Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
"The Lord has established His throne in heaven, and His sovereignty rules over all." (Ps. 103:19)
The Daily Brief will not be published this Friday, July 24.
" . . . His sovereignty rules over all." (Psalm 103:19b)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Most ancient Torah scroll since Dead Sea Scrolls found and restored -Jerusalem Post
A small, seemingly unremarkable burned parchment fragment found 45 years ago during excavations on the western shore of the Dead Sea has emerged after hi-tech sequencing as part of the Book of Leviticus from a 1,500-year-old Torah scroll.
The find from an excavation of the ark of the synagogue at Ein Gedi was deemed the most important discovery since the Dead Sea Scrolls at its unveiling Monday at the Antiquities Authority's Jerusalem laboratory in the Israel Museum. (Read More)
2. EU statement demands usual of Israel, but chides PA's lack of involvement in Gaza - Jerusalem Post
In rare public criticism of the Palestinian Authority, the EU's foreign ministers issued conclusions Monday on the Middle East peace process and called on the PA to "take greater responsibility" for the Gaza Strip.
"The EU calls on the Palestinian factions to make reconciliation and the return of the PA to Gaza a top priority," said the statement, issued after a meeting of the 28 EU foreign ministers in Brussels. "The PA must take greater responsibility in this regard and assume its government function in the Gaza Strip, including in the field of security, civil administration and through its presence at the Gaza crossing points."(Read More)
3. Hamas Executes Commander Accused of Providing Israel With Intelligence on Terror Chief Mohammed Deif - Algemeiner
Gaza based terror group Hamas executed one of its military commanders who was charged with exposing its top commander Mohammad Deif during last summer's Operation Protective Edge, Israel's Channel 2 reported on Monday.
According to the report, Muhammad Shtiawi provided Israel with the intelligence that guided the Aug. 19, 2014 IDF strike on Deif's house. While the Hamas commander's wife, infant son, and daughter were all killed in the strike, Deif apparently survived, sustaining injuries. (Read More)
4. After Israel talks, Pentagon chief says: 'Friends can disagree' - Reuters
U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter never expected to win over Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about the merits of the nuclear agreement with Iran but tried to put a brave face on their sometimes blunt, closed-door exchange on Tuesday.
"We don't agree on everything. And the prime minister made it quite clear that he disagreed with us on with respect to the nuclear deal," Carter said at an airbase in Jordan.
"But friends can disagree."
Since arriving in Israel on Sunday, Carter has sought to look beyond the political tensions between Israel and the United States that have only deepened since last week's announcement of a deal curbing Iran's nuclear program. (Read More)
5. Netanyahu struggles to govern with narrow majority - Times of Israel
When Benjamin Netanyahu called early elections last year, he said his unwieldy coalition was untenable and that Israel needed a more stable government to carry out vital reforms.
But two months into his new term in office, Netanyahu finds himself depending on an even narrower majority, susceptible to the extortion of practically any lawmaker. (Read More)
6. BIN EXCLUSIVE: Sanhedrin Calls Obama to Trial on Mt. Zion - Breaking Israel News
A re-established and self declared Israeli Sanhedrin is calling US President Barack Obama to trial for what it says are "criminal offenses" against the Jewish people following the passage of the Iran nuclear deal.
The modern day Jewish high court, made up of 71 Judaic scholars and rabbis, plan to bring the American president to trial on Mount Zion on September 9, 2015, four days before Rosh Hashana, the beginning of heavenly judgement days for the Jewish nation.
According to a letter obtained exclusively by Breaking Israel News that was sent to the president, the Sanhedrin calls out Obama for "deliberately promoting genocide for the Jewish people." The judges of the Sanhedrin call on the president to "immediately announce that you are repealing and suspending the agreement." (Read More)
The Daily Brief
1. Russia-US Political Crisis May Intensify Further With Kremlin Testing New Heavy Intercontinental Missile In Two Years - IBTimes
Russia is working on the third stage of developing and designing the Sarmat heavy intercontinental ballistic missile. An official said the tests are expected to start in 18 to 24 months.
