Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, July 17, 2015
"When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:19)
" . . . the righteous are bold as a lion!" (Proverbs 28:1)
National Security Alert
National Security Alert:
Heightened Alert during the month of Ramadan . . . (which will end today)
"But the LORD is with me like a dread champion; Therefore my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. They will be utterly ashamed, because they have failed, With an everlasting disgrace that will not be forgotten." (Jer. 20:11)
1. 'Let them die from their anger'- Iran cleric cites Israeli, Saudi rancor as sign of success - Jerusalem Post
Ayatollah Mohammad Ali Movahedi Kermani added that some of the countries with whom the accord was signed were untrustworthy and had made excessive demands that were an "insult," adding he had heard private, unofficial reports that some of the terms set by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei had not been met.
"Iranians should accept a deal only if our rights and all the red lines are preserved and the Islamic Revolution's ideals, especially the fight against global arrogance, are not put aside and forgotten. All cruel sanctions should be lifted immediately, all blocked revenues should be released and no damage should be done to our Islamic and national pride," Kermani said in an address broadcast on radio. (Read more)
2. Who was Chattanooga shooter Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez? - CNN
A once devoted, disciplined mixed martial arts fighter. A top student known for smarts, charm and humor. A devout Muslim, who kept in touch with his roots in the Middle East.
That's how a former coach and classmates describe Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez, 24, who shot dead four U.S. Marines and wounded three more people in Chattanooga, Tennessee, on Thursday, then died in police gunfire.
People who knew him were stunned to hear that he was the man who sprayed a military recruiting center at a strip mall with bullets then drove seven miles to assault a Navy Operational Support Center. (Read more)
- Lord God, it is now being revealed in today's news that this young man spent seven months in Jordan and in Yemen -- a hotbad of jihadist activity -- and yet he still slipped through the cracks of our own intelligence agencies and hence was not even listed on the "watch list' of potential terrorists.
Father, we ask that You would show us Your mercy, and enable all these agencies to do the best work possible to keep our nation safe from terrorists. Next time, Lord, by Your grace, may the next terrorist be caught in time, and eventually won to You in salvation. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen. Amen.
- "Your hand will find all Your enemies; Your right hand will find those who hate You. For they intended evil against You; They devised a plot which they are not able to perform." (Psalm 21:8,11)
3. CAIR cries over "Islamophobic Chattanooga Tweets" - News.Mic
These Islamophobic Chattanooga Tweets Prove Racism Is More Than Just Black & White
On Thursday morning, Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez opened fire at two military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee, killing four Marines and injuring three other individuals. The violence concluded with the death of the gunman, though the condition of his death remains unclear.
Abdulazeez is purported to be a Kuwaiti native and Muslim, which meant it didn't take long before Twitter was awash with anti-Islam tweets, full of accusations suggesting Islam is synonymous with terrorism. (Read more)
- Lord God, we continue to bring CAIR before Your Throne of Grace. Lord God, this is one organization whose mission is to continually call good evil, and evil good. We stand in the gap for their souls, as they spew out their own twisted rhetoric that distorts the truth and the facts. Father, Islam is not a religion of peace. Thank You, Lord, that peace can only be found as we come to know and to receive You as our Savior and our Lord. Amen and amen.
- "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." (Isaiah 5:20)
4. Chattanooga Shooter Attended US Muslim Brotherhood Mosque - The Global MB Daily Watch
US public records and media reporting indicate that Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez, the man accused of killing four Marines at Navy-Marine training facility, had regularly attended a mosque owned by an organization associated with the US Muslim Brotherhood. A New York Times article states that Abdulazeez: . . . had begun showing up fairly regularly at Friday Prayer at the Islamic Society of Greater Chattanooga, a large mosque and cultural center, said Dr. Azhar S. Sheikh, a founding member of the center's board. (Read more)
5. Father of Chattanooga Gunman Once Investigated for 'Terrorist' Ties - Newsmax
The father of a suspected gunman who killed four Marines in Chattanooga, Tennessee, on Thursday was investigated several years ago for "possible ties to a foreign terrorist organization," The New York Times reported.
Citing unnamed law enforcement officials, the paper said the gunman's father was at one point on a terrorist watch list and was questioned while on a trip overseas. (Read more)
6. Walid Shoebat: The Shooter's Disturbing Manifesto - Shoebat.com
Reveals A Sinister And Dark Plan To Slaughter Americans For The Cause Of Islam
. . . How could the entire media miss: " . . . almost every one of the Sahaba [disciples of Muhammad] was a political leader or an army general? Every one of them fought Jihad for the sake of Allah. Every one of them had to make sacrifices in their lives"? . . . (Read more)
7. Idaho: Muslim Refugee Planned Suicide Bombing on U.S. Troops - Breitbart
Federal prosecutors told a jury on Tuesday that an Uzbekistan refugee, 32-year-old Fazliddin Kurbanov, had embarked on a "pathway to terrorism" after converting to Islam after our refugee program brought him into the U.S. from Central Asia. The U.S. government charged Kurbanov with five felonies, and he has pleaded not guilty to them all, including one charge of attempting to support a terrorist organization. (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord, that they have caught this man before his plans could happen. Praise God.
