Monday is a federal holiday (President's Day)
but we WILL publish a Brief that day.
Announcing a National Conference Call
for the March of Remembrance:
Next Monday, February 16th at 9:00 p.m. EST
For details, please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, February 13, 2015
21 Days of Prayer and Fasting:
"The Lord has bared His holy arm
In the sight of all the nations,
That all the ends of the earth may see
The salvation of our God." (Isaiah 52:10)
The Daily Brief
1. IRS apologizes for seizing bank accounts of small businesses - AP
Pressured by Congress, the IRS said Wednesday it is changing its policies and apologizing for seizing banks accounts from otherwise law-abiding business owners simply because they structured bank transactions to avoid federal reporting requirements. Their alleged crime: routinely making bank deposits of less than $10,000. That allowed the business owners to avoid reporting requirements designed to catch drug dealers and money launderers.
IRS Commissioner John Koskinen told Congress that the IRS is changing policies to prevent the seizures, as long as the money came from legal means."To anyone who is not treated fairly under the code, I apologize," Koskinen told the House Ways and Means oversight subcommittee. "Taxpayers have to be comfortable that they will be treated fairly." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for this quick answer to prayer, just since our prayers yesterday. We are grateful to You! We cannot continue losing our freedoms, as these federal agencies act with impunity. We ask that the IRS would be investigated and their practices and targeting of conservative causes would be stopped. In the Name of Yeshua, we pray, Amen.
- "These are the things you should do: Tell each other the truth. In the courts judge with truth and complete fairness." (Zechariah 8:16)
2. 'Net Neutrality' is Hijacking the Information Highway - Canada Free Press
With public attention riveted on 50 Shades of Grey and NBC's 'lyin Brian' Williams, the proletariat is about to lose its most reliable form of communication: the Internet. "Quickly and quietly", high-handed Barack Obama and the Democrats are working on hijacking the Information Highway. Big Government takeover of the Internet will become a fait accompli by February 26, 2015, with a Federal Communications Commission (FCC ) vote. By the time the public becomes aware of it, the Internet will already belong to Obama. Suffering in silence with no means of communication to others is exactly what Obama wants on his mission for his ever-expanding Fundamental Transformation of the Free West. (Read more)
- Precious Lord, we ask for Your divine intervention and help in this situation. Some of us may not even be aware of how much we rely on the internet for our news and information. This president has sought to undermine and remove our freedoms one by one, and wants to take over the air waves, and control what we hear, so he can control what we think. We pray for a supernatural awakening of all Americans to the underhanded, clandestine agenda of this administration, and stop it now, dead in its tracts. Use Congress, and all the branches of our government to cry "foul", and restore our freedoms to us. Smack his hand out of the cookie jar, we pray!! In Jesus Name, Amen.
- "So don't be afraid of those people, because everything that is hidden will be shown. Everything that is secret will be made known. I tell you these things in the dark, but I want you to them in the light. What you hear whispered in your ear you should shout from the housetops." (Matthew 10: 26,27)
3. Obama amnesty creates loophole for illegal immigrants to vote in Elections - The Washington Times
President Obama's temporary deportation amnesty will make it easier for illegal immigrants to improperly register and vote in elections, state elections officials testified to Congress on Thursday, saying that the driver's licenses and Social Security numbers they will be granted create a major voting loophole.
While stressing that it remains illegal for noncitizens to vote, secretaries of state from Ohio and Kansas said they won't have the tools to sniff out illegal immigrants who register anyway, ignoring stiff penalties to fill out the registration forms that are easily available at shopping malls, motor vehicle bureaus and in curbside registration drives.
