Please note the special prayers
for Patriot's Day, below.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
"Rend your heart and not your garments. . ." (Joel 2:13)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
The Daily Brief
1. Putin: Strike would unleash terrorism - CNN
(In a New York Times OpEd), the Russian president wrote that he wanted "to speak directly to the American people" to warn against military action in Syria.
- As the rhetoric continues to intensify on both sides regarding a possible strike on Syria's chemical weapons arsenal, ask our Lord to intervene in the hearts of these leaders, so that only peaceful negotiations will come forth and a peaceful resolution to this conflict will follow. Ask and Pray, amen.
- "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? " (Jer. 32:27)
2. Syria vows to give up chemical weapons, no deal yet at U.N. - Reuters
Syria accepted a Russian proposal on Tuesday to give up chemical weapons and win a reprieve from U.S. military strikes but serious differences emerged between Russia and the United States that could obstruct a U.N. resolution to seal a deal.
- Father in heaven, we pray that all the interminable speeches and counter-productive measures come to an end and the power of God settle these issues between Syria, Russia, the United States and the U.N. Break forth, Lord God, in such miraculous ways that these nations will recognize that it could only be the work of the Holy God in heaven. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "At that day shall a man look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel." (Isaiah 17:7)
3. Syria plan in limbo, Obama asks Congress to postpone strike vote - Fox News President Obama, in a national address originally intended to rally the country behind a strike on Syria, instead used the moment to announce he was hitting pause on military action in order to let negotiations over a Russia-backed plan run their course.
- Father, we thank You for taking control and by Your hand caused this pause on military action. We pray that a semblance of peace come upon this area. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "The nations shall rush like a rushing of many water. but God shall rebuke them, and there shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind." (Isaiah 17:13)
4. Putin shipping Assad more weapons to crush rebels - Times of Israel Russia is stepping up weapons supplies to Syria's President Bashar Assad, to help him prevail in the civil war, as part of the arrangements under which the Assad regime has agreed in principle to have its chemical weapons stockpiles placed under international supervision, Israel television reported on Tuesday night.
- Lord God, we pray that You will oversee all that transpires from these arrangements and bind the Assad regime to follow-through with his agreement regarding its chemical weapons. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Without counsel, purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counselors they are established." (Proverbs 15:22)
5. Americans Respond to Obama Pitch for Syria Strike - AP As President Barack Obama made the case Tuesday night for possible U.S. military intervention in Syria, he addressed a public hardened by the lessons of past wars, murky on the details of the current crisis and fearful of what another conflict abroad would mean for America.
- Father God, we ask You to keep the U.S. military out of this Syrian conflict and bind and break down any pacts to involve our young Americans in that fight. God, call forth the Syrian army and the Syrian rebels to settle their fight among themselves without calling for America to intervene. Protect our military, Lord God, in the Name of Jesus, and keep them safe from pending harm.
- "There is a way which seems right unto a man; but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Proverbs 14:12)
6. House preps plan to avert shutdown, force Senate Obamacare vote - NBC News House Republican leaders are moving forward with a bill that would extend government funding until mid-December, averting a government shutdown but forcing the Democratically-controlled Senate into a vote on defunding the 2010 health care reform law.
- Mighty God, it was in Your mighty hands that Obamacare was turned to sawdust and fell at Your feet where you sat totally dissolved to sawdust. By this, we know that all the fight and fury to keep that health care alive is a futile struggle, totally useless, unimportant, trivial, and completely wasted efforts. Thank You Holy Father for destroying this bill by turning it to sawdust at Your feet. In Jesus' great Name.
- "He that sits in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall He speak unto them in His wrath, and vex and trouble them in His great displeasure." (Psalm 2:4-5)
7. Top 1% take biggest income slice on record - USA Today
The gulf between the richest 1% of the USA and the rest of the country got to its widest level in history last year.
- Lord God, You are in control of the mighty and the strong and You also know the difference between right and wrong. We ask that the government not be the recipient of stolen money to personally profit individually by the gain. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap."(Psalm 69:22)
8. "2 Million Bikers" roar over Muslims in D.C. - WND
It was originally billed as "The Million Muslim March," though organizers later revised it to the "Million American March Against Fear." But at noon Wednesday in the nation's capital, there weren't a million Muslims or Americans to be found anywhere - not even close.
