ANNOUNCING A SPECIAL CONFERENCE CALL:
Thursday, August 29: Jews AND Gentiles TOGETHER
For more details, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief: Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Praying the Word of God
over the News of the Day
"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
The Daily Brief
1. Regional unrest sparks anti-Israel, US conspiracy theories - Times of Israel
An Iranian legislator accused Israel and the US Saturday of plotting to instigate widespread crises and instability within Islamic countries by operating and funding double agent militias in regions throughout the Middle East.
- Come against the increasing number of lies of various enemy camps that foment the spirit of anitsemitism in the Middle East and around the world. The situation happening now in Egypt, and among other Middle Eastern nations, of instability in governments is a shaking caused only by the hands of their own citizens and not by any outside source. Again, cast down the lies of the enemy and ask God to forgive these speakers, for they know not what they do.
- "Decent people will see this and rejoice, but all the wicked people will shut their mouths." (Psalm 107:42)
2. Congress split on cutting off aid to Egypt - Times of Israel
Members of Congress are split over whether the US should cut off military aid to Egypt, highlighting the difficult choices facing the Obama administration amid spiraling violence on the streets of an important Middle East ally.
- The media would have us believe that the current crisis in Egypt is "confusing" while the opposite is true. A line has been drawn in the sand between the tyrannical dictatorship of Mohammed Morsi (backed by the Moslem Brotherhood) and those who support freedom. America has traditionally supported nations who advance democracy; why should we stop now? Pray that Obama and Congress "get understanding," and see the light; then they will know what to do giving continued aid to Egypt.
- "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding." (Proverbs 4:7)
3. Inhofe wants to investigate NSA, following new report about surveillance - Fox News
Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe, the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, says new revelations about the National Security Agency's surveillance program suggest the Obama administration has "abused the authority granted to them by Congress" and that he will investigate the matter.
- Praise the Lord for Senator James Inhofe! Pray that he, his family, and the members of his Senate staff be protected in the days to come -- literally -- for he is now putting his own life at stake in pursuing this investigation. Thank our Lord for putting His angels round about this senator; and ask that the Holy Spirit would guide him in all he does with this matter in the days ahead. Bless God!
- ". . . he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways . . ." (Psalm 91:11)
4. Majority of America Supports Defunding Obamacare- CBN
A majority of Americans support defunding Obamacare, according to a new poll by Heritage Action for America and Basswood Research. Researchers interviewed voters from 10 different congressional districts and found 57 percent of independent voters want Congress to pull the plug on President Barack Obama's health insurance law.
Overall, 77 percent of voters want to slow down implementation of the law or completely repeal it. "This poll demonstrates that the Left cannot win the argument on either the policy front or the political front," Heritage CEO Michael A. Needham said. "House Republicans should be much more concerned with the fallout of failing to defund Obamacare than with the imaginary fallout of doing so," he warned.
- Abba Father, the deadline is rapidly being reached where action to stop this law can be done. Help us Lord! It has been obvious that this is a destructive law that needs to be redone or stopped. We ask You Lord to direct representatives in Congress to have the 'backbone' to truly represent the citizens of this nation and not just their selfish interests, to defund this law until it can be repealed. We thank you in advance, Father, for hearing our prayers, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- A wicked man hardens his face, but as for the upright, he establishes his way. (Proverbs 21:29)
5. Company Fined for Leaving Electronic Health Data on Hard Drive of Leased Photocopier - CNS News
People concerned about health privacy in this age of electronic records won't find much comfort in a breach affecting as many as 344,579 customers of a Bronx-based health plan. The U.S. Health and Human Services Department says it has fined Affinity Health Plan, Inc. more than a million dollars ($1,215,780) for leaving confidential medical records on the hard drive of a leased photocopier. HHS said the breach violates the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Affinity Health Plan is a not-for-profit managed care plan offering free or low-cost health insurance to residents of the New York metropolitan area. "This settlement illustrates an important reminder about equipment designed to retain electronic information: Make sure that all personal information is wiped from hardware before it's recycled, thrown away or sent back to a leasing agent," said Leon Rodriguez, director of HHS's Office for Civil Rights.
