Announcing: THE DELIVERANCE and DESTINY of AMERICA
National Conference Calls Every Wednesday
For details, please go here.
Sponsored by a Coalition of National Prayer Ministries
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, August 10, 2015
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose
under the heaven . . ." (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:11)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Palestinian strikes three IDF soldiers with vehicle in West Bank terror attack - Jerusalem Post
A Palestinian terrorist struck and wounded three soldiers as they walked with their unit on the side of Route 60, near the Shiloh junction in the West Bank around 3 p.m. on Thursday.
Two of the soldiers were seriously wounded, and were transported - one by helicopter and the other by ambulance - to Hadassah University Medical Center in Jerusalem's Ein Kerem. The third soldier, Lt. Daniel Albaz, was taken to Beilinson Medical Center in Petah Tikva where he described for reporters how the white four-door car plowed into them.
"I understood that it was a terror attack," he said with his arm in a cast. Albaz explained that he was able to shoot the Palestinian driver, whose vehicle then flipped over. The driver, who was seriously wounded, was taken to Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem.
The soldiers were part of a unit that had been stationed in the area to deal with any issues that might arise in the aftermath of last week's terror attack by Jewish extremists in the nearby village of Duma, in which a Palestinian toddler burned to death after his home was torched. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask that You be in the midst of Your special land and people so that this escalating violence will be stopped. We stand in the gap to repent for what Jewish extremists did in the village of Duma which triggered this retaliation attack on IDF soldiers in the West Bank. We ask that whomever participated in the original attack which caused the burning death of a Palestinian toddler might be quickly brought to justice. We seek mercy and full healing for the injured IDF soldiers. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "'For I am with you,' says the Lord, 'to save you; though I make a full end of all nations where I have scattered you, yet I will not make a complete end of you. But I will correct you in justice, and will not let you go altogether unpunished.'" (Jeremiah 30:11 NKJV)
2. Netanyahu Appeals to US Jews in Bid to Block Iran Deal - Bridges for Peace
Wednesday, 5 August 2015 | Editor's Note from BFP - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu yesterday intensified Israel's efforts to impede the Iran nuclear deal by making a personal appeal to Jewish groups across the United States. The web address is the latest in a series of initiatives aimed at educating US voters on the dangers of the Iran deal-and thus urging them to push their legislators to reject the deal in Congress. To read his message, please go here.
- Even as Prime Minister Netanyahu speaks clearly against the Iran nuclear agreement to a global audience, pray that the nation and people of Israel will fully put their trust in the LORD as their hope and shield.
- "Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name. Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us, just as we hope in You." (Psalm 33:20-22)
3. I don't intend to lose battle over Iran deal, vows defiant Obama - Times of Israel
Israel's security is "sacrosanct" to Washington, US President Barack Obama said in an interview to CNN aired Sunday, as he pledged to overcome American political opposition to the recently struck deal with Iran over its nuclear program. "I don't intend to lose on this," he said, referring to the battle between the administration and a Republican-dominated Congress over the Iran deal.
The president also repeated his stance that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was "wrong" about the nuclear deal with Iran and has failed to offer any viable alternatives.
Opponents to the nuclear agreement - including Netanyahu, Congressional Republicans and some Democrats - have presented no "plausible alternative[s] to Iran attaining a nuclear weapon other than military strikes," Obama said. (Read more)
4. Report: Iran furious at Hamas' warming ties with Saudis, cancels delegation's visit to Tehran - Jerusalem Post
Iran has canceled visit by a Hamas delegation to the Islamic Republic in response to Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal's visit to Tehran's rival Saudi Arabia last month, the Huffington Post's Arabic edition quoted informed sources as saying Saturday.
According to the sources, a senior official in the Iranian Revolutionary Guards met with Hamas representatives in an undisclosed Arab capital to condemn Mashaal's visit to Riyadh, saying that the trip was made against Iran's wishes.
The Iranian official expressed deep anger at the visit, according to the report, and wondered why Mashaal had immediately accepted the Saudi invitation while he had refrained from visiting Tehran for more than four years, despite an open invitation from the Iranian leadership. (Read more)
5. Top Iranian Terror Commander Meets with Putin - Israel National News
Iranian Revolutionary Guards leader Qassem Soleimani met with Russian officials last month, senior Western intelligence officials leaked to the press Friday, despite a travel ban from the UN.
Soleimani met with Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and President Vladimir Putin on July 24, Fox News reported.
