SPECIAL! Lee Greenwood and
the Jay Sekulow Band:
"GOD BLESS THE USA"
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, July 6, 2015
"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:15)
REMINDER FOR THIS MORNING!
THE RESPONSE: CONFERENCE CALL
Access Code: 648573#
8:30am Central / 9:30am Eastern Standard
National Security Alert
National Security Alert:
Heightened Alert during the month of Ramadan . . .
"But the LORD is with me like a dread champion; Therefore my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. They will be utterly ashamed, because they have failed, With an everlasting disgrace that will not be forgotten." (Jer. 20:11)
1. Saudis tried to shield students from scandal at Montana Tech - The Missoulian
A group of Saudi students caught in a cheating scandal at a Montana college were offered flights home by their kingdom's diplomats to avoid the possibility of deportation or arrest, according to a cache of Saudi Embassy memos recently published by WikiLeaks and a senior official at the school involved. (Read more)
2. "Strict Muslim" indicted on terrorism charges in murder of New Jersey college student - CBS Local
Ali Muhammad Brown Allegedly Said He Was On 'Bloody Crusade' To Punish U.S. (Read more)
3. Sex slavery and the Islamic State - Online Opinion (Australia)
. . . There have been many cases reported across the centuries of Islamic armies using captive women for sex slavery, but is this any different from all wars? It is different in one important respect, that the mainstream of Islamic jurisprudence has justified and supported this practice on the basis of Islam's canonical sources, including Muhammad's own example and teaching. Islamic sex slavery is religiously sanctioned 'guilt-free sex'. . . (Read more)
4. Muslim Lawyer Tells Kids 'ISIS is Just Propaganda' and 'Extremism Doesn't Lead to Terrorism' - Breitbart
Ibtihal Bsis, a presenter on the London-based Islam TV channel and member of the radical Hizb ut-Tahrir group, tells the meeting in Southampton that as Muslims they are being oppressed and accuses the government of deliberately exaggerating the ISIS threat as an excuse to hound Muslims.
"ISIS are a nobody and they are a nothing; they are allowing them to grow . . . they are using them for propaganda."
She also denies that holding radical views leads people to join Islamic State.
"'If you have an extremism [sic] you're on a pathway to terrorism'. Incidentally there is no evidence for that at all. None" (Read more)
5. Canada Puts New Law to Use, Moves to Revoke Citizenship of Convicted Terrorist - NewsVice.com (Canada)
A controversial Canadian law that allows the government to strip citizenship from convicted terrorists will now have its first test case, providing a preview of what could happen in countries considering similar legislation, including Australia.
Canada's immigration minister has begun the process of revoking Hiva Alizadeh's citizenship, VICE News has confirmed, using sweeping new powers under the "Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act," previously known as Bill C-24. (Read more)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Senior Hamas Member Condemns Sinai Terrorism - Israel National News
Hamas on Friday for the first time openly condemned the ongoing terrorism in the Sinai Peninsula. Hamas official Mousa Abu Marzouk said that he condemns the series of recent terror attacks which he said "undermine our security", according to Yedioth Ahronoth.
Abu Marzouk explained that Hamas has improved its relations with Egypt recently, saying, "We've worked hard to strengthen relations with Egypt which have indeed grown stronger. We are always interested in good relations with Egypt, and in this case only one side could break off the relations. I condemn the events in Sinai."
2. Hamas, Hezbollah, Revolutionary Guards said to meet in Beirut
- Times of Israel
Senior members of the Palestinian terror group Hamas and the Lebanese terror group Hezbollah met with officials from Iran's Revolutionary Guards Corps for an iftar meal [breaking of the Ramadan fast] in Beirut this week, according to Palestinian media reports.
The unusual rendezvous was not looked upon favorably by some in Hamas, given Iran's (and Hezbollah's) role in Syria, where Palestinians find themselves on the opposite side of the civil war. (Read more)
3. IDF source: Commander shoots Palestinian dead after vehicle ambushed - Jerusalem Post
The commander of the Judea and Samaria Division's Binyamin Brigade shot and killed a Palestinian attacker on Friday morning, the IDF confirmed. Palestinians began throwing stones at Col. Israel Shomer's vehicle and in response, after firing warning shots he opened fire and killed one of them. (Read more)
4. Israel angrily warns powers caving to Iran in nuke talks - Times of Israel
Jerusalem reacted furiously over reports Saturday that world powers were closing in on a long-sought pact that would see the lifting of sanctions in exchange for curbs on Tehran's nuclear program.
