To join a protest against Planned Parenthood
in your own city, go to a PP Clinic near you.
[We regret that the link for details has now been suspended.]
All protests will take place TOMORROW, Saturday, Aug. 22, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in your own time zone.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, August 21, 2015
"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)
REMINDER . . .
Faye Hardin, the organizer of the Shemitah March, will join us this next Monday, August 24th, to share her vision with us and to answer any questions you may have. This march will be preceded by prayer throughout the city for several days . . . details on the call!
DATE OF CONFERENCE WITH FAYE HARDIN:
MONDAY, AUGUST 24, 2015
TIME OF CONFERENCE CALL: 9:00 p.m. EDT
CONFERENCE NUMBER: 712-432-0075
ACCESS CODE: 412850#
WELCOME, EVERYONE, TO THIS CALL!
> > > You can also learn more about the plans for the Shemitah march by going here.
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. IDF deploys Iron Dome to Ashdod area amid fears of renewed rocket fire - Jpost
The IDF has deployed an Iron Dome battery in the Ashdod area amid fears of renewed rocket fire into southern Israel from the Gaza Strip. A security source confirmed that the deployment of the Iron Dome battery comes as part of preparations for a possible escalation in tensions in connection with the Palestinian prisoner who is in serious condition due to a 65-day hunger strike.
2. Tony Blair mediates secret Israel-Hamas talks, negotiating end to Gaza siege - rt.com
Former Prime Minister Tony Blair is acting as a mediator in hush-hush talks between Hamas and Israel in an attempt to halt the Israeli siege of Gaza, reports suggest.
3. Netanyahu: Israel is ready for any scenario -Israel Hayom
Prime minister, defense minister and military heads visit northern border for security briefing * "Those who try to attack us -- we will hurt them," says PM Netanyahu * Defense Minister Ya'alon: We will not allow sovereignty violations on Golan Heights.
4. Half of Jerusalem Arabs want to be Israelis - Times of Israel
A slim majority of Palestinians living in Jerusalem would prefer Israeli citizenship to being citizens of a Palestinian state, a poll conducted by a Palestinian research institute indicates.
Just over half, or 52 percent, of respondents told pollsters they would prefer "Israeli citizenship with equal rights," while 42% prefer to be Palestinian citizens when a Palestinian state is established, Channel 2 reported Wednesday.
5. Temple Mount activist Glick blasts police's treatment of Jews at holy site - JNS
Rabbi Yehudah Glick, a well-known promoter of Jewish access to the Temple Mount and founder of the Temple Mount Heritage Foundation, blasted the Israeli police's treatment of Jews in light of recent events at the holy site. He urged the police to "remember who is the real enemy here."
On Sunday, three Jews were arrested for alleged incitement on the Temple Mount, for offenses which ranged from verbal insults to simply wearing a Jewish garment. According to The Jewish Press, however, nobody was arrested for an assault on an Israeli police officer that took place there the same day.
6. Reform Movement's Statement on the Nuclear Iran Deal - The Jewish Press
The Reform movement is the largest and most liberal denomination of American Judaism. On Wednesday, Aug. 19, the movement issued its position statement on the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, the Nuclear Iran Deal.
The position taken by this movement may surprise you.
This is the statement: (Read More)
7. IDF: Iran's Revolutionary Guards behind Syria rocket fire - Times of Israel
The commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards orchestrated Thursday's rocket fire on northern Israel from Syria, military sources said late Thursday night, prompting an unusually strong response from the Israel Defense Forces.
According to a senior Israeli security official, Saeed Izadi, the head of the Palestinian Division of the Iranian al-Quds Force planned the attack. It was carried out by the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, a terror group that operates mostly out of the Gaza Strip, but whose headquarters are in Damascus. The Islamic Jihad has denied its involvement. (Read more)
8. Israel to P5+1: Iran, Islamic Jihad behind rocket attack against our northern towns - Jerusalem Post
Israel accused Iran and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad of deliberately orchestrating Thursday afternoon's rocket attack along its northern border with Syria.