Soleimani is the Iranian Revolutionary Guards commander who leads the elite Qods Force, which conducts foreign operations outside Iran's borders and directs the Islamic regime's terrorist activities throughout the world.
He arrived on Air Iran flight #5130 at 6:50 a.m. for the meeting and left on flight #5120 the following Sunday (July 26), intelligence stated. It is unclear what transpired between the top terrorist and Russian leaders.
Sanctions against Soleimani are due to be lifted in the event the Iran nuclear deal is implemented. (Read more)
6. Report: China set to provide Iran with fighter jets in $1 billion deal - Jerusalem Post
Iran is beginning to reap the fruits of its nuclear deal with the world powers. According to a report in the Taiwanese press, China is set to provide the Islamic Republic with 24 J-10 fighter jets.
In exchange, Iran will permit China access to its largest oil field for the next 20 years. The total estimated value of the deal is $1 billion.
The J-10, which is known by the moniker "Vigorous Dragon," is an advanced combat aircraft that foreign sources say is based on the original designs of the Lavi, an Israeli prototype whose manufacturing was canceled in the 1980s. (Read more)
7. 2,000-year-old Mikveh Found in Jerusalem - Bridges for Peace
A 2,000-year-old mikveh (ritual bath) containing a rare ancient message encoded in symbols and inscriptions was discovered two months ago during construction work for a nursery school in Jerusalem.
The mikveh, dating to the time of the Second Temple, was found in an underground cave during a routine Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) inspection of the construction site. An anteroom, flanked by benches, led to the bath. The walls of the mikveh were treated with ancient plaster and were adorned with numerous wall paintings and inscriptions, written in mud, soot and incising.
Among the symbols drawn on the wall are a boat, palm trees and various plant species, and possibly even a menorah. Those symbols are all common elements in visual arts in the Second Temple period. The inscriptions are Aramaic and written in cursive Hebrew script, which was customary at the end of the Second Temple period.
"There is no doubt that this is a very significant discovery," said excavation directors Royee Greenwald and Alexander Wiegmann. "Such a concentration of inscriptions and symbols from the Second Temple period at one archaeological site, and in such a state of preservation, is rare and unique and most intriguing." (Read more)
- Give praise to God that, once again, solid evidence has been uncovered revealing the ancient history of the Jewish people in Jerusalem, the city of Zion!
- "Look upon Zion, the city of our appointed feasts; your eyes will see Jerusalem, a quiet home, a tabernacle that will not be taken down; not one of its stakes will ever be removed, nor will any of its cords be broken." (Isaiah 33:20)
[Prayer offered by Bridges for Peace]
8. Weekly Prayer Update from Bridges for Peace
To read this prayer bulletin, please go here.
9. Weekly Prayer Update from Intercessors for Israel
To read this prayer bulletin, please go here.
10. Weekly Prayer Update from Hebrew Nation News
To read this prayer bulletin, please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. Two top congressional Democrats announce opposition to Iran nuclear deal - Fox News
Two top congressional Democrats announced late Thursday that they would oppose President Barack Obama's nuclear deal with Iran. Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., the No. 3 Senate Democrat, and Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., the leading Democrat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, both announced their objection to the deal in a blow to the Obama administration ahead of next month's vote.
Schumer, who said in a statement that he made his decision "after deep study, careful thought, and considerable soul-searching", is the first Senate Democrat to step forward to oppose the deal. His announcement came just hours after two other Senate Democrats - New York's Kirsten Gillibrand and New Hampshire's Jeanne Shaheen - announced their support for the international accord.
Schumer's decision also puts him at odds with the Democrats' likely presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton, who has cautiously embraced the deal. The Senate's No. 2 Democrat, Dick Durbin of Illinois, supports the accord and has been working hard to persuade lawmakers to do the same.
Engel followed Schumer's announcement with his own statement shortly after. Engel's announcement made him the second major Jewish Democratic figure from New York City to announce their opposition to Obama's accord. Engel echoed Schumer's concerns over inspecting Iran's nuclear facilities in a statement late Thursday and believes Iran is a "grave threat to international stability." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that these Jewish senators acknowledge the serious threats to not only Israel but to the rest of the world that this agreement presents. We pray that more senators will recognize these dangers and will reflect this understanding by their votes against this dangerous agreement. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "In the day of my trouble I will call upon You, for You will answer me." (Psalm 86:7 NKJV)
2. Pentagon Targeted By Russian Hack Attack - WND
An advanced level of cyber war has been detected where Russia was targeting the unclassified email system at the Pentagon's Joint Staff, according to a number of reports on Thursday.
