abuse
10 minutes - do not miss this!
(Go here to view this video)
4. Brilliant anti-Common Core Speech by Dr. Duke Pesta (University English Professor)
Common Core represents the latest and most comprehensive step in the drive toward complete government control of our children's education. Join us for a special presentation exposing the truth about Common Core and the ongoing struggle to roll back its implementation. He deals with every objection I've heard.
He mentions the KS father and daughter from Shawnee, KS as an example of what is happening. (Go here)
News from Yemen
"IRAN QUIETLY ADVANCES"
"Then your mighty men will be dismayed, O Teman, so that everyone may be cut off from the mountain of Esau by slaughter" (Obadiah 9).
Yemen is the 'heel' of the fat boot which comprises the Arabian Peninsula. Early last year, having, as was thought, successfully transitioned from autocracy to an elected president, this second-largest nation on the Peninsula was being seen by American officials as a model of post-revolutionary Arab states ("At Risk of Fragmenting, Yemen Poses Dangers to U.S.: The New York Times, 21 Jan 2015). Yet, on October 17th, The Times of Israel bore the following ominous headline, "While the world watches IS ["Islamic State"], Iran quietly advances". The article focused upon the way in which the Houthi, Zaidi Shi'a sect in Yemen was, with the support of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards and its al-Quds Brigades, rapidly gaining ground in that country: "While the American (and Israeli) media focuses almost obsessively on the maps of IS's takeover, 'moderate' Iran is succeeding with a little less noise to gain control over even larger chunks of territory: Lebanon, parts of Syria and Iraq, and now Yemen" ("While the world watches IS, Iran quietly advances": The Times of Israel, 17 Oct 2014; 1:43 pm).
The article in the Times has proven prophetic, and now the 'model' has come crashing down. . . .
(Excerpt. To read all of this EXCELLENT article,please go here.
- God's mercies on Yemen (Teman).that the powers focused upon that land with evil intent against God and His covenant nation and people would not be allowed to go beyond the boundaries God has presently ordained for them. That YHVH Nissi (the LORD MY BANNER) will arise and conquer the Amalekite spirit currently gaining dominance there.
- Ezekiel 20:46-48 (Hebrew) and Amos 1:12 speak of God "kindling a fire" in Teman (in Edom). It was a fire of judgment, but which would result in the inhabitants becoming aware that YHVH (the LORD) had kindled it. Pray that the fire of God would be ignited in Yemen-devouring that which is set against His ways-and freeing the inhabitants to know that the LORD, Elohei-Israel, is the Most High God of all the earth.and loves them.
- Jeremiah 49:7 implies that ancient Teman once had a reputation as a place of wisdom, "Is there no longer any wisdom in Teman? Has good counsel been lost to the prudent? Has their wisdom decayed?" (The chief 'comforter' in the "wisdom book" of Job-Eliphaz, was a Temanite). Pray that wisdom would return to Teman (Yemen). Pray God's Kingdom COME! there - that His redemptive purposes for that corner of the Arabian Peninsula would awaken and come forth.
- God's protection over the several hundred Jews still living in Yemen (some 50,000 emigrated to Israel from that country during the mid-20th century). That they will find opportunity to return to the Land of their Fathers.
Martin & Norma Sarvis
Prayer Update From Israel (February 16, 2015)
Urgent Intercession Asked for Franklin Graham
Urgent Intercession Asked for Franklin Graham
The enemy would like nothing more than to silence this mouthpiece for God who is confronting and pushing back darkness in our generation.
Billy Graham was a pastor to presidents and certainly addressed the moral slide in America as far back as the 1950s, but Franklin Graham seems to be wearing his dad's mantle on steroids.
The once prodigal son is not shrinking back from hot button cultural and political issues... Why is Graham so bold? Because he sees an Islamic storm coming against America [and]... he has strong discernment and enough boldness to go toe-to-toe with the principalities and powers that have targeted Christians for destruction.
"For Muslims, peace comes only through submission to Islam. When they speak of peace, they mean submission to their religion," Graham says. "Worldwide, tens of thousands of men, women and children have been slaughtered in the name of Allah, under the bloody flag of Islam."
Graham made it clear... that followers of a peaceful religion do not cut off the heads of innocent people in the barbaric fashion the world has watched recently [and] that believers in a peaceful religion do not kidnap 300 young schoolgirls as Boko Haram did in northeastern Nigeria in April and reportedly sell them to men to be sex slaves.
