"And great earthquakes shall be in different places, and famines and plagues. And there shall be terrors and great signs from Heaven."(Luke 21:11)
1. Blood Red Moon Visible Across the U.S. - ABC News
The Earth's shadow crept across the moon's surface early Tuesday, slowly eclipsing it and turning it shades of orange and red. The total lunar eclipse, the second this year, was visible in North and South America, especially in the West.
Editor's Note: The last total eclipse 'blood-red moon' occurred seven years ago on July 16, 2000, during the Middle East Peace Summit at Camp David with Clinton, Barak and Arafat. (Worthy News)
· "The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord." (Joel 2:31)
2. 2000-Year-Old Meteors to Rain Down on September 1, 2007 - SPACE.com
The meteors that are about to rain down in the early morning of September 1 date from around 4 A.D., the latest calculations show. It is not often that we can tell when a shooting star was first released from a comet into space . . . Only in recent years have we learned to trace young meteor showers, just a few revolutions old, to their date of origin. The oldest such shower, but only one revolution old, is due in the early morning of September 1, 2007. Our calculations indicate Earth is about to cross the dust trail of comet Kiess, a comet that takes some 2000 years to complete one orbit around the Sun.
· It is AWESOME to realize that this "sign in the heavns" last occurred in the time of Christ Jesus, our Lord! God is trumpeting now to His people: "Get ready!! I AM coming soon!!" It is time to be praying "laser-like" prayers as we see His Kingdom come in our time. Amen!
· "And great earthquakes shall be in different places, and famines and plagues. And there shall be terrors and great signs from Heaven."(Luke 21:11)
3. Greek Fires Reach Site of Ancient Olympics - CBN News
Firefighters backed by aircraft dropped water and foam on the birthplace of the ancient Olympics Sunday to stop wildfires from burning the 2,800-year-old ruins, one of the most revered sites of antiquity.
Editor's Note: Last night, NBC News reported that almost HALF of Greece was now on fire!
· First of all, we ask our Lord to show His mercy upon the people of Greece at that time, that lives be spared and that those who are fighting these fires be strengthened and equipped to do so effectively.
· Second, we recall that the teachings and philosophy of ancient Greece have been the taproot of secular humanism in the modern age. Homosexuality was also freely practiced in ancient Greece, as well. In the midst of judgment, may God yet remember MERCY.
· "Then the Lord rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the Lord out of the heavens" (Genesis 19:24) "Turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly." (II Peter 2:6)
"O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy." (Habakkuk 3:2)
4. Dean Leaves Mexico Relatively Unscathed - - chicagotribune.com
..Sand bags sit below a levy in Ecatepec, Mexico, Thursday, Aug. 23, 2007, after a drainage canal overflowed. Rain water from Hurricane Dean helped push the waters of a major Mexico City sewage canal into an adjacent neighborhood, as the storm passed nearby. (AP Photo/Gregory Bull)
It drove terror deep into Mexico, smashing ashore as the third most powerful Atlantic hurricane ever to hit land. But the furious beast proved relatively toothless, thanks to large-scale preparations -- and a lot of luck. Dean missed all major cities, tearing through areas of tiny villages, farmland and forest. It didn't linger like more damaging storms, and by the time it hit key oil platforms and ports, Dean had weakened.
· What man calls "luck" is in reality the divine intervention of a merciful God, who hears and answers the prayers of His saints. Offer PRAISE that this storm did so little damage, and ask our Lord to comfort the families of the eight who lost their lives to Hurricane Dean. Stand in repentance that the world, in its stubbornness, continues to refuse to give GOD the Glory, when He so clearly moves on our behalf!
· "Even the wind and the waves obey Him!" (Matthew 8:27)