Now you can watch news out of Israel on the internet 24/7! Go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
"Blessed be the Lord, my rock, Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle . . ." (Psalm 144:1)
All prayer requests for the Persecuted Church and for the Harvest are now posted on our blog:
The Daily Brief
1. $2 Billion Separates House and Senate Border Crisis Bills - Washington Examiner
With only three days left to strike a deal, the House and Senate bills addressing the surge of illegal immigrants remain $2 billion apart, making it difficult for Congress to pass legislation before the annual Summer recess that begins this Friday.
The GOP-led House plans Thursday to vote on $659 million plan to help the federal government stop new migrants from coming into the country and to deal humanely with the more than 61,000 unaccompanied children and thousands more families who have entered the United States via the Texas border in the past 10 months.
The Senate, however, has authored a $2.7 billion proposal that would spend much more money than the House bill helping the federal government provide care and housing for children as well as legal counsel and judges to help determine whether they deserve refugee status or to be deported back to their home countries. (Read more)
- Lord God, for Congress to agree upon one bill to address the complex issue of immigration policy, before the end of this week, will require a true miracle. We turn to You, O Lord, for help, for we know that You are a miracle-working God. We ask this in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "So each generation should set its hope anew on God, not forgetting his glorious miracles and obeying his commands." (Psalm 78:7)
2. Hoyer: Few Dems will back GOP border bill - The Hill
An insignificant number of Democrats will side with Republicans in favor of the GOP's proposal addressing the southern border crisis, House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) predicted Wednesday.
Democratic leaders are already whipping against the $659 million package, largely based on a provision making it easier for authorities to deport the thousands of Central American migrants who have crossed the border in recent months.
That change has been endorsed by at least three House Democrats - Reps. Henry Cuellar (Texas), Ron Barber (Ariz.) and Collin Peterson (Minn.) - but Hoyer is anticipating that few others in his caucus will back the proposal. (Read more)
- Ask the Lord to soften the hearts of the members of Congress who still stand in opposition to each other on this bill. May they instead be transformed into "one new man" on the Hill, on this issue, for the good of our people. In His Name, amen.
- "For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace." (Eph. 2:14,15)
3. New Emails: Lois Lerner Referred to Conservatives as '***holes' and 'TeRrorists' - CNSNews.com
A newly discovered email exchange from Lois Lerner's official IRS email account "directly demonstrates Ms. Lerner's deep animus towards conservatives, which she refers to as '---holes,'" House Ways and Means Committee Chair Dave Camp wrote in a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday.
In that Nov. 9, 2012 email, Lerner further suggests that conservatives will ruin the country: "So we don't need to worry about alien teRrorists (sic). It's our own crazies that will take us down," she wrote.
Camp (R-Mich.) told Holder the email "shows that Ms. Lerner's mistreatment of conservative groups was driven by her personal hostility toward conservatives." (Read more)
- O dear Lord, as we have been crying out, asking for all hidden things to be revealed, You are answering. Painful as it is to read this news, nevertheless we praise You for answered prayer. We ask You to visit Ms. Lerner with Your presence, revealing Yourself to her, and turning her heart of stone into a heart of flesh. We ask You to forgive Lois Lerner, for she knows not what she does. In Your Name, amen.
- "I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh." (Ezekiel 36:26)
4. Obama to GOP: Stop hating - The Hill
President Obama asked Republicans to stop "hating" and "being mad all the time" during a Wednesday speech in Kansas City, Mo., focused on the economy. The president slapped the GOP for the lawsuit. "Instead of suing me for doing my job, I want Congress to do its job." . . . It is a message Obama will likely continue to tout as a legacy item, White House aides say, should the economy continue to improve. (Read more)
- Lord God, we stand amazed at the brilliance of this president, who can turn anything around to make it turn to his advantage. Anything. Lord God, as we see yard signs springing up all over the land now, calling for his impeachment, we are encouraged to know that the American people are not being taken into his game. We ask for deliverance for the President of the United States of America, that he will see the light and know the truth of Your love for him, and the reality of evil. We ask this in Your Name, amen.
