Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, February 23, 2015
"I Am ADONAI; there is no other." (Isaiah 45:18)
The Daily Brief
1. Al Shabaab calls for attack on Mall of America in new video - Fox News
A new video from Al Shabaab purportedly shows the terror group calling for an attack on Mall of America, in Bloomington, Minn. According to Fox 9, the mall is one of three similar targets the terror group specifically names, including West Edmonton Mall in Canada and the Oxford Street shopping area in London.
The video purportedly shows 6 minutes of graphic images and the terrorists celebrating the 2013 Westgate Mall attack in Nairobi, Kenya, that killed more than 60 people.
The narrator, his face wrapped in a black-and-white kaffiyeh-type scarf and wearing a camouflage jacket, spoke with a British accent and appeared to be of Somali origin. He accused Kenyan troops in Somalia of committing abuses against Somali Muslims. He ended the video by calling on Muslim men to attack other shopping malls in Western countries.
An image of the Mall of America is shown in the video, alongside its GPS coordinates. The mall says it is ramping up its security in response. (Read more)
- Father God, we do not fear what man can do to us, and we take this warning seriously. We thank You that this news has been released, so that Your prayer warriors can now be joined on the wall together, watching and praying for the safety of our malls. Thank You, Lord, for Your Sovereignty, for You are in control of all things. We pray this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7)
"For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light." (Mark 4:22)
2. Leading Republican questions plan to allow Syrian refugees to enter US - Fox News
One House Republican went so far as to call the plan a "federally sanctioned welcome party" to potential terrorists.
The State Department has defended the plan, saying the U.S. was founded on the principles of helping such people. However, House Republicans are concerned about members from the Islamic State, whose de facto headquarters is in Syria, infiltrating the refugee system and entering American soil.
Mike McCaul, chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, said Friday on Fox News' "Hannity" show that the policy is "dangerous and reckless." The Texas lawmaker said he recently wrote National Security Adviser Susan Rice about the policy, which includes bringing in refugees from neighboring Turkey, where millions of Syrians have fled because of their civil war. In the letter, he and fellow Republicans raised concerns about the U.S.'s screening process, which is hindered by the intelligence-gathering challenges in Syria.
"You have to have information to vet," FBI Assistant Director Michael Steinbach, said in a Feb. 11 House homeland security hearing. "Databases don't [have] the information on those individuals, and that's the concern. . . Most of (the refugees) are women and children, but there are male actors that concern me," he said. "This would be a federally sanctioned welcome party, if you will, to potential terrorists in the United States." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father we lift up praise that Rep. Mike McCaul is challenging how to 'vet' Syrian refugees to confirm they are not terrorist group members. We pray that his concerns are widely heard and supported so that aiding these refugees does not endanger the citizens of the US. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "The righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him." (Proverbs 20:7)
3. Michele Bachmann Joins Voices Defending Giuliani
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani ignited a firestorm by publicly questioning whether Barack Obama "loves America," criticizing him for weak leadership against Islamist threats and arguing the president has been more influenced by his communist mentors than by his African-American roots.
"I'm sure you've heard the leftist liberal media slamming Rudy Giuliani for his critical comments about President Obama," Bachmann wrote in a letter to supporters of MichelePAC, a political action committee she founded to elect constitutional conservative leaders.
"It is certainly understandable why a mayor of the largest city in America, who suffered the worst terror attack in the history of our country, and who was ultimately responsible for managing and dealing with the mass death and chaotic destruction caused by radical Islamic terrorists is so immensely concerned," Bachmann reasoned. "And with the erroneous and miscalculated lack of leadership from our White House, those concerns are more than justified.
"I share Rudy's fear and concern," Bachmann continued. "It is very unlikely that ISIS will simply go away without America leading the effort to stop them. We must identify this enemy for exactly who they are and robustly destroy them. There is no question in my mind that we must show our patriotic love and devotion for America by demanding safety and security for our citizens." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we are so thankful that Michelle Bachmann and other leaders are standing up to defend Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani's remarks where he questioned if the president has been more influenced by his communist mentors than by his African-American root, and is endangering our nation when he acts as if ISIS will simply go away without America leading the effort to stop them. Lord, we lift up prayers asking for special protection from Your Warrior angels of Rudy Giuliani, Michelle Bachmann and any others who ask questions concerning our president's actions and responses to ISIS threats. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Many seek the ruler's favor, but justice for man comes from the Lord." (Proverbs 29:26)
4. The Church - Silent Too Long - Canada Free Press
Flower Mound, Texas,-Christians slaughtered in droves. Videos of unspeakable terror. Threats of blood running in the streets.
