Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Friday, October 12, 2012
"The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him, in those who hope in His mercy . . .He makes peace in your borders, and fills you with the finest wheat." [Psalm 147: 11,14]
Join us every night for ONE MINUTE OF PRAYER at 9:00 p.m. EDT (adjusted for your own time zone). Let's all cry out to God together for our nation! Amen! To learn more, go here.
To explore the many opportunities that are now available to all of us during the 40 DAYS and 40 NIGHTS of prayer, leading up to Election Day, please see our two-part series, "Praying for our Nation," by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. US Nears Fiscal Disaster: 'Washington Doing Nothing' - CNBC
"People are never going to understand how critical this particular time in history is," said Erskine Bowles, the North Carolina businessman and co-chairman of President Barack Obama's National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform. "We have $7.7 trillion worth of economic events that are going to hit America in the gut in December, and in Washington they're doing nothing about it."
- Abba, we see this news item being overshadowed by the chatter regarding the Vice-Presidential debate last night. We, as voters, and citizens, need to be mindful of these financial "disasters" that are imminent right after the election. We ask, Lord, that these facts be made known before the election, and that the citizenry will take it into consideration when they choose the occupant of the Oval Office in January 2013. We ask, again, that the secret things be made known, and we come against the spirits of confusion and chaos, lying spirits, and deceiving spirits. We pray that Your man will be elected on November 6th. In Yeshua's Name, we pray. Amen.
- "So have no fear of them; for nothing is concealed that will not be revealed, or kept secret that will not become known. What I say to you in the dark, tell in the light; and what you hear whispered in the ear, proclaim upon the housetops." (Matthew 10:26,27)
2. Sparks fly as Biden, Ryan face off in feisty vice presidential debate - Fox News
Vice President Biden and Paul Ryan came ready to rumble. And it showed.
(b)White House Serial Lies About Libya Extend to VP Debate - Breitbart
Biden made the patently false and outrageous claim that no one in the Obama administration knew that requests for extra security had been made by our Libyan ambassador, Christopher Stevens, and other members of our consulate in Benghazi. To emphasize his lie, Biden actually said it twice. The claim is absolutely false. So false in fact, that his pals at MSNBC called him out on it.
(c) Biden Loses It - Breitbart
Biden's demeanor was the story of the evening: smirking, laughing, snorting, shaking his head. The strategy seems to have been to laugh off America's problems, since the Obama administration has done nothing to solve them. Obama's campaign manager, Jim Messina, claimed that Biden was "a happy warrior." Biden may have been trying to compensate for Obama's perceived passivity in last week's debate. He may also have been trying to cover gaps in his own argument--he referred to Obama by name only once, and told several untruths when pressed on the Obama administration's record. But Biden's interjections and body language left a lasting impression with voters.
- Father, we thank You for this Vice-presidential debate last night, and the two very obvious demeanor of both men. One of them is serious and respectful and attempting to "stay on point" concerning the issues; and the other mocking and demeaning and disrespectful, and obviously trying to avoid the issues. Their body language speaks volumes. We pray for wisdom for the electorate, as we all vote November 6th. Amen.
- "A fool vents all his feelings, but a wise man holds them back. The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint, and whoever has understanding is even-tempered. Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues. If a wise man contends with a foolish man, the fool only rages or laughs, and there is no peace." (Proverbs 29:9,11; 17:27,28)
3. VP debate: Nuclear Iran worse than Mideast war - Ynet News
Vice presidential debate delves into Iranian issue: Democrat, Republican candidates agree Tehran's nuclear ambitions must be curbed but lock horns over effectiveness of sanctions, possible strike.
- Lord of Hosts, we thank You that Your ever-watchful eye is on this situation, and its effect on Your tiny land of Israel. Thank You for Your Covenant with Your people, and that whoever chooses to be an enemy to Israel, is Your enemy. We ask for wisdom for Prime Minister Netanyahu, and our President, as they consider their options in stopping Iran from going nuclear. We ask for Your divine intervention on behalf of Your people. In Yeshua's Name, we pray. Amen.
- " But this is what the Lord says: 'Yes, captives will be taken from warriors, and plunder retrieved from the fierce; I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save. I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh; they will be drunk on their own blood, as with wine. Then all mankind will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." (Isaiah 49:25,26)
4. Romney Asks Rev. Billy Graham to Pray for Him - AFP
US presidential hopeful Mitt Romney met with Reverend Billy Graham on Thursday and asked the world-renowned evangelist to pray for him in the final weeks of the campaign.
- Father, we thank You that Mr. Romney chose to visit Rev. Billy Graham, and asked for prayer. We thank You that he recognizes his own need for prayer and humbled himself before Your servant. We pray in agreement with Rev. Graham's prayers for Mr. Romney and his campaign in these final weeks. We ask for Your protection to be upon them, and all the candidates who are running for various offices. We ask for Your will to be done in the outcome of each race. Amen.