Anyone registering to vote attests that he or she is a citizen, but Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted said mass registration drives often aren't able to give due attention to that part, and so illegal immigrants will still get through. (Read more)
- Father, we know it is wrong for non-citizens to vote in our elections, and we ask that these "loopholes" be quickly closed, and that these aliens will be put on the path of pursuing legal citizenship, should they desire to become citizens. It is unfair for the electorate to support these people who are doing nothing to add to our economy or freedoms. We ask for clarity of minds in Congress and the Senate, so this problem may quickly be addressed and resolved before the presidential elections in 2016. We thank You for bringing this issue to the attention of Congress, and we ask for a quick resolution to this problem. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "But all things should be done with regard to decency and propriety and in an orderly fashion." (I Corinthians 14:40)
4. Oklahoma Bill Would Protect Clergy Who Won't Perform Gay Marriages - Reuters
Oklahoma state representatives voted overwhelmingly on Thursday to advance a bill that would provide immunity from lawsuits to clergy who refuse to conduct marriages for same-sex couples.
The bill, approved by 88-7 in the state House of Representatives, would protect clergy members from any civil claim or cause of action if they refuse to preside over or recognize a marriage of same-sex couples because of their conscience or religious beliefs. The measure next goes to the state Senate for consideration. (Read more)
- Lord, we here in Oklahoma, are grateful for this legislation to protect those clergy who choose not to officiate at same-sex weddings. We ask that this will not be overturned at the federal level, like our ban against same-sex marriage, and against shariah law being practiced in Oklahoma. We believe in States rights, and ask for Your protection and favor, as we attempt to follow Your laws. Prosper this bill we pray, and give wisdom as to the wording of it, so that it may stand against any who would attempt to dismantle it. We ask that similar legislation be passed quickly in all other 49 states. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Now fear the Lord and serve Him with all faithfulness. But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:14,16)
5. Obama Seeks Authorization From Congress to Fight IS- Voice of America
President Barack Obama sent Congress a request Wednesday for authorization to use military force in the campaign against the Islamic State group, urging lawmakers to "show the world we are united in our resolve to counter the threat."
In a letter to Congress, the president said he is committed to working with Congress on bipartisan authorization for the use of military force.
The proposed authorization for the use of military force (AUMF) would limit operations against the militants to three years and bar U.S. troops from what it terms "enduring offensive ground combat." (Read more)
- Lord of the nations, we come to You asking for great wisdom for our lawmakers in Congress. We ask that You would "lay bare" the true intentions of our president in asking for congressional approval to "go to war" with ISIS. We pray that this would not be "politically" motivated, due to upcoming elections. We understand that the request is very vague, and so we ask for undeniable clarity. We ask, Father, for Your wisdom and counsel to be given to all the members of Congress, and that You will be glorified in their decision. We thank You that "our times are in Your hands"! In Jesus' name, amen.
- "To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven: A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." (Ecclesiastes 3:1,8)
6. US troops fighting Ebola to leave Liberia by end of April - BBC
President Obama has said all but 100 of the US troops currently stationed in Liberia to fight the spread of Ebola will pull out by the end of April. There were 2,800 US troops in West Africa at the height of the epidemic. His announcement follows the news that the number of new Ebola cases has risen for the second consecutive week, ending a sequence of encouraging declines. (Read more)
- Jehovah Rapha, the God Who heals, we praise You for the progress combating this awful disease, and pray that the new cases would continue to decline until it is irradicated. Protect those who are ministering to the sick, we pray. We speak death to the disease germs, and life to the sick. We thank You that You are greater than any name named in the earth, and that includes Ebola. May these people not only receive health from You, but also come to know You as the Giver of Life, and come to know You as Savior, we pray. Amen.
- "I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done." (Psalm 118:17)
7. ALERT! Yemen Falls Apart: Marines Forced to Destroy Weapons, U.S. Embassy Evacuated, Al Qaeda Seizes Military Base - Townhall.com
Despite President Obama claiming in September that U.S. strategy used to combat terrorism in Yemen has been a "success," so successful in fact that it should be used to defeat ISIS, the country continues to fall apart. Late yesterday the United States evacuated the U.S. embassy in Yemen and Marines were bizarrely ordered by the State Department to destroy issued weapons on their way out. The British and French also closed and evacuated their embassies yesterday citing safety and security concerns.