- Lord, this article reflects how easily private data on patients can be disclosed and lost. Someone did not have a process in place to 'scrub' the hard drive before returning a machine no longer needed. Lord, computers can be useful but so often security and privacy is 'lost' in the process. Direct us Lord how to pray over this and keep Your protective hand over us, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- Wisdom rests in the heart of him who has understanding, but what is in the heart of fools is made known. (Proverbs 14:33)
6. Philadelphia Borrows So Its Schools Open on Time - NY Times
Just a month after Detroit became the largest American city to file for bankruptcy, and with major cities like Chicago and Los Angeles struggling, this former manufacturing behemoth is also edging toward a financial precipice. But here the troubles are centered on the cash-starved public schools system.
- Heavenly Father, it appears that more and more US cities are 'reaping' the consequences of their corrupt, power hungry and greed driven choices! Here is another city that is on the very brink of bankruptcy and destruction. Father, we ask You to rise up and confront the leaders in these cities, saving them if they will come, otherwise moving them aside. May You cause Your people to rise up and be workers and spokesmen for the good, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- There is no wisdom or understanding or counsel against the Lord. (Proverbs 21:30)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"For a little moment I have left you; but with great mercies I will gather you. In a little wrath I hid My face from you for a moment; but with everlasting kindness I will have mercy on you, says YHWH your Redeemer."
(Isaiah 54:7-8 )
1. Hamas patches up ties with Hezbollah, Iran - Times of Israel
In an attempt to to return to the fold of Iranian patronage, the Gaza-based terror group Hamas has been holding meetings with representatives of its Lebanon-based, Tehran-sponsored counterpart Hezbollah.
2. PA Radio: One Day Israel 'Will be Palestine Again' - Arutz Sheva
As "peace talks" continue apace, prompted on by the ever-optimistic John Kerry, Palestinian Media Watch (PMW), an NGO dedicated to monitoring hate speech, anti-Israel rhetoric and incitement to violence in the Palestinian Arab media, has highlighted yet another inflammatory statement by official PA organs.
3. Forgery of the century? Israel in decade-long war over biblical artifacts - Fox News
A 10-year legal battle is drawing to a close in the Holy Land over several astounding biblical relics, including a limestone box said to have held the bones of the purported brother of Jesus and the first-ever relic of biblical King Solomon's First Temple.
4. Terrorists 'aim to hit Israeli, Jewish targets worldwide' in coming weeks - Times of Israel
Israeli and Jewish targets all over the world are likely to be sought out by terrorist organizations in the coming weeks, the Israeli government's Counter-Terrorism Bureau warned in strikingly strident tones on Monday, listing dozens of countries where it said it had "concrete" indications of a terrorist threat.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
". . . for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. . . ." ( Proverbs 2:8)
Indonesia's President Expresses Concern Over Religious Intolerance in His Country - Irrawaddy
JAKARTA - Indonesia's President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said he was concerned by growing religious intolerance in the country with world's largest Muslim population, which many analysts say his administration has failed to contain.
Indonesia has recently seen a series of increasingly violent attacks on religious minorities like Christians, Shia Muslims and members of Ahmadiyah, a small Islamic sect which is considered heretical by mainstream Muslims.
"I am very concerned about the continuing incidents of intolerance and communal conflict we see, which are often violent," Yudhoyono said in an annual address to parliament.
"We should always be able to prevent these if we prioritize dialogue and if the country's leaders, in government and religious institutions, take collective responsibility."
Yudhoyono, in office since 2004 and whose current term ends next year, has been criticized for failing to defend the rights of religious minorities.
"President Yudhoyono seems to say all the right words. But he does not talk about legal discrimination that his administration had created over the last nine years," Andreas Harsono, Indonesia director for Human Rights Watch, told Reuters in an e-mail.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
America's unmitigated prophetic disaster
America is facing an unmitigated prophetic disaster. The president continues to cause harm to US citizens and to its allies with actions that are contrary to God's laws. The entire Middle East is burning. The economy is one step away from the greatest depression. There is racial tension and division. Marriage is being abolished in favor of homosexuality. Socialized medicine threatens the financial health of the middle class. Yet as this article is written, the occupant of the Oval Office is spending millions of tax dollars vacationing at Martha's Vineyard. He even had his dog flown there separately via Marine Osprey--a hybrid aircraft that takes off like a helicopter, but flies like a plane.
