More States Joining Call for Repentance on 7-14-14. See the Good News section for details.
BULLETIN!! Minutemen to Launch OPERATION NORMANDY to patrol the southern border!
Go here for details.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, July 11, 2014
"I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8)
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:1)
The Daily Brief
1. US Defense Secretary Calls ISIL Imminent Threat - VOA
The top U.S. defense official says the world should not underestimate the threat posed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Speaking with sailors during a visit to Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay in the southern U.S. state of Georgia, U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel did not hold back when asked about renewed American involvement in Iraq. "ISIL may not appear to be an imminent threat to the United States. It is a threat to the United States.
- Lord of Hosts, we come to You as Our God, and our Protector. You are the Author and Source of all Life, and You are our Salvation! We thank You that our Defense Secretary has publicly acknowledged the threat to all civilized human beings, and to our nation, regarding this very real threat from these super-radical Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. We ask, Father, again, for Your wisdom to be given to all our government leaders, the Cabinet, and the Congress, Military, Executive and Judicial arms of our nation. We bind up these evil forces that would desire world domination, and evil! We ask You to cut them off . . . may they be unable to stand against Your angelic hosts, and Your warriors. We do ask for Your protection, and the destruction of those who choose violence and set themselves against You and Your people. Amen.
- "Pick up the shield and armor. Rise up and help me. Lift up Your spears, both large and small, against those who chase me. Tell me, 'I will save you'. Make those who want to kill me be ashamed and disgraced. Make those who plan to harm me turn back and run away." (Psalm 35:2-4)
2. Obama: Congress Can Solve Immigration Crisis - NPR
President Obama said Wednesday that Congress has the ability to address the problem of thousands of unaccompanied children and teenagers illegally crossing the border from Mexico into the U.S.
"Right now, Congress has the capacity to work with us, work with state officials, local officials and faith-based groups and non-for-profits who are helping to care for these kids," he said in Dallas.
Obama added that it is unlikely the minors will be allowed to stay in the U.S. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that You bring a revelation to President Obama, that you cannot "fix the problem" by throwing money at it. It is so obvious that this "crisis" has been perpetrated and engineered by him and his underlings. Thousands of children and families do not suddenly appear at the border overnight..there had to be planning. We ask, Lord, that You will reveal those things done in secret to be shone to all of us, and that there would be accountability for those who have plotted this situation. We ask that the American people would realize what is really happening here, and put a stop to it. We know our economy is already weak, so we ask that You reveal to Congress what measures can be taken to deal with this situation in the most cost-effective way possible. Thank You. Amen.
- "Wisdom is a shelter as money is a shelter, but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves those who have it." (Ecclesiastes 12:2)
3. Obama Dismisses Lawsuit; Asks Cabinet for Ways to Exert Executive Power - Worthy News
U.S. House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) brought a lawsuit against the White House last week which accused the administration of unconstitutional overreach of its executive authority, to which the President mockingly responded saying, "So sue me." Later in the day, President Obama asked his cabinet to search for ways the White House could use its executive authority to bypass Congress and push his agenda without the legislative body.
- Lord, we are amazed at this man's arrogance, and we ask that he encounter You, and Your wisdom. He cannot see his own folly. He looks for ways to avoid accountability and violate laws and the Constitution, which he vowed he would follow, when he was inaugurated. We know Your heart is grieved, as is ours. We ask that You fulfill Your Word, in that You will humble the proud, and raise up the humble. He is also trying to find a way around the Supreme Court's decision concerning his healthcare "mandate". We ask that all "loopholes" be closed to this man in his lawlessness. Abba, we ask that You would give us a humble President, who would know the "fear of the Lord", and submit himself to You, we pray. Amen.
- "To the boastful I say, "Do not boast!" and to the wicket, "Don't flaunt your strength! Don't flaunt your strength so proudly; don't speak arrogantly, with your nose in the air!" (Psalm 75:4-6)
4. Judge Orders Feds to Find Lerner's Hard Drive - WND
Federal judges have delivered a one-two punch to the midsection of the IRS on consecutive days in court. As WND reported exclusively, on Thursday, a federal judge ordered the IRS to explain, under oath, exactly what happened to the missing emails of former IRS tax-exempt division chief Lois Lerner.
