Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for the Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
On Capitol Hill This Week Volume XIX, Number 27aOctober 22 - 26, 2012
"Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power . . ."
(Psalm 110:3 NAS)
News from Israel
News from Israel
- US, ISRAEL STAGE LARGEST EVER JOINT MILITARY EXERCISE
- ISRAEL TO ACT IF THREATENED BY SYRIA'S CHEMICAL ARMS
- SYRIA, IRAN, HIZBALLAH ATTACK WHILE US AND ISRAEL PLAY
- REPORT: EGYPT ON HIGH ALERT IN SINAI
- OBAMA TO ISRAEL: IRAN IS PILING UP FISSILE MATERIAL FOR 4-6 BOMBS
- NAVY SEIZES GAZA-BOUND FINNISH SHIP
- THIEVES BREACH IDF BASE IN NORTH; STEAL 4 RIFLES
- EU SLAMS GILO HOUSING PLAN. LIEBERMAN: THEY'RE CLUELESS
- NEW ARAB PARTY WILL SUPPORT ISRAEL
1. US, ISRAEL PREPARE TO STAGE LARGEST EVER JOINT MILITARY EXERCISE
An American force of 3,500 troops is preparing to join 1,000 Israeli soldiers in the largest US-Israel joint military exercise ever. The exact dates are being withheld as a security precaution. The maneuvers take place against the backdrop of increased tension with Iran and international speculation concerning intentions in Jerusalem to forcibly halt the Iranian nuclear program.
The stated goal of the $38 million joint mission-most of which is being paid by Washington-is for the American and Israeli armed forces to practice combating threats together. US Air Force Lt. Gen. Craig Franklin tried to dispel two frequently raised presumptions about the exercise and its timing, saying it's "not about national elections or any perceived tensions in the Middle East."
A key element of the exercise will be to test Israel's defensive shield, most of which was designed and built with Israeli and American expertise; and mostly American money. The defensive infrastructure is comprised of the Patriot, Arrow, and Iron Dome anti-missile systems, each one designed to destroy incoming missiles at different ranges.
An air of urgency was added to the joint exercise when a drone penetrated Israeli airspace last week and reportedly photographed sensitive military sites before being shot down by Israeli fighter jets. Iran has also threatened to use its proxies along Israel's borders-Hizbullah to the north; Hamas to the south-if hostilities ensue.
(By The Media Line, October 18, 2012)[Reported by BFP: Bridges for Peace]
- Pray that such exercises will give the enemies of Israel pause, and they will reconsider any hostile advances toward the State. Pray that the drills will strengthen Israel's alliances.
- "It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect - He teaches my hands to make war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze." ( Psalm 18:32, 34)
2. ISRAEL TO ACT IF THREATENED BY SYRIA'S CHEMICAL ARMS
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told European Union ambassadors on Tuesday [October 16] that Israel will do its best to make sure that the Syrian regime's chemical weapons won't fall into the hands of terrorists. He warned, however, that the Jewish state will consider taking military action if such a threat arises.
During his lunch with the envoys, the prime minister also tackled the Iranian threat, noting that the developments in the region indicate that Israel could become the target of an attack. Therefore, Israel cannot afford to take risks or make experiments that could fail, Netanyahu said.
While lauding the recent European sanctions on Tehran, the prime minister expressed doubt that the current economic penalties-harsh as they may be-are capable of staving off the Islamic Republic's nuclear development. He stressed that without a credible military option, Iran won't halt its atom[ic] program.
Addressing the new government in Egypt, the prime minister emphasized the importance of maintaining the peace treaty between the two countries. He stated that any change to the deal could compromise the accords. Netanyahu also said he expects the Egyptian authorities to prevent attacks originating in the Sinai Peninsula.
He further said he would welcome assistance from European diplomats in restoring the relations with Turkey, asserting that such efforts are within both sides' interests. (By Attila Somfalvi, Ynetnews, October 16, 2012)
- Pray that neither Assad nor the rebels will use chemical weapons on their people in Syria. Pray that those in Israel close to the Syrian border are protected against any attacks that may pour out of Syria.
- "You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you." (Psalm 91:5-7) [Reported by BFP: Bridges for Peace]
3. SYRIA, IRAN, HIZBALLAH ATTACK WHILE US AND ISRAEL PLAY COMPUTERIZED WAR GAMES
The assassination of the anti-Syrian Head of the Lebanon's Internal Security Forces intelligence branch, Brig. Gen. Wissam al-Hasan, Friday, Oct. 19, by a huge car bomb blast in East Beirut's Ashrafiya district marked the brutal spillover of the Syrian bloodbath into a second Arab capital and the threat of its spread towards Israel. The Syrian bloodbath is spreading more malignantly than ever with solid Iranian and Hizballah support and Tehran is closer than ever to realizing its nuclear aspirations.
This week, US President Barack Obama reined in Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan and his chief of staff Gen. Necdet Ozel from expanding Turkish cross-border clashes with Syria by sending Gen. Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, to Ankara. His restraining hand kept Turkey from going beyond artillery backing for Syrian rebels inside a10-kilometer limit inside Syria. He also cautioned the Turks against sending their warplanes across the border into Syrian airspace. If they were talking, Turkish Erdogan could compare notes with Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, who has experienced similar Washington restraints against launching military action to curtail Iran's nuclear program.
Whether or not the United States should step into the two blazing conflicts with two feet - or limit itself to extending military support from the outside to the forces willing to take on Syria and Iran - is a tough question which the two US presidential contenders, Barack Obama and Mitt Romney may address in their third and final pre-election debate in Florida, Monday, Oct. 22. Every few days, the Syria-Hizballah-Iran bloc ratchets up the violence with a new outrage in the certainty that there will be no comeback.
Sunday, Oct. 21, the US and Israel launch Austere Challenge 12, which they are calling their biggest joint war game ever, to practice defending Israel against a missile attack. Both American and Israeli war planners also realize that even these games are only applicable to defenses against an Iranian ballistic missile attack - not a triple Iranian-Syrian-Hizballah missile assault. This would call for US-Israeli air force intervention. But the air force is not taking part in the war game.
- Abba Father, there appears to be many points of confrontation and potential war within the Middle East, and many levels of diplomatic pressure and outside nations' involvement. Lord, we come to You and pray that the escalating violence will not explode into war unless it is Your timing for it to occur. Be in the midst of all of this we plead, and especially draw Your special land and people under Your wing, along with Your remnant bride within all these nations. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You. (Jeremiah 32:17)
4. REPORT: EGYPT ON HIGH ALERT IN SINAI
Security sources in Sinai said Monday [October 15] that Egypt has placed its forces in the peninsula on high alert. Cairo reportedly fears that Sinai's terror groups would attempt to execute a terror attack against Israel following the elimination of one of the leaders of a radical Salafi group in an Israel Air Force [IAF] strike on Gaza, Saturday.
According to a report in the Palestinian news agency Maan, the jihad ["struggle," war with unbelievers in Islam] groups in Sinai-especially al-Tawhid wal-Jihad Ansar Beit el-Makdas-may seek to retaliate from within Egyptian soil, or by sending car bombs to explode near Egyptian military posts in northern Sinai.