Officials in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office accused the six world powers negotiating with Iran of caving to the Islamic Republic's demands, breaking even their own publicly stated "red-line" demands.
"With each passing day, the concessions from the powers to Iran are growing and growing," a statement from Netanyahu's office read. "Concessions over the inspections regime, concessions on how sanctions will be lifted, concessions on the amount of centrifuges, research and development of advanced centrifuges and more." (Read more)
5. Sinai rockets: Third rocket found - Jerusalem Online
The third rocket that was found today exploded in an open area in the Eshkol Regional Council. As reported yesterday, a terror organization affiliated with ISIS, which attacked the Egyptian army in recent days, claimed responsibility for firing three rockets and said it fired because of Israel's "repeated crimes." (Read more)
6. Head of Israel Police Fraud Unit Brigadier General Ephraim Bracha commits suicide - Jerusalem Online
Brigadier General Ephraim Bracha, a senior official from the Investigations Unit of the Israeli Police, committed suicide. The senior officer, serving as the head of the National Fraud Unit, was found dead in his car this morning.
Bracha, 55-years-old and a resident of Modi'in, is survived by his wife and four children. Around 5:00 am, a passerby spotted the car on the side of the road and alerted rescue services. A team of Magen David Adom paramedics arrived at the scene and performed CPR on him, but finally had to determine the death of the officer.
7. Egypt kills 63 gunmen in north Sinai - security sources - Times of Israel
Egypt on Sunday killed 63 Islamist gunmen in the northern Sinai Peninsula, carrying out a series of airstrikes and ground operations against an Islamic State affiliate group, security sources said.
Apache helicopters and infantry attacked hideouts in villages between the towns of Sheikh Zuweid and Rafah, on the border with the Gaza Strip, according to a Reuters report. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Greeks Reject Austerity, Setting Up Euro Showdown - Bloomberg
Greece voted against yielding to further austerity demanded by creditors, leaving Europe's leaders to determine if the renegade nation can remain in the euro. Sixty-one percent of voters backed Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras's rejection of further spending cuts and tax increases in an unprecedented referendum that's also taken the country to the brink of financial collapse. Tsipras described the result as a "great victory", and said Athens would return to the negotiating table on Monday with a strengthened hand.
As the euro fell to a four-week low in Asian trading and Tsipras's supporters filled Athens's central Syntagma Square waving Greek flags, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande called for an emergency leaders' summit on Tuesday. The result turns the tables on Merkel and Greece's other creditors, who must now decide if a financial rescue of the region's most-indebted country is still possible. It significantly raises the chances of a Greek exit from the single currency, as the country's banks run out of cash and its economy staggers toward all-out collapse. Read more here. (Includes chart showing dramatic collapse of this currency.)
- Lord God, debt is debt, and no nation on the planet -- including our own -- is without sin in this matter. We ask for great wisdom for the leaders of the EU as they meet in an urgent conference call this morning (Monday) and we ask that You would rest Your hand upon the world's markets so that a "short term fix" can be established for these economies, even as all work towards a long-term solution to Greece's debt crisis. Forgive each of us, Lord, for our own greed and short sightedness in matters relating to the allocation of our resources. We turn to You, O Lord, for guidance in this year of the Shemitah. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "This means that all of creation will be shaken and removed, so that only unshakable things will remain." (Hebrews 12:27)
2. America celebrates July 4 with hot dogs and barbecues amid tightened security - Reuters
America celebrates July 4 with hot dogs and barbecues amid tightened security - Reuters Americans marched in star-spangled parades, ran relay races, gathered for fireworks shows and crowned a new world hot dog eating champion as they celebrated Independence Day in traditional style on Saturday.