The Sarmat heavy ICBM will replace the current Voyevoda ICBM in the Russian Strategic Missile Force, known to NATO as SS-18 Satan. Union of Geopolitics Chairman Konstantin Sivkov said the SS-18 Satan is among the outdated missiles in the Russian arsenal.
Sivkov said the Russian armed forces would get Yars-type missiles. The outdated ones include the MR-UR-100, which is from the 1970s. The R-36M2 Voyevoda, or Satan SS-18, will be removed from service partially as well. Sivkov earlier told Pravda, "They will be replaced with the new Sarmat missile, the performance of which will be equal to that of Satan." (Read more)
- Abba Father, We thank You for all that You do for us, and that You hear us. Abba, Putin is angry at the USA for storing heavy weapons in Eastern European nations and the Baltic states. Today, we are again close to a cold war with Russia. Abba, our military considers Russia to be our number one enemy because of its nuclear capabilities and its aggressive behavior in the Crimea, Georgia and Ukraine. Abba, we ask that the tensions between our two countries diminish, and that there would be peace. Only You Abba can remedy this situation. In His Name we pray, Amen.
-For thus says the Lord, "Behold, I extend peace to her like a river, And the glory of the nations like an overflowing stream; And you will be nursed, you will be carried on the hip and fondled on the knees. (Isaiah 66:12)
2. Sanhedrin Calls Obama to Trial on Mt. Zion - Breaking Israel News
A re-established and self declared Israeli Sanhedrin is calling US President Barack Obama to trial for what it says are "criminal offenses" against the Jewish people following the passage of the Iran nuclear deal.
According to a letter obtained exclusively by Breaking Israel News that was sent to the president, the Sanhedrin calls out Obama for "deliberately promoting genocide for the Jewish people." The judges of the Sanhedrin call on the president to "immediately announce that you are repealing and suspending the agreement."
The Sanhedrin, which has been active in Israel for over a decade, recently made news when it announced that it would be putting Pope Francis on trial in absentia for his recognition of a "State of Palestine".
"We are here for matters great and small, those that pertain to Israel, and those that pertain to other nations as well," said Rabbi Dov Stein, secretary of the Sanhedrin, to Breaking Israel News. "It is part of the process of Geula (redemption) and of the Nation of Israel coming back to the Land of Israel, reestablishing the Sanhedrin and restoring the nation as it once was, 'For out of Zion shall the Torah go out, and the world of God from Jerusalem.'" (Read more)
- Ah Lord God, We pray that You bless this effort to put President Obama and Secretary of State Kerry on trial for abandoning Israel, and our other allies in the Middle East to the Iranian Nuclear debacle agreement. In His Name we pray, Amen.
-On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, "To your descendants I have given this land, From the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates: (Genesis 15:18)
3. Army chief Odierno, in exit interview, says US could have 'prevented' ISIS rise - Fox News
The Army's top officer told Fox News Tuesday it's "frustrating" to watch the gains he helped achieve in Iraq disintegrate at the hands of the Islamic State, saying in an exit interview that the chaos now unfolding "might have been prevented" had the U.S. stayed more engaged.
Army Chief of Staff Gen. Ray Odierno, weeks away from retirement after 39 years in uniform, spent more time in Iraq than any other U.S. Army general -- more than four years, the last two as top commander. He is widely viewed as a key architect of the Iraq surge. In an exclusive interview with Fox News, the general tackled a range of topics, from the Iran nuclear deal to the deep cuts to U.S. Army troop levels. But Odierno had pointed words on the rise of ISIS in Iraq and Syria - suggesting it didn't have to be this way. "It's frustrating to watch it," Odierno said. "I go back to the work we did in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 and we got it to a place that was really good. Violence was low, the economy was growing, politics looked like it was heading in the right direction."