Attorney David Gibbs of the National Center for Life and Liberty (www.NCLL.org) calls on Christians and Christian leaders to speak up and speak out for life and liberty.
"The voice of the church has remained silent too long," he says. "It's time for pastors and ministry leaders to boldly declare the truth of the Word of God. It's time for religious leaders to come out of the closet on the critical moral issues of our day."
The moral issue displayed across the media almost daily is the wholesale slaughter of Christians around the world. The moral issue the world tries to ignore is the killing of innocents through abortion and the devaluing of life in end-of-life issues.
"In Acts 4:29," Attorney Gibbs continues, "the Apostle Paul prayed this for the apostles: 'And now, Lord, behold their threatenings, and grant unto Thy servants that with all boldness they may speak Thy Word.'" Americans must exercise their freedom of religion by speaking the message of the Bible freely and with boldness and standing for life and liberty everywhere. The National Center for Life and Liberty (www.NCLL.org) works tirelessly to defend the many freedoms bestowed upon us by God. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask that Your people be awakened to rise up and speak out about the atrocities which are occurring in so many places in the world against Your people. May they develop the strength to speak forth the truth of what is happening and may it be so many people speaking out publically that awareness arises like a mighty army, and truth and justice comes forth like overflowing rivers pouring over the land. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong." (1 Corinthians 16:13)
5. 2 sides in West Coast ports dispute reach tentative contract - Fox News
Negotiators reached a tentative contract covering West Coast dockworkers on Friday evening, likely ending a protracted labor dispute that snarled international trade at seaports handling about $1 trillion worth of cargo annually.
The breakthrough came after nine months of negotiations that turned contentious in the fall, when dockworkers and their employers began blaming each other for problems getting imports to consumers and exports overseas.
The five-year deal still must be approved by the 13,000-member International Longshore and Warehouse Union's rank-and-file. They work 29 ports from San Diego to Seattle that handle about one-quarter of all U.S. international trade, much of it with Asia.
Negotiators for the union and the Pacific Maritime Association, which represents ocean-going shipping lines and the companies that load and unload cargo at port terminals, began talking formally in May. Their prior six-year contract expired July 1.
U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez said that both the dockworkers' union and their employers agreed to resume work Saturday evening. In recent weeks, employers cut most weekend work, saying they would not pay extra wages. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father we sing praises that it appears a breakthrough agreement has been reached in the labor dispute among the dockworkers on the west coast, so that cargo will now be loaded and unloaded at port terminals. We thank You for hearing our prayers, and ask that this new contract works well, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "You are the God who does wonders; You have declared Your strength among the peoples." (Psalm 77:14)
6. DHS rushing amnesty contracts at 'full-throttle pace': source - Washington Times
A government watchdog says the Obama administration is continuing to award multi-million-dollar contracts to firms to quickly process millions of illegal immigrants, despite a federal court's decision to put a stay on the president's amnesty order.
A Request for Proposal was recently posted in the government's official database for federal contracts and comes from the Department of Homeland Security agency charged with processing visa and naturalization petitions, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The complex contract is being pushed at a "full-throttle pace," a government source told Judicial Watch on Friday.
A federal judge in Texas issued an order this week that halts the president's plan to shield millions of illegal immigrants from deportation and bans DHS and USCIS from executing the amnesty order. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we come before You with this dilemma. Once again, this administration is choosing to ignore a federal order, and continues instead to rush amnesty contracts at a 'full-throttle pace.' Have mercy upon us, Father. We take the blood bought cross of Christ and drive it as a stake through these actions, causing them to cease and desist. We decree this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "He who walks with integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his ways will become known." (Proverbs 10:9)
7. ISIS Is Massively Wealthy, Despite Obama's Contention Poverty the Cause of Terrorism - Breitbart
Last week, President Barack Obama sparked outrage when he declared that the root cause of Islamic State (ISIS) terrorism is not radical Islam but poverty.
