9/11: A Day to Remember . . .
A Time to Repent
"Consecrate a fast, Call a sacred assembly; Gather the elders And all the inhabitants of the land Into the house of the LORD your God, And cry out to the LORD." (Joel 1:15)
(See three articles, below.)
To read the Covenant of Obedience,
to be read all across the nation on 9/11,
please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up,
just as in fact you are doing." (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
Tomorrow: WEEKLY NATIONAL SECURITY CONFERENCE CALL
2 Chronicles 20: Principles of Praying for a Nation in Crisis
Call: 712-432-0075 Code: 4961322# Mute: *6
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. EDT
Call Host: Dai Sup Han, Founder, PrayerSurgeNow
Call: 712-432-0075 Code: 4961322# Mute: *6
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. EDT
Call Host: Dai Sup Han, Founder, PrayerSurgeNow
Focus on "the Crash"
Focus on "the Crash"
"I know that My redeemer lives . . ." (Job 19:25)
1. Wall Street Slammed Amid Global-Growth Fears - Fox News
U.S. equity markets capped a tumultuous trading day solidly in negative territory after shedding about $812 billion in market value. The Dow saw its biggest-ever intraday point drop on Monday at the opening bell as it plunged 1,089 points. By the close of trade, all three major U.S. averages were in correction territory, though well off session lows. Peter Kenny, chief market strategist at Clearpool Group, called the action in global markets dramatic and gut wrenching. "China is definitely the No. 1 cause for concern globally and Europe is not far behind," Kenny said. "The speed at which this market has moved sharply lower is an indication panic is driving all investment decisions. If you haven't positioned yourself for volatility and seasonal weakness, you're behind the 8 ball." (Read more)
- Father, we know that China is more of a catalyst than a culprit, and that many actions of our own are also coming home to roost. Raise up many to come alongside those who are losing money to let them know that it is more fearful to lose your soul than to lose money.
- "The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works." (Psalm 104:31)
2. Asian stocks crash to multi-month lows; Shanghai slides 8.5% - CNBC.com
Asian investors made a stampede for the exit on Monday, with stock markets crashing to multi-year lows, as fears surrounding the health of China's economy multiplied.
"It is a key moment for China, with the equity market in free fall, the banking system increasingly starved of liquidity, rising capital outflows, and a rapidly slowing economy," IG's market analyst Angus Nicholson wrote in a note. "The [7 percent growth] target is now looking overly ambitious and the most sensible way forward would seemingly involve further currency devaluation, further reserve requirement ratio (RRR) cuts and [elevated] fiscal stimulus," the Melbourne-based analyst added. (Read more)
- Father, it is indeed a key moment for China, and insofar as there are those who would never waste a crisis, Father, we ask that you would raise up your people in China to effectively move China close to You and to freedom. Father, may the Chinese economy be founded on truth, Your truth.
- "When money failed in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came unto Joseph, and said, Give us bread: for why should we die in thy presence? for the money faileth." (Genesis 47:15)
3. World markets plunge as China stocks crash - CNN Business
World stocks and oil prices plunged Monday as a global selloff accelerated on fears about the health of China's huge economy. China stocks crashed and all Asian markets suffered major losses. Europe's markets fell by about 5% and Wall Street was crushed at the open. (Read more)
- Father, we can see that great fear is rising around the world. Misperceptions are being corrected, uncertainty remains, and You are still our God. Father, we ask that misperceptions would not be replaced with more misperceptions, but with Truth, and that this would be a time for men and nations to build anew on trusting in You.
- "Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear." (1 Peter 3:15)
4. Global Stocks Have Lost $5 Trillion Since China's Yuan Devaluation (8/11) and Iran deal by P5+1 (7/14) - IBTimes
The dramatic fall in global stocks Monday that rattled investor concerns is only the latest development in the financial turmoil that has been brewing since China abruptly devalued its currency, the yuan, just two weeks ago. More than $5 trillion has been wiped from global stocks since the Aug. 11 move, underscoring the strong reaction that has ensued from China's economic slowdown. The massive selloffs have triggered fears that China's economic troubles are worse than they initially appeared.
Asian and European stocks slid drastically Monday, and Wall Street was expected to follow suit just a few days after the Dow Jones index slid by 530 points following a severe sell-off. European stocks have already suffered losses of 400 billion euros for the continent's 300 largest companies, Reuters reported.
