Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, July 27, 2015
"The Lord Thy God in the midst of thee is mighty . . ." (Psalm 68:1)
[We will be publishing this new, "streamlined edition" of the Daily Brief though Wednesday, August 5th].
" . . . His sovereignty rules over all." (Psalm 103:19b)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Palestinian rioters attack police on Temple Mount - Times of Israel
Dozens of masked Palestinian protesters hurled rocks, Molotov cocktails and firecrackers at police officers on the Temple Mount compound in Jerusalem's Old City Sunday morning, before being pushed back into the Al-Aqsa Mosque by security forces who were rushed to the area.
According to police, the protesters had stockpiled homemade explosives, firecrackers and wooden boards inside the mosque, with the intention of attacking thousands of Jewish worshipers gathered below for prayers at the Western Wall on Tisha B'Av, a fast and day of mourning that commemorates the destruction of the first and second Jewish Temples.
"Masked rioters fled into the mosque and started to throw stones and blocks at police from inside Al-Aqsa Mosque. They threw fireworks directly at police," a police statement said, adding that a number of police were wounded. (Read More)
- Oh Father God, we ask for Your comforting and calming presence to be over Jerusalem tonight. Father, as many remember and fast on this day of Tisha B' Av- the 9th of Av- in remembrance and mourning for the horrible things that have happened on this date to the Jewish people throughout history, we also are mourning for the way Your children have turned their back on You and Your principles. We cry out to You ,oh Merciful One, in repentance for all the pride, complacency, luke-warmness, and outright disobedience to You. Father, please have mercy on the children of Israel and America. Bring us back to You. Father, show all of our Jewish brothers and sisters who have lost hope in You, or who have set up idols or false gods in their lives the way back to You. We pray that You reveal Yourself to all the Muslims who are full of hate and seek violence against Your children. Show them the Hope that is in Yeshua. In His Holy Name, amen.
2. Hamas opens military camp for 25,000 Gazans aged 15 and up - Times of Israel
The military wing of Hamas opened a Gaza summer camp on Saturday, providing combat training for 25,000 Palestinians as young as 15.
Hamas, an Islamic extremist group that is the de facto power in Gaza, is currently engaged in indirect contacts with Israel to try to reach a long-term truce, but a year after last summer's devastating 50-day war the terrorist movement has kept up the fighting talk.
"The goal of these military training camps is to train the vanguard for liberation - spiritually, intellectually and physically - to be ready and able to play its role in liberation," said a statement by the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas' military wing. (Read More)
- Abba, it grieves our hearts when we hear of all the hatred that is spread among Hamas and other groups, and we can only imagine how much more it grieves Yours. We pray that each and every person who takes part in this summer camp would be convicted and given revelation to Your Truth. Father, reveal Yourself to them where they are. Give them an encounter with Your presence that they have never imagined, and that will leave them wanting to know You more- the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; the One True God! In the name of Yeshua, amen.
3. Illinois Governor Signs Unprecedented Anti-BDS Bill Into Law - Algemeiner
Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner signed into law on Thursday a bill to combat the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement.
The law specifically targets taxpayer-funded public pension funds that invest in any company that has adopted boycott, divestment or sanctions measures against Israel.
Rauner was joined at the signing ceremony by leaders from the Jewish community and other lawmakers who backed the bill, The Washington Free Beacon reported. He said states must stand up to combat antisemitism and anti-Israel advocates in favor of BDS. (Read More)
- Heavenly Father, we ask that You bless Governor Rauner for standing with Israel. We pray that You send Your ministering spirits to surround him and his family and give them Your supernatural protection. We ask that You keep them safe from any harm or backlash that may come from this decision. We pray that he would continue to seek a deeper relationship with You. Father, we ask that You give him wisdom, discernment and courage to continue making decisions that go against "man" and stand for righteousness. Go before him and guide his path, his every thought and every decision. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
4. Jerusalem: Back from the brink of a new intifada - Jerusalem Post
A year after it looked like a new intifada was about to break out, the Holy City appears to have calmed down.
