Praise Him, everyone!
He is LORD and He is in control!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
"When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the Lord
will lift up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:19)
It is time for Congress to ACT!
National Security Alert
National Security Alert:
Heightened Alert during the month of Ramadan . . .
"But the LORD is with me like a dread champion; Therefore my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. They will be utterly ashamed, because they have failed, With an everlasting disgrace that will not be forgotten." (Jeremiah 20:11)
1. Ignored by US Media? Sharia Law's Conflict With Rights of Women - The Clarion Project
The idea that media criticism of Islam or sharia law is somehow off limits - especially as it teaches or condones violence toward women - is also fundamentally inconsistent with our democratic values. (Read more)
2. The Islamic State Threatens to Behead the Statue of Liberty - The Clarion Project
Islamic State Twitter accounts shared the menacing photograph, while another prominent Jihadist threatened an immininent attack on UK. (Read more)
3. John Kerry: Islamic State biggest threat to U.S. today, Not Russia - Middle East Monitor
The top U.S. diplomat doesn't agree that Russia poses the greatest threat to the U.S., a State Department spokesman said Friday.
"Certainly, we have disagreements with Russia and its activities along or within the region, but we don't view it as an existential threat," said Mark Toner.
"Secretary [John Kerry] doesn't agree with the assessment that Russia is an existential threat to the United States, nor China, quite frankly." (Read more)
4. Tehran prepares for celebrations in the streets over anticipated nuclear deal - Jerusalem Post
Celebrations are expected in the streets of Tehran upon the announcement of a deal. Iranian state-run media, IRNA, says the Tehran police department is preparing to provide the security necessary to maintain order at the rallies. (Read more)
5. Billboards in Iowa are part of the 'Why Islam?' project - RadioIowa
Iowa is among 14 states that are the focus of a campaign called the "Why Islam?" project. So far, four billboards have been placed in Iowa cities which organizers say aim to decrease hatred and mistrust and promote a peaceful coexistence. Imam Jawad Ahmed is the supervisor of the effort's toll-free hotline, based in New Jersey. (Read more)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Netanyahu to Obama: Iran will get nukes, with or without breaking deal - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday evening spoke on the phone with US President Barack Obama, expressing Israel's concerns over the Iranian nuclear deal and maintaining that the Islamic Republic will obtain nuclear weapons with or without the agreement.
"The prime minister emphasized that the deal raises two main dangers: It will allow Iran to arm itself with nuclear weapons - if it keeps to the deal, at the end of the 10-15 years; if it breaks it, before then," a statement from Netanyahu's office said.
"In addition, it will pump hundreds of billions of dollars into the Iranian terror and war machine which threatens Israel and the entire world," the statement quoted Netanyahu as telling Obama.
Obama told a skeptical Netanyahu that the freshly sealed Iran nuclear deal was in Israel's "national security interest" and dispatched his secretary of defense to the Jewish state for talks. (Read more)
2. Israel and Saudi Arabia present united front over Iran deal - The Telegraph UK
The nuclear deal with Iran caused fury in Israel and consternation around the region at the likely increase in influence and resources of a newly enriched Iran.
Most telling was the loudest expression of support. "I am happy that the Islamic Republic of Iran has achieved a great victory by reaching an agreement," President Bashar al-Assad of Syria said in a message to his Iranian opposite number, Hassan Rouhani. "In the name of the Syrian people, I congratulate you and the people of Iran on this historic achievement."