President of Concerned Veterans of America Pete Hegseth discussed the situation last night on The Kelly File. "We're surrendering around the world, we're surrendering our embassy, and now we're asking U.S. Marines to surrender their dignity, give up oaths that they made, creeds that they live by, and surrender their rifle," Hegseth said. (Read more)
- Abba, we thank You for being our Stability in an unstable world! We know, though nations fall, and rise, You alone are unchangeable and our Hope! We ask for wisdom to be given to those in our government who are tasked with dealing with this situation in Yemen, and other unstable nations. We thank You that You set up kings of the earth, and You remove them. We again praise You for Your intervention in this situation, and we ask for peace, where there seems to be only turmoil. You are our Prince of Peace, and King of all Kings. May we keep our eyes on You! Amen.
- "Rescue me and deliver me from the hand of foreigners, whose mouth speaks lying words, And whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood . . . " (Psalm 144:11)
8. Fresh Offensive, Hezbollah Troops Fast Approaching Israeli Border From Syrian Side - Yahoo Bolstered by the Lebanese Shiite militant group Hezbollah and its patrons in Tehran, the Syrian Army continued its rapid advance into southern Syria today, inching closer to the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.
"Regime troops and their Hezbollah-led allies are advancing in the area linking Daraa, Quneitra and Damascus provinces," close to the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
Beginning earlier this week, the Syrian government confirmed they launched a "broad operation" to recapture strategic hilltops and key swaths of territory lost last year to rebel groups including the al Qaeda affiliate in Syria, al-Nusra Front. (Read more)
- O Lord God, of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, we call upon You to save Your people in the north of your beloved land of Israel. Cradle them in the palm of Your Hand. As the enemies of Israel rush to their own deaths, we ask You to hold and protect Your people and Your Land from the hand of those who hate her. May her enemies quickly find out and confess that there is a God in Israel, the Only One true God, and Jehovah is His Name. You are the Covenant-keeping God, and You do not forsake, nor abandon Your people!
- "For He Himself has said, 'I will not in any way fail you nor give you up, nor leave you without support. I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down (relax My hold on you)! Assuredly not!' So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [I will not fear or read or be terrified]. What can man do to me?"(Hebrews 13:5 AMP)
9. Islamic State militants attack Iraqi town near US base - BBC
Islamic State (IS) militants have launched an attack on a town in Iraq's Anbar province, close to an airbase that is home to some 300 US marines. The militants attacked the town of al-Baghdadi, 5km (three miles) from the Ain al-Asad base, where the US forces are training Iraqi troops. Heavy fighting was reported around the town, west of Anbar's capital, Ramadi.
UPDATE: Iraq repels Islamic State attack on base housing US troops - BBC
The Iraqi army backed by coalition fighter planes has repelled an attack by Islamic State (IS) militants on a base in Iraq's western Anbar province housing US troops, officials say.
About 300 US military personnel are stationed at the Ain al-Asad airbase, where they are training Iraqi troops.
IS militants had earlier attacked the nearby town of al-Baghdadi. (Read more)
- Father God, we know that there were MANY saints who, upon receiving word last night that these 300 Marines were surrounded by ISIS thugs, cried out to You, Lord God Almighty, to rescue our men. Today, we awaken to this good news. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayers, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. . . Away from me, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my weeping. The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer. All my enemies will be overwhelmed with shame and anguish; they will turn back and suddenly be put to shame." (Psalm 6:6,8-10)
10. Newsletter UN Prayer Watch: February 2015
To read this newsletter, written by a prayer team that prays on site for the activities of the United Nations, please go here.
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Nobel winner Elie Wiesel lends support for Netanyahu's Congress speech - Jerusalem Post
Nobel Peace Prize laureate and Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel is lending his support to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's March 3 speech to Congress on the dangers of Iran's nuclear program - an address that has antagonized the White House and divided American Jews.
An outspoken New Jersey Orthodox rabbi, Shmuley Boteach, said on Thursday he is placing full-page advertisements in two of the leading US newspapers, The New York Times and The Washington Post, featuring Wiesel's endorsement of Netanyahu's speech.
The advertisement quotes Wiesel as saying he plans to attend Netanyahu's address "on the catastrophic danger of a nuclear Iran." Awarded the Nobel in 1986, Wiesel asks Obama and others in the ad: "Will you join me in hearing the case for keeping weapons from those who preach death to Israel and America?"