8. Terror Immigration to America Must Stop - FrontPage Magazine
If we really want to stop terrorism, the place to start is the airport. (Read more)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Netanyahu offers condolences over Tennessee shooting - Times of Israel
Israel "stands in solidarity with the United States," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Friday, the day after an attack on army personnel in Tennessee left four US Marines dead.
"On behalf of the people and government of Israel, I extend our deepest sympathies to the families of the victims and wish a speedy and full recovery to the wounded," the prime minister said in a statement. (Read more)
2. South African official threatens to probe students for visiting Israel - Times of Israel
CAPE TOWN - Jewish groups in South Africa condemned a government official for threatening to punish students who visited Israel.
Obed Bapela, a deputy minister in President Jacob Zuma's office, charged the students, who visited Israel recently under the auspices of the South Africa Israel Forum, with bringing the ruling African National Congress into "disrepute" and said the party would "summon" them to an investigation. (Read More)
3. Israel's input was 'essential' in developing Iran deal - top US official - Times of Israel
Despite Jerusalem's vociferous opposition to the nuclear deal the six world powers struck with Iran this week, Israeli officials have made some crucial contributions to it, a senior American official said Thursday.
"We have had extraordinarily close consultation with Israel. Experts from Israel have been essential in the development of this deal," Undersecretary of State Wendy Sherman said. (Read More)
4. ICC judges demand reopening of probe into Mavi Marmara raid - Times of Israel
The International Criminal Court on Thursday requested that chief prosecutor Fatou Bensouda reopen a probe into the 2010 Mavi Marmara flotilla incident, in which nine Turkish activists died in clashes with Israeli forces on a ship attempting to break the Gaza blockade.
Israel condemned the decision, and said the judges had been mobilized by Palestinian "incitement." (Read More)
5. PM slams ICC demand to reopen probe into Mavi Marmara raid - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu condemned the International Criminal Court's request on Thursday that chief prosecutor Fatou Bensouda reopen a probe into the 2010 Mavi Marmara raid incident, in which nine Turkish activists died in clashes with Israeli forces on a ship attempting to break the Gaza blockade.
Netanyahu said the Israeli navy commandos involved acted in self-defense, on a mission to maintain an internationally backed naval blockade. The ICC judges' move was "motivated by cynical politics," he said. Israel's soldiers, he added, would "continue to keep Israel safe," and Israel would "continue to protect them in the international arena." (Read More)
6. Saudi FM says Iran should use nuclear deal to improve its economy rather than 'adventures'
Iran should use a nuclear deal agreed this week with six world powers to improve its own economic situation, and not to pursue "adventures" in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia's foreign minister said on Thursday. (Read More)
7. Islamic State attack on Egyptian Navy vessel caught on camera - Jerusalem Online
The battle between terror cells in Sinai and the Egyptian army continues, as an Egyptian Navy vessel was hit today (Thursday) during clashes between terrorists in the area of Rafah. The Islamic State took responsibility for the shooting and even published photos from the incident.
The Egyptian Army Spokesperson issued an official statement reporting that an exchange of fire began in the morning hours between an Egyptian coastguard ship and terrorists who were identified near the Rafah coast. The army vessel, which was used amongst others for the transportation of army forces, caught fire as a result of the shooting but no one was injured. The Islamic State in Sinai took responsibility for the shooting and published photos of the incident a short while later. (Read More)
8. Israel assassinated top Syrian general: leaked US files - Yahoo News
Washington (AFP) - Israel is responsible for the 2008 murder of a top security aide of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, according to secret US intelligence files.
Brigadier General Mohammed Sleiman was shot in the head and neck on August 1, 2008 by a small team of Israeli commandos as he enjoyed a dinner party at his luxury seaside home on the Syrian coast, said The Intercept website, citing the leaked files.
The Israeli military team then escaped by sea. (Read More)
The Daily Brief
1. Conservatives warn IRS could target gay marriage opponents - AP
A brief exchange during Supreme Court arguments in the same-sex marriage case has exploded into a full-blown crisis for some conservatives who warn that the IRS could start revoking the tax-exempt status of religious groups that oppose gay marriage.