Israel and the Sunni Arab world have set aside old grievances to stand together against the West's engagement with Iran. Saudi Arabia regards Shia Iran as a competitor for leadership in the Muslim world, and sees its hand behind many of the region's conflicts. The two are supporting opposite sides in wars in Syria and Yemen, while Saudi Arabia and its Gulf allies fear Iran's influence among their own Shia populations. (Read more)
3. Iran deal could lead to improved covert Arab-Israel cooperation - Jerusalem Post
If a nuclear deal is reached between world powers and Shi'ite Iran, it could stimulate covert cooperation between Israel and Sunni Arab states. However, such improved coordination would not come as a result of any real inherent change in relations between Israel and Arab countries, but because of realpolitik. Moreover, any concrete coordination would be discreet so as not to create a backlash against cooperative Arab governments. (Read more)
4. Hundreds Protest Temple Mount Discrimination: We're Human Beings - Israel National News
Veteran activist Yehuda Glick leads hundreds in Jerusalem protest, says Temple Mount campaign a struggle for human rights. (Read more)
5. Settler leaders: PM told us construction effectively frozen - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told West Bank Jewish leaders Monday night that settlement development was effectively frozen, local council leaders claimed.
According to a report on Ynet news, the prime minister told council heads during a tense meeting that "the settlements can no longer be developed and we must preserve that which exists." (Read more)
6. Rivlin: Israel Will 'Do All it Can' to Prevent Mount of Olives Desecration - Algemeiner
Israeli President Reuven Rivlin visited a section of the Mount of Olives Jewish cemetery in Jerusalem on Monday that has suffered Israeli President Reuven Rivlin visited a section of the Mount of Olives Jewish cemetery in Jerusalem on Monday that has suffered extensive vandalism, saying Israel must "do all it can to prevent such attacks."
"This is a highly sensitive area, where the majority of residents wish to live in peace and quiet, and we must put an end to the provocation. It cannot be so that in our state, we are unable to stop such terrible vandalism," said Rivlin, who was touring the Afghan section of the Jerusalem cemetery where more than 60 graves have recently been vandalized. (Read more)
7. 'Shemittah' Bill to Halt Debt Repayments Passes First Reading - Israel National News
In the spirit of the Shemittah, the Knesset on Monday passed on its first reading a law to prevent debt collection for 3 years. (Read more)
8. ADL chief warns anti-Semitism worst since WWII, even US Jewish kids feel intimidated - Times of Israel
After 50 years at the Anti-Defamation League, the last 28 as its national director, Abe Foxman is stepping down this month. He's making headlines to the end, including by castigating ex-Israeli ambassador Michael Oren for "veering into the realm of conspiracy theories" with his critiques of US President Barack Obama. But that's always been Foxman's way - calling it like he sees it, letting the chips fall where they may.
It's an approach that has made the ADL and its leader a central, frequently controversial, and always compelling element of the American Jewish leadership. And the outspokenness in the cause of justice is undoubtedly rooted in Foxman's own early biography: He survived the Holocaust as a baby in Poland because his Catholic nanny raised him as one of her own; he only found out he was Jewish after the war when his parents returned to reclaim him. "I'm a product of the worst in humankind and the best in humankind,"he said recently. (Read more)
9. California lawmakers approve measure urging action on campus anti-Semitism - JNS
The California State Assembly on Monday passed a resolution urging action on the increasingly rampant anti-Semitism on University of California (UC) campuses. A swastika that was spray-painted on the Alpha Epsilon Pi (AEPi) Jewish fraternity house at University of California, Davis. Credit: YouTube screenshot via Sacramento Bee. (Read more)
10. Jewish Man Who Fled Nazis Funds Rescue of 2,000 Christians From ISIS to Repay 'Debt' - the Algemeiner
A Jewish man in the U.K. is funding the rescue of up to 2,000 Christian families from Islamic State terrorists in Syria and Iraq to show his gratitude for the Christians who saved him from Nazi persecution, The Independent reported on Tuesday.
The resettlement project, named Operation Safe Haven, last week arranged the flight of 150 Syrian Christians to Poland, where they will seek refugee. The group aims to provide 12-18 months of paid support to the refugees, according to The Independent. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1.The day Obama awarded Iran hegemony in the Middle East - Times of Israel
Iranian President Hasan Rouhani's passionate speech Tuesday hailing the nuclear deal with world powers underlines the scale of Iran's achievement facing the West and the Middle East, and his own victory against more conservative forces at home. As Rouhani put it, "Today we stand at a fateful, historic crossroads for our state and for the revolution. It is the start of a new chapter."
