Iowa Governor Terry E. Branstad Calls for Day of Prayer and Humble Repentance on 7-14-14
Based upon 2 Chronicles 7:14
(See our Good News section, below)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
"I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"
ALERT! Is THIS a key to our border crisis??
See The Daily Brief, Item 2, for more . . .
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:1)
The Daily Brief
1. Obama Seeks $3.7 Billion for 'Illegal Immigration' Crisis - Washington Post
President Barack Obama formally requested $3.7 billion in emergency spending from Congress to deal with the illegal immigration crisis. (Read more)
- Please pray in the Spirit over this very complicated issue. No matter how much money we invest in trying to fix this disaster, nothing will help until God's people fall on their face daily, in humble repentance, asking His mercy and forgiveness for our personal and national sins. The answer begins with us.
- "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" (I Peter 4:17)
2. What Happened to . . . the Fence? - Fox News
Immigration crisis spurs renewed calls for border barrier
Amid President Obama's $3.7 billion emergency funding request to address the immigration crisis are questions about why it didn't include more money to secure the border - and a renewed call for enforcement of The Secure Fence Act. (Read more)
- HISTORIC SNAPSHOT:
In 2003, when the Bush administration was considering reducing loan guarantees to Israel to discourage construction of the fence, then Secretary of State Colin Powell criticized the project. He said, "A nation is within its rights to put up a fence if it sees the need for one. However, in the case of the Israeli fence, we are concerned when the fence crosses over onto the land of others." (Read more)
- Holy God in heaven, we come to you on bended knee, and we ask forgiveness that we, as nation, worked to discourage Israel from securing its own border with a security fence one decade ago; and that we worked other nations from supporting that effort, too. Father, what goes around . . . comes around. We see Your Hand of justice as we gaze upon the disaster now facing our own people on our Southern Border. We repent, we ask for mercy, and we again ask for forgiveness, for we did not know what we were doing. Thank you, Abba, for hearing our prayer, and for healing our land, amen.
- "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you . . ."
[Please see also: 2 Chronicles 7:14 and Joel 2:25]
3. Obama Backs off Sending Illegal Kids Home - Worthy News
After facing criticism, the White House is no longer seeking legal authority to returning illegal immigrant children back to their home countries. (Read more)
- One day Obama keeps them here; the next day he says he will send them home. Ask forgiveness for a president who does not know what he does, but is rather like a "flag" flying in the wind, blowing first this way, then that. Lift up the standard of the Lord Jesus Christ -- His Word and His Blood - over our border crisis. His banner is fixed and true, and will never shift from its position. God will make a way for order to be restored in our land, as we seek His face and declare His truth. Amen and amen.
- "When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:19)
4. After 101 days in Mexican prison, Marine Sgt. Tahmooressi to get day in court - Fox News
On his 101st day in captivity in Mexico, Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi will finally get his day in court Wednesday before a federal judge in Tijuana. Because of delays prompted by both Mexico's unpredictable legal system and Tahmooressi's trouble settling on a lawyer, the hearing will be the first time a judge gets to hear directly from the 26-year-old veteran of two tours in Afghanistan. Although his new lawyer is urging caution, Tahmooressi's mother said the family hopes federal Judge Victor Octavio Luna Escobedo will free him.
"Andrew expressed his hope to be released on Wednesday as the judge will hear his statement and conclude non-intentional approach of the U.S.A.- Mexico border," Jill Tahmooressi said. (Read more)
- Lift up a mighty chorus of prayer and intercession on behalf of this Marine, as he faces Judge Escobedo in court today. May this be the day he is set free! In Jesus' name, amen.
- "But today I am freeing you from the chains on your wrists." (Jer. 40:4)
5. Vials of smallpox virus found where they shouldn't have been: CDC - Washington Times
The Centers for Disease Control announced Tuesday that government employees found old vials labeled "variola," better known as smallpox, in an unused portion of an FDA lab in the Beltway area - a remarkable and unusual discovery because an international pact says smallpox samples may only be held at labs in Atlanta and Russia.