Friday, a different judge in the same District Court said he will order federal investigators to find Lerner's missing computer hard drive that the IRS claims was recycled, and presumably destroyed. US. District Judge Reggie B. Walton wants Treasury Department investigators to tell him whatever they know about the hard drive that Lerner says malfunctioned and destroyed two years of emails sought by congressional investigators .Walton said he will issue an order by the end of Friday demanding to know in one week: The serial number of Lerner's hard drive. Where it is now. What state it is in. A timetable for efforts to retrieve emails and information from it.
- Father, we thank You that the Judge is "holding her feet to the fire" to explain why Ms. Lerner has "lost" two years of e-mails, which certainly "smacks" of a cover-up. We thank You for exposing these under-handed, "under the table" deals, which this Administration seems to excel all others. We know You desire truth, and You are the Truth. We thank You that You have come to expose the works of darkness, and to bring light to the dark corners of our hearts. We praise You, and ask that You will continue to expose that which needs to be known. Amen.
- "Nothing is [so closely] covered up that it will not be revealed, or hidden that it will not be known. Whatever you have spoken in the darkness shall be heard and listened to in the light, and what you have whispered in [people's] ears and behind closed doors will be proclaimed upon the housetops." (Luke 12:2,3)
5. Geophysicists Concerned as Oklahoma's Earthquake Total Surpasses California's - Accuweather.com
Frequent, rumbling tremors beneath the earth may be a common occurrence in California, but Oklahoma has now surpassed the state in the number of earthquakes felt this year-a trend that is surprising geophysicists and raising concern. "It is actually very surprising to us as well," Pasadena, California-based U.S. Geological Survey Geophysicist Elizabeth Cochran said. Between 1975 and 2008, only an average of two earthquakes with a magnitude of 3.0 or greater would occur each year in Oklahoma. Since 2009, the number of quakes has climbed exponentially, and there are no signs of slowing."There has been a dramatic increase in that time," Cochran said. "We're seeing a very steep increase with 183 quakes occurring in a six-month period." (Read more)
- Abba, we bring this situation to You and ask for wisdom for the geophysicists, and the people of Oklahoma, and the entire nation . . . for all would be affected by a significant earthquake in this location in mid-America. Father, we think of Your warnings, that if we divide Your Land (Israel), You will divide ours. We do call upon You alone, asking for Your forgiveness for our government officials who have sided with the enemies of Israel, and we ask that You would be merciful to us, who run to You for shelter. You are our Rock and Defender, our Shield, and our Very-Present Help in trouble! May we, as a nation repent of the evil we have done; and may we bless Israel, we pray.
- "The Lord says, 'Whoever love Me, I will save. I will protect those who know Me. They will call to me, and I will answer them. I will be with them in trouble; I will rescue them and honor them. I will give them a long, full life, and they will see how I can save.'" (Psalm 91:14-16)
6. Las Vegas Water Supply Drying Up as Lake Mead Drops to New Low - AP
Las Vegas continues to grow, however its water supply is being depleted to new lows. The drought in the southwest will drop the water levels of Lake Mead to levels not seen since the 1930's when the Hoover Dam stopped the flow of the Colorado River filling the reservoir. (Read more)
- Lord, we are in need of Your provision for water, not only in Nevada, but in California as well. You alone can stop a drought; You alone are the Provider of rain from the treasury of Heaven.
- " . . . and He shall come to us as the rain, as the latter and former rain upon the earth . . ." (Hosea 6:3c)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"I know that YHWH is great, and our Lord is above all gods. Everything YHWH pleased, He did in the heavens and in earth, and in the seas and all deep places." (Ephesians 1:5,6)
1. Israel treating children from Gaza in the midst of crisis- ICEJ News
Despite ongoing rocket attacks against its civilian population by terrorist groups in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip, Israel continued to send thousands of tons of food, medicine and other humanitarian supplies into the Strip this week as well as accepting several Palestinian patients to be treated in Israeli hospitals. "Despite the security situation and the fact that the two sides are fighting each other, medical care for children and adults continues as usual," said Yazid Fallah of Rambam Medical Center in Haifa. "Israeli patients try to make the Palestinian patients feel comfortable. They believe that they are all in the same boat."