The agreement Iran struck with the P5+1 powers ensures Rouhani's political survival; more significantly, it ensures the survival of the ayatollah regime.
US President Barack Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry essentially determined the future of the Middle East, and established Iran's hegemony in the region at the expense of Saudi Arabia and the Sunni world. Rouhani and Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khomeinei, who approved the accord, understood that they didn't need to get the bomb in order to become the key regional power. It would be enough to become a nuclear threshold state with billions of additional dollars at its disposal and to achieve greater influence in the Middle East.(Read more)
- Abba Father, the $64,000 question is: will Iran honor the deal? This deal has stabbed many of Iran's neighbors in the back, including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Jordan, Egypt and Israel. Forgive us for voting Obama into office. It has become increasingly apparent that he has not come to bless our country nor our allies. Have mercy on us O Lord though we do not deserve it. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.
-"They bend their tongue like their bow; Lies and not truth prevail in the land; For they proceed from evil to evil, And they do not know Me," declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 9:3)
2. Does this Deal Prevent Iran from Developing a Nuclear Weapon? - Gatestone Institute
Does the proposed deal with Iran actually prevent the Mullah's from ever developing a nuclear weapon? Or does it merely delay them for a period of years? That is the key question that has not yet been clearly answered.
In his statement on the deal, President Obama seemed to suggest that Iran will never be allowed to develop a nuclear weapon. He said that this "long-term deal with Iran... will prevent it from obtaining a nuclear weapon." He then repeated this assurance: "because of this deal, the international community will be able to verify that the Islamic Republic of Iran will not be able to develop a nuclear weapon." These seemingly categorical statements were intended to assure the world that President Obama would keep his earlier promise that Iran will never be allowed to develop nuclear weapons. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we thank You that You know all things and nothing escapes You. We humbly ask that You would expose the hidden things in this nuclear agreement before it is ratified. We ask that You would give double discernment and wisdom to our Congress. Lord, we humbly ask that You would not allow us to be hoodwinked. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.
- "Our terrible sins may demand that we be punished. But if you rescue us, LORD, everyone will see how great you are." (Jeremiah 14:7)
3. Iran deal: Why did Obama leave behind a Christian pastor and 3 others, to be tortured by Iranian Islamists? - Fox News
Tuesday President Obama betrayed Israel and the American people. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said it best. He called the deal a "bad mistake of historic proportions."It was a deal made out of either sheer ignorance -- or out of more nefarious reasons.
Who in their right mind would negotiate in good faith with an enemy who wants to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth and whose citizens are marching in the streets shouting death to America?
Lost in this diplomatic debacle is the fate of four Americans held hostage by the Islamic Republic of Iran. One of those men is Saeed Abedini -- an Idaho pastor -- thrown in prison because of his Christian faith. For nearly three years he has been tortured at the hands of his Muslim captors.
President Obama promised Pastor Saeed's family that his release would be a top priority -- but his words were meaningless. So now Pastor Abedini's wife is turning to Congress -- pleading with our elected leaders to save her husband's life. "I plead with Congress to ensure that my husband, an American citizen, is not left behind," Naghmeh Abedini said. (Read more)
- Abba Father, It is unconscionable of this administration to have abandoned the four Americans held in prison in Iran. President Obama brought home Sgt. Bergdohl, but couldn't or wouldn't negotiate the release of these Americans. Who in their right mind would negotiate with an enemy who wants to wipe Israel and the USA off the earth? Who is this man that we have in the White House? Deliver us O Lord from this evil. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, Amen
- "Let everyone be on guard against his neighbor, And do not trust any brother; Because every brother deals craftily, And every neighbor goes about as a slanderer. "Everyone deceives his neighbor And does not speak the truth, They have taught their tongue to speak lies; They weary themselves committing iniquity. "Your dwelling is in the midst of deceit; Through deceit they refuse to know Me," declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 9:4-6)
4. After Nuke Deal, Saudi Warns Iran Against Inciting Turmoil - New York Times
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's state news agency says the kingdom has warned Iran against abusing funds that will follow from the landmark nuclear deal to incite turmoil in the region. The Saudi Press Agency says Tehran must use the resources in the service of the Iranian people, "rather than using them to cause turmoil in the region."
