FRC has published the latest news
on the gay marriage issue in the
states, "It's Not Over." To view
this analysis, please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Thursday, August 29, 2013
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Thursday, August 29, 2013
"His kingdom is one which will not be destroyed,
And His dominion will be forever." (Daniel 6:26)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
> > > Many of you have contacted us today to let us know that you are fasting and praying in agreement with our call, issued last night. Thank you!
The burden of the LORD is to now hold this position through Sunday evening, Sept. 1. May we each do so, by His Grace.
To GOD be the Glory . . . amen.
The Daily Brief
1. Syria strike push hits hurdles as lawmakers, US allies voice concerns - Fox News
The Obama administration's aggressive push to punish the Assad regime for an alleged chemical weapons attack last week was running into hurdles on Thursday, as Congress demanded a say in the decision and international support began to fray.
After the U.S. failed to win support for an anti-Assad resolution before the U.N. Security Council on Wednesday, President Obama's efforts were dealt another blow as allies France and Britain indicated they might wait until U.N. investigators finish before deciding the next step. (Read more)
- Father, we continue to pray that wisdom will come to our leadership, that we will not enter any conflict foolishly.
- "Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." (Psalm 90:12)
2. Attack on Syria likely to trigger terrorists acts against U.S., Israel - Washington Times
With the White House closer to launching a surgical military strike on Syria, questions swirl over the extent to which such an attack could trigger a wave of terrorism directed at the U.S. and Israel.
- We ask that You spread Your wings above Israel and the US, to help us in this time of need.
- "I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.'" (Psalm 91:2)
3. Syria says 'terrorists' will strike Europe with chemical weapons - Reuters
Syria's deputy foreign minister said on Wednesday that the United States, Britain and France helped "terrorists" use chemical weapons in Syria, and that the same groups would soon use them against Europe.
- Father we continue to pray that truth be revealed over who gave what weapons to whom. We pray that Your people will rise up!
- "The integrity of the upright will guide them, but the perversity of the unfaithful will destroy them." (Proverbs 11:3)
4. White House to hold closed-door session on bisexual issues next month - Washington Post
The White House will hold a closed-door roundtable discussion on issues facing bisexuals Sept. 23.
- Father, we plead for Your mercy over us in light of the overt sins being promoted by this White House.
- "Those who render evil for good, they are my adversaries, because I follow what is good."(Psalm 38:20)
5. New Obamacare rule uses terms 'shared responsibility payment' and 'penalty' instead of 'tax' - Daily Caller
The Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) final rule on Obamacare's individual mandate, released this week, uses the term "Shared Responsibility Payment" more than 50 times to describe the mandate's non-compliance penalty, which the Supreme Court in 2012 defined as a tax.
- Lord we are grieved that these measures continue to march forward, piling burdens on the American people. We ask for Your help to remove the yoke that has been placed upon us.
- "For You have broken the yoke of his burden, and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor. . ." (Isaiah 9:4)
6. Nidal Hasan sentenced to death for Fort Hood shooting rampage - Washington Post
Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan was sentenced to deathWednesday for killing 13 people and wounding 32 others in a 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood, Tex., the worst mass murder at a military installation in U.S. history.
- Thank You, Father, for this just sentence. We ask that even the appeals process will not stand in the way of justice. We also pray that You will visit this man's heart and destroy the works of the enemy within him.
- "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture." (John 10:9)
7. Administration announces new gun control measures, targets military surplus imports- Fox News
The Obama administration unexpectedly announced two new gun control measures on Thursday, including one that would curb the import of military surplus weapons, in a move that could anger collectors. Vice President Biden was set to announce the new measures later Thursday morning. They took the form of executive actions, which President Obama added to the list of 23 steps the White House already determined the president could take on his own. (Read more)
- Father as this White House continues to press for more gun control measures, we ask that You prevent any legislation or Executive Order that would destroy our Second Amendment freedoms.
