1. Please see "On the Campaign Trail" for a comprehensive listing of voter guides now available, free of charge, for all of us!
2. Israel under attack!! [see below]
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, October 24, 2012
"Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power . . ."
(Psalm 119:3 NAS)
Join us every night for ONE MINUTE OF PRAYER at 9:00 p.m. EDT (adjusted for your own time zone). Let's all cry out to God together for our nation! To learn more, go here.
Plan now to join our ELECTION DAY PRAYER WATCH, from 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 6 through 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 7.
During this 24-hour watch period, we are inviting the leaders of 24 ministries to direct our intercession over each hour, throughout election day and on into election night.
Mark your calendars now, and plan to join us, as you can, during this time of corporate prayer for our election and for our nation.
"Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power . . ."
(Psalm 119:3 NAS)
TO JOIN IN 24 HOURS OF PRAYER ON ELECTION DAY, PLEASE CALL:
Conference Number: 712-432-0075
Access Code: 1412452#
The Daily Brief
1. White House officials were advised of militant gangs two hours after Benghazi attack - UK Telegraph
Officials at the White House and State Department were advised two hours after attackers assaulted the US diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11 that an Islamic militant group had claimed credit for the attack, official emails show.
The records obtained by Reuters consist of three emails dispatched by the State Department's Operations Center to multiple government offices, including addresses at the White House, Pentagon, intelligence community and FBI, on the afternoon of Sept. 11. The emails, obtained by Reuters from government sources not connected with U.S. spy agencies or the State Department and who requested anonymity, specifically mention that the Libyan group called Ansar al-Sharia had asserted responsibility for the attacks.
Administration spokesmen, including White House spokesman Jay Carney, citing an unclassified assessment prepared by the CIA, maintained for days that the attacks likely were a spontaneous protest against an anti-Muslim film. While officials did mention the possible involvement of "extremists," they did not lay blame on any specific militant groups or possible links to al Qaeda or its affiliates until intelligence officials publicly alleged that on Sept. 28.
- Heavenly Father, thank You for clear exposure of the facts of what the White House knew, and when they knew it! These acts of war against our nation are now over a month old, and yet the complete truth or even the desire to protect America is not evident from this administration. May the balance of powers in our government intervene on behalf of our slain diplomats, and deal decisively with this terrible cover-up by President Obama, Hillary Clinton, Jay Carney, Susan Rice and others who complied! May America elect leaders who will respond to crises with wisdom, truthfulness and strength. We ask for a great intervention in Jihadist nations by the power of the Holy Spirit, to bring transformation in Jesus' name. Amen.
- " Be still and know that I am GOD; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46:10)
2. State GOP Files Complaint Against Obama Campaigners At CSU - CBS News
Colorado Republicans say Democrats wrongly offered Colorado State University students free pizza and T-shirts in exchange for voting.
"They were essentially offering students and passers-by T-shirts and campaign T-shirts with the impression, very clearly, that you had to go vote first, and if you voted, then they would give you free T-shirts and free pizza," (Colorado GOP Chairman Ryan) Call said.
- Lord we again ask Your mighty hand to bring exposure and intervention to every act of voter fraud across America! We specifically bind, in Jesus name, those that continue to attempt to gain votes fraudulently. Send Your holy angels to intervene and prevent them from accomplishing their goals. We pray that we will be ever vigilant to guard our deeply valued system of elections, and ask You to help us, in the power of Jesus' name!
- "Wealth gained by dishonesty will be diminished, but he who gathers by labor will increase." (Proverbs 13:12) "The wicked covet the catch of evil men, but the root of the righteous yields fruit." (Proverbs 12:12)
3. Court blocks Indiana from defunding Planned Parenthood - Washington Times
Indiana stepped between women and their physicians when it enacted a law that blocked Medicaid funds for Planned Parenthood just because the organization provides abortions, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.
- Lord we thank You for the efforts of Governor Mitch Daniels of Indiana, and others, who are working to defund this ungodly organization - whose very name declares its primary purpose of destroying life in the womb. We pray for the complete cessation of taxpayer dollars that fund Planned Parenthood, in Jesus name!
- " He who is often rebuked, and hardens his neck, will suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." (Proverbs 29:1)
4. Obama Touts Toughest Iran Sanctions in History, But Report Questions Their Effectiveness - CNS News
President Obama's assertion that Iran faces the toughest sanctions ever imposed is accurate -- even though the impetus for them came largely from Congress -- but a recent non-partisan report questioned their effectiveness in achieving their primary goal.
Describing the work required in setting up the sanctions as "painstaking," Obama said, "It's because we got everybody to agree that Iran is seeing so much pressure." Elsewhere in the debate he said that Iran faced "a united world."