"We have credible information that the attack was carried out by the Palestinian Islamic Jihad Organization and was facilitated and directed by an Iranian operative Saeed Izaddhi, who heads the Palestinian unit in the IRGC QODS force [part of the Iranian National Guard]," Israel said in a message it delivered to the six world powers. (Read more)
9. Full text of secret deal between Iran and IAEA on inspections - Times of Israel
VIENNA - The following is a transcript of the original draft agreement between the UN's International Atomic Energy Agency and Iran covering inspections at the Parchin military site, where Iran has been accused of pursuing nuclear weapons development a decade ago. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. IDF Strikes 14 Targets in Syria following Iranian-Backed Rocket Attack - Breaking Israel News
Four rockets shot into northern Israel Thursday afternoon are a small taste of impending Iranian terror on the Jewish state, the IDF said. The rockets, which were shot from Syria into the northern Galilee and Golan Heights region, sparked fires but caused no injuries. The army revealed that the Palestinian terror group Islamic Jihad were responsible for the rocket fire, saying the attack was backed with "Iranian money and intention."
"We consider Syria to be responsible for the fire and it will also suffer the results," the IDF said in a statement, adding the attack "is a flagrant violation of the sovereignty of the State of Israel."
Following the attack, reports of Israeli shelling on Syria targets were reported by Israel's Army Radio. The IDF confirmed it had attacked 14 targets belonging to the Syrian regime.
Islamic Jihad terrorists had issued threats earlier in the week that they would attack Israel over the fate of jailed fellow terrorist Mohammed Allaan, who ended a hunger strike on Thursday over his imprisonment.
The IDF deployed Iron Dome anti-missile defense batteries across the southern region in Ashdod and Beersheba in response to the threats. (Read more)
- Praise God for the swift action the IDF has taken in retaliation for the ISIS missile attacks yesterday. Continue to lift up Israel in prayer, praying for the peace of Jerusalem. Abba, we ask, too, that Your wisdom be granted to the IDF authorities, so that they will "wage war" successfully against this very dangerous enemy. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)
2. White House 'comfortable' with IAEA deal with Tehran to 'self-inspect' suspect nuke site - Times of Israel
The White House on Wednesday said it was "confident" in the abilities of the International Agency for Atomic Energy to monitor and inspect the possible military dimensions on Iran's past nuclear work and was "comfortable" with confidential arrangements between the IAEA and Tehran to ensure compliance with the nuclear deal signed on July 14.
"As the administration has said before - including in classified briefings for both chambers of Congress - we are confident in the agency's technical plans for investigating the possible military dimensions of Iran's former program, issues that in some cases date back more than a decade," White House National Security Council spokesman Ned Price said Wednesday in response to an Associated Press report that revealed the IAEA would cede investigative authority of a suspected nuclear site to Tehran.
"Just as importantly, the IAEA is comfortable with arrangements, which are unique to the agency's investigation of Iran's historical activities. When it comes to monitoring Iran's behavior going forward, the IAEA has separately developed the most robust inspection regime ever peacefully negotiated to ensure Iran's current program remains exclusively peaceful, the overarching objective of the JCPOA. Beyond that, we are not going to comment on a purported draft IAEA document," Price said. (Read more)
- O Lord of Hosts, we are so grateful to know You and to know that You are the God of this Universe, and all that is therein! The whole world has lost its mind, or so it would appear! We are so grateful that our times are in Your Hands, and You direct the affairs of men! We do ask that You would bring sanity to our governments world-wide . . . sanity, and common-sense, and intelligence. Save us from ourselves, we pray. We come against strong spirits of fear and intimidation, hatred and murder, and we ask for peace, and our Wonderful, Beautiful Jehovah Shalom to be our Prince of Peace in a world so desperate for You!!! We need You here on planet Earth more than ever. Come quickly Lord Jesus, we pray, in the Name of Jesus Christ, our beloved Redeemer, Amen.