The "sophisticated cyber intrusion" happened around July 25 and "affected some 4,000 military and civilian personnel who work for the Joint Chiefs of Staff," according to a report at CNBC online.
NBC cited its "sources" to explain, "It appears the cyber attack relied on some kind of automated system that rapidly gathered massive amounts of data and within a minute distributed all the information to thousands of accounts on the Internet. The officials also report the suspected Russian hackers coordinated the sophisticated cyber assault via encrypted accounts on social media."
It's not the first, nor the largest, hacking attack in recent weeks and months. But officials described, "It was clearly the work of a state actor."
U.S. officials said they shut the system down when the threat was detected and the system is expected to be operating again soon. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, increasingly we are hearing reports of how computer systems are being easily accessed by 'unfriendly' people and nations, with data stolen. We acknowledge that technology is now expanding so quickly that security measures are lagging behind these advances. Therefore we seek direction from You as to how to secure and protect our important personal and national data from these kinds of attacks. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You." (Jeremiah 32:17 NKJV)
3. Most states waiving work requirements for food stamps, despite improving job market - Fox News
Most states still are waiving work requirements for those on food stamps, raising concerns that despite an improving job market the Obama administration is feeding government dependency -- and all at the expense of taxpayers. Forty-four of the 50 states have to some degree eased work requirements for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps: 30 states grant waivers state-wide, while another 14 issue partial waivers in areas of high unemployment.
"The explosion of enrollment on SNAP of able-bodied adults without requiring work is a recipe for long-term dependency, and is hurting the country's economic recovery," said Senior Fellow at the Foundation for Government Accountability (FGA) Josh Archambault, whose group obtained the numbers. Supporters of waiving work requirements counter that there still aren't enough jobs out there. "It's in our nation's best interest to identify ways to get Americans back to work by making programs like SNAP more efficient and accountable," he said in a statement.
A spokesman with the USDA's Food and Nutrition Service told Fox News that SNAP recipients still are expected to seek and accept work, if they are able -- though most states do not make that a requirement. "We are focused on putting people back to work and reducing SNAP participation and costs in the right way," spokesman Jalil Isa told Fox News. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, may the people in charge of this program within individual states be led by You alone when judging who needs this help. May they have a special discernment to know if jobs truly are available within a certain area and when those who receive 'food stamps' need to try harder in seeking work. Just because jobs are being added somewhere within the nation does not mean the recipients of 'food stamps' would qualify for the jobs. We ask that You guide this entire process. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "And let our people also learn to maintain good works, to meet urgent needs ,that they may not be unfruitful." (Titus 3:14 NKJV)
4. Illegal Alien Crime Accounts for over 30% of Murders in Many States - Brietbart
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump deserves credit for forcing all 17 Republican candidates to talk about the social costs of illegal immigration, but it is not "Trump's issue." We will be making a fatal mistake if we let the media discuss it that way.
Let's look at a few numbers. You haven't seen them in the New York Times, Atlanta Constitution, or the Miami Herald, nor have they been featured on NBC Nightly news or CNN. So, the average American is blissfully unaware of them.
Between 2008 and 2014, 40% of all murder convictions in Florida were criminal aliens. In New York it was 34% and Arizona 17.8%. During those years, criminal aliens accounted for 38% of all murder convictions in the five states of California, Texas, Arizona, Florida and New York, while illegal aliens constitute only 5.6% of the total population in those states.
That 38% represents 7,085 murders out of the total of 18,643.That 5.6% figure for the average illegal alien population in those five states comes from US Census estimates. We know the real number is double that official estimate. Yet, even if it is 11%, it is still shameful that the percentage of murders by criminal aliens is more than triple the illegal population in those states. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we fall before You in repentance due to our personal and national sinfulness which has allowed the breakdown of law and order within our country. We seek Your direction and mercy, Father, as to how to combat this violence, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Will You not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You?" (Psalm 85:6 NKJV)
5. Planned Parenthood Hit With Defamation Charge - WND
In response to the release of an ongoing series of devastating undercover videos revealing Planned Parenthood executives haggling over prices to charge for baby body parts and the best ways of aborting unborn children to preserve the most valuable organs, the beleaguered organization's president has repeatedly lashed out at the pro-life group behind the videos, the Center for Medical Progress.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America president Cecile Richards has repeatedly alleged that, "The folks behind this, in fact, are part of the most militant wing of the anti-abortion movement that has been behind, you know, the bombing of clinics, the murder of doctors in their homes, and in their - in their churches - that's what actually needs to be - to be looked at."