A Congressional Research Service report released last week said, (the sanctions) have yet to prove effective. "There is a consensus that U.S. and U.N. sanctions have not, to date, accomplished their core strategic objective of compelling Iran to verifiably limit its nuclear development to purely peaceful purposes," the report concluded.
The notion that an isolated Iran faces a world united against its nuclear ambitions looked shaky last August when a grouping comprising some 60 percent of the world's sovereign nations, meeting in Tehran, expressed support for Iran's activities "in the field of peaceful use of nuclear technology" and rejected unilateral sanctions against Iran. Read more.
- Lord, so much time has passed without successful effective containment of Iran's nuclear program, that now the threat of terrible harm from Iran is very real. Only You will be able to bring Iran's destructive goals to a halt, so we ask You for divine intervention, and for leadership in the United States that has Your wisdom and strength to overcome this wicked regime. In Jesus' name we pray.
- " When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increases, but the righteous will see their fall. " (Proverbs 29:16)
5. Al Qaeda goes underground in Yemen against U.S.-driven crackdown - Reuters
A U.S.-backed military onslaught may have driven Islamist militants from towns in Yemen they seized last year, but many have regrouped into "sleeper cells" threatening anew the areas they vacated, security officials and analysts say.
The resilience of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), despite increased U.S. drone strikes to eliminate militants, is worrying for top oil exporter Saudi Arabia next door and the security of major shipping lanes in the seas off Yemen.
When a nationwide uprising against autocratic rule erupted last year,...militants charged into the major south Yemen towns of Zinjibar, Jaar and Shuqra and set up Islamic "emirates". To broaden their appeal, the militants renamed themselves Ansar al-Sharia (Partisans of Islamic Law), appointed spokesmen to deal with the media and put up signposts and flags.
Residents said the militants included Saudis, Pakistanis, Egyptians, Chechens and Somalis, hinting at the international scope of the jihadi threat to Saudi and Western interests.
- Heavenly Father, the world is rocking and reeling as we more closely approach the Day of Your coming. Clearly, safety is only to be found in You Sovereign Lord, and we ask divine protection over our families and over our nation. May America be pleasing in Your sight because we honor You above all. We ask You to extend Your hand to bring down our enemies from within and from without, in Jesus' name. Amen.
- "God is our refuge and our strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed." (Psalm 46:1,2) "The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved; He uttered His voice, the earth melted. The Lord of hosts is with us, the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah." (Psalm 46: 6,7)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto Your name give glory, for Your mercy, and for Your truth's sake. Why should the nations say, Where is their God? But our God is in the heavens. He has done whatever He has pleased." (Psalm 115:1-3)
1. Qatari ruler uses historic Gaza visit to call on Palestinian factions to unite - The Times of Israel
The emir of Qatar received a hero's welcome in Gaza on Tuesday, becoming the first head of state to visit the Palestinian territory since the Islamist Hamas seized control of the coastal strip five years ago. The Israeli Foreign Ministry condemned the visit, saying Qatar has chosen to support a terror organization.
2. 3 foreign workers injured by Gaza rocket fire, houses in Eshkol region suffer direct hits - Times of Israel
Three people were injured by rocket fire from Gaza on southern Israel, Wednesday morning. The men were hurt when a rocket landed on the chicken coop they were working in, in the Eshkol region. The three, reportedly foreign workers, were taken to hospital, two of them in critical condition.
3. Palestinians fire 50 rockets, mortars into Israel; 3 hurt - Jerusalem Post
Palestinians fired eight rockets and mortar shells into the Ashkelon Regional Council on Wednesday afternoon, the latest in a barrage of rockets raining down on southern Israel since Tuesday night.
The Iron Dome successfully intercepted a Grad rocket, the eight it has struck down since Tuesday night.
Palestinian terrorists fired 67 rockets and mortar shells into southern Israel since Wednesday morning, injuring five and sending local residents fleeing for cover.
The Daily Jot
White House knew Benghazi attack was terrorism within 121 minutes
At 4:05 pm on Tuesday, September 11, the Administration knew that the US Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi was under attack. At 4:54 pm, the Administration knew that the "firing" at the mission had stopped and the compound was cleared. At 6:07, 121 minutes after news of the attack, the White House knew that the al Qaeda-related Ansar al Sharia had claimed responsibility. This information is in emails from the State Department Operations Center obtained by CBS News that included the White House situation room, the FBI, the office of the Director of National Intelligence. There is no question that the attacks were planned terrorism rather than resulting from a demonstration sparked by an anti-Islam movie.