The attorneys general of 15 states have written Congress asking for legislation to protect religious schools and other groups. Bills in the House and Senate are gaining support. Officials are responding to the Supreme Court ruling in June that required every state to recognize same-sex marriages. (Read more here.)
- Abba Father, we thank You for bringing this to our attention. We are not surprised, however, that this could well be an issue we must face head-on. We ask for Your wisdom and strategies to be given to all legal professionals who would be tasked with stopping this interference with our right to practice our religious beliefs according to Your Word. We are committed to You and Your Word, and You are our Source for everything, not just financial. We thank You that You said we have the Mind of Christ, and we pray that we would use it in dealing with this situation, and have discretion, and understanding, as well as integrity and remain true to Your Word. We ask for Your Victory in this situation, we pray, for Your glory, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
- "There is no wisdom, understanding, or advice that can succeed against the Lord. You can get the horses ready for battle, but it is the Lord who gives the victory." (Proverbs 21:30,31)
2. ALERT! UN Set to Adopt Iran Nuke Deal Monday in Obama Blitzkrieg
- Arutz Sheva
Quick vote to be held under a procedure that will expose Israel to isolation if it speaks out against adopting the Iran deal.
In a diplomatic blitzkrieg, the Obama Administration has set this coming Monday at 9 a.m. EST for a vote at the UN Security Council (UNSC) in New York on the adoption of the Iran nuclear deal, which was announced by the world's leading powers and the Islamic Republic of Iran in Vienna on Tuesday. A terse announcement by the New Zealand delegation which assumed the monthly rotating UNSC's Presidency for July revealed the vote session.
"The Iran JCPOA (Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action) resolution is now under silence and its adoption has been scheduled for Monday 20 July at 9 a.m.," read the announcement on the Iran deal vote. From the New Zealand statement's use of the diplomatic jargon of "under silence," it appears the UNSC may employ a rarely used "under silence" procedure in such an important vote at the UNSC. (Read more)
- O Lord, Most High, how foolish is man that he should think he could outwit You!! You are the Ruler of all nations, and we do ask You to intervene and strike this agreement down now! Deal with each nation, and diplomat according to their heart and their vote. May they know that there is a God in Zion, Who is greater than all gods, the only one true God! Your Counsel stands!! May they see this, and quake with great fear to endeavor to oppose the Almighty. Reveal Your right arm and show Your power, we pray. Amen.
- "For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast. The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nought; He makes the thoughts and plans of the peoples of no effect. The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the thoughts of His heart through all generations." (Psalm 33:9-11 AMP)
3. AIPAC to Fight White House Head-to-Head in Battle Over Iran Deal
- Times of Israel
Staff, activists told to cancel summer plans as lobby group gears up for effort to have accord knocked down in Congress. That was the order AIPAC's executive director, Howard Kohr, gave his employees in a staff meeting convened this week at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee after the United States announced the Iran nuclear deal.
With the influential pro-Israel lobby group pushing for Congress to reject the deal negotiated by the Obama administration, it's all hands on deck. Lay leaders, too, are canceling their summer plans, and AIPAC activists already are calling lawmakers and hitting synagogue list servers with appeals to can the plan. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that AIPAC is choosing to oppose the Iran Deal, and to fight it. We ask that their efforts will be successful, as we all know that the future of Israel depends on its defeat. We thank You that You surround Your people with Your favor, and wisdom. We ask for a great mobilization against this deal and that it would be overwhelmingly voted down by Congress, consist with overriding any threatened vetoes, we pray. Hear our prayer, O Lord, our trust is in You alone. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.
- "It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your face, for You loved them." (Psalm 44:3)
4. Franklin Graham unloads on Obama over Iran hostages - WND
World renowned evangelist Franklin Graham sent out a stern warning about the nuclear deal President Obama has inked with Iran, calling on Congress to use "wisdom" and discernment while they debate the specifics of the accord.
In a Facebook post, Graham said: "President Obama is heralding his nuclear deal with Iran as 'another chapter in the pursuit of a more helpful and more hopeful world.' I don't think so. Iran has a history of funding terrorism around the world, and they are Israel's worst enemy." (Read more)
- Father, we do thank You for our brother, Franklin Graham, speaking out on this deal with Iran, and his complaint about not bringing our hostages home. It seems as though our country has given all the concessions and compromises. We were always taught, that in a battle, you do not compromise, unless you are losing! We didn't think we were losing . . . more like "giving up", by this president. We do ask that You prosper Mr. Graham's campaign against this very bad deal for us and for Israel. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you ma observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord Your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:8,9)
5. Kerry: US Captives Raised at All Iran Talks - VOA
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry says the issue of four Americans still detained in Iran was brought up by the U.S. side during every meeting at the recent Iran nuclear talks in Vienna.