Odierno said the fall of large parts of Iraq was not inevitable, reiterating concerns about the pace of the U.S. troop withdrawal there. "If we had stayed a little more engaged, I think maybe it might have been prevented," he said. "I've always believed the United States played the role of honest broker between all the groups and when we pulled ourselves out, we lost that role." (Read more)
- Lord God, we are grieved to read this report, and we share the chagrin spoken by Army Chief of Staff Gen. Ray Odierno over what is happening now in Iraq. We thank You, Lord, that this good man did try to speak up and warn the administration that a draw down of American troops would endanger the new government in Iraq, and we repent that those in authority did not heed his words.
Father God, as Congress continues to make budget decisions for our military, let them remember Gen. Odierno's words. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice." (Proverbs 12:15)
4. British charge Muslim man in plot against U.S. military, trying to join ISIS - Fox News
A Muslim delivery driver used his rides to scout the largest U.S. air base in Britain, all the while planning to run over an American serviceman, kill him with a knife and detonate a suicide vest, according to UK prosecutor Mark Dawson.
Authorities in Britain charged two Muslim relatives on Tuesday with terror-related offenses, alleging that one was plotting an attack against U.S. military personnel in the UK and the other planned to go to the Middle East to join ISIS.
Dawson told the court that both men indicated a plea of not guilty. Their next court date is set for Aug. 18 and they've been remanded to custody, according to the UK Daily Telegraph. "He was planning a car accident-style attack to run over a serviceman and use a knife to kill that serviceman, and to do so, certainly had in mind the wearing of a suicide vest," Dawson said, according to the Telegraph. (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord, for the British! Once again, our faithful allies have taken quick action, and the lives of our military have been spared as a result. Lord God, we pray that our administration would follow the lead of England, and that we, too, would take quick action to protect the members of our armed services, and their families, wherever they may be. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord . . ." (Psalm 150:6)
5. Kenya witch doctor foretells Obama visit - USA Today
KOGELO, Kenya - President Obama is not officially scheduled to visit his ancestral home when he visits East Africa this week, but witch doctor John Dimo knows better.
After tossing some shells and animal bones on the ground, Dimo is convinced the American president will come to this tiny village, home of Mama Sarah Obama, 95, his step-grandmother, and the burial place of Barack Obama Sr., his father.
"The results indicate that Obama will come to Kogelo," Dimo told a circle of residents this month as they cheered with excitement at the prospect of a presidential visit as they watched his fortunetelling ritual. "It's a big secret, and he need not tell anybody that he will be visiting his ancestral home." (Read more)
- Abba Father, We thank You that President Obama's family in Kenya has done a lot of good in President Obama's name. Deliver President Obama from witch doctors and their curses. If it is Your will that President Obama go to Kogelo, then let it be so. His Grandma wants to see him. In His Name we pray, Amen.
-Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God. (Leviticus 19:31)
6. Obama urges vets to back Iran deal to avoid 'unnecessary wars' - Times of Israel
US President Barack Obama tells a gathering of military veterans Tuesday that hardheaded diplomacy with Iran could avoid the type of "unnecessary wars" for which they have paid the highest price.
Obama traveled to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where he urged the 1.9 million member Veterans of Foreign Wars to give the nuclear deal with Tehran a chance. He denounces those "chest beating" against the deal and said some of those opposed to it were the same ones who said the Iraq war would take months.
"We know the consequences of that choice," he said. "And what it cost us in blood and treasure. There is a smarter more responsible way to protect our national security," Obama says, adding that "real leadership" means not being afraid to negotiate.