Chinese stocks fell by 8.5 percent in Monday's sell-off in what has been dubbed "Black Monday" for the world's second-largest economy. It was the largest fall in China's stock market since the 2007-09 financial crisis. (Read more)
- Father, if there were ever an example of what nuclear fallout could look like in the financial markets, this would appear to be it. Father, insofar as this would serve as a warning to nations about the Iran deal, may leaders recognize this, and heed Your Word.
- "The Spirit of the LORD came upon Gideon, and he blew a trumpet; and Abiezer was gathered after him." (Judges 6:34)
5. Blood Moons and Shemittah Collide in Today's Stock Market Crash - Breaking Israel News
The Internet is on fire with stories about the rocking of the world economy. With global markets in a financial meltdown, the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped more than 1,000 points at the opening bell Monday. Feeling the effects of the crisis, Israeli investors are bracing for their own losses as the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange saw its worst earnings in four years over the weekend.
China's devaluation of its currency, the yuan, has signaled to international investors that the country is no more a financial powerhouse. In a global economy, however, all these events are, of course, connected.
Taken together, four recent and upcoming events make a compelling case for imminent and dramatic messianic advancement. The four events are the end of the Shmittah year on September 13, the shaking of the world economies last week, numerical hints that abound in Bible Codes and the final Blood Moon of the current tetrad on September 23. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that Your Word is truth, and that we have been warned by the study of Scripture that this time would come. We ask for Your redemptive purpose to begin to come forth for all who may be suffering, or who will suffer, in this hour. May their hearts be turned unto You, dear Lord, in this time of need, and may each one come to know You as their personal Savior, Lord and Messiah. We ask this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)
6. Tel Aviv Exchange Battered as Global Stocks Take Historic Plummet - Breaking Israel News
As stocks in Asia continue to plummet, Israeli investors are bracing for heavy losses Monday after Tel Aviv's stock index dropped more than four percent over the weekend.
Financial daily Globes reported that the Bank of Israel, attempting to offset heavy losses, will announce new interest rates Monday afternoon. Israel's central bank may set the rate at an all-time low to help boost economic growth. Currently, the interest rate in Israel is set at 0.1 percent, the lowest it has ever been. (Read more)
- "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender." (Prov. 22:7)
7. Pat Robertson: Stock Market Plunge Is God Punishing America For PP - Newsmax
Televangelist Pat Robertson said Monday the stock market fluctuations that resulted in a 588-point drop were God's punishment for the United States government funding abortion provider Planned Parenthood.
"That organization is an absolute monstrosity. To take your money and my money, which the government extorts from us every year in the form of taxation, is nothing short of tyranny," said Robertson, the host of The 700 Club.
"You know that business about taxation without representation? We're getting taxed, and the left is saying, 'We're going to give it to an organization that is repugnant to most Americans.' And the president . . . he said in a previous negotiation about sequester, 'You take this money away, I will shut the government down.' Now that's how strong he feels about funding the murder of unborn babies." (Read more)
- Lord God, we continue to repent before Your Throne of Grace for having funded an agency that promotes and works to bring about the shedding of innocent blood. And Lord, now we also see that this same agency is involved in the sale of human body parts -- a practice as horrific as that which was seen in Nazi Germany. Lord God, we do ask for Your mercy to yet rest upon us, for the sake of Your holy remnant we pray, amen and amen.
- "So the common man will be humbled and the man of importance abased, the eyes of the proud also will be abased. But the Lord of hosts will be exalted in judgment, And the holy God will show Himself holy in righteousness." ( Is. 5:15,16)
9. Breaking: U.S. stock-market rally sputters - Market Watch
Tuesday's rally on Wall Street, which followed a brutal selloff during the previous session, was running out of steam, with the main indexes paring half of the opening gains.
Equity buyers, who stepped in after China's central bank cut interest rates on Tuesday, appeared less convinced by the afternoon session.
"While stocks are up 2%, that is less than where futures were trading, so today's bounce feels frail and unconvincing," said Michael Antonelli, equity sales trader at R.W Baird & Co. (Read more)
- Lord God, as the nations continue to see their markets fluctuate now, back and forth, we set our eyes upon Thee and Thee only . . the Author and the Finisher of our faith. In You only, dear Lord, will we find solid ground to stand upon in the days ahead. Thank You, Lord, in the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen and amen.