"There was not a meeting that took place... where we did not raise the issue of our American citizens being held," Kerry told MSNBC.
Kerry stressed that the issue was even discussed during his final meeting with his Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif in Vienna, before the historic Iran nuclear agreement was announced.
"We remain very, very hopeful that Iran will make a decision to do the right thing and return those citizens to the United States," Kerry said. (Read more)
- Lord, why have we not heard this before? Surely Secretary Kerry could not be telling us an untruth, could he? We would like to believe that it is true, and if so, that You will work on the minds and hearts of those who heard it, and incline their hearts to show favor for this request for freedom for our citizens. We ask for favor, Lord, for these imprisoned ones Protect them, O Lord, and bring them home safely and soon. Comfort their families, we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "But let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread Your protection over them,that those who love Your name may rejoice in You. Surely, Lord, You bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favor as with a shield." (Psalms 5:11,12)
6. Obama launches free high-speed Internet service for low-income households - Time
"Today, I want to focus on one way we can prepare our kids and our workers for an increasingly competitive world," Obama said in an address to the Choctaw nation in Durant, Okla., about the new initiative, called ConnectHome. "Today, we are going to take another step to close the digital divide in America and make sure everyone in America has high-speed Internet." (Read more)
- Lord, this sounds like a wonderful idea for those who really wish to use the internet for good purposes. We do ask that those who take advantage of this offer will do so, with good intentions to improve learning skills and learn important and necessary things. We pray it will not be used for evil, such as porn, or hacking. We thank You, Lord, for this blessing for those who need it and will use it responsibly. For those who would not use it responsibly, we pray they may be weeded out. Thank You for Your goodness! In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly." (Psalm 84:11)
7. 1/3 of 10-Year-Olds Access Internet Porn, 'The New Crack Cocaine,' Health Experts Warn - Christian Post
A group of health experts gathered on Capitol Hill Tuesday to brief congressional staff members on the new 'public health crisis' facing America -- the growing use of internet pornography among younger children and the impact it has on their mental growth and social understanding of sex.
The accelerated growth of the internet within the last decade has made it easier now more than ever for children and adults to access free pornographic images and videos, and to get addicted to viewing such materials. (Read more)
- Abba, our hearts are grieved over this news! We as parents, and grandparents, are appalled by such neglect that these very young children could even find these sites and access them. We all know that porn sites seem to breed rapists, according to the rapists themselves. We do not want to teach children to be criminals or give them unhealthy, distorted views of Your Creation and Your purposes in that Creation. We ask that somehow the internet would be able to be monitored and those sites blocked out to young children, we pray. Lord give Congress Your wisdom in stopping this problem, we pray. Amen.
- "If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in Me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come! "(Matthew 18:6,7)
8. Revealed: 276 'sanctuary cities' let 8,145 illegal offenders free in just 8 months, 17,000 total - Washington Examiner
Some 276 'sanctuary cities,' nearly 50 percent more than previously revealed, released over 8,000 illegal immigrants with criminal records or facing charges free despite federal requests that they be turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement for deportation, according to an explosive new report. (Read more)
- Lord, no wonder lawlessness is running rampant in our nation. Even these cities are defying the federal government in releasing illegal immigrants with criminal records, back into their communities, with no regard for the law, or the safety of its citizens. Who is protecting the citizens? Why were these "sanctuary cities" created to protect criminals?
We ask, Lord, that somehow sanity would return to our nation, and particularly those who are in positions to serve and protect the law-abiding, tax-paying citizens of their communities. We ask, Lord, that there be a great out-cry from the people, and that Congress would pass legislation to disband these "sanctuaries" for evil-doers! Have mercy on us, O Lord! Give wisdom, we pray. Amen.
- "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil, who put darkness for light, and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." (Isaiah 5:20)
9. Nancy Pelosi on San Francisco: 'I Support the Sanctuary' - NewsMax
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Thursday she is in favor of San Francisco's policy of not enforcing federal immigration laws, which made national news when an illegal alien allegedly shot and killed a woman earlier this month. (Read more)
- Father, we do not understand why Ms Pelosi would state her approval of "sanctuary" cities in her own state. It would seem that a legislator on the federal level would want federal laws to be obeyed. Apparently, this is not so in her case.
We ask Lord for a new Congress and Senate who respect Your laws, and that they would enact laws to protect the people, not to put them at further risk. We do ask that these "sanctuary cities" would be disbanded as "safe havens" for the wicked. O Lord, how far we have fallen! Save us, Lord! Give wisdom, and courage, and integrity, we pray in Your Name, Amen.