As early as September 14, three days after the Benghazi attack, international news sites were identifying the al Qaeda-linked group as the culprits in the raid. For example, France 24 reported ansar al sharia is "A fundamentalist group with links to Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), Ansar al-Sharia was formed during the 2011 Libyan revolution and rose to prominence after the death of Muammar Gaddafi. Made up of former rebels, or freedom fighters, the Salafist militia initially made their name by posting videos of themselves fighting Gaddafi loyalists in the Battle of Sirte." Yet with internal emails from its own State Department and international news reports, the president held to his story of movie-driven violence.
CBS reports that 14 hours after the attack, the president told 60 Minutes that his "suspicion is that there are folks involved in this who were looking to target Americans from the start." Yet he and his administration held to the account that a spontaneous protest over an anti-Islam film resulted in the violence at Benghazi. In his UN speech 14 days later, the president maintained "That is what we saw play out the last two weeks, as a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity."
In the second presidential debate, he told his challenger: "And the suggestion that anybody in my team, whether the Secretary of State, our UN Ambassador, anybody on my team would play politics or mislead when we've lost four of our own, governor, is offensive. That's not what we do. That's not what I do as president, that's not what I do as Commander in Chief." Unfortunately, the documentation and timeline of statements show otherwise. The American people were misled. Did the president want to cover up the fact that the same terrorists he helped take over Libya turned on him, or did he want to use the attack to curb religious free speech, or did he mislead Americans for another reason? Yeshua says in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
On the Campaign Trail
On the Campaign Trail:
13 Days Until Election Day
SEVERAL MINISTRIES RELEASE VOTERS' GUIDES
Just as we are exhorted by Scripture to "pray in the Spirit and with understanding" (1 Corinthians 14:15), so we must also vote "with understanding," too. A number of pro-life ministries and organizations are now providing excellent voter's guides so that we can, indeed, "vote with understanding."
And, to save all of us time, here is a link from Restore America, that cites the links to all the organizations, below so that you, too, can order and read (and distribute!) these guides.
Many blessings to all as you pursue the quality of excellence our Lord desires of us as we prepare to vote in this historic, nation-saving/rescuing election. [And thank you, Restore America!]
Voter Resources from Pro-Family Organizations -- All Listed Here!
Liberty Counsel Voter Guide
CitizenLink Voter voter Guide
FRC Action's Congressional Scorecard
American Family Association: Voter Resources
Christian Coalition: Voter Guides
Eagle Forum: Election Central
National Right to Life Committee: Voting Records
Pew Forum: Religion and Politics 08
- ". . . whatsoever ye do, work heartily, as unto the Lord, and not unto men." (Col. 3:23)
Obama's Military Budget
Obama Jockeys for Lead with Horse Jab
For the first time in a year and a half, Mitt Romney woke up this morning without a debate to prepare for. Last night's contest was his 22nd--and the Governor's final one, he hopes, until 2016. Like the previous two, Tuesday's head-to-head had plenty of defining moments--most of them punctuated by the President's biting sarcasm. The exchange that made the most news on Capitol Hill was Barack Obama's surprise assertion that the sequestration cuts, which gouge the military's budget by a half-trillion dollars, "will not happen."
That came as quite a surprise to Congress, which had been trying for more than a year to engage the White House on a deal to avoid the cuts. "First of all," the President insisted, "The sequester is not something that I proposed. It's something that Congress has proposed. It will not happen..." True, the President didn't propose the sequester--but his current chief of staff, Jacob Lew, did. At the time, Lew was head of the Office of Management and Budget, and it was his idea, Bob Woodward points out in his book, to throw the military under the bus.
But regardless of who's responsible, there is this little matter of legislative accountability. The President cannot simply declare an act of Congress moot (despite his repeated attempts.) Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) explained as much in his post-debate interview. "He's not a dictator yet," the President's previous challenger said. Rep. Buck McKeon (R-Calif.), who is intimately familiar with the issue as Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, was equally shocked. "It's a nice line, but for more than a year, the President hasn't lifted a finger to avert the crisis... Jobs have already been lost. The President and his party in the Senate have failed to offer even a single real solution that could resolve sequestration. If the President is determined that these cuts won't happen, why has he drug it out so long?" Then, suddenly, "will not happen" became "should not happen." Before the candidates had even walked off stage, Team Obama was already "walking back" his promise. Campaign insiders like David Axelrod and David Plouffe were out front, insisting, "Everyone in Washington agrees, the sequester should not happen."