In fact, a WND-TV news crew on the scene, preparing to provide live coverage of the event in a webcast, was unable to locate any of the marchers who were supposed to go from the National Mall to the Supreme Court and the White House.
Mark Segraves of the NBC affiliate in Washington reported that only "about 25 people," including activist Cornel West, were at the Muslim march as of 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, with a group of Christians about the same size nearby.
However, the counter-protest by bikers was in evidence everywhere.
Driving in from Canada and from all over the United States, the bikers, who were denied a permit for their demonstration, were flooding the capital.
At approximately 1 p.m., "2 Million Bikers to DC" Facebook page co-founder Belinda Bee posted that police have counted nearly 1 million bikers are on the streets of Washington. (Read more)
- We praise God tonight that we still live in free country, where freedom of expression is recognized as a God- given right under our Constitution.
We praise God, too, for the perhaps ONE MILLION who rode their cycles into D.C. to demonstrate a love for our nation on Patriot's day.
And finally, we thank our God that, once again, the enemy of our souls -- those who follow Islam -- has been humbled. May those who came to the Mall today, as well as the remaining one million who did not show up, all find Jesus Christ as their Savior and their Lord. In His Name we pray, amen.
- "Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles, lest the LORD see it and be displeased, and turn away his wrath from him." (Proverbs 24:17,18)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" (Genesis 18:25b)
1. Fatah-aligned Aksa Martyrs Brigades call for terror attacks against Israel - Jerusalem Post
A leaflet distributed on Tuesday by the Fatah-affiliated Al- Aksa Martyrs Brigades called for launching "fedayeen [guerilla] operations" against Israel as of this coming Friday.
2. Israel: Proposed Syrian WMD compromise could serve as template for Iran - Jerusalem Post
Syria's readiness to consider relinquishing its stockpiles of chemical weapons in hopes of evading punitive strikes by the US military should serve as a template for the international community's strategy in confronting a nuclear-driven Iran, diplomatic sources said on Tuesday.
3. Fears of Western strike on Syria spread in Mideast - AP
Fears of a possible U.S. strike against Syria's regime over an alleged chemical weapons attack rippled across the region Wednesday, as about 6,000 Syrians fled to neighboring Lebanon in a 24-hour period and Israelis scrambled for gas masks in case Damascus retaliates against them.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)
The Degradation of Christian Women under Islam - Gatestone Institute
Meanwhile, in Egypt, U.S. ambassador Anne Patterson was urging Christian Copts not to protest Muslim Brotherhood rule, even though they would suffer under it most. Al Azhar, the world's oldest Islamic university, called on the new Catholic Pope, Francis I, to declare that Islam is a religion of peace.
The degradation of Christian women living in the Islamic world continued in the month of June. In Syria, after the al-Qaeda linked rebel group conquered Qusair, a city of the governate of Homs, 15-year-old Mariam was kidnapped, repeatedly gang raped according to a fatwa legitimizing the rape of non-Sunni women by any Muslim waging jihad against Syria's government, and then executed.
According to Agenzia Fides, "The commander of the battalion 'Jabhat al-Nusra' in Qusair took Mariam, married and raped her. Then he repudiated her. The next day the young woman was forced to marry another Islamic militant. He also raped her and then repudiated her. The same trend was repeated for 15 days, and Mariam was raped by 15 different men. This psychologically destabilized her and made her insane. Mariam became mentally unstable and was eventually killed."
In Pakistan, Muslim men stormed the home of three Christian women, beat them, stripped them naked and tortured them, and then paraded them in the nude in a village in the Kasur district. Days earlier, it seems the goats of the Christian family had accidentally trespassed onto Muslim land; Muslims sought to make an example of the Christian family, who, as third-class citizens, must know their place at all times.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Madison Report
The Madison Report
Budget CR - With the deadline to fund the government for FY 2014 expiring on October 1- the very day the Obamacare exchanges are set to open - we have one last opportunity to defund Obamacare before it begins to take root. The Framers established a bicameral legislature, in part, to vest the power of the purse in the hands of those closest to the people. Given that the Republicans control the House, they have the power to pass a government funding bill with a rider defunding Obamacare. The onus would then be upon the Senate to fund the government or force a shutdown in order to save Obama's unpopular and unworkable law.