- "But I trust in You, Lord; I say, 'You are my God'. My times are in Your Hands; deliver me from the hands of my enemies, from those who pursue me. Let Your face shine on Your servant; save me in Your unfailing love." (Psalm 31:14-16)
3. Obama administration played Catch-22 on Iran deal, fumes Israeli arms control expert - Times of Israel
The maintenance and intensification of the American sanctions regime imposed on Iran, even in the absence of a tight international sanctions regime, could lead to a better deal than the one reached last month in Vienna, an Israeli expert on arms said.
Emily Landau, head of the arms control and regional security program at the Institute for National Security Studies based at Tel Aviv University, is one of Israel's most respected expert observers on the Iranian nuclear program. In an interview, she said that the nuclear accord struck between the P5+1 powers and Iran on July 14 was the result of "failed negotiations."
An adequate deal, she said, would include the dismantling of most of Iran's nuclear infrastructure; the imposition of "anytime, anywhere" inspections in response to suspicious activities; requiring the regime to answer 12 critical questions posed by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) regarding past military nuclear work to the satisfaction of the agency; and explicitly tying sanctions relief to Iran doing so.
But, she stressed, her concerns about the deal also relate to "ambiguous language" in the agreement that could "enable Iran to manipulate the deal in ways they have with past agreements." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the Israelis, who always call good, good and evil, evil. Father, we repent that our nation has not taken heed of their warnings regarding this wicked deal with Iran, and we ask that You would yet show Your hand of mercy upon our people. Lord God, our own leaders have led us astray, but the majority of our citizens see clearly and reject this deal. Have mercy upon us, O Lord, we pray, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, amen.
- "LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD. Repeat them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy." (Habakkuk 3:2)
4. National Suicide: Number of Syrian Muslim Refugees To U.S. Expected to Quadruple - Breitbart
The State Department is anticipating that the U.S. will admit up to 8,000 Syrian refugees in Fiscal Year 2016. In written responses to the Senate Judiciary Immigration and the National Interest Subcommittee Republicans obtained by Breitbart News, the State Department reveals that it is expecting the U.S. will accelerate its acceptance of Syrian refugees next year.
"As of July 30, the United States has admitted 1,042 Syrian refugees in FY 2015 and anticipates admitting a total of 1,500-1,800 Syrians this fiscal year. We anticipate admitting 5,000-8,000 Syrian refugees in FY 2016," the State Department wrote.
The Obama administration's effort to resettle thousands of Syrian refugees into the U.S. has come under fire as a potential national security risk. As Breitbart News has reported, House Homeland Security Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX) has pressed the administration on the possibility that foreign fighters could use the program to gain entry to the U.S. (Read more)
- Lord, we bring this situation to You and ask for wisdom to be given to Homeland Security, Immigration, and our Military as well, and also both Houses of Congress. There seems to be an obvious attempt on the part of this administration to import terrorists, from the very nation that pretty much carried out the original 9/11 attacks that brought down the Twin Towers in New York, and damaged the Pentagon.
Lord, we pray You will have mercy on us and protect us from these rogue Administration officials, who seem intent on destroying this nation. We need supernatural help, and so we call on You to save us! Thwart the accomplishment of this evil goal of quadrupling the number of Syrian terrorist immigrants being imported. Strike it down, Lord, and save Your people, we pray, in the Name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord, Amen, and Amen!!
- "See how they are repaying us by coming to drive us out of the possession You gave us as an inheritance? Or God, will You not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on You." (2 Chronicles 20:11,12)
5. Bobby Jindal Plays Planned Parenthood Videos On Massive Screen Outside Governor's Mansion - Breitbart
Bobby Jindal is showing once more he's making the biggest play of any 2016 candidate for the pro-life vote.