- Abba Father, President Obama and Secretary of State Kerry went to all the talk shows promoting this agreement. Each show gave a dribble of this agreement. The Saudis, the Israelis, Egyptians, Kuwaitis, and UAE are all skeptical of this agreement because of their distrust of Iran. The Republican Guard is against the deal as are other hardliners in Iran. This deal is supposed to stop Iran from ever having a nuclear bomb by some talking heads, and to only stop Iran for ten years by others. Abba, we ask for wisdom for our Congressmen. We ask for discernment and a clear understanding of this agreement. Stop it if You think it is a bad deal. You are God on the throne and You know all things and understand all things. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- Make your ear attentive to wisdom, Incline your heart to understanding;3) For if you cry for discernment, [a]Lift your voice for understanding;4) If you seek her as silver And search for her as for hidden treasures;5) Then you will discern the fear of the Lord And discover the knowledge of God. 6) For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. (Proverbs 2:2-6)
7. A 2nd Covert Video Targets Planned Parenthood on Fetal Parts - ABC News
Anti-abortion activists on Tuesday released a second undercover video aimed at discrediting Planned Parenthood's procedures for providing fetal tissue to researchers. The video shows Dr. Mary Gatter, a Planned Parenthood medical director in Southern California, meeting with people posing as potential buyers of intact fetal specimens. Much of the conversation on the video deals with how much money the buyers should pay.
Federal law prohibits the commercial sale of fetal tissue, but allows not-for-profit donation of tissue if the women who underwent abortions give their consent. Planned Parenthood contends that the payments discussed in the new video, and a similar one released last week, pertain to reimbursement for the costs of procuring the tissue - which is legal. Gatter says in the video, "We're not in it for the money," while also discussing whether a payment of $100 per specimen would be adequate.
In another portion of the video, she appears to suggest that abortion procedures could be modified in some cases to get more intact fetuses. Under federal law, there should be no alteration in the timing or method of an abortion done solely for the purpose of obtaining fetal tissue. (Read more)
-Abba Father, once again we repent of this vile and despicable process of selling baby parts for profit. Thank You Abba that it is being talked about on all the news stations, and that everyone finds this video disgusting. Lord, we pray that this video be the catalyst to end abortion in the USA. We thank You Lord that this article states that no medical breakthroughs have been had through fetal tissue, but that there have been many breakthroughs using adult tissues. In His Name we pray, Amen.
-The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)
8. EEOC Ruling Nullifies FADA - Family Research Council
Last week the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission followed President Obama's lead by declaring that its plans to apply federal equal employment protection laws to homosexuals, as if ENDA had been approved, which Congress has not and has no plans to pass. Commissioner Chai Feldblum, a law professor who has long declared her belief that homosexual rights trumps religious liberty, has now, together with the other commissioners, used her "phone and pen" to create this lawless new policy. She thus preempted Congress' effort to pass the First Amendment Defense Act (FADA) that Sen. Mike Lee (Utah) and Rep. Raul Labrador (Idaho) are championing to protect those with religious convictions from discrimination because they refuse to be involved in same-sex weddings. (Pierre Bynum)
- Lord God, the bullying machine that now governs our nation has now done it once again. Why bother with a Constitution or with obeying laws already on the books when one can govern with "a phone and a pen?"
Father, this lawless action shows that the spirit of the lawless one, the Antichrist, is "alive and well" in our nation.
Forgive us, O Lord, we pray for placing these men and women in positions of power, and please restore the work being done in Congress to pass the First Amendment Defense Act. We ask this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "May your unfailing love be with us, LORD, even as we put our hope in you." (Psalm 33:22)
9. Breaking: Security breach? Kenyan airline official leaks Obama's exact itinerary - Fox News
In a stunning breach of protocol, the national airline of Kenya, where President Obama will visit later this week, published the arrival and departure times of Air Force One, prompting scrambling by White House security officials.
A Kenyan Airways official sent an e-mail blast with the expected time of arrival and departure of the presidential plane in Nairobi, even though it's standard White House practice never to publish the 40- to 50-minute window during which Air Force One is scheduled to land or take off. And safeguards are enhanced when the president visits a location which could pose added danger, as is the case in Kenya, where the State Department has issued a travel alert and warned that the summit on entrepreneurship Obama is attending is a likely terrorist target.