Egyptian sources told the agency that Cairo's security forces have been given intelligence indicating that such retaliation-especially one targeting Egyptian posts-may be possible within the next few days.
(By Elior Levy, Ynetnews, October 15, 2012)[Reported by BFP: Bridges for Peace]
- Pray that Egypt will stay vigilant in guarding and keeping safe the area that makes up Israel's southern border. Pray that threats are found and stopped before weapons or terrorists can do harm to Israel.
- "But I will sing of Your power; yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; for You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble." (Psalm 59:16) [Reported by BFP: Bridges for Peace]
5. OBAMA TO ISRAEL: IRAN IS PILING UP FISSILE MATERIAL FOR 4-6 BOMBS - IN NATANZ TOO
President Barack Obama this week clued Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu in on the latest US intelligence input confirming that Iran will have enough enriched uranium for 4-6 bombs by March 2013, debkafile reports from its Washington and intelligence sources. His update, which took place in the framework of quiet US-Israeli intelligence-sharing on the state of Iran's nuclear program, was Obama's first acknowledgment that sanctions and diplomatic pressure are not having any effect on that program.
It is now clear to his administration that Iran's leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei will press on toward a nuclear weapon capacity at any price - even if faced with a military threat. No pause is to be expected in Iran's drive to accumulate enough enriched uranium to fuel a nuclear bomb arsenal, while advancing at the same time along a second track toward a plutonium bomb.
Notwithstanding all the facts and figures from his own intelligence experts on the imminence of a nuclear Iran, President Obama is still leaning hard on Netanyahu to hold off a preemptive strike until after the Nov. 6 presidential election. He promises that, shortly after the vote, if he is reelected, he will put before Tehran the endgame document prepared by a White House team in the form of an ultimatum with a deadline for response.
debkafile's Washington sources disclose that a large group of former high-placed US diplomats, ex-officials and elder statesmen - Democrats and Republicans alike - has come forward to warn the Israeli prime minister to give up any expectation, ever, of Barack Obama's cooperation on the Iranian nuclear issue. These former top Washingtonians all harbor strong reservations about the president's foreign policy, especially on Iran.
- Lord Jesus, we fall before You to plead forgiveness for the leadership in this nation, which uses such serious threats to many nations as 'bargaining tools' for self advancement. Abide over and with the Israeli leadership, directing them when and what to do about this serious threat of Iran being fully nuclear, in Jesus' name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- These six things the Lord hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him: a proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren. (Proverbs 6:16-19)
6. NAVY SEIZES GAZA-BOUND FINNISH SHIP
Commandoes board ship carrying pro-Palestinian activists seeking to breach Israel blockade on Hamas-ruled territory; no violence reported. Vessel being led to Ashdod Port. The army said the soldiers boarded the Swedish owned, Finnish-flagged ship which was carrying pro-Palestinian activists, in accordance with the government's decision and international law, after diplomatic efforts to prevent the vessel from reaching Gaza's shore had failed.
"When the (ship's) passengers made it clear that they would not cooperate or accept the invitation to sail to the Ashdod Port, it was decided to seize the vessel and lead it to the Ashdod Port," the army said in a statement. "The Navy force operated as planned to guarantee the safety of the soldiers and passengers on the deck. The soldiers did not use force while seizing the ship. The army added that once the ship reaches Ashdod the passengers will be handed over to police and immigration authorities.
The organizers of the "Ship to Gaza Sweden" campaign said the Estelle is carrying about 30 people, including parliament members from Sweden, Norway, Greece and Spain. "I want to say that we are here to give a message of solidarity to the people of Gaza," Mor was quoted by CNN as saying from aboard the Estelle. "The siege is inhuman and immoral.
A senior Defense Ministry official said Israel "has a right to operate at sea to prevent the smuggling of arms to terror organizations." He called the Estelle passengers "provocateurs who are drive by hatred for Israel." The official stressed that "there is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza. More than 1,500 trucks carrying tons of goods enter Gaza each week through the land crossings. The IDF stressed that the preparations to intercept the ship were conducted only after diplomatic efforts to stop the sail had failed.
The Estelle is the latest in a series of activist-manned boats challenging Israel's blockade on Gaza, imposed after the terror group Hamas seized power of the coastal sliver in 2007. It left Naples, Italy, on Oct. 7.
[AFP, AP contributed to the report ]
- O Heavenly Father, the stated purpose of humanitarian aid for Gaza is the excuse that has been used by a number of flotilla activists. However, it is not based on truth as there is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza. Aid of various kinds is routinely delivered there. These flotillas are used to violate the Israeli blockade on Gaza which was established after massive numbers of missiles and weaponry were brought into Gaza and used against Israel. Lord, we plead before You for these 'false propaganda' ships to be stopped, in Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.
- There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death. (Proverbs 14:12) - Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. (Galatians 6:7)
7. THIEVES BREACH IDF BASE IN NORTH; STEAL 4 RIFLES
A severe security breach has taken place in an IDF base in northern Israel Friday, as several masked men were able to enter the base, overpower several soldiers and steal their weapons before fleeing the area. Security forces are canvassing the area for the suspects. The Military Police have launched an investigation and suspect the thieves might have had inside help.
According to available details, the breach took place in the early hours of Friday morning at the Naftali Base, near the Golani Junction. The men were apparently able to breach the base in close proximity to its weapons repository, overpower the soldier guarding it, tie him up and steal his weapon, as well as the weapons of three other soldiers. Friday's incident follows several others in which thieves were able to breach IDF bases.
Military bases in Israel are constantly plagued by metal thieves, as well as by thieves who are after equipment and weapons. In an effort to tackle such incidents, the IDF has invested NIS 7 million (roughly $1.8 million) in a new surveillance system, which is being installed in bases across Israel. The system includes both peripheral and on-site detection measures.
- Dear Heavenly Father, we ask that You hover over Israeli IDF leaders - and during times when they are studying Your Word - lead them as to how to stop these security breaches and secure their military bases. Lord, we ask You to stir up the fear of God in the hearts of the thieves. Have mercy and save them if they will turn to You. We pray in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- Apply your heart to instruction, and your ears to words of knowledge. (Proverbs 23:12)
8. EU SLAMS GILO HOUSING PLAN. LIEBERMAN: THEY'RE CLUELESS
The European Union's foreign policy chief has criticized Israel's plan to build hundreds of homes in Jerusalem's Gilo and called for it to hold fresh talks with the Palestinians. Catherine Ashton "deeply regrets" the Israeli Interior Ministry's decision to back the expansion of Gilo settlement by 797 units, said a statement from her office. "Settlements are illegal under international law and threaten to make a two-state solution impossible," said the statement, which repeated the EU's call for an end to settlements, both in the West Bank and in east Jerusalem. Talks "continue to represent the best way forward in resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict," it added. "Continuous expansion of settlements makes this all the more difficult."