Now one of CMP's board members, Troy Newman, head of Operation Rescue, has dispatched a cease and desist letter to Richards and Planned Parenthood, demanding a full retraction. "I cannot stand by while Planned Parenthood's Cecile Richards and ABC News air false allegations against me that are now being repeated as fact in numerous news sources," Newman said in a press release. "I have never condoned violence against abortion providers or businesses and Richards' patently false statements against me must be retracted," he said. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that the truth of what occurs within Planned Parenthood is being exposed for many to hear and see. We ask You to rise up and cover with protection those people who are presenting these truths. May this exposure which is seeking life and protection of the unborn be 'heard' clearly enough so that these monstrous acts may be shut down and not funded any further by our tax dollars. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "The righteous God wisely considers the house of the wicked, overthrowing the wicked for their wickedness." (Proverbs 21:12 NKJV)
6. Black Pastors Ask Smithsonian to Remove Bust of Planned Parenthood Founder - CNS News
A group of black pastors sent a letter to the director of the Smithsonian Institution's National Portrait Gallery asking that the bust of Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger be removed from the museum's "Struggle for Justice" exhibit, citing her support for eugenics and the targeting of minorities by the nation's largest abortion provider.
"Perhaps the Gallery is unaware that Ms. Sanger supported black eugenics, a racist attitude toward black and other minority babies, an elitist attitude toward those she regarded as 'the feeble minded . . ." the letter from Ministers Taking a Stand states.
"Also the notorious 'Negro Project,' which sought to limit, if not eliminate black births, was her brainchild," the letter states. "Despite these well- documented facts of history, her bust sits proudly in your gallery as a hero of justice. "The obvious incongruity is staggering!" the letter states. (Read more)
- Abba Father, may the staff at the Smithsonian Institution's National Portrait Gallery be convicted within their spirits of the truth which these black pastors are presenting to them. The Smithsonian does not need to be honoring honoring someone like Margaret Sanger as 'a hero of justice'. This woman held a deep sense of racial hatred and bigotry which was reflected in many of the projects with which she was involved. We pray for Your true justice to be enacted, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations." (Psalm 100:5 NKJV)
7. Guess Which State Is Now The THIRD To Defund Planned Parenthood? - LifeSite News
The state of Alabama has announced it will end its Medicaid contract with Planned Parenthood after undercover videos showed the organization's national leaders casually discussing the harvesting and sale of body parts harvested from aborted babies. Gov. Robert Bentley announced in a letter to Staci Fox, the CEO of Planned Parenthood Southeast, that the state is "exercising its ability to terminate the existing agreement" with the agency "with 15 days written notice."
The move follows a similar action by Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, who announced he was restricting state funds from going to the abortion provider on Monday. The New Hampshire Executive Council voted to deprive Planned Parenthood of Northern New England of $650,000 in taxpayer funds yesterday. Both cited the videos in their decision.
The move also comes the same day the Alabama Senate Finance and Taxation General Fund committee approved a bill to make selling aborted babies' body parts a Class B felony, punishable by two to 20 years in prison, under Alabama state law. The 12-1 vote sends the bill to the full state Senate. (Read more)
- Lord God, we praise You that, if our federal Congress did not have the courage to take this action, three of our states are now doing this. In this day and age, there is absolutely no reason to fund an organization that is engaged in this barbaric practice -- no matter how much they try to sugar coat the truth. Praise the Lord, Father God. We ask that all of our states would follow this lead until every PP Clinic in this nation is shut down. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power . . ." (Psalm 110:3)
8. Houston mayor seeks to bulldoze historic black church - WND
As the reputation of the Fifth Ward slowly improved, so did its property values. Downtown Houston started expanding into the ward, and developers started eying the aging mom-and-pop businesses and, yes, even the churches.
The city began an aggressive urban redevelopment plan, bulldozing older housing, shops and other establishments to make way for glitzy, more profitable, more taxable developments. The city is now targeting the two historic black churches.The city tried to purchase the churches' land in the past. Each time, pastors Kossie and Smith refused.