- "Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn't obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash." (Matthew 7:24)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Abbas quits PLO leadership ahead of internal election - Times of Israel
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas resigned Saturday as head of the Palestine Liberation Organization's Executive Committee in a bid to force new elections for the top body, an official said.
Wassel Abu Yussef said that more than half of the 18-member committee had also stepped down.
According to Channel 2, 11 of the 18 members of the executive committee, including Abbas himself, voted in favor of the resignation, which will subsequently warrant new elections. Abbas is believed to be seeking these elections in order to allow for more of his supporters to become members of the PLO's Executive Committee, Channel 2 reported.
"The resignation of the president of the executive committee Mahmoud Abbas and more than half of its members has created a legal vacuum, and therefore the Palestine National Council has been asked to meet in one month to elect a new executive committee," Yussef told AFP.
2. Gaza hospitals face imminent shutdown - Times of Israel
Several main Gaza hospitals face the prospect of an immediate shutdown due to an energy crisis that has lasted for months, the Gaza Health Ministry said Monday.
"Shifa Hospital, Kamal Adwan hospital, the European Gaza Hospital, and Rantisi Hospital could stop offering services because they are about to run out of fuel," said Ashraf al-Qidra, spokesperson for the ministry. "The current situation is the worst since the Ministry of Health was created in the Gaza Strip," he added.
The Gaza Strip receives energy from Egypt and Israel, in addition to one local power plant, but due to power shortages, hospitals are forced to rely on private generators. Recent months have seen a crisis which is now coming to a head, the Palestinian Ma'an news agency reported.
3. Palestinian official warns of ISIS takeover if peace process not advanced - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is the key to peace with the Palestinians, a Palestinian leadership delegation that met with Deputy Regional Cooperation Minister Ayoub Kara on Monday said.
The delegation said that Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas are the only leaders, and the last leaders, that will be able to sign an Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement.
4. Assad: First we'll deal with the rebels, then Israel - Times of Israel
Syrian President Bashar Assad on Monday said he would deal with Israel by combating Syrian rebels, whom he termed the Jewish state's "emissaries," in remarks that indicated he would not retaliate for airstrikes last week on Syrian territory.
Four rockets were fired on Israel's Golan Heights and Upper Galilee on Thursday, prompting the largest Israeli assault on Syrian territory in decades. Holding the Syrian government responsible for the rocket attacks, Israel fired artillery shells and launched airstrikes against Assad's forces, hitting 14 military posts in the Syrian Golan Heights.
On Friday, Israel said it carried out a new raid in Syria, targeting and killing members of the cell responsible for the rocket fire. Syrian state television said six people were killed and seven wounded in the strike on a vehicle some 10 kilometers from the Syrian-Israeli border.
5. Erdogan calls snap elections after missing coalition deadline - Times of Israel
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday called snap polls after his ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) failed to form a coalition government with the opposition.
"In line with the constitution the Turkish parliament will undergo renewed elections," the presidency said in a statement, without giving a date for the polls.
Erdogan had been widely expected to call elections for November 1 after meeting with parliament speaker Ismet Yilmaz at his presidential palace to make the arrangements Monday, a day after the deadline for forming a new government expired.
6. Worldwide travel warnings for the holiday season - Jerusalem Online
Ahead of the fall holidays in which many Israelis travel abroad, the National Security Council Counter-Terrorism Bureau has released the updated list of travel warnings, detailing the severity of the warning in each country or region, and the bureau's recommendation with regards to each warning.
In total there are 41 travel warnings, 27 of them are for countries, 8 warnings to certain regions and 6 countries which Israelis are not allowed to enter by law. According to the National Security Council Counter-Terrorism Bureau, the dates between Sept. 13th and Oct. 5th are especially sensitive and may be used by terror elements to carry out terror attacks against Israel targets.
7. Israel 'very interested' in strengthening relations with Kurds - Jerusalem Post
News published in the Financial Times on Sunday that Israel imports most of its oil from Iraq's Kurdish areas came as no shock to those following the secretive Israel-Kurd relationship.
"The news is not so surprising, as it has been going on for some time," Prof. Ofra Bengio, editor of the book Kurdish Awakening: Nation-Building in a Fragmented Homeland, told The Jerusalem Post on Monday.
"The Kurds do not want problems with Baghdad or Tehran, so they prefer to stay quiet about it and not upset anybody," said Bengio, a senior research fellow at the Moshe Dayan Center for Middle Eastern and African Studies at Tel Aviv University.