On Thursday the Interior Ministry granted final approval for the plans to build the additional housing units in Gilo, which is located beyond the Green Line. On Saturday Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman rejected the EU's condemnation of the decision, saying Gilo "is an inseparable of Jerusalem, and Jerusalem is an inseparable part of Israel. "These automatic condemnations indicate a lack of a basic understanding of the reality in the region," the minister said in a statement.
"These condemnations contribute nothing to the advancement of dialogue between Israel and the Palestinians. They only encourage the Palestinian side to stick to its refusal to negotiate and continue its anti-Israeli activities in the international arena," Lieberman added.
"The EU should focus on the problems that are surfacing between different nations on European soil. After these issues are successfully resolved, we will gladly hear any suggestions regarding a solution to the problems with the Palestinians."
Israel considers both west and east Jerusalem to be its "eternal, indivisible" capital. The Palestinians, however, believe east Jerusalem should be the capital of their future state and are fiercely opposed to the extension of Israeli control over the sector.
- O Abba Father, what the Israeli leaders say about issues in the EU are so true. It is also true that Israel desperately needs more housing for its people. This assumption of a '2 state solution' for peace between Israel and the Palestinians is false, as the Palestinians have clearly stated how the destruction of Israel and all its people is their goal. Lord, we bind and rebuke these EU remarks and loose Your honesty and truth to come forth so this false propaganda cannot continue, in Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.
- Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the wicked; for there will be no prospect for the evil man; the lamp of the wicked will be put out. (Proverbs 24:19-20)
9. NEW ARAB PARTY WILL SUPPORT ISRAEL
In a change of direction from the current situation, a new Arab party being formed for the upcoming elections will support the State of Israel and will not be nationalistically Arab in its nature, Channel 2 News reported on Friday. According to the report, the members of the new party will be well-known public figures. It will likely be headed by Atef Qrenawi, a public figure from the city of Rahat in southern Israel, who is also a member of the Likud Central Committee and is responsible for reducing the gaps between the Arab and Jewish populations in the Ministry of Finance.
A source involved in the negotiations to set up the new party told Channel 2 News that the party will focus exclusively on issues related to the Arab population in Israel, and especially the population of children and young couples. "We're tired of Arab MKs who are more concerned with foreign policy in the Arab world and the Palestinian people," said the source, adding, "We want to take care of the Arab population in Israel." Many of the Arab MKs who presently serve in the Knesset are notorious for their anti-Israel positions and actions.
As for the new party, the source told Channel 2 it plans to begin operations soon and reach every Arab home in Israel. "It's time that everyone get to know us and know that there is another way and another direction," said the source. "These are not people who will serve as members of Knesset for 20 years and not take care of their own population."
- Abba Father, may this news be true, where the Israeli Arab leaders are in support of Israel as a nation, and the Arabic people living in Israel. We lift up praise to You, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- He who walks with integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his ways will become known. (Proverbs 10:9)
More International News
More International News
- CAR BOMB CAUSES MASSIVE BLAST IN BEIRUT; SYRIA BLAMED
- LEBANON PROTESTERS TRY TO STORM GOVERNMENT PALACE
- JORDAN UNCOVERS AL-QAEDA PLOT
- DID REUTERS FILE MISLEADING BENGHAZI REPORT?
- IRAN'S SECRET PLAN TO CONTAMINATE THE STRAIT OF HORMUZ
- PUTIN FLEXES MUSCLE IN BIG TEST OF RUSSIA'S NUCLEAR ARSENAL
- CHINESE SPIES HAVE TARGETED EVERY SECTOR OF THE U.S. ECONOMY
- RADIOACTIVE FOOD TO BE IMPORTED FROM JAPAN
1. CAR BOMB CAUSES MASSIVE BLAST IN BEIRUT; SYRIA BLAMED
Anti-Syrian politicians in Lebanon have accused Damascus of being behind a powerful car bomb that killed the head of Lebanon's internal intelligence. Opposition leader Saad Hariri and Druze leader Walid Jumblatt both said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad was behind the bombing in Beirut. A Syrian minister condemned the blast. Mr Hariri's coalition called on the government to resign. Friday's blast left eight people dead and wounded dozens.
The force of Friday's blast, the worst in the Lebanese capital for four years, ripped balconies from the fronts of buildings and set many cars on fire.
PM Najib Mikati said the government was trying to identify the perpetrators and they would be punished. Syrian Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi called it a "cowardly, terrorist act". He said such incidents were "unjustifiable wherever they occur".
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon called on "all Lebanese parties not to be provoked by this heinous terrorist act", while EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton called on "all Lebanese to remain calm". US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called the bombing a "dangerous sign that there are those who continue to seek to undermine Lebanon's stability." (BBC)
- The call for Lebanon to "remain calm" is good advice. Nothing is ever gained by riotous behavior. Pray that all Lebanese will keep their heads and not respond to loud protestations. Pray that the Lebanese intelligence will find the true perpetrators. Pray that the Lebanese Christians will answer the cries of their country with their prayers. Ask the Lord to set angels at the border between Lebanon and Syria.
- "By pride comes only contention, but with the well-advised is wisdom."
(Proverbs 13: 10)
2. LEBANON PROTESTERS TRY TO STORM GOVERNMENT PALACE
The funeral for Lebanon's slain intelligence chief descended into chaos Sunday as soldiers fired tear gas at protesters who tried to storm the government palace, directing their rage at a leadership they consider puppets of a murderous Syrian regime. The assassination of Brig. Gen. Wissam al-Hassan in a massive car bomb Friday threatens to shatter the fragile political balance in Lebanon, a country plagued by decades of strife - much of it linked to political and military domination by Damascus.
"The Sunni blood is boiling!" the crowd chanted as hundreds of people clashed with security forces. More than 100 protesters broke through a police cordon of concertina wire and metal gates, putting them within 50 yards (meters) of the entrance to the palace. Authorities responded with tear gas and several officers fired machine guns and rifles in the air. One plain clothes guard pulled a pistol from his belt and fired over protesters' heads. Then a roar of automatic gunfire erupted, sending the protesters scattering for cover.
Al-Hassan, 47, was a powerful opponent of Syria in Lebanon. He headed an investigation over the summer that led to the arrest of former Information Minister Michel Samaha, one of Syria's most loyal allies in Lebanon. He also led the inquiry that implicated Syria and Hezbollah in the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri in 2005.
Al-Hassan was buried near Hariri in Beirut's central Martyrs Square, where thousands of people gathered earlier Sunday for the funeral. TV footage showed al-Hassan's wife Anna, his young sons Majd and Mazen, and his parents shedding tears near his coffin. (AP)
- Pray for peace in the streets of Beirut, for someone is stirring up the protestors to gain more power. Lebanon has suffered fiercely in the last several decades, beginning with allowing the Russians to store weapons in its underground tunnels, then allowing Hizbollah to gain control in its country. Pray for both spiritual peace and physical peace. Call out for God's peace to be in the rioters, for they know not what they do.
