On July 30:
SHOUT OUT for "In God We Trust"!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, July 18, 2014
"It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand, your arm, and the light of your face, for you loved them." (Psalm 44:3)
The Daily Brief
1. Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board' - Daily Mail UK
A passenger plane with 295 people on board has been shot down as it flew above eastern Ukraine, according to aviation sources.
The Malaysia Airlines plane, which was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was travelling at an altitude of 10km (6.2 miles) when it was shot down, Russia's Interfax reported.
The Boeing 777 was brought down by a Buk ground-to-air missile, an adviser to the Ukrainian interior ministry quoted by the news agency said. (Read more, and view video here.)
- Lord, we do ask for Your comfort and healing of all who lost loved ones in this incident. You know what happened and who is responsible. We again pray Your Word concerning this situation, that You would turn this darkness to light, and reveal the hidden things that need to be exposed, and flush out those who are responsible. We ask that guidelines be put in place to avoid any reoccurrence of tragedies like this. We ask for accountability, O Lord. Amen.
- "Everything that is hidden will be shown, and everything that is secret will be made known. What you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in an inner room will be shouted from the housetops." (Luke 12:2,3)
2. Monitors say access to Malaysia Airlines crash site limited - CNN
Monitors find confusion, hostility at crash site
A spokesman for 21 international monitors who on Friday visited the Malaysia Airlines crash site in eastern Ukraine said the team wasn't "given the access that we expected."
Michael Bociurkiw, spokesman for the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe team, told CNN's Christiane Amanpour the group was "only allowed access to about a 200-meter strip" for about 75 minutes at the site, which he said was guarded by armed men in uniform. "One of our top priorities was to find out what happened to the black boxes. No one was there to answer those questions," he said. (Read more)
- Lord God of hosts, we ask that full access be granted at this crash site to those who are skilled in investigating these disasters. We bind the spirit of python, that seeks to conceal all facts, and we loose the spirit of grace and truth, in Jesus name, amen.
- "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
3. Obama, GOP lawmakers place blame on Putin - CNN
Top American officials harshly criticized Russia on Friday for its continued support of pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine following the downing of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner.
President Barack Obama said Friday that Russian President Vladimir Putin has the "most control" over the situation in eastern Ukraine as intelligence indicates that rebels most likely shot down Flight 17 from an area they control with a surface-to-air missile.
Obama said the rebels' sophisticated weaponry and training needed to shoot down aircraft "is coming from Russia" and said the United States could ratchet up sanctions on Russia if it continues to support the rebels. (Read more)
- Lord God, although the evidence points tonight towards Russia being responsible for this crash, more is yet to be revealed. We ask for a thorough investigation of all matters related to the crash of Malaysia Airlines MH17, and for justice to be given to those who are responsible, when this is known. In Your Name, amen.
- "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
4. Netanyahu: IDF prepared for expansion of ground op - Times of Israel
18,000 more reservists to be called up; PM says campaign may expand; cabinet voted unanimously for land op.; rocket barrage shot down over Tel Aviv; earlier, terror tunnel attack thwarted near kibbutz. (Read more)
- As in any war situation, the news coming out of Israel, and out of Gaza, is changing constantly. Offer praise to our Lord, who is watching over Israel in love, and who is our Omniscient One. Pray in the spirit over all news related to Operation Protective Edge, and thank our Lord for His love for His people. In His Name, amen.
- "The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)
5. U.N. Finds Missiles in One of their Schools in Gaza - Worthy News
The United Nations Relief and Works Agency found some 20 rockets during a routine inspection in one of their schools in Gaza, the UN confirmed on Thursday. UNRWA strongly condemned the group or groups responsible for placing weapons in one of its schools. "This is a flagrant violation of the inviolability of its premises under international law," the UNRWA said in a statement. "This incident, which is the first of its kind in Gaza, endangered civilians including staff and put at risk UNRWA's vital mission to assist and protect Palestine refugees in Gaza," it continued. "Immediately after discovery, the Agency informed the relevant parties and successfully took all necessary measures for the removal of the objects in order to preserve the safety and security of the school." (Read more)
- O Lord God of Israel, we thank You for this revelation to the UN of these rockets hidden in a school in Gaza. May they quickly realize that this is not an "isolated incident", but rather the norm for Hamas and the PA in using their children as human shields, firing their rockets from schools and homes. We ask that the U.N. and the world, at large, will see these enemies of Israel using such cowardly methods to accomplish their goals. Expose them, Lord, and deal with them according to Your Word, and Your desire. Amen.
