Tonight Begins Rosh Hashana --
Happy New Year!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
"To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven . . ." (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
To Our Jewish Friends . . . those with Jewish Hearts:
Happy New Year (5774)!
Happy New Year (5774)!
The Daily Brief
1. Senators push for attack as White House ponders Syria strike draft - Ynet News
The White House is prepared to rework language in a draft resolution authorizing military force in Syria to address concerns from lawmakers, an administration official said on Monday. A new use-of-force resolution for Syria sets a 60-day deadline, with one 30-day extension possible, for President Barack Obama to launch military strikes against the regime of Syria President Bashar Assad - and it will also bar the involvement of U.S. ground forces in Syria.
The revised resolution was crafted by Sens. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) and Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), the chairman and ranking member of the Foreign Relations Committee, following several days of negotiations. The panel could vote on the proposal by Wednesday. Aides to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) were also involved in the discussions over the revised resolution.
- Father, we pray that all these negotiations will be guided by the divine hand of God. We trust You to send the presence of the Holy Spirit over the northern border of Israel, and neutralize the fierce hatred in the hearts of the Syrian's which cry out for blood to be spilled and death to Israel. May the message go out strong and clear that the hand of the Lord is upon the enemies of Israel and You will fight their battles. In Jesus' Name.
- "The Lord shall establish Israel a holy people unto Himself, as He has sworn unto them, if you shall keep the commandments of the Lord your God, and walk in His ways. And all the people of the earth shall see that Israel is called by the Name of the Lord; and they shall be afraid of them." (Deuteronomy 28:9-10)
2. McCain: Rejection of Syria war resolution would be 'catastrophic' - Washington Times
Emerging from a private briefing with President Obama at the White House on Monday, Sen. John McCain warned it would be "catastrophic" if Congress rejected a resolution authorizing Mr. Obama to take military action against Syria over its suspected use of chemical weapons.
- Father, send Your fire into Syria and destroy their chemical weapons. Let this be a display of the power of the Lord God of Israel in fighting their enemies. God, we ask for a miracle that will exonerate Your great Name over Israel. Blow out the flames of hatred by the breath of God and quench all blasphemy against Your Name. We pray in Jesus' Name.
- "The Lord shall cause your enemies that rise up against you to be smitten and defeated before God's face: they shall come out against you one way, and flee before you seven ways." (Deuteronomy 28:7)
3. Obama plans rebel aid with Syria strikes, senators say - CNN
U.S. plans for strikes against Syria may be coupled with increased support for rebel forces in that country's civil war, two leading Republican senators said after meeting with President Barack Obama on Monday.
- Father, take control of the voices and the motives that are coming out of the mouths of men in authority. Unless it be God's absolute power working here, then close the mouths of those who speak with evil motives that would only stir up the embers of this fire in and around Syria. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "And you shall not deviate from any of the words which I the Lord command you this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them" (Deuteronomy 28:14)
4. Al-Qaeda, Hamas operatives applied for CIA jobs, say new Snowden files - Ynet News
The US government suspects that individuals with connections to al-Qaeda and other hostile groups have repeatedly sought to obtain jobs in the intelligence community, the Washington Post reported Monday.
- Father, send the Holy spirit of repentance upon America, and bring our people back to God. This will be an act that will close the gates through which our enemies; al-Qaeda, Hamas, and other hostile groups, could pass through. Block any decision to employ this blatant wickedness in leadership positions. Put the Blood of Jesus over those in our capitol and restrain evil from coming forth. In Jesus' Name.
- "Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works; but you shall utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images."
5. Union dumps AFL-CIO for its positions on ObamaCare, immigration reform - Fox News
It is with regret but resolve that we have come to the point where the International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) must cut formal ties with the ALF-CIO, . . . Obama ran on a platform that he would not tax medical plans and at the 2009 AFL- CIO Convention, you stated that labor would not stand for a tax on our benefits. Yet the Federation later lobbied affiliates to support a bill that taxed our health care plans.
- Father God, we praise You that some in the union movements have now "seen the light" about the many problems of the Affordable Health Care Act. As cited in the letter above, the president has once again promised one thing (not taxing medical plans) and is now doing the opposite. We thank You for the courage shown by this union in disengaging from the AFL-CIO and we ask that others would follow their lead. May many union members call Congress this month and demand that Obamacare be defunded in the next budget. We ask all this in Jesus mighty Name, amen.
- "Your people shall volunteer freely in the day of Your power." (Psalm 110:3)
6. Christian bakery closes after LGBT threats, protests - Fox News
A family-owned Christian bakery, under investigation for refusing to bake a wedding cake for a lesbian couple, has been forced to close its doors after a vicious boycott by militant homosexual activists.