- " When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell." (Psalm 26: 2)
3. JORDAN 'UNCOVERS AL-QAEDA PLOT'
Authorities in Jordan say they have arrested 11 militants alleged to have planned attacks on Western diplomats and shopping centers in the capital. Government spokesman Samih Maayta said the suspects were arrested in the past few days and were in police custody. Mr. Maayta said the men had brought in weapons from neighboring Syria, and al-Qaeda operatives in Iraq had helped them manufacture home-made explosives.
The plot was said to have been in preparation since June. The official told the BBC "this was an al-Qaida plot timed for the anniversary of the 9 November attacks on Amman in 2005", when a suicide bombing of three hotels in Amman killed 60 people. From the details given out by the Jordanian authorities this would appear to be the most serious al-Qaeda plot to target Jordan since the multiple hotel bombings of 2005.
As the plot is analyzed in detail it will likely add urgency to calls in the region to resolve the conflict next door in Syria, which is now spilling ever more across its borders. The aim of the attack was to "create a highly destructive explosive that would cause the highest number of casualties and extensive physical damage", Petra said. (BBC)
- Jordan, which shares the eastern border with Israel, has always been a good friend to Israel. The Moslem Brotherhood is trying to gain control of Jordan, for then destroying Israel will be easy. Ask the Lord to keep His hand of protection over Jordan. Praise the Lord that Jordan has exposed this al-Qaeda plot. Ask the Lord to keep King Abdullah strong in his determination to protect Israel and, thus, to continue to receive the blessings of the Lord.
-"The lips of the wise disperse knowledge, but the heart of the fool does not do so." (Proverbs 15: 7)
4. DID REUTERS FILE MISLEADING BENGAHAZI REPORT?
In the immediate aftermath of the jihadist attack against the U.S. mission in Benghazi, did Reuters file a false or misleading report quoting a purported protester by his first name who described a supposedly popular demonstration against an anti-Muhammad film outside the U.S. building?
According to new, vivid accounts provided by the State Department and intelligence officials, no such popular demonstration took place. Instead, video footage from Benghazi reportedly shows an organized group of armed men attacking the compound, the officials said. So, Reuters, what gives?
- Reuters is usually considered a reliable news service. Was Reuters fooled by the news of Benghazi? Pray for honesty in the editors and management at Reuters. Block Reuters from following other, patently dishonest, news services. Pray for all the American news services, so that true journalism is practiced by each of them - reporting news but not editorializing their biases. Pray for journalists who are not afraid of job losses because of their honesty.
-"And you would be secure, because there is hope; yes, you will dig about you, and take your rest in safety." (Job 11: 18)
5. IRAN'S SECRET PLAN TO CONTAMINATE THE STRAIT OF HORMUZ
A report from the German news magazine Der Spiegel states that Western intelligence agencies have acquired a top secret report detailing an Iranian plan to create a vast oil spill in the Strait of Hormuz with the aim of both temporarily blocking the vital shipping channel, including that of the U.S. Navy, as well as to force a suspension of Western sanctions.
Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein tried a similar tactic in 1991 during the first Gulf War, dumping 5.7 million barrels of oil in the Persian Gulf in an attempt to deter an assault by invading U.S. forces. In 1983 during the Iran-Iraq War, a 1.9-million-barrel slick from an oil tanker collision caught fire in the Persian Gulf, killing 11 people. It is speculated that If the German report is true, the Iranian operation could be a sign of Tehran's dwindling options.
Der Spiegel reports the plans for Murky Water may now be in the hands of Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, who makes all final decisions in Iran. The ruling cleric said Monday that economic pressure on his country wasn't a destabilizing factor when considering the resolve of the Iranian people. (AlertsUSA Threat Journal)
- Where is the EPA now? How diabolical can man be when planning to pollute the waters of so many people, not even considering the damage to sea life and the danger to ships. This report suggests desperation on the part of Iranians! Pray against this action plotted by the Iranian leadership. Remind the Lord that the earth is His, and ask Him to take such measures as He must to stop this desecration of His creation. Pray that the West will take prevention actions to stop this wasteful use of God's precious oil.
-"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you. And through the rivers , they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you." (Isaiah 43: 2)
6. PUTIN FLEXES MUSCLE IN BIG TEST OF RUSSIA'S NUCLEAR ARSENAL
Reuters reports: "President Vladimir Putin took a leading role in the latest tests of Russia's strategic nuclear arsenal, the most comprehensive since the 1991 Soviet collapse, the Kremlin said on Saturday. The exercises, held mostly on Friday, featured prominently in news reports on state television which seemed aimed to show Russians and the world that Putin is the hands-on chief of a resurgent power. Tests involving command systems and all three components of the nuclear 'triad' - land and sea-launched long-range nuclear missiles and strategic bombers - were conducted 'under the personal leadership of Vladimir Putin', the Kremlin said.
An RS-12M Topol Intercontinental Ballistic Missile was launched from the Plesetsk site in northern Russia, and a submarine test-launched another ICBM from the Sea of Okhotsk, the Defence Ministry said. Long-range Tu-95 and Tu-160 bombers fired four guided missiles that hit their targets on a testing range in the northwestern Komi region.. Exercises of the strategic nuclear forces were conducted on such a scale for the first time in the modern history of Russia,' the Kremlin statement said.
'Vladimir Putin gave a high evaluation to the combat units and crews and the work of the Armed Forces General Staff, which fulfilled the tasks before them and affirmed the reliability and effectiveness of Russia's nuclear forces.' The exercises included tests of communications systems and 'new algorithms' for command and control, it said.
Russia says it is modernizing a nuclear arsenal that was largely created during the Cold War and will continue to use nuclear weapons as a key deterrent. (Reuters)
- Putin seems to be saying, "I dare you to cross me." If updating its arsenal is the purpose, why did Russia allow so many of its nuclear scientists to go Iran? Can either country trust the other? More than meets the eye is happening here. Pray that the USA has the leadership with the determination to stop any bullying by Russia. With the Lord's help, we stopped the Cold War with Russia, and we can do so again.
- "There is no [human] wisdom or understanding or counsel [that can prevail] against the Lord. The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but deliverance and victory are of the Lord." (Proverbs 21: 30,31 Amp)
7. CHINESE SPIES HAVE TARGETED EVERY SECTOR OF THE U.S. ECONOMY
The Chinese are playing dirty in the international spy game, according to current and former intelligence officials at the highest levels of government. According to General Michael Hayden, former head of the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Security Agency, "This is stealing American wealth. It's stealing American jobs. It's stealing American competitive advantage." His comments came in a recent interview with NBC news.
General Hayden's comments were echoed by Congressman Mike Rogers, the Chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, who said in the same interview that the Chinese have targeted literally every sector of the American economy. "Everything you can possibly imagine we have seen the Chinese make a concerted effort to steal that information and use it for their own economic advantage." That includes blueprints for the next generation of auto parts, formulas for pesticides and pharmaceuticals, and other information that makes American companies competitive in the global market place.