- "But now we call the arrogant blessed. Certainly evildoers prosper and even when they put God to the test, they get away with it. Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in His presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored His name." (Malachi 3:15,16)
10. 'He was our hero': 4 Marines killed in Tennessee terror attack ID'd
- Fox News
One was a 21-year-old from Georgia, who served as a lance corporal artillery cannoneer. Another was a 40-year-old from Massachusetts, who survived two tours in Iraq and earned two Purple Hearts.
A day after a gunman opened fire on military personnel in Chattanooga, Tenn. -- killing four Marines -- profiles of the men who served their country only to die on its soil began to emerge. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for these fine men, who have served their nation with valor. Lord God, we grieve today not only with and for their loved ones, but also for a nation that has so lost its way that these uniformed officers were not able to carry a weapon to defend themselves. Help us, O Lord, we pray. Amen and amen.
- "(Give) honor to whom honor is due." (Romans 13:7)
The Daily Jot
Islamist murders Marines--prophetic or coincidence?
Within 24 hours of the White House announcement of a nuclear deal with Iran and Israel's harsh rebuttal of that deal as a "stunning historic mistake," five people, four of them US marines, were murdered by an Islamist. Kuwaiti-born Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez picked a "no gun" zone at two military facilities in Chattanooga, Tn., and sprayed bullets as he drove from a recruiting office in a strip mall to a naval training center seven miles down the road. He was finally shot and killed by a police officer. American lives were taken on our soil by yet another Islamist, this time, almost immediately after the announcement of coming against Israel through the Iranian nuclear agreement. Prophetic, coincidence, unrelated?
Seen from time to time at the Islamic Society of Greater Chattanooga, authorities say that Abdulazeez was not on the "radar" of Homeland Security or any other federal agency. AP reports that "The US National Counterterrorism Center said it has seen nothing so far to connect Abdulazeez to any terrorist organization, but intelligence officials are monitoring the investigation closely. The Islamic State group has been encouraging extremists to carry out attacks in the US, and several such homegrown acts or plots have unfolded in recent months." Elected officials refuse to suspend their disbelief that such a "peaceful religion" would routinely commit such horrible acts in the name of religion.
This is the problem with Islam in America. Islam is a political and military system disguised as a religion. It uses "religious freedom" to advance its politics and uses radicalized terrorists as its military. There are over 100 verses in the Koran that instruct Muslims to slaughter infidels and bring them under submission to Islam. It is neither peaceful nor a religion. It is a caliph, a dictatorship, a thearchy--a political system based on government of men who claim to act on behalf of a god. This is why Islam is antithetical to a Constitutional Republic or, for that matter, any form of democratic rule. In short, by allowing Islam to exist in America, we are giving place to a thearchy that seeks to overthrow our form of government.
Notwithstanding, it is curious that such a brutal attack would come on the heels of a "president" announcing a deal with a terrorist-sponsoring state that jeopardizes the long-term security of Israel. While we know that we are not in the "Day of the Lord" in the context of the very end of times, we do know that prophecy unveils itself in layers. Zechariah 12:3 says, "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces..." Given that America has allowed Islam to colonize within its shores, and that the current Administration has been hostile toward Israel, we may be in a time where prophecy layers are being revealed. Coming to mind is Jeremiah 51:14, "I will fill thee with men, as with locusts; and they shall raise a battle cry against thee."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Terror In Tennessee
Terror In Tennessee
How many times are we going to watch this play out?
Once again, unarmed U.S. servicemen were gunned down by a radical Islamist, this time in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We have seen this tragedy too many times -- Fort Hood and the Little Rock recruiting center (Did you forgot about that one?). We have seen attacks on soldiers in Canada and in the streets of London, where a soldier was beheaded. Other planned attacks were thwarted.
We have learned that one of the Marines murdered yesterday fought twice in Iraq and was decorated for his service. Because this Marine had been betrayed by the left's radical anti-Second Amendment agenda, one inexperienced jihadist succeeded in doing in Chattanooga what trained Islamists could not do in Iraq.
But if you need a reminder of how committed the Obama Administration is to doing everything it can to prevent us from understanding the dangers we face, ponder this: It's the last day of Ramadan. We were told to expect attacks over the July 4th holiday. Alerts went out warning soldiers and police officers to be careful.
The jihadist is 24 years old. His name is Muhammad. He's from Kuwait. He is a Muslim. His father was once on the terrorism watch list. As a high school student he complained about being discriminated against. He became increasingly devout.
Yet, this morning there were streaming headlines on every channel saying that the FBI is still searching for a motive and can't find a link to terrorism.