2. US Embassy in Tel Aviv partially closed due to rocket fire - Jerusalem Post
While routine appointments for visa and services will not be available on Thursday, emergency requests will be considered on case-by-case basis.
The US Embassy in Tel Aviv announced that it will offer reduced services on Thursday due to the ongoing security situation.
The embassy on Hayarkon Street suspended routine visa and services for American nationals, although emergency requests for services will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
3. Islamic militants on offensive against Kurds - Yahoo.com
Islamic militants using weapons they recently seized in neighboring Iraq intensified an offensive against Kurdish areas in northern Syria as they fight to expand the territory under their control, activists said Thursday. (Read more)
4. Top archaeologists condemn Israeli plan to rebuild ancient tomb - Haaretz
An unusual plan to rebuild the tomb of Herod the Great at the Herodium site, southeast of Jerusalem, has spurred opposition on the part of top archaeologists. The plan, which is being promoted by the Israel Nature and Parks Authority and the Gush Etzion Regional Council, includes building a lavish mausoleum in its original size out of light plastic material, and turning it into a visitor's center. (Read more)
5. Sources: Iran calling for mass casualties - WND
Iran is attempting to use jihadist surrogates in the Gaza Strip to cause a mass casualty event in Israel that would provoke an Israeli ground operation, according to informed Middle Eastern security officials. (Read more)
Operation Protective Edge: Day Four
Operation Protective Edge: Day Four
"I pursued my enemies and overtook them, And I did not turn back
until they were consumed." (Psalm 18:37)
1. Netanyahu Vows Operation Will Continue Until Rockets Stop - Arutz
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Friday that he would not bow to world entreaties to stop Operation Protective Edge, until rocket fire from Gaza terrorists ceased. "This is the fourth day of Operation Protective Edge. The IDF, the ISA and the security forces are fighting Hamas with increasing intensity. As of now, we have hit over 1,000 Hamas', Islamic Jihad and other terrorist organizations' targets, and we are still busy," he said."The pace of attacks in this operation is double that of Operation Pillar of Defense and the military strikes will continue until we can be certain that the quiet has returned to Israeli citizens," declared Netanyahu, who made clear that "no terrorist target in the Gaza Strip is immune but it must be pointed out that Hamas's leaders, commanders and activists are hiding behind the residents of Gaza and they are responsible for any injury to them."
"The difference between us is simple. We develop defensive systems against missiles in order to protect our civilians and they use their civilians to protect their missiles. And this is the entire difference: They fire indiscriminately at our civilians and our cities in order to attack them. Sometimes they hit soldiers by mistake. We strike at their armed forces and sometimes we hit civilians by mistake.
- O Ancient of Days, we humbly thank You for Your precious Land and people, with whom You have covenanted to keep safely under Your protection (Your tallit), when their enemies come against them. We thank You that Your promises are sure, and Amen! We praise You for Prime Minister Netanyahu, who You have placed in power "for such a time as this"! We pray that You would supernaturally renew his strength, and when he can sleep, that his sleep would be sweet, even though brief. We ask You to give him Your wisdom, and Your strategies, timing, and all he needs to carry out Your instructions. May his ear be attentive to You and his steps directed by You. We pray for his safety, for the safety of all the Israeli Defense Forces, and for Your people, Israel. We pray that as there is an "Iron Dome" over Israel to intercept and destroy rockets, that You would have Your supernaturally divine "Dome of Protection" over Your people. Continue to show Yourself strong on their behalf we pray. Amen and Amen!
