Chuck Pierce Joins Canadian Ministry
to Call for 40,000 to Pray for Israel
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
"It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand, your arm, and the light of your face, for you loved them." (Psalm 44:3)
The Daily Brief
1. Neb. Governor: Feds 'Conducting Secret Operation' Placing Immigrants In States Without Officials' Knowledge - CBS Local; Washington, D.C.
Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman believes federal authorities are conducting secret operations by sending immigrant children into states without the knowledge of state officials.
Heineman told Fox News he learned from Sen. Mike Johanns, R-Neb., that 200 unaccompanied immigrant children were placed with relatives or sponsors in the state. Heineman says no federal officials notified them that would be happening.
"We want to know the names of those individuals, who their sponsor is. Is their sponsor legal? What communities did you send them to? Why are they conducting a secret operation, essentially, transporting them all over the country . . . and the federal government won't tell us what's going on." (Read more)
- Lord God, this invasion is out of our control, but it is not out of Your control. We ask that, whatever wicked agenda lies behind this onslaught, You would get Yourself Glory, and Your name would be magnified. We call forth Your redemptive purpose in the midst of this scheme, in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people." (Gen. 50:20)
2. Outbreak Taking Place on the Border - Washington Free Beacon
The Centers for Disease Control is trying to contain an outbreak of pneumonia and swine flu among illegal immigrant children housed at a Navy Base in Southern California, the Washington Free Beacon reported. The outbreak of disease among several of the nearly 600 immigrant children at the Naval Base Ventura County, located north of Los Angeles, initially was thought to be caused by deadly bacterial streptococcal meningitis, according to one official close to the issue. However, a spokesman for the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) said he was not aware of any cases of meningitis at the base. (Read more) (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for the promise of Your Word, written at the beginning of time, that "if we drink any deadly thing, it will not harm us." Lord God, we trust You to activate this Word of promise now for Your people, for Christ lives within each one of us. As we are miraculously healed of all plagues now being brought across our border, we ask that these miracles would draw those who suffer to come to us, to ask us why we are not ill, that we might give them Your answer. Let a harvest of souls be borne in the midst of this danger, and these perilous times. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Even if they drink any deadly poison it will not hurt them; and they'll place their hands on the sick, and they'll recover." (Mark 16:18)
3. Finally: Americans rising up against 'invasion' - WND
Massive 'surge' in national protest this week
Pressure has been building all across America as the endless flood of illegals continues to deluge the nation.
And now, it's about to pop this week in hundreds of locations . . . (Read more)
- Offer up a great chorus of PRAISE that this news is being reported. Pray for the protection of every citizen across the nation that has found the courage to STAND against this lawless tsunami of illegal immigrants. Pray that many more will join them, forming a national shout of NO to this invasion. Praise God!
- "Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power . . ." (Psalm 110:3)
4. Sen. Menendez: Senate Will Reconsider Controversial U.N. Disabilities Treaty - CNSNews.com
A polarizing U.N. treaty on the rights of disabled persons that failed to pass the U.S. Senate two years ago is back for a second look. Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ), chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said that the United Nations' Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will soon be up for another vote in his committee.
According to the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA), this means that "the government - acting under U.N. directives - gets to determine for all children with disabilities what the government thinks is best." (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for establishing the Home School Legal Defense Association, as well as others who serve as watchmen on the wall for us on behalf of our children. We take heed to their warning, and we ask that You would cause the hearts of this Senate to reject this U.N. Treaty, even as was done two years ago. We plead our case before Your Heavenly Throne, in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous And His ears are open to their cry. The face of the Lord is against evildoers, To cut off the memory of them from the earth." (Psalm 34:15,16)
5. CDC Shipped Deadly Bird Flu to Poultry Lab By Mistake - National Post
The Centers of Disease Control (CDC) accidentally shipped a deadly strain of avian influenza to a poultry research lab. Last month, sloppy handling of anthrax by the CDC potentially exposed roughly 75 its employees to the deadly bacteria. The recent revelations have created a crisis of faith in the federal agency, prompting calls for an independent body to investigate such incidents in the future, as well as for sweeping changes at the agency and to a sprawling web of research labs that has grew after the 2001 terror attacks led to an intensified focus on microbes that could be used as biological weapons. (Read more)
- Lord God, once again, the word "disease" is in the news -- this time not from foreigners bringing plagues across our borders, but by means of our own negligence. We ask that a thorough investigation be undertaken into this matter, so that it not happen again. Please protect Your people, Lord. We ask in Your name, amen.