The statement says the kingdom has always stressed the importance of reaching a deal that would prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon, a deal which includes a mechanism for permanent inspections of nuclear sites and a mechanism to re-impose sanctions if Iran violates the deal. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we thank You that the Saudis are warning Iran to not incite turmoil in the region. The Saudis know their neighbors and what they are about! We pray that the Saudis will be a strong voice in the neighborhood. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.
- "Now,gird up your loins and arise, and speak to them all which I command you. Do not be dismayed before them, or I will dismay you before them. Now behold, I have made you today as a fortified city and as a pillar of iron and as walls of bronze against the whole land, to the kings of Judah, to its princes, to its priests and to the people of the land. They will fight against you, but they will not overcome you, for I am with you to deliver you," declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 1:17-19)
5. ALERT! U.S. Will Teach Iran to Thwart Nuke Threats - Washington Free Beacon
The United States and other world powers will help to teach Iran how to thwart and detect threats to its nuclear program, according to the parameters of a deal reached Tuesday to rein in Iran's contested nuclear program.
Under the terms of a deal that provides Iran billions of dollars in sanctions relief, Iran and global powers will cooperate to help teach Iran how to manage its nuclear infrastructure, which will largely remain in tact under the deal.
Senior Iranian officials, including the country's president, celebrated the deal as a victory for the country. Iran's state controlled media quoted President Hassan Rouhani as saying that the deal will "remove all sanctions while maintaining [Tehran's] nuclear program and nuclear progress." (Read more)
- Lord God, our leaders have now clearly lost their minds. By building this clause into this huge treaty, our tax money will, in effect, be used to help Iran protect itself from any attack by Israel, should this come to pass. Why, O Lord, do we strengthen the hand of an enemy like this -- an enemy that has clearly threatened both America and Israel? Why, O Lord, we ask . . . why??
- "And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. In that day," says the Lord, "I will strike every horse with confusion, and its rider [leaders] with madness . . ." (Zechariah 12:3,4)
6. Senate 'just rewrote' Constitution to give Obama more power - WND
'Now we need a supermajority to override the president'
The bill that would enable Congress to review any nuclear deal with Iran is coming under fire for allegedly altering the Constitution's requirements for treaties. . . WND has reported the Obama administration has been fighting any attempt by Congress to take oversight of an agreement with Iran's rogue regime. But Obama reluctantly agreed to a proposal in the Senate that will be voted on in coming weeks.
The New York Times reported "the essence of the legislation is that Congress will have a chance to vote on whatever deal emerges with Iran - if one is reached by June 30."
But the newspaper noted it would be reviewed "in a way that would be extremely difficult for Mr. Obama to lose."
The report explained Congress "would essentially be able to vote on an eventual end to sanctions, and then later take up the issue depending on whether Iran has met its own obligations. But if it rejected the agreement, Mr. Obama could veto that legislation - and it would take only 34 senators to sustain the veto, meaning that Mr. Obama could lose upward of a dozen Democratic senators and still prevail." (Read more)
> > > Article was published on April 16, 2014.
- Father God, as we await Your soon return, we see many events now coming to pass that, without the knowledge of Your Word to guide us, would cause us great alarm. We are grieved at this report, and we repent that, once again, Congress seems to have lost its moorings. Help us, Lord, as we see the kingdoms of this earth beginning to perish . . . in preparation for Your soon coming Kingdom. We ask this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Prepare ye the way of the Lord." (Matthew 3:3)
7. The Bible Prophesied About Obama's 'Nuclear Deal With Iran' And Predicted It Will Be A Complete Catastrophe - Walid Shoebat
To read this article, please go here.