On June 22, city council member Arieh King uploaded a video of stones and Molotov cocktails hitting the glass door of his balcony in Ma'aleh Zeitim the night before. It was the 52nd attack King had counted this year.
He has complained that all the authorities, from the mayor to the government, are failing to ensure the protection of his family and neighbors, out of what he claims is fear of what left-wing organizations and foreign media might say.
Indeed, 52 attacks on one neighborhood sounds a like a serious security issue, and security forces have said the number of Molotov cocktails thrown in east Jerusalem and seam neighborhoods lately is the highest in the Judea-Samaria region since last summer.(Read More)
5. 'Finance Ministry withholding funds for new Gaza border fence' - Israel Hayom
The Finance Ministry is withholding funds for a new defense project in southern Israel that includes the construction of a new security fence on the Israel-Gaza Strip border, a senior Southern Command officer said Thursday.
Channel 10 News quoted the officer as saying the stalled project seeks, among other things, to link the various warning and defense systems deployed on and around the southern border.
The project is expected to cost half a billion shekels ($130 million), and includes outfitting the border with advanced measures to prevent terrorists from infiltrating the fence. (Read More)
6. Saudis downplay significance of recent Hamas visit - Israel Hayom
Saudi Arabia's top diplomat said Thursday that a recent visit by the leader of Hamas was for religious purposes and was not an official political visit to the kingdom.
Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal and other officials from the Palestinian terrorist group visited the holy city of Mecca last week, with Hamas saying Mashaal shook hands with King Salman and prayed alongside the monarch.
Saudi Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir's comments Thursday sought to downplay speculation that Hamas was improving relations with Saudi Arabia, which is suspicious of Hamas' political Islamist ideology and the group's ties to its regional rival, Iran. (Read More)
- Abba, we pray that Your hand be over any meetings that go on in this region. We pray that Saudi Arabia is being honest in telling of this or any other meeting they have. Father, we pray that anything that is planned in the darkness would be brought to light. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
The Daily Brief
1. Entire US national security system possibly compromised by year-long cyber-assault - Fox News
The prolonged hacking into the White House Office of Personnel Management, which put the personal information of at least some 21.5 million past and current federal employees in jeopardy, is only the beginning of the security threat to the Obama Administration and its successors, a number of top-level experts in cyber security have told Fox News. The attack has been frequently sourced as coming from China.
The experts warned that the entire U.S. national security clearance system could be compromised, that future senior government leaders and advisors could be targeted even before taking office, and hundreds, perhaps thousands, of government officials might successfully be blackmailed, bribed or otherwise manipulated in the future into handing over still more sensitive information.
The identity disaster could also weaken the U.S. in any time of military confrontation: "If we choose to engage in conflict, we are in a much weaker position," one expert concluded.
The threat could include intruders already in the government whose security credentials were stealthily enhanced during the OPM intrusion, which may have lasted a year before it was detected last April.
"There may be people walking around with higher levels of clearance than they should have," said one of the experts. "I believe the entire national security apparatus is now at risk. It's mind-boggling." (Read More)
- Heavenly Father, we bring this security breach of confidential information concerning federal employees before Your throne, asking for mercy. Since this breach has been on-going for quite a while, there could be federal employees on very high levels who are serious threats to our government, as they could be working under falsified security clearance. We stand in the gap and repent for the sinfulness of our nation, and seek Your help to expose all that needs to be known. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen ans Amen.
- "God is a just judge, and God is angry with the wicked every day." (Psalm 7:11 NKJV)
2. Peter King Says ISIS Urging Followers to 'Kill in Place' in US - NewsMax
Rep. Peter King said Saturday that the Islamic State was using social media to "urge people to. . . kill in place" and hinted that the terrorists may have improvised explosives that could be used on drones to attack large open areas.
