GOOD NEWS CORNER --
Thousands in Egypt Shout
JESUS for 10 Consecutive Minutes!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Monday, August 19, 2013
"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. More evacuations in Idaho as wildfire threatens 10,000 homes- Fox News
More people were forced out of their homes this weekend outside the Idaho ski town of Ketchum as a wildfire being strengthened by strong winds made a push to the north, threatening 10,000 residences.
The number of homes evacuated by the blaze rose to more than 2,300 by Saturday evening. Another 7,700 in the area are under pre-evacuation, as authorities are urging homeowners to start packing up their belongings if they are forced to leave. But despite the adverse conditions and extreme fire behavior, some progress was made on the Beaver Creek Fire's south end, where crews conducted mop-up along the borders of blackened foothills west of Hailey.
Lightning on Aug. 7 ignited the blaze, which has now grown to 158 square miles as of Sunday morning, the U.S. Forest Service told Fox News. The fire is 9 percent contained.
- Heavenly Father, we ask You to be in the midst of this fire, and its impact on people's lives. If they know You, guide and direct them as to the evacuations of their homes and future of their lives. We ask for Your blessings of protection, strength, direction and calmness, in the lives of all firefighters and emergency personnel. We thank You for this and lift up praises to Your Holy Name! In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen and Amen.
- The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good. (Proverbs 15:3)
2. Treasury Dept. Fudging on National Debt Figure? - CBN
The U.S. Treasury Department reports the federal government spent $98 billion over its budget in July.
But CNS News says the government has not reported any rise in the national debt.
In fact, the debt has reportedly been stuck for three months at the exact same figure: $16,669,396,000,000.
- Lord, this report reflects something is not correct as to the actual facts of the US national debt. If the Treasury department reports that $98 billion over the budget was spent in July, yet the reported debt level is said to have not changed for 3 months, someone is distorting the facts. Father, expose all the lies! Lord, have mercy on the dishonest workers and save them if they will come, but move them aside and move in truth tellers, so that Your honesty and integrity can shine forth for all to see. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:18)
3. Californians Fleeing 'Nanny State' for Texas- CBN
One out of five Americans lives in either California or Texas. But recently there's been a mass exodus from the Golden State to the Lone Star State. The top reasons: a bad business climate, high taxes, and bad government. Those leaving believe it's going to get worse, not better.
"Voters are voting in a sense with their moving trucks," said Meredith Turney, a Californian who recently returned to her native state of Texas. One major reason for Turney's move is her frustration with California being the worst of the nanny states." Her Christian home-schooled family encountered trouble right from the start. "You could have a friendly, productive, deeply spiritual conversation about the monkey god Hanuman, but you could not talk about Jesus Christ," Freeman stated. "Buddhist, Hindu, whatever - 'yay!' Christian - 'boo!'"
Former California lawmaker Chuck Devore said it's because Texas is so pro-business, while the Golden State taxes and regulates companies near to death. Freeman said she and her family see Texas as the true land of liberty."We came back to Texas for freedom," she said. "One word, simple: freedom."
- Abba Father, this article reflects how quickly this nation is falling more into a moral abyss. May these families fight to keep Texas what they want it to be; as it too is being assaulted by the enemy in many ways. We stand in the gap and repent for so much that is happening and ask You to awaken people that You alone are the only answer to their issues. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me. (Luke 7:23)
4. TH Magazine: Persecution of Christians. . . in America - Townhall
From the military to the classroom, Christianity is under assault in the US. Todd Starnes reports for Townhall Magazine. Prepare for persecution. That's the message Frank Page has for evangelical Christians living in the United States. Page is president of the Southern Baptist Convention's Executive Committee-the nation's largest non-Catholic denomination.
"I'm not a conspiracy theorist," Page said. 'But I do believe the day is coming when churches will see outright persecution-as well as harassment and marginalization in this culture." Page has earned a reputation as an even-keel religious leader not prone to hyperbole. But in recent days he's begun sounding a clarion call to his fellow Christians in the U.S.-persecution is on the horizon. "There will be active and open persecution because of the biblical worldview of churches," Page said. "Our culture is with increased rapidity moving towards an intolerance towards anyone who has a biblical worldview. Churches better gear up and realize the days are coming."