- "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." (Isaiah 5:20)
5. Rubio: Iran Nuclear Talks are a "Disaster" - Washington Free Beacon
Sen. Marco Rubio (R., Fla.) blasted U.S. nuclear negotiations with Iran Tuesday, saying the rolling back of sanctions and allowance of the world's largest sponsor of terrorism to enrich uranium constituted a "dangerous national security failure," the Washington Free Beacon reported. "This entire thing is a disaster," Rubio said. "It's not just an embarrassing diplomatic failure. This is a dangerous national security failure, in my opinion." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for members of Congress like Senator Marco Rubio, who continue to speak the truth in the halls of power. We ask that the Obama administration will take heed to his searing remarks on the Senate floor yesterday, and revise its policy towards a nuclear Iran accordingly. In Your name, amen.
- "But this is what you must do: Tell the truth to each other. Render verdicts in your courts that are just and that lead to peace." (Zech. 8:16)
6. 'Islamic State' Destroys Key Bridge Leading to Baghdad; Severed Supply Line - Washington Times
A key bridge north of Baghdad, used by Iraqi forces as a supply line, was destroyed when Islamic State jihadists detonated a suicide truck bomb on Tuesday. (Read more)
- Lord God, as watchmen on the wall, we are now monitoring news of the "IS" very carefully. Now that Ramadan is over, the jihadists are about to unleash a fury of activity beyond that which we have already seen -- both overseas and here in America. Help us, O Lord, to find the strength to stand in these evil days, and to find the grace to ask You to continue to forgive our enemies. In Your Name we pray, amen.
- "Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour." (I Peter 5:8 NLT)
7. Revival Breaking Out in Islamic Countries - World Magazine
A revival is taking place in the Islamic world as between two and seven million former Muslims have converted to Christianity, World Magazine reported. (Read more)
- "After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands." (Revelation 7:9)
8. As France Grants Asylum to Iraqi Christians, Rep. Wolf Slams 'Silence' in Washington - CNSNews.com
The French government says it is willing to grant asylum to Iraqi Christians in the face of a jihadist onslaught against them. "We are assisting displaced persons who are fleeing the Islamic State's threats and seeking refuge in Kurdistan," Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said in a joint statement this week. "Should they so wish, we are prepared to offer them asylum on our soil."
In Washington, meanwhile, a leading religious freedom advocate on Capitol Hill slammed both President Obama and Congress Tuesday for their "silence" about the plight of Iraq's Christians, which he said amounted to "genocide." "The silence in this town - in Washington - is deafening," Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.) said on the House floor. "Does Washington even care?" (Read more)
- Father, today we want to give thanks for another member of Congress, Rep. Frank Wolf. Congressman Wolf, who will retire this fall, has spent most of his career on the Hill speaking on behalf of the persecuted church overseas. We ask that his cries not go unnoticed in the days ahead, and that you will raise up another "trumpet" who will be a voice for the persecuted in the next incoming Congress. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering." (Hebrews 13:3)
9. Ebola outbreak: Liberia shuts most border points - BBC
Most border crossings in Liberia have been closed and communities hit by an Ebola outbreak face quarantine to try to halt the spread of the virus. Screening centres are also being set up at the few major entry points that will remain open, such as the main airport.
Meanwhile, Nigeria largest's airline, Arik Air, has suspended all flights to Liberia and Sierra Leone after a man with Ebola flew to Nigeria last week.
The virus has killed at least 660 people in West Africa since February. (Read more)
- The Ebola virus is most assuredly by now one of the end-time plagues prophesied in Scripture. Believers can rest assured that God will protect and deliver us, for His Word (below) does not lie. Pray much for all unbelievers now in the path of this deadly virus; may they come to know our Messiah now! In His Name, amen.
- " . . . if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." (KJV) (Mark 16:18)
10. BREAKING! House Republicans to vote to sue President Obama - BBC
The US House of Representatives is set to pass a resolution authorising it to sue President Barack Obama for what Republican leaders describe as his overreach of authority. The resolution is expected to pass the Republican-controlled chamber in a party line vote on Wednesday.
Its sponsors say Mr Obama exceeded his powers when he delayed an insurance deadline in his healthcare law. The president's aides say the prospective suit is a political stunt. (Read more)
- Pray for Congress as it takes this difficult, but necessary step, to reign in the executive branch and to attempt to use this lawsuit to restore the balance of power enshrined in our Constitution. Pray!
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
The Middle East in Focus
OPERATION PROTECTIVE EDGE
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of YHWH our God." (Psalm 20:7)
1. Today's Prayer Bullets for Operation Protective Edge - CHPP
For today's edition of the Prayer Bullets, please go here.
2. The Truth Report - "Yahweh has spoken!" - Jerusalem Connection
To view this teaching, go here.
