Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, August 7, 2013
"He is at my right hand, so that I will not be shaken." (Acts 2:25)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Intercepted al Qaeda message led to shuttering embassies, consulates - CNN
An intercepted message among senior al Qaeda operatives in the last several days raised alarm bells that led to the closing of embassies and consulates Sunday across the Middle East and North Africa, CNN has learned.
CNN has agreed to a request from an Obama administration official not to publish or broadcast additional details because of the sensitivity of the information. Several U.S. officials also emphasized they have been watching growing threats emerging from Yemen for weeks.
Those threats, combined with the coming end of the month of Ramadan, plus the concern over several major prison breaks in the region, all contributed to the U.S. decision to shut down diplomatic installations. (Read more)
- Holy Father, al Qaeda is an emissary of satan and satan was defeated at the Cross of Jesus Christ, so we appropriate their defeat and pray that they will be immobilized by the power of God and this group implode from within in total defeat. We ask that this administration be under God's complete control. Hold back Yemen and quell, pull back and suppress their intents under the direction of God . In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
- "Because we have made the Lord, which is our refuge, even the Most High, our habitation; there shall no evil befall us, neither shall any plague come near our dwelling." (Psalm 91:9-10)
2. Officials fear al-Qaeda developing 'undetectable' explosive - Times of Israel
Bomb technology works by dipping clothing into liquid explosive and letting it dry, says terrorism expert ABC News reported that current technology employed by the Transportation Security Administration would not detect the explosive, citing senior US government officials who were briefed on the al-Qaeda threat that triggered the temporary shutdown of 19 American diplomatic posts across the Middle East and Africa this week. The new bomb technology can reportedly turn clothing into an explosive device. It can work by simply dipping clothes into the liquid and waiting until they dry, Scott Kleinmann, a research fellow at the London-based International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation and Political Violence and a terrorism expert, told the The Times of Israel. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray that the Cross of Jesus Christ be lifted up before al Qaeda and the power of evil working through them be totally annihilated. In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, we bind the evil spirits of death, bloodshed, murder, torture, hate, and insanity under the Blood of Jesus and we decree that they will lose their power over the members of al Qaeda. We ask You to neutralize these demonic forces and to bring these men out of this heinous group, saving their souls. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
- "Now therefore, our God, the great, the mighty, and the terrible and majestic God, who keeps covenant and mercy, let not all the trouble seem little before You, that has come upon us." (Nehemiah 9:32)
3. Terrorists already have orders, could be in place for attacks - CBS News
U.S. intelligence officials are dealing with the most credible terrorist threat in years as 19 diplomatic posts in the Middle East and Africa remain closed through this upcoming Saturday. CBS News reports that a large-scale attack may be imminent as al-Qaeda terrorists in the Arabian Peninsula already have their orders and could be in place for execution of the alleged plot.
Juan Zarate, a CBS News security analyst, says this recent plot is similar to one from 2010 in which several European sites were targeted. "People were worried about Mumbai-style attacks coming from the al-Qaeda core," Zarate said, adding, "It never materialized but officials were worried that they actually had operatives in place. And, that's a great concern here." (Read more)
> > > Special note from CHPP: Today and tomorrow, please apply the Blood of the Lamb over the following sites in our nation: all federal buildings/installations, national monuments, national parks (visitor's centers, etc.), shopping malls and churches. Thank you.
- Holy Father, You are wanting prayer to resound regarding the utter destruction of al Qaeda wherever they are operating all over the world. They look like a balloon as large as Africa but when God speaks "BE STILL," the largeness becomes as small as a mouse. Mighty God, bring down al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and speak to the demonic evil spirits to "GO!" Al Qaeda will be disassembled; their men delivered; and their souls will be saved by the Blood of Jesus. In His Name we pray, amen.
- "These things I, Jesus, have spoken unto you, that in Me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)
4. Fort Hood trial turns bizarre as shooter grills witnesses - Fox News
The Army psychiatrist behind the shooting rampage at Fort Hood nearly four years ago called himself a "mujahideen" in a short and unrepentant opening statement at his military trial, which will likely feature the bizarre spectacle of him questioning his own victims. (Read more)
- God in heaven, we pray that You will shut the mouth of this man who appears as a roaring lion. Open his mouth to only expiate his regret for murdering these men, and pay the penalty for his crime of spilling innocent American blood. Cast a shadow of deep repentance over him. Cut off the venom in his evil words that he not be able to speak. Strip him of insolence and humble him in this trial. In Jesus' Name, amen!