"It's a sad day for Christian business owners and it's a sad day for the First Amendment," owner Aaron Klein told me. "The LGBT attacks are the reason we are shutting down the shop. They have killed our business through mob tactics."
- Father God, may these LGBT people reap what they have sown, bringing the power of God upon their sins. Where one door is shut another will open to this Christian bakery. Fight their battle, Lord God, and bring them forth with more prosperity and favor than they ever believed was possible. Uncover them from this evil blanket that has been thrown on them. Cause this Christian family to come forth with the glory of the Lord upon them. In Jesus' Name.
- "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him: but I will maintain mine own ways before Him. He also shall be my salvation." (Job 13:15)
7. BREAKING NEWS: SENATE PANEL APPROVES OBAMA REQUEST FOR USE OF FORCE AGAINST SYRIA - Fox News
Senate panel approves resolution giving Obama authority to use military force against Syria, full Senate expected to vote next week. (Read more)
Please note: In the matrix of activity on the Hill, it is easy to get lost in the maze. This vote is NOT that of the full Senate, but only of one, authorizing committee. As stated above, the full Senate will convene next week, at which time this vote will be taken by all of its 100 members.
A parallel process is occurring now on the House side of the Hill: the House Foreign Affairs Committee must first approve a similar bill . . . meaning that this bill will then be referred (again next week) to the full House for its vote.
- Pray that our citizens not be confused by this process, thinking that this action (allowing the president to launch missiles into Syria) is a "done deal" now. Quite the opposite! There is still time to call your two senators and your own member of Congress and express your own opinion as to whether this strike should occur. The number of the Capitol Switchboard is: (202) 224-3121.
- " . . . for God is not a God of confusion but of peace . . ." (I Corinthians 14:33)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Yahweh has established His throne in heaven, And His kingdom rules over all." (Psalm 103:19)
1. General: Obama Stopped Strike on Iran - Israel National News
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu planned airstrikes targeting Iran's nuclear program, but called them off following a request from United States President Barack Obama, General (res.) Giora Eiland has reportedly revealed.
The Mida website quoted statements reportedly made by Eiland, the former head of the National Security Council, in a closed conference on defense.
According to Eiland, "The Prime Minister thought that we had reached the point where a decision had to be made on Iran, and he planned an attack."
"In principle, Israel does not need American authorization for military action, unless the Americans demand unequivocally that we refrain from an action," he continued.
That is what happened in this case, he said. Netanyahu presented his plan to American leaders, and was told that it was not acceptable to them. This led him to shelve the plan.
2. 'Next time Obama tells us he has our back, can we trust him?' - Israel Hayom
Israeli officials tell CNN: Delay in acting against Syria raising questions about Obama's stated commitment to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapon * Peres: "I am confident that Obama will not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon."
"We are stuck in an impossible situation," a senior Israeli official has told CNN in relation to U.S. President Barack Obama's decision to seek congressional approval for a strike on Syria. "If we endorse Obama's message or publicly encourage him to act we are seen as weak or trying to drag America into a war it doesn't need for Israel's sake.
"If we stay on the sidelines, we are not seen as being supportive enough in calling for action. We totally do believe the international community, led by the United States, should do something because not acting is a signal to like-minded dictators that they can act with impunity. But we want them to do it because it is a moral imperative for the world, not for our sake. We have always said we don't rely on anyone for our security and can take care of ourselves," the senior official said.
3. Obama's Hesitation on Syria Prompts Bibi To Reconsider Options on Iran - The Jewish Press
JERUSALEM - Despite repeated assurances by President Obama that the U.S. will not allow Iran to produce nuclear weapons, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel has quietly met with senior military and political leaders to reassess Israel's options against the Islamic regime in the wake of Obama's reluctance to launch an all-out military attack against Syrian positions.
Obama's decision to wait for congressional debate and approval before taking military action was reached despite Secretary of State John Kerry's acknowledgment that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces used sarin gas against civilians and rebel combatants on at least 14 different occasions.
Sources report that Netanyahu and IDF Chief of Staff Benny Gantz were shocked by U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey's claims that it made no difference if American air and naval forces struck key Syrian military and government installations a week, or even a month, from now. Israeli and Arab newspapers reported that it was Israeli military intelligence that provided Dempsey and Obama with irrefutable evidence about the Syrian military's use of sarin gas.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love." (I Peter 1:6-8)
1. UN Declares Syria the 'Great Tragedy' of the Century; Millions Fleeing Country - Christian Post
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) declared that Syria is the "great tragedy" of the 21st century and revealed in a new report that over 2 million people have fled the civil-war stricken country, with the numbers rising.