- Thank You, Lord, for Walid Shoebat . . . a Muslim who has come to faith and who now warns others of the hidden workings of Islam. We ask You to keep him safe now and in the days ahead, as his words of truth are broadcast over the internet. We pray, too, for the many others who have left Islam and found You as Savior, that Your hand of protection might rest upon each one. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me," Says the Lord." (Isaiah 54:17)
8. NASA forced to address radical claims a giant asteroid will soon destroy humanity - Daily Mail UK
A massive asteroid is on a collision course with Earth, and it is large enough to spell the end of humanity. This is the radical claim of an online community of biblical theorists who say that life as we know it will be wiped out between 22 to 28 September this year. Despite their lack of credentials, the popularity of the prediction has now forced NASA to speak up, dismissing the theory as unfounded.
'NASA knows of no asteroid or comet currently on a collision course with Earth, so the probability of a major collision is quite small,' NASA spokesperson said. 'In fact, as best as we can tell, no large object is likely to strike the Earth any time in the next several hundred years.' (Read more)
- Father God, in addition to this statement by NASA, we look to the Word of God for guidance and we note that there are at least ten events that have not happened yet for Scripture to be fulfilled. For example, the Jews have yet to rebuild the third Temple.
Nevertheless, we do cry out for mercy on a global level, now that wickedness seems to abound. We thank You that You are Lord of the heavens and of the earth, and that as we ask, if there be anything out there that would endanger us, You are able to move that object off its present course, demonstrating once again the mercy heart of God. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands." (Acts 17:24)
9. Shock Video Catches Planned Parenthood's Top Doctor Selling Body Parts of Aborted Babies - Life News
A shocking new expose' video has caught Planned Parenthood's top doctor describing how the abortion business sells the body parts of aborted babies.
New undercover footage shows Planned Parenthood Federation of America's Senior Director of Medical Services, Dr. Deborah Nucatola, describing how Planned Parenthood sells the body parts of aborted unborn children and admitting she uses partial-birth abortions to supply intact body parts.
In the video, Nucatola is at a business lunch with actors posing as buyers from a human biologics company. As head of PPFA's Medical Services department, Nucatola has overseen medical practice at all Planned Parenthood locations since 2009. She also trains new Planned Parenthood abortion doctors and performs abortions herself at Planned Parenthood Los Angeles up to 24 weeks. (Read More)
- Abba Father, Forgive us for allowing such despicable horror to be allowed as a sanctioned business in these United States of America. Forgive us for not crying out loud and clear that this is murder. And the sale of babies body parts for profit is just unmentionable. Lord, we pray that these atrocious crimes do not go unnoticed by the people of this land and that they rise up in righteous anger against these atrocities. May our voices be heard in heaven as we cry out to You for mercy for the unborn children of the world. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.
- "Were they ashamed because of the abomination they have done? They were not even ashamed at all; They did not even know how to blush. Therefore they shall fall among those who fall; At the time that I punish them, They shall be cast down," says the LORD. (Jeremiah 6:15)
10. ISIS Plotting Attack on Christian Sites in Europe Using Female Jihadists Disguised as Tourists - Christian Post
Terror group ISIS is planning to send members of an all-female police force to attack Christian holy sites in Europe, a Syrian military expert has said, identifying the Vatican as one possible target of the attacks. Fahad Al-Masri, the president of the Centre for Strategy, Military and Security Studies in Syria, shared with the MailOnline on Monday that members of the infamous Al-Khansaa Brigade are planning to disguise themselves as tourists in Europe so that they can carry out the attacks.
"This is the first time women will be used in these operations. It will be a surprise for the European authorities who look for men. Women are not as difficult as men to sneak into countries and there are many European women in the Al-Khansaa Brigade - like French and British - which makes it easier for them to get in undetected," Al-Masri said. "We don't think the women will be wearing a hijab or burka - so they do not stand out. They will be normal like everybody, as if they are tourists." (Read more)
- Abba Father, there is nothing too difficult for You. We ask that as You have given discernment to our own undercover terrorist investigations that You do likewise for the Vatican and Europe. Lord, we ask that there be a database established that includes pictures and names of all the women that have left Europe to join ISIS. May this information be shared by all the Police Departments in Europe and the Vatican. We ask that not one terrorist plot be successful. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.