- "No evil will befall you, Nor will any plague come near your tent." (Psalm 91:10)
6. Pentagon Gives Pink Slips to Thousands of Soldiers - Fox News
The Pentagon is laying off thousands of officers due to sequestration budget cuts to the Defense Department, including active those actively serving overseas in Afghanistan. Defense Department officials said the reductions are the result of mandatory spending cuts imposed by sequestration and are part of their larger plan to reduce the number of U.S. soldiers from 520,000 to 450,000. Roughly 2,600 captains and other officers have or will be laid off, with more expected, Fox News learned Friday. (Read more)
- Lord God Almighty in Heaven, we are alarmed by this report! Although we lean on You to protect us, we also need "boots on the ground" through whom You can work. We are also grieved that so many fine men and women in uniform are suddenly without an income, even after their faithful and sacrificial service to our nation. We ask that this action be overruled, and all things restored to those affected by this report. We ask in Your name, amen.
- "Then I will make up to you for the years That the swarming locust has eaten, The creeping locust, the stripping locust and the gnawing locust, My great army which I sent among you. "You will have plenty to eat and be satisfied And praise the name of the Lord your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you; Then My people will never be put to shame." (Joel 2:25)
7. WH: We've 'Substantially Improved the Tranquility of the Global Community' - CNSNews.com
White House press secretary Josh Earnest said Monday the Obama administration's foreign policies in a number of areas have enhanced the world's "tranquility" - a word that raised eyebrows as reporters pointed to situations in Gaza, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Ukraine and the South China Sea.
More than one reporter during Monday's press briefing referred to a front-page Wall Street Journal article highlighting some of those crises, and citing security strategists as saying "the breadth of global instability now unfolding hasn't been seen since the late 1970s." (Read more)
- If the president and others in his administration actually believe these remarks by the White House Press Secretary, we wonder about their mental state. Are they so far removed from reality that they are actually functioning -- and making policy decisions -- based upon this mindset? A mere survey of the headlines, any day of the week, tells the opposite story: there is now danger on all fronts, foreign and domestic, and prayer and appropriate action is urgently needed. Please stand in the gap and pray for this president, for he knows not what he does.
- " . . . pray for . . . kings and all in authority . . ." (I Tim. 2:1-4; excerpt)
8. Ukraine and Russia edge closer to war amid accusations of cross-border attacks - Telegraph Company UK
Russia and Ukraine lurch closer toward open warfare on Monday as both countries accused each other of lethal cross-border attacks including the downing of a Ukrainian plane, and Moscow appeared to resume a build up of troops on its south-western frontier. The Russian government warned Ukraine could face "irreversible consequences" in response to cross border shelling that killed one person on Sunday. (Read more)
- The word "war" is so much in the news these days -- it is almost too much to bear. Please continue to lift up prayers over the border between Ukraine and Russia, asking our Lord to fend off hostile actions by loosing His holy angels to bring calm and peace. We speak "shalom" to this part of the world . . . shalom.
- "The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry." (Psalm 34:15)
9. Bodies found north of Baghdad as Sunni insurgents turn on each other - Yahoo News
Residents of a town north of Baghdad found 12 corpses with execution-style bullet wounds on Monday following fighting between rival Sunni insurgents that could eventually unravel a coalition which has seized much of northern and western Iraq. (Read more)
- There is a sad biblical precedent for this kind of insanity, recorded in Second Chronicles. As the enemies of Israel begin to turn on each other and destroy each other, offer a prayer for their souls; Christ died for them, too. Perhaps, if we pray, our Lord will visit them in the night, bringing them dreams and visions of Himself, leading to salvation. We ask this in Jesus' Name, amen.