The National Institutes of Health reported the July 1 discovery to the appropriate division of the CDC. Employees found the vials in a storage room at the NIH campus in Bethesda, Maryland, while preparing to move the lab from the site to the FDA's main campus. Smallpox was eradicated last century after a worldwide vaccination program, with the last U.S. case occurring in 1949, according to the CDC. It is a "serious, contagious and sometimes fatal" infectious disease that produces extensive rash and fever. (Read more)
- Offer praise that these vials were discovered and that, according to news reports, the samples were not, indeed, "active" as they had been "stored" at room temperature rather than in a refrigerator. Nevertheless, if there be any other samples of this or any other infectious disease like these, Father God we ask that they also be discovered and rendered harmless in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light." (Mark 4:22)
6. Alzheimer's disease could be prevented after new blood test breakthrough - Telegraph UK
A revolutionary discovery may produce a 'blood test' that will predict if a person may develop Alzheimer's within a year. (Read more)
- Lord God, we offer praise for this report, and we ask that You would continue to guide these researchers in this quest. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding." (Prov. 2:6)
7. North Korea Fires Missiles into the Sea - Washington Times
North Korea continued development of its missile program and launched two short-range ballistic missiles into the sea, the Washington Times reported. (Read more)
- Mighty God, we cry out to You for mercy over our land, and for protection for our people. We ask that You take down the dictator now ruling North Korea, and hover over Your people who live in that land. Have mercy, O Lord, amen.
- "I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies." (Psalm 18:3)
8. (Breaking) Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision - Huffington Post
Senate Democrats are expediting legislation that would override the Supreme Court's decision in the Hobby Lobby case and compel for-profit employers to cover the full range of contraception for their employees, as required by the Affordable Care Act. The bill, which is co-authored by Sens. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Mark Udall (D-Colo.), would ban for-profit companies from refusing to cover any federally guaranteed health benefits for religious reasons, including all 20 forms of contraception detailed in the Affordable Care Act. It would preserve the contraception mandate's current exemption for churches and accommodation for non-profit religious organizations, such as certain hospitals and schools. A Senate aide told HuffPost that the bill will be introduced Wednesday morning and will go directly to the Senate floor as early as next week, without being considered in committee. (Read more)
Note: Reps. Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.), Diana Degette (D-Colo.) and Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) will introduce the companion bill in the House.
- Father God, we ask You to stop this bill in its tracks, either in the Senate or in the House. We thank You for the great victory we have now gained by the decision of the Supreme Court on behalf of our religious freedom, and we stand in prayer and repentance that this not be turned back. We ask this prayer in Jesus' name, amen.
- "This far and no further, and here shall your proud waves stop!" (Job 38:11)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"I know that YHWH is great, and our Lord is above all gods. Everything YHWH pleased, He did in the heavens and in earth, and in the seas and all deep places." (Ephesians 1:5,6)
1. Exclusive: Status Quo Changed at David's Tomb - Israel National News
In a Knesset Interior Committee meeting on Monday chaired by MK Miri Regev (Likud), it was revealed that Christians received permission to hold fixed prayers in the David's Tomb Compound, in a breach of the status quo that threatens Jewish prayer rights.
2. Israeli Universities launch project to counter academic boycotts - ICEJ News
The Committee of University Heads in Israel launched a project on Tuesday to counter the trend of academic boycotts against Israeli institutions of higher learning. "An academic boycott is an unacceptable and dangerous process contrary to the spirit of research, undermining its foundations. This is an increasingly growing phenomenon with one aim - attacking the state of Israel and the research performed within its borders," said Prof. Menahem Ben Sasson, president of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and chairman of the Committee of University Heads in Israel.
3. Arab League chief demands UNSC meeting to address Gaza - ICEJ News
Arab League Secretary General Nabil al-Arabi called a press conference on Tuesday to demand the UN Security Council hold an emergency session to address what he described as the "dangerous Israeli escalation" in Gaza. Ignoring the hundreds of rockets fired into Israel by Hamas and other terrorist organizations in the Strip, he added that "the continued attacks on Palestinian civilians by Israel is a flagrant violation of international humanitarian law, the Geneva Convention and international resolutions on occupied Palestine." Similar statements were made by Iran and several Arab governments.
4. Seventh suspect arrested in Abu Kheider murder case - ICEJ News
A seventh suspect in the murder of east Jerusalem teen Muhammad Abu Khdeir was arrested on Tuesday morning, even as a Justice Ministry official told reporters the suspects in the case will be prosecuted under terrorism laws. "Even though they are not necessarily part of a terrorist group, they will be charged as if they are due to the seriousness of the murder," the official said. Meanwhile, Wednesday saw continued tensions in eastern Jerusalem and Arab villages in the Galilee, with continued protests related to Abu Kheider's murder and other grievances, although the violence and frequency of rioting has abated somewhat since last week.