Now, the city, working through the Houston Housing Authority, is threatening to use its powers of eminent domain to bulldoze the Christian Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church and take some of the property of the Latter Day Deliverance Revival Center.
Area residents and friends formed the Fifth Ward Legal Defense Fund on March 25 to offer legal aid and support to Fifth Ward residents, businesses and churches whose properties are targeted for acquisition through eminent domain. Kossie says he has often repeated to his congregation that the Lord told him "not to let anyone melt or pour you out of the Fifth Ward" because the area was going to be revitalized and revived. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask that You send Your special angelic warriors to protect these churches which were so involved in healing and strengthening this community, and who honor You. May the greed that is driving these threats of eminent domain action be crushed and shattered by the Blood Bought Cross of Jesus Christ driven down through all the plots and schemes being acted upon now. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them." (Psalm 34:7 NKJV)
9. Ferguson marks anniversary of shooting that rocked nation - USA Today
Hundreds of family members, activists and supporters gathered Sunday at the spot where Michael Brown was killed by a white police officer to mark the first anniversary of the shooting that rocked the nation and shined a spotlight on race relations in America.
Brown's father, Michael Brown Sr., shared only a few words, thanking those who stood by him since his son was killed. "You made this happen for us," Brown said, explaining that his son's name and case gained notoriety because thousands of people supported the family by protesting.
Rows of teddy bears, flowers and balloons sat in the middle of the road as a growing open air memorial the African American teen. A more permanent memorial - an image of a dove carved into a cement sidewalk - was nearby. At 12:02 p.m., a 4 1/2-minute moment of silence represented the time Wilson shot Brown and the length of time his lifeless body lay in the street. (Read more)
- Lord God, we offer You praise that, one year later, we are seeing teddy bears on the streets of Ferguson, instead of violent rioters. Lord God, we know that critical issues remain with race relations, and with the interface between law enforcement officers and the public, but Lord, we do thank You for the gift of peace. In the name of Jesus Christ we offer this prayer, amen and amen.
- "Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." (James 5:16)
UPDATE: We have been advised that acts of civil disobedience are planned in Ferguson on Monday. Please remain in prayer over this city. Thank you.
10. ISIS Abducts Dozens of Christians from Syrian Town - International Christian Concern
At Least 230 People, Including 45 Women and 11 Children, Taken after Heavy Fighting between ISIS and the Syrian Army
Islamic State militants have captured dozens of Christian families after seizing a strategically located town in the central Syrian province of Homs, according to a monitor from the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights on Friday. The monitor said at least 230 people were kidnapped or detained, including dozens of Christians, some of whom were taken from the Dar Alyan monastery in Qaryatain, the town captured overnight after intense fighting with the Syrian army.
Rami Abdulrahman, the head of the Observatory, said the Christians were "either kidnapped from checkpoints or raids or from churches." Among those seized were 45 women and 19 children, including 11 families, some of whom were on a list of persons suspected by the militant group of "collaborating with the regime." The families of hundreds of Christian and Muslim residents of Qaryatain have lost contact with them since the militants captured the area, according to Abdulrahman. He fears that ISIS may also target other Christian population centers in Hawwarin and Sadad. (Read more here)
See also: "Iraqi Christians who fled ISIS living in limbo while in exile" - Fox News (Go here)
- Lord, Your eye is on the sparrow! And you see all of this. Let Your anger and power overwhelm this barbaric army of jihadists, and cause them to bow before You!! We plead Your Blood, Jesus, over each of these who have been abducted! Shield them from the barbarism of their abductors. May the King of all Heavenly Armies keep these children of His safe! Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayers for our brothers and sisters in Christ, helpless today in a faroff land, amen.
- "When evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell. Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, In spite of this I shall be confident." (Psalm 127:2,3)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Seeking truth in Middle East policy
From the beginning of this Administration, America was on a track to elevate Islam over Israel and that is why we are having the debate on Iran. On June 4, 2009, during his landmark outreach speech to Islam, the US "president" compared with moral equivalency the holocaust where six million Jews were systematically executed with the plight of the Palestinian people who were allegedly displaced by the establishment of Israel. He said, "Threatening Israel with destruction - or repeating vile stereotypes about Jews - is deeply wrong. . . preventing the peace that the people of this region deserve. On the other hand, it is also undeniable that the Palestinian people - Muslims and Christians - have suffered in pursuit of a homeland."