- The Ammonites and Moabites rose up against the men from Mount Seir to destroy and annihilate them. After they finished slaughtering the men from Seir, they helped to destroy one another. (2 Chronicles 20:23)
- "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'" (Isaiah 65:1)
10. U.S. Selling $11B in Weaponry to Gulf State That Supports Hamas, Syrian Jihadists -CNSNews.com
At a time when Hamas continues to fire salvos of rockets into Israel while rejecting a ceasefire proposal, the United States has finalized a deal to provide the Palestinian terrorist group's leading supporter, Qatar, with weaponry worth $11 billion.
The deal signed at the Pentagon Monday by Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and his Qatari counterpart comes just months after a senior U.S. Treasury official in a speech deplored Qatar's open support for Hamas, and covert funding for jihadists in Syria, including the al-Qaeda affiliate Al-Nusra and the al-Qaeda offshoot the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS). (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that You would cause Congress to hold hearings about this travesty, for we do not understand why we keep arming those who wish us evil. We ask that these funds be blocked from reaching Qatar until an appropriate investigation has been made into this matter. This is our tax money; it needs to be spent for the good of our people, and not for our detriment. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, amen.
- "For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light." (Mark 4:22)
The Middle East in Focus
OPERATION PROTECTIVE EDGE: DAY NINE
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"There is . . . a time for war . . ." (Eccl. 3:8)
1. Hamas said to offer 10-year truce - Times of Israel
Hamas's conditions for a ceasefire call for a ten-year truce, and the release of the prisoners originally freed during the 2011 prisoner swap for IDF soldier Gilad Shalit and rearrested after the June 12 killing of three Israeli teenagers, Channel 2 reports.
In addition, the terror organization demands that all crossings to the Gaza Strip be opened, and that the Rafah crossing to Egypt be secured by UN forces. It calls for an airport to be established in the Strip, that fishing areas be expanded, and that Israeli aircraft alter their flight routes such that none fly over the coastal enclave. (Read more)
2. IDF calls on 100,000 Gaza residents along Israeli border to evacuate homes- Ynet News
The IDF called on residents of eastern and northern Gaza to evacuate their homes Tuesday night, apparently ahead of planned military strikes in the areas. A military source said that some 100,000 residents had received warnings to leave their homes.
Specifically, voice messages were left for residents in the eastern Shuja'iyya neighborhood in Gaza City telling them to, "evacuate for the sake of your safety by 8am." Further messages and instructions are expected to be sent Wednesday morning.
Meanwhile a ceaseless barrage of rockets after the unilateral truce led the IDF to resume its aerial strikes throughout the Gaza Strip, earlier on Tuesday afternoon. (Read more)
3. App Alerts When Missiles Launched Against Israel - CBN.com
Over 500,000 people have downloaded a new smartphone app that gives real-time alerts every time a rocket is launched from Gaza into Israel. Go here.
4. Israel suffers first fatality as rocket war rages in Gaza - ICEJ News
Dror Chanin, 37, on Tuesday became the first Israeli killed by enemy fire since Operation Protective Edge began last week. He was hit by shrapnel from a mortar round fired by terrorist groups inside the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip as he was working with a volunteer organization to assist IDF troops near the Erez crossing. More than 100 rockets were fired into Israel during the day Tuesday, despite Israel's agreement to a cease-fire which Hamas rejected.
"The cabinet took a decision to hold fire. In light of the continuation of rocket fire by Hamas and other terrorist organizations, we are working as we have done in recent days - with force and against the components of Hamas's operational infrastructure," OC Southern Command Maj.-Gen.Sami Turgeman said midday. "Hamas launched this operation and brought significant damage to all of its operational infrastructures."(Read more)
5. Netanyahu fires Danon following criticism for accepting cease-fire - ICEJ News
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu fired deputy defense minister, Danny Danon, from his own Likud Party on Tuesday, following sharp criticism for accepting an Egyptian-brokered cease-fire from many lawmakers on the Right, including Yisrael Beytenu leader Avigdor Liberman, Bayit Yehudi head Naftali Bennett and several other MKs. Danon's criticism went further than most, and a source in the Prime Minister's Office said it damaged Israel's deterrence and assisted Hamas by reinforcing the terror militia's narrative.