This afternoon, while abortion supporters protested outside the Governor's mansion in Baton Rouge, Jindal set up a huge movie screen and speakers and played on a continuous loop all of the videos released in recent weeks showing the brutality of Planned Parenthood's baby-parts business.
One of the problems faced by the Center for Medical Progress is that many people are refusing the watch the grisly undercover videos where Planned Parenthood personnel discuss dissecting aborted babies in order to sell their eyes, lungs, livers, hearts, and even brains.
The most recent video, released yesterday, shows a whistleblower describing how a Planned Parenthood medical technician laughingly restarted the heart of a nearly fully developed baby boy and then proceeded to cut through his face with scissors to retrieve his intact brain, which was then sold to StemExpress for medical experimentation.
Jindal is working hard to appeal to the social conservative base of the GOP. Earlier this year, in the wake of corporations forcing Indiana Governor Mike Pence to overturn religious freedom protections for businesses objecting to gay marriage, Jindal dared the corporations to mess with him and Louisiana. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the boldness and courage of Governor Jindal to put all his cards on the table on behalf of the unborn, and the murderous violence being perpetrated upon them by Planned Parenthood! We ask You to enable him to stand straight and tall in a day and moment when many are encouraging evil and compromise. Is this crime not similar to ISIS beheading people for no reason?? Our hearts break with yours, and we ask Lord, how long till You avenge the torture and deaths of the innocent? Bring justice and judgment we pray, O Lord. In the Name of Jesus Christ, Who died for all of us, including these precious babies, Amen.
- "Then He said to the disciples, 'It is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe to him through whom they do come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.'" (Luke 17:1,2)
6. GOP Rep. Mia Love Breaks Down In Tears While Talking About Planned Parenthood Videos - Washington Examiner
Freshman Rep. Mia Love, R-Utah, had to wipe away tears while talking about the undercover Planned Parenthood videos on the Fox Business network Wednesday night. "It's our job to protect those who do not have a voice to protect themselves, and to see what is actually happening to babies while they're still alive, I mean, it's horrific," said Love. "This is not about a Right or Left issue - this is right or wrong, and whether we are going to stand up for those who cannot speak for themselves, or if we're going to just turn a blind eye and pretend that this is not happening," she added, wiping away tears. (Read more)
- Abba, our hearts go out to Rep. Mia Love from Utah, and we thank You that her heart is touched by the torture of these unborn babies, in order to harvest their organs. We pray that others will see her tears and come to the realization that this is a normal, human response to this hideousness that is happening through Planned Parenthood, and may others come to their senses and realize that this is not a business of "selling used car parts", but rather new, unused human parts that require killing the donor. Forgive us, Lord, as a nation! We have lost our way! Break up our stony hearts, and give us hearts of flesh once again, we pray in the Name of Jesus Christ, Who paid the price for these horrible sins we have committed, Amen.
- "The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron." (I Timothy 4:1,2)
7. State Dept: Huma Abedin's Blackberry was Destroyed - Front Page Magazine
State Department BlackBerry devices issued to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's aides Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin have likely been destroyed or sold off, the department said in a court filing on Wednesday. Mills and Abedin "were each issued BlackBerry devices," department Executive Secretary Joseph Macmanus wrote in the filing.
The department, however, "has not located any such device," and believes that they would have been destroyed or removed from the department's control. (Read more)
- Father, You know all things, and You know the exact locations of those Blackberry devices, and, You know why they were destroyed. We ask, that You reveal what was on those devices, whether through copies, or finding and reassembling parts, or whatever it takes to bring forth the truth . . . especially regarding Benghazi, and the part that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton played in the attack of our embassy and the murders of our Ambassador and our Navy Seals stationed there. We ask that this information will keep re-surfacing, as if "having a life of its own", no matter how many times the perpetrators try to "sweep it under the rug". May Mrs. Clinton come to realize that it really DOES matter what happened there, and we want justice, please. Thank You. In Jesus Christ's Name we pray, Amen.