- "But it was because the Lord loved you and kept the oath He swore to your ancestors that He brought you out with a Mighty Hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh, king of Egypt. Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His Covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commandments. But those who hate Him, He will repay to their face by destruction; He will not be slow to repay to their face those who hate Him." (Deuteronomy 7:8-10)
2. Hamas warns airlines: Don't fly into Ben-Gurion Airport, we're targeting it - YnetNews
Shortly after rocket alert sirens were sounded on Friday morning across central Israel, including at the Ben-Gurion International Airport, Hamas' armed wing has warned airlines that it intends to target the airport with its rockets from Gaza and has told them not to fly there.
"In the light of Israel's . . . attacks on the residents of Gaza Strip . . . The armed wing of Hamas movement has decided to respond to the Israeli aggression and we warn you against carrying out flights to Ben Gurion airport, which will be one of our targets today because it also hosts a military air base," a statement from Hamas said.
The militant group said it had issued the warning to the airlines so that they could avoid injury to their passengers. (Read more)
3. Latest Statistics as of 11:30 a.m., July 11, 2014 - Various Sources
Rocket numbers & other notable facts since start of Operation Protective Edge:
- 620+ rockets since start of Operation Protective Edge July 8
- Dozens of rockets launched at Jerusalem and Tel Aviv
- 6 million Israelis, ¾ of population, threatened by Hamas rocket fire
- Hamas launched towards Dimona nuclear power plant
- Attacks by terror tunnels and by sea
- Despite rockets Israel continues to coordinate, humanitarian aid to Gaza
4. Hamas Caught Using Human Shields in Gaza - IDF Blog
The IDF is currently engaged in Operation Protective Edge against Hamas and other Palestinian terrorist groups in the Gaza Strip. Hamas places weapons and missile launchers in densely populated areas. They also send men, woman and children to act as human shields for terrorists. (Read more)
5. Israel says Iron Dome scores 90 percent rocket interception rate - Reuters
Israel's Iron Dome interceptor has shot down some 90 percent of Palestinian rockets it engaged during this week's surge of Gaza fighting, up from the 85 percent rate in the previous mini-war of 2012, Israeli and U.S. officials said on Thursday.
Seven batteries of the system, made by the state-owned Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd and partly funded by Washington, have been rotated around Israel to tackle unprecedented long-range salvoes by Hamas guerrillas.
Rafael said it had been working on improvements to Iron Dome, which is designed to fire guided missiles at rockets that threaten to hit populated areas while ignoring others. (Read more)
6. Israel Under Fire: Life Comes to Halt - IDF
Most of the Israeli population is currently living under the threat of rocket fire. Life between sirens, in and out of bomb shelters, has become the daily reality for millions of Israelis. Hamas terrorists have fired more than 360 rockets at Israel since Operation Protective Edge began on Monday, July 7 - and over 650 rockets since the beginning of 2014.
This is an intolerable and dangerous reality for Israelis under fire, especially in the south of Israel where thousands of people have less than 15 seconds to run to a bomb shelter when an alarm goes off.
Life under constant rocket fire has disrupted the daily routines of millions of Israelis. Summer camps for children have been canceled. Children are advised to be with their parents, in close proximity to bomb shelters. In many places, children remain in bomb shelters for the entire day in order to avoid being in open areas when the rocket siren sounds. (Read more)
7. IDF urges Gazans near border to clear out; West Bank attack foiled
- Times of Israel
Report Hamas rocket chief killed dispelled; missiles downed in Beersheba; shrapnel falls in south Tel Aviv; group linked to Fatah claims to shoot rocket; Dimona targeted; Palestinian death toll climbs
DF informs Palestinian citizens in towns along the Gaza Strip border with Israel to evacuate their homes quickly, ahead of military action in the area.
The areas include Beit Lahia, Beit Hanoun, Abasan al-Kabera, and Abasan al-Saghira in the northern Gaza Strip east of Khan Yunis. Over 100,000 people are said to reside in these cities.
The IDF made similar demands during operations Pillar of Defense and Cast Lead, as well as during the 2006 Lebanon War, generally ahead of an airstrike of a particular area.
Hamas asks citizens not to heed the calls to leave the area that many have received during the past few hours.
8. U.S. Congress Takes Action - AIPAC
House and Senate Circulate Resolutions
Senate and House members are circulating resolutions supporting Israel's right to self-defense in response to the barrage of rocket attacks from the Gaza Strip. The resolutions also call on Hamas to immediately cease all rocket and other attacks against Israel.