"Jomo Kenyatta and Wilson will be closed as follows," reads an e-mail marked "high" importance and originally sent July 13 by a Kenyan aviation official to a wide range of aviation officials who work in and around the nation's two major airports. The missive went on to give dates and times for the airports' closure, which Fox News will not disclose, and states: "This corresponds to the expected arrival and departure time for President Obama." The Secret Service, when contacted by Fox News, said it would have no comment. (Read more)
- Lord God, we call forth "Holy Ghost damage control" over this breach and ask that You would send forth Your angelic host to secure the safety of the American delegation when they land in Nairobi on Friday for this meeting. Help us, O Lord, we pray, In the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
10. Obama: New citizens can skip pledge to take up arms and defend the US - Fox News
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on Tuesday said it will no longer require incoming U.S. citizens to pledge that they will "bear arms on behalf of the United States" or "perform noncombatant service" in the Armed Forces as part of the naturalization process.
Those lines are in the Oath of Allegiance that people recite as they become U.S. citizens. But USCIS said people "may" be able to exclude those phrases for reasons related to religion or if they have a conscientious objection.
USCIS said people with certain religious training or with a "deeply held moral or ethical code" may not have to say the phrases as they are naturalized.
The agency said people don't have to belong to a specific church or religion to use this exemption, and may attest to U.S. officials administering the oath that they have these beliefs. (Read more)
- Lord God, we cry out for mercy . . . mercy . . . in the midst of trouble. Help us, O Lord, we pray, amen and amen.
- "May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob protect you!" (Psalm 20:1)
The Daily Jot
American socialism and the future generation
This Administration's socialist economic policies have no doubt changed America as promised. Nearly a third of the population has given up on finding a job. There are more people in the US receiving some sort of government assistance than are working. We only need to look to the next generation to see what our nation will be like in 20 years. The "president's" policies have been particularly harsh on people of color, who believed that his changes would result in better lives, better jobs, and a better future for themselves and their children. This socialist reign promises to have a dire impact on the next generation of Americans, more than on the present, as more children than ever are impoverished.
The Annie E. Casey Foundation 2015 Data Book on child well being says, "During the last three months of 2014, the unemployment rate for whites and Asian Americans was roughly 4.5 percent, compared with a devastating 11 percent for African Americans and 6.7 percent for Latinos...As of April 2015, 17.6 percent of African-American workers and 14.4 percent of Latino workers were jobless or working only part time when they wanted full-time work. And, rates of long- term unemployment remain high: Nearly 30 percent of unemployed workers have been jobless for more than six months." The report points to the impact on children--22% living in poverty--a dramatic increase since the current "president" took office.
The report indicated: "One of the most troubling trends for child well-being is that the percentage of children living in concentrated poverty continues to increase. In 2000, 9 percent of children lived in census tracts where the poverty rate of the total population was 30 percent or more. That figure rose to 14 percent for the period from 2009 to 2013." The report indicates that the unemployment rate dropping to its most recent 5.4% should improve the poverty level of America's children. However, it does not take into consideration that the unemployment rate drop is directly related to a comparable increase in those who have given up on finding a job, with many entering the welfare system.
The current economic and social policies have harmed rather than helped the most ardent supporters of them. The report says, "Especially troubling is the steady increase in the likelihood of children growing up in a high-poverty neighborhood. At the national level, 14 percent of children lived in areas where poverty rates were higher than 30 percent in 2009-13. This is a significant increase from 11 percent in 2006-10 and 9 percent in 2000." Socialism doesn't work. It attempts to replace God with government. It is a bane to the existence of America, and its impact on the next generation is far reaching. Jesus said in Luke 17:2, "It would be better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he was cast into the sea, than that he should cause one of these little ones to stumble." Think about it.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Government Sets Up a "Racial Database"
1. Obama collecting personal data for a secret race database - New York Post
A key part of President Obama's legacy will be the fed's unprecedented collection of sensitive data on Americans by race. The government is prying into our most personal information at the most local levels, all for the purpose of "racial and economic justice." Unbeknown to most Americans, Obama's racial bean counters are furiously mining data on their health, home loans, credit cards, places of work, neighborhoods, even how their kids are disciplined in school - all to document "inequalities" between minorities and whites. (Read more)
2. Report: Obama Setting Up Secret 'Racial Database' - NewsMax
The Obama administration is collecting vast amounts of personal data on Americans by race to create a huge database for the goal of "racial and economic justice," according to a report by a fellow of the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. Calling it "an Orwellian-style stockpile of statistics," Sperry said the data would fuel a "permanent network of discrimination databases" that could be used by civil-rights lawyers and other advocates "to make 'disparate-impact' cases" against school systems, banks, and employers.