- "The One on the throne said to me, 'It is finished. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give free water from the spring of the water of life to anyone who is thirsty. Those who win the victory will receive this, and I will be their God, and they will be My children. But cowards, those who do evil things, who kill, who do evil magic, who worship idols, and who tell lies--all these will have a place in the lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." (Revelation 21:6-9)
6. Senate Backs Israel's Right to Self-Defense - AIPAC
Yesterday, the Senate resolutely backed Israel's right to self-defense. By unanimous consent, it passed a strong resolution spearheaded by Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), and Charles Schumer (D-NY).
The House of Representatives passed a similar resolution by unanimous consent last week, led by Reps. Steve Israel (D-NY) and Tom Cole (R-OK).
These two resolutions demonstrate the strength of the U.S.-Israel relationship, and the impact that your commitment to AIPAC and pro-Israel politics has on American policy.
- Please take a minute this weekend and thank your senators and congressman for their support for Israel, as this nation is fighting to protect its people. You may do so by going here. Thank You, Lord, for this strong stand on behalf of the land of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. We call forth a blessing upon our nation tonight, promised in Your Word, as we have blessed Israel. - "And I will bless those who bless you . . ." (Gen. 12:3)
7. Armed Citizens Gather in Michigan, Protest 'Invasion' of Illegal Immigrants - Breitbart
On July 14 citizens carrying American flags, Gadsden flags, and signs saying, "Seal Border" marched through Vassar, Michigan, in protest of the "invasion" by illegal immigrants and plans to house Central American children there.Some of those who took part in the march also carried "semi-automatic rifles." According to the Detroit News, "the demonstrators . . . marched one mile, from city hall to a social services facility that would house the young undocumented immigrants."
Tamyra Murray organized the protest. She said, "We must act. We must save America and stand up to this invasion." Building contractor Matt Krol participated in the march, saying, "We the people are standing up and saying we will not allow illegal immigration." (Read more)
- Lord, we ask You to bring order out of this chaos. We understand the frustration of the American people over this invasion that is being allowed, and perhaps, even encouraged by this administration. We ask that the people will be able to make their point without the president declaring a martial law situation, and utilizing those Fema camps throughout the nation. We humble ourselves before You, begging Your forgiveness, and Your intervention on behalf of our nation. Protect us, we pray. Amen.
"See how they are repaying us by coming to drive us out of the possession You gave us as an inheritance? Our God, will You not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you." (2 Chronicles 20: 11,12)
8. Hundreds of Vials Labeled Influenza, Dengue Found at Lab - Worthy News
Government admits more infectious diseases are in unsafe storage. The Food and Drug Administration recently uncovered over 300 additional vials containing pathogens such as dengue, influenza, and rickettsia by the same scientist that uncovered forgotten samples of smallpox raising concerns about the government's ability to contain deadly pathogens.
- Abba, we thank You for revealing the hidden things that need to be exposed and dealt with responsibly. We ask for Your wisdom to be given to our government, and specifically the FDA, in handling these dangerous and deadly diseases. We pray that new, better guidelines be created and put in place in handling these pathogens. Protect those who work with these agents to keep them from mishandling them, and protect us as a nation, we pray. Amen.
- "There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven." (Luke 21:11)
9. Tech Giant Microsoft to Lay Off 18,000 Workers - VOA
One of the world's biggest technology companies, U.S.-based Microsoft, says it plans to lay off up to 18,000 workers over the next year. The company said Thursday it is making the job cuts - amounting to 14 percent of its workforce of 127,000 - to restructure after its recent acquisition of the phone business of Finland's Nokia company. Microsoft is the world's largest software maker, but with the takeover of part of Nokia's business, it is seeking to become a major contender in the competitive cellphone market that has been dominated by South Korea's Samsung, Nokia and U.S.-based Apple. (Read more)
- Abba, this is sad news that a layoff of this magnitude is necessary at Microsoft. Our economy is ailing, as it is, and this will only add "fuel to the fire". Plus, add in the masses crossing our southern border, and are own citizens will continue to experience employment problems. We ask, Lord, that these workers will be able to find other employment commensurate with their skills and needs. May the American people realize their need for You, and seek Your face, Your solutions, and Your salvation. Amen and Amen.