"The war is now well into its third year and Syria is hemorrhaging women, children and men who cross borders often with little more than the clothes on their backs," the UN refugee agency said in a statement on Tuesday.
"This trend is nothing less than alarming, representing a jump of almost 1.8 million people in 12 months," it added.
Over 100,000 people have been killed in the conflict between Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces and rebels, with international pleas for a peaceful resolution going unanswered. The crisis hit a critical point in August with reports that chemical weapons have been used on civilians, killing over 1,429 people, including more than 400 children.
The U.S. has blamed Assad's regime for the chemical attacks, and President Barack Obama is seeking Congressional approval that would allow him to lead a military strike on Syria to bring down the government - though notable allies, like the U.K., have refused to back another military operation in the Middle East.
U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres said at a news conference on Tuesday that "Syria has become the great tragedy of this century - a disgraceful humanitarian calamity with suffering and displacement unparalleled in recent history."
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
Urgent Update from San Antonio
City Council Vote on Rosh Hashanah, September 5
No one but God could schedule the San Antonio City Council vote on Rosh Hashanah, The Feast of Trumpets, which begins at sundown on Wednesday and ends at sundown on Friday. And here's something else. Allan Parker, founder of The Justice Foundation and one of the local leaders for the defeat of the city ordinance asked a rabbi to bring his shofar team of 10 to blow their shofars at 9 am CT outside the council chambers. That was before Allan knew it was Rosh Hashanah! In the Hebrew culture, the shofar is used to call the people together, to announce something and to sound a warning or alarm. It's also used in battle. The blasts of the trumpet at Rosh Hashanah announce the Head of the Year, the Jewish New Year. However, for us in San Antonio, it will be a sound much like the Lord told Joshua to instruct the priests to execute in the battle of Jericho in Joshua 6. Verse 16 says, "The seventh time around, when the priests sounded the trumpet blast, Joshua commanded the army, 'Shout! For the LORD has given you the city!'"
There is something you can do around the world. Will you join us?
At 9 am CT, Thursday, September 5, blow the shofar and lift a shout focused on San Antonio, Texas, GROUND ZERO FOR BIBLICAL VALUES.
[If you don't have a shofar, join us here after you skip the ad! ]
May the sound of shofars around the world echoing with a united cry confuse the powers of darkness holding back justice and righteousness in San Antonio. And as Amos 5:24 says, "Let justice run down as a river, and righteousness as a mighty stream." May San Antonio, a Mercy City, prioritize pleasing God rather than man and may believers around the world unite for the Alamo City.
Join us across the world as we lift a trumpet blast and a shout to the ears of Almighty God.
Justice at the Gate
PO Box 681148
San Antonio, TX 78268
TO READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE, INCLUDING GRAPHICS, PLEASE GO HERE.
Jan Willem van der Hoeven, Director
International Christian Zionist Center
Beginning September 9, the United States Senate and Congress, in response to the request of President Barack Obama, will deliberate and vote on whether or not to punish Syria's Bashar Assad for using chemical weapons on his people. Israelis will await the outcome with bated breath, for the American lawmakers' final decision will send a loud and clear signal of potential consequences to the evil Iranian leadership who, with their soon-to-be-ready nuclear arsenal, pose a far greater danger to Israel.
The conclusion and pronouncement of both houses of Congress will confirm to Iran and the other enemies of the young State of Israel whether or not America can still be trusted by her friends as a strong ally, and feared by her enemies as more than a paper tiger.
Today it looks as if especially the Congress - with its many Christian pro-Israel men and women - will this time vote with the president, perhaps even asking him to make the intended strike against Syria more robust. There is thus a high possibility that the US attack will come between the September 9 and the beginning of the Feast of Tabernacles.
Yom Kippur falls on September 13/14 this year, with the Feast set to begin the evening of the 17th. This leaves plenty of time so that, after the conclusion of the deliberations in the Senate and Congress, the distinct possibility exists that the coming war - though short - could erupt before the Feast of Tabernacles begins.
What a privilege, then, to be standing with Israel at such a time as this, as we will do during the Feast of Tabernacles, showing them that they are not alone, and encouraging them with our love, prayers and songs!
How particularly critical this could be, for Israel may well bear the brunt of all the enmity of Iran, Lebanon's Hizbollah, and Syria. Indeed all three have already declared their intention to flatten Tel Aviv and make the people of Israel pay for an American bombing of Syria. Nor dare we forget that Iran and Hizbollah are already assisting Syria with all kinds of weapons and many soldiers. For all "this help" they will insist that Syria lend Iran a hand to finish Israel off.