Speaking to Reuters by phone, Boteach said: "There's no personality more respected in the global Jewish community and few in the wider world than Elie Wiesel. He is a living prince of the Jewish people." (Read more)
2. Israelis think Obama interfering in election, poll finds - Jerusalem Post
Twice as many Israelis say that US President Barack Obama's administration is interfering in the election as those who say it is not, according to a Panels Research poll taken for The Jerusalem Post and its Hebrew sister publication, Maariv Sof Hashavua.
Sixty-two percent of respondents said the Obama administration is interfering, 31% said it is not interfering, and 8% did not know. (Read more)
3. Israel warns anew of action against Iran -Yahoo News
Jerusalem (AFP) - Intelligence Affairs Minister Yuval Steinitz warned Thursday that Israel could act unilaterally against Iran over its nuclear drive, saying Tehran has failed to make concessions in talks with world powers. "I won't be too specific but all options are still on the table," Steinitz told reporters. "We never limited Israel's right of self-defence because of some diplomatic constraints," he said. (Read more)
4. Analysis: Hezbollah fighters, Iranian operatives flowing into southern Syria - Jerusalem Post
Just a few weeks after an air strike killed 12 Hezbollah and Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps operatives in southern Syria, recent days' headlines are again reporting the presence of Iranian-backed Shi'ite forces in the area.
According to international media reports, Israel carried out the January 18 air strike, with Western intelligence sources later saying that the targets were setting up a significant Iranian-Hezbollah terrorist base designed to target Israel.
The Syrian civil war has allowed Hezbollah to extend its reach from its home base in southern Lebanon, into southern Syria. (Read more)
5. PM pulled out of deal for demilitarized Palestine, shared Jerusalem, in 2011 - Times of Israel
In conversations in various European capitals and in Amman over the course of a year, the two reached far-reaching informal understandings, with the knowledge and support of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
But according to numerous Israeli and Palestinian sources, on July 28 of that year, right before an important meeting between Peres and Abbas in which the president was due to present the PM's formal authorization of the understandings, Netanyahu backtracked and pulled his support for the initiative. Abbas, who was en route to Amman at the time, turned back to Ramallah following a conversation with one of Peres's aides.
The general framework reached by Peres and Abbas - with Netanyahu's support - held the following key points, not dissimilar to the framework that US Secretary of State John Kerry sought to finalize last year. (Read more)
6. Netanyahu retracts changes to Israel Prize judging panels -Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday walked back his decision to remove several judges from the panels awarding the Israel Prize, after the attorney general called on him to refrain from taking such steps with elections looming.
Netanyahu has been facing mushrooming condemnation over claims he politicized the prestigious prize by removing judges over their political orientation, with a top Israeli author joining a growing boycott of the award on Thursday. (Read more)
7. The politics of disqualification - Times of Israel
Two provocative, if short-lived, political rulings dominate the headlines in Friday's Hebrew papers: the prime minister's decision to remove several Israel Prize judges for their political views (since rescinded) sparks a debate on politics and art, and the disqualification of two extreme MKs (expected to be overturned by the High Court) examines the boundaries of free speech.
The fury over Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu meddling in the panel of judges of the prestigious award is front-and-center in Yedioth Ahronoth and Haaretz, with the former spotlighting criticism by authors David Grossman - who withdrew his candidacy for the award on Thursday - and Amos Oz.
"It was supposed to be Grossman's year," Yedioth laments. "After Amos Oz and A.B. Yehoshua won the Israel Prize in past years, his winning the prestigious prize this year was almost certain. But since then, the issue snowballed out of control. At the beginning of the week, when he read the first headlines on the case, Grossman understood that he had no choice but to pull out of the running." (Read more)
8. Weekly Prayer Bulletin from Intercessors for Israel
To read today's edition, please go here.
9. Weekly Prayer Bulletin from Bridges for Peace
To read today's edition, please go here.