Possible security threats, wildfires in the West and rainy weather on the East Coast apparently did little to dampen the spirits of celebrants decked out in red, white and blue from their headbands to their shoelaces. (Read more here)
- Father God, we thank You for hearing our heartcry, and for answering our prayers that our citizens would, indeed, enjoy a safe and happy Fourth of July this past weekend. Lord God, we know that the danger to our homeland has not gone away, but that ISIS terrorists are yet waiting to strike at any minute. We ask You to help us to remain vigilant, both in prayer and in action, so that if we "see something," we will "say something" to the appropriate law enforcement officer at the time. Thank You, Lord, for causing us all to unite as Americans and as watchmen on the wall for the safety of our loved ones and our own selves in the days ahead. We ask this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Go, set a watchman; let him declare what he sees . . ." (Isaiah 21:6)
3. Republicans look to deliver blow against ObamaCare tax - Fox News
Despite the recent Supreme Court ruling upholding ObamaCare subsidies, opponents of the law remain poised to strike a key blow against another component of the health care overhaul in a matter of months. Republicans, with help from Democrats, have gained momentum in their long-running effort to repeal the law's controversial 2.3 percent excise tax on medical devices.
The House voted 280-140 to nix the tax, which went into effect in 2013, in June; the debate heads next to the Senate. While Republicans have tried dozens of times to unravel all or parts of the law through repeal legislation, this bill has bipartisan backing -- and, with a potential veto showdown on the horizon, supporters may even have a veto-proof majority.
Scott said, "Clearly the congressional spirit is there on a bipartisan basis to get something done by the end of the year" in the Senate. (Read more)
- Abba Father, this healthcare law appears to be an 'endless nightmare' of excessive cost for very little constructive medical care. We stand in the gap before Your throne and we repent for the excessive greed and regulation involved with the medical establishment, which actually reduces the chance of good care for people's medical problems. We ask that You, Father, will deliver us from this terrible law, praying this in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen and Amen.
- "Let not a slanderer be established in the earth; let evil hunt the violent man to overthrow him. I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and justice for the poor. Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name; the upright shall dwell in Your presence." (Psalm 140:11-13 NKJV)
4. Supremes asked to rein in kid-grabbing enforcers - WND
The U.S. Supreme Court is being asked to rein in the threat-delivering, home-invading, kid-grabbing enforcers from Child Protective Services who each year target for investigation millions of children based on false and unwarranted claims, many of which are anonymous. The court is considering a case of coerced entry into a family's home by CPS workers in Arizona who were given an anonymous tip that turned out to be false. Authorities sat on the "emergency" for two months and finally summoned deputies to help them force their way into the home in violation of the Constitution's Fourth Amendment. The family sued for the constitutional violation, and the defendants split up to counterattack. The deputies, who threatened to arrest the parents but then withdrew the threat, were removed from the case by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. The social workers, who repeatedly threatened to remove the children from the family based on the false report, were cleared by the same court on a technicality. It is the dispute with the social workers that now is being brought to the U.S. Supreme Court by the Home School Legal Defense Association on behalf of John and Tiffany Loudermilk. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we seek mercy for our nation's parents who increasingly are being threatened as to their 'rights' as parents by such agencies as Child Protective Services , the medical profession, schools and just nosey, petty neighbors. Increasingly parents are being told they cannot decide what is best for the children which You have entrusted to them but are confronted with hostile, controlling actions by these types of agencies and people. Mercy, mercy, Father! We seek Your special protection and direction for all parents who truly love their children and are finding themselves targeted in a false manner. We pray this in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen and Amen.
- "It is not good to show partiality to the wicked, or to overthrow the righteous in judgment." (Proverbs 18:5)
5. Man arrested in connection with San Francisco killing had been deported several times, officials say - Fox News
The man arrested in connection with the seemingly random killing of a woman who was out for a stroll with her father along the San Francisco waterfront is an illegal immigrant who previously had been deported five times, federal immigration officials say. Further, Immigration and Customs Enforcement says San Francisco had him in their custody earlier this year but failed to notify ICE when he was released.
"DHS records indicate ICE lodged an immigration detainer on the subject at that time, requesting notification prior to his release so ICE officers could make arrangements to take custody. The detainer was not honored," ICE said in a statement Friday afternoon. Kathryn Steinle was killed Wednesday evening at Pier 14 -- one of the busiest tourist destinations in the city. Police said Thursday they arrested Francisco Sanchez in the shooting an hour after it occurred. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this report shares a clear message of the devastating consequences which have and are occurring due to some of our federal policies on illegal immigrants. We fall before Your throne and repent for all our sins, personal and national, while seeking Your direction for how to stop this kind of meaningless violence. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
-"A wicked man accepts a bribe behind the back to pervert the ways of justice." (Proverbs 17:23)
6. Rosy Jobless Numbers Cover Up Bad News - WND
Economist sifts truth from 'politically manipulated statistics'
NEW YORK - As the Obama administration announced unemployment in June had fallen to 5.3 percent, respected economist John Williams, the author of Shadow.stats.com, argued in his private subscription newsletter that the Bureau of Labor Statistics' rosy numbers were not the result of a recovering economy creating full-time jobs but a product of manipulating statistics for political purposes.