"The main targets are anyone who is in uniform - police officers, military personnel," the New York Republican, a member of the House Homeland Security Committee told Fox News host Uma Pemmaraju. "They are the targets.
"They have to constantly be on their guard - whether it's an Army recruiting station, whether it's a police station, whether it's a police officer walking a beat, whether it's a cop sitting in a patrol car - they are all now targets of ISIS."
King declined to be more specific on the group's forays with improvised devices, however, only saying that "they are very unconventional. They think outside the box.
"They're always trying to stay one step ahead of us," he added. "And they are entirely ruthless. Unlike some organizations, some of their violence, they actually put it on the Internet.
"They want to highlight how destructive and homicidal they can be. So any type of explosive attack - drone or otherwise - we have to definitely, definitely be on our guard."(Read More)
- Heavenly Father, may You awaken all US military personnel who are located within the US to the warnings that Rep. Peter King is presenting concerning the threats arising from ISIS, and may these warnings be clearly heard and responded to for their safety. We also seek that you awaken all US citizens within our nation to the realities that we now live under in these dark times, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
-"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4 NKJV)
3. Clinton to testify before House committee on Benghazi - Fox News
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will testify in October before the House committee investigating the killing of four Americans in a 2012 terror attack in Benghazi, Libya, the Clinton campaign said Saturday.
Clinton was secretary of state when the attacks occurred.
Campaign spokesman Nick Merrill said Clinton will testify publicly before the House's special Select Committee on Benghazi, after months of negotiations about the terms of her appearance.
A tentative date of Oct. 22 has been set. Clinton has already testified before Congress on the issue.
Committee Chairman and GOP South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy initially requested a private interview.
The announcement that Clinton will testify comes one day after the release of a letter from intelligence investigators to the Justice Department stating secret government information may have been compromised in Clinton's private server that she used when secretary of state. (Read More)
- Heavenly Father, may this testimony from Hillary Clinton as to events relating to Benghazi, which has been requested by the Congressional House committee, actually occur. We ask that You rise up and be in the midst of all testimony, and may Your truth be forth coming so that Your Justice may be served. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
-"There are many plans in a man's heart, nevertheless the Lord's counsel- that will stand." (Proverbs 19:21 NKJV)
4. Bang! Obama cocks hammer on new gun control - WND
President Obama told the BBC he has felt "distressed" and "stymied" over his inability to get gun-control passed through Congress, and he will double down on these efforts in his remaining months in office.
Obama's comment went to air on the British broadcasting network just hours before a lone gunman shot two people dead at the Grand Theater in Lafayette, Louisiana, before taking his own life.
"The issue of guns, that is an area where if you ask me where has been the one area where I feel that I've been most frustrated and most stymied it is the fact that the United States of America is the one advanced nation on Earth in which we do not have sufficient common-sense, gun-safety laws," he told the BBC.
"Even in the face of repeated mass killings." Obama said the number of Americans killed since 9/11 by terrorism was less than 100 while "tens of thousands have been killed by gun violence." "For us not to be able to resolve that issue has been something that is distressing. But it is not something that I intend to stop working on in the remaining 18 months," he said. (Read More)
- Heavenly Father, we know that the laws being sought are more for control than for safety, and we repent before You for our personal sins, and for the wider sins of our nation that have evoked this constant call for 'gun control'. May the chief executive of our nation be confronted with the 'truths' that criminals obtain guns regardless of what laws exist. We pray in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "A man of great wrath will suffer punishment." (Proverbs 19:19a NKJV)
5. 8th Circuit Calls on U.S. Supreme Court to Cancel Roe v. Wade & Planned Parenthood v. Casey - IFA Pray
The 8th Circuit Court of Appeals yesterday upheld a lower court ruling that the North Dakota ban on abortion after six weeks was unconstitutional under current Supreme Court jurisprudence. However, the 8th Circuit Court sets the case up perfectly for an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court and unanimously urged the Supreme Court to reconsider and cancel its current jurisprudence in the abortion area.