And there is mounting evidence to suggest Page may be correct. In 2009, a Department of Homeland Security memorandum identified future threats to national security coming from Evangelicals and pro-life groups.
- Abba Father, may the church awaken to the reality of what is happening in this nation, and how much they need the fire of revival surging through every aspect of their being if they are to continue to stand in these last days and serve You as You would have us do! This is not the time to continue being just 'religious' and going through the motions, but to be refined through Your fire and rise up and declare how You alone are the answer to what is happening not just in the US but around the world. In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen and Amen.
- Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you. (1 John 3:13)
5. Philadelphia Borrows So Its Schools Open on Time - NY Times
Just a month after Detroit became the largest American city to file for bankruptcy, and with major cities like Chicago and Los Angeles struggling, this former manufacturing behemoth is also edging toward a financial precipice. But here the troubles are centered on the cash-starved public schools system.
- Heavenly Father, it appears that more and more US cities are 'reaping' the consequences of their corrupt, power hungry, and greed driven choices! Here is another city that is on the very brink of bankruptcy and destruction. Father, we ask You to rise up and confront the leaders in these cities, saving them if they will come, otherwise moving them aside. May You cause Your people to rise up and be workers and spokesmen for the good, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- There is no wisdom or understanding or counsel against the Lord. (Proverbs 21:30)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"For a little moment I have left you; but with great mercies I will gather you. In a little wrath I hid My face from you for a moment; but with everlasting kindness I will have mercy on you, says YHWH your Redeemer."
(Isaiah 54:7-8 )
1. Israel pays a painful price for peace talks - USA Today
Israel released 26 prisoners, most of whom were murderers or who assisted in murders, were greeted with fireworks, flags and cheers upon their return. The men were met at the Ramallah compound of President Mahmoud Abbas, who kissed them and vowed that more prisoners would follow them.
Israel's leaders have agreed to free 78 more prisoners to revive the peace process that many say is a painful sacrifice by a country that has lost thousands of citizens to Palestinian terrorism.
2. IDF deploys sixth Iron Dome battery - Times of Israel
One day after a rocket was fired from Sinai toward Eilat, and amid mounting tension in Egypt, the IDF last Wednesday brought a sixth Iron Dome anti-missile battery online, boosting the country's burgeoning air-defense array, it was confirmed Sunday.
3. IDF strikes Syrian army post following mortar shells falling on Golan - Jerusalem Post
The IDF fired a Tamuz surface-to-surface missile at a Syrian army post on Saturday, after several Syrian mortar shells exploded in the Golan Heights.
4. 2,700-year-old Hebrew inscription found in Jerusalem - Times of Israel
Archaeologists working in Jerusalem have discovered what they say is a 2,700 year-old pottery fragment with an ancient Hebrew inscription possibly containing the name of a Biblical figure.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
". . . for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. . . ." ( Proverbs 2:8)
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to be freed - Fox News
Egyptian judicial officials have ordered former President Hosni Mubarak freed from jail, a stunning turnaround for the 85-year-old strongman who ruled the nation for three decades before being ousted in a popular revolution, and a move that could plunge the unraveling North African nation into further violence.
The announcement, which comes as Egypt is roiling with new protests following the July 3 ouster of Mubarak's successor, Mohammad Morsi, stoked fears of even more violent reprisals from the Muslim Brotherhood, whose supporters have clashed with security forces and torched dozens of Coptic churches. As many as 1,000 Egyptians, including 70 soldiers and police officers,have been killed in the last week in fighting between the Muslim Brotherhood and the nation's more secular Muslims and Christians. On Sunday, some 25 Egyptian police were ambushed and executed in the lawless Sinai Peninsula, where the Muslim Brotherhood appears to have aligned with Al Qaeda fighters.