President Barack Obama's goal is to have the database ready before he leaves office in early 2017 - and all the information would be posted online. (Read more)
3. Obama's Latest Spying Scandal - Gary Bauer
If you thought the government spying scandal was over, think again. It turns out that the NSA isn't the only one spying on us.
The Obama Administration is reportedly building a massive federal database of Americans based on information such as "health, home loans, credit cards, places of work, neighborhoods, even how their kids are disciplined in school." All of these data are being classified by racial categories and reportedly involves more information that the IRS collects.
The purpose of the database is to push big government social engineering to new levels, no doubt lining the pockets of a myriad of left-wing special interest groups. We will keep you posted as we learn more.
- Heavenly Father, these articles report how a database is being created by our Executive branch of government that will be shared publically online and which will have all sorts of personal data on people, such as their health coverage, credit standing, purchases, jobs and income, even the discipline of their children, all broken out by 'racial' groupings. We fall before You and seek Your direction and mercy as this will most likely not lead to 'balance and integration' but instead evoke tremendous rage, envy, covetousness and destructive actions. We come before You to repent for the excessive greed and self serving selfishness of our society, including actions from people who supposedly believe in You. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Everyone proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord; though they join forces, none will go unpunished." (Proverbs 16:5 NKJV)
Fundamentally Transforming America
Fundamentally Transforming America
As Americans we take pride in our history as a nation of immigrants. We welcome those who come here wanting to become Americans. But there is deep angst in the country that immigration, especially illegal immigration, is out-of-control and beginning to fundamentally transform the country.
Recently, the mayor of Kansas City, Kansas, bragged that his town in the American heartland is no longer a homogenous city. He said, "Our school district speaks 62 different languages by the children every single day."
The mayor is obviously proud of this diversity, but surely he knows this is a huge burden on local taxpayers. It costs significantly more to educate students with limited English proficiency.
I was reminded of this story today when I saw a headline noting that Americans are leaving New York City, Los Angeles and Honolulu in droves.
According to this report, an influx of wealthy foreigners is driving up housing costs and driving out middle class families. Meanwhile, poor immigrant families are moving in -- sometimes with multiple families moving into a single home, but they can't afford the taxes to pay for local services.
If you are like me and concerned about the more complex issues related to immigration, why are so many people afraid to talk about it?
We need to rethink the concept of multi-culturalism, which the left is using to fundamentally transform our nation. As one commentator noted recently, America has always been a multi-ethnic nation, but we have always had a distinct American culture. Our goal has always been, "Out of many, one," not the hyphenated multi-culturalism of the left.
We should be proud of that culture based on Judeo-Christian values, the rule of the law and ordered liberty under God. Those are the values that made America a "shining city upon hill," the world's sole superpower and a beacon of hope for those around the world yearning to become Americans. (Gary Bauer)
Scrutinizing Sanctuary Cities
Scrutinizing Sanctuary Cities
House to Consider Bill to Deny Federal Funds for Sanctuary Cities
One person who isn't afraid to speak up is Laura Wilkerson. She testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee yesterday, demanding an end to the policy of "sanctuary cities" -- localities that refuse to enforce our immigration laws.