The Court cited numerous factors calling for reconsideration and cancellation of the Supreme Court jurisprudence. First, the court noted that the standard of viability has advanced forward based on new science and technology. The Court noted, for example, that even embryos are now viable outside the womb through in vitro fertilization and other techniques. Second, the Court noted that both Norma McCorvey, the former "Roe" of Roe v. Wade and Sandra Cano, the former "Doe" of Doe v. Bolton, (through an Amicus Curiae brief filed by The Justice Foundation on behalf of Sandra Cano), which the Court cited, have both asked the Supreme Court to cancel their own cases. Third, the Court cited the Amicus Curiae Brief of 3,279 Women Injured by Abortion filed on their behalf by The Justice Foundation and cited numerous testimonies of women in the record of the severe harm and emotional damage caused by abortion to women. It included the fact that a man could force a woman to have an abortion because it is legally available, citing a woman's testimony to that effect.
The abortion issue will squarely reach the Supreme Court this Fall with three major cases reaching the Court roughly at the same time. The State of North Dakota has ninety days to appeal this decision to the Supreme Court. They now have the support of three members of the 8th Circuit panel that heard the case when North Dakota seeks to reverse and cancel the court's previous but now outdated jurisprudence. (Read More)
- Abba Father, may the Supreme Court hear all that is presented here, and do as asked which is to cancel the court's previous but now outdated jurisprudence. We ask that You confront the Supreme Court justices with the facts that fetuses are live human beings and not just 'blobs of flesh'. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
-"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21 NKJV)
6. Public schools ruining U.S. kids with 'indoctrination' - WND
Americans warned, 'Get off of Facebook, turn off the TV, and educate yourself'.
Public education in America today is almost the opposite of education, according to an education expert who calls the nation's schooling "indoctrination."
"This isn't some kind of huge national accident that all these legions of Ph.D experts and all these legions of committees and the U.S. Department of Education - it's not that they're just incompetent fools and don't know what they're doing," said international journalist and educator Alex Newman. "They want the system to be doing what it's doing, and that is destroying real education."
Real education, according to Newman, means developing knowledgeable, well-rounded Americans who can think critically, process information, make good decisions, support themselves and serve the needs of society. In other words, real education produces productive members of a capitalist society.(Read More)
- Heavenly Father, may more parents awaken to what is happening in the schools and within our general culture, as to how their children are being 'indoctrinated' to be 'obedient' members of our future global society instead of being prepared to be productive members of a capitalist society. Father, we seek Your help for these young people and their parents, so they can be all You want them to be and not just 'instruments' for the enemy's agenda. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
-"Be not far from Me, for trouble is near; for there is none to help." (Psalm 22:11 NKJV)
7. 'Christian homosexuals' plot church's transformation - WND
Christians considering how to respond to the Supreme Court's creation of "same-sex marriage" face a challenge from within - those who call themselves "gay Christians" and contend the Bible does not condemn homosexual behavior.
One of the most conspicuous figures in the movement is Matthew Vines, who has written a book arguing Scripture does not condemn same-sex sexual relationships. Vines has also produced a video presenting his evidence, "The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships," which has accumulated 750,000 views.
Prominent liberal publication the Huffington Post hosted an article by pastor Adam Phillips of Christ Church in Portland, Oregon, attacking Franklin Graham for defending traditional marriage. After presenting his interpretation of Scripture, Phillips told Graham to "read your Bible better" and focus more on "addressing America's original sin of racism" instead of sexual sin.
But evangelist and filmmaker Ray Comfort share's Graham's view that self-described Christians who accept homosexual behavior are ignoring the clear teaching of Scripture.