- "You shall break them with a rod of iron, You shall shatter them like earthenware. Now therefore, O kings, show discernment; Take warning, O judges of the earth." (Psalm 2:9-10)
The Daily Jot
With the "Supreme Court" redefining marriage and the "president" signing a prophetic nuclear defining deal with Iran, and a myriad of other priority problems our poor leadership has created over the past 10 years, the outlook for America is not bright. Leadership has turned away from common sense and it seems that the craziest, anti-God ideas are in full swing to be implemented. But this is no time for the weak-hearted or for those who call themselves Christians to disengage and throw in the towel. It seems we have been doing that since the 1960s, and it hasn't worked. Christ is the answer to this dark and dying world, and you are his vessel. Think about that.
You have a calling. And much bad doctrine has been taught about this. The Holy Scriptures say in Romans 8:28 "that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." It's not your purpose, but "HIS" purpose. Romans 11:29 says that "the gifts and calling of God are unchangeable." So when people are saying that you have to find your calling, it is really understanding that you are called "not according to our works, but according to his own purpose (2 Timothy 1:9)." Christ is our example. He is the way the truth and the life. He showed us how to engage according to his purpose. It takes courage to conduct Christ's purpose in this world, in this country today.
Psalm 31:24 says, "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all you that hope in the LORD." As Christians, our hope is in the Lord. We are to be ever watching for his return. As Galatians 6:9 says, "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." And Jesus promises in Matthew 10:22, "And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved." We, as Christians, are not to stand by and allow evil to advance just because we have read the end of the book and we win. We are to not be overcome with evil, but to overcome evil with good. The Lord says to be of good courage and that his gifts will never change--you are equipped.
2 Timothy 1:7 says, "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." We are reminded that it isn't easy in 2 Corinthians 4:8,9: "We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed..." Verse 6 tells us, "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, has shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." We should not fear man. Man cannot take our soul. So we need to take heart during these times. Have courage. Put on the full armor of God and speak boldly as we ought to speak. And having done all, stand.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Christian Prayers for Ramadan
Christian Prayers for Ramadan
Day 28: Wednesday, July 15
"Barriers to movements"
During this past 150 years, we have seen 82 Muslim movements to Christ; whether or not this pattern will continue remains to be seen. Some of the greatest barriers facing Muslims coming to Christ are within the community of Christ itself. Five barriers that must be removed for the gospel to spread effectively throughout the House of Islam are:
(1) Contentious Christians
With more than 40,000 denominations today, Christianity is irreparably fragmented, but that doesn't mean we need to fight one another. We must turn our focus on the gospel and not on our differences.
(2) Fear and hatred
When Christians feel threatened by Muslims, our fear can turn to anger and hatred. The threat of Islam is not hollow: Islam is a totalitarian ideology that crushes dissent wherever it arises. But Muslims are not an ideology; they are men and women lost without a Saviour. Christ alone offers the "perfect love (that) casts out fear" (1 John 4:18) that can empower us to win the Muslim world to Him.
(3) Imitating Islam
Islam elevated a seventh-century culture as God's ideal for the world, exalted its scripture to the status of deity, imposed a legalistic path to heaven, threatened apostates and critics with death, and advanced its boundaries with military might. At one time or another, Christians have attempted the same. But these aren't the ways of Jesus nor the path that He prescribes for His followers. Winning the Muslim world to Christ will only occur through the way of Christ and not through a misguided imitation of Islam.
(4) Ignored injustice
As Arab armies advanced into the Christian Byzantine world, they found a civilisation that had embraced the Christian religion yet ignored many injustices, such as slavery. Islamic jurists declared that no Christian master could own a Muslim slave, leading to the immediate conversion of thousands of slaves to Islam. When Christians ignore societal injustices, we open the door to Islam.