3. IN MEMORIAM: The 53 IDF soldiers who gave their lives to protect Israel - Unity Coalition for Israel
CLICK HERE to see the names and photos of these brave young men. (Source: Jerusalem Post)
4. What Hamas planned to do with the terror tunnels - UPDATED - Unity Coalition for Israel
Maariv has now confirmed the date - Rosh HaShanah - about two months from now (link in Hebrew). They are also confirming that the plan was to send 200 terrorists per tunnel into six different 'settlements' near the Gaza border to murder or kidnap as many Israelis as possible. The tunnels are not straight, but intersect at various points. I will have more on this in a later post. (Read more)
5. Premier slams UN cease-fire plan for not addressing Israel's security needs - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Monday slammed a UN Security Council statement calling for an immediate humanitarian cease-fire in Gaza, saying during a phone conversation with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon that the statement addresses the needs of a murderous terrorist organization, but not those of Israel.
The statement, he said, does not address Israel's demands for the demilitarization of the Gaza Strip, a principle already established by previous interim agreements with the Palestinians.
"The statement did not deal with the harm done to Israeli civil ians, nor to the fact that Hamas turned Gaza civilians into human shields," he said.
Netanyahu, who met Ban in Jerusalem last week, also complained that the statement made no mention of the fact that Hamas used UN facilities to attack Israeli civilians. (Read more)
6. PLO adopts President Obama's position that Hamas remain armed until permanent Palestinian-Israeli agreement reached - IMRA
Once again President Obama has succeeded in hardening the Palestinian position by taking a stand that was a harder line than that of the Palestinians. At the start of his first term, President Obama introduced the concept that Israeli-Palestinian negotiations be conditioned on a settlement construction freeze. The Palestinians, who until then engaged in negotiations without such a condition, adopted President Obama's demand. (Read more)
7. Lawmakers Rally Behind Israel at Conference of Jewish Groups - The Wall Street Journal
U.S. lawmakers from both parties voiced strong support of Israel and its right to defend itself against Hamas on Monday, affirming their commitment to Israel even as the Obama administration has expressed impatience with the Israeli offensive in Gaza.
Speaking at an impromptu gathering of Jewish leaders here, congressional leaders denounced Hamas as a terror organization.
"We will not equate professional militaries with terrorist organizations that use human shields as they seek maximum civilian casualties," House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) said, pledging Congress' support for Israel. "America must send this clear, public and united message: Israel is our friend, and Israel's enemies are our enemies. And as long as I am speaker of the House, I give you my word this will be our cause." (Read more)
8. ISRAEL HAS A NEW 24 HOUR INTERNET NEWS CHANNEL ~ PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!
Israel has a new 24 hour internet news channel broadcasting in English (also French and Arabic) from Tel Aviv. This is the link:http://www.i24news.tv/en/tv/live.
The 24 hour news feed (from the Israeli perspective) is intended to rival CNN, Al-Jazeera, BBC, etc. It not only covers world news but also has a specific Israel news section.
Most people don't know about it, but let's not keep it a secret! There are already many hits from across the Arab world; they too are watching.
Praying over the invasion of illegal immigrants on our southern border
This week please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE over the headlines below:
"Rescue me and deliver me out of the hand of aliens,
Whose mouth speaks deceit
And whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood." (Psalm 144:11)
1. Deadly threat to U.S. 'at our front door' - WND
This stealthy and vicious killer is literally "knocking at our front door." And how the federal government responds to the deadly threat just might determine whether you live or die. (Read more)
2. Illegals vanishing into 2020 'black hole' - WND
It's no wonder America is now grappling with an illegal-alien invasion of epic proportions. Border crossers are right this minute disappearing into a 'black hole' opened up by you-know-who . . (Read more)
3. Obama inviting 'invasion of murderers, gang members' - WND
Border Patrol: U.S. accepting them because crimes not done in U.S.
McALLEN, Texas - As the Obama administration struggles to define the current wave of unaccompanied minors as a tale of refugees escaping violence, government border officials are telling a frighteningly different story of the infiltration of criminal gang members and confessed murderers along with thousands of potential recruits.
Some 70 percent of the youths - boys and girls alike - have been raped or otherwise sexually assaulted on their dangerous trip north to the Rio Grande, according to officials. (Read more)
4. Sessions: 'We Cannot Allow Executive Orders to . . . Eradicate Plain Law' - CNSNews.com
Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) took to the Senate floor Wednesday to blast the president's reported plan to use his executive authority to provide amnesty to illegal immigrants by scaling back deportations and granting them work permits, saying Congress must not allow the president use executive actions that eradicate "plain law."