- "A man's pride will bring him low, but he who is of a humble spirit will obtain honor. He has performed mighty deeds with His arm; He has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble." (Proverbs 29:23; Luke 1:51,52)
5. Church leaders urge members of Congress to reconsider US aid to Israel - Times of Israel
Leaders of several major US Christian denominations -- including Protestants, Presbyterians, Baptists, Lutherans and Methodists -- have asked members of Congress to reconsider US aid to Israel in light of "widespread Israeli human rights violations."
- Abba, we are grieved to read that these denominations are choosing to contend with Israel, and thereby contend with You. We come against the lying spirits that say that You are through with Israel, and that the "church" has replaced her in Your heart and covenant. We thank You that You do keep covenant with Your people, and when You say, "forever", you mean forever. You are the eternal God. We do ask for mercy for these who are contending with Israel, and remove the veil of deception from their eyes. We ask for You to bring them understanding, so that they may live and not die, and declare Your Word to be true. In Yeshua's precious Name, Amen.
- "Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac and Israel, to whom you swore by your own self: 'I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and I will give your descendants all this land I promised them, and it will be their inheritance forever." (Exodus 32:13)
6. 'Holy Jihad' is the only way to deal with Israel, says Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood chief - The Times of Israel
"The time has come for the Islamic nation to unite around one man for the sake of Jerusalem and Palestine," Badie said. "The Jews have dominated the land, spread corruption on earth, spilled the blood of believers and in their actions profaned holy places, including their own."
- Adonai Elohim, You are the everlasting God, and Your Covenant with Your people and land is forever! We thank You for that. We pray for these Islamic nations to have a revelation of You, and Who You are, and of Your great love for them. Surely, these are the 'times that try men's souls'. We ask that in Your judgment, You would remember mercy. We thank You that our "times" and seasons are in Your Hands. We praise You, O Lord God of Israel. Amen.
- " I prayed to Adonai ; I said, 'Adonai Elohim! Don't destroy your people, your inheritance! You redeemed them through your greatness, you brought them out of Egypt with a strong hand! Remember your servants Avraham, Yitz'chak and Ya'akov!" (Deuteronomy 9:26,27)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you." (Isaiah 43:2)
1. 'Holy Jihad' is the only way to deal with Israel, says Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood chief - Times of Israel
Egypt's foremost Muslim Brotherhood official called on the Arab world Thursday to replace negotiations with Israel with "holy Jihad," claiming that if Jews are allowed to pray on the Temple Mount they will destroy the Al-Aqsa Mosque and supplant it with the third temple.
2. Israel to create tourist biometric database? - Ynet News
The Interior Ministry has suggested creating a biometric database for all foreigners entering Israel.
3. 'Post' poll: 'Center-Left mega-party' would beat PM - Jerusalem Post
A party led by former prime minister Ehud Olmert that would include former Kadima leader Tzipi Livni, current Kadima chairman Shaul Mofaz and Yesh Atid leader Yair Lapid would win the January 22, 2013 election, a Smith Research survey carried out exclusively for The Jerusalem Post revealed Thursday.
4. Netanyahu chooses January 22, 2013 as date for elections - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Thursday chose January 22, 2013 as the date for Israel's 19th general elections.
5. Iron Dome can handle Hamas's improvised multi-barrel rocket launchers, expert says - Times of Israel
Reports claiming that Hamas is using multi-barrel rocket launchers, and that they are triggered by cellphone timer, sparked concern in Israel earlier this week, when an upsurge in rocket fire hit the South. But a leading Israeli missile expert said Hamas does not have sophisticated multiple-launch capabilities, and that remote-control launchers are not new.
6. Hezbollah takes responsibility for downed drone, confirms it was manufactured by Iran - Times of Israel
The leader of the Lebanese terrorist group Hezbollah on Thursday claimed responsibility for launching a drone aircraft that was shot down over Israel earlier this week, saying the UAV had been assembled by Hezbollah men using parts provided by Iran. The rare admission by Hassan Nasrallah raises regional tensions at a sensitive time when the group's backers, Syria and Iran, are under pressure.
The Daily Jot
How the lies hurt
On October 10, Anderson Cooper of CNN conducted an interview of Pat Smith, whose son Sean was one of the Americans killed in the September 11 terrorist attack on the American Embassy in Benghazi, Libya. She said there was a reception held for the victims families. She told Cooper: "Obama told me. Hillary promised me. Joe Biden...He was a real sweetheart. But he also told -- they all told me that -- they promised me. And I told them please, tell me what happened. Just tell me what happened." She is still waiting to know as the White House is trying to get their stories straight on what they will tell the public. And she revealed a real character issue in how she has been treated.
Smith said, "...at first I was so proud because they were treating me so nice when I went to that reception. They all came up to me and talked to me and everything. I cried on Obama's shoulder. And he -- then he'd kind of looked off into the distance. So that was worthless to me. I want to know, for God's sakes. Or for Allah's sake or whoever's sake is there...I told them, please don't give me any baloney that comes through with this political stuff...just tell me the truth. I look at TV and I see bloody hand prints on walls, thinking, my God, is that my son's? I don't know if he was shot. I don't know...They haven't told me anything. They are still studying it. And the things that they are telling me are just outright lies."