The full article should serve as an eye opener that the U.S. is being ripped off on a scale never before seen in history. And as readers will find, a big chunk of the concern focuses around the enormous population of Chinese university students in the USA in just the last 2 years. (AlertsUSA Threat Journal)
- We must continue to repent for the immense waste of God's blessing of wealth on America. No wonder the Lord has withdrawn His protection over our wealth, our land, and our children. Pray as you repent for our nation to once again live under the shadow of God's wing. What can you personally do to prevent China's robbery?
- "The silver is Mine and the gold is Mine, says the Lord of Hosts." (Haggai 2: 8).
8. RADIOACTIVE FOOD TO BE IMPORTED FROM JAPAN, ACCCORDING TO STATE DEPARTMENT. HILARY CLINTON SIGNED A PACT WITH JAPAN
In late August the U.S. government made the stunning decision to lift it's ban on Japanese beef imports, ending a 30-month suspension initially started because of an outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease. The ban was continued following the Fukushima disaster, which, despite the near total lack of news coverage, in fact remains a full blown disaster and is relatively unchanged due to the extraordinarily high radiation levels.
But even more disturbing is this week's resumption of beef imports originating from within Fukushima Prefecture itself. Perhaps a more sobering way to explain this is that the U.S. government has approved the import of beef products from cattle raised less than 100 miles from three nuclear reactors which are still in meltdown and which continue to release radioactive materials into the environment.
While authorities on both sides of the Pacific say the beef is tested and contains safe levels of radiation based on "current scientific knowledge", it should also be understood that there are massive economic considerations in play with all such decisions. Here at AlertsUSA, where there is no such thing as a coincidence, we find it interesting that within days of the U.S. decision to allow Japanese beef imports to resume, the Japanese dropped their own ban on U.S. beef imports.
Further, nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen says that high-level friends in the U.S. State Department told him that Hillary Clinton signed a pact with Japanese counterpart agreeing that the U.S. will continue buying seafood from Japan, despite that food not being tested for radioactive materials. (AlertsUSA Threat Journal )
- Shame on Mrs. Clinton, playing politics with Americans' health. Surely there are other products to buy from Japan than radioactive food. If she is following the directions of the president, then she should resign rather than expose Americans o potentially dangerous food. Why has this pact not been presented by our media? Pray against any such foods coming into American markets.
- "For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is destruction; their throat is an open tomb; they flatter with their tongue." (Psalm 5: 9).
On Capitol Hill This Week: Vol. XIX, No. 27b
- CAMPAIGN MOVES INTO FINAL PHASE, DRIVEN BY ELECTORAL MATH
- FAIR AND BALANCED: MAINSTREAM MEDIA BEGINS REPORTING TRUTH
- OBAMA, ROMNEY TO MEET FOR FINAL SHOWDOWN TONIGHT
- AMBASSADOR STEVENS REPEATEDLY SOUNDED AL QAEDA ALARMS
- AMBASSADOR STEVENS' DEATH: NOT JUST A SIMPLE COVER-UP
- OBAMA AND A DEAL WITH IRAN
- FEMA CORPS: NEW YOUTH INDUCTEES
- OBAMA STOPS RELEASING "STIMULUS" REPORTS
- OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IGNORING POTENTIAL $150 MILLION FRAUD
- U.S. SPENT $5.6 MILLION TO PRESERVE LANDMARKS IN OTHER COUNTRIES
- OBAMA'S TAXPAYER-BACKED GREEN ENERGY FAILURES
- U.S. APPEALS COURT RULES AGAINST DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT
- GALLUP STUDY POLL: 3.4 PERCENT OF U.S. ADULTS ARE LGBT
- U.N. TO MONITOR CONSERVATIVE GROUPS AT POLLING PLACES
1. CAMPAIGN MOVES INTO FINAL PHASE, DRIVEN BY ELECTORAL MATH
For months, Mitt Romney's campaign has expressed confidence in its ability to restore North Carolina to the Republican column in November. The boast isn't just bluster. With five consecutive polls showing Romney ahead by an average of 5.6 points in North Carolina - which Barack Obama carried by 14,000 votes in 2008 - the Romney campaign on Thursday signaled it would begin redeploying resources to tighter battlegrounds. On the day early voting kicked off in the Tar Heel State, RealClearPolitics (RCP) shifted the state from toss-up status to "lean Romney."
One can question whether such confidence is misplaced, but the shift is a sign we have entered a new phase of the campaign, marked by a final sprint around a shrinking battlefield. Since the start of the general election, and even amid the jagged vicissitudes of the past six weeks, the electoral map has been remarkably static. Romney and Obama have spent the vast majority of their time and money in just nine states: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin. From time to time, polls have given rise to rumors that another state (Pennsylvania, Michigan or Arizona, for example) might come into play, but it doesn't look that way. Now, if North Carolina is sliding to Romney's column - a judgment the Obama campaign disputes - we are down to eight. (Time) Read more.
- Heavenly Father, we as American citizens ask that You deliver into our hands Your choice for governance in these perilous times. You know who will best carry out Your plans for this hour in our nation's history. You are the Alpha and the Omega. Deliver us from the snare of the enemy who is a roaring lion. You have all authority in heaven and earth and we make our appeal to You Almighty God!
- "Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else--not only in this world but also in the world to come." (Ephesians 1:21)
2. OBAMA, ROMNEY TO MEET FOR FINAL SHOWDOWN TONIGHT
While foreign policy became an unexpected pivotal point in last week's town-hall style presidential debate, Monday's final showdown will focus entirely on international affairs.
And with the U.S. government knee-deep in an investigation of its handling of the Benghazi consulate attacks and as reports emerge of planned negotiations with Iranian leaders, the topic could provide a pivot point in the tight race for the White House.
"I think it's going to be an important debate," senior Obama campaign adviser David Axelrod said Sunday, though he sought to lower expectations. "I don't think any one event is decisive, even though being strong at home and building our economy is the No. 1 issue." (CNN)
- Father God, we lift up both candidates, as well as the moderator, Bob Schieffer, as they prepare for this final debate. We thank You that last week, 65,500,000 American citizens tuned into the third debate, and we ask for sustained public interest tonight. As we view each candidate and weigh his ability to represent America in foreign policy, may the scales fall of the eyes of those who are yet undecided in their vote. Together, we bind the spirit of deception and loose the spirit of truth in this forum, in Jesus' mighty name. Amen and amen.
- "Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven." (Matthew 18:18)
3. FAIR AND BALANCED: MAINSTREAM MEDIA BEGINS REPORTING TRUTH
a) CBS News posts video: "Doing Business the Mormon Way" -- honors Mitt Romney. Go here.
b) The Washington Post (a liberal newspaper) posts an article by Charles Krauthammer, directly challenging Obama's statements on Libya. To read "The Great Gaffe," go here.
c) Newsweek Magazine has published a cover story by Neil Ferguson: "Hit the Road, Barack," saying that one term of this president is enough. Go here.