"This Congress needs to speak. We cannot allow executive orders to be issued by a president that eradicates plain law. To do so is wrong. The American people are watching this. They are not going to be happy that this Congress didn't take action, and expressions of concerns among senators really are not enough," said Sessions. (Read more)
5. Hoyer: Obama 'Can't Legalize' Illegals--But He Can Decide How to 'Implement the Laws' - CNSNews.com
House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD) said that President Obama "can't legalize" the illegal aliens in the United States, but then added that the president "can implement the laws as he believes they should be implemented."
"Article 1 of the U.S. Constitution states that Congress has the power to make laws governing naturalization. Given this, does President Obama have the unilateral power to legalize illegal aliens?" CNSNews.com asked Hoyer.
"I don't think he does," Hoyer responded, "and I don't think that's what he's going to do. You're right. He can't legalize them."
"What the president can in fact do, however, is implement the laws as he believes they should be implemented," Hoyer added. "And there have been a lot of scholars - and I'm not going to go through the quotes now - who have said the President clearly has broad authority to decide how he's going to implement the law." (Read more)
6. USCIS: 'No Decisions Have Been Made' on Additional Amnesty - CNSNews.com
President Obama is looking for additional ways to relax U.S. immigration law on his own, but "no decisions have been made" on what his next move might be, Congress was told on Tuesday.
"Let me be clear, and I think the administration has also been clear about this: No decisions have been made," Leon Rodriguez, the new director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), told the House Judiciary Committee. "The directive that we have received is to examine possibilities . . ." he added. (Read more)
Stunning Setback to Obamacare
Stunning Setback to Obamacare
Obamacare has proven again to be the biggest legislative failure in history, with last week's ruling that its subsidies are illegal. These subsidies induced some 5 million Americans to sign up for Obamacare, but are prohibited by law as held by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in Halbig v. Burwell.
This humiliation to the Obama Administration was a devastating setback to legislation already disfavored by a 59-40% margin among the public, according to the latest CNN poll. Twice as many Americans say they are being hurt rather than helped by Obamacare.
Officially known as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Obamacare is neither affordable nor protective of patients. It promised subsidies for millions of Americans to buy new health insurance and to pay costly premiums that have driven insurance company stock values to record highs. . .
The liberal central planners inside the D.C. Beltway thought the 50 States would comply with Obama's demand that they set up these health insurance exchanges, at costs estimated to be as much as $100 million per exchange. As an incentive for States to set up these exchanges, the law provided substantial subsides to people who sign up for a State-established exchange.
The central government planners thought the subsidies would coerce States to establish their own health insurance exchanges, similar to how the federal government coerces States to obey D.C. commands in other fields such as education. But States balked after they saw how much control they would be giving to the federal government by establishing a State exchange, and how expensive they would end up being. (Eagle Forum) Read more.
- We continue to offer praise for this good news. Thank You, Lord, that the judicial branch is now exercising its authority over the abuses of the executive branch of our government. We praise You, Lord, amen.
- "Then I will restore your judges as at the first, And your counselors as at the beginning; After that you will be called the city of righteousness, A faithful city." (Isaiah 1:26)
Congress: The Good, Bad, and Ugly
Congress: The Good, Bad, and Ugly
To read this comprehensive summary of the legislative agenda and actions in both the House and the Senate, published by the Family Research Council, please go here.
Missionaries Test Positive for Ebola Virus
Missionaries Test Positive for Ebola Virus
Franklin Graham Requests Prayer
The National Prayer Committee is passing along this prayer request from Franklin Graham, via Tim Phillips. Please join in praying for these friends.
"Saturday afternoon, we learned that Dr. Kent Brantly, medical director for the Samaritan's Purse Ebola Consolidated Case Management Center in Monrovia, Liberia, had tested positive for the Ebola virus. He is currently undergoing treatment at the Samaritan's Purse isolation center at ELWA [Eternal Love Winning Africa] Hospital. We are continuing medical operations at our Ebola Case Management Centers in cooperation with the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, the Liberia Ministry of Health and other global health authorities.
"Dr. Brantly has been in Liberia since October 2013 with our World Medical Mission post residency program and is married with two children. His heroic and sacrificial service-along with the entire team there-is a shining example of Christ's love in this crisis situation.
