To see an outstanding overview
of Biblical coming events next month,
please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, August 17, 2015
"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. US Jewish groups on alert after bin Laden's son calls for attacks - Times of Israel
The national Jewish community's security arm has asked Jewish institutions to be on the alert after Osama Bin Laden's son called for attacks on Jewish American interests.
The Secure Community Network alert said Friday that Hamza bin Laden, who has ambitions to lead al-Qaeda, the terrorist organization founded by his father, posted an audio message calling "for the targeting of Jewish American interests globally."
"Hamza also reportedly called for attacks on Washington, London, Paris and Tel Aviv," the alert said. (Read more)
2. In second attack Saturday, Israeli policeman stabbed in West Bank
- Times of Israel
A Border Police officer was lightly wounded on Saturday when stabbed by a Palestinian man near Tapuah Junction in the northern West Bank.
Troops were conducting a routine security check on a Palestinian man at the Beita Junction, near the West Bank village of Hawara, when he pulled out a knife and stabbed one of the officers in the back, a Border Police spokesman said.
Troops at the scene opened fire on the attacker, named by the Palestinian Ma'an news agency as Rafik Kamal al-Taj, a 16-year-old resident of Beita, near Hawara. He was critically wounded and later died of his wounds. (A Channel 2 report earlier named the attacker as Ahmed Kamal al-Taj.)
3. The startup scene in Israel is going bonkers, and the Chinese are swooping in - Business Insider
This summer, it's raining unicorns - tech startups valued at more than $1 billion - and as a result the Israeli tech scene is going absolutely crazy.
Business Insider just spent a week in Israel meeting with over a dozen tech companies and VCs. They all told us:
Everyone is dreaming of becoming the next unicorn. Instead of selling their startups for $1 million to $30 million, founders are turning down multimillion acquisition offers, wanting to build big companies. (Read more)
4. Israel increases security for US envoy after death threats over Iran deal - Jerusalem Post
Israeli police are increasing security at the United States Embassy and at US Ambassador Dan Shapiro's home in response to death threats he has received related to the Iran nuclear deal.
Several threatening letters have arrived at the embassy, which is in Tel Aviv, over the past week, numerous Israeli media outlets reported, and a threatening message was posted anonymously on Shapiro's Facebook page.
The Facebook post referred to Shapiro, who is Jewish, as a "kapo," the term for Jews drafted to do the work of Nazis during the Holocaust, and said the US had "abandoned Israel."
Israel and many centrist American Jewish organizations, including the American Jewish Committee and Anti-Defamation League, oppose the Iran nuclear deal, which lifts sanctions in exchange for the Islamic Republic restricting nuclear activity.
5. Dermer: Israel 'not eager' to battle Obama on Iran deal, but has no choice - Times of Israel
Israel's ambassador to the United States said in a television interview aired Saturday that Jerusalem was not in any way eager to go up against Washington on the contentious Iranian nuclear agreement reached last month, but felt it had no choice.
"There's no question that this is the most important relationship in the world, and we are not eager in any way to have to be at odds on the most important policy priority of the president of the United States. That's a big deal," Ron Dermer told CNN's Fareed Zakaria.
"But . . . the survival of the state of Israel is also a big deal, and we believe that this deal threatens the survival of Israel," Dermer said. (Read more)
6. Arab Bank reaches settlement with US victims of Hamas attacks in Israel - Jerusalem Post
Jordan's Arab Bank settled a case with hundreds of plaintiffs that could be worth billions of dollars, ending the most dramatic terrorism finance case against a major bank in US history.
The settlement was confirmed Friday by Michael Elsner, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, and a spokesman for Arab Bank. Terms were not disclosed. It comes nearly a year after the US New York jury found the $46 billion bank liable; four months after the bank lost a shot at a retrial; days before a damages trial was set to start; and 14 years after some of the terrorist attacks in question took place.
The highly public trial lasted five weeks and revisited some of Hamas's worst attacks, including the August 2001 Sbarro suicide bombing in Jerusalem that killed or wounded 130, and a range of 24 other terrorist attacks during the second intifada. (Read more)
7. Syrian rebel group says ceasefire with Hezbollah over - Times of Israel
BEIRUT - A rare ceasefire negotiated with Hezbollah fighters in a Syrian town and two villages collapsed Saturday after several days during which guns fell silent, a rebel group involved in the talks and activists said.