Men who practice a peaceful religion [he continued] do not detonate bombs on an American street during a marathon race to kill and maim innocent people. He said no one who belongs to a peaceful religion would even consider hijacking jet airliners and flying them into buildings occupied by thousands of innocent people beginning their workday, as happened in this country and in this city on 9/11.
Speaking to President Obama, he said, "Mr. President-no peaceful religion would tolerate, let alone practice, female circumcision, require a woman to have her husband's permission to leave her home and take up employment and restrict her ability to receive justice in the case of sex crimes. Mr. President-a peaceful religion would not condone and allow a father to drown a daughter in a swimming pool in front of the family in the name of family honor because she might have stayed out late in the evening with her boyfriend. Mr. President-why haven't the 3.5 million Muslims in North America rejected this gross, barbaric and despicable behavior by their fellow Muslims on American soil?"
IHOPKC's Mike Bickle last month called for Believers to support and pray for Graham as he has "boldly yet tenderly taken a Biblical stance in warning America in relation to Islam, gay marriage and several other important subjects."
I'm making an even more fervent call for intercessors to rise up and pray for Graham day and night. The enemy would like nothing more than to silence this mouthpiece for God who is confronting and pushing back darkness in our generation. Likewise, those who subscribe to anti-Christ agendas are raging against his voice. Saints, let's make it a priority to lift up Graham in prayer, wage spiritual warfare against the attacks on his life and bless his ministry. Amen?
(Charisma News) To read the full article, please go here.
(Breaking Christian News) Go here.
Christians in Egypt Ask for Prayers
Christians in Egypt Ask for Prayers
21 Copts Dead: Prayer Needed for Christians in Egypt Most people around the world have heard the tragic news this week. Jubilee hereby highlights the fact that the men repeated the words, "Lord Jesus Christ," in their last moments before being beheaded. The video is grizzly and not recommended to watch for many reasons. However, the heroism of these Coptic believers in repeating the name of their Savior should remind us all of our own need for our Savior, particularly during this season of lent and reflection. The latest video released by the Islamic State showed footage of militants beheading 21 Coptic Egyptians in Libya. According to the Middle East Concern, the Copts had been kidnapped in two separate incidents. Seven of the Copts were abducted from a minibus transporting Egyptians. All passengers were required to step out of the bus, the Muslims and Christians were separated, the Muslims were permitted on their way, whilst the Christians were held. Another thirteen were abducted during a raid that militants performed on apartments rented by Coptic Christians. The abduction of the additional Christian is not known. Clearly, all were targeted for their faith.
The 21 Copts were from villages from the central Samalut region in northern Minya in Egypt. Witnesses reported that the villages where the Copts were from were struck with overwhelming grief as they discovered the news.
Christians in Egypt request our prayers that:
a. The families of those murdered will know the peace, presence and comfort of Jesus in these difficult times, and God's provision for the future, as the victims were important breadwinners for their families.
b. Egyptian and other Christians in Libya will know the Father's loving protection, and the Spirit's guiding wisdom, as many try to leave but are unable to do so due to the security situation in many parts of the country.
c. The murderers will know the Spirit's conviction of their sin, and seek the Father's forgiveness and new life through the death and resurrection of the Son.
For the full report from Middle East Concern, click here.
God's Response to ISIS (1)
God's Response to ISIS (Part One):
A Message from the Egyptian Bible Society:
"Two Rows by the Sea"
Immediately following the beheading of the 21 Coptic Christians in Libya at the hands of ISIS terrorists, the Egyptian Bible Society produced this powerful evangelism resource.
Entitled "Two Rows by the Sea," the booklet shows the scene of the 21 martyrs, each on bended knee and wearing their orange jumpsuits, waiting to meet the Lord.
Behind them stands a row of 21, black-clad ISIS men, waiting to follow their orders.
On the same page, you find these words:
WHICH ROW PLEASES GOD?
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.
Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.
But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven. (Matthew 10: 28,32,33)
The pamphlet continues by showing these penetrating questions:
WHICH ROW UNDERSTANDS?
WHICH ROW SEES?
WHICH ROW WILL PREVAIL?
WHICH ROW UNDERSTANDS?
WHICH ROW SEES?
WHICH ROW WILL PREVAIL?
Each question is then answered by citing a Bible verse.