Also on Sunday, 36 Islamists died as they were being transported to a prison outside Cairo. Government officials said they suffocated in the back of a prison van after tear gas was used on them as they rioted. The Muslim Brotherhood accused the interior ministry of killing the detainees "for their opposition to the bloody military council".
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Keeping a prophetic eye on Egypt
President Obama has torched the Middle East by supporting the terrorist sponsoring, Caliphate promoting Muslim Brotherhood and all of its military alliances. Herein, is where the United States became an overt catalyst of end time prophecy. With a brief respite during the Reagan years, the US has been incrementally moving toward supporting the antichrist end time movement since President Jimmy Carter. The actions of the current Administration have no doubt moved the prophecy clock forward. All the nations that are specifically mentioned in scriptures as coming against Jerusalem in the Day of the Lord are now in play and the situation in Egypt could be a key indicator.
Ezekiel 38-39 and Zechariah 12-14 describe a colossal end time battle where nations such as Iran, Turkey, Sudan, Libya, parts of Syria and Iraq, and others stand to fight against Jerusalem. Egypt has its own special place in prophecy. It has been a place of refuge for the Messianic line. It has been friend and foe, but we can see in Isaiah what will happen in Egypt as the end times approach. We know that there is a highway that extends from Assyria to Egypt. We know that the Assyrian (who many identify as the antichrist) goes to Egypt for spoil. We know that because of the oppressors that Egyptians will cry out to the Lord "and he shall send them a savior, and a great one, and he shall deliver them."
Before that, however, there is much turmoil. Isaiah 19:1-4 says, "The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it. And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbor; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom. And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards. And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts."
The current situation in Egypt seems to be described by these verses. There is Egyptians against Egyptians. There are definitely idols. Brothers are fighting against brothers--as we have seen in several places beginning with Ishmael and his descendants. The current Egypt could very well be a type and shadow of what will happen in the end times. We may be moving toward them more swiftly than most would think. They may be birth pangs pointing toward the Day of the Lord. However, you might view these things and America's role in them, there is one thing for certain: We need to watch and pray and be that faithful servant of Matthew 24 doing the will of the Lord while the master is away.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
House Can Vote to Impeach!
GOP lawmaker: House has votes to impeach Obama 'tomorrow'
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold (Texas) said House Republicans have enough votes to impeach President Obama, but warned the effort to remove him from office would be unsuccessful and could damage the country.
"If we were to impeach the president tomorrow, you could probably get the votes in the House of Representatives to do it," Farenthold said at an Aug. 10 town-hall meeting. In a video of the event, Farenthold is shown responding to a constituent who asked if he would support an investigation into whether Obama forged his birth certificate.
Farenthold initially expressed regret that Congress did not more closely examine Obama's eligibility for the presidency during the 2008 campaign, and then sought to explain why Republicans had not pursued impeachment.
The Texas lawmaker said the country would be harmed if the House voted to impeach Obama but the Democratic-controlled Senate failed to remove him from office.
"What message do we send to America if we impeach Obama and he gets away with what he's impeached for and is found innocent?" Farenthold said.
Farenthold pointed to the failed effort to remove then-President Clinton from office in 1998.
"As a result of impeaching President Clinton, we've redefined what sex is to a lot of our young people, and we've said that it's OK to lie to Congress," warned Farenthold.
Farenthold is the latest GOP lawmaker to draw attention for questioning the president's citizenship. Last week, Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-Okla.) told a constituent that he had doubts about the president's citizenship but that a probe into the matter was not politically possible. Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) told a constituent on Aug. 3 that he would support a bill calling for an investigation into whether Obama's birth certificate was forged. (The Hill) Read more.
- O Abba Father, it is not just the ineligibility discussed here that should be reviewed and acted upon for impeachment and/or removal from office, but also for the violations of bypassing Congress on so many issues, thereby ignoring our Constitution. Lord, we see that we have the leadership we deserve, as our sins as a nation have now reached up to heaven, but we still cry our to You for mercy in our time of need. Please hear our prayer, O Lord, and help us to turn once again back to You. We ask You to intervene in the matter of the possible impeachment of the President of the United States of America, by Your grace and in Your name, amen and amen.