The ceasefire in the northern rebel-held town of Zabadani, near the border with Lebanon, as well as in Foua and Kfarya, two Shiite villages in Idlib province, was reached Wednesday and was to last until Sunday.
But Ahrar al-Sham, the main rebel group involved in the negotiations, announced Saturday the negotiations had collapsed. (Read more)
8. A LAST CALL TO YOU! - Preparing for the Feast of Tabernacles
- International Christian Zionist Center
I so rejoiced reading this as it confirms what we have believed already for years, that as Pentecost happened during the celebration of this feast in . . . Jerusalem, that thus also during a celebration of the Feast of Tabernacles He would pour out the double or sevenfold measure of His Spirit as the prophet Joel prophesies. - Jan Willem van der Hoeven (Read more here)
The Daily Brief
1. 'Hundreds of Tons' of Cyanide at China Blasts Site - NewsMax
Hundreds of tonnes of highly poisonous cyanide were being stored at the warehouse devastated by two giant explosions in the Chinese port city of Tianjin which killed 112, a senior military officer said Sunday. The comments by Shi Luze, chief of the general staff of the Beijing military region, were the first official confirmation of the presence of the chemical at the hazardous goods storage facility at the centre of the massive blasts.
The disaster has raised fears of toxic contamination. Residents and victims' families hit out at authorities for what they said was an information blackout, as China suspended or shut down dozens of websites for spreading "rumours".
Nearly 100 people remain missing, including 85 firefighters, though officials cautioned that some of them could be among the 88 corpses so far unidentified. More than 700 people have been hospitalised as a result of Wednesday's blasts -- which triggered a huge fireball and a blaze that emergency workers have struggled to put out since then, with fresh explosions on Saturday.
State prosecutors said Sunday they have started an investigation to see if dereliction of duty played a role in the disaster, the official Xinhua news agency reported.
- Heavenly Father, we stand in the gap for these people in China and bring the victims and their families of this dangerous explosion before Your throne for mercy and comfort. We pray that the facts of how this occurred be exposed and action be quickly taken to contain the spread of these toxic gases. We seek You comfort for those who are part of Your remnant and we ask that this may be used to draw more people unto you. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace." (Psalm 29: 11 NKJV)
2. China's air kills 4,000 people a day - but not for long, say officials - Yahoo News
Outdoor air pollution contributes to the deaths of about 4,400 people per day in China, according to a recent scientific paper. The paper once again raised concerns about China's air pollution, as the government, gradually getting ready for the 2022 Winter Olympics, has steadily increased their efforts to combat pollution.
In November 2014, the world's biggest emitter of carbon reached a key climate change deal with Washington to cap its emissions by 2030 through increasing its use of renewable, zero-emission energy sources to 20 percent of its total energy budget.
And in June, with an eye on the UN's December climate talks in Paris, Beijing formally committed to halting the rise in its greenhouse gas emissions within the next 15 years. all accounts, China's President Xi Jinping is serious. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask You to rise up to direct China's officials in their minds and spirits to know how to battle the containment of this dangerous pollution. We pray this in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Receive my instruction, and not silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold; for wisdom is better than rubies, and all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her." (Proverbs 8: 10-11 NKJV)
3. North Korea threatens to attack U.S. - CNN
North Korea threatened to "retaliate against the U.S. with tremendous muscle" if it didn't cancel multinational military exercises scheduled to begin Monday.
South Korea conducts the yearly exercises, called Ulchi Freedom Guardian, with the United States and other allies "to enhance . . . readiness, protect the region and maintain stability on the Korean peninsula," according to a statement from the Korea-U.S. Combined Forces Command.