Operation Protective Edge
Operation Protective Edge: Day Two
"I pursued my enemies and overtook them, And I did not turn back until they were consumed." (Psalm 18:37)
1. Prime Minister Netanyahu Addresses His People
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu addressed the citizens of Israel Tuesday evening, as the first day of Operation Protective Edge drew to a close. "The state of Israel is in the midst of a campaign to bring back peace and security to our citizens," he said. "We will not stand for rocket fire on our cities and communities; therefore I gave instructions to widen in a meaningful way the IDF operation against the Hamas terrorists and against the terrorists of the other terror organizations in Gaza.
"I did so only after all of the attempts that were made to restore quiet went unheeded, and Hamas opted for escalation. We do not go gleefully into battle, but the security of our citizens and children comes before everything else. We will do all that is necessary so that the calm that we have experienced here in recent years continues."
The prime minister also addressed the issue of civilian casualties, following an incident in which several Palestinians were killed while being used as human shields by terrorists.
"The IDF aims its actions against Hamas terrorists and not against innocent civilians," Netanyahu stressed. "But Hamas purposely hides behind Palestinian civilians, and therefor bears responsibility when they are inadvertently hit."
2. Special Prayers for Operation Protective Edge - ISRAEL IN THE NEWS
To read this excellent list of prayer points for Operation Protective Edge,please go here.
3. Decree PSALM 18 for Israel - ISRAEL IN THE NEWS
This powerful examination of the Hebrew meanings of the words of Psalm 18 should not be missed. We thank Constance Fischer, editor of Israel in the News, for her diligent work in researching and sharing the depths of this Psalm with us. To read and to decree this psalm, please go here.
4. LIVE BLOG: Israel's Operation Protective Edge in Gaza - Jerusalem Post
To view this live blog, go here.
5. Live blog: Rockets strike open areas south of Haifa in deepest Gazan strike yet - Times of Israel
Missiles land near Zichron Yaakov, 120 kilometers north of Strip; rockets shot down near Tel Aviv, elsewhere; Hamas, Islamic Jihad leadership sought in latest bombardments; Gaza death toll rises amid Israeli strikes.
Hard-line Likud MK Danny Danon says Israel should "stop the supply of electricity and fuel to the Gaza Strip immediately. It cannot be that on the one hand we fight Hamas, and on the other hand we transfer electricity and fuel for the transport of missiles launched at Israeli cities."
"In the campaign against Hamas, we need to use all the levers we have in our hands in order to make it ask for a ceasefire," he continues.
6. Peres says Gaza ground offensive 'may happen quite soon' - Times of Israel
Abbas accuses Israel of 'genocide'; rockets land near Zichron Yaakov, 120 km north of Strip, lightly injuring one; others shot down near Tel Aviv; Gaza death toll rises amid Israeli raids. (Read more)
7. Top Obama official blasts Israel for denying Palestinians sovereignty, security, dignity - Times of Israel
Israel's ongoing occupation of the West Bank is wrong and leads to regional instability and dehumanization of Palestinians, a top American government official said Tuesday in Tel Aviv, hinting that the current Israeli government is not committed to peace.
In an unusually harsh major foreign policy address, Philip Gordon, a special assistant to US President Barack Obama and the White House coordinator for the Middle East, appealed to Israeli and Palestinian leaders to make the compromises needed to reach a permanent peace agreement. Jerusalem "should not take for granted the opportunity to negotiate" such a treaty with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, who has proven to be a reliable partner, Gordon said.
"Israel confronts an undeniable reality: It cannot maintain military control of another people indefinitely. Doing so is not only wrong but a recipe for resentment and recurring instability," Gordon said. "It will embolden extremists on both sides, tear at Israel's democratic fabric and feed mutual dehumanization." (Read more)
8. Netanyahu decides to expand Gaza operation, orders preparations for ground offensive - Jerusalem Post
Following high level security deliberations Tuesday morning Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu decided to expand the military operation in Gaza, including beginning preparations for a ground operation. (Read more)
The Daily Jot
The prophetic impact of one man
The headlines across the world are talking about the thousands of illegals pouring over the border between Mexico and the United States, and the Hamas rockets hitting Tel Aviv and Jerusalem from Gaza. These events on the surface seem unrelated. Truth of the matter is, however, that one man has opened the door to both. He is the president of the United States. His refusal to secure the US border by breaking immigration and security laws has emboldened gangs, terrorists, and criminals to enter the US with impunity. His support of the Muslim Brotherhood directly, and al Qaeda, the Taliban, and Hamas indirectly (at least publicly) has emboldened a hostile Islamic world against each other and against Israel.