(5) Ignorance and apathy
For more than five centuries, Christians in the West could ignore the challenge of Islam. That changed on 11 September 2001, when Western ignorance and apathy crashed to the ground with the World Trade Towers. To participate in God's great global ingathering of Muslims, we must shake off ignorance and apathy in engaging with the Muslim world.
How can we pray?
Pray that Christians around the world will address each of these barriers and take action to change them into bridges that will introduce Christ to the Muslim world.
A Verse to Decree:
"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." (John 3:17)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
Praise Him, Praise Him, Jesus My Blessed Redeemer!
"I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live." (Psalm 146:2)
Praise Him! praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
Sing, ye saints! His wonderful love proclaim!
Hail Him! hail Him! mightiest angels in glory;
Strength and honor give to His holy name!
Like a shepherd, Jesus will feed His people,
In His arms He carries them all day long;
O ye saints that live in the light of His presence,
Praise Him! praise Him! ever in joyful song!
Refrain: Praise Him! praise Him! tell of His excellent greatness!
Praise Him! praise Him! ever in joyful song!
Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessèd Redeemer!
For our sins He suffered, and bled, and died.
He our Rock, our hope of eternal salvation,
Hail Him! hail Him! Jesus the Crucified.
Sound His praises! Jesus who bore our sorrows,
Love unbounded, wonderful, deep and strong.
Praise Him! praise Him! tell of His excellent greatness!
Praise Him! praise Him! ever in joyful song!
Praise Him! praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
Heavenly portals loud with hosannas ring!
Jesus, Savior, reigneth forever and ever;
crown Him! crown Him! prophet and priest and King!
Christ is coming, over the world victorious,
power and glory unto the Lord belong!
Praise Him! praise Him! tell of His excellent greatness!
Praise Him! praise Him! ever in joyful song!
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words : Fanny Crosby, 1869
Music: Chester G. Allen
About the Hymn:
Signs and Wonders
The Earth erupts! Spectacular pictures show THREE volcanoes ablaze in Mexico, Chile and Indonesia while a fourth rumbles away
Volcanoes are erupting around the globe this weekend, causing flight cancellations in southeast Asia and evacuations in Mexico. Hundreds of people have been forced to flee from their villages located at the foot of the Colima Volcano in western Mexico's Colima State, following an eruption this weekend which saw the active mountain spew ash and fire. The volcano, also known as the Volcano of Fire, also forced a local airport to close as authorities have sealed off a 7.5 mile area amid fears an even bigger eruption may follow.
Read more and view photos and videos here.
(Source: The Daily Mail UK)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
"It's a Miracle!" Teen Girl, Thought Dead after Plane Crash, Hikes through Wilderness and is Found
(Bellingham, Washington)-Sixteen-year-old Autumn Veatch is alive today, thanks to a "miracle," claims not just her father, David, but also the Civil Air Patrol colonel.
Autumn was riding in a small plane along with her step-grandparents, flying from Kalispell Montana to Washington. For reasons unknown thus far, the plane crashed in the wilderness of Mazama, Washington. Having survived the crash, Autumn began to hike out through the dense woods to find help.
Following a stream, the resilient teen made it to HWY 20 and was picked up by a motorist who took her to a general store in Mazama. Autumn told the store manager about her traumatic experience, and her quest to find help for her step-grandparents. She was taken to a nearby hospital.
David Veatch told reporters that he only learned that his daughter was in the plane when it went missing, and that she survived "because of a miracle from God, in answer to hundreds of prayers," according to a KIRO TV report.
Scott Graham, CEO of Three Rivers Hospital said, "Our initial information is she sustained no life-threatening injuries and is somewhat dehydrated due to being out in the elements."
Autumn had hiked for two days through the woods of the North Cascades before finding help. She credits her father for encouraging her to watch survival shows on TV as one of the reasons she knew what to do to survive.
Source: Breaking Christian News
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"It Is Well" - Bethel Music
Yes, Lord . . . it IS well . . . with our souls . . . amen.
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt & Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Restoration" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!