Just as the event itself is annual, so too are the condemnations and threats of retaliation from the reclusive North Korean regime. "The further Ulchi Freedom Guardian joint military exercises are intensified, the strongest military counteraction the (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) will take to cope with them," a spokesman for North Korea's National Defense Commission (NDC) said Saturday. (Read more)
- Father God, even though this is an annual event -- both the scheduled drills and the response by North Korea -- we nevertheless take this matter seriously. We ask that You would rest Your Hand upon the leaders of North Korea, who hold nuclear weapons in their arsenal. May they instead "settle down," and stand down from any further threats. Lord God, let them know that the only true way to peace and security is to know You as their personal Savior and Lord. We ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)
4. Judge Greenlights Obama Attack On Religious Freedom - WND
A federal judge's order that a county clerk must violate her Christian faith and issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples to meet the constitutional right to homosexual unions newly created by the U.S. Supreme Court now is under challenge at the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
The notice of appeal was filed by attorneys with Liberty Counsel immediately after U.S. District Judge David Bunning ordered Rowan, Kentucky, County Clerk Kim Davis to violate her deeply held religious beliefs, protected by the First Amendment, and issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
The judge's ruling appeared to advance President Obama's ongoing campaign to replace "freedom of religion" with "freedom of worship." WND has reported that for years the Obama administration has referenced the First Amendment constitutional protection in new language.
Most recently, a big list of prominent faith leaders joined to ask Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson to fix a problematic document that references "worship" rather than "religion." "We believe that the wording change we are requesting represents much more than a 'distinction without a difference.' Many totalitarian forms of government have allowed for the freedom of worship in their governmental documents but in practice severely restricted individual religious freedoms. The phrase freedom of worship, as it has been used throughout history, articulates an intentionally limited freedom that restricts a citizen's rights to the four walls of a government-sanctioned house of worship and only for specific times and events." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we stand before You alone and we repent for our personal and national sins that have allowed the changes that are reported here, where one can 'worship' as one pleases but it is no longer 'allowed' to be manifested in our work and everyday lives. We know that more and more our rights are being stripped away by a government who wants only their beliefs and controlling agenda to be followed. Have mercy, Father, upon Your remnant and direct us how to pray and walk through what has happened to our nation, praying this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "In that day the Branch of the Lord will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth will be the pride and the adornment of the survivors of Israel. . . There will be a shelter to give shade from the heat by day, and refuge and protection from the storm and the rain." (Isaiah 4:2,6)
5. [Nuclear Deal] Can Democrats 'Put Country Over Obama'? - WND
A growing chorus of some of the nation's best and brightest minds is calling on Democrats in the House and Senate to break ranks with President Obama and oppose his Iran deal by putting country over party politics. "Those Democrat politicians who still have an ounce of integrity should put loyalty to country before loyalty to Obama and his disastrous nuclear sellout to the Iranian terrorist regime," radio talk-show host Mark Levin told WND.
Former Clinton administration CIA Director James Woolsey told WND that Democrats should oppose the deal because "the agreement negotiated by the Obama administration is about as bad an agreement as the United States has ever signed in any capacity." "It would be tragic for it to take effect, and it will be a disaster for world peace," he bluntly added. Woolsey called it "quite naive" to expect the deal to slow down Iran's drive to get the bomb, and its "extremely loose" inspection terms mean, "We will have to face the prospect their having at least one or a few nuclear weapons before long," which, he added, would trigger a nuclear arms race in the Middle East.
Calling the Iranian government a "theocratic, totalitarian, genocidal imperialist" regime that "controls Syria, much of Iraq, and virtually all of Yemen and Lebanon through proxies," the former CIA chief said it will "only get worse" when the mullahs receive as much as $150 billion in unfrozen assets as part of the deal. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, may what is being expressed by some of the 'brightest minds' be heard and acted upon by the Democrats in the House and Senate. Lord God, we cry out that they will put our country ahead of party politics by breaking ranks with President Obama and opposing his deal with Iran. We ask that You rise up and cause this Congress to defeat this bill with a veto proof margin. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. (Proverbs 8: 13)
6. Royce: Russia and Iran 'Already Violating' Nuclear Deal - CNSNEWS
The U.S. must call both Russia and Iran to account for "already violating" the nuclear agreement, House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Rep. Ed Royce (R-Calif.) said Thursday. He was responding to a reported trip to Moscow by Iran's Qods force commander, who is subject to U.N. travel sanctions.