- "He has made His wonderful works to be remembered; the Lord is gracious, merciful, and full of loving compassion. He has given food and provision to those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him; He will remember His covenant forever and imprint it [on His mind]." (Psalm 111:4,5)
10. U.S. Financial System Threatened by Hackers - WSJ
Four years ago, NASDAQ servers were compromised by Russian hackers that has Wall Street is becoming increasing concerned about the safety of their data, and the fear that one well-executed cyber attack could bring down the entire financial system. (Read more)
- Father, we know Your Word tells us not to trust in "uncertain riches", because they can be gone in a moment, as those who endured the "Great Depression" learned. We thank You that true riches are from You. May we all seek You, and not just the provision in Your Hand. May many seek Your Face, and find their salvation in You, in Whom they will find eternal life! In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "I do what is right and follow the path of justice. I give wealth to those who love Me, filling their houses with treasures."I, wisdom, was with the Lord when He began his work, long before He made anything else." (Proverbs 8:20-22)
11. Growing Wildfire Empties Washington Town - WND
A small north-central Washington town and a nearby hospital have been evacuated ahead of a wind-whipped wildfire that has already burned at least 35 homes, authorities said. Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said late Thursday he's heard of no injuries from the Carlton. A large, wind-whipped wildfire in rural north-central Washington destroyed an estimated 100 homes, forced the evacuation of a small town and cut power to most of the scenic Methow Valley.A spokesman for the Carlton Complex Fire, Jacob McCann, said Friday that the fire "ran quite a bit" on Thursday and officials were also able to get a better handle on its size. It blackened 260 square miles by Friday morning, up dramatically from the last estimate of 28 square miles."This is a very dynamic situation," said another fire spokesman, Dan Omdal. "Fire activity is really high. Things are changing very quickly."
- Father, we ask that these fires in Washington State would be contained, as soon as is possible, without the loss of human life, and Your beautiful creation of wildlife and forests. We also ask that You would protect homes throughout the region. We pray for an abundance of rain to quench the dry and thirsty land. May those in the paths of these fires call out to You for deliverance, and safety, and may they find their refuge in You. Give those who are fighting these fires, Your wisdom and Your protection, we pray. Amen.
- "Who does great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number, Who gives rain upon the earth and sends waters upon the fields, So that He sets on high those who are lowly, and those who mourn He lifts to safety?" (Job 5:9-11)
The Middle East in Focus
OPERATION PROTECTIVE EDGE
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"There is . . . a time for war . . ." (Eccl. 3:8)
[For all headlines, full text can be seen by placing your cursor on the source of the article]
1. 20 Hamas fighters killed, 13 captured in first hours of ground offensive - Times of Israel
2. Five notes on tunnels, re-occupation and the Hamas war - Times of Israel
3. Analysis: Hamas's war is ultimately with Egypt - Times of Israel
4. IDF FORCES Enter Gaza Strip Last Night - Unity Coalition for Israel
Exclusive footage of IDF forces entering into the Gaza Strip as a part of the ground phase of Operation Protective Edge on Thursday, July 17.
5. IDF Ground Offensive in Gaza - IDF
6. Today's News Summary, with Prayer Points Included - CHPP
7. Prayer for Members of the Israel Defense Force - Unity Coalition for Israel
He Who blessed our forefathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - may He bless the fighters of the Israel Defense Force, who stand guard over our land and the cities of our God from the border of the Lebanon to the desert of Egypt, and from the Great Sea unto the approach of the Aravah, on the land, in the air, and on the sea.
May Hashem cause the enemies who rise up against us to be struck down before them. May the Holy One, Blessed is He, preserve and rescue our fighting men from every trouble and distress and from every plague and illness, and may He send blessing and success in their every endeavor.
May He lead our enemies under their sway and may He grant them salvation and crown them with victory. And may there be fulfilled for them the verse: For it is Hashem, your God, Who goes with you to battle your enemies for you to save you. Amen.