Williams pointed out that the drop in unemployment from 5.5 percent in May to 5.3 percent in June reflected 375,000 unemployed workers disappearing from the workforce. Supporting Williams' argument, the BLS also reported last week that a record 93,636,000 Americans were no longer in the labor force in June, up from 92,986,000 in May, while the labor force participation rate continued to hover near the 38-year record low, registering labor force participation at only 62.6 percent for June. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this is a devastating report of how almost only 40% of our people, who are in the normal working age range in our nation, actually have a job. This is way beyond the mere 5.3 % unemployment number that is being presented by our federal leaders. Awaken us as a people to rise up to repent and pray more fully for our nation and for Your people specifically, seeking Your plans and direction for our lives. We pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen and Amen.
- "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead." (Acts 17:30-31)
7. Putin reportedly contacts Obama for second time in weeks about unity on global concerns - Fox News
Russian President Vladimir Putin has sent a congratulatory Fourth of July message to President Obama and expressed confidence that their respective countries can work together on global issues including terror threats, according to news agencies. "In his message of congratulations, the Russian President noted that, despite the differences between the two countries, Russian-American relations remain the most important factor of international stability and security," the Kremlin said in a statement, according to NBC. The two countries, world powers and frequent rivals, have been at particular odds since the uprising in Ukraine that resulted in Russia last year annexing the country's eastern Crimea region and continuing to provide military support to government-opposition forces. The United States and Western allies have since imposed economic sanctions on Russia. However, both countries are working closely in a coalition of world powers, known as P5+1, in negotiations to keep Iran from creating a nuclear weapon.
Talks to reach a final deal have resumed this month in Vienna. "Russian-American relations remain the most important factor of international stability and security," Putin told Obama, according to CNN. It is unclear exactly how and when Putin contacted Obama. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, only You know what is actually in men's hearts so You alone know what is behind the thoughts expressed in this article. We stand before You and admit our sins and the sins of our nation, seeking mercy as to the confrontations of our nation with both the nations of Russia and China. Have mercy, Father, we ask and direct our leaders to awaken to what they are provoking. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Before destruction the heart of a man is haughty, and before honor is humility." (Proverbs 18:12)
8. Kerry: Reaching final Iran nuclear deal 'could go either way,' as deadline nears - Fox News
Secretary of State John Kerry said Sunday that the U.S. and Iran are closer to reaching a final nuclear deal but expressed uncertainty about hitting their 48-hour deadline, saying negotiations "could go either way." Kerry made his comments during a break in one-on-one talks in Vienna with Iran Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif.
Zarif said Saturday that he and Kerry's teams made significant headway by reaching a tentative agreement on some sanctions now being imposed on Iran for its nuclear program. However, the deal must be approved by diplomats from the five other world powers involved in the talks, who are returning to Vienna on Sunday. In addition, major sticking points remain on such issues as inspections of Iranian nuclear-related facilities.
"We have in fact made genuine progress but . . . we are not yet where we need to be on several of the most difficult issues," said Kerry, who was in his ninth day of negotiations in Vienna. "While I completely agree with . . . Zarif that we have never been closer, at this point, this negotiation could go either way."
The United States and the five other world powers -- Britain, China, France, Germany and Russia -- have been negotiating with Iran for two years on curtailing that country's uranium enrichment program toward creating a nuclear weapons. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that, last March, Israel's Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu warned us that: "no deal is better than a bad deal." We ask the Secretary of State now remember those words and hold the line against these negotiations, in their present form, unless and until needed changes are in place to safeguard our nation and Israel from the dangers of nuclear Iran. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "Take counsel together, but it will come to nothing; Speak the word, but it will not stand, For God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
9. Netanyahu: What's happening in Iran talks is a breakdown, not a breakthrough - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday expressed alarm at the emerging nuclear deal between western powers and Iran currently taking place in Vienna.
Speaking at the opening of the weekly cabinet meeting, Netanyahu said that "what's coming out of the nuclear talks in Vienna is not a breakthrough, it's a breakdown."
Netanyahu said that the world powers were conceding more and more with each passing day.