It is a "wise idea to do it this way for now," she added, saying the Kurds preferred to get aid from Israel through a third party.
The Daily Brief
1. Stock up on canned food for stock market crash, warns former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown adviser - Telegraph-UK
A former adviser to Gordon Brown has urged people to stock up on canned goods and bottled water as stock markets around the world slide. Damian McBride appeared to suggest that the stock market dip could lead to civil disorder or other situations where it would be unreasonable for someone to leave the house.
"Advice on the looming crash, No.1: get hard cash in a safe place now; don't assume banks & cashpoints will be open, or bank cards will work," he tweeted.
"Crash advice No.2: do you have enough bottled water, tinned goods & other essentials at home to live a month indoors? If not, get shopping.
"Crash advice No.3: agree a rally point with your loved ones in case transport and communication gets cut off; somewhere you can all head to." (Read more)
- Father, we thank you that this former adviser to England's Prime Minister is now warning his people not only to be prepared for the difficult times ahead, but how to do so. We thank you for this practical advice, and we ask that our own governmental leaders would take similar action to warn our own people of the days ahead. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen and amen.
- "The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty." (Proverbs 27:12)
2. North Korea, South Korea reach agreement - CNN
North Korea and South Korea have reached an agreement to de-escalate tensions on the Korean Peninsula, South Korea's national security chief, Kim Kwan-jin, announced Monday. South Korea will get the apology it demanded over recent military escalation by the North, and the South will stop broadcasting propaganda that infuriated the North.
North Korea says it "regrets" that South Korean soldiers were injured by landmines and lifts its "semi-state of war" under an agreement by the two countries, the Yonhap News Agency reported. South Korea will stop its propaganda broadcasts over the border on Tuesday, Kim said. (Read more)
- Father, we are aware of recent prayer initiatives that have taken place near the DMZ, so that "both Koreas" might have an opportunity to enter into repentance, forgiveness and restoration. This report seems to show us that these actions are bearing fruit in this critical part of the world. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)
3. France awards 3 lifelong American friends, Briton for stopping train attack - CNN
They grew up together, fought off an attacker together and accepted a nation's honor together.
Three days after they pounced on and subdued a gunman Friday aboard a packed train headed to Paris, American childhood friends Anthony Sadler, Spencer Stone and Alek Skarlatos received the Legion of Honor -- France's highest recognition.
Later Monday, the identity of a new hero was revealed. Mark Moogalian, a French-American who describes himself on his website as an author, teacher and musician, was shot in the neck when he encountered the gunman before the Americans and tried to wrestle a rifle from him, his wife, Isabelle Risacher, told France's Europe 1 radio. Moogalian remains hospitalized in stable condition. (Read more)
- Oh, hallelujah, Lord, for these brave men who were alert and trained and therefore able to stop this potential massacre. Thank you for their courage in taking on this dangerous person even though they were on vacation themselves. Bless you for the prestigious award given them by the French President. We pray our President will honor them likewise. Lord, we pray for more and more people all over the world to rise up against tyranny when it tries to bring destruction.
- "Blessed be the Lord my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle." (Psalms 144:1)
4. Washington state's wildfires rage beyond 600,000 acres - Los Angeles Times
Dozens of wildfires continued to ravage the Pacific Northwest, particularly Washington state, as more firefighting equipment and manpower arrived from across the nation over the weekend. Twelve uncontained fires in Washington covered more than 600,000 acres Sunday, according to the National Interagency Fire Center. Gov. Jay Inslee's office said more than 200 homes had been destroyed and 12,000 homes remained threatened.
More resources to battle the blazes became available after the Obama administration declared a federal state of emergency in the area last week.
National Guard Blackhawk helicopters from Colorado, Minnesota and Wyoming headed over, Inslee's office said in a statement. An incident management team from San Diego went north to oversee a new staging area at Fairchild Air Force Base near Spokane, the governor's statement said, and 20 large fire engines "specifically designed to protect threatened communities and residences" were coming from Arizona, Colorado, Nevada and Utah.
Emergency workers from Australia and New Zealand have been deployed as well, and when the state sought help from residents who have firefighting know-how, thousands reportedly volunteered. (Read more)
- Precious Lord, we look to You for relief from the threat of so many fires in so many locations. We pray for the families of those who have been lost fighting fires and for those who have lost their homes. We repent for thinking we are able to handle all situations by ourselves. We thank You that help has been obtained from even distant fire departments and that more resources have become available. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen!
