Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
"It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand, your arm, and the light of your face, for you loved them." (Psalm 44:3)
The Daily Brief
1. BREAKING - YES, THEN NO: Hamas rejects Gaza cease-fire after Israel approves it - Fox News
A SENIOR HAMAS official tells the Associated Press that the Islamic militant group has rejected a proposed cease-fire in the Gaza Strip minutes after Israel's Security Cabinet approved the truce. (Read more)
- Hamas is now showing its true colors. Having at first demanded a cease-fire, and then seeing it offered, this terrorist organization once again demonstrates that it lies continually and cannot be trusted. Continue to cover P.M. Netanyahu, the leadership of the IDF and the IAF, and all Israelis in uniform (land, sea and air) as they continue to wage war for freedom and for peace. Our prayers are making a difference!
- "This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's." (2 Chronicles 20:15)
2. Obama's $3.7 Billion Request for Border Crisis Shot Down - Worthy News
Republican lawmakers called President Barack Obama's $3.7 billion plan to deal with the illegal immigration crisis along the U.S.-Mexico border a 'blank check' proposal and requested the White House to send National Guard troops to secure the border.
- Lord God, we thank You that Congress is challenging the president on this policy and instead demanding that troops be sent to our border to secure it. We ask that You infuse each member of the House and the Senate with your very strength as they continue to take a stand for our national defense along that border. Thank You, Lord, in Your name, amen.
- "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)
3. Globalist Think Tank: North American Community "Will Be Forged in the Heat of Conflict" - Old Thinker News
The current influx of illegal immigrants into the United States has caught many by surprise, but globalist think tanks have eagerly awaited an event like this for many years.
- Lord God, in Your name, we come against the plans of men for our nation's destiny that do not align with Your will, and we lift up Your plan for our land to come forth. We cancel all plans the enemy might have planned against us, that would deprive us of our sovereignty, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Devise your strategy, but it will be thwarted; propose your plan, but it will not stand, for God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
4. Left Moves to Outlaw Christianity - Right Side News
The mask is off. All pretense has been dropped, and the anti-Christian left's boundless depth of hatred for individual liberty, our First Amendment and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) is now on full display.
- Father, we pray no weapon formed against us shall prosper from the brewing attack from the left. We know the recent Hobby Lobby victory has the left fuming. Let their plans boomerang back on them. In Jesus Name.
- no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD. (Isaiah 54:17)
5. As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come - Reuters
World financial markets became reacquainted with fear last week, and even if it was short-lived, the ructions in some riskier assets looked to some like a precursor to a much rougher ride down the road.
- Father, we pray for our financial markets. We have heard disturbing reports of what is to come. We place our trust in You and Your provision.
- People couldn't see each other, and no one went anywhere for three days. But all the Israelites had light where they were living. (Exodus 10:23)
6. Court challenge for ultimate 'Big Brother' - WND
The "Named Person" initiative, the Institute has explained, would "see a state guardian assigned to every child between birth and 18-years-old."
- Father, we pray this Scottish plan in the United Kingdom to undermine parents' authority will fail. We declare victory to the Christian group that has challenged this law.
- The eye that mocks a father and scorns to obey a mother will be picked out by the ravens of the valley and eaten by the vultures. (Proverbs 30:17)
7. BRICS bank: 5 emerging powers to announce alternatives to IMF, World Bank - CTV News
Fed up with U.S. dominance of the global financial system, five emerging market powers this week will launch their own versions of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund. Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa --the so-called BRICS countries -- are seeking "alternatives to the existing world order," said Harold Trinkunas, director of the Latin America Initiative at the Brookings Institution.
At a summit Tuesday through Thursday in Brazil, the five countries will unveil a $100 billion fund to fight financial crises, their version of the IMF. They will also launch a World Bank alternative, a new bank that will make loans for infrastructure projects across the developing world. The five countries will invest equally in the lender, tentatively called the New Development Bank. Other countries may join later. (Read more)
- As our people are preoccupied with the crisis on our southern border, it will be easy for this news to slip past most of us, unheeded. In effect, this report is heralding a new global economic order . . . one in which the U.S. will not be included. Stand in the gap for our nation and for our economy. In this hour of judgment, may we yet know the mercy heart of God. Amen.
- "LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD. Repeat them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy." (Habakkuk 3:2)
8. 6.5 Earthquake Strikes Japan Near Fukushima: Residents Warned to 'Leave the Coast Immediately' - Worthy News
A powerful 6.5-magnitude earthquake struck the east coast of Japan and triggered a tsunami warning near the site of the Fukushima nuclear power facility -- the epicenter of a nuclear crisis following a massive 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
- We praise the Lord that, although a tsunami alert was triggered after this quake, nothing came of it. We ask our Lord to continue to place His hand upon the people of Japan, and the nuclear reactor at Fukushima, even as He draws them to Himself unto salvation. In His Name, amen.