Worse yet, there is no accountability. The US Congress and the Supreme Court appear to be in a state of drugged nirvana--defined as "a transcendent state in which there is neither suffering, desire, nor sense of self; a state of perfect happiness; an ideal or idyllic place." These "elected" and "appointed" narcissists are so self engrossed that they have no desire to do what is right, what they were elected to do. There is no opposition to speak of to the White House and all of its insane policies and actions. Just the mere fact that there is cooperative discussion about opening the borders to illegal aliens in hopes of someday co-opting their votes is a symptom of this horrible disease causing decay of our nation.
The brainwashing of the American populace over the past generation has resulted in the acceptance, even embracing of, Marxist-Leninist ideology that undermines society by propagandizing through teaching feminism, sexual liberation, hedonism, liberation theology, globalism, normalization of homosexuality, and religion as a weakness. We have been de-moralized and destabilized through created crisis'. The solutions to the crisis' is the normalization of taking away Constitutional rights. This has occurred through the news media, the entertainment industry, politics, education, business and, yes, even religion. The more focused on self, the faster this ideological subversion has rooted itself.
There are those who say the country is finished because of the sin it carries. Others say it is the result of the end times in which we are living. These theories may be proven true if we as Christian Americans continue to be self absorbed by church programs and self improvement theologies. We must wake out of our own nirvana bubble that has us thinking we are doing God's work when in reality we are doing busy work. Jesus turned the world upside down with 12 people. We cannot stop the march of prophecy, but we can determine our place in it by being doers of God's word. Seems to me we should be working hard to make disciples by doing what Jesus told us in Matthew 28:19, 20, "teach all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost; Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
> > > To see what ONE MAN can do to turn this around, please go to our Good News Corner today!
Updates from Egypt
Updates from Egypt
The past week the political tension in Egypt took a violent turn. Hundreds have been killed as dominating parties fight for control of the nation. We have received the following communications from a missions pastor in Cairo, the nation's capital. Please read this continue to pray for Egypt as it wades through this political turmoil. Also, please keep the believers in Egypt in your prayers as they are under intense persecution at this time.
Standing in the gap,
Mike and Cindy Jacobs
USRPN: U.S. Reformation Prayer Network
August 16, 2013
Thank you for your continuous prayers for Egypt. They are greatly needed.
Today the Muslim Brotherhood and their allies of fanatic Islamic groups have reiterated their promise to burn Egypt. Their demonstrations were heavily armed with Kalashnikov rifles by which they were attacking police stations and even shooting people in their homes. Videos on youtube will show you this as well as five cars loaded with weapons taken in the middle of the protests. What is especially alarming and noteworthy is their flaunting of the famous Al Qaeda black flag towards the end of the video clip!
The real face of terrorism is being unveiled. One could blatantly say it is a war on terrorism, or rather, it is a war against terrorism within Egypt and towards Egyptian Christians more specifically. This explains why demonstrators put an Al Qaeda flag on a church in Sohag after burning it.
Assaults and attacks on Christians and their churches continued in different parts all over Egypt today (Friday, August 16th). The estimated number of churches destroyed since the eruption of violence has reached around 82 churches.
While I'm writing this email to you, we are receiving news and messages from our friends in Malawi, a city in El Menia province in Southern Egypt with a huge Christian population, that after they burned the Catholic church and 3 Christian schools, they moved to the Evangelical church and actually burned it. They are continuing to attack, burning and looting Christian homes.
Please keep praying for the situation here. Please DO circulate this email to all your friends for prayer AND to raise support from media and decision makers.
(To read more reports, go here.)
Alert!! Obamacare News!!
Obamacare Enforcers Will Come into Your Home?
Washington, DC)-Are you for the nationalized healthcare changes soon to be implemented? Against them? Not sure?
While the pros and cons are being hotly contested, a report released today is sure to cause every thinking American to stand up and say, "Now wait juuuust a minute!"
As reported in The American Spectator, a Health and Human Services (HHS) document authorizes the agency to conduct "home visits" under the guise of creating "social and physical environments that promote good health for all."
Such a move, funded by the Social Security Act, reportedly gives the HHS "an unprecedented opportunity . . . to improve health and development outcomes for at-risk children" which could easily impact personal privacy, the right to educate one's children as deemed fit, and other Constitutional rights.
What stood out to me was that, reportedly, the HHS defines an "at risk" child as one who resides in a family that includes people who have served in the Armed Forces (??!!), pregnant women under the age of 21, tobacco users, and children learning problems.
