Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
"The Lord Thy God in the midst of thee is mighty . . ." (Psalm 68:1)
[We will be publishing this new, "streamlined edition" of the Daily Brief through Tuesday, August 4th].
" . . . His sovereignty rules over all." (Psalm 103:19b)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Arab League to meet on 'dangerous development' in Jerusalem - Times of Israel
The Arab League will convene to discuss the Temple Mount clashes Sunday between Palestinian youths and Israeli police, settlement construction, and various killings of Palestinians by Israeli forces in the past week, Palestinian officials said Monday.
Dozens of masked Palestinian protesters hurled rocks, Molotov cocktails and firecrackers at police officers on the Temple Mount compound in Jerusalem's Old City Sunday morning, before being pushed back into the al-Aqsa Mosque by security forces who were rushed to the area. The skirmishes and visit by several hundred Jewish visitors to mark Tisha B'Av, a day of mourning for the destruction of the two Jewish temples, were condemned by Jordan as a "violation." (Read More)
2. Surprise IDF drill simulates strikes from north and Gaza - Times of Israel
Thousands of Israel Defense Forces reservists were required to present themselves to their units in a surprise emergency drill starting Monday that simulated rocket attacks from Lebanon and the Gaza Strip as well as cyber attacks. The drill will end on Wednesday.
The exercise was set to simulate incidents in the Golan Heights, the Gaza Strip and on the Lebanese border, and throughout Israel.
The Israel Defense Force Spokesperson's Unit reported that emergency exercises would be conducted across Israel between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. (Read More)
3. PA Campaign: 'Temple Never Existed', 'We Were Here Before You' - Israel National News
Palestinian Media Watch (PMW) has published a collection of recent declarations on official PA television that the Jewish Temple never existed, that the "Palestinians" predated the Jews in Jerusalem by "centuries," and the like.
The latest posting by the internationally-known media watchdog organization PMW does not attempt to refute the claims, but simply brings them to the attention of the world. For instance, it notes that PA Deputy Minister of Jerusalem Affairs Salwa Hadib recently stated that "the Palestinian people has been present in it [Jerusalem] for thousands of years... centuries before the Jewish religion." This, despite the fact that no Palestinian Arab entity ever existed before, at the earliest, the year 1949, when Jordan illegally took over Judea and Samaria and had to categorize the people living there.
It is true, of course, that people lived in Jerusalem even before Jews - but they have no national, ethnic or other connection with the Arabs living today in the Land of Israel.
On another front, a PA TV host agreed with a political-Islam researcher who stated on PA TV that the Zionist goal is to "find the Temple" while destroying the Al-Aqsa Mosque. The researcher claimed Israel has not found "even one remnant" that proves the existence of the Temple. (Read More)
4. Israeli, Palestinian negotiators hold low-key talks in Amman - Times of Israel
Interior Minister Silvan Shalom held talks with senior Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat in Amman in recent days, Israeli sources told The Times of Israel on Sunday. The two met in a bid to calm tensions between the two sides, which have spiraled in the past week.
Shalom, a senior Likud lawmaker, also serves as the chief Israeli negotiator in peace talks with the Palestinians. He said in a recent speech at a conference that he believes Israel and the Palestinians "need to renew negotiations and try to reach understandings and agreements."
He also said at the time that he was in favor of "frank talks that are conducted discreetly," apparently such as those in Amman. (Read More)
5. Palestinian Authority: Israel's escalation will have disastrous consequences - Jerusalem Post
The Palestinian Authority accused Israel of escalating tensions in Jerusalem and the West Bank on Monday, warning that Israel's actions were liable to bring about disastrous consequences.
The comments came after three Palestinians were killed in Israeli arrest raids in the West Bank in the past week and clashes occurred between Border Police and Palestinian rioters at the al-Aksa Mosque on the Temple Mount on Sunday.
Nabil Rudineh, the spokesman for Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, said that "continuous raids on al-Aksa Mosque, daily killings of Palestinian civilians and continued settlement construction will force the Palestinian leadership to make fateful decisions."