- "Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
The Middle East in Focus
OPERATION PROTECTIVE EDGE: DAY EIGHT
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"There is . . . a time for war . . ." (Eccl. 3:8)
1. The Hidden Truth Behind the Israel/Hamas Conflict - USRPN (Cindy Jacobs)
A Phone Conversation with US Israeli Ambassador Meir Sholmo
To read the text of this phone conversation, and the prayer requests that follow from USRPN, go here.
2. Prayer Update From Israel (July 14, 2014) - From Martin and Norma Sarvis in Jerusalem From Israel.pdf">Go here.
3. Cabinet to meet on Egyptian cease-fire plan Tuesday morning; Right-wing MKs decry ceasefire rumors - Times of Israel
Hamas fires on an IDF tank on Gaza border, but fails to destroy it. The Islamist terror group fires primarily on southern Israel and coastal cities south of Tel Aviv. Meanwhile, Egypt intensifies its ceasefire efforts. A soldier is hurt by shrapnel after a mortar shell hits in the Eshkol Regional Council. Palestinian reports say at least 175 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli airstrikes.
Deputy Defense Minister Danny Danon says the Egyptian ceasefire proposal is "a slap in the face of the citizens of Israel."
Jewish Home MK Ayelet Shaked says halting the offensive without damaging tunnels and rockets would mean Israel is "caving in" to Hamas.
Meanwhile, MK Miri Regev (Likud) says the agreement "is a danger to the security of the state of Israel and its citizens." (Read more)
4. Iran celebrates use of rockets supplied to Hamas: 'All Zionists are within the range of the resistance's missiles' - Free Beacon
Iranian military leaders on Monday celebrated Hamas' use of advanced long-range rockets that were supplied to the terror group by the Iranian regime.
Iran's role in arming Hamas militants with more sophisticated artillery capable of reaching deep into Israel has fueled concerns among lawmakers that U.S. negotiators are not doing enough to address Iran's support for terror during ongoing nuclear discussions.
A Senior Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) general praised Hamas' rocket attacks on Monday and warned that between Hamas and other Iranian-backed terror groups, "all Zionists are within the range of the resistance's missiles."
"The defense capacity and capabilities of the Islamic resistance and Hamas forces has left no safe place for the Zionists in the occupied territories," General Ramezan Sharif, head of the IRGC's public relations department, said in public remarks Monday. (Read more)
5. IAF intensifies strikes as rocket barrage continues - Jerusalem Post
Thousands comply with IDF request to flee northern Gaza; Military source: Operation's goal is to restore quiet, not topple Hamas; IDF works to ensure calm in the West Bank and Lebanon.
Sustained rocket fire from Gaza continued throughout Sunday, and the Israel Air Force struck some 100 targets across the Strip.
On Sunday evening, five rockets were intercepted over Ashdod, and sirens rang out in Modi'in and Jerusalem. Some 80 rockets were shot at Israel throughout the day, and Iron Dome intercepted 13 incoming projectiles heading to built-up areas. (Read more)
6. Netanyahu giving no indication when Gaza operation will end - Jerusalem Post
Germany's foreign minister to arrive on Tuesday as ceasefire calls continue; Kerry speaks with Netanyahu by phone saying US is "concerned about escalating tensions on the ground" in Gaza. As the sixth day of Operation Protective Edge came to a close Sunday evening, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gave no indication of whether the campaign was nearing its end or whether Israel is on the verge of a ground operation.
The security cabinet met Sunday evening, as it has on an almost daily basis since the campaign began, with the options on the table ranging from sending IDF troops into Gaza to working with a third party - such as the US, Egypt, Qatar, or Turkey - to broker a cease-fire, to a unilateral cease-fire to gauge how Hamas reacts. Earlier in the day, at the weekly cabinet meeting, Netanyahu said the operation "could yet take a long time."
Praying over the invasion of illegal immigrants on our southern border
This week please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE over the headlines below: "When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:19)
[Please note: not all headlines in this section are followed by prayers . . .]
1. Governors wary of White House plan to place immigrant children with states - Fox News
- Thank You, God, for answering our prayers, and that the governors of our states are not going to simply receive these children, but instead will think through the consequences and reject this action. Grant them strength, protection, and boldness to "JUST SAY NO" to this influx of illegal immigrants of all ages. In Your Name, amen.
- "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. " (Isaiah 41:10)
2. GOP opposition grows to Obama's billion-dollar request to fix immigration, border crisis - Fox News
- Thank You, Lord, that Congress is thinking twice before funding this request. Please grant them wisdom, in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning." (Dan. 2:21)
3. Bill would speed removals of Central American kids - Fox News
Two Texas lawmakers are teaming up on a bill to speed removals of the unaccompanied Central American kids who've been arriving by the tens of thousands at the U.S.-Mexico border. The legislation by Sen. John Cornyn, a Republican, and Rep. Henry Cuellar, a Democrat, would allow Border Patrol agents to turn many of the kids around quickly at the border.