- "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles." (Psalms 34:17)
5. New Data Shows Nearly 1 in 3 Important Positions Are Vacant in VA Hospitals - Townhall
USA Today's Freedom of Information Act request to determine just how poorly staffed our country's Veterans Affairs centers are, was answered in June. Their findings turned up more "no vacancy" signs than expected.
USA TODAY discovered the 41,500 vacancies as of late June in data obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request. The full- and part-time positions include openings for 5,000 physicians, nearly 12,000 nurses and more than 1,200 psychologists, according to the data.
Now, as researchers have had a chance to sift through the data, it appears that nearly half of the "critical" positions within some of our nation's VA centers are unfilled.
Several factors play a role in the employee shortfall: The 9 percent attrition rate, lower pay than the private sector, the implementation of Obamacare, which is creating an imbalanced supply and demand environment in medical care, and the burdensome application process, just to name a few. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we bring to Your throne this tragic report of a serious lack of medical staff and other necessary managerial staff which exists within the US Veterans Administration hospital system. We have previously read how many veterans who have served our nation at a high personal cost are now dying before they can be seen and treated. We seek Your guidance to know what to do to counter this situation so that the men and women who sacrificed so much for our safety and future may be fairly treated and cared for. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us." (I John 5:14)
6. Idaho Protestors Vow "Defiance Against Tyranny" - Patriot News Daily
About 100 residents of Priest River, Idaho gathered in solidarity Thursday evening after reports surfaced that the VA was planning to confiscate a local veteran's firearms. The veteran in question - former Navy man John Arnold - was reportedly sent a letter from the VA office warning him that he was not allowed to possess or purchase guns of any kind. Concerned that federal agents might soon show up at Arnold's door, residents formed a human shield around the house.
This wasn't simply a demonstration driven by Arnold's neighbors. Idaho state representatives like Heather Scorr and Bonner County Sheriff Daryl Wheeler were among the conservative officials present at the protest. The event even drew politicians from out of state. Washington state rep Matthew Shea said he was there to exercise "defiance against tyranny."
The crowd passed the time with spirited songs, flag-waving, and a celebration of freedom. This area of northern Idaho runs toward the tea party end of the political spectrum, so it was no surprise to see the Gadsden flag make a prominent appearance. Notably absent, however, were any federal law enforcement officials.
"We don't send officers to confiscate weapons," said VA spokesman Bret Bowers. "We are about providing health care to veterans." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we have seen a number of articles that report that guns are to be taken away from our veterans, often based on questionable reasons. When the VA spokesman says that the VA is not about confiscating weapons but is about providing health care, we are not sure what to believe. We need to know what we should be praying in response to what is occurring in the lives of wounded, needy veterans and about the Veterans Administration. We ask this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "The Lord sat enthroned at the Flood, and the Lord sits as King forever. The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace." (Psalm 29:10-11)
7. Franklin Graham Objects to New $250K Muslim Prayer Room at Orlando International, Asks 'Why Do Muslims Get Preference?' - Christian Post
The Rev. Franklin Graham has spoken out against Orlando International Airport's recent unveiling of plans to create a new Muslim prayer room that will cost $250,000 in taxpayer dollars, and asked how loud would objections be if the money were allocated to build a prayer room for Evangelical Christians, or other groups.
"Let's call this what it is - a mosque. The airport already had an interfaith prayer room since 1983 (with prayer rugs available in it) - but that wasn't enough. How loud do you think the objections would be today if they spent $250,000 in taxpayer money to build a new prayer room exclusively for Evangelical Christians? Or for Jews or Mormons or any other group? Why do Muslims get preference?" Graham asked in a Facebook post on Saturday. (Read more)
- Thank You, Father, for the powerful truth that Franklin Graham speaks out. We pray that wisdom will speak louder than money to those who are in charge. Please put Your hand of protection over this man of God. We come against the Islamization of America in ways both subtle and not so subtle. We further decree and declare that this is a Judeo-Christian nation raised up to spread the Gospel to a needy world! In the powerful name of Jesus we pray.
- "For my mouth will speak truth; wickedness is an abomination to my lips."