- "Arise, O Lord, in Your anger, lift up Yourself because of the rage of my enemies; and awake for me to the judgment that You have commanded. Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just; for the righteous God tries the hearts and reins." (Psalm 7:6, 9)
5. Exclusive: U.S. directs agents to cover up program used to investigate Americans - Reuters
A secretive U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration unit is funneling information from intelligence intercepts, wiretaps, informants and a massive database of telephone records to authorities across the nation to help them launch criminal investigations of Americans. Although these cases rarely involve national security issues, documents reviewed by Reuters show that law enforcement agents have been directed to conceal how such investigations truly begin - not only from defense lawyers but also sometimes from prosecutors and judges. (Read more)
- Father God, may Your power from heaven stand against this twisting and overlapping of information that invades the privacy of all Americans. They have documents that they want to conceal from lawyers, prosecutors and judges that would result in twisting the truth and possibly convicting the innocent. Implement Your law, Lord. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
- "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes." (Psalm 17:7-8)
6. Billy Graham: If Ever There Was a Time America Needed God's Intervention, It's Now - Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
"If ever there was a time this country needed the intervention of God, it is now," writes Graham in the letter published on the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association website. "We can and should pray for America as a whole, but remember that when God sets out to change a nation, He begins by changing people. It starts with individuals." Graham said that there are a lot of things that his health and strength no longer permit him to do, but that there are still many things he can do, "and one of them is pray." He writes that he is praying fervently for "a fresh spiritual awakening in America."
- Mighty God in heaven, we stand in agreement with the prayers of Billy Graham. Send a fresh spiritual awakening in America. Let Christ arise and His testimony ring true throughout all the homes, churches, businesses, schools and everywhere so that the Light and Glory of Jesus Christ rise over America and its people. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
- "And whithersoever Jesus entered, into villages, or cities, or country, they laid the sick in the streets, and besought Him that they might touch if it were but the border of His garment: and as many as touched Him were made whole." (Mark 6:56)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"I will subdue all your enemies." (I Chronicles 17:10)
1. Israeli Source: Obama No Longer Committed to Iran Attack Option - Jewish Press
It's likely that the high level official's statement is an expression of the Netanyahu government's anxiety over the glee with which the Obama Administration has welcomed the election of a new Iranian president.
2. US awaits 'credible steps' on Iran as Netanyahu calls for increased pressure - Jerusalem Post
World pressure kept Iran from gaining nuclear weapons in the past, and is preventing it from crossing the nuclear threshold now, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said Tuesday in response to Iranian President Hassan Rouhani's comment that threats against Iran do not work.
3. 63% of Israeli Jews oppose major West Bank pullout, poll finds - Times of Israel
Most Israeli Jews would oppose a peace agreement with the Palestinians if it included a full West Bank pullout with land swaps to let Israel retain major settlement population centers, according to a new poll that appears to contradict the conclusions of other recent surveys.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day." (I Timothy 1:12)
Heroic Chinese House Church Leader Samuel Lamb Dead at 88- International Christian Concern
House Church Leader Spent Two Decades in Prison for His Faith
08/06/2013 China (International Christian Concern) - - International Christian Concern (ICC) has learned that Samuel Lamb (also known as Samuel Lam), a long-time leader of China's persecuted house church movement, died on Saturday at the age of 88. Known for saying "more persecution, more growth," Pastor Lamb spent twenty years in Chinese labor camps for refusing to allow his church to merge with the government-controlled "Three-Self" church.
The son of a Baptist minister, Lamb first began preaching in Eastern China at the age of 19. A little more than ten years later, Lamb was arrested under the Communist regime of Mao Tse-tung for "anti-revolutionary" activity before being sentenced in 1957 to 19 years of hard labor. Pastor Lamb spent the majority of his sentence working under extremely difficult conditions in a coal mine but continued to teach Christianity. Despite the death of his wife while in prison and harsh treatment by prison authorities, Pastor Lamb never lost faith and only a few years after his release restarted his house church in Guangzhou.
Eventually Chinese authorities in Guangzhou halted raids on Pastor Lamb's church. Pastor Lamb attributed this both to the publicity which his story of persecution eventually began to receive in the West and the fact that increased pressure seemed to consistently result in even greater church growth. Today, Pastor Lamb's church continues to hold multiple services throughout the week and has as many as 4,000 members. In an interview with ICC early last year, Pastor Lamb said that even the police in Guangzhou had begun to unofficially offer directions to the church for newcomers.
Yet Pastor Lamb was always quick to caution observers who became overly confident in the security of the house church movement in China. According to Open Doors, Pastor Lamb regularly warned, "We must be prepared to suffer. We must be prepared for the fact that we may be arrested. Before I was sent to prison, I already prepared a bag with some clothes, shoes and a toothbrush. When I had to go to the police station, I could just pick it up. I was ready. People are still being arrested. You don't know what will happen tomorrow. Today the authorities are not bothering us. But tomorrow things may be different. I pray that we will receive the strength to stand firm."