- "So don't be afraid of those people, because everything that is hidden will be shown. Everything that is secret will be made known. I tell you these things in the dark, but I want you to tell them in the light. What you hear whispered in your ear you should shout from the housetops." (Matthew 10:26,27)
8. Another judge orders inquiry into Hillary Clinton's emails - WND
The cloud hanging over Hillary Clinton because of her handling of government emails while she was secretary of state got a little lower, a little blacker and a little more ominous Thursday when another federal judge stepped in and ordered the State Department to work with the FBI to respond to a legal demand for details about her practice. "We wouldn't be here today if the employee (Clinton) had followed government policy," U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan said, according to a report from Judicial Watch.
The organization has Freedom of Information Act lawsuits pending over access to information about Clinton's performance while secretary of state for Barack Obama. Judicial Watch was in court because the FBI recently took physical control of a thumb drive and a computer server reportedly used by Hillary Clinton while secretary of state. She has reported she set up her own private email system and computer server while she was head of the State Department. She has claimed repeatedly that she neither sent nor received classified emails on the unsecured and private system. But federal officials reviewing the issue, including two inspectors general, have found emails containing classified material. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for this action that has been taken by U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan, and we ask that his directives be fully implemented. We call forth the full force of the appropriate law to be imposed against this activity by Mrs. Clinton and by Huma Abedin, in Your timing, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "And the heavens declare His righteousness, For God Himself is judge." (Psalm 50:6)
9. US cinema chain Regal introduces bag search after attacks - BBC
One of America's largest cinema chains, Regal, is now searching bags of film-goers following several attacks on movie theatres across the US.
Regal's updated policy says it wants customers and staff "to feel comfortable and safe" in its cinemas. It is not clear when it began, but reports say some people had their bags checked at some of the company's 570 cinemas this week.
Earlier this month, a man attacked cinema-goers in Tennessee with an axe. He was shot dead by Nashville police, but no-one else was killed.
"Security issues have become a daily part of our lives in America," Regal Entertainment Group's admission policy now reads on the company's website. The company has not yet commented publicly on the new regulations.
"To ensure the safety of our guests and employees, backpacks and bags of any kind are subject to inspection prior to admission," it continues. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for this action now being taken by the Regal Cinema chain of theaters, and we ask that many more theater owners would do the same. In Your name, we pray, amen.
- "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:14)
10. Possible Home of Mary Magdalene Unearthed in Israel - Newsmax
Archeologists have uncovered what was likely a synagogue in the center of Magdala, the hometown of Mary Magdalene, the witness of Jesus Christ's crucifixion and resurrection.
CNN reported that Father Juan Solana purchased land in northern Israel to build a Christian retreat center six years ago. By law, he was required to perform test excavations, and soon discovered a first-century synagogue underneath the dirt. "This is a holy site, I am sure of that," Solana told reporters.
According to scripture, Jesus was said to have preached in the synagogues of the Galilee region. The recently unearthed synagogue is the only one in the area that would have existed during Jesus' lifetime, so it's very likely that he preached there.
"She lived here and she met Jesus here and she continued with Him. Yes, it's that place," senior Israeli archaeologist Arfan Najar, who oversees the excavation at Magdala, told CBN News. (Read more) (Read more)
- Abba, we thank You for this wonderful news that the home of Mary Magdalene may have been unearthed in Migdal in the Galilee, proving once again the accuracy of Scripture, geographically, as well as biblically. We rejoice with those in the region, as this is certain to be another site that tourists will be interested in seeing and experiencing. We ask that those who excavate the site, will do so carefully and diligently, keeping artifacts intact. We praise You for this "find"! We pray this in Yeshua's matchless Name, Amen.