Signs and Wonders
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
1. X-FLARES IN THE OFFING? - SpaceWeather.com
Sunspot AR2403 continues to grow. It has more than quadrupled in area since Friday and now stretches across an expanse of the sun's surface more than 130,000 km wide. Of greater significance, it has a "beta-gamma-delta" magnetic field that harbors energy for powerful X-class solar flares. As this photo shows, the sunspot is almost directly facing Earth:
"I got a good view of AR2304 on Aug. 22nd," reports photographer Ian Griffin of Portobello, New Zealand. "The rocket-like object beside the sunspot is a large TV transmission mast, some 5km away. A stunning sight!"
AR2304 is now crackling with M-class solar flares--four in the past 24 hours alone. This is causing a series of minor radio blackouts at frequencies mainly below 5 to 10 MHz. Ham radio operators and mariners are the type of people who might notice such events. NOAA forecasters estimate a 35% chance of more M-class solar flares and a 10% chance of X-flares in the next 24 hours. (Read more)
2. California sinking faster than thought, aquifers could permanently shrink - Fox News
California is sinking even faster than scientists had thought, new NASA satellite imagery shows.
Some areas of the Golden State are sinking more than 2 inches per month, the imagery reveals. Though the sinking, called subsidence, has long been a problem in California, the rate is accelerating because the state's extreme drought is fueling voracious groundwater pumping. (Read more)
3. NASA releases incredible closeup images of Saturn's moon Dione - Fox News
NASA has released a series of stunning images taken during the Cassini spacecraft's last close flyby of Saturn's moon Dione.
. . . "I am moved, as I know everyone else is, looking at these exquisite images of Dione's surface and crescent, and knowing that they are the last we will see of this far-off world for a very long time to come," said Carolyn Porco, Cassini imaging team lead at the Space Science Institute, Boulder, Colorado, in a statement on the NASA website. "Right down to the last, Cassini has faithfully delivered another extraordinary set of riches. How lucky we have been." (Read more)
4. The 'Great American Eclipse' is coming - Fox News
Ever dreamed of seeing the sky darken and the stars twinkle in the middle of a summer's day? Then mark your calendar for Aug. 21, 2017, because if you're in the US the chances are good that you'll be among the 200 million or so people within a day's drive of the country's first total eclipse of the sun since 1979, reports Space.com.
While total solar eclipses are more common than many realize, with 68 this century, this eclipse will be the first since 1918 where the moon's shadow-the so-called "path of totality"-will sweep across the US from coast to coast.
It's being called the Great American Eclipse because it will be visible from no other country on the planet. . . (Read more)
5. NASA nixes asteroid threat rumor - Fox News
Should we be worried about an asteroid impacting Earth sometime between Sept. 15 and 28? NASA says "no."
"There is no scientific basis - not one shred of evidence - that an asteroid or any other celestial object will impact Earth on those dates," said Paul Chodas, manager of NASA's Near-Earth Object office at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, in a statement. (Read more)
The Daily Jot
The stock market, judgment, and you
Americans have lost some $1.8 TRILLION in the stock market this year--most of it in the last few days, according to Steve Goldstein of MarketWatch.com. Goldstein reports that the Federal Reserve's financial accounts of the United States report indicated that American households and nonprofits held $24.1 trillion in stocks as of March 31. He calculated the percentage of loss suffered by the Dow Jones Total Stock Market index and found that by midmorning Monday, "that number had dropped to $22.2 trillion." He reminded readers of the third quarter of 2011, when $2.8 trillion was "wiped away" and that it took another four quarters (a full year) to gain back the money. In other words, we are in for a long haul.
Before we credit God for the misfortune that befalls us proclaiming that judgment is upon America for all of its immoral and ungodly deeds, we should take a look at ourselves as a nation and the practices we have employed. There are many economic policies that lead up to a market crash. George W Bush's quantitative easy policy was a major one. Quantitative Easing is where our government funded the Federal Reserve's purchases of financial assets from commercial banks and other financial institutions (translated Wall Street) to prop up the US economy. He raised the national debt by $5.8 trillion to $11.6 trillion. The current "president" accelerated the policy, and the national debt is now $18.3 trillion and growing.
To make matters worse, the banking industry has accumulated great wealth by this policy while taxpayers are in triple jeopardy--it is our taxes that would pay for the debt, and we are already paying for the policy. In addition, when the US Government decides to quit bailing out bankers and financial institutions, the economy will break down, placing even more burden on taxpayers. This is a grievous situation at best and disastrous at worse. Combine this with the burden of those who are allowed unfettered entry across our borders--due to the policies of the current "president"--the standard of living in America could collapse.