Just last month, ICC reported on multiple raids in China's Northwestern Xinjiang province. The raids scattered dozens of house church members and left two church leaders in short-term detention. Xinjiang province is also home to Alimujiang Yimiti, a house church leader and father of two sentenced in 2009 to 15 years of imprisonment for activities related to "spreading Christianity."
Ryan Morgan, International Christian Concern's Regional Manager for China, said "Having had the wonderful privilege to meet with Pastor Lamb last year and listen to his powerful testimony in person, I must admit that I cannot help but find his passing something of a personal shock. The joy I witnessed on his face as he relived stories of victory over tremendous hardship and the warmth of his hospitality cannot be easily forgotten. His passing is certainly a momentous occasion for anyone involved in the unprecedented revival of Christianity that has swept across China in recent decades. His life and work are testament not only to the indomitable spirit of our Chinese brothers and sisters, but to the miraculous way in which spiritual revival has sprung from what once seemed an almost impenetrable darkness. His words of caution are also a sobering reminder that we must remain vigilant and ready to assist the body of Christ in China wherever and whenever persecution arises. The markedly improved conditions for Christians in China over the past two decades are welcome and acknowledged, but beneath China's carefully manicured public image, persecution is still taking place on a daily basis."
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Praise the Lord!
Blessed is the man who fears the Lord,
Who delights greatly in His commandments.
His descendants will be mighty on earth;
The generation of the upright will be blessed.
Wealth and riches will be in his house,
And his righteousness endures forever.
Unto the upright there arises light in the darkness;
He is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.
A good man deals graciously and lends;
He will guide his affairs with discretion.
Surely he will never be shaken;
The righteous will be in everlasting remembrance.
He will not be afraid of evil tidings;
His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
His heart is established;
He will not be afraid,
Until he sees his desire upon his enemies.
He has dispersed abroad,
He has given to the poor;
His righteousness endures forever;
His horn will be exalted with honor.
The wicked will see it and be grieved;
He will gnash his teeth and melt away;
The desire of the wicked shall perish.
Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call
Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call
Devotional for Day 2 - 7 August 2013
Pastor Jeffrey Daly,
National Day of Repentance, USA
"I ask, Lord, that from this day on You awaken me, my family and Your body all over the planet with a zeal to repent to be ready, today, as Your Bride for Your soon return."
Every believer in Christ throughout His Body welcoming Him every day, with zeal, to assist in the process of repentance to be ready as His Bride.
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches (Revelation 3: 19-22 NKJV).
A dear sister in Christ recently told me she has communion with the Lord every morning. How wise! What growth in Christ! Similarly I have begun also each morning to ask the Lord to come into my 'repent room'. I'm asking the Holy Spirit as my Teacher (John 13:13) to show me where to repent. He gently does, revealing old strongholds, generational curses, vows and old baggage that needs to be confessed and renounced in His Name. He promptly forgives me. I abide in Him more intimately. His Joy flows into me.
Yeshua/Jesus in Your Holy Name, we thank you that being Sovereign over all creation and yet count the hairs on our heads. You, Lord, wish to spend time with us, 'dining' with us in our hearts whenever we open the door to You. Through Your Holy Spirit show each of us, every day, where we need to repent to become more like You and to be ready as Your Bride. I pray this in Your Holy Name. Amen and Amen.
Continue in prayer using the 4 prayer points as the Lord leads you.
1. Pray for a worldwide outpouring of the Holy Spirit for revival and transformation of the nations of the world.
2. Pray for a billion people to find Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour.
3. Pray for an end to abortion and for God to turn back the tide of death and immorality that is sweeping the nations of the world.
4. Pray for a multiplication of prayer, praise and worship to God across the world as never before, to bring great glory to God.
To view the Introduction to this prayer strategy, please visit their website by going here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
I Stand Amazed in the Presence
Gaither Tent Revival
How marvelous! How wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
How marvelous! How wonderful
is my Savior's love for me!
ABOUT CAPITOL HILL PRAYER PARTNERS
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at email@example.com for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Learn more about CHPP by going here.
CHPP, Facebook, and You!
CHPP, Facebook, and You!
Due to issues of security, Capitol Hill Prayer Partners has a standing policy of not pursuing the various social networking opportunities to broadcast our message. Those networks may include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others . . .
However, we continue to encourage you to share our alerts with your own networks of prayer partners, as you are able to do so.
If you are on Facebook (for example), may we suggest the following strategy??
Simply refer your friends to our website on your own Facebook page, where they can read our alerts - and subscribe - for themselves.
Our website is located here:
Donate to CHPP!
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
In Closing . . .
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. (I Timothy 2:1-4)