Sadly, House Republicans plan to pass a short-term CR, possibly this week, funding the government until mid-December - without any effort to defund Obamacare. Look for Republican leadership in both the House and Senate to focus on a few shiny objects to distract conservatives. They will tout the fact that the budget bill is preserving the sequester cuts to discretionary spending. They will also distract with standalone efforts to repeal Obamacare or parts of the law. On Wednesday, the House will consider the No Subsidies Without Verification Act, H.R. 2775, which would require verification of eligibility before accessing the Obamacare health insurance subsidies. Obviously, these laws will never see any daylight in the Democrat-controlled Senate. Republicans are willing to do anything to disrupt Obamacare, except for when it will actually force the issue; namely, in a CR.
a) Debt Ceiling Bait-and-Switch: GOP leaders are saying that the purpose of punting on the CR is so they can fight more aggressively on the debt ceiling fight, which is scheduled to commence some time in October. The problem is that they have said this a half dozen times since taking over the House in 2011. In fact, this past January, Republicans agreed to suspend the debt ceiling so they could fight on the March CR. In reality, it is much harder to engage in brinkmanship over the debt ceiling because of the hype over a default. Hence, any promise to fight on the harder battle is laughable. Ultimately, they have no plans to defund Obamacare using either point of leverage.
b) Sequester Charade: Once again, the sequester is the shiny object. But didn't we already lock in the sequester in March? Wasn't that already used to sugar-coat the bitter pill of funding Obamacare in March? Why recycle it? Are we going to put a double lock in it?
As the clock winds down to October 1, conservatives must remain focused solely on defunding Obamacare. There is nothing more important or timely than our last opportunity to block implementation of the worst law in American history.
It is the day after Obama's speech to the country on Syria. Military action has been postponed, perhaps permanently, an outcome most conservatives wanted. Yet, I doubt many of us woke up happy this morning. I know I did not.
It is not a happy experience to watch your country drown under the accumulating weight of Obama's mistakes. Certainly I have no doubt he would have failed implementing his Syria strikes, just as he has failed with virtually everything else, and he likely would have empowered our enemies in the process.
Since the end of World War II, the goal of every U.S. president has been to keep Russia and its influence out of the Middle East. Now we have a president who welcomes Russia in so that he can avoid the consequences of his rash rhetoric.
The "big man" on the world stage now is Vladimir Putin. His "bigness" grows as Obama shrinks. Should we really believe the country that has armed Syria for decades will now disarm it? In the last 24 hours, Putin made it clear that the price for his cooperation with Obama would be a U.S. pledge of pacifism in the future.
Meanwhile, Russia is stepping up the shipment of conventional arms to Assad, guaranteeing the Syrian civil war continues. And he isn't stopping with the rearming of Assad.
A Russian government "mouthpiece" newspaper in Moscow reports this morning that Putin will now complete the sale of sophisticated S-300 air defense missiles to Iran and is also willing to help build a second nuclear reactor for the Bushehr nuclear plant.
Here is our "Hobson's Choice:" We can withdraw from the world and leave it to the tender mercies of Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, etc. Or we can try to judiciously and wisely defend our interests and those of our allies under a commander-in-chief who is incoherent, clueless and feckless about how the world works.
The first choice is unthinkable. The second choice will likely end in failure. In either case, the cause of our nation and of our values will be grievously harmed and the world will be a more dangerous place. Some "hope and change." (Gary Bauer)
Assyrian Christians Oppose Strike
Assyrian American National Coalition
Opposes Military Strike Against Syria
(AINA) -- The Assyrian American National Coalition (AANC) has launched a petition against an American military strike in Syria. Citing the disastrous consequences for the Assyrians (also known as Chaldeans and Syriacs) of Iraq since 2003, who have been subjected to a low-grade genocide and whose population has dropped from 1.4 million to 400,000, AANC calls on the U.S. Government to consider the effects of regime change on Assyrians and other Christians in Syria, given that the rebels are mostly Jihadists and hostile to Christians.
To read the text of their document, go here.
(Source: Assyrian International News Agency)
- Lord God, Abba Father, we ask that You would cause the president and all military and governing authorities in these United States to please hear the cries of Your people in Syria. Abba, we thank You that as we trust in You, You will release Your mantle of protection over them and grant them Your peace. May the peace these saints demonstrate in these trying times be used as a light to draw others to come to know You . . . the source of all our joy in all of our circumstances. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, amen.
- Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion,
which cannot be shaken but endures forever.