- "I will spread My net over him, and he shall be taken in My snare. . ." (Ezekiel 17:20a)
8. California fire officials using drone to help fight monster Yosemite blaze - Fox News
Fire crews battling a record-breaking blaze near Yosemite National Park added a California National Guard Predator drone to their arsenal Wednesday to give them real-time views of the flames that have scorched over 300 square miles. The MQ-1 unmanned aircraft being remotely piloted hundreds of miles away quickly alerted fire bosses to a new flare-up they otherwise wouldn't have immediately seen. (Read more)
- Father we continue to ask for help in battling this blaze. We pray Your hand over the land and the people, to save them from this fire.
- "So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found no one." (Ezekiel 22:30)
9. BREAKING: STUNNING DEFEAT: UK Votes Against Syria Strike, Obama in a Bind - Fox News
British lawmakers reject a measure to give preliminary approval to military intervention in Syria, in a major setback for both British Prime Minister David Cameron and the Obama administration. (Read more)
- Please maintain your positions of prayer, fasting and repentance through this weekend. The forces of GOOD are now holding back the forces of EVIL, that would otherwise bring death and destruction in its wake. Father, we thank You for this news, and we entrust this matter fully into Your Hands, amen.
- "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts." (Isaiah 6:5)
10. A Prayer for Barack Hussein Obama - Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Today it appears that Obama has been rendered impotent with the international leaders. This is humiliating for the United States to have our President scorned by the leaders of the world. It is also part of the judgment of this nation as our laws, judges, and moral compass has been taken over by unrighteous leaders. Please join us in praying for the President of the United States in this hour of humbling:
- Father, we lift Barack Hussein Obama before Your Throne of Grace, and ask that You fill his life with Your Outrageous Grace -- so that he might have a life-changing encounter with the Living God. (Romans 5:20) We pray that You would circumcise the foreskin of his mind and heart so that he would no longer be stubborn and hardened. (Deut. 10:16, TAB) We pray that You would send Your angels to position him to receive Your magnanimous Love, so that Christ may dwell in his heart through faith. (Ephesians 3:17) We pray that Light would flood his darkened mind (Ephesians 1:18), so that he would be filled with all the fullness of God and the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. (Ephesians 3:19 & Colossians 1:9) We ask You, Father, to qualify him to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in the Light, and to deliver him from the power of darkness. We proclaim the Redemptive, life-giving power of the Blood of Christ over his life as You, Father, establish him in Your Kingdom purposes. (Colossians 1:12-14) We ask you to bless him and all of his family, that they, too, might come to know You.
Submitted by: Pastor Carolyn Sissom in Houston, TX, and Barbara L. Potts in Fort Washington, MD.
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Messiah Yeshua throughout all ages, forever. Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)
1. Syria has missiles trained on strategic facilities in Israel - Israel Hayom
Damascus will have nothing to lose if it is attacked and will not hesitate to strike Israel, a source close to Syrian President Bashar Assad was quoted by the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Rai as saying on Wednesday. According to the reports, Syria has its Scud, M-600 and Yakhont missiles trained on Israel, and the Syrian military has already been instructed to launch "an intensive response" to any U.S. strike.
2. Senior Syrian Official Warns: If U.S. Strikes Damascus, We'll Set Tel Aviv 'on Fire' - Blaze
A senior Syrian military official says if the U.S. or a coalition of nations attacks Syrian government forces, Syria and its allies will launch an immediate attack on Israel.
3. For Ethiopian Jews, the end of a 30-year road to Zion - Times of Israel
Many Ethiopian-Israelis came to welcome their relatives. Some waited for brothers and sisters; others came to see sons and daughters. The much-awaited arrival of this final group of 450 Falash Mura also symbolized something for the entire community, given that the flight likely marked the end of mass Ethiopian immigration to Israel.
4. Israeli intelligence: Iran testing chemical weapons in Syria - World Tribune
Israel has assessed that Iran was testing non-conventional weapons in Syria.
5. Israel Calls Up Reserves - Washington Free Beacon
The Israeli cabinet yesterday authorized mobilization of several thousand army reservists to prepare for a possible Syrian reaction to an American attack on Syria expected within the next few days.
