"All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal." (Psalm 119:160)
1. Mine Tragedy Deepens - AP
The search for six miners missing deep underground was abruptly halted after a second cave-in killed three rescue workers and injured at least six others who were trying to tunnel through rubble to reach them. "The seismic activity underground has just been relentless. The mountain is still alive, the mountain is still moving and we cannot endanger the rescue workers as we drive toward these trapped miners," said Bob Murray, chief of Murray Energy Corp., the co-owner and operator of the Crandall Canyon mine.
· Lord please give wisdom to these authorities to make sound decisions over rescue teams. We ask for Your Holy Spirit to bring comfort and healing to these families and friends.
· "For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of His mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: He is a buckler to them that walk uprightly." (Proverbs 2: 6-7)
2. Hurricane Dean Bears Down On Caribbean - AP
Hurricane Dean tore through the eastern Caribbean islands of St. Lucia and Martinique on Friday, terrifying residents with powerful winds that shook homes, downed trees and knocked out power. The Category 2 hurricane was expected to intensify as it enters the warm waters of the Caribbean - heading toward Jamaica. It was too early to tell whether the storm would eventually strike the United States, but officials were gearing up for the possibility of the season's most severe storm yet. "It's so far out, but it's not too early to start preparing," said Katherine Cesinger, a spokeswoman for Texas Governor Rick Perry.
· Lord, You are in command of the wind and waves. We join in unity to pray for mercy asking You to dissipate Hurricane Dean.
·"For He commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof. Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and He bringeth them out of their distresses. He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still." (Psalm 107: 25,28-29)
3. Exclusive: U.S. Studying Two Dozen 'Clusters' Of Possible Homegrown Terrorists - ABC News
U.S. law enforcement officials say they have identified more than two dozen "clusters" of young Muslim men in the northeast United States who are on a path that could lead to homegrown terror, ABC News has learned.
· We thank you, Lord, for exposing these clusters of evil intent. Our hope is forever in You. We ask for Your light to continually shine over the workers of destruction that all their plans be revealed.
· "Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in Thy word. Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God. Uphold me according unto Thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope." (Psalm 119: 114-116)
4. Video Of Beheading Used To Threaten Christians - World Net Daily
An international ministry, Open Doors USA, that reaches out to Christians in Iraq is confirming the pressure from Muslims on Christians to abandon their faith or their homes is rising, with videos of actual beheadings used to threaten believers.
· Lord, we pray strength for these believers. Please increase Your Holy Spirit's activity over that region. Bring about deliverance as they seek to worship You!
· "Consider mine afflictions, and deliver me: for I do not forget Thy law. Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to Thy word. Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from Thy testimonies." (Psalm 119: 153-154,157)
5. Row Erupts In India Over Nuclear Agreement - CNSNews.com
Just three weeks after the U.S. and Indian governments announced that months of negotiations on a historic nuclear energy cooperation agreement had resulted in a deal, a raging debate has erupted in India over its right to carry out future nuclear weapons tests.
· Lord, we pray for the deal that has been made to stand. We ask for this opposition and anger to be ineffective.
· "Hearken unto Me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is My law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings." (Isaiah 51:7)