"While Israel is in the midst of a military operation against terrorist organizations and working determinedly to maintain the security of Israeli citizens, the deputy defense minister cannot sharply attack the leaders of the state," Netanyahu said. "His harsh statements, which Hamas used against Israel, prove his irresponsibility." He added that Danon should resign if he's lost confidence in the government he's part of, but since he didn't, Netanyahu had no choice but to fire him.
6. Hamas is playing a dangerous game with Gazan lives - Washington Post
7. DC Community to Rally in Support of Israel - Jewish Community Relations Council
This rally will take place at noon tomorrow (Thursday) near the White House. To learn more, go here.
Praying over the invasion of illegal immigrants on our southern border
[Note: Recently, the Minuteman Organization put forth a call to bring 3,500 unarmed volunteers to man 2,000 miles of our southern border, protecting us from the invasion of illegal aliens now crossing that line. They are calling this project OPERATION NORMANDY - reminiscent of the time, 70 years ago last month, that the Allied forces landed on Normandy Beach, and turned back the tide of evil of Hitler's Germany.
Now, through acts of prayer and repentance, we too desire to see the end of this invasion of illegal immigrants now flooding our southern border, with our own "Operation Normandy." Below you will find headlines each day, with links to original sources, so that we can pray together point by point as we monitor these developments together. Thank you.]
This week please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE over the headlines below:
"When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:19)
1. Sessions: Deny Funding for Illegals Until Obama Ends Illegal Executive Actions - CNSNews.com
Congress should refuse to approve more taxpayer spending on illegal aliens until Pres. Obama promises to stop taking illegal executive action, Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) told his congressional colleagues in a letter Monday. "The President's other numerous unlawful policies must be terminated," too, by denying funding, Sen. Sessions writes in his letter. (Read more)
- Pray that this effort finds favor with the entire Senate body.
- "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them [a]by My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
2. Rep. Sanchez: 'Nativist, Isolationist Voices' Are Saying, 'Send Them All Back' - CNSNews.com
A new "N-word" -- "nativist" -- has made its way into the immigration debate. Americans who want the influx of Central American children returned to their homes are "nativist" and "isolationist," says Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-Calif.), a member of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. "As the United States, as a world leader, we are very good about telling other countries that they must accept refugees from Syria or Ethiopia or Darfur, but when it comes to a humanitarian crisis on our own border -- involving children, no less -- you hear this nativist, isolationist voices saying that, oh, just ship them all back, send them all back," Sanchez told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell on Monday. "And what's clear is that each one of these cases needs to be evaluated.
They need to have due process." (Read more)
- There is a kind of "mercy" that does not come from the hand of God, but from the hand of our enemy. This UNSANCTIFIED MERCY bears the fruit of one who "robs, steals and destroys" from its victims. This is a seducing spirit that comes as an angel of light, but that bears the fruit of unrighteousness.
Come against this spirit that is now rampant in our land, among our citizens, our clergy, and our governing officials. It seeks to plunder our people. Bind the spirit of deception; loose the spirit of truth. In Jesus Name, amen.
- "Let no man deceive you by any means . . ." (2 Thessalonians 2:3)
3. GOP Lawmaker on Border Fence That Never Was: 'Lots of Different Issues at Play' - CNSNews.com
Rep. Randy Weber (R-Texas) said at a Heritage Foundation event on Tuesday that building a fence along the entire U.S. border with Mexico is problematic. "You have a lot of different issues at play here," including private and public land issues, Weber said at the Conversations with Conservatives event on Capitol Hill. (Read more)
- Please pray in the spirit over this report.
- "Pray without ceasing." (I Thessalonians 5:17)
4. DHS: Parents Giving Birth Control to Girls--'In Case They're Raped'
on Way to USA - CNSNews.com
As the Obama administration tries to warn Central American parents about the dangers of exporting their children to the United States, it appears that some of those parents already know the risks.
Some parents are giving their daughters birth control before they head to the United States -- "in case they're raped along the way," Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson told Congress last week.