- Father God, we thank You for this legislation, introduced by both a Republican and a Democrat, from both sides of the Hill, and from the State of Texas. We ask that You will cause Your light to shine upon this bill, and that it would find so much favor with the entire Congress that it will be fast-tracked through committees and to the President's desk for signature. We ask this in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Phil. 1:6)
4. U.N. seeking to intervene in U.S. border crisis - WND
Global body would protect illegals as 'refugees'
> > > Please see full article and prayers on today's Brief . . .
5. Krauthammer: US cannot treat illegal immigrants as refugees - Fox News
Charles Krauthammer said Monday on "Special Report with Bret Baier" that the U.S. cannot treat the thousands of illegal immigrants flooding across the border as refugees because that would only be "importing the problem" from their home countries. Importing the problem into the US is, to me, unacceptable," he said, "because it means we don't have a border."
6. NEW EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Illegal immigrants pouring in from Central America - Fox News
7. Endless wave of illegal immigrants floods Rio Grande valley - Fox News
Life jackets of all sizes and the occasional punctured raft are strewn along the banks of the Rio Grande, just south of Mission, Texas, where a relentless onslaught of illegal immigrants eagerly surrender to beleaguered Border Patrol agents around the clock.
"You're going to be out here a long time. There are thousands of us." - Fernando, El Salvadoran child apprehended at the Mexican border.
The Daily Jot
Mr. Holder, disagreeing a racist does not make
Monday, July 14
It's really not about mismanagement, breaking the law, refusing to enforce the law, spending more than you have, supporting terrorists, refusing to secure the borders, selling weapons to Mexican drug cartels, spying on Americans, militarizing the local law enforcement, or a plethora of other executive orders and government actions that oppress Americans . . . really, it's not. It's that if you disagree with the current president and his minions, you are a racist. This according to the chief law(less) enforcement officer of the United States, Attorney General Eric Holder. Yep, all you Christians who are pro-life, pro-marriage, pro-Constitution, well, you are racists from Holder's worldview.
Keep in mind that a key "progressive" (that's code these days for the non-politically correct term of "communist") strategic fundamental is class warfare--dividing people by class or race to achieve and maintain power. The current administration has been expert at it, pitting Americans against Americans from its earliest release of Homeland Security's report that those who are pro-life, pro-marriage, pro-second amendment, and love Jesus are suspect as potential terrorists or extreme radicals. Holder's thought process is no different. He is the chief enforcer of the "president's" dismantling of America the Republic and the remaking of our country into a socialist democracy.
The Hill reports that Holder said that he and his "president" have been targets of a racial animus by some of the administration's political opponents. He told ABC, "There's a certain level of vehemence, it seems to me, that's directed at me [and] directed at the president. You know, people talking about taking their country back . . . There's a certain racial component to this for some people. I don't think this is the thing that is a main driver, but for some there's a racial animus." Holder said, for example, that efforts to require voter identification impacts "Young people, African Americans, Hispanics, older people, people who, for whatever reason, aren't necessarily supportive of the Republican Party."
Holder and the "president" need to understand that Americans in general are good people trying to do the right thing. They don't like murderers, crooks, deceivers, traitors, and the malevolent. Those of us who have been persecuted the most by this administration--socially and fiscally conservative Christian Americans--hardly consider race an issue. We are forming our opinions based on the content of character rather than the color of skin. We disagree because we know these men are doing evil to our nation and to our families. As in Daniel 5:27, they have been "weighed in the balances, and are found wanting." Beware Mr Holder and your lot--As in Proverbs 16:2, " All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weighs the spirits."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Border Backlash Grows
Border Backlash Grows
Some Democrat strategists are beginning to question the conventional wisdom that their party has a winning issue in so-called comprehensive immigration reform. One liberal operative said, "Democrats talk about the morality of rescuing these kids from Central America. At the same time, what about the kids fleeing small-town and rural America because there are no economic opportunities?" That is a question many well-meaning Americans are asking too.
The fact that thousands of women and children are streaming across the border, forcing the Obama Administration to ask for billions of additional taxpayer dollars, demonstrates beyond any doubt that our borders are not secure. What's happening on the southern border goes beyond politics and immigration reform.
We can debate whether immigration levels should go up or down. We can debate whether so-called "Dreamers" deserve a pathway to citizenship. But as former Reagan speechwriter Peggy Noonan asked in a recent column, "Is a nation without borders a nation?" History teaches that the answer is "No."
If America effectively ceases to be a nation, the humanitarian crisis at the border will be just the beginning of the human suffering. (Gary Bauer)
And now: the U.N.