His use of the "on the other hand" phrase equates what the Jews suffered at the hands of Hitler with giving "Palestinians" a state of their own. He said, "But if we see this conflict only from one side or the other, then we will be blind to the truth: the only resolution is for the aspirations of both sides to be met through two states, where Israelis and Palestinians each live in peace and security." He speaks of truth throughout his Palestinian presentation, but never mentions terrorism, counting it as mere "violence" and saying, "It's a story with a simple truth: that violence is a dead end. . .That is not how moral authority is claimed; that is how it is surrendered." The "president's" truth is based on a historic lie.
The real truth is that Israel has sought to live in peace since it was reestablished as a state in 1948. It is the Islamists who have prevented peace--first by conducting three wars against Israel where it was said by the Islamic leaders that the desert will be flooded with the blood of the Jews, then by terrorists acts of the Palestinians. There is no moral equivalency in defending oneself as a nation and murdering the innocent because of the existence of that nation. Yet in his speech, he ceded this moral equivalency as the new American beginning with Islam. He equated terrorism with the right to exist as a legitimate state and said that if one looks at the issue from one side, he is missing the truth.
The truth is that the Palestinian Liberation Organization, now the Palestinian Authority, and Hamas are terrorist organizations elected by the Palestinians. Their sole purpose is the annihilation of Israel. Equating terrorists groups with Israel to establish a new truth is immoral. The truth is that Americans better be on their knees in repentance and prayer because the actions of the White House against Israel will surely bring God's wrath upon this nation. In Zechariah 12:3 , the Lord says, "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Thursday, August 6, 2015
Health Risk: Second hand political smoke
There is a lot of back room political smoke being blown around in the carbon-sensitive bowels of Washington, DC these days. The attack on the Constitution and the American people by an overreaching and ever growing illegal socialist government is unrelenting. Yet the American people are not standing; they are not rising up against the red tide of those who hate freedom, who hate God, who love their power, their lives, their authority more than their fellow man and country. These are those who feign compassion to gain control; who masquerade as peace lovers and civil rights guardians to create crisis and division to conquer what is good and right. Where are the patriots? Where are the Christians?
They cannot see through the smoke because it has become so intense--like that aftermath of massive destruction. The feeling is that of weariness, of confusion, of hopelessness against the dark tsunami of issues, against the unrelenting attack of the mockers, the taunters, the ones who promote evil as good and characterize good as hate, ignorance and a threat to humanity. Herein lies the motivation of the heart. Is the power of evil and deceit so far greater than the Christ that lives in every Christian? Is the barrage of the issues before us so intense that we cannot engage our present lives in a hedge against the advance of bondage? Have we become so stunned, so numbed, that our only action is inaction?
Many say we lack a true leader--one we can trust who is not swayed by politics or by party, but only by what is true and just and right; one who has God's law written upon his heart and the blood of justice throbbing through his veins. Where is this one? And how long will it be before he steps into his calling? These are questions asked by those who care. This counterrevolution, as it may be called, cannot find its solace in politics, or its leader from the political arena because like will dissolve like. There is a leader in each of us who proclaim Christ as their Lord and Savior. Each of us has a role to play in preserving our lives, liberties and pursuits of happiness. The Word of God encourages to do so.
We should each stir ourselves to bring out the Christ in us who as Galatians 5:1 describes as the Liberty who has made us free. We must care enough to pursue a greater good. The beginnings of this movement must look to the Lord first with repentance and a clear heart and then act with the power of God. As Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 1:7, "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love and of a sound mind." Psalm 20:7, "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God." The leader we need is Christ. We find him within. He shines his light through us. Trust in God, act in faith. Otherwise, we will perish by breathing the second hand political smoke.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Obama and The Ayatollah
Obama Compares Nuke Deal Critics To The Ayatollah
Can he sink any lower with demagoguery? Probably not. In a speech at American University defending his disastrous Iranian nuclear deal, President Obama said this:
"Just because Iranian hardliners chant 'Death to America!' does not mean that's what all Iranians believe. In fact, it's those hardliners who are most comfortable with the status quo. It's those hardliners who are chanting 'Death to America!' who are most opposed to the deal. They are making common cause with the Republican Caucus."
The leftists in training at American University laughed and applauded. But most insiders on Capitol Hill and in the media were astonished by this smear. They shouldn't have been - this is Obama's default position. When in doubt, demonize your opposition.
- Of course not "all Iranians" chant "death to America." But the ones who do chant it happen to run the country.