The "president" appears to have deliberately created both crisis. It is as if there is a Hollywood movie script being played out in real life. The "president" wants amnesty for illegal aliens. Congress is not giving it to him. So he willingly breaks the law by allowing thousands of illegals across the borders and uses government agencies to transport them to various places around the US, further colonizing them. Accompanying them in their journey is lice, scabies, tuberculosis and other diseases. The "president" is going to Texas--refusing to visit the border--for a series of political fundraisers ($5,000-$32,400 a ticket), one of them at the house of a film director who supports illegals "taking back their land" from the US.
The "president" has stood on the sidelines and watched while his peace partner--the Palestinian Authority--has embraced the terrorist group Hamas. The "president" has supported the Muslim Brotherhood as a foreign policy partner. Hamas was formed by the Muslim Brotherhood in 1987. The Muslim Brotherhood also supports al Qaeda, the Taliban, and has ties to several terrorist groups. The "president" also released the current leader of the Islamic State (formerly ISIS) in 2009 when he shut down a prison in Iraq. His administration also helped train the Islamic State with military tactics. These efforts have emboldened Islam, have destabilized the Middle East, and have led to unrest in Israel.
Proverbs 29:2 says that "when the wicked bear rule, the people mourn." This is more a fact than it is prophecy. No US leader has accomplished what the current "president" has. In six years, he has transformed America into a mere shell of its former self. He has supported evil and evil policies openly. He has broken the law defiantly. He has caused tribulation and hardship for families around the world. He has empowered Islam and has funded it with taxpayer dollars. He has placed America in a Genesis 12:3 position, "I will bless them that bless thee (Israel), and curse him that curses thee." Are we as a people to mourn through the curses or stand against the spiritual wickedness in high places? Having done all, we should stand. It starts by having done all. He's just one man, we are many...just saying.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
An Immigration Law to Overturn
An Immigration Law to Overturn
Affects Unaccompanied Minors
Eagle Forum Urges Action to Overturn . . .
Following criticism from the amnesty crowd, President Obama has retreated on sending unaccompanied illegal children back to their home country. However, the President is making a $3.8 billion emergency supplemental request to Congress to help manage the problem instead of working to stop it. The emergency funding would go to several federal agencies, including the Departments of Justice, Homeland Security, State, and Health and Human Services for more immigration judges, additional housing facilities and border patrols agents. We are not surprised that the President is backing down from a tougher immigration policy; after all, his refusal to enforce existing laws and his promises of amnesty are the primary reason that thousands of Central Americans are trying their luck at the border, despite its dangers.
Additionally, regarding the unaccompanied minors, the William Wilberforce Act of 2008 requires that minors from non-contiguous countries be transferred into the custody of HHS instead of being expeditiously deported back to their country of origin. The bill was first introduced by former Senator Joe Biden and then pushed by Senator Dianne Feinstein, swiftly passing through the House and Senate in a 24-hour period during a lame duck session of Congress in 2008. This law prevents swift deportations and has led to crowded, unsafe conditions at the holding facilities. The Congress must demand that this law be changed so that illegal children from non-contiguous countries are treated the same as illegal children from Mexico and Canada. This change in the law is the most critical demand because it will likely stop the influx of illegal children and families. Supposedly, the Administration will be requesting this change separately, but this change should be made before the President's funding is considered.
The Senate Appropriations Committee is scheduled for a full committee hearing on Thursday of this week. The House Appropriations Committee hearing has yet to be set.
President Obama should not receive any funding until the following conditions are met:
- The 2008 law should be changed so that unaccompanied minors, regardless of their home country, are all treated the same way. This means that they are quickly interviewed by Border Patrol officers in order to determine if they can claim "credible fear" in their home country, and if they cannot, they are quickly and humanely repatriated.
Then, through the Appropriations process, these conditions should be written into law:
- No foreign aid will be sent to the sending countries until they agree to take back their citizens; and
- All extra domestic money should go to the Border Patrol and ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations to detain, process, and remove the illegal crossers. Emergency supplemental funding should NOT go to: the Department of Health and Human Services to warehouse illegals; to any agency to transport the illegals around the U.S.; and certainly not to the "charities" paid to resettle refugees across the nation.
(Source: Eagle Forum) Read more here.
A Ground Report From Iraq
A Ground Report From Iraq - VERY SERIOUS!