Over the years, I have had the greatest respect for the brave men and women in the FBI. There is no way the FBI I have known my entire life would put out public statements suggesting that they have no clue what this is all about. If the FBI is so clueless, we should shut it down because it would be worthless.
I'll make the same observation I have made many times over the last seven years: Why aren't more good Americans resigning their government positions rather than becoming tools of this administration's propaganda machine? (Gary Bauer)
In recent years when young African Americans have been killed in confrontations with police, the president has rarely hesitated to cite the death as an example of the racism that still exists in American society and law enforcement.
When a thug in North Carolina shot members of a Muslim family, the president said it was a likely hate crime and evidence that some people in this country still do not accept their fellow Muslim citizens.
The president yesterday seemed simply to be going through the motions. He could have easily said, "We are still investigating, but this was a young Muslim man, and it is the end of Ramadan. Common sense tells us that there is a major problem within Islam that must be addressed."
But the words "Muslim" or "Islam" were never mentioned during his measured and halting response.
Think about this: One demonic bigot who posed for a picture with a Confederate battle flag kills nine God-fearing black Americans in a church and Obama and the entire left-wing establishment use that act to wage war on Southern culture.
Beyond removing the Confederate flag from the South Carolina capitol grounds, there is now talk of tearing down statues, sandblasting mountains and literally digging up graves.
The same president tells us time and again that the Muslims killing us are not Muslims, are not speaking for Muslims and have nothing to do with Muslims.
I saw a photo of a Marine handing a folded American flag to a Chattanooga police officer yesterday as a gesture of thanks for coming to the rescue of our Marines. I don't think the left has any idea what that symbolism means to most Americans.
If only we could get the left to wage war on the radical Islamists who want us all dead with the same vengeance they deploy against conservatives, ISIS wouldn't stand a chance!
>From a public policy standpoint, let's at least do the easy thing: Let the young men and women we send to fight on foreign battlefields have their weapons! One Islamist thug can kill four Marines in the heartland of America because not one of them had a way to fight back.
By the way, if Republicans are wondering why Donald Trump keeps gaining traction, he immediately responded to yesterday's news with a tough statement demanding we reverse Bill Clinton's anti-Second Amendment policy and allow soldiers to carry weapons again. (Gary Bauer)
FRC Statement to 12 House Members
FRC Action Calls on a Dozen House Members to Return Thousands of Dollars in Planned Parenthood PAC Contributions
July 17, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Family Research Council Action is calling on a dozen Members of the House of Representatives, 11 Democrats and one Republican, to return campaign contributions made by Planned Parenthood's PAC over the last two years. The request follows the release of information suggesting that Planned Parenthood has been involved in the illegal trafficking of body parts of aborted babies.
Eleven Democratic House Members accepted a total of $ 84,310 from Planned Parenthood's PAC since 2013. Democratic members include Ann Kirkpatrick (AZ-1), Kyrsten Sinema (AZ-9), Ami Bera (CA-7), Pete Aguilar (CA-31), Raul Ruiz (CA-36), Scott Peters (CA-52), Gwen Graham (FL-2), Patrick Murphy (FL-18), Rick Nolan (MN-8), Sean Maloney (NY-18), and Brad Ashford (NE-2). Republican Richard Hanna (NY - 22) accepted $2,800. (Family Research Council)
Read the letter to these House Democrats here.
Why Oppose the Iran Deal?
10 Quick Reasons to Oppose the Iran Deal
1. Iran has a long history of cheating.
2. The inspections allowed are not adequate to catch their cheating.
3. Iran receives $100 billion as soon as the deal is implemented.
4. Iran keeps its nuclear facilities and equipment.
5. Iran can continue its nuclear research and we even promise to help them.
6. Sanctions are lifted on the Iranian military, including forces who killed U.S. soldiers in Iraq.
7. Iran is not restricted from funding terrorist groups including Hamas and Hezbollah, who hate Israel and the U.S.
8. The deal will set off a nuclear arms race in the Middle East and a make war more likely.
9. The deal abandons Israel and our other allies while we embrace Iran.
10. The fate of Americans held in Iranian jails on false charges were not included in the deal.
For more information or to download a printable version of these talking points, go to cufiactionfund.org. If you would like to help CUFI Action Fund fight Obama's dangerous deal, click here.
Obama Abandons Hostages in Iran
Obama Administration Continues Insolent Tone with Media over American "Hostages" Abandoned in Iran
The Obama Administration is adding insult to injury. After President Obama attacked a reporter questioning his decision to make a deal with Iran leaving four American hostages behind as "nonsense," Undersecretary of State Wendy Sherman continued this insolent tone yesterday.