One could make the case that since Biblical practices of good stewardship were not followed, the judgment of God is upon us. However, there is clear evidence that the decision-making of a disengaged society and the resulting poor leadership are causing disastrous consequences. The judgment of God, His wrath, however, comes on the Day of the Lord. Revelation 8:1 says, "And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour." Verse 13 says, "Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth..." This is judgment. Ultimately, the financial ruin we are facing is the consequence of our own making. We must engage with society, raise the standard, and hold accountability to the precepts and principles of God Almighty. It starts in the house of the Lord--our body is the temple.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
North Korea & Iran
North Korea & Iran
Tensions are rising on the Korean Peninsula. Analysts point to recent incidents in the demilitarized zone and joint U.S., South Korean military exercises as the cause. The real issue is that North Korea is run by a certifiable maniac, the latest in a string of communist dictators.
Here is the main thing to consider: For two decades a series of U.S. presidents from Bill Clinton to George Bush tried to buy off North Korea. They used a variety of half-measures to rein in the Stalinist regime. They gave diplomacy repeated chances.
The result is that 20 years ago we were dealing with crazy people who did not have nuclear weapons. Today we are dealing with crazy people who do possess nuclear weapons. So every U.S. president who has attempted to talk with this rogue state has been part of this failure.
This example is especially relevant now because the West is repeating this charade with Iran. Meanwhile, Iran has been giving North Korea money and North Korea has been transferring missile and nuclear technology to Iran. There is every reason to believe this alliance will continue to the detriment of peace and security. (Gary Bauer)
Heroes Prevent Slaughter
Heroes Prevent Slaughter
Just when we begin to despair, we get a reminder of the great reservoir of courage that still exists among the American people. The latest skirmish in the worldwide war against radical Islam occurred last week in the unlikely place of a train traveling from Belgium to France.
A jihadist with an AK-47 had planned on killing hundreds of people. Ayoub El-Khazzani was stopped by three Americans and a Briton. Like Todd Beamer, who said to passengers on Flight 93, "Let's roll," Spencer Stone, Alek Skarlatos, Anthony Sadler, and British citizen Chris Norman jumped into action, saving scores of lives.
European authorities said they were watching El-Khazzani for ties to radical Islam. Clearly they were not watching him very well. This morning there is news that French authorities are puzzled by his motives because he denies any interest in terrorism.
So, once again, Europe is in trouble and Americans and a Brit rush to the rescue. Where have we seen this before? (Gary Bauer)
On 9/11: CRY OUT AMERICA - Part One
CRY OUT AMERICA - Part One
All Across the Nation!!
-- Every State
-- Every County
-- Every Church
-- Every Heart
As we reflect on the fundamental, significant, and disturbing shift in the cultural landscape of this country, the need for a Christ awakening seems more urgent than ever before. While the majority of the people do not agree with recent Supreme Court rulings, essentially redefining the definition of marriage in all 50 states, others are being drawn into deception and compromise. The fight for religious freedom that our Founding Fathers sacrificed their livelihoods to establish involves more than political agendas and governmental regulations. It impacts spiritual liberty and freedom from the strongholds of darkness that can destroy lives.
The good news is that God is still the sovereign LORD of the universe, and He is not regulated by the judicial system of any nation! Jesus Christ remains the Way, Truth, Life, and Light of the world that cannot be diminished and will not be hidden under the "bushel" of man's ideology or philosophy. Our firm conviction is that as the darkness of sin encroaches more and more upon our nation and the world, the light that is within Christ's body-His church-will become a stark contrast, a beacon, beckoning those lost and despairing to a place of hope and help.
As the Holy Spirit draws and God's people share His Truth in caring, compassionate ways, we will see innumerable, lifeless souls come to life. The church must be prepared to provide the support structures that are needed to help those lives be fully restored to abundant life and engaged as part of His mighty army of believers in this last days' move of the Spirit throughout the world.
Your prayer for a Christ awakening in America is vital as we Cry Out for God to not only preserve our Judeo-Christian heritage, but to bring a sweeping revival that will impact every state, every county, every church and every heart in America.