"We have to address grievances terrorists exploit, including economic grievances," said Obama. However, as terrorism experts explain, a vast percentage of Islamic terrorists come from middle-class backgrounds, wealthy families, or have impressive educational pedigrees.
CNN's national security analyst Peter Bergen says many of the world's most notorious terrorists came from affluence and education. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, it seems the rationalization given by US leadership that ISIS members are from backgrounds of extreme poverty appears to be contradicted by the facts. This deadly group arises from middle-class backgrounds, wealthy families, or have impressive educational pedigrees, and have huge amounts of funding resources. Father, may the truth about these terrorists be fully exposed and weak justifications be cast aside, where it is acknowledged how dangerous this group is to all the world and how it needs to be fully addressed as a serious threat to all of us. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Let not a slanderer be established in the earth; let evil hunt the violent man to overthrow him." (Psalm 140:11)
8. Ukraine PM says cease fire non-existent, Putin on a larger mission - Fox News
Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk said Saturday that his country is not on the verge of collapse and that Russian-backed separatists continue to attack Ukrainian soldiers despite a recent cease fire agreement.
"We are very far from a collapse," Yatsenyuk told Fox News. "You know why? We don't have a cease fire . . . because a cease fire means that no one shoots. Cease fire means that Russian-led terrorists do not make any kind of ongoing shellings, that they do not kill Ukrainian soldiers and innocent people."
Yatsenyuk's comments come about one week after European leaders brokered a cease fire in the roughly 10-month conflict between Russia and Ukraine in the eastern region of the country. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we bring before You the cease fire agreement that supposedly was brokered between the Ukraine and Russia. We ask that this conflict be defused so that it will not lead into World War III, which would be an immense tragedy not only for these two nations but also for the entire world. Have mercy, Father, and help us to defuse this ongoing conflict, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good." (Proverbs 15:3)
9. Nigerian forces retake border town of Baga from Boko Haram - Reuters
Nigerian forces backed by air strikes seized the northeastern border town of Baga from Islamist group Boko Haram on Saturday, the military said, a significant victory in an offensive against an insurgency affecting four African states.
Retaking the town - at Nigeria's border with Chad, Niger and Cameroon - was one of several in the past two weeks, and particularly important as Baga was the headquarters of a multinational force of troops from all four countries.
The militants had claimed a Jan. 3 attack that killed scores, possibly hundreds, and left the jihadists in control.
"We have secured Baga. We are now in full control. There are only mopping up exercises left to do," Defense Spokesman Major-General Chris Olukolade said by telephone.
In a statement minutes earlier Olukolade had said that "a large number of terrorists had drowned in Lake Chad" as troops advanced on Baga.
The Islamist fighters appear to be on the run in many parts of Nigeria and regions near its borders, after being subjected to a major offensive on all sides, although they have seemed defeated in the past only to bounce back deadlier than ever. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we thank You for this wonderful news, where Nigerian forces have retaken a key border town next to three other nations from the violent Islamist group Boko Haram. We pray that these Islamist fighters are truly on the run and may this offensive keep them defeated, praying this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God." (Psalm 9:17)
10. Johnson warns about Congress not funding homeland security, gets support from GOP senators - Fox News
A top Obama administration official warned several times Sunday about the potential, far-reaching perils of Congress allowing the Department of Homeland Security to run out of funding in several days and got some Republican support in the Capitol Hill stalemate.
Congressional Democrats and Republicans are in a standoff over legislation that will fund the agency through late September but also roll back President Obama's executive action on immigration.
Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said allowing the agency to lose its federal funding after Friday could jeopardize the U.S efforts to thwart a domestic terror attack by the Islamic State and will result in 30,000 employees being furloughed. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask for Your wisdom to rest upon Congress as they make this critical decision. In Your Name, amen.
- " . . . if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and [a]without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Palestinians threaten to end security ties with Israel - Ynet News
The Palestinian president has threatened to stop security coordination with Israel if the country continues to withhold millions of dollars of Palestinian tax revenue, senior Palestinian official Nabil Shaath said Sunday.