A reporter in yesterday's State Department briefing asked Undersecretary Sherman - who has been the Administration's point person on the entire negotiation process - a simple question, "Did the hostages ever come up [during nuclear talks] or were they only a sideline issue?"
Instead of merely addressing the question, Undersecretary Sherman attacked the reporter's characterization of the wrongfully imprisoned Americans as "hostages." As the Washington Free Beacon reports:
"Well the Americans, we probably legally would not call them hostages," Sherman instructed the reporters. She suggested the term "detainees" instead, and assured the press that "our focus of attention has been and always will be" bringing home the four American hostages.
Not hostages? That's absurd.
(ACLJ) Read more here.
Pastor Saeed: "God is in Control"
Naghmeh Abedini Shares Saeed's Latest Letter from Iran Prison: Hope Not in Government Officials, "God is in Control"
"I know that so many of you have felt that I have been left behind after a deal was reached with Iran and I am still not home... [God] is in control and He is the One who beautifully writes the history over all governments, presidents, and any P5+1 negotiating team." -Pastor Saeed
Naghmeh Abedini, wife of imprisoned Pastor Saeed Abedini, asked for continued strength for her husband and for her and her family as they continue to fight for his release.
The release of Abedini and four other Americans were not included in a nuclear deal reached this week between world leaders and Iran.
"The ups and downs have really allowed the Lord to refine me and teach me to keep my eyes on Him and my hope on Him instead of governments and officials," she said.
"I want to believe the best for my family, for Saeed and for my children but I continue to be in contact with the State Department and the White House and continue to pressure them that he is released immediately," Naghmeh said.
"He is in the hands of hardliners that are chanting 'death to America.' These are the people that are holding him," she said. (CBN News) Read more here.
Petition: Bring Saeed Home
Reject the Deal; Bring Pastor Saeed Home
American Pastor Saeed has been abandoned.
The Obama Administration reached a nuclear deal with Iran, leaving Pastor Saeed and three other American hostages behind.
President Obama broke a promise to Pastor Saeed's family.
He promised to make Pastor Saeed's release a "top priority." Instead, this U.S. citizen is left to suffer beatings, torment, and excruciating pain in one of the world's worst prisons because he is a Christian.
The Administration has committed diplomatic malpractice. It's unconscionable.
But the fight isn't over. The deal isn't final. Congress has a voice.
We're aggressively working in the House and Senate, demanding Congress reject the deal.
Pastor Saeed desperately needs your voice more now than ever.
You can sign the petition to Congress to REJECT THE DEAL by going here.
Christian Prayers for Ramadan
Christian Prayers for Ramadan
Day 30: Friday, July 17
God is at work in the Muslim world today. His Spirit is drawing countless thousands of Muslims to new life in Jesus. But how can we participate in what God is doing? Here are five steps we can take right now:
(1) Pray for Muslims
A Muslim-background believer in North Africa was asked, "Why do you think so many of your people are now having dreams and visions of Christ?" Her response: "I believe the prayers of people around the world have been ascending to the heavens, where they have accumulated like great monsoon clouds. Today, they are raining down upon my people miracles of grace and salvation."
(2) Support outreach and ministries to Muslims
Muslims do not come to faith in Jesus just because of a dream or vision. As it is written, "How can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard?" (Romans 10:14) Communicating the gospel to Muslims is our job. Today, there are many effective ministries to Muslims, but these require our prayerful support. We must contribute to effective outreach to Muslims.
(3) Go to Muslims
"And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?" (Romans 10:14) Some who are praying through this 30 Days Prayer Guide are being called to take the gospel to Muslims. Unless we overcome fear and hatred, ignorance and apathy, we will be only spectators in God's great redemption story among Muslims.
(4) Minister to Muslims in your own community
Many Muslims have moved to other nations, often to flee terrors in the House of Islam or to seek a better hope for their children. How will you view Muslim immigrants to your nation? With prejudice and avoidance or as an unparallelled opportunity to share with them the love and grace of Jesus Christ?
(5) Share the gospel with Muslims
There are many ways to communicate the love and gospel of Jesus Christ effectively with Muslims. When we join in these, we catch the Wind of the Spirit that is blowing through the House of Islam and are carried along with it.
How can we pray?
Pray for Muslims in your own community and around the world whenever they are in the news.
Pray for missionaries and Muslim background believers who are taking the gospel deep into the House of Islam.
Pray that God would raise up more witnesses to Muslims, and ask God what He would have you do to minister to Muslims and share your faith with them.
His Spirit is drawing countless thousands of Muslims to new life in Jesus.
A Verse to Decree:
"They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.' (Zechariah 13:9)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
GUIDE ME, O THOU GREAT JEHOVAH
"By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud
. . . and by night in a pillar of fire." (Exodus 13:21)
Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah,
Pilgrim through this barren land.