- Father, we have cried out to You to move upon the hearts of the leaders in print and broadcast media, to report the facts in truth to our people. We thank You for these answers to prayer, and ask that more reports such as these would be forthcoming. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
4. AMBASSADOR STEVENS REPEATEDLY SOUNDED AL QAEDA ALARMS
Across 166 pages of internal State Department documents -- released Friday by a pair of Republican congressmen pressing the Obama administration for more answers on the Benghazi terrorist attack -- slain U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and the security officers assigned to protect him repeatedly sounded alarms to their superiors in Washington about the intensifying lawlessness and violence in Eastern Libya, where Stevens ultimately died.
On Sept. 11 -- the day Stevens and three other Americans were killed -- the ambassador signed a three-page cable, labeled "sensitive," in which he noted "growing problems with security" in Benghazi and "growing frustration" on the part of local residents with Libyan police and security forces. These forces the ambassador characterized as "too weak to keep the country secure."
In the document, Stevens also cited a meeting he had held two days earlier with local militia commanders. These men boasted to Stevens of exercising "control" over the Libyan Armed Forces, and threatened that if the U.S.-backed candidate for prime minister were to prevail in Libya's internal political jockeying, "they would not continue to guarantee security in Benghazi." (Fox News) Read more.
-Heavenly Father, we ask that You give our foreign relations teams Your wisdom in placing strategic diplomatic protection in place for all of our foreign service personnel. We ask that You be our strong tower and shield, especially in areas that warrant extra diligence in protective covering.
- "The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." (Proverbs 18:10)
5. AMBASSADOR STEVENS' DEATH: NOT JUST A SIMPLE COVER-UP
The Obama administration isn't simply covering up a "policy failure." The fact that Obama and his administration knew Stevens literally had a target on his back and did nothing is not the issue. At issue is the fact that Obama and his administrative team continually downgraded Stevens' security as the threats against him became ever more apparent.
Lt. Col. Andy Wood, a Green Beret with the Utah National Guard who headed the team assigned to protect Stevens and Libyan embassy personnel told CBS News that his sixteen man team and another six-man team were recalled from the embassy a month prior to the September 11th attack. According to FOX News, Woods said "it was unbelievable to him that the State Department decreased security in Libya when it did, [after] he showed them how dangerous and volatile and unpredictable the entire environment in Libya was with at least 13 security incidents before September 11th backing up his case."
After multiple reports that Stevens' life was in jeopardy, Wood's unit and another unit assigned to protect Stevens were ordered back to the United States. (Western Journalism Center)
- Lord God, we come before You tonight, knowing that You are the Omniscient One. We thank You that if we ask, You will answer. Lord, we ask tonight that every hidden thing be revealed about this horrible tragedy, not only behind closed doors, but also in front of the general public. We ask that those who are accountable for the mistakes made in Benghazi, resulting in the deaths of four American citizens, be brought to justice. May those who need to be humbled by this tragedy bow their knee to You in repentance, and may they find salvation You. We ask this prayer in Your mighty Name, amen.
- "He reveals mysteries from the darkness And brings the deep darkness into light." (Job 12:22)
6. OBAMA AND A DEAL WITH IRAN
It is reported by World Net Daily sources that Iranian and U.S. negotiators have reached an agreement that calls for Iran to halt part of its nuclear program in exchange for the lifting of many of the U.S. sanctions against the Islamic regime, according to a highly placed source. Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, expects a letter from Obama in a few days guaranteeing the details of the agreement, arrived at recently during secret negotiations in Doha, Qatar. The source, who remains anonymous for security reasons and is highly placed in Iran's regime, said that once Khamenei receives Obama's guarantees, he will authorize an announcement by Iran on a solution to the nuclear crisis before the U.S. presidential elections.
The agreement calls for Iran to announce a temporary halt to partial uranium enrichment after which the U.S. will remove many of its sanctions, including those on the Iranian central bank, no later than by the Iranian New Year in March. Iran is in the throes of massive inflation and citizen unrest because of the sanctions. Iran has a track record of diversion with stalling truthful negotiations in order to continue with their hidden agenda of nuclear development of nuclear weaponry. (World Net Daily) Read more.
- Lord God, there is nothing that passes You that You do not know full well. Nothing is hidden from You. You are the One who has all authority and power to deal with the rulers of this world. We make our requests to You, O Lord. Give our leaders Your wisdom on matters of dealing with Iran and its rogue administration. Give sound counsel to our leaders and to the leaders of Israel. Confound the ways of our enemy and deliver us from this evil. Cause their knees to bow to You Lord in all things both great and small.
- It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'" (Romans 14:11)
7. FEMA CORPS: NEW YOUTH INDUCTEES
On March 13, 2012, the White House announced an innovative partnership between the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) to establish a FEMA-devoted unit of 1,600 service corps members within AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) solely devoted to disaster preparedness, response, and recovery. This partnership builds on the historic collaboration between the two agencies and will enhance the federal government's disaster capabilities, increase the reliability and diversity of the disaster workforce, promote an ethic of service, expand education and economic opportunity for young people, and achieve significant cost savings for the American taxpayer. When the program is at full operational capability, and in an average disaster year, we expect to see a savings of approximately $60 million in a year.
The claim that 60 million dollars a year will be saved with the addition of 1,600 service corps members needs to be tracked in the months that follow. Rarely does savings in tax dollars come by adding such large numbers to federal programs, if any. there are some who say that this corps may be a forerunner of an Obama brown-shirt youth corps. It certainly needs watching at the very least.
Dept of Homeland Security graduated its first class of FEMA Corps youth
Vicksburg, Miss., Sep. 13, 2012 -- FEMA Deputy Administrator Rich Serino gave the keynote address at the Induction Ceremony for the inaugural class of FEMA Corps members. FEMA Corps members assist with disaster preparedness, response, and recovery activities, providing support in areas ranging from working directly with disaster survivors to supporting disaster recovering centers to sharing valuable disaster preparedness and mitigation information with the public. (FEMA) To read his remarks at this graduation ceremony, go here.
- Heavenly Father, we ask that no hidden or unconstitutional, unlawful, or unsanctioned agendas be set in motion with the use of these FEMA youth programs. In Your Name we pray, amen.
- "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." (Hebrews 4:13)
8. OBAMA STOPS RELEASING "STIMULUS" REPORTS
The $831,000,000,000 economic "stimulus" that Obama spearheaded and signed into law requires his administration to release quarterly reports on its effects. But "the most transparent administration in the history of our country" is now four reports behind schedule and has so far not released any reports whatsoever in 2012. Its most recent quarterly report is for the quarter than ended on June 30, 2011.
One wonders how the administration would treat a private citizen who acted like such a scofflaw in response to one of Obama's principal legislative initiatives. It certainly appears that this administration, which is so very fond of regulating Americans' lives - witness the 13,000 pages of Obamacare regulations it has already penned - doesn't hold itself accountable to the same set of rules that it's so eager to compel the American people to obey. (The Weekly Standard) Read more.
- We ask that these figures be released, in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light." (Mark 4:22)
9. OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IGNORING POTENTIAL $150 MILLION FRAUD
Obama's Department of Transportation (DOT) has reportedly ignored information that the Chicago Transit Authority, which used to employ the president's closest advisor, has defrauded taxpayers by as much as $150 million.