"I've met with enough of these kids now, including a 15-year old in Nogales (Ariz.) two weeks ago, who was three months pregnant, to have a real sense for what these kids go through," Johnson told the Senate Appropriations Committee on July 10.
- This is another example of unsanctified mercy. We continue in prayer . . .
- "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people."
5. Arizona protesters hope to stop immigrant transfer - CNSNews.com
Protesters carrying "Return to Sender" and "Go home non-Yankees" signs faced off with immigrant rights activists Tuesday in a small Arizona town after a sheriff said a bus filled with Central American children was on its way. The rallies demonstrated the deep divide of the immigration debate as groups on both sides - and in similar numbers - showed up in Oracle to speak out on the issue. (Read more)
- May God bless the citizens of Arizona and cause their work to prosper! May they be protected from evil, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him." (Proverbs 16:7)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
The prophetic response to destructive leadership
The "president's" failed foreign policy can be blamed for a significant part of the situation today in Israel. His administration's embracing of the Muslim Brotherhood as a foreign policy partner in the Middle East and the shift away from supporting Israel to supporting Islam has created an unstable and hostile environment throughout the Middle East. The litany of US-supported Islamic efforts from Libya to Egypt to Tunisia to Syria and many places in between has emboldened terrorist agents such as the Taliban, al Qaeda, ISIS, and Hamas. American dollars have been invested in many of these organizations and their offshoots, further destabilizing the region.
The "president's" "New Beginnings" June 4, 2009 speech in Cairo, Egypt was indeed a new beginning as representatives of the banned Muslim Brotherhood were invited to the speech, against the wishes of Egypt's leadership. The speech signaled the new US administration's intent to embrace Islam. Some 18 months later revolution spread across the region. By December 2013 rulers were forced from power in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, and Yemen. There were civil uprisings and protests in Bahrain, Syria, Algeria, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco, Sudan, Mauritania, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and notably in the territories within Israel inhabited by the so-called Palestinians.
Today, the Hamas-controlled failure of a Palestinian state in Gaza rains missiles down on Israel by the hundreds. There is no mainstream media connecting that fateful June 2009 New Beginnings speech with the events in Israel today. The Muslim Brotherhood, however, was the founder of Hamas and is deeply connected with many terrorist organizations, some of which still exist in Israel as part of the palestinian movement. They are allied with Hamas and the Palestinian Authority. The support of this White House of the Muslim Brotherhood and its rampage of revolution across the Middle East has emboldened, perhaps even enabled, Hamas to attack Israel.
It is important during this time that Christians recognize there is nothing peaceful or moral about Islam. It is the antithesis of Christianity. 2 John 7 says, "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist." This describes Islam very well. We are instructed in Psalm 122:6 to "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love you." We are also told in Zechariah 12:3, "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it." As a prophetic people our response in prayer is important to our future.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Overcoming spiritual and physical rulers of darkness
What do we do when the president and most of his political party and government minions set out to allow an invasion of the nation by illegal aliens who bring crime, gangs, Islamists, and disease? First, we have to recognize that there is a problem and see it through a lens of clarity. There is very little this "president" has done that has been good for you and me and for America. Somehow, somewhere along the line, we have to suspend our disbelief that a "president" is leading a deliberate destruction of our way of life and that the consequences have dire outcomes for ourselves and our posterity. Some of us recognized this early on, but for the vast majority it is taking a long time.
Then we have to understand where this is coming from. In this, it may be best simplified into two categories--spiritual and physical. The spiritual condition of our nation is manifest in the physical through willing vessels and various levels of ignorance and apathy. Ephesians 6:10-13 says, "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."
Herein, we see that we are up against a spiritual battle. The agents of these principalities seem to congregate in the organization of our government, perhaps because these rulers of darkness are organized similarly and they find willing vessels to do their work, making evil manifestation from spiritual to physical a natural phenomena. I don't really know. It's a thought, though. We have people in leadership who are evildoers and deceivers and are open to influence of spiritual wickedness in high places. There is plenty of good reason why satan would want to see America destroyed. There are many willing vessels. And, quite frankly, unless we turn from our wicked ways, the Lord may allow such chastening.