"[Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani] is the chief commander for Iranian foreign forces outside of Iran who carry out their assassinations and carry out their attacks," Royce told CNN.
"And the fact that he would violate the sanctions prior to it being lifted upon him, by jumping the gun - this gives us the opportunity to call the Russians to account, and the Iranians to account, for already violating this agreement," he said. "And we should do so." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, here is a very clear warning of the inherent danger in this Iranian agreement. Mercy Father, we beg, as we know historically that Iran as a nation cannot be trusted. Their current behavior reflects what a 'sham' this agreement is and how they intend to inflict destruction upon Your special land and people, plus so many other nations and people groups. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "In the mouth of a fool is a rod of pride, but the lips of the wise will preserve them." (Proverbs 14: 3)
7. Grassley: 'My Concerns Are Bigger Than Hillary Clinton' - CNSNEWS
National security, security clearance violations, and enforcing the law -- those are some of the concerns Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) raised Friday morning, when he was asked about Hillary Clinton possibly having top-secret emails on a private server that few people even knew about until months after she left her job as Secretary of State.
"My concerns are bigger than Hillary Clinton," Grassley told MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "They deal with whether or not our national security is going to be preserved, and also the extent to which classified information should only be seen by people that have clearance to do that, and it's also an issue of whether or not the laws are going to be abided by."
Grassley said right now, all he can do is "raise the questions." Aside from national security, that means making sure the inspector general of the intelligence community is getting all the information he needs to determine "what classified information was maybe not handled properly"; and making sure the FBI is enforcing the law.
"That's about all a member of Congress can do, because, you know, prosecution comes under the executive branch of government," Grassley said. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that Sen. Chuck Grassley is bringing up these serious national security concerns. We ask that You confront the leaders in our executive branch of government to truthfully deal with the dangerous violations committed by Hillary Clinton in using a private email server instead of following regulations, and cause them to prosecute these violations to the full extent of the law. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Fools mock at sin, but among the upright there is favor." (Proverbs 14: 9)
8. Feds refuse to reveal cellular kill-switch plan - WND
The federal government has a plan to kill all cell-phone service in certain areas when officials decide it's necessary. But you aren't allowed to see the plan. And the fact that you cannot learn what might justify its use or who has the authority to push the kill button is the focus of a new case before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Pulling the plug on local cellular service already has been done. In 2011, officials with the Bay Area Rapid Transit system in San Francisco cut off service inside four transit stations for three hours after a BART security officer shot and killed a homeless man and protests erupted in reaction.
The shutdown order was made when a protest organizer sought to coordinate activists via cell phone. The San Francisco shutdown, which is supposed to be controlled by the Department of Homeland Security's Standard Operating Procedure 303, prevented anyone inside the transit stations "from sending or receiving phone calls, messages, emergency notifications and other transmissions," according to the Electronic Privacy Information Center, or EPIC. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we pray in the Spirit over this report, as this news might be either a blessing to our people, or a curse. Help us, Lord. We need Your direction to know how to pray and respond to a government that is inflicting tyrannical control over us with many of our rights being suppressed and denied. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "And He said, 'My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.'" (Exodus 33: 14)
9. Did Isaac Newton Predict Major Turn In Bible Prophecy? - WND
CERN, also called the European Organization for Nuclear Research, at its complex near Geneva, restarted its Large Hadron Collider in June for the first time in 27 months and is scheduled to perform a controversial experiment in September, around the same time of the end of the biblical Shemitah on Sept. 13 and the start of Yom Kippur on Sept. 23.
The date Sept. 23 has become ubiquitous among the writings of many prophecy watchers. They don't know what, if anything, will happen on that date but they question why it keeps popping up everywhere: in movies and concerts, on the pope's appointment calendar, in the statements of politicians and the calculations of a famous mathematician from the 18th century.
Sir Isaac Newton, the English scientist and devout Christian, had a burning desire to study end-times prophecies of Christ's return. He had a particular interest in Daniel's prophecies, and he put together calculations that point to Sept. 23, 2015, as a key date.