6. Likud solution is to annex West Bank and establish Palestinian state in Gaza - Middle East Monitor
Likud Party MK and Israeli Deputy Transport Minister Tzipi Hotovely has suggested that the solution to the Israel-Palestine problem is the annexation of the West Bank and creation of a Palestinian State in the Gaza Strip. Arab citizens of Israel, would she claims, be granted equal rights in the extended state.
> > > For today's in-depth analyses and news from the Unity Coalition for Israel, go here.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Because of the devastation of the afflicted, because of the groaning of the needy, Now I will arise," says the Lord; "I will set him in the safety for which he longs." (Psalm 12:5)
A Post-Christian Middle East? - CNN
There have been Christians in the Middle East since the time of, well, Christ.
Now that two millennium-long history could be in danger.
Islamist thugs have attacked dozens of churches across Egypt in the past few days, burning many of them down.
The attacks seemed to be protests against the brutal military government crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood that killed many hundreds of Egyptian Islamists over the past week.
Pope Tawadros II, the leader of Egypt's Christian Copts, met publicly with top military officers as they announced the coup that removed President Mohamed Morsy and his Muslim Brotherhood government from power in early July.
Christians, who make up 10% of the population, and other minorities had complained that a new constitution that had been passed by the Morsy government infringed on their rights.
For some Islamist militants, now it's payback time. According to one report, 52 churches across Egypt were attacked in 24 hours last week. The Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights has counted at least 30 churches attacked, along with other Christian facilities.
Today there are more than 10 million Christians in the Middle East and they make up an estimated 5% of the Middle East's population.
A century ago they made up an estimated 20%.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Railroading America down the path of destruction
Elected and appointed leaders inside the beltway . . . often think like sheep. That is, one jumps over the cliff and the the others follow. We have seen this with the entire concept of stimulating the economy by debt spending--in other words spend your way into prosperity. It doesn't work. Likewise, supporting terrorists in the name of preserving human rights doesn't work. But that is what the president proposes to do, and Congress, and largely, the American people are going to let him do it. Assisting the enemies of God in advancing against God will only result in bad things. We all will be impacted by the foolish decisions of America's leadership.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters on Tuesday that the Administration has already made up its mind about an expected intelligence report regarding the use of chemical weapons by the Asaad government in Syria on its own people. This, despite conflicting evidence that the very terrorists that the US wishes to support against Asaad used chemical weapons on the Syrian people. Carney said, " . . . there is no doubt here that chemical weapons were used on a massive scale on August 21st outside of Damascus. There is also very little doubt, and should be no doubt for anyone who approaches this logically, that the Syrian regime is responsible for the use of chemical weapons on August 21st outside of Damascus."
Carney continued, "We have established with a high degree of confidence that the Syria regime has used chemical weapons already in this conflict." This is a reference to the Administration's previous attempt to support the Muslim Brotherhood and al Qaeda against Asaad in Syria in April. That claim was debunked when it was concluded that the sarin gas used was not military grade and was likely used by the very people Obama wants to support. But the Administration has its mind set. Carney said, "So the deliberations that are taking place now and the options that are being considered by the president and his national security team are . . . around the question of what is the appropriate response to this clear violation of international norms."
Jesus said in Matthew 7:13,14 "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that lead to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it." This is what came after Jesus speaking about the Golden Rule -- do unto others what you would have them do unto you. He is speaking about the thin line between everlasting life and destruction. This can be applied to most situations in life. Because Americans have elected evil and corrupt people as leaders, our gate to escape destruction is even more narrow. Supporting evil is never a good thing -- but then a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Why America must stay out of Syria
Why America must stay out of Syria
By Congressman J. Randy Forbes (R-VA)
Yesterday, I joined a bipartisan group of 115 Members in sending a letter to President Obama, demanding that he cease any planned use of military force in Syria without congressional authorization, as required by the Constitution of the United States of America.