- "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when a wicked man rules, the people groan." (Proverbs 29:2)
"Liberty Bell Alert!"
"Liberty Bell Alert!"
Meet and Pray at the Liberty Bell
August 24, 2013
Our nation is at a crossroads. And we all have a decision to make. Will we stand and pray or sit and sway.
On Saturday morning, August 24, at 9:30 am in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania we will gather to pray at the Liberty Bell. We will call on our Father in heaven to awaken His people to His liberties.
In addition, meetings will be held at Straight Gate Church at 6000 Elmwood Avenue in Philadelphia on Thursday through Saturday, August 22-24.
For more information or to schedule interviews:
Bill Hunter, Restoration Philadelphia 806.570.1701
Getaneh Getaneh, Watch & Pray Ministries International 703.216.3458
Mindi Fires, AWAKE 7:14 432.352.3973
Beverly Clayburn, Straight Gate Church 215.913.1768
Read more here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Thousands in Egypt Shout JESUS ("Yeshua!")
for 10 Consecutive Minutes!
Thousands in Egypt Shout JESUS for 10 Consecutive Minutes This clip was shot live during the "Night of Prayer and Return to God" where people gathered together to pray for 12 continuous hours in the Cave Church in Cairo, Egypt on 11-11-2011. The congregation was praying for peace to rule over Egypt and surrounding turbulent countries.
(We challenge you to try to turn this off before this video is over; it is SO EXCITING to see!)
- Continue in prayer for the protection and the safety of our dear brothers and sisters in Christ who live in Egypt. May their voices of PRAISE fill the nations today!
- "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that [a]accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their vindication is from Me," declares the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call
Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call
Devotional for Day 13:
19 August 2013
J Michael Johnson, International Director of PEOPLE INTERNATIONAL
Serving the peoples of Central Asia
Half a billion Muslims in Greater Central Asia (between Turkey and China) are desperate to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. How long do they have to wait?
Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven." (John 20:20-23 NIV)
Today people are afraid to go to the really tough places as missionaries-to places that are in the news every day. Places like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, and all the countries ending with . . . 'stan'. Humanly speaking it is understandable, but take a close look at what Jesus said to his disciples:
1. Jesus met his disciples after He rose from the dead. They rejoiced at seeing him, but were also clearly concerned. Jesus quiets their spirits with "Peace be with you."
2. They along with us are to be sent out in the same manner as the Father sent Jesus to earth-also to a rather dangerous place-so Jesus is sending us.
3. We are not sent alone. Jesus breathed upon them and gave them the Holy Spirit. So it is with us too.
4. Most people stop with verse 22, but Jesus goes on to say something absolutely startling in verse 23. "If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."
It sounds like Jesus is giving us the power to determine whose sins are forgiven!
It is true. Because Christians are not going to the tough mission fields of Central Asia, everyday Muslim's die in their sins. We get to decide whether their sins are forgiven or not by simply staying home or ignoring what Jesus said about the church sending workers.
Dear Lord, please forgive us for being afraid of speaking to Muslims around us or not going to the Muslim world when you call us to go. We dedicate our life to you to use us however you wish. Thrust out more workers for the harvest of souls in the hard places of the world. Amen.
> > > Continue in prayer using the 4 prayer points above as the Lord leads you.
1. Pray for a worldwide outpouring of the Holy Spirit for revival and transformation of the nations of the world.
2. Pray for a billion people to find Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord.
3. Pray for an end to abortion and for God to turn back the tide of death and immorality that is sweeping the nations of the world.
4. Pray for a multiplication of prayer, praise and worship to God across the world as never before, to bring great glory to God.
To view the Introduction to this prayer strategy, please visit their website by going here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Julie True - Heaven's Embrace, Waves Of Love, You Delight In Me .
Begin your week in SOAKING PRAYER with this beautiful video . . . shalom. . .