8. Song to help children deal with rocket trauma (Source unknown)
What Israeli Schoolchildren Sing to Deal With Rockets
This song was composed by a local teacher and has been taught to hundreds of schoolchildren within firing range of Gaza's rockets to help them deal with the fear and trauma of having 15 seconds to run for cover when the Color Red siren sounds.
Shachar Bar, an art therapist who teaches in Sderot, became increasingly alarmed after seeing the thousands of children of the western Negev suffering the cumulative effects of trauma due to the ongoing barrage of Kassam rockets from Gazan Palestinians. Teachers reported the fear and panic being heightened each time the recorded alert "Color Red" sounded, giving students 15 second to run for cover. (Read more and listen to this precious song here.)
Praying over the invasion of illegal immigrants on our southern border
[Note: Recently, the Minuteman Organization put forth a call to bring 3,500 unarmed volunteers to man 2,000 miles of our southern border, protecting us from the invasion of illegal aliens now crossing that line. They are calling this project OPERATION NORMANDY - reminiscent of the time, 70 years ago last month, that the Allied forces landed on Normandy Beach, and turned back the tide of evil of Hitler's Germany.
Now, through acts of prayer and repentance, we too desire to see the end of this invasion of illegal immigrants now flooding our southern border, with our own "Operation Normandy." Below you will find headlines each day, with links to original sources, so that we can pray together point by point as we monitor these developments together. Thank you.]
This week please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE over the headlines below:
"When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:19)
1. Obama scheme makes every town a border town - WND
If your city has been seduced by the Obama administration's offer of this "free money," the illegal-alien crisis happening on the border today could be coming to your neighborhood tomorrow. This new Obama rule puts a whole new spin on the phrase, "with strings attached." (Read more)
2. Media Offered Undocumented Minors Tour, with Long List of Conditions - Texas Insider
No recording devices, No questions, No interacting with staff or children
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services invited selected media outlets to tour its Ft. Sill, Oklahoma, holding facility last week to learn first-hand about its operations. But in light of recent national attention being drawn to the federal government's handling of unaccompanied children, the proposed tour came with a long list of conditions, including . . (Read more)
3. Militia Command Center Set Up Near Texas Border to Secure Border & "Fight for National Sovereignty" - Freedom Outpost
At the end of June, an action alert went out calling for militia members to repond to the invasion of illegal immigrants along the Texas border. Now reports are coming out that they have established a command center and are preparing for a military style operation to secure the border and "fight for national sovereignty."
"We have patriots all across this country who are willing to sacrifice their time, their monies, even quit their jobs to come down and fight for freedom, liberty and national sovereignty," said Chris Davis, who is apparently the commander of the Secure Our Border Laredo Sector group. (Read more)
4. Liberal Democrats Join Forces with Mexican Invaders - Eagle Rising
As the American southwest border with Mexico is overrun by illegals, mostly children, at least one reported death, and many cases of disease, American liberals look for new ways to exploit another crisis for their benefit -- at the expense of the American taxpayer.
If liberals can just muster enough voters addicted to the narcotic of the public purse -- taking other people's money for their own benefit -- the well of votes will never go dry. At least until the borrowing has ended in bankruptcy. As anyone beyond the age of 3 understands selfishness will continue to increase once the voters discover that they can vote themselves benefits from the public treasury through the candidate most willing to give it away. Today the Democrat Party is literally giving away the country and they never miss an opportunity to pat themselves on the back for doing it.
Is there anyone left who will stand for America? Anyone willing to stand on principle? (Read more)
5. Hundreds Of Protests Planned This Weekend Across U.S. Over Border Crisis - Fox News
Hundreds of protests over the U.S. government's handling of a staggering number of unaccompanied minors from Central America who have crossed the border illegally are taking place around the country Friday and Saturday.
"The people have been silent for too long," Margaret Adelsburger, a member of Pennsylvanians for Immigration Control and Enforcement who was at the protest. "We've been invaded. It's a war." (Read more)
6. Dick Morris: Border Crisis Could 'Wipe Out' Democrats in Midterms - Newsmax
The flood of undocumented migrants into the United States might become an electoral tsunami that sweeps away Democrats in the November elections, handing control of the Senate to the GOP, political analyst Dick Morris told Newsmax TV on Thursday.