The lead sponsors for the Senate resolution are Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), and Charles Schumer (D-NY). The House resolution is spearheaded by Reps. Steve Israel (D-NY) and Tom Cole (R-OK).
The House of Representatives, on Friday July 11, passed by unanimous consent H.Res 657 expressing support for Israel as it acts to defend itself against Hamas. The Senate is set to take up a similar resolution next week. Please click here to urge your senators to support this critical resolution.
9. Today's Prayer Requests for Operation Protective Edge - Joel Rosenberg (Recommended site for news)
- for the Lord to restore calm on the Israeli/Gaza border
- for Palestinian leaders and security forces to move decisively to arrest those committing these war crimes, firing at innocent civilians
- for Israeli leaders to have wisdom to know how best to protect their citizens (hopefully an invasion of Gaza won't be needed)
- for safety for Israelis and Palestinians caught in the crossfire
- for the Lord to comfort people on both sides, reveal His Word to them, and draw them to Himself - Pray for Israeli and Palestinian followers of Christ and their pastors as they seek to be a blessing to their people and to be a light for the Gospel in the darkness. (Source: Joel Rosenberg) Read more here.
[Note: blog includes a map of longer ranges of terrorist rockets now being launched against Israel]
10. Full Coverage: Operation 'Protective Edge' Targets 350 Sites in Gaza; 40,000 Reservists Called - VOA
Israel attacked over 350 terror related sites in the Gaza Strip as the nation fell under a barrage of rockets, including Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. An extended operation is planned against Hamas as the Israel Cabinet called up 40,000 reservists earlier in the day. (Read more)
- O Lord God of Israel, we come to You and remind You of Your Covenant with Your people, Israel. We know You are already showing Yourself strong of her behalf, and have kept casualties at a minimum. We thank You for the Iron Dome, that is intercepting a number of rockets being launched into residential areas. We ask too, Lord, that Michael, Your Archangel who protects Israel, would have all the angelic support he needs to divert these rockets into the sea or unpopulated areas. We do pray for the Peace of Jerusalem, and we know that sometimes peace only comes through wars against those who do not desire peace, and in fact, are attempting to "rid" the world of a Jewish presence in the Land. We thank You, that the battle is Yours, as is the Victory! Protect them we pray. Amen.
- "And said, O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like You in the heavens or in the earth, keeping covenant and showing mercy and loving-kindness to Your servants, who walk before You with all their hearts." (2 Chronicles 6:14)
The Daily Jot
Impressions for prayer and supplication
I had an early morning meeting with a brother and mentor. He and another of our brothers had been on the phone praying before our meeting. He said the verse they were praying over was from Ezekiel 22:30, "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." We were talking about this verse. I said that many Christians I know like to quote the first part of the verse, but leave off the last part: "but I found none." This was a verse that we both agreed we would stand on this day. That we would stand in the gap as part of our daily lives. I know that many of you also are standing in the gap. With good reason.
The headlines today are similar to the ones of the past week. We are being overrun by illegal aliens coming across the borders of our southern states. The president is in Texas for a series of Democratic Party fundraisers. He is hobnobbing with radicals supporting blanket amnesty, telling them he is on their side, and outright rejecting requests by Governor Rick Perry to visit the border to observe first hand what is happening. He is openly mocking both Republicans and Democrats, especially Republicans, who don't agree with his stance on his unconstitutional and illegal position to not defend and secure the borders of the United States. In fact, he is defiant about his role as "president."
Speaking to Democratic Party supporters and contributors, he mocked Congress for not supporting his agenda (From the White House transcript): "You hear some of them -- "sue him," "impeach him." Really? (Laughter.) Really? For what? (Applause.) You're going to sue me for doing my job? Okay. (Applause.) I mean, think about that. You're going to use taxpayer money to sue me for doing my job -- (laughter) -- while you don't do your job. (Applause.)" Then he called for some $3 billion to fix the illegal migration problem that he has created by intentionally not securing the borders. And, the White House website continues to say "today, border security is stronger than it has ever been."