Cause of Action (CoA), a government corruption watchdog, "uncovered the potential of up to $150 million in taxpayer funds being improperly awarded to the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) due to CTA's potentially fraudulent reporting dating as far back as 1982 and possibly continuing to the present," according to a report released today. Cause of Action bases that figure on an audit that indicates CTA received $1-5 million in 2006 alone by providing the Transportation Department with false information.
The watchdog group explained how the alleged fraud works: The federal government subsidizes transit systems under the Urbanized Area Formula Program. The funding that transit systems receives increases or decreases in part based on the number of Vehicle Revenue Miles are driven by the transit system. Obama's hometown transit system manipulated the federal program by over-reporting the number of Vehicle Revenue Miles (VRM) that it drives annually, according to Cause of Action.
DOT inspector general Calvin Scovel was "informed of the fraud in 2009″ but "to our knowledge, no federal investigation has taken place," Cause of Action said. The Justice Department also knows if the report. The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee was informed in 2011.
CTA has close ties to the White House and Obama's Transportation Department. (Washington Examiner) Read more.
- Lord God, we ask that You expose and bring into the light any misappropriations of funds designated to cover legitimate transportation needs in Chicago and other national financial institutions. We ask that honest work and diligence be rewarded and that irresponsible financial managers be removed from public service. You are the righteous judge Heavenly Father. We make our appeal to You and Your authority.
- "God is a righteous judge, a God who expresses his wrath every day." (Psalm 7:11)
10. U.S. TAXPAYERS SPENT $5.6 MILLION IN 2011 TO PRESERVE LANDMARKS IN OTHER COUNTRIES
U.S. taxpayers spent $700,000 in 2011 to help conserve the ruins of a 9th century city in East Africa, according to a State Department report. Another $100,000 in taxpayer funds went to Russia, where it is being used to "preserve a traditional 19th century Log House Museum in the Russian North, in the Russian Federation."
The projects were part of a total $5.6 million in grants made to foreign nations to preserve their cultural landmarks, as part of the State Department's "Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation." The ruins of the African city of Kilwa Kisiwani are located in Tanzania, on the coast of East Africa. During the Middle Ages, the sultans who ruled the city commanded trade along the African coast. (CNS News) Read more.
- Dear Lord, we are disturbed at this expenditure during a time of economic strain in our own country and ask that You would bring reason to our Congressmen. We pray for all funds to be cut off that are distributed for reasons of fear and intimidation. We declare that funds intended to be distributed to rebuild mosques in countries hostile to us and to Christianity be intercepted and returned to our own country, in the name of Jesus. We ask that You would stop all funding of projects that are not in our vital interest.
- "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." (Galatians 5:1)
11. OBAMA'S TAXPAYER-BACKED GREEN ENERGY FAILURES
It is no secret that Obama's and green-energy supporters' (from both parties) foray into venture capitalism has not gone well. But the extent of its failure has been largely ignored by the press. Sure, single instances garner attention as they happen, but they ignore past failures in order to make it seem like a rare case.
The truth is that the problem is widespread. The government's picking winners and losers in the energy market has cost taxpayers billions of dollars, and the rate of failure, cronyism, and corruption at the companies receiving the subsidies is substantial. The fact that some companies are not under financial duress does not make the policy a success. It simply means that our taxpayer dollars subsidized companies that would've found the financial support in the private market.
So far, 36 companies that have received federal support from taxpayers are faltering - either having gone bankrupt or laying off workers or heading for bankruptcy. This list includes only those companies that received federal money from the Obama Administration's Department of Energy and other agencies. The amount of money indicated does not reflect how much was actually received or spent but how much was offered. The amount also does not include other state, local, and federal tax credits and subsidies, which push the amount of money these companies have received from taxpayers even higher. (Heritage Foundation) Read more.
- Father, Your Word says that You know our thoughts from afar. Only You have the perfect understanding of how to administrate justice upon a nation and its people. We ask that You expose any corruption that is playing a hand in eroding our national wealth and stewardship to its citizens. Bring justice to those who do not fear You and trample upon Your Word of serving others above oneself.
- "O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in--behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?" (Psalm 139:1 -7)
12. U.S. APPEALS COURT RULES AGAINST DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT
A U.S. appeals court in New York this past Thursday ruled that a U.S. law defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman unconstitutionally denies federal benefits to lawfully married same-sex couples. The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals is now the second federal appeals court to reject part of the Defense of Marriage Act. It upheld a lower court ruling that had found a central part of the law unconstitutional.
Appeals in several cases are currently pending before the U.S. Supreme Court, which could choose to take up the issue in its current term.
Two members of a three-judge panel ruled in favor of Edith Windsor, an 83-year-old woman who argued that the law discriminates against gay couples in violation of the U.S. Constitution. They found that gays and lesbians are entitled to heightened protection from the courts, based on the history of discrimination the group has suffered. "Homosexuals are not in a position to adequately protect themselves from the discriminatory wishes of the majoritarian public," Judge Dennis Jacobs wrote for the majority. (CNBC News) Read more.
- Father God, we ask You to forgive these judges for this verdict, for they know not what they do. In ruling against godly principles, they are ruling against You, O High God, and their opinions are thus foolish and dangerous. Please correct this wrong, Abba. We ask for a miracle, as more courts and the current Department of Justice refuse to uphold and enforce the Defense of Marriage Act. We declare that these various groups do not need special protection of the law and that our courts will be staffed with judges that have a healthy fear of You, Dear Lord.
- "And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counselors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of Righteousness, the faithful city." (Isaiah 1:26)
13. GALLUP STUDY POLL: 3.4 PERCENT OF U.S. ADULTS ARE LGBT
A new Gallup survey, touted as the largest of its kind, estimates that 3.4 percent of American adults identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. The findings, released Thursday, were based on interviews with more than 121,000 people. Gallup said it is the largest study ever aimed at calculating the nation's LGBT population.
The report's lead author, demographer Gary Gates of the UCLA School of Law's Williams Institute, said he hoped the findings would help puncture some stereotypes about gays and lesbians while illustrating the diversity of their community. "Contemporary media often think of LGBT people as disproportionately white, male, urban and pretty wealthy," he said. "But this data reveal that relative to the general population, the LGBT population has a larger proportion of nonwhite people and clearly is not overly wealthy."
According to the survey, which was conducted between June and September, 4.6 percent of African-Americans identify as LGBT, 4 percent of Hispanics, 4.3 percent of Asians and 3.2 percent of whites. Overall, a third of those identifying as LGBT are nonwhite, the report said. (Associated Press) Read more.
- Dear Heavenly Father, we thank You for the correction of the common perception of LGBT, as they are held up as a large victimized minority. We pray that the extra attention given to them by the media will result in prayers going up for salvation and deliverance from this sad and ungodly lifestyle. We pray for healing of their wounds as only You can do. We pray that people will not be drawn to this lifestyle because it is being held up as acceptable by popular media.