The border crisis that has now spilled over into U.S. communities is creating political conditions that could produce Republican majorities in both houses next January, Newsmax contributor Morris told "MidPoint" host Ed Berliner. (Read more)
The Daily Jot
Americans perish, president jokes
Some 23 Americans along with 272 others perished Thursday when warring military factions allegedly shot down a Malaysian Airlines jet over eastern Ukraine. But who cares? The "president" seemingly doesn't. The "president" was in Delaware to give a transportation speech when he announced the news. He said, "Before I begin, obviously the world is watching reports of a downed passenger jet near the Russia-Ukraine border. And it looks like it may be a terrible tragedy. Right now we're working to determine whether there were American citizens on board. That is our first priority." What followed was a show of lack of respect and manners, and a show of the true heart of this man.
He said, "And I've directed my national security team to stay in close contact with the Ukrainian government. The United States will offer any assistance we can to help determine what happened and why. And as a country, our thoughts and prayers are with all the families and passengers, wherever they call home. I want to thank Jeremie for that introduction. Give Jeremie a big round of applause. It is great to be in the state that gave us Joe Biden. We've got actually some better-looking Bidens with us here today. We've got Beau and his wife, Hallie, are here. Give them a big round of applause. We love them." Then there were more jokes...to great applause and laughter.
Acknowledging Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, he said: "Jack Lew's signature is actually on your money, although it's kind of illegible. We teased him when he first became treasury secretary that he was going to have to fix his signature a little bit because it looked just like a caterpillar running along the bottom." And then he launched into a bragging session about how many jobs he has created, and how those nasty Republicans were getting in the way of creating good union jobs and causing gridlock in rebuilding the national highway system. He said, "That's what right now Republicans in Congress don't seem to be focused on. But until they do get focused on it, I'm going to do whatever I can to create jobs rebuilding America on my own.
From the official White House transcript there was no solemn moment for the victims of the plane crash. No more mention of the tragedy--just jokes and blame and self aggrandizing. Jesus said in Matthew 7:15-16, "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. You shall know them by their fruits." Jesus said in Matthew 12:34-35, "for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart brings forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things." This is a "president" of division, lies, irreverence, pride, ego, deception and delusion. Not judging, just telling it like it is.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Senate Rejects Birth-Control Bill
Birth-Control Insurance Bill Rejected by U.S. Senate
"The U.S. Senate turned back a Democratic proposal requiring for-profit companies to provide workers with insurance coverage for birth control even if the employer has religious objections. Senators voted 56-43, with 60 required, not to advance the measure, which seeks to reverse the U.S. Supreme Court ruling involving the craft-store chain Hobby Lobby Stores Inc. . . .
"We are going to vote again on this issue before this year is out," Reid said at a news conference after the vote. . . .
Senate Democrats developed the legislation in consultation with the Obama administration. Republicans accused Democrats of threatening employers' religious liberty in an attempt to distract from harm to women that Republicans say is caused by the health-care law, known as Obamacare. "When it comes to decisions about contraception, both parties believe a woman should be able to make her own decisions," Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said today on the Senate floor." (Bloomberg) Read more.
Tenth Circuit Overrules Utah, Oklahoma on Marriage
Divided 10th Circuit Sweeps Away Democratic Right of Utah, Oklahoma Voters
July 18, 2014
Today a divided 10th Circuit Court of Appeals panel struck down Oklahoma's marriage amendment. Last month the same appeals panel also struck down Utah's constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of a man and woman. Family Research Council President Tony Perkins released the following comments:
"Two appeals court judges in imposing marriage redefinition have substituted their own ideology for the right of the people to preserve marriage. This divided court has swept away the 1,668,513 voters in Utah and Oklahoma who exercised their democratic right to preserve marriage in their respective state constitutions.
"A strong dissent by Judge Paul Kelly notes that there is nothing in the 'earlier cases suggesting that marriage has historically been defined as only an emotional union among willing adults.' He writes that marriage between a man and woman is much more than that and benefits society through strengthening families and communities. In his previous dissent, he noted that imposing marriage redefinition 'turns the notion of a limited national government on its head.' Judge Kelly is exactly right. Voters have a right to preserve natural marriage as the best means of providing what every child deserves: a mom and dad.