Report from on the ground in Iraq! This from a friend and contractor, now an eye witness in Iraq:
"Iran has sent troops across the border into Iraq. They're here! Huge stockpiles of US armor, weapons, heavy artillery, mortars, armored vehicles, tanks, the entire main weapons depot and the main helicopter base,have been captured, mostly intact, by ISIS
The largest oil field in Iraq has also been captured by ISIS. No US air strikes, and none are likely any time soon. Bumbling US State Department is providing zero support to contractors and other Americans still here.
Water, ammunition, and other critical supplies are not being delivered to what few Iraqi troops there are who have not already ripped-off their uniforms and fled.
All Americans, including me, are trying desperately to get out.
Fighting is bitter! ISIS does not take prisoners. ISIS is murdering/slaughtering captives and non-combatants alike. Like the NVA in Vietnam in the 1960s, ISIS has hit-lists with names of government officials,opposition, police military personnel. All are marked for death. The ultimate slaughter will defy imagination!
Kurds in the mountains are establishing their own state. They, correctly,have zero faith in any US-sponsored central government. No surprise!
In short, it is total chaos here. Extremely dangerous. It is the fall of Vietnam all over again!
Anyone who trusts the USA as an ally is a fool!"
(Submitted by a reliable source)
"The Murrieta Mutiny"
"The Murrieta Mutiny"
Yesterday, protestors in Murrieta, California, blocked government buses attempting to transport illegal immigrants from the Texas border to their community for processing. That marks the third time the protestors have prevented buses from reaching their destination in what some are now calling "the Murrieta Mutiny."
Today the man most responsible for this chaos is going to Texas. But President Obama is not going to tour the border or to discuss serious reforms. He's going to Austin for a series of fundraisers. One of the events will take place at the home of a filmmaker best known for movies promoting illegal immigration and mocking those in favor of border security.
Meanwhile back in Washington, the administration requested an additional $3.7 billion in emergency funding to help speed up the processing of the illegal immigrants now streaming across the border.
The response from House conservatives should be simple: "In this time of economic distress, we are perfectly willing to provide additional resources -- not to process illegal immigrants for court hearings they never show up for, but to secure the border!"
As the border chaos burst into the headlines last week, the Obama Administration was initially talking tough, vowing to expedite deportations by changing portions of our immigration laws. But under pressure from left-wing amnesty advocates, the Obama White House is now backing down.
So it seems there is one immigration law that Obama is willing to enforce -- it just happens to be a major loophole that amnesty advocates are thoroughly exploiting. (Gary Bauer)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Iowa Governor Terry E. Branstad Calls for Day of Prayer and Humble Repentance on 7-14-14
Based upon 2 Chronicles 7:14
We have word that Iowa Governor Terry E. Branstad has called for a day of prayer and humble repentance next Monday, July 14, 2014.
His official decree reads, in part:
Governors throughout history, have called for days of fasting and prayer over the condition of their state and nation, including Samuel Adams, signer of the Constitution and serving as Governor of the State of Massachusetts, "I do hereby appoint Thursday the Second Day of April next, to be observed as a Day of Public Fasting, Humiliation and Prayer throughout this Commonwealth: Calling upon the ministers of the Gospel, of every Denomination, with their respective Congregations, to assemble in that Day, and devoutly implore the Divine forgiveness of our Sins . . ."
Now therefore I, Terry E. Branstad, as Governor of the State of Iowa, do hereby invite all Iowans who choose to join in thoughtful prayer and humble repentance according to II Chronicles 7:14 in favor of our state and nation to come together on July 14, 2014.
To view this document in its entirety, including his signature and the seal of the State of Iowa, please go here.
We are encouraged to know that other states are now following suit, and we plan to have an update for you on this movement, of "7-14-14", later this week.
Please pray with us that the NATION will learn of this opportunity to come into an alignment with hearts of repentance for our wicked ways, that the Lord may, indeed, heal our land.
" . . . if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Japan's Okinawa lashed by Typhoon Neoguri
A powerful typhoon has lashed Japan's Okinawa island chain, forcing hundreds of thousands to seek shelter.
Typhoon Neoguri passed over the islands on Tuesday, bringing torrential rain and winds carrying gusts of up to 252km/h (151 mph).
Flights and some ferry services were suspended, while schools were shut. The winds uprooted trees and tore wooden buildings from their foundations.
Local officials said at least four people were injured.
About 590,000 local residents across Okinawa were advised to stay at home or move to community centres for shelter. (BBC) Read more.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Lord I Need You" - Chris Tomlin