Ms. Wilkerson read the autopsy report describing how her son, Joshua, was brutally murdered by an illegal immigrant. She told senators:
"This was our family's 9/11 terrorist attack by a foreign invader. . . This government continues to fail or even recognize that we have an issue. Americans are dying daily at the hands of criminals that we don't even know are here. . . . You cannot stand by and ignore our families -- our American families. You're elected by Americans, not any other country. You should be for Americans."
Tomorrow, the House of Representatives is expected to vote on legislation denying federal funds to sanctuary cities. A recent survey found that 58% of voters felt that sanctuary cities should lose access to taxpayer dollars. Yet in spite of that overwhelming public sentiment, not one House Democrat has been willing to co-sponsor the legislation. (Gary Bauer)
FRC Statement on 2nd P.P. Video
Shocking new Planned Parenthood video:
We shouldn't be paying for this.
I'm sure you're as shocked as I am. Another video -- this time showing a Planned Parenthood senior official haggling over the price of baby body parts.
The footage details the President of Planned Parenthood's Medical Directors' Council discussing the possibility of asking their practitioners to alter the abortion procedure so that the manner in which the baby is killed will best preserve the sought after body parts. She speaks about using "less crunchy" techniques in order to get "whole specimens."
This gruesome harvesting and trafficking of human baby body parts must stop immediately. In 2013, Planned Parenthood received over $540 million in taxpayer funding -- that is over $1.47 million per day. Would you help us as we pressure Congress to pass a moratorium on federal taxpayer funding to the billion-dollar abortion giant?
We applaud Congress for the Planned Parenthood investigation it has launched as well as the many state leaders who are investigating this at the local level. But an investigation will take time and, given the seriousness of the new evidence, we must stop this funding now.
Right now FRC Action is calling for a moratorium on all federal taxpayer dollars to Planned Parenthood (the nation's largest abortion provider). Will you join us? The money you and I pay in taxes should not flow to any organization that appears so willing to profit from the sale of baby parts.
Today's video surfaced just a week after an initial video revealing Planned Parenthood Federation of America's Senior Director of Medical Services sharing other grisly details. She talks of being "very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I'm not gonna crush that part...I'm gonna see if I can get it all intact."
FRC Action has also been working with members on Capitol Hill for passage of the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. This bill would stop abortions from being performed after 20 weeks -- a point at which science has confirmed babies can feel excruciating pain. However, Planned Parenthood has strongly opposed this legislation. These new videos beg the question, are they opposed because late term abortions yield more developed, lucrative baby organs?
The Pain Capable bill has passed the House and is now awaiting action in the Senate. We need your financial support as we mount this effort. We also encourage you to contact your US Senators and urge them to support the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.
Lt. Gen. (US Army-Ret.) William "Jerry" Boykin
Executive Vice President
FRC Action; Family Research Council
A New Position for Israel??
'Iran nuclear deal opens window for Israel to join new Mideast order'
The former head of Israel's vaunted intelligence agency Mossad said on Sunday that the nuclear deal struck between Iran and Western powers offers Jerusalem an opening to join "a new Middle Eastern order."
Shabtai Shavit, who served as Mossad director from 1989 to 1996, told US radio broadcaster Aaron Klein that Israel now has even more impetus to make common cause with Sunni Arab countries who are nervous over the West's overtures toward their common nemesis - Iran.
"I believe that in the present time there is a window of opportunity for Israel in order to try and pursue a new order in the Middle East," Shavit said. (Jerusalem Post) Read more here.
A Commentary from "K"
Iran is surely considered to be the adversary of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan and the Emirates. Some may consider these nations to be moderate Moslems, but they are far more ascetic than most (except perhaps for Jordan, and maybe Egypt under al-Sisi,, which is more liberal). These nations want Israel to use her military might to take out their Shiite enemy, but Israel must not think for a minute that they will love Israel or want her to exist in the region. Giving these nations the influence/power to come up with an arrangement with the Palestinians for their State is DANGEROUS! We have already seen the proposal by the Saudis. We will be back at the pre-1967 borders, with the exception of possible keeping Ariel (which would be surrounded by hostile Arabs and cut off from the rest of Israel.) Until the Moslems cease to be Moslems through the revelation of the God of Israel, we cannot trust them to get close to Israel.