- The leader of the chant is the Ayatollah Khamenei who will reap the benefits of this deal and have billions of additional dollars to spend on terrorism and killing Americans and Israelis.
- The deal Obama is selling not only lifts sanctions on Iran, it specifically lifts sanctions on the very "hardliners" Obama says don't represent the Iranian people. The Revolutionary Guard Corps, which is the center of Iran's ideological commitment to destroying the U.S. and Israel, will receive billions. Sanctions are also removed on Iran's Cruise Missile Industry Group whose missiles could sink a U.S. aircraft carrier.
Finally, it is worth asking this question. Why does Obama always talk tougher, meaner and more aggressively when he is dealing with his domestic political opposition than when he talks about Iran, whose leaders promise to kill all of us?
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, August 9 - Saturday, August 15
To read this powerful study, about the life of JOSHUA, please go here.
To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
THE CHURCH'S ONE FOUNDATION
"No one can lay any foundation other than the one that has been laid; that foundation is Jesus Christ." (1Corinthians 3:11)
The Church's one foundation
Is Jesus Christ her Lord,
She is His new creation
By water and the Word.
From heaven He came and sought her
To be His holy bride;
With His own blood He bought her
And for her life He died.
She is from every nation,
Yet one o'er all the earth;
Her charter of salvation,
One Lord, one faith, one birth;
One holy Name she blesses,
Partakes one holy food,
And to one hope she presses,
With every grace endued.
'Mid toil and tribulation,
And tumult of her war,
She waits the consummation
Of peace forevermore;
Till, with the vision glorious,
Her longing eyes are blest,
And the great Church victorious
Shall be the Church at rest.
[To read all the lyrics, please go here.]
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Samuel J. Stone, 1866
Music: Samuel S. Wesley, 1864
Signs and Wonders
Category 5: Super Typhoon Soudelor is world's most powerful storm
THIS is now officially the world's biggest category 5 typhoon, which has left a trail of devastation in its wake.
While estimates of the cost of damage to areas like the Marianas are yet to come in, super Typhoon Soudelor developed into the world's most powerful storm of the year by (last) Tuesday as it took aim at Japan, Taiwan and China.
The storm was roaring across the western Pacific Ocean packing wind gusts up to 220 miles per hour (354km/h) according to the Joint Typhoon Warning Center which rated it a maximum category five.
It was stronger than Cyclone Pam, the previous strongest storm of 2015, which killed at least 15 people when it slammed into Vanuatu, also in the Pacific, five months ago.
It was so big it can be seen eating across the ocean from space. (Source: News.com.au) Read more.
- Father, we lift up all whose lives have been impacted by this monstrous storm. Meet their needs, Abba, we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:19)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Praise God for the Release of Two Pastors in Sudan
We praise God for releasing the Christian pastors jailed in Sudan. It was just one month ago we sent an Emergency Prayer Alert on behalf of these two men. Many Christians across the globe prayed for their release. You recall they were were arrested and charged with crimes, "inciting hatred" and "breaching public peace." The court gave their lawyers an "impossible" time limit to prepare their cases and prepare his clients. Sometimes God waits until it is impossible for man so that He gets the glory. On 5 August they were released on time served. "The sentence they served is enough. Release them immediately and return their mobile phones and laptops," said Judge Ahmed Ghaboush from Khartoum North Central Court.
Yat Michael and Peter Yein Reith were also accused of spying, crimes carrying the death penalty, but they were actually arrested for their Christian faith. When news broke, there was an international outcry. Among those advocating for the pastors was the American Center for Law and Justice. Michael said, "They released us today. We are happy. We had heard that we won't be released. But praise God!"
Reith added, "Thank you for all that you have done for us. God heard your prayers and we are free!" The two were stopped 8 August at the Khartoum airport after trying to leave the country; however, this may be due to an earlier 23 March ban. The appeal for the flight ban will be heard 9 August.
PRAISE: We praise God for His miraculous timing and release of Pastor Michael and Pastor Reith from a maximum-security prison. May Christians everywhere take courage from this report and be faithful in submitting all petitions to our Heavenly Father Who hears them. (Mark 11:24)
(Source: WIN Prayer Network)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Your Presence is Heaven - Israel Houghton
Praise You, Lord!
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.
ABOUT CAPITOL HILL PRAYER PARTNERS
To learn more about our ministry, and to sign up to begin receiving our daily alerts, please go here.