Some Christians have a belief that America is not worth saving--that they belong to a higher kingdom. This is short-sighted at best. Being Christian and being American are not mutually exclusive. You are American because this is the country you are living in and you share American values. You are part of the kingdom of God because you are Christian. The scriptures instruct us to live out our Christianity here on earth--overcoming evil with good, having done all, to stand, etc. As I see it, we must pray in the Spirit with all perseverance and supplication, and we must open our mouths boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel. It is only in Christ where wisdom is found for solving the problems we face. Then, we need to do all, and having done that, we need to stand.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
40,000 Intercessors to Pray for Israel
40,000 Intercessors to Pray for Israel
Chuck Pierce has released this call for 40,000 prayer warriors to cover Israel in prayer -- a call coming from Cathryn Nash, Frontline Worship Centre, Sylvan Lake, Alberta Canada.
We quote this message below, in part:
Dear believers and lovers of Israel:
The war in Israel has escalated since the brutal murder of the three Jewish teenagers and Israel is at a time of needed manpower. The government has approved for 40,000 reserve troops to be mobilized for a "ground operation".
As this call has gone out and the 40,000 reserve troops have been called in for a ground operation", I believe that the Lord of Host is calling for a heavenly prayer invasion.
The Spirit of the Lord has stirred in my heart to initiate a prayer call for 40,000 intercessors, prayer generals, churches and ministries to stand in the gap together in an "air operation" for Israel. Surely the church will not stand silent and just watch but realize that our assignment and privilege is to be part of this great victory as we stand in the gap.
Esther 4:14 " For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance shall arise for the Jews from elsewhere.."
Revelation 8:4,5 "And the smoke of the incense arose in the presence of God, with the prayers of the people of God, from the hand of the angel So the angel took the censer and filled it with fire from the altar and cast it upon the earth, Then there followed peals of thunder and loud rumblings and blasts and noises, and flashes of lightning and an earthquake."
Let us join together in prayer that 40,000 will arise and partner with the Lord's heart for Israel at this key and critical time with prayers and intercession with one heart and one mind to seek God for a much needed heavenly invasion. Let it be as we pray that heaven's hosts are released on Israel's behalf.
> > > Please watch tomorrow's Brief for more details on this exciting project, as well as several prayer points of agreement.
We praise the Lord that the army of GOD is now moving in UNITY to pray for the Peace of Jerusalem, and for the success of Operation Protective Edge. Amen!
Meriam Ibrahim needs your help
Christian Meriam Ibrahim needs your help
It has been a little over three weeks since the death sentence of Sudanese Christian Meriam Ibrahim was overturned. But Meriam is once again in danger and needs our help.
You will recall that Meriam, married to an American, spent nearly six months in jail with her toddler son, Martin and about four weeks before her death sentence was overturned she gave birth to a baby girl while still in shackles. Prior to giving birth, with Martin by her side she was told she could walk out the door - if she would renounce Jesus Christ. Three times that offer was reportedly made and three times she said she could not, and would not turn her back on Jesus.
Working with several members of Congress and even meeting in person with Sudanese officials, we were able to communicate a clear message that it would be in the best interest of Sudan to recognize the right of religious freedom of their citizens. Because of the international outcry and Congressional pressure the death sentence was overturn.
However, shortly after her release Meriam, her American husband Daniel Wani, and their two children were detained by Sudanese authorities at the airport, as they sought to flee to safety in the U.S. A few days later they were release into protective custody of U.S. officials while those who sought her life filed new charges against her. We were encouraged to see U.S. Embassy officials in Sudan assisting Meriam and her family, but dates for her release promised by Sudanese authorities have come and gone and reportedly new charges have now been filed.
With each passing day that Meriam remains in Sudan, the danger to her life grows. Even if she is cleared of the new charges against her, the threats to her life from others still remain. Sudanese officials are attuned to what American Christians, both in government and in churches across the U.S. are saying. It is imperative that we continue to show public concern for the release of Meriam and her family from Sudan.
One way that you and your congregation can help is to sign our petition to Secretary of State John Kerry to call on the Sudanese government to stop detaining Meriam's family. The more signatures we have, the more pressure we can apply to both those holding Meriam and those who can help facilitate her release. You can find the petition at: frc.org/Sudan
I would also ask that you and your congregation pray this Sunday for Meriam.