- "For Adam was first formed, and then Eve." (1 Timothy 2:13)
14. U.N. TO MONITOR CONSERVATIVE GROUPS AT POLLING PLACES
Monitors from the United Nations-affiliated group Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) will be monitoring the activities of conservative groups at polling places in the United States this November, The Hill reported Saturday.
Alexander Bolton wrote that the monitors will be "looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups, a concern raised by civil rights groups during a meeting this week."
The term "voter suppression" is the phrase often used to describe efforts at eliminating voter fraud.
According to Bolton, 44 monitors from countries like Germany, France, Serbia, Belarus, Ukraine and Kazakhstan will "monitor an array of activities, including potential disputes at polling places." (The Examiner) Read more.
- Storm the heavens and tear down this initiative in the Blood of the Lamb. U.N. observers are normally sent to monitor elections in third-world countries, where corruption is rampant. The United States of America is not a third-world country! Ask our Lord to cause the reports of these "monitors" to be lost in the wind of His Spirit, and end up being of no effect. Pray!
- "Devise a plan, but it will be thwarted; State a proposal, but it will not stand, For God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
A Word for the Intercessors
A Timely Word to Intercessors
>From Dave Kubal, President
Intercessors for America
Dear Praying Friends,
I feel impressed to pass on a word of caution to our intercessors that emerged from our staff prayer time yesterday. We felt that the Church - and especially intercessors - may be under great attack over the next few weeks leading up to the election.
Specifically, here are ways to prepare your heart:
- Meet anger with civility - there is potential for the enemy to stir anger in these final moments before the election and the antidote to this is civility and love. (Gal. 5:22)
- Face oppression with praise - there may be a strong sense of depression (really it's oppression) and this can be fought with thanksgiving and praise. (Ps. 100:4)
- Push through complacency with courage - there is the possibility that hopelessness could set in resulting in complacency and this can be fought with godly courage. (Deut 31:6)
We had a sense that unity is very important. So, take the time to initiate prayer with another believer for extra strength as you pray. Let us intercede with great fervor for God's hand to move upon our nation. Please pass this on if you feel led.
Intercessors for America
Praises Are Your Protection!
Praises Are Your Protection!
A Word from Mary Fox Murphy
Christian Women's Outreach, Stillwater, OK
On Thursday morning, October 11, I was reading the Bible, praying, praising and talking with the Lord. My heart was sick over the things I saw happening to this nation. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. I remember saying to the Lord, "Oh my Lord, what is going to happen to us. Please tell me." Very quickly and quietly, the Holy Spirit responded saying,
"My child, dangerous times, dangerous times, dangerous times are coming upon your nation."
This was nothing new to me to hear something like this for since 1993, He had cautioned, repeated, and led me to scriptures that emphasized this. For five years, He, time and again, told me that unless our nation repented, judgment would be coming. But somehow, things were different now. These things-these foreboding words don't seem to be so far in the future, we are seeing the prophecies play out before our eyes. Our time has lapsed. The future is now. My next words were said through tears and great agony, "My God, my God, what are we to do?"
Just as quietly without emotion, the Holy Spirit said, "Isaiah 12."
I believe Is. 12 is a Word from the Lord for all of us as we enter into a place and a season through which we have never travelled. It is a very short chapter of great instruction for such a time as this. This chapter was written to Israel when she was in trouble and God had been angry with her. In my Bible the title topic says it is a Millennial Prayer for Israel, also a Hymn of Praise. I like it from the King James Version.
Isaiah 12:1 - "And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me."
If you will notice, in the first verse, Israel says, "I will PRAISE THEE, even though You were angry with me." After the praises, God's anger is turned away and He comforts Israel. So, regardless of our standing with the Lord as a nation or a person-we MUST PRAISE HIM to reach the Throne of Grace and receive the help we so desperately need and also, because we love Him so deeply.
THEN DECLARATIONS ARE MADE BY THE BELIEVER:
Isaiah 12:2 - "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation."
God is my Salvation
I will trust Him
I will not be afraid
Lord Jehovah is my Strength and my Song
He is my Salvation
BECAUSE OF YOUR BELIEF IN HIM, YOU WILL:
Isaiah 12:3 - "Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation."
Draw great JOY out of the very deep wells of your SALVATION.
( Even in the midst of great trials, there can be great joy coming from your solid salvation in the Lord- PRAISE CHANGES THINGS IN YOUR LIFE.)
GOD TELLS US WHAT WE ARE TO DO:
Isaiah 12:4 -6: "4 And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. 5 Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth. 6 Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee."
PRAISE THE LORD
Call upon His Name
Declare His doings among the people
Make mention that His Name is EXALTED
SING unto the Lord-for He has done incredible, wonderful things
CRY OUT AND SHOUT
FOR GREAT IS THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL IN THE MIDST OF THEE.
Isaiah 12:6b - " . . . for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee."
Remember, if He is in your midst-you are protected. Praises are Your Protection.
This short little chapter has simply changed me. I can read all of the devastating things that our government is doing, all about the impossible financial situation in which our nation rests, all about the possibilities of natural disasters and any and all of the other things that can happen to us from other nations. Even in the midst of dire seasons such as this, I know that I have an Advocate in the Lord, He is truly my Strength and my Hope. He is my Refuge and my Deliverer. He is my Help in times of trouble.
I am holding on to the message in Isaiah 12, because I trust the Word of God and because this has become a true Rhema Word to me. I pray that it ministers to you and you can place your faith and trust in what He tells you in this chapter.
This sounds way too simple . . . but don't ever short-change the Power in the Word of God and the Praise of the Lord.
WE CAN FACE THE FUTURE WITHOUT FEAR BECAUSE . . . PRAISES ARE OUR PROTECTION!
Blessings to everyone and all of my love to each of you.
Stand strong in the Lord and in the Power of His Might.
[A note from the editor: we do thank Mary Murphy for this powerful word, and we rest in its truth today. Please note that Mary Fox Murphy does not maintain a website. Thank you.]
A Message from Billy Graham
A Message from Billy Graham
VOTE Biblical Values
Tuesday, November 6
The legacy we leave behind for our children, grandchildren, and this great nation is crucial. As I approach my 94th birthday, I realize this election could be my last. I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel. I urge you to vote for those who protect the sanctity of life and support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and a woman. Vote for biblical values this November 6, and pray with me that America will remain one nation under God.
Rev. Graham is making resources available in order to spread this word across the nation, on his website. To see details, please go here.
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
"Lord our God, you answered them; you were to Israel a forgiving God, though you punished their misdeeds." (Psalm 99:8)
O Lord, how I thank You for Your never-failing love, Your lovingkindness, O God-who-forgives. May I live this day with a humble heart, knowing that my goodness is not of me, but of Thee; my sinfulness is of me but because of Thee, I am forgiven.
"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name." (Psalm 119:132)
(Taken from: Intimate Moments with the Hebrew Names of God, by Barri Cae Malin and Shmuel Wolkenfeld; Bridge-Logos Publishers; Gainesville, FL, 32614. ISBN: 0-88270-801-5)