As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore.
The scepter of the wicked will not remain
over the land allotted to the righteous,
for then the righteous might use their hands to do evil.
Lord, do good to those who are good,
to those who are upright in heart.
But those who turn to crooked ways
the Lord will banish with the evildoers. (Psalm 125)
21 DAYS Seeking God's Face
21 DAYS Seeking God's Face
In the spirit of 2 Chronicles 7:14, Intercessors for America senses a renewed call from God to humble ourselves, pray, seek His Face, and turn from our wicked ways. We agree with their leadership that this call is deeply personal and believe God wants His people to seek Him with an attitude of repentance. We invite you to join with us as together we seek God's face daily for 21 days, commencing on the anniversary of 9/11 and continuing through 10/1/2013.
How You Can Participate:
-- Register to receive devotionals for 21 days to encourage you beginning on 9/11 and continuing through 10/1/2013.
-- Set aside quality time each day to pray and seek God's face.
-- View daily devotion through email, on Facebook, Twitter, or at NationalDayofRepentance.org
-- Keep a prayer journal for the 21 days and record what the Lord shows you.
Forward this email to a friend.
For more information, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Trail Life USA to Focus on Adventure, Character, Leadership
The inaugural Leadership Convention of Trail Life USA was held in Nashville, Tenn. More than 1,200 attended last weekend, including former scoutmasters, Eagle Scouts and Boy Scouts of America professionals. Trail Life USA will be an outdoor scouting organization for boys ages 5-17. The program will provide young men with adventure, character building events and leadership training from a Christian perspective - and offer them an alternative to the faltering Boy Scouts.
Coming up with the name and branding for the group was a very practical process, according to Clint Cline with Design 4 Marketing.
"We engaged hundreds of thousands of people through online surveys, our Facebook page, and blast emails," he said. "We also involved focus groups in two different cities where we engaged parents and young men who would be members of an organization like this." (CitizenLink) Read more.
Billion Souls Prayer Call
Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call
Devotional for Day 37
11 September 2013
John Robb, International Prayer Council and Children in Prayer movement
11 September marks a special day in the USA. Today Christians across that nation will join together for two prayer events - National Day of Prayer and Repentance and Cry Out America. Let us offer special prayer for them today as they seek the Lord for their nation at this crucial time.
Intention: We need to teach children to hear the voice of God so that they may change the spiritual climate in their families, in their schools and even in their nations.
"Let the little children come to Me and do not hinder them. For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these" (Matthew 19:14 NASB).
"Let the little children come to Me and do not hinder them. For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these" (Matthew 19:14 NASB).
We know that it was the boy Samuel who clearly heard the voice of the Father, but it was Eli, the High Priest, who guided him in understanding and encouraged him in obedience. Today parents, teachers and adults all carry the responsibility to provide opportunities and guidance for the next generation to grow in prayer and intimacy with God.
The church no longer needs to entertain this generation; they are crying out to be trained as worship leaders, intercessors and evangelists.
Teaching children to hear the voice of God is an important part of discipling this generation. It takes discipline and practice but as they listen they begin to recognise their Father's voice and learn to follow Him. Obedience to God's Word is a vital step in the preparation of a spiritual army and children are eager to ask forgiveness from their peers, to do acts of repentance and to change the spiritual climate in their schools, families and even their nations.
And the stories just keep on coming in from around the globe, as an ever increasing number of children join the most remarkable prayer awakening in the Church in recorded history. Could this be the "Third Great Awakening" taking place in our time?
Now it is our time to prepare the way, to make the path straight, to give this generation the support and encouragement they need to fulfil their God-given destiny.
Our Loving Heavenly Father, we thank you for the gift of children and all the love, joy and blessing they bring into our lives. Forgive us for leaving them aside when we are too busy for them or underestimating their capacity to hear from you and be used by you for your holy plans and purposes in the world today. Thank you for the many children's prayer movements that you have raised up around the world in these last days and how they are having a great impact for the Kingdom of God. Help us to disciple the next generation even from their infancy and early childhood that they may learn how to hear your voice so that they may truly know you and be channels of your love to lost and dying world. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
To view the Four Daily Prayer Points, as well as the Introduction to this prayer strategy, please visit their website by going here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
From the Inside Out
In my heart and my soul
Lord I give You control
Consume me from the inside out,
Lord, let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love you from the inside out.