It will be highly probable then - and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu already alluded to this - that during the High Holy days (possibly even on Yom Kippur) Israel could face an onslaught from these three enemies who, as he said, themselves face the terrifying consequences of perpetrating such a blatant attack on Israel. It is against this background, maybe just after this short - and for Israel's enemies, devastating - war, that we shall have the high privilege of being in Israel for the Feast, to be a comfort and blessing from God Almighty to the Jewish people, even as He spoke: Comfort ye, comfort ye My people!
[Read full article here.]
Rosh Hashana Greetings from P.M. Netanyahu
Rosh Hashana Greetings from P.M. Netanyahu
The Embassy of Israel has released this greeting to Jews around the world from the Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Blessed "to Motivate"-15-year-old Entrepreneur
Creates Multi-million Dollar Company, Credits the Lord
"I'd like to thank my Lord and Savior. Without Him, I would be nowhere. He's given me the blessing to have the company and profound success, but to also be a motivation to others."
(St. Louis, MO)-At an age where many of his more motivated peers might succeed in landing a good lawn-mowing job for the summer, Jalen Bledsoe-12 at the time-began his own tech company.
Now, a 15-year-old high school student, Bledsoe is CEO and President of Bledsoe Technologies, successfully expanding his business globally, employing about 150 people. According to a FOX2Now news report, his self-started company is now worth $3.5 million.
News of this remarkable, young entrepreneur hit media outlets this week, and after several interviews, Jalen posted a blog to make sure the glory was being directed to the right place; to God.
In light of recent media attention," wrote Bledsoe on his blog. "I've been so busy speaking on the company and not thanking Someone who should be thanked. I'd like to thank my Lord and Savior. Without Him, I would be nowhere. He's given me the blessing to have the company and profound success, but to also be a motivation to others."
In his blog, Jalen shared some words of wisdom in the form of motivational phrases, such as:
Age is nothing but a number, don't let this prolong your dreams.
Your past does not limit your future, but expands your knowledge on how to make your future great.
Success is not calculated on the amount of likes you receive on an Instagram picture, but is defined by the amount of internal pride created by your accomplishments.
Find a skill of yours, and go master it!
(Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call
Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call
Devotional for Day 30
4 September 2013
Carlos Scott, Mision GloCal, Argentina
Past President of COMIBAM International
and continuing member of World Evangelical Alliance Missions Commission
Jesus valued the individual who was in need - so must we.
Jesus stopped and said, "Call him." So they called to the blind man, "Cheer up! On your feet! He's calling you." Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus. "What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him (Mark 10:49-51 NIV).
As the Body of Christ, we have a common future and identity. This involves welcoming others, forgiving one another, humbling ourselves, becoming less-not claiming superiority over another. Our identity and future show we have the same feelings and are unified in following the Father's plans. It includes understanding our different cultures and helping each other-becoming open to others and doing what Jesus would have done.
The story of Bartimaeus (Mark 10:46-52), teaches us many lessons about evangelization, fellowship, integrity, and solidarity. Jesus asked, "What do you want me to do for you?"
Jesus showed he valued humanity by being available. The blind man's answer, "I want to see," was his response, and he was healed. It was a miracle of Jesus; his faith healed him. He decided to follow Jesus and there was transformation.
Jesus' method was to open up to the needs of the other person. Faced with Bartimaeus' cry, Jesus stopped, asked for him to be called, and asked the question, "What do you want me to do for you?" All these actions value the individual-not a method, ideology, or doctrine. Jesus simply appealed to fellowship, opened up, and showed interest in the other person. This is because fellowship, cooperation, integrity, and solidarity are about sharing life and valuing the other person.
Often, we do not want to ask, "What do you want me to do for you?" We are afraid the person will ask us something unexpected, or worse, something we do not want to give or do. Asking questions causes instability and discomfort. We prefer to be in control and manage our agendas.
Bartimaeus was an outcast. He was considered a sinner, excluded from the covenant, excluded economically, excluded from the appreciation and esteem of others due to his blindness. Mark attributed value to him by stating his name. He was not a nameless beggar. This was very significant. We must learn the way Jesus responded to each person's need.
Father, thank you that you see us not only as peoples but as individuals. Your Word declares that you have engraved us on the palms of your hands and that even the very hairs on our head are numbered. Thank you that Jesus, as the exact representation of your being, showed this same love for people. Help us to follow the example of Jesus in responding to needy, often neglected and rejected, people as individuals. Forgive us for our preoccupation with big crowds and big statistics at the expense of the individual. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
I Need You More
Kim Walker, Jesus Culture
I need You more
More than yesterday
I need You Lord
More than words can say I need You more
Than ever before
I need You Lord
I need You Lord