The emerging deal "will pave Iran's way to produce the cores of many atomic bombs and it will also flood Iran with hundreds of millions of dollars that will serve it in its aggression and its mission of terror in the region and the world," the prime minister warned. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask that the message Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is sharing with the world will be heard by our national leaders. Help us, Father. May our nation's leaders understand not to encourage devastating consequences upon us all by acting so that they can 'claim an agreement' with Iran. Remember especially Your people, Father, and deliver us from any highly destructive Iranian actions which are 'triggered' by this agreement. We pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen and Amen.
- "Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying, 'Let us break Their bonds in pieces and cast away Their cords from us.' He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; the Lord shall hold them in derision. Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him." (Psalm 2:1-4,12d)
10. 16 airstrikes destroy key sites in ISIS Syrian stronghold of Raqqa - Fox News
U.S.-led coalition forces conducted 16 airstrikes Saturday and early Sunday against key ISIS buildings and transit routes in the terror group's stronghold of Raqqa, Syria, a U.S. Army official said.
At least 16 airstrikes were reported late Saturday and early Sunday, triggering successive explosions that shook the city and created panic among residents, activists said. The U.S.-led coalition often targets ISIS-held towns and cities in Syria, but the overnight strikes on Raqqa were rare in their intensity. Raqqa is the de facto capital of the so-called Islamic caliphate declared a year ago by the Islamic State group in territories it controls in Iraq and Syria.
"The significant airstrikes tonight were executed to deny Daesh the ability to move military capabilities throughout Syria and into Iraq," Lt. Col. Thomas Gilleran said in a statement, using the Arabic acronym for the Islamic State group.
Gilleran, the spokesperson for the Combined Joint Task Force's Operation Inherent Resolve, also called it one of the "largest deliberate engagements" executed in Syria to-date. "It will have debilitating effects on [ISIS's] ability to move from Raqqa," he said. (Read more)
- Lord God, we can think of no better anniversary gift for ISIS, who exactly one year ago belligerantly announced to the world that they had arrived to rebuild and to re- establish their caliphate, than this news. We praise God that their own "capital city" -- the first one they conquered and overwhelmed last August -- has been so degraded that they are now crippled in their ability to move forward. Thank You, Lord, for this amazing answer to prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles." (Psalm 34:17)
Jonathan Cahn 4th of July Message
'America's prophet': 'End of Christian America' is here
'It's no accident we are witnessing the beginnings of persecution'
Jonathan Cahn, the Bible teacher and author who started warning nine years ago that America was facing the judgment of God if it did not reject secularism and return to its Judeo-Christian roots, says the June 26 Supreme Court ruling that legalized gay marriage in all 50 states marks the formal end to Christian America.
Barring a "miracle of God," the die has been cast, said the author of "The Harbinger" and "The Mystery of the Shemitah."
Cahn, speaking at the annual Messiah Conference at Messiah College in Pennsylvania on America's Independence Day, said the U.S. and the world are undergoing "tectonic shifts" in terms of attitudes and beliefs.
Even those who consider themselves "Christian" will continue to stray from right doctrine, he said, choosing instead to blend in with the ways of Western culture.
He said the world has entered what the apostle Paul called the "falling away" or the apostasy. This period, which marks the beginning of the "end of the age" and the soon return of Jesus Christ, will be similar to the period at the beginning of the age, when pagan Rome viciously persecuted the followers of Jesus.
But just as the early Church in the Book of Acts was marked by its "dynamic, revolutionary, counter-culture faith," the last-days remnant that refuses to conform to the decaying moral structure of modern culture will also be marked by these same dynamic characteristics.
"At the beginning it was a revolutionary, radical, underground, counter-culture and Jewish faith. It was for all people but Jewish. As it moved away (from Jerusalem) the Jewish leadership vanished. And the more this faith became embedded in Western culture, in world culture, the more this faith lost its identity," he said.
After the apostles and the early Church fathers died and the Church got cut off from its Jewish roots, it lost something, said Cahn, who was speaking to about 1,000 Messianic Jewish and gentile believers at the annual conference of the Messianic Jewish Association of America. This year's conference was also celebrating the 100th anniversary of organized Messianic Judaism, a movement of Jewish believers who came to faith in Jesus, or Yeshua, as their Messiah in 1915.