The Daily Jot
Unconstitutional IRS must be reigned in
The federal government has collected a record amount of taxes during the time period of October 2014 through January 2015. According to the Monthly Treasury Statement, federal tax collections were a record $1.046 TRILLION during the period. Notwithstanding, the government spent $194.209 TRILLION during the period, and government spending is up 8.3% over the same period last year. So how is the government collecting so much money? Through an unconstitutional agency called the Internal Revenue Service. One of the reasons it is unconstitutional is that the IRS does not have to undergo due process to seize your money. You are guilty until proven innocent, constituting a culture of fear and bullying.
Just ask Illinois Republican Congressman Peter Roskam, who is chairman of the Ways and Means oversight subcommittee. Roskam held a hearing on IRS seizures of taxpayer money--seizures that took place without due process. Roskam said the IRS has too much power, especially when it seizes assets of taxpayers when it doesn't have evidence of a crime. Roskam said, "The IRS doesn't have to give notice to the account-holder before seizing the assets. And the IRS doesn't have to prove that the person is actually guilty of anything - just that the account probably is involved in structuring." So we have a Congressman stating that your rights to due process are violated by the IRS. He needs to fix it.
Testifying at the hearing was Andrew Clyde, a former Seabee who served three tours in Iraq, and owns a gun shop in Georgia. His insurance would not cover losses of more than $10,000. He would therefore carry less than $10,000 when he made bank deposits. A law designed to catch drug dealers and terrorists requires that deposits of more than $10,000 must be reported. But if you consistently deposit just less than $10,000, the IRS seizes your assets and makes you prove that you are not guilty of criminal activity. AP reports that Clyde was never accused of anything illegal, yet the IRS filed a civil complaint against him and made several offers to settle the case by forcing him to forfeit large portions of his money.
Remember the IRS is the agency that was used by the White House to intimidate its perceived foes. Gun owning, former veterans and Christians were at the top of the list according to one of the first reports released by Homeland Security under the current "president." Now before some Christians rush to quote me part of what Jesus said in Mark 12:17, "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's," be reminded that America is not a Roman dictatorship. Also know Acts 5:29, "We ought to obey God rather than men." God's law says not to covet. The IRS, as part of the government of the people, covet's your earnings, meaning the government of the people also covets. We the people are allowing it. We are part of it. We must demand it stops. The government must live within the means of the people--not TRILLIONS beyond it.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Report Warns Of Christian Genocide
Former Republican Congressman Frank R. Wolf and his new group, 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative, has just issued a disturbing report entitled "Edge of Extinction." Its message: If ISIS is not defeated, Christians and other religious and ethnic minorities face a genocide.
The report comes after a fact-finding mission to Iraq by the Wilberforce delegation, including Wolf, Wilberforce President Randel Everett and my daughter Elyse, who is a key member of the new group's staff.
While collecting information on the carnage, the delegation came within 1.5 miles of the ISIS frontlines. They interviewed dozens of displaced Christians and other religious minorities. Among their findings is that Iraq's Christian population, once 1.5 million, has been reduced to a remnant of just 300,000 without homes, jobs or churches.
The full report can be accessed at 21wilberforce.org. I urge you to download the report and share it with your church leaders. The 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative is a welcome new force in the fight for religious liberty around the world. It is worthy of your prayers and financial support. (Gary Bauer)
Obama and Israel
Obama "Unrestrained" Against Israel
More revelations are coming out of David Axelrod's new book about his time with Barack Obama. First we learned that Obama lied to the country about his opposition to same-sex marriage when he ran for the White House in 2008. (He supported men "marrying" other men as far back as 1996!)
Now Axelrod tells us that throughout Obama's first term, he "had been pulling his punches with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for fear of antagonizing some elements of the American Jewish community." Pulling his punches? Seriously?!
- Was Obama pulling his punches in March 2010 when he walked out of a White House meeting and refused to have his picture taken with Prime Minister Netanyahu?
- Was he pulling his punches in May 2011 when he delivered a speech demanding Israel return to its pre-1967 "Auschwitz borders"?
- Was Obama pulling his punches in September 2012 when he refused to meet with Netanyahu in New York during a U.N. conference?