"The Left has long believed packing the federal courts with liberal jurists is the means of fulfilling a radical social agenda, as the American people refuse to endorse that agenda at the polls or through their elected representatives. However, by such a radical departure from natural law and human history, these activist judges are undermining the legitimacy of the courts in the eyes of a majority of Americans. These judges may want to take America over the cultural cliff, but don't be surprised when more and more Americans refuse to follow," concluded Perkins.
"In God We Trust"
Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation Sponsors a Shout Out for National Motto on July 30
In God We Trust "Shout Out" Reaching Millions
In response to a growing movement to display America's national motto in government buildings, courtrooms, city council rooms, schools and businesses, INGODWETRUST.com announces a social media "shout-out" with this message: "In God We Still Trust." Everyone who signs up now will automatically share the exact same message at the exact same time, reaching millions of people with one voice on July 30.
. . . On July 30, the anniversary of the day in 1956 when President Eisenhower signed into law the creation of the phrase as our national motto, citizens are invited to add their voices to a national social media "shout out" which will reach millions of people on one day with the message "In God We Trust." To participate, go to www.INGODWETRUST.com.
Lea Carawan, Executive Director of the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation, the organization behind a nationwide "In God We Trust. Put It Up!" campaign, describes the campaign as "part of a proactive strategy spearheaded by national and state government leaders to protect God's enduring and rightful place in America."
Congressman J. Randy Forbes (VA), a key proponent of the 2011 House resolution which re-affirmed the national motto commented, "It is not just a reaffirmation of four words. It is a reaffirmation of the American spirit and a recomitment to the principles that define our nation." (Read more here)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Find Out How A Toy Car Was the Inspiration behind
Israel's Highly Successful Iron Dome Missile Defense
Here are 15 facts you may not know about the Iron Dome system-(reprinted via Israel21c):
1. Iron Dome is the world's only dual mission system that provides an effective defense solution for countering rockets, artillery and mortars as well as aircraft, helicopters, UAVs and PGMs. It can detect and intercept rockets and artillery shells headed for population centers within a 43.4-mile (70-kilometer) range. An Iron Dome defense system missile intercepts a rocket fired at Jerusalem from Gaza last Thursday.
2. A toy car sold by Toys R Us inspired developers in building the Iron Dome. One of the leading developers recently told Hayadan, the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology's magazine, that due to schedule and budget constraints, some of the missile components were taken from a toy car he had bought for his son at a local Toys R Us store.
3. The Iron Dome system was designed to be operated easily by an average woman soldier 160 centimeters in height and 48 kilograms in weight, according to Hayadan.
4. Iron Dome can handle multiple threats simultaneously and efficiently. The system only intercepts an incoming rocket if it is deemed a critical threat. A unique interceptor with a special warhead detonates any target in the air within seconds.
5. The cost of launching a missile from the Iron Dome at a threatening rocket has been reported to cost anywhere from $20,000 to $100,000. The rockets fired by terror groups at Israel are estimated to cost between a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.
6. It took less than four years to develop the Iron Dome system from an idea to the drawing board to combat readiness. In 2007, a year after the Second Lebanon War, then Defense Minister Amir Peretz chose the Iron Dome to be developed as Israel's defensive answer. In March 2011, the Iron Dome was declared operational. In April that year, the advanced missile interception system successfully shot down its first Grad rockets fired by Hamas from the Gaza Strip at Israel.
7. When the Iron Dome system was chosen to be developed into Israel's defensive solution against short-range rockets, many critics predicted it would never work. One of the project leaders said: "We knew that eventually our critics would get our response, which came in April when the first operational deployment destroyed eight out of eight rockets aimed at Ashkelon and Beersheba." Indeed, the strange-looking battery contraption was hailed as the hero of Operation Pillar of Defense. Today, operators of the system report a best-in-the-world 90 percent success rate.
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
New USGS study suggests 42 states at risk of damaging earthquakes
A NEW STUDY by the US Geological Survey suggests 42 states have a reasonable chance of experiencing damaging ground shaking from an earthquake in the next 50 years. (Fox News) Read more here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Keith and Kristyn Getty - "Still My Soul"