"Later Saturday evening, we learned of a second positive Ebola test result among those working with us in Liberia. Nancy Writebol is a SIM [Sudan Interior Mission] missionary and had been helping the Samaritan's Purse team that is treating Ebola patients at the Case Management Center in Monrovia. SIM manages ELWA Hospital there, and we have worked very closely with them to combat Ebola since the current outbreak began in Liberia in March. Nancy is married with two adult sons.
"We are doing everything possible to help Dr. Brantly and Nancy. We ask everyone to please pray urgently for them and their families. Out of respect for the privacy of their families, I ask that you refrain from posting personal details or pictures of family members. "Thank you."
- When man's medicine fails, God's medicine cannot. Thank our Lord for the assurance of His Word, that when spoken forth, it does not return void but accomplishes its purpose. (Is. 55:11) Stand on the Word of God, claiming healing for these two precious souls. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayers, amen.
- "He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions." (Psalm 107:20)
The Wisdom of Alexis de Tocqueville
The Wisdom of Alexis de Tocqueville
Alexis de Tocqueville was born JULY 29, 1805.
A French social scientist, he traveled the United States in 1831, and wrote a two-part work, Democracy in America (1835; 1840), which has been described as:
"the most comprehensive and penetrating analysis of the relationship between character and society in America that has ever been written."
In it, de Tocqueville wrote:
"Upon my arrival in the United States the religious aspect of the country was the first thing that struck my attention; and the longer I stayed there, the more I perceived the great political consequences resulting from this new state of things, to which I was unaccustomed.
In France I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom marching in opposite directions. But in America I found they were intimately united and that they reigned in common over the same country. . ."
De Tocqueville continued:
"They brought with them a form of Christianity, which I cannot better describe, than by styling it a democratic and republican religion. . . From the earliest settlement of the emigrants, politics and religion contracted an alliance which has never been dissolved."
De Tocqueville wrote:
"Religion in America...must be regarded as the foremost of the political institutions of that country; for if it does not impart a taste for freedom, it facilitates the use of it. . .
This opinion is not peculiar to a class of citizens or a party, but it belongs to the whole nation."
"The Americans combine the notions of Christianity and of liberty so intimately in their minds, that it is impossible to make them conceive the one without the other; and with them this conviction does not spring from that barren traditionary faith which seems to vegetate in the soul rather than to live." (Source: The American Minute)
To read and ENJOY more of these observations by Alexis de Tocqueville, go here.
NOTE: The movie "America" is now playing in theaters all across the nation. You can learn more about this visitor's observations by viewing that movie . . . highly recommended!
The Good News Corner
France Offers Asylum to Mosul's Christians
Officials say "France is revolted" by the persecution and displacement of Christians in Iraq and are prepared to provide "exceptional humanitarian aid" to those who seek help.
(Paris, France)-French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve have issued a public statement offering asylum to Iraqi Christians driven out of their homes by ISIS.
The two French leaders were quoted by the AP as saying "France is revolted" by the persecution and displacement of Christians in Iraq and is prepared to provide "exceptional humanitarian aid" to help.
As reported in Thomson/Reuters, the ministers also said, "We are providing aid to displaced people fleeing from the threats of [an] Islamic State and have sought refuge in Kurdistan. We are ready, if they wish, to facilitate their asylum on our soil."
France 24 reported that two top French Catholic priests-Lyon Archbishop Philippe Barbarin and Bishop Michael Dubost of Evry-would travel to Mosul this week in a sign of support.
Amidst the demonstrations and riots of pro-Palestinians in the nation's capitol last weekend, France's National Front party organized a rally in Paris in support of Iraqi Christians.
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
More mystery holes appear in Earth's crust
Located in region called 'end of the world'
The mystery over an unexplained, giant crater located at "the end of the world" in Siberia has just tripled with the discovery of two more giant craters.
As WND reported, scientists were rushing to northern Russia's Yamal Peninsula, known to locals as "the end of the world," to examine the first massive crater in mid-July. (Read more and view photos and videohere.)
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"The More I Seek You"- Kari Jobe
The more I seek you,
The more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you
I wanna sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Almost every day of the year, a member of Congress or a Senator is celebrating a birthday. Let's lift up these men and women, day by day in prayer on their special day, that God might bless them and show them His love for each one. Indeed, let's move together in obedience to the Lord's mandate in I Timothy 2:1-4. It is written:
"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."
Today's Birthday Greeting goes to:
Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (NY)
(Source: Bible Pathways Ministries. www.biblepathway.org)