"So going back to CERN, these scientists have been indoctrinated in humanism, scientific materialism and they don't believe in a supernatural world, but the ones at the very top, they know what the real purpose of the CERN collider is for and they are trying to open a star gate just like Babel in a sense," McGuire said. "Sir Arthur Clarke said 'science is magic' and he wasn't trying to be cute. He said, at the highest level of science, the really illumined scientists are fully aware that magic and science are one in the same." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we acknowledge that You alone know all things and that You are still in control of all of creation. We fall before You seeking direction and guidance about what is being predicted relating to the CERN and about the date of September 23rd, 2015. We ask that You teach us what we need to be doing and praying in this hour of human history. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Say among the nations, "The Lord reigns; the world also is firmly established, it shall not be moved; He shall judge the peoples righteously.'" (Psalm 96: 10)
10. Breaking: At least 27 dead in Bangkok bomb blast - Fox News
At least 27 people are dead and 78 injured in an explosion that rocked the area near the popular Erawan shrine in a busy intersection in Bangkok, Thailand, Reuters reported Monday morning. A spokesman for Thailand's ruling junta says at least two bombs were found at the scene. At least one planted on a motorcycle had detonated. Security video showed a powerful flash as the bomb exploded.
"We are not sure if it is politically motivated, but they aim to harm our economy and we will hunt them down," Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon told reporters.
The bomb reportedly detonated in front of the Erawan shrine, a popular shrine to the Hindu god Brahma, where thousands of Buddhist devotees visit every day. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray for the many who have visited this shrine to a false god, and we ask that You visit them to fill the God-ordained hole in their soul with Your presence. May each one find You as Savior and Lord. We pray, too, for those who have lost loved ones in these explosions, asking they be drawn unto You and You alone to find comfort and peace in their own time of sorrow. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "You shall have no other gods before Me." (Exodus 20:3)
The Daily Jot
Monday, August 17, 2015
Results of negotiating with terrorists
For decades the United States followed the policy and law of not negotiating with terrorists. Before Ronald Reagan was elected President, the Ayatollahs in Iran were empowered by President Jimmy Carter's assistance in deposing US ally and leader of Iran, Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. Carter's actions actually accelerated modern terrorism as Iran became the foremost sponsor of terrorism in the Middle East and around the world. Carter was rewarded by the Ayatollah taking over the US Embassy and holding Americans hostage. Reagan's non-negotiating posture resulted in the hostages being released hours after he took office. Fast forward to today, where negotiating with terrorists is akin to a Carter rerun.
The US has negotiated with Iran, a terrorist sponsoring state. Whenever negotiations take place, there is the promise of compromise. Tyrants are really good at gaining what they want. They follow a humanist, communist doctrine of negotiating called the Hegelian Dialectic--thesis, anti-thesis, synthesis. The thesis is the current situation. The anti-thesis is what the tyrant wants. The synthesis is how much the tyrant gets. In Iran's case, it is estimated that over $150 BILLION will flow into the country when sanctions are lifted. Some of it will be from yours and my tax payments. The "president" says it will prevent Iran from having a nuclear bomb. The Iranian Ayatollah is chanting "death to America; death to Israel"--literally.
The "president" has also broken policy and law by negotiating a diplomatic exchange with Cuba's communist and terrorist-sponsoring government and his heroes Fidel and Raul Castro. Those Cubans who fled for their lives when Castro came to power and was killing all the capitalists in the small island feel they have been thrown under the bus. The US received no assurances of improvements from the Castro's. But Fidel is saying that the US owes him money. He said, hours before Secretary of State John Kerry reopened the US Embassy there, "Cuba is owed compensation equivalent to damages, which total many millions of dollars." Same principle as Iran--negotiate, compromise, pay up.
Where are we ever supposed to compromise with evil? Psalm 119:1-3 says, "Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord. Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways." Some translations say, "They also do not compromise with evil..." We are to overcome evil with good and to stand fast against the powers of darkness. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we should compromise with evil, hence the longstanding policy of not negotiating with terrorists. Unfortunately, this Administration feels comfortable enough with the forces of darkness to compromise with them, even while they continue to spew evil from their lips.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Back to School . . . Time to Pray!
Back to School . . . Time to Pray!
Last month, Cindy and Mike Jacobs released an excellent call to prayer for our children, and teachers, as they prepare to go back to school.