Comfort is producer of the pro-life sensation "180″and author of many books, including the "God and the Bible" series, which explored the impact of Christianity on several world-changing historical figures. (Read More)
- Heavenly Father, it is quickly becoming obvious that the conflict between Your Biblical Word and the agenda promoted by the LBGT movement is growing, with ramifications that are only now being exposed. We ask that You rise up and awaken Your remnant of how they are to confront and handle this ever expanding conflict, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; my heart also instructs me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved." (Psalm 16:7-8 NKJV)
8. As in the Days of Noah: Kenyan leaders didn't want discussion of gay rights during Obama visit - Koenig
In recent weeks, political leaders and church figures in Kenya made it clear they did not want to entertain any discussion of gay rights during President Obama's visit to the African country.
Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta said the issue would not be on the agenda; his deputy, William Ruto, recently called homosexuality "dirty" while a group of Kenyan elders threatened to throw rotten eggs at Obama if he dared to raise the issue.
But Obama dwelled at length on gay rights at Saturday's news conference with Kenyatta, comparing discrimination against homosexuals with the U.S. history of slavery and warning that governments should not treat good, law-abiding citizens differently simply because of their sexual preference.
"I'm not equivocal on this. If somebody is a law-abiding citizen who's going about their business or working in a job and obeying the traffic signs and doing all of the other things that good citizens are supposed to do and not harming anybody, the idea that they're going to be abused because of who they love is just wrong," Obama said.
"As an African American in the U.S., I am painfully aware of what happens when people are treated differently under the law."
Kenyatta responded that gay rights in Kenya is a "non-issue". (Read More)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that the government of Kenya has 'stood strong' against President Obama's pressure to promote homosexual rights. May other nations as well use this response to the same kind of pressure being used upon their nations, we pray, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, in the law and in the commandment, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart. So he prospered." (2 Chronicles 31:21 NKJV)
The Daily Jot
Understanding Communism and current presidential candidates
In the 1950s and '60s Americans understood the threat of communism. The mere association with it was considered treasonous. But the news media and Hollywood rewrote the narrative on communism --that it wasn't dangerous, that people who thought it was were right wing radicals, paranoid, essentially pay no attention to the man behind the (iron) curtain. But communism in the 20th Century was responsible for over 100 million deaths. The current "president" and several who seek to replace him, such as Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, hold a communistic worldview, even though they may not admit it publicly. As the next election approaches, Communism is a serious threat to America.
Long before his first election, the "president's" association with known communists was questioned--from the mysterious Frank Marshall Davis of his childhood to Weatherman terrorist Bill Ayers to the community organization strategies of Saul Alinsky to the concept of rebuilding America, the "president's" leanings were communistic. Moreover, since taking office, his executive actions, policies and messaging have also reflected a strong communistic leaning. Clinton and Sanders have longstanding public records that prove they hold similar, if not stronger, communistic beliefs. Americans need to understand that we have many in the highest level of government who are the antithesis of everything "American."
Not supporting traditional marriage, supporting abortion, supporting homosexuality, opening the borders, the welfare state, property confiscation, militarization of agencies, spying on citizens, demonizing opposing political viewpoints, nationalized health care, the war on Christianity--are all extremely public evidences of the communist influence over America's leadership. The Communist Manifesto calls for the abolishing of morals, religion, property ownership to be replaced with statism--a political system in which the government has centralized control over social and economic affairs. How long, for example, can 86 million workers sustain 148 million who don't work? This is how communism controls the masses.
In 1963 Florida Congressman Albert Herlong, Jr., entered into the Congressional Record an excerpt from "The Naked Communist" summarizing 45 goals of the communists for America. Among them were; Gain control of the press; gain control of the schools; gain control of entertainment; transfer powers of arrest from police to social agencies; total disarmament as a moral strength; eliminate obscenity laws; promote promiscuity and homosexuality as normal; replace "revealed" religion with "social" religion; enforce separation of church and state; discredit the American Constitution; discredit the Founding Fathers. As you can see, the current leadership has embraced this. Communism is an imminent threat to America. The antidote: Acts 5:29, "We ought to obey God rather than men."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Jackie Evancho & Susan Boyle : A Mother's Prayer
Go here . . . to start our week off in His presence . . .