Israel has withheld tax revenue from the Palestinians since they joined the International Criminal Court last month. Shaath said the withheld revenue amounts to $140 million per month for the last two months. (Read more)
2. Jerusalem mayor and bodyguards subdue Jerusalem terrorist - Ynet News
Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat was present at the scene of Sunday's terror attack in which an ultra-Orthodox man was stabbed. Together with the mayor, his security guard helped subdue the terrorist, an 18-year-old Arab teen. (Read more)
3. Despite 2-hour meet, Kerry and Iran's Zarif fail to find common ground - Jerusalem Post
US Secretary of State John Kerry and his Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif met for two hours in Geneva on Sunday in another round of nuclear talks to try to narrow gaps as they pressed against a March 31 deadline to reach a political agreement.
The meeting included for the first time US Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz and Iran's nuclear chief Ali Akbar Salehi, who spent most of the day separately negotiating technical details of curbing Iran's nuclear program. (Read more)
4. White House may snub AIPAC as it seeks to undercut Netanyahu speech - Times of Israel
In what is becoming an increasingly nasty grudge match, the White House is weighing actions to undermine Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's upcoming trip to Washington and blunt his message that a potential nuclear deal with Iran is bad for Israel and the world
There are limits. Administration officials have discarded the idea of President Barack Obama himself giving an Iran-related address to rebut the two speeches Netanyahu is to deliver during his early March visit. But other options remain on the table.
Among them: a presidential interview with a prominent journalist known for coverage of the rift between Obama and Netanyahu, multiple Sunday show television appearances by senior national security aides and a pointed snub of America's leading pro-Israel lobby, which is holding its annual meeting while Netanyahu is in Washington, according to the officials. (Read more)
5. Report: Iran has direct military presence on Israel's borders - Israel Hayom
According to new report, Iran is establishing Hezbollah Syria organization and has a direct presence in Syria, particularly on Golan. A former Revolutionary Guard commander said, "Our strategic depth reaches to the Mediterranean, and over Israel's head."
Geographically, while hundreds of kilometers separate Iran and Israel, in actuality the Islamic republic is already sitting on Israel's doorstep along the northern border, especially on the Golan Heights, according to a new report by the Middle East Media Research Institute.
According to the report, Iran's deployment in Syria, specifically the presence of its forces on the Golan Heights, "at first only as command posts and a limited number of special forces, reveals a trend of Iranian activity in the region that is direct, not only by proxy as it has been to date. (Read more)
6. Iran, Hezbollah Reportedly Backing Al-Qaeda Attacks Against US Interests in the Middle East - The Algemeiner
Iran and Hezbollah have been supervising and funding fighters linked to Al-Qaeda to target US interests in Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Jordan, independent Lebanese online newspaper Naharnet reported on Sunday citing a breaking report from pan-Arab daily Asharq Al-Awsat.
Sources told Asharq Al-Awsat that Iran is playing a central role in running the affairs of Al-Qaeda, and even, surprisingly, Jabhat al-Nusra, after it has taken in a number of leading fighters in order to plan terrorist attacks against these US interests. (Read more)
7. Watch: Waqf Guard Assaults Jew on Temple Mount, Isn't Arrested - Israel National News
As Jewish visitors ascended the Temple Mount, the holiest site in Judaism, for the new month of Adar on Thursday, they were met by the now-routine heckling by Muslims along with a new low: one Jew was assaulted by a member of the Jordanian Waqf (Islamic trust) that has de facto control over the site. During the visit by members of the "Returning to the Mount" movement, the Waqf guard kicked and punched the Jew after he didn't comply with a demand to rush through his visit and leave the holy site.
The movement claims police officers who accompanied the group were witnesses to the assault, and yet the Waqf member was not arrested. Video from the shocking incident (filmed sideways) can be seen here.
8. New Likud Ad Reminds the US Opposed Foundation of Israel Too - Israel National News
Amid an ongoing confrontation over the Iran nuclear deal being formed by US President Barack Obama's administration, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has come out with a new ad saying he is not afraid of disagreement - and pointing out that the US also opposed the establishment of Israel.
