"All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal." (Psalm 119:160)
1. Flossie Downgraded to Tropical Storm - AP-
Texas on Alert as Tropical Depression Forms in Gulf
Flossie was downgraded from a hurricane to a tropical storm hours after sideswiping Hawaii's Big Island, turning its seas into roiling giant surf. Flossie had delivered 30 minutes of steady rain to the small town of Naalehu on Tuesday night, but there was little significant wind. Meanwhile, a tropical storm watch was issued Tuesday night for the Texas coast as a tropical depression formed in the Gulf of Mexico. And in the open Atlantic, Tropical Storm Dean formed east of the Lesser Antilles. ·
Offer praise that Flossie turned and only skirted Hawaii, rather than impact it as had been predicted. This is a direct answer to prayer! And now, with more alertts coming out of the Texas Coast, and the Atlantic Ocean, continue in prayer that these storms, too, would dissipate and become as nothing. · ". . . even the wind and the waves obey Him." (Matthew 8:27)
2. Giuliani Warns on PLO State - NY Sun
An Arabic Public School
Read the Sun’s coverage of plans to open an Arabic-language public school in Brooklyn.
In a sweeping repudiation of the conventional wisdom that America's war on terrorism must address Palestinian Arab national grievances, the leading Republican contender for the presidency is warning of the dangers of pressing too soon for Palestinian statehood and is asserting that Israeli security is a "permanent feature of our foreign policy." In some of the boldest language on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict used thus far by any presidential candidate, Mr. Giuliani writes: "Palestinian statehood will have to be earned through sustained good governance, a clear commitment to fighting terrorism, and a willingness to live in peace with Israel."
· Pray that all other candidates who are now running for President in Election 2008 would make equally clear statements vis a vis their own positions on the creation of a Palestinian State as well as their own support for Israel. But pray, too, that the voters would examine the full spectrum of each candidate's positions, on all the issues. (Giuliani, for example, supports a "woman's right to choose" an abortion.) · "Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own and move no more; nor shall the sons of wickedness oppress them anymore, as previously."
· "Let them shout for joy and be glad, who favor my righteous cause; and let them say continually, 'Let the Lord be magnified, who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.' " (2 Samuel 7: 10 and Psalm 35: 27 NKJV)
3. Iranian Unit to Be Labeled 'Terrorist' - Washington Post
The United States has decided to designate Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps, the country's 125,000- strong elite military branch, as a "specially designated global terrorist," according to U.S. officials, a move that allows Washington to target the group's business operations and finances.
· We thank You, Lord, that our nation is rethinking its "political correctness," and is identifying and targeting true terrorist organizations. We ask and pray that You will continue to prompt and guide our nation's leadership, military and media to reveal and help destroy terrorism in whatever guise it takes. May America look to You for its help!
· "You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you look, and see the reward of the wicked. Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place." (Psalm 91: 5, 7-9 NKJV)
4. Iraq Military: 175 Killed in Four Iraq Homicide Bombings - Fox News
The Iraqi military said four homicide bombers hit Kurdish Yazidi communities in northwest Iraq with nearly simultaneous attacks on Tuesday, killing at least 175 people and wounding 200 others. However, these numbers could not be confirmed by American officials.
· Tragedy is not allowed in Your Kingdom. Please stop these senseless killings here on earth, Lord. If the hearts of these murderers will not change against their fellow Iraqis as well as Israel and America; we ask that You Lord, will stop them as You pitted the peoples of Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir against each other. May all of us remember to praise You as You send us into battle! And as we praise You, we trust that the strongholds that are holding these souls captive WILL be destroyed! · "Now when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated. For the people of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of Mount Seir to utterly kill and destroy them. And when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, they helped to destroy one another." (2 Chronicles 20: 22-23 NKJV)
5. China won't allow U.S. to check out fighter jet - Washington Times
China"s military recently turned down a request by the United States to see the new Chinese J-10 fighter but allowed visits to two operational fighter bases, the commander of Pacific Air Forces said yesterday.
· Although our nation may not see this fighter, may You, Oh Lord, reveal it's innermost workings to our military's eyes and protect us from any unforeseen attacks! May China experience Your Revival as it enters 2008 and hosts the Olympic games beginning on 08/08/08! May her pride be vanquished! · "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." (2 Corinthians 4: 17-18 NKJV)
6. South Koreans Ask for Prayer for Hostages - CBN News; Intercessors for America
South Korean Christians are asking Americans to pray for the release of the remaining Korean hostages in Afghanistan. Yesterday, two weeping women were released to the Red Cross. The two women were said to be ill to the point where their lives were in danger. The two Korean women are the first hostages to be released since the Taliban abducted the group of 23 South Korean Christian volunteers on July 19. The Taliban has killed two male hostages since the abduction.
Korean officials and Taliban leaders have held face-to- face talks on the release of the hostages for four days. The rebels are still demanding a prisoner-hostage exchange for the remaining 19 Koreans. Both Kabul and Washington, however, have remained adamant about not giving into terrorism and stated that the release of Taliban prisoners is not an option.
· Heavenly Father, we thank You that You know all of our appointed days. We also know that You have planned all the ministries that You have for us to do while here on earth. Lord, we believe that these dear missionaries were led by You to offer their lives to help spread Your Good News, the Gospel; to those living apart from You in Afghanistan. Because of this, we can humbly ask You to deliver these 19 precious souls out of danger for Your Glory! We also ask that somehow, through Your Holy Spirit, You will give the captors a way to soften their hearts and release these saints without any more bloodshed or sorrow! May they be saved for Christ Jesus' sake!
· "Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life." (Isaiah 43:4)