In a statement carried by the official Palestinian news agency, WAFA, Abu Rudineh said that "Israel's continued attempts to torpedo every effort to maintain stability, or renew peace talks, will bring disastrous results." (Read More)
6. WATCH: Border Police arrest 23 Palestinians crammed into one car - Jerusalem Online
IDF Border Police on Sunday arrested no less than 23 illegal Palestinian immigrants, all crammed into one vehicle, in the Eshkol region in southern Israel. The driver was arrested as well after it turned out he had never issued a driving license.
Commander Ofir Dahari said he had noticed a suspicious-looking GMC Savana and pulled it over. While questioning the driver, a 20-year-old resident of the Bedouin town of Bir Hadaj, he discovered that the man did not have a valid driver's license, nor had he ever issued one. The Border Police crew then searched inside the vehicle and were amazed to find 23 Palestinians sitting on its floor. (Read More)
7. Australia's Labor Party Would Consider Recognizing 'Palestine' - Israel National News
Rivaling factions of Australia's Labor party, currently in opposition, agreed Sunday on a resolution that should the party come to power, it would consider recognizing Palestinian statehood, i24news reported.
The motion stipulated such course of action on a lack of progress in the currently stalled peace talks between Israel and the Palestinian Authority (PA), the report said.
"If ... there is no progress in the next round of the peace process a future Labor government will discuss joining like-minded nations who have already recognised Palestine and announcing the conditions and timelines for the Australian recognition of a Palestinian state, with the objective of contributing to peace and security in the Middle East," the document read.
The move, if implemented, would follow a flurry of such motions in Europe in recent months. (Read More)
The Daily Brief
1. Chinese stocks destroy $39.8B in U.S. wealth - USA Today
The Chinese stock implosion is starting to get serious. It's costing U.S. investors real money. The 144 China-based stocks with primary listings on major U.S. exchanges have erased nearly $40 billion in paper wealth since the Shanghai Composite index peaked on June 12. It's an enormous destruction of wealth that in effect wipes out the market value of a company the size of cruise ship operator Carnival. (Read More)
- Father, once again this Chinese stock implosion is an indicator of what we have been warned about in recent days regarding the failing economy. Give Your people time to set their personal economy in order, to avoid the trouble ahead.
- Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man's dwelling, but a foolish man devours it. (Proverbs 21:20)
2. 'Extreme fear' is back for the stock market - CNN
Extreme fear is back in the stock market, according to CNNMoney's Fear & Greed Index. Just how bad is it? The index has a 100 point scale -- with 0 indicating nightmare level fear and 100 signaling "buy everything in sight" greed. On Monday, the Fear & Greed Index fell to 7. (Read More)
- Father, give us wisdom to prepare for whatever is on the horizon for our economy. May Your people prosper coming in and going out.
- You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. (Deuteronomy 28:6)
3. Gold's Two Stories: Paper Markets Collapse... While The Retail Public Buys At A Record Pace - zerohedge
The paper market is telling one story. But the actual physical bullion market is telling quite another. The U.S. Mint has sold over 100,000 ounces of American Eagle gold coins so far in July. That's the highest monthly demand volume registered since April 2013. (Read More)
- Oh, Lord, if ever there was a time for Your people to look to You for their provision and for wisdom to conduct their day to day business it is now! We ask You to put a new heart in Your people that they might hear from You clearly and manage their affairs in a way that shows You bless those who honor You in every part of their lives. We speak protection over Your flock so that it will be a witness to the world that You love those who are called by Your name.
-"He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he does shall prosper." (Psalms 1:3)
4. Iran Deal Worth More than All U.S. Aid to Israel Since 1948 - Breitbart
The Iran deal will provide Iran with a cash windfall as sanctions are eased and assets are unfrozen. The total amount is estimated to be as high as $150 billion. If so, the Iran deal would give more cash to Iran than the $124.3 billion U.S. has given in total aid to Israel since 1948. The exact amount that Iran would gain through the unfreezing of its foreign assets is a matter of some dispute. (Read More)
- Father, we lift up this Iran deal to You. We leave it in Your hands because the whole deal appears to be wrong, especially the amount of money Iran will have access to. We pray You handle all details and prevent Iran from evil deeds, especially towards Israel.
- Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. (John 3:20)
5. Boy Scouts of America end total ban on gay adults - Yahoo
The Boy Scouts of America on Monday ended its blanket ban on gay adult leaders while allowing church-sponsored Scout units to maintain the exclusion for religious reasons. (Read More)
- Father, we are not surprised at this decision since the Boy Scouts have been in this debate for years. We pray protection over the church- sponsored Scout units to maintain their exclusion for religious reasons.
- No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. (Matthew 6:24)
6. A Supreme Blunder: The Bad, The Good, The Ugly - terryjamesprophecyline
On June 26, 2015 everything changed. . . It was on that day that five unelected Justices, redefined what marriage is. Last week I attended the Alliance Defending Freedom Pastors Conference in California, where I was blessed to have heard some of the sharpest Christian lawyers give us the new lay of the "legal land." (Read More)
- Father, we lay this horrifying ruling at Your feet for You to act in whatever way Your wisdom directs. We are asking that somehow You would cause this ruling to be pulled back, as rulings have been that were obviously unconstitutional and ungodly. We do not come into agreement with the ruling and declare that the United States of America is a Godly country with a Judeo-Christian culture. Lord, bring it to pass! Protect Your people as the bullying continues. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
-"For the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith the Lord: they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it." (Jeremiah 7:30)
7. Oklahoma Takes A Hard Look At What Police Seize - And How It's Spent -npr
In Oklahoma, some people in charge of enforcing the law seem to be skirting it. State audits have found people in district attorney offices have used seized money and property to live rent-free and pay off student loans. (Read More)
- Thank You, Father God, that attention is being drawn to the issue of what happens to seized money and property. We pray that all officials will be held accountable to the public for these items and this money. We also pray that other states will look at this issue and search out hidden corruption. Thank You for alert citizens who look for honesty in their government officials.
-"The one who conceals his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them will find mercy." (Proverbs 28:13)
The Daily Jot
Wicked leadership and evil deeds
Last month, the Charleston, SC community pulled itself together after Black churchgoers were murdered by a White supremacist. All the while, the "president" was fanning the flames of racism and distrust. In the day after the shootings, the "president," instead of trying to bring the nation together, played his usual hand of division by lecturing America about race and guns. He said, "And at some point it's going to be important for the American people to...shift how we think about the issue of gun violence collectively....And we know that hatred across races and faiths pose a particular threat to our democracy and our ideals." In the days following, he continued his mantra. His leadership has only made the issue worse.
Within four months of taking office in 2009, the "president" and his team reshaped a Homeland Security report depicting as extremists Christians who believed in traditional marriage, were pro-life, and supported the Constitution's Bill of Rights. He has routinely lectured Christians about their sins of the past, especially slavery. He has promoted Islam at the expense of Christianity--even though Islam to this day is the world's largest purveyor human trafficking, slavery, and sex slavery. He has said that Christians shouldn't be on their "high horse" because of their sinful past. Should it be a surprise when psychopaths go on a killing spree that they target Christians? Maybe some people think this is an unfair characterization.
But then, in a society where gun ownership has increased dramatically over the "president's" tenure, and violent crime using guns has dramatically decreased (FBI and Department of Justice statistics), violent gun crime against Christian churches has increased tremendously. Former Focus on the Family employee Carl Chinn began researching church violence after he was a responder in a standoff with a gunman who took hostages at the Focus on the Family ministry in 1996. According to his website, deadly church violence since 2009 (when the current "president" took office) has increased 422% over the previous 11 years. Deaths increased 342% during the same period.
It would be a reasonable assumption that the current "president" has arguably presided over the most violent time against churches in recent American history. He didn't physically go out and do the violence. But his characterization of conservative Christians (pro-gun, pro-life, pro-marriage) as racists, radicals and extremists may have contributed to inciting such violence. Proverbs 28:15 says, "As a roaring lion, and a charging bear; so is a wicked ruler over the poor people." And Proverbs 29:2 says, "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bears rule, the people mourn." History shows that wicked leadership leads to evil deeds. This "president" is no exception.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Go here to worship with this amazing young girl!
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.