I am weak, but Thou art mighty;
Hold me with Thy powerful hand.
Bread of Heaven, Bread of Heaven,
Feed me till I want no more;
Feed me till I want no more.
Open now the crystal fountain,
Whence the healing stream doth flow;
Let the fire and cloudy pillar
Lead me all my journey through.
Strong Deliverer, strong Deliverer,
Be Thou still my Strength and Shield;
Be Thou still my Strength and Shield.
Lord, I trust Thy mighty power,
Wondrous are Thy works of old;
Thou deliver'st Thine from thralldom,
Who for naught themselves had sold:
Thou didst conquer, Thou didst conquer,
Sin, and Satan and the grave,
Sin, and Satan and the grave.
When I tread the verge of Jordan,
Bid my anxious fears subside;
Death of deaths, and hell's destruction,
Land me safe on Canaan's side.
Songs of praises, songs of praises,
I will ever give to Thee;
I will ever give to Thee.
Musing on my habitation,
Musing on my heav'nly home,
Fills my soul with holy longings:
Come, my Jesus, quickly come;
Vanity is all I see;
Lord, I long to be with Thee!
Lord, I long to be with Thee!
Please go here!
About the Author:
Words: William Williams, 1745
Music: John Hughes, 1907.
About this Hymn:
Hughes wrote this tune in Tonteg (near Pontypridd), Wales, to commemorate a music festival held in nearby Capel Rhondda, Hopkinstown. It was first performed November 1 that year to Welsh words by Ann Griffiths; in the early days it was simply known as Rhondda, but within a year he changed the name to Cwm Rhondda, used Peter Williams' translation, and the rest is history.
This hymn was sung, in Welsh, in the Academy Award winning movie How Green Was My Valley (1941). It was sung in English at the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales, in Westminster Abbey, London, September 6, 1997.
Signs and Wonders
Thousands urged to evacuate as Typhoon Nangka hits Japan
Powerful Typhoon Nangka was barrelling towards the Japanese mainland early Friday after killing at least two people on the island of Shikoku as authorities urged more than 350,000 residents to evacuate. Nangka, which overnight was packing gusts up to 185 kilometres (115 miles) per hour, made landfall near Cape Muroto on Shikoku, one of the country's main islands, around 11:00 pm (1400 GMT) Thursday, the Japan Meteorological Agency said. (Read more)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Chattanooga Church "Abba's House" Opens Doors for Community to Pray and Mourn after Shootings
After Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez, a 24-year-old Kuwaiti-born gunman, killed four marines and injured three other people, nearly 500 believers flocked to Abba's House to make intercession. Abba's House sits less than 10 minutes away from the site of the deadly Chattanooga, Tennessee, shooting.
"The perpetrator lived within a mile and a half from our church," says Ron Phillips, senior pastor of Abba's House, which is located in the Chattanooga suburb of Hixon, Tennessee. "I got a call from a leader in our police force. We knew way ahead that the four marines were dead. We knew they had been shot many times. We couldn't say anything about it so we began to pray."
Phillips' son, Ronnie, who serves as senior associate pastor at Abba's House, suggested the church open up for prayer to a grieving community. After the lockdown lifted, the doors opened.
People from across the region started trickling into the church at 3:30 p.m. Less than two hours later, over 450 people were crying out to God in the name of Jesus.
"We've never had anything like this happen in Chattanooga," says Ronnie. "We don't expect to have domestic terrorism here. We expect to hear about that in New York or Atlanta. We wanted an outlet for our people to pray, to mourn, to cry."
Abba's House didn't hold a service. No one preached. Light music played in the background. The American flag flew at half staff. There was a counseling team on site to help people process the shock, grief and anger.
"We were praying for the victims' families," Ronnie says. "This was just individual prayer. I was not out front leading it and we didn't want there to be a microphone. It was just a somber place for people to be with the Lord."
. . . Phillips will host a tribute service Sunday morning at Abba's House to honor the fallen soldiers. You can watch it online at www.abbashouse.com.
"This is a war and these solders are victims of the war. We will start the service with Taps," Phillips says. "We are going to sing some songs about how we believe our God is bigger. If America prays we can see our nation turn around." (Charisma News) Read more here.
(Also reported by Breaking Christian News)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"You Are" - Colton Dixon
Yes, Lord . . . You are!
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt & Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Restoration" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!
Thank you for your offerings
ABOUT CAPITOL HILL PRAYER PARTNERS
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Learn more about CHPP by going here.
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here.
Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system: https://www.egsnetwork.com/gift/gift.php?giftid=3B77E058-983E-4415-AA4E-2F82ED1A4DEA#
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)