U.N. seeking to intervene in U.S. border crisis
Global body would protect illegals as 'refugees'
UNITED NATIONS - Representatives of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, the UNHRC, are "intensely discussing in meetings" the possibility of extending U.N. protection to the thousands of Central Americans crossing the U.S. border with Mexico illegally by defining them as "refugees" who are seeking asylum from political and domestic violence in their home nations, WND has confirmed.
Officials privy to the U.N. discussions have explained to WND it's "a tricky situation," because the Central American immigrants are not part of any group the U.N. has designated as victims of political or religious persecution.
A UNHCR official confirmed Monday to WND via email that a 10-nation meeting in Nicaragua of ministers of the interior from the U.S., Mexico and various Central American countries was held Thursday and Friday.
The ministers, according to preliminary reports obtained by WND, concluded the Central American illegal aliens are "refugees" deserving international protection under the auspices of the U.N. as they seek asylum in the U.S. The ministers cited the U.N.'s 30-year-old declaration on the rights of refugees.
Attending the meeting were UNHRC representatives, as well as representatives of SICA, the El Salvador-headquartered non-government organization known in English as Central American Integration System. The group was endorsed by the U.N. General Assembly in a resolution Dec. 10, 1993, to create regional bodies and institutions authorized to interact with the U.N. officially in an effort to unify Central American states politically and economically.
On Monday, the UNHRC in Colombia notified WND the U.N. would issue a press release Tuesday afternoon on last week's 10-nation meeting in Nicaragua, after receiving comments from SICA and the host country.
In 1991, SICA was created by Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama, with Belize becoming a full member in 2013. SICA includes the U.S., Mexico, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Ecuador, Uruguay and Colombia as regional observers.
(WorldNetDaily) Read more here.
- Lord God Almighty in Heaven, we appeal to You, the Judge of the SUPREME COURT, to rule in this situation. We know that it is YOU, and not man, who determines the boundaries of the nations, and we rest in the fact that our nation IS "one nation under GOD," amen.
We come against any plot, agenda or evil scheme that would seek to dismantle our borders and violate the sovereignty of this great nation. Lord God, we are great, because You are great . . . and we look to You for guidance day by day. We ask for Your Hand of mercy to rest upon us, and to send forth Your angels to protect our legal borders. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
- "He is the God who avenges me, who subdues nations under me, who saves me from my enemies." (Psalm 18: 47,48)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Church Receives Influx of Children from Border Crisis and Thousands Come to Christ
"A lot of these young people, from what it appears to me, have an evangelical background. They have a strong faith in God."
(San Antonio, TX)-While pastors and churches are reportedly being denied access to help the thousands of children waiting in several border detention facilities; those who have been processed and who have sought out churches, are hearing the Gospel and responding.
Pastor Dan Trevino, an associate pastor at Baptist Temple in San Antonio, Texas, told CBN News that he was "preaching to hundreds of kids at a time," and that over 2,000 of them have made decisions for Christ.
He says he's been sharing Joshua 1:9 with them all in Spanish as a "message of hope and encouragement... that God will always be with them."
Joshua 1:9 reads: "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
Trevino said in a CBN interview, "A lot of these young people, from what it appears to me, have an evangelical background. They have a strong faith in God, and believe in God; so I try to take it a step further... believing in Jesus as their Lord and Savior and Master."
Source: Breaking Christian News
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Earthquakes Swarm the Brooks Range
June 9, 2014
An "earthquake swarm" is hitting the Brooks Range. Seismologists do not know why it is occurring or if it will continue.
Friday night a 5.5 magnitude earthquake struck 20 miles northeast of Noatak. This is the third 5.5 quake that has struck the same area in the past two months.
Michael West is the Director of the Alaska Earthquake Information Center and said, "We are now referring to this as an 'earthquake swarm.' That is there's something in the earth that is causing a whole series of earthquakes of similar size. It really is quite unusual to have this in that kind of setting."
West said earthquake swarms are common around volcanoes. But with no volcanoes in the Brooks Range, this seismic swarm is raising questions for seismologists nationwide.
"At the moment," West said, "we are not aware of a similar kind of sequence like this that has ever really occurred in the Brooks Range or in Western Alaska."
West says the Earthquake Center does not know what is causing the swarm. But it does know the quakes all ruptured from the same type of fault and are all moving in the same direction.
"All of these are the same type of motion. And that certainly tells us that there is a weak zone. There is clearly a fault system that we have previously not been very aware of in this area," West said.
Last month, technicians installed temporary seismic stations in Noatak and Kotzebue after the second major quake hit the area. West says the data will allow seismologists to "see inside the fault," and the stations are recording hundreds of aftershocks, helping seismologists better understand what is happening beneath the Brooks Range. (Alaska Public Media) Read more.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Casting Crowns - "At Your Feet"