Join us on 9/11 at county courthouses, churches, and other public venues throughout all 50 states as we "Declare a holy fast; call a sacred assembly. Summon the elders and all who live in the land . . . and cry out to the Lord" (Joel 1:14). The Awakening America Alliance believes that "united prevailing prayer" is foundational if we are going to witness the "Twenty Indicators of Awakening" become reality in our generation. Cry Out America is a vital part of that foundation.
Your organization can be involved in this historic prayer movement and mobilize entire congregations to participate in a 9/11 prayer gathering in their area by logging onto our website here or by calling 888.929.2538 (888.929.AWAKEUS).
On 9/11: CRY OUT AMERICA - Part Two
On 9/11: CRY OUT AMERICA - Part Two
A 9/11 Event in Washington, D.C. . . .
A time to remember . . . A time to repent . . .
Gather with us in the nation's capital for a time of repentance
at the Lincoln Memorial
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. EDT
"Consecrate a fast, Call a sacred assembly; Gather the elders And all the inhabitants of the land Into the house of the LORD your God, And cry out to the LORD." (JoeL 1:15)
"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." (2Ch 7:14)
Prayers of Repentance will be offered for personal sins, the sins of the church and our actions toward Israel, and national sins.
Note: Identifiable repentance does not require us to carry the guilt and shame of those who have sinned (Exe 18:20). For each person stands accountable before God, and each person must work out their own salvation daily (Php 2:12). Yet as children of God we are given the joy and privilege to stand in the gap, intercede, and even forgive the sins of those who have come against us and others (Joh 20:23). We are also given the privilege and joy to come as ambassadors of peace and reconciliation, and we are called to repair and restore the broken lives and desolate places of those who have been hurt by the wicked actions of others that have existed even before our time (Isa 49:8).
Please note, too, that this will be a "nameless, faceless" event, so that only our King of Kings will be named and honored throughout our time together.
[Guests are asked to please bring their own lawn chairs and bottled water. This meeting will take place on the east side of the Lincoln Memorial, facing the mall.]
On 9/11: A Day of Prayer
Three National Repentance Conference Calls
Jonathan Cahn Calls the Nation to Prayer
A message from Jonathan Cahn:
Cahn is also joining WND founder and CEO Joseph Farah in promoting the third annual 9/11 Day of Prayer and Repentance.
Farah encourages pastors to open their churches on Friday, Sept. 11, to allow both their community of members and their communities at large to gather and pray. There will also be three national repentance conference calls that day, with details at 911dayofprayer.org. Readers can go to the website and sign up to pray. They are also encouraged to let their pastors, congregations, and friends know about this event. (Read more)
> > > A Message from Intercessors for America, host ministry for these calls:
Join us in National Repentance Conference Calls
Friday, September 11th
12:15 p.m., 1:15 p.m., and 3:15 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Call (712) 432-0075 (then code 1412452#)
[To learn more about the founding and the growth of this 9/11 prayer movement, please go here. Thank you.]
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
HE GIVETH MORE GRACE
"He giveth more grace." (James 4:6)
He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials he multiplies peace.
When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father's full giving is only begun.
His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
(Listen here . . . following "Amazing Grace")
About the Author:
Words: Annie J. Flint
Music: Ray Steadman-Allen
About the Hymn:
The Good News Corner
Families of Three Americans Who Stopped French Train Attack
Credit Christian Faith, God's 'Providential Will' for Heroic Act
The families of the three Americans whom French authorities credit with halting a potential terror attack on a Paris-bound high-speed train Friday have said the heroic act reflected the young men's Christian faith and was a part of God's "providential will."
Last week, Airman First Class Spencer Stone, Oregon National Guard member Alek Skarlatos and college student Anthony Sadler were traveling on a high-speed train in Brussels bound for Paris as part of a three-week vacation when 25-year-old Ayoub El Khazzani boarded, armed with a Kalashnikov assault rifle, a Luger automatic pistol, ammunition and a box-cutter.
According to the AP, El Khazzani opened fire, injuring a man before being wrestled to the floor and overpowered by the three young Americans and a Briton, 62-year-old business consultant Chris Norman.
Airman Stone and Mr. Skarlatos, both 22, first rushed the gunman, followed closely by Mr. Sadler, 23. Mr. Skarlatos then took the automatic weapon from El Khazzani before he could fire it, as the gunman attacked Airman Stone with a box cutter.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Peaceful Moments of Worship"
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.
ABOUT CAPITOL HILL PRAYER PARTNERS
To learn more about our ministry, and to sign up to begin receiving our daily alerts, please go here.