- "So that he who blesses himself in the earth, Shall bless himself in the God of truth; And he who swears in the earth, Shall swear by the God of truth." (Isaiah 65:16)
The Daily Jot
Friday, August 21, 2015
Ceding America to the Islamic State
In April, Judicial Watch, a venerable government watchdog group, reported that the Islamic State is operating a camp some eight miles from El Paso, Tx. in the Anapra area near Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Judicial Watch sources, which included a Mexican Army officer and a Mexican Federal Police Inspector, also said there is another IS cell targeting the New Mexico towns of Columbus and Deming for crossing into the US. A joint Mexican military-police operation found plans of Fort Bliss, Muslim prayer rugs and documents in Arabic and Urdu. The area is controlled by the Juarez Cartel, making such operations "extremely dangerous and hostile." The government downplayed the report.
Thursday, Pinal County, Arizona Sheriff Paul Babeu, in an appearance on "Your World With Neil Cavuto," said drug cartels armed with AK47s controlled American territory some 30 miles from Phoenix. He described a fact finding mission by Presidential candidate Ben Carson, where the Sheriff "flew him in our helicopter, showed him the drug smuggling routes, the actual caves-these cartel scouts live on top of mountains, 30 days at a time...This is literally an unsecured border. We have cartels that think they own the place. They control many areas on American soil and this is how they freely move billions of dollars of drugs and hundreds of thousands of illegals into our country."
Sheriff Babeu said, "We don't have drones ourselves. We have a couple helicopters and this is why there shouldn't be one county fighting the drug cartels. We had a three billion dollar drug bust. We arrested 76 in one day. They were carrying 108 weapons, including AK-47s. Ben Carson mentioned absolutely use drones and maybe have the idea of a missile strike to blow up these cartel lookouts where they live in. Some members of the media were aghast he said such a thing. He said, 'Look we're fighting a war here. We should talk to military leaders and law enforcement leaders to see what we need to do.'" When a country ceases to secure its borders, it no longer is a nation.
Whether it is the Islamic State or drug cartels, which are often Islamic fronts because Islam is a worldwide trader of drugs and humans, the US has an issue that is paramount to our national security. The "president" refuses to uphold the law and secure the borders, AND the "congress" refuses to hold him accountable to the law. The White House and Congress are giving our nation over to Islam, illegal aliens and drug cartels--literally ceding our land to them. Proverbs 21:10 says, "The soul of the wicked desires evil." Do the wicked desire evil more than the people of God desire righteousness? When will every pulpit in every church in America decide to engage with this dark and dying world and hold accountability to righteousness? Much of the "church" has lost its savor and the nation lacks for it.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
A Message from Jonathan Cahn
A Message from Jonathan Cahn:
'The time is now to prepare'
'We are in critical times'
Shemitah author calls for national prayer, repentance in video
In the Old Testament, which often provides clues or spiritual foreshadowing of things to come under the New Testament, the priests of God had to first get things right in their own lives before they could minister on behalf of others. They would ritually cleanse themselves with water. Only then could they enter the Holy of Holies and intercede for the nation.
"Get to that higher ground, to bless God. This is our time to be ready, no matter what comes in September, autumn, or not," Cahn told his listeners.
"The fact is America is in danger here," he continued. "America is progressing on a dangerous course away from God. And we are in critical times. We are at a crossroads in every way. For the society, the culture, the civilization, the church, to be praying for this time. And to declare we will make up our minds we will not bow down to Baal, we will not compromise, we will not give in to political correctness. No matter what, we will not turn away from God, no matter what anybody says. We will follow the Lord, and His ways, only."
To read the entire article by Jonathan Cahn, and to view his video, produced this week, please go here.
Is the Arrival of the Messiah at the Door?
Hebrew Numerology Suggests Messiah in Jewish New Year 5776
In an interview with Christian filmmaker Richard Shaw, director of the film Torah Codes: End to Darkness, prolific author and Bible Codes expert Rabbi Mattityahu Glazerson demonstrates how multiple Hebrew phrases hint that the Hebrew year 5776 (2015-2016) will be a significant year for the appearance of the Messiah.