The "president's" propaganda machine is in full swing. He blames those opposing immigration reform for the border crisis he has created. He says that he is doing his job--meaning it is his job to not enforce laws on marriage, border security, immigration, offshore drilling, terrorism, and the list goes on and on. Instead, he claims that Congress is not doing its job. Some truth in that--Congress should be impeaching him and trying him for criminal malfeasance and treason. This "president" is the antithesis of what is good and right. Congress is not far behind. We all need to be an Ezekiel 22:30 people and make up the hedge, stand in the gap in all prayer and supplication, and where possible, take action.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Minuteman Project Returns!!
Minuteman Project ready to return to border amid wave of illegal immigration
Will Launch "OPERATION NORMANDY!"
The Minuteman Project -- the controversial civilian patrol that came to prominence a decade ago -- is riding out of retirement in a bid to help tackle the illegal immigration crisis at the Mexico border. The group, which patrolled parts of the 2,000-mile border from 2005-2010, acting as unarmed and unsanctioned eyes and ears of the Border Patrol, is trying to recruit a force of thousands to help keep illegal immigrants from making their way into the United States from Mexico. Minutemen founder and president Jim Gilchrist said preparation for "Operation Normandy" will take place over the next 10 months as the dormant group seeks to recruit and organize as many as 3,500 volunteers.
"We are coming because we no longer trust that this government knows how to handle this issue," Gilchrist told FoxNews.com. "This is going to dwarf the original Minuteman Project and I expect a number of militia groups to join."
"This problem is not going away and if the government cannot take care of it and protect us, then clearly it's our duty and obligation to do it for them."
- Jim Gilchrist, founder and president, The Minuteman Project
The Minuteman Project gained national traction in 2005, but internal turmoil, accusations of vigilantism and criminal charges against some of its key figures, including a former leader of the movement, Chris Simcox, led to its demise. Gilchrist said the group's last significant border operation was conducted in July 2010, roughly one year after the high-profile robbery and murder of Border Patrol Agent Robert Rosas, Jr., who was fatally shot during a struggle for his night vision device on the international border near Campo, Calif.
. . . The planned resurgence of the Minuteman Project comes amid more confrontational calls to action along the Southwest border in the form of several loosely-organized anti-government groups recruiting would-be armed border watchers for patrols. Gilchrist insisted his group will obey all state and federal laws during their patrols.
"The one rule of Operation Normandy: Stay within the rule of law," he said. "Whatever you do, stay within the rule of law."
. . . Gilchrist said his group, which numbered about 1,250 at its peak, did not carry guns in their previous incarnation and won't this time, either. "These are human beings; they're not a physical threat to us," Gilchrist said of the illegal immigrants.
Gilchrist continued: I hope we get 100 militias down there, as well as 100,000 Americans because the goal is to bring the message to Congress. They just don't get it. Enforce the . . . laws." (Fox News) Read more here.
- Lord God Almighty in Heaven, We offer You all praise, all honor, and all GLORY for this report. Father God, You have heard our prayers on June 6th, repenting for our national sin and crying out to You that THIS D-Day would be a time of victory for righteousness that will not be abrogated.
As we read this news of the Minutemen coming to our rescue on our southern border, we see this news as an answer to our prayers and our supplication for our land.
Father God, we ask that You protect all those who will respond to the call of the Minutemen at the border, and raise up not only the 3,500 they are calling for, but even more.
Thank You, God, for hearing our prayer, amen and amen.
- "My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever." (Psalm 145:21)
Stop Discriminatory Senate Bill
Stop Discriminatory Senate Bill
The Senate plans to vote as early as Tuesday on a bill offered by Senator Patty Murray (D-Wash.) that would "overturn" the Supreme Court's ruling in Hobby Lobby and force all private and employer based healthcare plans to cover contraceptives, drugs which can destroy a human embryo and sterilization services, without copay-or face crippling fines.