"We are watching changes of tectonic significance. Two years ago, speaking at this conference, I said the ground is shifting beneath our feet. Now I say it has shifted. If ever there was a moment that has marked America's and much of the Western civilized world's departure, of a post-Christian America, that definitive marker has come," Cahn said. "It came just two days before this conference began. It happened on June 26, 2015, when the judgment of the nation's highest court struck down the word of God concerning marriage." (Read more)
5 Things Churches Should Do re: SCOTUS Ruling
FIVE THINGS CHURCHES SHOULD DO REGARDING SAME SEX MARRIAGE LAW
The Supreme Court ruling making same sex marriage the law of the land likely means eventual legal issues for bible confessing churches. This is because it is only a matter of time before activist Judges, politicians and the like, attempt to legally force all pastors and churches to perform homosexual weddings. This is because refusing to perform SSM ceremonies is now officially considered discrimination -on a level equal to other human rights violations such as racism. (a comparison many African Americans do not agree with)
The following are five things pastors and leaders of biblically based churches should immediately do to protect themselves:
1- Have something in the church by laws that state that your church will not perform same sex weddings for members and non-members but will conduct wedding ceremonies for one man and one woman as biologically designed by birth (to protect against having to perform "transgender weddings" between those identifying themselves as a man and a woman)
2-Have a stipulation in your church bylaws that say something like " if their congregation is ever legally forced to perform same sex weddings, all clergy in their congregation will opt out of performing civil ceremonies and will only perform biblically based "covenant ceremonies" that bless the union between one man and one woman as biologically defined by their natural birth
3- Every church needs to have clear criteria regarding who qualifies to be a church member -based on the biblical standards of morality and ethics as well as a process for membership termination. Once written, this section of the by laws should be given and signed off by each person before they are accepted as official church members
4-The church should have a written policy that disallows non-members and non-attendees and or outsiders to rent and or use any of their facilities for same sex weddings and or any civil ceremonies related to marriage
5-If all else fails, and the courts eventually override church bylaws - then the only alternative left will be for biblically based clergy to engage in civil disobedience and refuse to comply with the law - irrespective of the penalties, consequences and cultural stigma they will receive.
This law certainly has the potential of separating the "chaff from the wheat" related to revealing which churches and clergy will stand up for biblical ethics and which ones will capitulate to culture more then to Christ. (By Joseph Mattera for Mattera Ministries International)
(Source: Intercessors for America)
For prayer: These suggested legal actions are no doubt helpful, but number 5 may be in many true Christians' future-i.e., peaceful civil disobedience. We know that God does not promise His people protection from the hatred and persecution of the world system. Our Lord Himself said that to follow Him involved a cross (an instrument of death). Persecution is coming. Though the American Church has largely been spared, let us all pray that we will know how to behave in "that day."
"And they [God's people] overcame him [the evil one] by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives [even] to the death [when necessary]. (Rev. 12:11) "But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: "We ought to obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29)
Christian Prayers for Ramadan
Christian Prayers for Ramadan
"Eastern South Asia: a Bible of our own"
Eastern South Asia is a crowded Room of more than 800 million inhabitants, of whom nearly 250 million are Muslims. The Room centres around the Bengali people of Bangladesh and India's state of West Bengal, but also encompasses 64 other Muslim people groups. In the midst, the Holy Spirit is giving new life in Jesus Christ to multiple movements of Muslims.
When missionary William Carey published the first Bengali Bible in 1809, most Bengalis were either Hindus or Muslims. Carey knew his choice of religious vocabulary would incline the Bible toward either the Muslim population or the Hindu. Carey tilted toward the Hindu, choosing the Sanskrit-based word Ishwar to translate the word 'God' rather than Allah or Khoda, words used by Muslims.
For the next 170 years, Carey's choice convinced Muslims that Christians worshipped some other god, likely one from the Hindu pantheon. In the early 1970s, when translators produced the first gospel portions of the contextualised Musulmani translation they adopted the word Khoda for God - an Urdu-language loan word commonly used by both Muslims and Christians in East and West Pakistan.
After the 1971 War of Liberation with West Pakistan, Bangladeshis distanced themselves from Urdu and began using the name Allah for God. Seeking to communicate with Muslims, when translators published the complete Musulmani Bengali Common Language Bible in the year 2000, they chose the word Allah for God. Though Christians in the West associate the name Allah with Islam, it is, in fact, Christian in origin. The translators knew that what distinguishes Christians from Muslims is not the name they use for God, but their theological understanding of God, and that the only way to correct the Muslim understanding of God was to give them the complete Bible in their own language.