Standing (Ephesians 6:13),
Tony Perkins, President
Family Research Council
P.S. I was just informed that Congress is working to hold a hearing on Meriam's situation next week. Please pray for that hearing. Also, please forward this alert to friends, family and fellow church members, and post to your favorite social networks.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
The Amazing Story of How Brazil's Top Soccer
Superstar was Nearly Aborted, but Lived
"The fact that Thiago didn't succumb to his environment is as much a credit to God as it is to Thiago and his family. This is the miracle of a Christian life which allows God the opportunity to transform every single person from the lowest depths to the greatest heights." -Guilherme Ferreira Araujo
(Brazil)-Thiago Silva is one of the top stars in Brazil's national soccer team. So important was he to this year's team that many sports commentators blamed the country's first and only loss in the semifinals of this year's world cup to the fact that Thiago was prevented from playing that game. But what people just recently learned in a mini-documentary about Thiago's life is that abortion nearly took Thiago's life before he ever had a chance to take a breath, much less kick a soccer ball.
Thiago Silva now lives the gilded life a soccer star playing in the big leagues in Europe. He lives in Paris and plays for the French champions, Paris Saint Germaine. In addition to his great skill as a defensive back, Thiago Silva's deep Christian faith before and after the matches, when he is often seen praying, is evident.
Although Silva was born to a desperately poor family that lived near a dangerous shantytown in the city of Rio de Janeiro, he was able to overcome these hardships and achieve great success in the eyes of the world.
As a professional soccer player, Thiago Silva has won many prizes, including being named as one of the top 11 players in Europe for three consecutive years. But surely none of his professional achievements would have meant anything without the most amazing gift of all, the respect that his mother and grandfather had for Thiago's God given right to life.
A report made by Globo TV Channel, the largest TV station in Brazil, revealed that Thiago's mother, Angela, already had two children-a boy and a girl-when she became pregnant with Thiago. She was convinced she couldn't afford to raise another child, and despite feeling terrible pain at the thought of aborting her baby, she was convinced she had no other option.
"I was sitting on my father's lap and I cried a lot. I didn't want to have an abortion, but I couldn't bear another child," he said. Angela's father, however, convinced her not to abort the baby. "My father did not allow me to commit this sin," recalled Angela.
Poverty and illness loomed large in Thiago's childhood. When he was 14, he suffered from tuberculosis. "It was the greatest battle of my life. I had to stay in the hospital for 6 months until I recovered."
Living a mere 50 meters away from one of Rio's infamous shantytowns, the famous soccer center back could have easily turned to a life of crime. "We would always hear shootings. The cops would come to the borough where I lived often. When I got home I would thank God for getting (me) home safe." But instead, Thiago chose to follow God and pursue his dream of becoming a professional soccer player.
Source: Breaking Christian News
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Methane explosion? Meteorite crater?
Scientists baffled by gigantic 262ft hole that has appeared at Siberia's 'End of The World'
An urgent expedition will leaves tomorrow to probe a giant crater that has appeared in gas-rich northern Siberia.
Extraordinary aerial images show a mysterious hole which experts say may be up to 262 feet wide, in the Yamal Peninsula of northern Russia.
'A scientific team has been sent to investigate the hole and is due to arrive at the scene on Wednesday,' The Siberian Times has reported.
The cause of the hole's sudden appearance in Yamal - which translates as 'the end of the world' - in the far north of Siberia is not yet known.
Another theory is that the hole was formed by a meteorite striking this lonely spot in the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Region, some 20 miles from the Bovanenkovo gas field.
'There is agreement that soil around the hole was thrown out of the crater, large enough for several Mi-8 helicopters to fly into it,' The Siberian Times reported - before adding 'not that they have.'
The expedition organised by the Yamal authorities includes experts from Russia's Centre for the Study of the Arctic, and also the Cryosphere Institute of the Academy of Sciences. (Daily Mail UK)
To see the full article, as well as amazing photos of this phenomenon, go here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Casting Crowns - "Praise You in the Storm"