But since Obama has been reelected, Axelrod told CNN's Jake Tapper this week that he believes Obama "feels very much unrestrained." Now a "fully unrestrained" Obama is "begging" Iran for a nuclear deal that would allow the mullahs to become a "threshold" nuclear power and a deadly threat to Israel. (Gary Bauer)
ISIS In America?
ISIS In America?
In previous reports, we have mentioned Denver teenagers and Muslims from Minnesota who have tried to leave America and wage jihad with ISIS overseas. U.S. intelligence agencies estimate that as many as 150 Americans have or have attempted to travel to Syria to fight with ISIS.
What do we know about these people? How well are we tracking them? How many have returned to the U.S.? That issue came up during a hearing this week on Capitol Hill featuring testimony from Michael Steinbach, a top official in the FBI's Counterterrorism Division.
Steinbach was asked by Rep. Buddy Carter (R-GA) whether we have the issue of foreign fighter travel "under control." Steinbach answered:
"We don't have it under control. . . . If I were to say that we had it under control, I would say that I knew of every single individual traveling. I don't, and I don't know every person there, and I don't know of everyone coming back. So it's not even close to being under control." (Gary Bauer)
Prayer Breakfast Fallout
Prayer Breakfast Fallout
At the National Prayer Breakfast, President Obama offered Christians a unique lesson in humility. He declared or implied that: 1) all religions are equal; 2) the Crusades and some professed Christians' support of Jim Crow suggest moral equivalency between today's Christians and the extremist Islamists; and 3) Christians need to come down off their "high-horse" since they, too, are guilty, and have no right to judge, and more. Conservative and Christian commentators have responded with a resounding blast, so out of touch were the President's words and logic. But now, knowing his sentiments, it is little wonder the President has not taken up the cause of persecuted Christians at home or abroad, nor acted against the ISIS genocide of Christians and other groups as in the Middle East. The President has now asked Congress for war authority, but many question his language, and some conservative members, otherwise prone to sign, say they cannot.
- We look to you, Lord! Help our military leaders, our Congressmen, and the American People to lead where the President has been unable. Raise up godly Governors, state leaders and judges who will stand in the gap for liberty, especially, religious liberty here and abroad! Cause our leader to act to stop ISIS! Help our President to hear and obey your word!
- "You shall have no other gods before or besides Me." (Exodus 20:3 AMP)
[Submitted by: Rev. Pierre Bynum, Chaplain & National Prayer Director, Family Research Council. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org ]
A Letter from Pastor Saeed
A Letter from Pastor Saeed
Pastor Saeed Thanks President Obama
American Pastor Saeed Abedini has written a letter from his Iranian jail cell to President Obama thanking him for meeting with his wife and kids.
Last week, President Obama met with Pastor Saeed's wife, Naghmeh, and their two children, Rebekka and Jacob, and promised to make Pastor Saeed's freedom a "top priority," even telling Jacob that he "will try" to work to get Pastor Saeed home by Jacob's birthday in March.
Yesterday, Pastor Saeed told a family member in Iran who was able to visit him that President Obama's willingness to take the time to meet with his wife and kids greatly encouraged him.
[To read his letter, please go here.]
Note: this site also provides a link to be able to support Pastor Saeed.
Published on Friday, January 30, 2015
Update from the Justice Foundation
Update from the Justice Foundation
REPORT ON THE ORAL ARGUMENT AT THE 8TH CIRCUIT COURT OF APPEALS
Tuesday, January 13, the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals held oral arguments on the Arkansas ban on abortion after 12 weeks and the North Dakota ban on abortion after six weeks, if there is a heartbeat.
The Justice Foundation and some of the ladies of Operation Outcry were present in person, specifically Allan & Susan Parker, Millie Lace, Li nda Jackson, and Myra Myers. The Justice Foundation overall represented 3,279 women hurt by abortion in separate friend of the court briefs supportin g both Arkansas' and North Dakota's ban on abortion. In addition, the testimony of all 4,500 (minus 2) Operation Outcry ladies were in the north Dakota record in one way or another.