At that time, Cindy and Mike called our attention to a 21-Day time of prayer for the schools in the State of Arizona . . . an excellent, indepth guide to intercession for our campuses.
This prayer initiative is being sponsored by BridgeBuilders International and can be found by going here.
In addition, please note a special decree, based upon Psalm 91, asking protection for all who will be in our schools this year. That decree can be found by going here.
We believe that these prayers, uttered for the children in the State of Arizona, can also be uttered for the children in YOUR state, too. And, as there is truly "no time in Christ Jesus," we can all begin praying these 21 days NOW as those yellow busses begin to roll again this fall.
With many thanks to Hal and Cheryl Sacks, the Co- founders of BridgeBuilders International Leadership Network, for their work in generating this excellent plan of prayer for our children.
To learn more about their ministry, or to contact them directly, please go here.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, August 16 - Saturday, August 23, 2015
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
HALLELUJAH! WHAT A SAVIOR
"He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows." (Isaiah 53:3)
Man of Sorrows! what a name
For the Son of God, who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Bearing shame and scoffing rude,
In my place condemned He stood;
Sealed my pardon with His blood.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Guilty, vile, and helpless we;
Spotless Lamb of God was He;
"Full atonement!" can it be?
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Lifted up was He to die;
"It is finished!" was His cry;
Now in Heav'n exalted high.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
When He comes, our glorious King,
All His ransomed home to bring,
Then anew His song we'll sing:
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words & Music: Philip P. Bliss, 1875
About the Hymn:
Written . . . shortly before his death, this was the last hymn I heard Mr. Bliss sing. It was at a meeting in Farwell Hall in Chicago [Illinois], conducted by Henry Moorehouse. A few weeks before his death Mr. Bliss visited the State prison at Jackson, Michigan, where, after a very touching address on "The Man of Sorrows," he sang this hymn with great effect. Many of the prisoners dated their conversion from that day.
When Mr. Moody and I were in Paris, holding meetings in the old church which Napoleon had granted to the Evangelicals, I frequently sang this hymn as a solo, asking the congregation to join in the single phrase, "Hallelujah, what a Saviour," which they did with splendid effect. It is said that the word "Hallelujah" is the same in all languages. It seems as though God had prepared it for the great jubilee of heaven, when all his children shall have been gathered home to sing "Hallelujah to the Lamb!"
Signs and Wonders
10 Things That Are Going To Happen Within 15 Days
Of The End Of The Shemitah
Is a great shaking coming to America? An amazing convergence of events is going to take place during the last several weeks of September 2015. Many are suggesting that this could indicate that something really big is about to happen. In fact, some vendors of emergency food are reporting shortages because so many people are stocking up on food and supplies in anticipation of what is coming. And of course the list I am about to share with you is not necessarily exhaustive. There are events that are currently unknown or unanticipated that could also fall during this time frame. But without a doubt, the incredible confluence of events that we already know will happen appears to be unlike anything that we have ever experienced before. (Right Side News) Read the full article by going here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
"God Told Me to Paddle Back" Says 6-Year-Old
Saved from Drowning by Prayer and Grandpa
(Redmond, WA)-Six-year-old Alexander Smith is thankful he and his grandfather are alive today to share about their incredible survival in the frigid waters of Washington's Puget Sound after their kayak capsized super, super, super, fast like." Both were wearing life jackets when the accident occurred.
The two were subsequently separated for nearly an hour-and-a-half after Alexander's grandfather, 74-year-old Eldon Ross, righted the kayak, but was too exhausted to lift himself in. As he began drifting away, he told his grandson to pray, and then began praying himself.
Several reports quote Alexander as saying, God told me to paddle back." Which he did, even though he had just learned to use a paddle earlier that same day.
Alexander's mother, Jeni Smith, reportedly saw her son nearing shore in the kayak by himself and quickly paddled out to meet him. When she asked him where his grandpa was, Alexander replied, He's out floating in the water, but grandpa's up in Heaven."
Thankfully, the Coast Guard was immediately alerted and Ross was found before he slipped into eternity.
(Breaking Christian News) Read more here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
I Am The God That Healeth Thee
by Don Moen
Thank You, Lord . . .