"1948, (David) Ben-Gurion stands before a fateful decision: the establishment of the state of Israel. The American Secretary of State strongly opposed," recalls the ad. "Ben-Gurion, in opposition to the position of the American State Department, declares the establishment of the state."
"Would we be here today if Ben-Gurion didn't do the right thing?" poses the video, followed by the Likud slogan "only Likud. Only Netanyahu." (Read more)
9. Kerry warns of PA collapse without Israeli-withheld taxes - Times of Israel
The US fears that without a cash injection, the Palestinian Authority could collapse, entailing serious security implications for Palestinians, Israelis, and others in the region, Secretary of State John Kerry said Saturday.
He warned that the possibility of the Palestinian government halting security cooperation with Israel or disbanding because of its economic predicament was real and could have negative consequences even outside Israel and the West Bank.
"If the Palestinian Authority ceases or were to cease, security cooperation - or even decide to disband as a result of their economic predicament, and that could happen in the near future if they don't receive additional revenues - then we would be faced with yet another crisis that could also greatly impact the security of both Palestinians and Israelis," Kerry said. "And that would have the potential of serious ripple effects elsewhere in the region." (Read more)
10. Hebrew Nation News Weekly Report
To read this week's report from HNN, please go here.
News from Egypt
Egyptian Christians Honor and Celebrate the Lives
of the 21 Martyrs in This Wonderful Way
We all have seen pictures and videos of the terrible beheading of 21 Coptic Christians in Libya.
The Christian Community in Egypt gathered to celebrate, mourn and honor these Heroes and Martyr.
As you can see in the video, they start praising and worship God all together.
Question: "What is Coptic Christianity?"
Answer:"Coptic" means "Egyptian," and Christians living in Egypt identify themselves as Coptic Christians. As a denomination they originated in the city of Alexandria, one of the most faithful, respected, and fruitful cities during the Apostolic Period. Proudly, the Coptic Christians acknowledge and herald John Mark, (author of the Gospel of Mark), as their founder and first bishop sometime between A.D. 42 - A.D. 62. The Coptic Church was actually involved in the very first major split in the Church, well before there was such a thing as "Roman" Catholicism, and it was also well before the East/West split. (Christian Post)
The Good News Corner
Meet Gabriel: His Mom Aborted Him, then Changed her Mind
-That's when the Incredible Happened . . .
"It's important for those who take the deadly RU-486 drug to know that there is time to save the baby if they have a change of heart. And it's important that doctors know this simple protocol is available."
Last year, Andrea Minichini sat in a Planned Parenthood exam room in New Jersey knowing she didn't really want to swallow the deadly pill in her hand.
The doctor chided her that the pill was expensive and would melt if she didn't take it soon. This doctor-who had never seen her before-repeated what she and her boyfriend had already told themselves, that this was not the right time for a baby.
She swallowed the pill and went home with a second pill, misoprostol, that she was to take 24 hours later.
"I waited the 24 hours, and then I went to the emergency room," she said.
She was desperate to find a way to save her baby. Hospital personnel said her baby would be born "deformed" if she didn't complete the abortion.
She frantically called two ob-gyn doctors, including her own, but neither could help her.
By then she had started to bleed and had slight cramping. She thought it was too late, but a Google search led her to a story about a woman in California who had a child after her medical abortion was reversed. That story led her to a 24-hour hotline (877-558-0333), and the nurse at the hotline connected her to a pro-life doctor in Clark, NJ.
The doctor gave her progesterone injections to counteract the mifepristone, and monitored her throughout the pregnancy.
Amazingly, Gabriel David was born Dec. 31, 2014, two days before his due date and weighing in at a healthy 8 pounds, 9 ounces.
(Source: LifeSite News) Read more here.
Also reported by: Breaking Christian News
Signs and Wonders
Last days? Heavenly signs abound during Netanyahu speech
Religious leaders are warning that the United States is nearing a day of judgment based on its treatment of the nation of Israel. What's more, they say, signs in the heavens are coinciding with what is shaping up to be an unexpectedly controversial address by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on March 3 and a fiercely contested Israeli election weeks later. (Read more)
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Kenny Marchant (TX)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
by Chris Tomlin
Worship Him in Spirit and in Truth!
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!