. . . Two things were totally new about these cases. First, North Dakota spoke at length about a post - abortive woman's testimony (Jennifer) and asked the judge to read it in the record in full. She had an abortion from one of the Plaintiff abortionists. It was so horrible that a few days later she tried to commit suicide. Second, was the new argument that both states made that the Safe Haven laws or Baby Moses laws were a strong constitutional alternative to abortion for women. North Dakota in addition made an extremely strong evidential argument including approximately 4,500 of the Operation Outcry testimonies in the record in one form or another, that many of the fundam ental underpinnings of Roe and Doe are no longer valid.
[Excerpt. To read the full report, including links to hear the actual arguments presented, please go here.]
>>> We thank the Lord for the valuable work of The Justice Foundation, and we encourage all of our prayer partners to support Allen Parker and his team through prayer, and through giving, as you can. <<<
Report submitted by:
Allan E. Parker, President
The Justice Foundation
Pro-Lifers Stop Assisted-Suicide Bill
CitizenLink rallied pro-life Coloradans in a successful bid to stop a physician-assisted suicide bill this week.
Life advocates made hundreds of phone calls to key lawmakers, leading to the bill being voted down while still in committee. In the CitizenLink Report, John Paulton explains why many other states are taking note of how it was done: There are two dozen similar bills being talked about in legislatures across the country.
As CitizenLink's manager of policy and research, Paulton shares the inside story of how it was done. And he says it's something that can be accomplished in any state. (Go here to see the video.)
The Good News Corner
World's Largest Pro-Israel Group Heralds This Famous American
as Its 3 MILLIONTH Member
"It is truly amazing that at a time when governments around the world are united in their condemnation of the State of Israel, we've been able to connect with millions of people-many in some of the most anti-Semitic countries-who are proud to stand united with Israel." -Michael Gerbitz
(Israel)-It's not every day that an organization manages to garner three million followers, but United with Israel (UWI), the world's largest grassroots pro-Israel movement, has reached a significant milestone with 3 million supporters and counting.
Mike Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas who is an ardent supporter of Israel, will officially become number 3,000,000 when he attends UWI's "Three Million Strong" celebration in Jerusalem onFebruary 18, 2015.
Founder Michael Gerbitz remarked, "It is truly amazing that at a time when governments around the world are united in their condemnation of the State of Israel, we've been able to connect with millions of people-many in some of the most anti-Semitic countries-who are proud to stand united with Israel. We make sure that the truth about Israel reaches every corner of the globe."
"There is a huge market of Israel supporters around the world that wasn't being reached," Gerbitz says. "The exponential impact of social-media powered outreach is dramatic when our direct reach of 3 million supporters gives us access to half a billion people. This is what's needed to fight and win Israel's battle of public opinion from congregations to cafes to universities throughout the world."
Source: Breaking Christian News
Signs and Wonders
SUMMER SPRITE AND VENUS
Summer is the season for sprites, a form of lightning that leaps up from the tops of thunderstorms. Yesterday at sunset in Mutare, Zimbabwe, south of the equator, the summer heat was just beginning to break when Dr Peter Lowenstein photographed a purple sprite leaping out of the storm clouds.
"I took the picture from the verandah of my house," says Lowenstein. "A late afternoon cumulonimbus cloud has developed into a small evening thunderstorm with frequent flashes of lightning. The photograph shows a cloud-to-ground strike with side flash just below Venus. There is also what looks like a sprite rising vertically upwards."
Sprites are a true space weather phenomenon. They inhabit the upper reaches of Earth's atmosphere alongside noctilucent clouds, meteors and auroras. Some researchers believe they are linked to cosmic rays: subatomic particles from deep space striking the top of Earth's atmosphere produce secondary electrons. When those electrons penetrate thunderclouds, they could provide the spark that triggers sprites.
Although sprites have been seen for at least a century, most scientists did not believe they existed until after 1989 when sprites were photographed by cameras onboard the space shuttle. Now summertime "sprite chasers" regularly photograph the upward bolts from their own homes. Give it a try! (SpaceWeather.com)
Read more here.
Today's Birthdays on the Hill, and in the States
Today we wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Governor Jay Nixon (MO)
Senator Richard Blumenthal (CT)
Rep. Filemon Vela (TX)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Set a Fire" - Jesus Culture
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!