Smith said that UN Ambassador Susan Rise, Leon Panetta, Clinton, and the president told her that the attack was the result of an anti-Islamic video. She said, "That Susan Rise, what -- she talked to me personally and she said, she said, this is the way it was. It was -- it was because of this film that came out...In fact all of them did. All of them did. Leon Panetta actually took my face in his hands like this and he said, trust me. I will tell you what happened. And so far, he's told me nothing. Nothing at all. And I want to know." This mother just wants to know the truth about how her son died in service to his country. All she is getting is stonewalled and lied to. They don't even keep her apprised of their findings.
She said, "That would at least acknowledge that I have a right to know something, something other than, we're checking up on it, or trust me. I like that one the best of all. Trust me. I will let you know. Well, I don't trust you anymore. I don't trust you anymore." The defining moment in this interview may have been when she said that she wanted to know what happened to her son for God's sake, or Allah's sake or for whoever's sake. It is an indication that she may believe our nation's leaders have no idea of their moral foundation. Isaiah 30:1 says, "Woe to the rebellious children, saith YHVH, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin upon sin."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
On the Campaign Trail
On the Campaign Trail:
25 Days Until Election Day
THE TOP 10 SENATE RACES TO WATCH
Indiana - Richard Mourdock's upset of Sen. Richard G. Lugar in the state's GOP Senate primary opened the door for Democrats in a state that is expected to go Republican at the presidential level. Rep. Joe Donnelly (D) has won in a tough House district before. If the GOP somehow finds a way to lose this one, it can likely say goodbye to its majority hopes.
Massachusetts - The country's most high-profile Senate race pits former Obama adviser Elizabeth Warren (D), a liberal hero, against Sen. Scott Brown (R), a popular senator with a moderate, everyman vibe. For a while, Brown's appeal seemed to be winning the day. But this is Massachusetts, and his party affiliation is a liability. Recent polls show Warren with a small edge.
Wisconsin - Former GOP governor Tommy Thompson's attempted political comeback was looking good until a few weeks ago. He survived a tough primary and was leading Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D) in early general election polls. But as Obama has risen in the polls here, so has Baldwin. Look for Republicans to focus on Baldwin's record as one of the most liberal members of Congress.
Nevada - Appointed Sen. Dean Heller (R) appears to be a slight favorite to retain the seat forfeited by disgraced former senator John Ensign (R), but it won't be easy. But Nevada is a swing state at the presidential level, and Democratic nominee Shelley Berkley is a favorite of Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D), who will do plenty to help her down the stretch.
Connecticut - Linda McMahon (R) is a different candidate from two years ago, when she lost an open-seat contest by double digits. Almost every recent poll shows a close race with Rep. Chris Murphy (D), despite Connecticut's Democratic tendencies. But for McMahon, whose wrestling empire has been tainted by scandal, the game is to build a personal brand separate from her wrestling identity. (Contributor: Aaron Blake for The Washington Post
- Ask our Heavenly Father to impart insight to all voters in this coming election. Pray that there will be increased understanding in what is at stake and risk by this election. Pray for righteous leadership to spring forth from these senatorial elections.
- "When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, But when a wicked man rules, people groan." (Proverbs 29:2)
(Source: Intercessors for America)
Election Prayer: Day Four
Election Prayer Point: Day Four
Pray for believers to be much more concerned about the glory of God's Name and spread of Christ's Kingdom than economic, political and social comforts.
(Matthew 5:10-12, 6:33; James 4:1-3)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
8th Anniversary of Bound4LIFE
We are thrilled to announce the 8th anniversary of Bound4LIFE with the Supreme Court's opening of session last week.
On October 4, 2004, just before that year's elections, Lou Engle and team of young intercessors arrived in Washington, DC with a vision to contend in prayer over the Judicial Branch of government and for righteousness and justice to be established. After receiving a divine strategy from heaven during a season of extended fasting for the ending of abortion, the company of prayer warriors took a bold public stand with red "Life Tape" over their mouths standing before the Supreme Court. It was a prophetic declaration in the earth but also a cry of intercession identifying with the silence of the pre-born.
This stand has been anything but silent, and it has continued to this very day. More than 140 local chapters of Bound4LIFE have been established around the nation as well as other nations. We rejoice that God is faithful and has given us grace for eight glorious years of partnering with Him in prayer for the ending of abortion. Please join with us in contending prayer for the shift to come to the courts and a culture of LIFE to be established.
Bound4LIFE Executive Director
>>> To learn more about Bound4Life, go here.
- Capitol Hill Prayer Partners rejoices with Bound4Life as they celebrate 8 years of service to the Lord at the Supreme Court, on behalf of LIFE. We honor the integrity of this work, and the tenacity and the strength of the countless young people who have stood for LIFE on the steps of the Court. God bless you!
- "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." (2 Chronicles 15:7 NLT)
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
Speak O Lord - Kristyn Getty
To receive the food of Your Holy Word.
Take Your truth, plant it deep in us;
Shape and fashion us in Your likeness,
That the light of Christ might be seen today
In our acts of love and our deeds of faith.
Speak, O Lord, and fulfill in us
All Your purposes for Your glory.