Hebrew years are counted from Creation and begin on the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashana, which always falls in September or October in the Gregorian calendar. As of sundown on September 13, 2015, the new Hebrew year will be 5776.
Why do Hebrew dates change at nightfall rather than at midnight? When days are counted in the Bible, evening comes before morning, as it is written in Genesis 1:5, "It was evening and it was morning, one day". Thus, in Judaism, each new day begins in the evening.
In order to understand Glazerson's assertion that there are many hints that the Hebrew year 5776, which corresponds to September 2015-October 2016, is favorable for the appearance of the Messiah, it's necessary to be familiar with gematria, the system of Hebrew numerology. (Breaking Israel News) Read more.
A Message from Anne Graham Lotz
A Message from Anne Graham Lotz:
Daniel Milton Lotz
March 30, 1937 - August 19, 2015
Below please find a portion of this memorial tribute to Daniel Lotz, written by his wife, Anne Graham Lotz.
. . . He was more than a man's man. He was God's man who triumphantly finished his race having fought the good fight, and having kept his faith firmly focused on the kingdom of God first. He moved to our Father's House on August 19, 2015 and received the accolade of his Savior, Lord, and King who presented him with the Crown of Righteousness. We salute you, Danny Lotz. And we will never forget you.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21)
To read all of Anne's tribute to her husband, please go here. Thank you.
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
WHEN WE ALL GET TO HEAVEN
- "In my Father's house are many rooms . . . I am going there to prepare a place for you." (John 14:2)
Sing the wondrous love of Jesus,
Sing His mercy and His grace.
In the mansions bright and blessèd
He'll prepare for us a place.
When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We'll sing and shout the victory!
While we walk the pilgrim pathway,
Clouds will overspread the sky;
But when traveling days are over,
Not a shadow, not a sigh.
Let us then be true and faithful,
Trusting, serving every day;
Just one glimpse of Him in glory
Will the toils of life repay.
Onward to the prize before us!
Soon His beauty we'll behold;
Soon the pearly gates will open;
We shall tread the streets of gold.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Emily Hewitt, 1898
Music: Emily D. Wilson
Signs and Wonders
Rare 'fire rainbow' lights up US skies
A phenomenal multi-coloured cloud formation was spotted by locals near the coast in South Carolina.
Described as a "multi-coloured angel hovering overhead" by some viewers, the halo-forming cloud known as a circumhorizontal arc is said to require a strict set of conditions and occur only in "high-level cirrus clouds [thin, wispy clouds] made up of tiny ice crystals", meteorologist Justin Lock told the local news station 14 News.
"To produce the rainbow colours the sun's rays must enter the ice crystals at a precise angle to give the prism effect of the colour spectrum" Mr Lock said. The sun must be at an altitude of at least 58 degrees above the horizon, he added.
The incredible cloud formation was observed by locals in the area including Tracey Smith, who saw it over a beach in the Isle of Palms and said it lasted for about an hour.
Rainbows are multi-coloured arcs created from the reflection, refraction and dispersion of light across water droplets. They can be seen in places where there are water droplets in the air, such as near waterfalls and lakes in forest surroundings. (Telegraph UK) Read more.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Hilton gets a high-five
Hilton Hotels & Resorts has decided to change its policy and will now remove all on-demand pornographic videos from all of its properties, worldwide. Randy Sharp, director of special projects for the American Family Association, says his organization is excited that Hilton is finally getting out of the "adult" porn business after they and other pro-family groups have lobbied the hotel giant for more than 20 years to do so.
"Hilton says they have listened to their customers and they've determined that this is not a part of their business program going forward," Sharps shares with OneNewsNow. "It's important for us as customers and consumers to let Hilton know how much we appreciate their decision. It's important to say thanks when a company does the right thing, just as it's important to [point it out] when they're doing something wrong." (One News Now)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"We Exalt Your Name" - Kari Jobe
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.