No doubt, the case could be made that there are always SOME problem families who MIGHT benefit from a home visit. But that's not the issue. That would be like saying, SOME people cheat on their taxes, so ALL people should be audited, or SOME people don't ascribe to the traditional institution of marriage, so ALL people must change to suit a minority's agenda. Oh, wait. That did happen.
But then, that's my point. Exactly.
Are we Americans getting set up yet again for a government sponsored wolf in sheep's clothing that will come back to bite us? Though I am no conspiracy theorist by any means, the speed at which the Western world is robbing its democratic citizens of their hard-won rights is alarming-to the point that I can no longer set the "snooze" button on my worldview alarm clock.
At this juncture, I'm not sure what can be done, but I'm sure hoping some of our elected legislators will do their job and advocate for the citizens they are supposed to be representing before it's too late.
And for those of you who may think I'm being a bit alarmist? I am. Intentionally. Sounding an alarm.
Better safe, than sorry, I say.
(Source: The American Spectator)
Reported by: Breaking Christian News
To read more, go here.
- Continue to pray that this entire Obamacare initiative falls into the dustbin of history, as sawdust going through our fingers while we use the "weapons of our warfare" which are mighty through God: the Sword of the Spirit. Ask our Lord to FORGIVE those who wrote this bill and those who passed it for they know not what they do. Fear not -- God is with us. In His Name, amen.
- "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
News from PrayerSurgeNow
ANNOUNCING A SPECIAL CONFERENCE CALL:
Jews AND Gentiles TOGETHER
Thursday, August 29, 2013
8:00 p.m. EDT
Jews AND Gentiles TOGETHER for Salvation of Israel Nat'l Conf Call
In Advance of 10 DAYS OF AWE, Thur, Aug. 29,
Invited Guest Speakers Sid Roth (confirmed) & Jonathan Bernis
Conf Call Number & Access Code:
Sponsored by: PrayerSurgeNow
For more details, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
A man named John
Watch this fascinating video about John, who for 9 hours a day, 6 days a week, all year long, through four cancer surgeries and two brain surgeries, has stood outside an abortion clinic in Florida, seeking to save the lost and the unborn. Over one thousand children are alive today because of his willingness to be used by the Lord. Could more Christians do something, too? As R.C. Sproul, Jr., says in the video, "The problem in the church is not that we've tried and failed, but that we fail to try." What can you do?
First step: support Amendment 1 (in the State of Tennessee) and spread the word.
Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call
Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call
Devotional for Day 15:
20 August 2013
Andy Wooding Jones, World Prayer Centre,
Intention: Using familiar verses from Hebrews 12 to discover both what we should pray and how we should pray as we devote ourselves to prayer during this season.
- "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." (Hebrews 12:1-3 NIV)
As we pray, there are some important reminders in these verses to strengthen us.
1. We are not alone! As we pray let us draw encouragement from those whose faith-filled lives, even in times of difficulty and challenge, have reflected the faithfulness of God. May we not grow weary or lose heart as we pray.
2. As we pray ask God to show us the hindrances in our communities, nations and around the globe which create resistance to revival. Pray these hindrances may be thrown off.
3. As we pray ask God that the entangling sin affecting so many lives today may be completely broken and people find freedom in Jesus.
4. And as we pray, let's ask God for a renewed desire to seek Jesus first and let us fix attention on Him. There is so much to distract us. Let us not grow weary or lose heart especially when opposition comes for Jesus has gone before us.
5. Give thanks for Jesus using these verses.
Lord, as we meditate on these verses, we want to say sorry for the times when we have become hindered and entangled with sin. Please set us free.
Please show us how we can pray freedom over our community and nations so that those around us would we free - fixing their eyes on Jesus and seeking Him first.
We thank you for all whose faithfulness has encouraged us and especially we thank you for the example of Jesus Christ. Help us to keep considering Him and learning from His life and from all He endured for us. In His precious name we pray. Amen.
Continue in prayer using the 4 prayer points as the Lord leads you.
To view the Four Daily Prayer Points, as well as the Introduction to this prayer strategy, please visit their website by going here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Songs of Zion
Great Is The LORD!
"Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised
In the city of our God,
In His holy mountain.
Beautiful in elevation,
The joy of the whole earth,
Is Mount Zion on the sides of the north,
The city of the great King."
Worship our Lord here!