The Supreme Court correctly held that the HHS mandate violates the free exercise rights of family businesses like Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties, who do not want to violate their conscience in order to earn a living. But that hasn't stopped Senator Murray, pushed by radical groups like NARAL, Planned Parenthood and National Women's Law Center, to demand religious American's bow to their pro-abortion agenda.
But this bill is not only anti-religious and anti-constitutional-its anti-woman!
Nearly one-third of the business plaintiffs in these cases calling the HHS mandate on religious liberty grounds are women. In addition, women judges have voted to halt implementation of the mandate 24 times. In only 15 cases have they voted in favor of the employer mandate. Finally, more women oppose the mandate than support it in poll after poll across the United States.
How can Senator Murray and this bill's supporters claim to be supporting women when they are directly opposing the sincerely held religious beliefs of so many American women?
Please urge your Senators to oppose the misleadingly titled "Protect Women's Health From Corporate Interference Act of 2014." This discriminatory bill runs contrary to the values Americans hold dear and the ruling the Supreme Court handed down earlier this month.
Urge Your Senators to Stop the Anti-Religious, Anti-Constitutional and Anti-Women Murray Bill
(Family Research Council)
IRS Scandal Heats Up
IRS Scandal Heats Up
This week we got a better understanding of why Lois Lerner is refusing to testify about her role in the IRS Tea Party targeting scandal. At a hearing Wednesday, it was revealed Lerner sent the following message to an IRS information technology specialist:
"I had a question today about [internal instant messages]. I was cautioning folks about email and how we have had several occasions where Congress has asked for emails and there has been an electronic search for responsive emails -- so we need to be cautious about what we say in emails. Someone asked if [instant message] conversations were also searchable -- I don't know but told them I would get back to them. Do you know?"
The IT specialist responded that instant messages were not stored. Lerner's reply: "Perfect."
This exchange took place in April 2013 -- one month before the scandal broke into the headlines.
First, why would Lois Lerner feel compelled to warn her colleagues to "be cautious about what we say in emails" if she wasn't doing anything wrong? Second, why was she seemingly pleased that internal instant messages were not stored?
In a separate development, a federal judge yesterday gave the IRS 30 days in which to explain under oath how it lost so many of Lerner's emails. According to the Associated Press, the judge "is also appointing a federal magistrate to see whether the lost emails can be obtained from other sources."
Fox News reports today that a second judge is also demanding answers from IRS officials who handled Lois Lerner's crashed hard drive. Stay tuned! (Gary Bauer)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
More States Joining the Call of the Governor of Iowa
for 7-14-14 Prayer of Repentance on Monday
Other states we have heard, such as KANSAS and NEBRASKA, have both Governors signing the Proclamation. Participants in Kansas will be blowing the shofar at 7:14 in all 12 regions in their state and also praying at the Capitol.
Virginia's Governor may also be signing--STAY TUNED! NORTH CAROLINA will be opening up the east coast by blowing the shofar off of the barrier reef, then going to the center at noon and closing in the mountains, a 400 mile journey. We have word from people in KENTUCKY, TENNESSEE, MARYLAND, DELAWARE, CALIFORNIA, HAWAII & ILLINOIS they will be meeting at their Capitols or homes to pray. We also have people from Iowa that will be in CALIFORNIA on their way to HAWAII and they will go to Azusa Street to pray on 7-14-14.
I am continuing to get word from other states that will be participating. In Iowa, participants will be at the Capitol from 7:14 AM to 7:14 PM with worship, prayer & repentance.
This movement is beginning to also spread GLOBALLY with recent movements in MOZAMBIQUE, KENYA, PORTUGAL, VENEZUELA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, THE SOLOMON ISLANDS and now THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (which will be holding an event on August 30th, for their nation with the same Proclamation and prayer points!)
[Source: Pastor Jeff Daly, National Day of Repentance] To learn more, please go here.
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Earth's Magnetic Field Is Weakening 10 Times Faster Now
Earth's magnetic field, which protects the planet from huge blasts of deadly solar radiation, has been weakening over the past six months, according to data collected by a European Space Agency (ESA) satellite array called Swarm. (YahooNews) Read more here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Shelley Jennings - "The Love of God"