With the appearance of the Musulmani Bengali Bible, many Muslims in Eastern South Asia are reading the Bible for themselves and coming to understand that the God of the Bible is not a Hindu deity, but the One who loves them enough to offer His own Son as a sacrifice and Saviour from their sins.
How can we pray?
Pray that many Muslims in Eastern South Asia would meet the God of the Bible through new local translations.
Pray for love and harmony between Christians from non-Muslim and Muslim backgrounds.
Pray for the millions of Muslims in Eastern South Asia who have never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ.
A Verse to Decree:
"For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2: 9-11)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
FAIREST LORD JESUS
"Who is this . . . fair as the moon, bright as the sun, majestic as the stars?" (Song of Solomon 6:10)
Fairest Lord Jesus, ruler of all nature,
O thou of God and man the Son,
Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor,
thou, my soul's glory, joy, and crown.
Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands,
robed in the blooming garb of spring:
Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer
who makes the woeful heart to sing.
Fair is the sunshine, fairer still the moonlight,
and all the twinkling starry host:
Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer
than all the angels heaven can boast.
Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations!
Son of God and Son of Man!
Glory and honor, praise, adoration,
now and forevermore be thine.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Joseph A. Seiss, 1873.
Music: Richard S. Willis, 1850
About the Hymn:
Words: Written by German Jesuits as Schönster Herr Jesu in the 17th Century. Published in the Münster Gesangbuch, 1677, and translated from German to English by Joseph A. Seiss, 1873.
Music: Crusader's Hymn Silesian folk song from Schlesische Volkslieder, 1842; arranged by Richard S. Willis, 1850.
> > > A different version was written for Lutheran hymnals. We will publish this one tomorrow.
Signs and Wonders
North Korean farmers face dry fields, drought
North Korean farmers work to pump underground water into parched fields. Instead of rice seedlings standing in flooded paddies, the baked earth is cracked. A big lake that used to supply surrounding farmland with water is almost completely dry. ...While the situation in this area visited by the AP looks grim, it is unclear how severe the drought is in the rest of the country.
"Because of the drought continuing from last year, lots of land has been damaged," said Sin Ung Hyon, chairman of the Unpha County Farm Management Committee. North Korea severely limits outside access, so state media's recent claim of the worse drought in a century has faced widespread skepticism. Pyongyang, eager for the possibility of outside assistance, has used similar phrasing to describe past droughts, and officials in rival South Korea have said there's no way to confirm exactly what's happening. (AP) Read more
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
A Story of True Freedom: How Choosing Life became a Turning Point . ..
This past May, millions of Americans gathered to pray from coast to coast in more than 43,000 local gatherings-the largest National Day of Prayer ever recorded.
As Vice Chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task Force, John Bornschein plays a key role in mobilizing this annual event. His own testimony reveals a raw, difficult journey that affirms life in unexpected ways.
In my young adult life, I went through a rebellious phase-ultimately redeemed in a way that recalls my mother's story.
A victim of sexual abuse, my mother made her way to California where she found a group of other troubled teens. In her mind, she would never again be the victim. Yet in the midst of bad choices and a lifestyle that was sure to lead her to prison, she became pregnant.
The man responsible encouraged her to abort the baby, and she did. The effects to her body were harmful. She bled horribly, and the scar tissue was severe. Suddenly aware of the brutal reality that she had just become the victim of her own choices, she cried out to God for help-a God she didn't know and resented.
But this experience didn't stop her from returning to the lifestyle she knew. It wasn't long before she became pregnant again, despite the scar tissue. Shocked and disbelieving, she again determined to end this life interruption.
As she contemplated in exasperation, the God she had cried out to answered her. At that moment, she knew she had to take a stand. God had intervened. My mother made the decision for life and chose to carry her baby to term. (Bound4Life) Read more here.
[Also reported by: Breaking Christian News]
> > > John Bornschein serves as the Vice Chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task Force. During his 20 years in ministry, he has served as a missionary and senior pastor, as well as with nonprofit groups including Mission of Mercy and Focus on the Family. He and his wife Brandi live and minister together in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
We encourage you to read ALL of John's amazing testimony, by going here. You will be richly blessed and encouraged by his words!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
I Love You Lord - Maranatha
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt & Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Restoration" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!