I strongly believe that the President is obligated to the American people and to Congress to define the United States' national interests regarding an intervention in Syria, as well as to define strategic objectives, a plan for the implementation of that strategy, and standards with which to assess the accomplishment of our objectives. I cannot support any action that could potentially lock the United States into a foreign entanglement with no clear objective or readily accessible end goals. We cannot risk losing focus on Iranian threats in the region and we cannot put increased pressure on a military already stretched too thin by this Administration's reckless defense cuts.
Below, I wanted to share with you a segment from Fox News' "America's Newsroom" today, where I joined Bill Hemmer to further discuss why America must stay out of Syria. Click here to watch the video.
Yours in Service,
- We offer praise to the Lord for a Congress that has the courage to hold the president's feet to the fire, demanding that he receive their permission before he goes ahead with military action in Syria. This is the law of the land, and is written in our Constitution. Praise God.
- "Let the peoples praise You, O God; Let all the peoples praise You." (Psalm 67:3)
Urgent Prayers for Egypt, Syria
Urgent Prayers for Egypt, Syria
From: International Prayer Connect
Dear Praying Friends,
Please remember to pray for the Middle East region, especially for Egypt and Syria at this crucial time in the history of these two nations. Here is a call to prayer from one of our prayer leader-friends in Egypt who writes:
"This is a call for urgent prayers for Egypt.
As a kind of evil revenge, on this coming Friday, August 30th, the Muslim Brotherhood are planning for a massive wide destruction all over the country, with plans of cutting roads, sporadic explosions, random firing on a wide scale, burning businesses and churches, spreading chaos, attacking police departments and military bases. . . Lots of other evil plans.
The international media are strangely purposefully supporting them. The media is broadcasting the exact opposite of the truth, or, at best, a twisted version of it.
Please, pray for protection from all evil plans of the enemy. Pray for protection from bloodshed of all Egyptians, especially the Body of Christ.
Praying Psalm 33:10-11
Full exposure of the Muslim Brotherhood (Habakkuk 3:13-14a)
Prayer for the region, His Will to be manifested on earth as it is in heaven. No fueling of events by the enemy."
In addition, for both countries:
Please pray for God's peace and calm to be upon both Syria and Egypt and for the powers of darkness that want to foment further violence, war and death to be bound in the name of Jesus.
Thanks for your support at this time.
International Prayer Connect
Updates from San Antonio
Updates from San Antonio: PART ONE
August 29, 2013
A CRY FOR HELP FROM THE ALAMO
Allan Parker, President of The Justice Foundation, representing hundreds of Black, Hispanic, and Anglo pastors issued the following call for help:
"Echoing the immortal words of Col William Barrett Travis from the Alamo, where he drew a line in the sand 'I call on you in the name of liberty, of patriotism, and everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid with all dispatch.' We only have a week to stop the most radical gender identity ordinance in the nation." Please contact the San Antonio City Council at 210-207- 7040.
WHY THE CITY OF SAN ANTONIO GENDER CONFUSION ORDINANCE
IS MORE RADICAL THAN THAT OF OTHER CITIES
There are four major reasons why the City of San Antonio's proposed gender confusion ordinance would place it as one of the most radical sexual orientation and gender identity ordinances in the nation. Called a non-discrimination ordinance, it discriminates against Christians. Here are my conclusions:
1. Asexuality and bisexuality are not usually included in the definition of sexual orientation. The Wikipedia cites that there is even disagreement among gender experts as to whether asexuality is a disorder or is true sexual orientation.
2. It violates the Texas Constitution explicitly. It does not give protection for those who believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman. Texas is a one man/ one woman state for marriage. The city is already in violation of the Texas Attorney General's opinion that it is improper to give domestic partnership benefits to homosexuals. Its passage inevitably requires domestic partnership health benefits for every business in the city. Though it says the ordinance will not do this, the City refuses to put that in writing in the ordinance.