> > > God's response to ISIS is to bring them the Good News of Jesus Christ!
To read "Two Rows by the Sea" in English, go here.
To read "Two Rows by the Sea" in Arabic, please go here.
God's Response to ISIS (2)
God's Response to ISIS (Part Two)
A Message from Pakistani Christians
This week, we received a message from Cynthia, a Pakistani believer who lives in Detroit, Michigan.
Her message reads:
"Dear Prayer Patriots,
Let's continue to pray for our country that God Almighty keep America under His kind protection--keep up the good work, we are a group of Pakistani Christians, we have faced persecution first hand and understand the plight of Christians who are suffering under Sharia Law--in so many countries, May God strengthen them and give them His peace!"
When we contacted Cynthia in reply, we learned that she works with a ministry called POBLO International (People of the Book Organization): a ministry dedicated to Muslim Evangelism.
POBLO is dedicated to share the Gospel message with the nations right here in our own front yard. . . Many of the refugees that POBLO serves fled their country because of political or religious persecution. Now in the U.S., they have the freedom to learn about and practice Christianity without fear. The growing communities of Muslims, Hindus, and Sikhs across the U.S. are a mission field ripe for harvesting.
To learn more about this missionary team, please visit their website at: www.poblo.org
God's Response to ISIS (3)
God's Response to ISIS (Part Three)
EDUCATE yourself on Islam so God can use you to reach your Muslim friends, doctors and neighbors for Jesus! Muslims' agenda in the USA is to EVANGELIZE you to ISLAM, so let Jesus to Muslims educate you so that you can be equipped for that opportunity. (Matt. 28:18-19)
Founded by Dr. Steven Massood, a former Muslim who has converted to Chrsitianity, JesustoMuslims provides resource materials to those who wish to share the love of Christ with Muslims in their own cities. Followiing is a quote from their own mission statement:
You can learn more about this ministry by going here.
The Good News Corner
On Recent Visit to Saeed Abedini in Prison,
"The Presence of the Lord Was So Strong, The Guards Did Not Want to Intervene!"
"The normal 20 minute visit turned into 40 minutes which turned into an hour which turned into a few hours! Saeed and his father were shocked the amount of time that they were allowed... Keep praying!" -Naghmeh Abedini
(Iran)-[CBN News] Pastor Saeed Abedini's wife, Naghmeh, says that the presence of the Lord was evident during a recent visit from Saeed's father to the prison where her husband is being held in Iran.
Saeed is currently serving an eight year sentence in Iran's worst prisons after being arrested for his Christian faith.
Naghmeh said her father-in-law was able to visit her husband Wednesday, and the men were able to pray and read the Bible together as guards watched.
"The normal 20 minute visit turned into 40 minutes which turned into an hour which turned into a few hours! Saeed and his father were shocked the amount of time that they were allowed," Naghmeh wrote on her Facebook page.
"The presence of the Lord was so strong that the guards did not want to intervene and end the visit! Praise the Lord!" she said.
Naghmeh said that Saeed was able to hear words of encouragement from those praying for him, and was reminded that he is not forgotten.
She ended her post asking for more prayers for her husband.
"Continued prayers appreciated for Saeed's health, his nutrition, and for clean water. The quality of the prison water is very poor and so is the nutrition (lack of protein). Saeed has not been able to purchase mineral water or protein from the prison store as they have stopped providing them for purchase which has affected his health," she wrote.
Source: Breaking Christian News
Signs and Wonders
Australia storms: Cyclones hit Queensland and Northern Territory
Two major storms have slammed into Australia, knocking out power, damaging homes and forcing evacuations in coastal areas. Tropical Cyclone Marcia hit the Queensland coast between Yeppoon and St Lawrence on Friday morning local time. Arriving with little warning as a Category Five storm, it has now been downgraded to a Two but still threatens high tides and heavy rain.
Separately, Tropical Cyclone Lam hit a remote area of the Northern Territory.
Earlier on Friday, the storm passed through Rockhampton and Yeppoon, where Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said people of had gone through a "terrifying experience".
"We are very, very thankful that we have avoided the worst of what could've been an absolute catastrophe if those winds had escalated and the Category Five had gone straight over Yeppoon," she told reporters in Brisbane. (BBC) Read more.
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Senator Mitch McConnell, Jr. (KY)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"How Great Is Our God" - Chris Tomlin
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!