As much attention as the sequestration received, the President's taunt about the military overshadowed it. In response to criticism that the President is weakening our Navy, Obama mocked, " I think Governor Romney maybe hasn't spent enough time looking at how our military works. You mentioned the Navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets--because the nature of our military's changed." Twitter immediately lit up with responses from Marines who explained how the military does use horses and bayonets. In fact, the Daily Caller won an award earlier this year for a report about the soldiers who "riding on horseback--were the first U.S. forces to fight in Afghanistan after the 9/11 terror attacks." As for bayonets, President Obama is welcome to check out mine from my days in the Corps. It looks a little like this one, featured on the Marines' official weaponry page. (Family Research Council)
The Madison Project: The Last Debate
The Madison Project: The Last Debate
That last Presidential debate was Monday night. While the topic was foreign policy, it seemed neither President Obama or Mitt Romney wanted to spend much time on the subject. If I were to score the debate on pure points, President Obama won. Not the way that Romney won the first debate, but a win for him none the less.
And oddly enough, no one cared. I spent all night on Twitter watching reporters and columnists tweet out how bored they were and "We're missing the 7th game of the NLCS for this?!"
Perhaps most damning was the take of MSNBC's Chuck Todd, who spends much of his time as an Obama cheerleader. First was his tweet during the debate: "POTUS is consistently trying to draw Romney into a more contentious debate. It's what challengers do who think they are behind."
Then there was this on Morning Joe yesterday from Todd: "You look at the president's closing statement last night. I think they now realize that they don't have - two weeks is not enough time to have the conversation with voters that they want to have. He missed his opportunity. He blew it in that first debate. If they lose this election, tactically, the biggest mistake will be the president's performance in that first debate because it gave him the room to do that." (MSNBC's, "Morning Joe," 10/23/12).
Perhaps the biggest news yesterday was the Reuter's story that proved what many of us have thought all along-the Obama Administration was well aware of the facts on the ground in Libya and attempted to mislead the American people for two weeks. . . We'll see how the media handles this story over the next 24 to 48 hours.
As we hit the last two weeks of this election, it is clear that Mitt Romney is leading. Even the ABC News/Washington Post poll that has consistently oversampled Democrats (+9 in the last poll) has Romney up this morning by one point. However, this election will not be over until the polls close on Tuesday, November 6th. It will be won or lost on the ground, not the airwaves.
On to victory.
The Madison Project
Israel under attack!!
Israel under attack: 80+ rockets fired from Gaza
By Joel C. Rosenberg
Washington, D.C., October 24, 2012) -- Terrorists in Gaza have escalated their war against Israel. Just on Wednesday, more than 80 rockets, missiles and mortars have been fired from Gaza at civilian population centers in southern Israel. Israeli schools in the south have all been closed. Residents are being told to stay in or near their bomb shelters.
Please pray and please mobilize your friends to pray for Israel, that Israel will turn to the Lord for protection and His rescue.
Let us remember the prayer of the Israelite King Jehoshaphat. "O Lord, the God of our fathers, are You not God in the heavens? And are You not ruler over all the kingdom of the nations? Power and might are in Your hand so that no one can stand against You. Did You not, O our God, drive out the inhabitants of this land before Your people Israel and give it to the descendants of Abraham, Your friend forever? . . . Should evil come upon us, the sword, or judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we will stand before this house and before You (for Your name is in this house) and cry to You in our distress, and You will hear and deliver us . . . O our God, will You not judge them [our enemies]? For we are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on You." (2 Chronicles 20:6-12)
"Then in the midst of the assembly the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel . . . and he said, 'Listen, all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: thus says the Lord to you, "Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God's . . . You need not fight this battle; station yourselves, stand and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem." Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out to face them, for the Lord is with you.' Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell down before the Lord, worshipping the Lord." (2 Chron. 20:14-18)
- Please pray for peace and security to be reestablished, by God's grace and mercy.
- Please pray for the Lord to give Israeli leaders wisdom to know how best to handle the situation.
- Please pray for the Lord to be gracious to innocent Palestinians living in Gaza to be safe from IDF efforts to stop the terrorists, as well as from the terrorists themselves.
- Please pray for God to bring those responsible for this terror to justice.
- Please pray for the believers in the epicenter to be able to love their neighbors, comfort and encourage them, and provide practical assistance, including humanitarian relief.
- Please also pray for The Joshua Fund team to have wisdom to know how best to help.
Election Prayer: Day Eleven
Election Prayer Point: Day Eleven
Pray for a mighty resurgence of Americans who will honor God and stand boldly for biblical truths and principles upon which we were founded.
(Psalm 11:3, 33:12)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
The way to take a community for Christ . . . is to take a community for Christ!!
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
Walk in The Promise
(feat. Jeremy Riddle) - Bethel Music
Here we are waiting for this house to be shaken
For the boldness to carry Your name to the nations
Your signs and Your wonders to go now before us
For the weight of Your glory to rest as we lift You up