3. It allows enforcement by complaints filed against any business by any member of the aggrieved community and expands the size of the community and the definition of sexual orientation to include at least four orientations, heterosexual, homosexual, asexual and bisexual. Most statutes do not go that far.
4. It fails to include a clear and complete restroom protection clause that would make it not apply to gender specific facilities.
Released by: Allan Parker, THE JUSTICE FOUNDATION
7210 Louis Pasteur Dr., Suite 200
San Antonio, TX 78229
Updates from San Antonio: PART TWO
A Plea for Help from Intercessors in San Antonio
Thank your for your personal prayers on behalf of our city. I am asking you for your willingness to add thousands of intercessors to pray with us and for us. The situation in San Antonio is what you are facing in DC every day, as if we are fighting the devil himself. Actually we are, but greater is HE who is in us than he that is in the world. I appreciate all that you and the Capitol Hill Prayer Partners do in prayer and being proactive to hold back the forces of evil and lifting high our Lord Jesus Christ. We thank you that we can count on you to rally with us in prayer "for such a time as this."
Praying with you and for you,
Joan Courtney, President and Founder
Women's Prayer International
11103 San Pedro Ave. Suite 221
San Antonio,Texas 78216
Toll free: (866) 325-PRAY
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Village Priestess Overhears Scripture Reading,
Becomes Witness for Christ
by Jeremy Reynalds, ASSIST News Service
She burned all the paraphernalia she used for incantations and began witnessing to the villagers about how she had been liberated through Christ.
(Cameroon)-Martha-the village priestess whom everyone thought was divine and who would tell them what kind of animal sacrifices to make-was out walking one day when she heard something interesting.
According to a story by Wycliffe Associates, there was a woman on the street in a Cameroon village reading out loud about a man who had been delivered from evil spirits. It was a story the priestess had never heard before. And unknown to her, it was right out of God's Word, which had been translated into the local Yemba language.
Cameroon is a country in the west Central Africa region.
Martha was intrigued and asked this woman how she, too, could be delivered from evil spirits. After hearing about the one true God and His deep love for her, the priestess surrendered her heart to Christ and was dramatically changed.
Wycliffe said she burned all the paraphernalia she used for incantations and began witnessing to the villagers about how she had been liberated through Christ.
According to Wycliffe, there are about 300,000 people who speak the Yemba language in Cameroon. The culture is still anchored in the tradition of sacrifice and idol worship. But as with Martha, the translated Scriptures are beginning to take hold and transform lives.
"When the people hear God's Word in their language, they believe that it is not outside of their culture . . . it's part of their culture," said Jean Claude, a national translator for the Yemba language project, speaking in the story. (Read more here)
[Reported by: Breaking Christian News]
Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call
Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call
Devotional for Day 24:
29 August 2013
Sue Tinworth, PIPES
(Partners in Prayer and Evangelism), Australia
Our sensitive repentance is an imperative in our passionate pursuit of intimacy with God. He draws us gently and encompasses us completely.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God (Matthew 5:8 NIV).
At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.
All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matt 11:25-30 NIV)
In the aspects in which we are pure hearted, we glimpse God's perspective.
The more pure hearted we become, the more we see God. It is our Father's will that we know Him as His sons and it is our privilege, through grace, to repent from everything that separates us from Him. When we rest deeply in the wholeness, the gentle lowly light and ease of who God is, we become like Him. All obstacles, all that separates us from Him, all that is not love, in us, dissolves. Then, others can see their Father and be drawn to His loving kindness.
Prayer: You are my Beloved. All I am I offer you. Consume me, that only purity remain as my gift to you, Jesus, that this beloved world might see you and know you as Lord and Saviour. Convict us with repentance, worldwide, so the nations may be transformed into abundant life that brings glory to you.
To view the Four Daily Prayer Points, as well as the Introduction to this prayer strategy, please visit their website by going here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Though the Mountains May Fall
by Dan Schutte
Though the mountains may fall
and the hills turn to dust,
yet the love of the Lord will stand
as a shelter for all who will call on his name.
Sing the praise and the glory of God.