- Pray that the Lord would use the Arabs for His purposes, rather than the Arabs using the Jews for their purposes
- Pray that any arrangements with Israel would enable Israel to have an important impact upon the Arab nations, rather than the Arabs entrapping Israel or impacting the Jews.
- While Israel might possibly be able to trust Egypt's al-Sisi, and Jordan's King Abdullah, pray that these two Arab leaders will be able to direct the other Arab leaders to make a place for Israel, and to submit to Israel's requests in any agreement about pre-empting Iran, or in creating a Palestinian State.
- Pray that Bibi would be wise, and that his military advisers will have divine revelation about staying on top of any inroads made by the Arabs toward a military cooperation arrangement.
- Pray that Israel will not obligate herself to any unholy or dangerous arrangements with these Arab nations. May she not obligate herself to follow their plans for a Palestinian State.
- Pray that Israel will not make the USA privy to anything going on in the meetings with these Arab leaders, lest he reveal their plans to Iran.
- Pray that if Israel is not to enter into any kind of cooperative arrangement with these Sunni nations, that YHVH would put a stop to it now.
- If YHVH wants them on the inside, to see up close what HE is going to do to take down Iran while using Israel to do it, than pray that that will happen.
- "And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." (Zechariah 12:9)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
"When they came to the place called Calvary, there they crucified Him." (Luke 23:33)
Years I spent in vanity and pride,
Caring not my Lord was crucified,
Knowing not it was for me He died on Calvary.
Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty at Calvary.
[See all the lyrics to this great hymn by going here.]
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: William R. Newell, 1895.
Music: Daniel B. Towner
Signs and Wonders
USGS Scientist: Major Quake On Hayward Fault (San Francisco)
Expected 'Any Day Now'
The fault that produced a 4.0-magnitude earthquake in Fremont early Tuesday morning is expected to produce a major earthquake "any day now" and Bay Area residents should be prepared, a U.S. Geological Survey scientist said.
While damage from the quake was minimal, scientists warn that a much larger one is expected on the Hayward Fault, which extends from San Pablo Bay in the north to Fremont in the south and passes through heavily populated areas including Berkeley, Oakland, Hayward and Fremont.
The last big earthquake on the fault, estimated to have a 6.8-magnitude, occurred in 1868, according to the USGS.
It killed about 30 people and caused extensive property damage in the Bay Area, particularly in the city of Hayward, from which the fault derives its name. Until the larger 1906 earthquake, it was widely referred to as the "Great San Francisco Earthquake."
"The population is now 100 times bigger in the East Bay, so we have many more people that will be impacted," said Tom Brocher, a research geophysicist with the USGS.
"We keep a close eye on the Hayward Fault because it does sit in the heart of the Bay Area and when we do get a big earthquake on it, it's going to have a big impact on the entire Bay Area," Brocher said.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
After 25-Year Legal Battle, The Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial
is Finally Saved
La Jolla, CA)-This week, the U.S. government sold the historic, Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial in San Diego, CA to the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association (MSMA). The sale of the memorial and its surrounding land ends a legal dispute regarding the constitutionality of the memorial on government land.
Liberty Institute Deputy Chief Counsel Hiram Sasser said, "The Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial Cross has stood since 1954 as a symbol of the selfless sacrifice of our nation's veterans. Such a sacred memorial should receive our highest honor and protection. Today's actions will ensure that the memorial will continue to stand in honor of our veterans for decades to come. This is a great victory for the veterans who originally placed this memorial and the Korean War veterans the memorial honors. We thank our lead counsel, Allyson Ho, and her team at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, who worked tirelessly to defend the memorial, leading to this ultimate victory."
Source: Breaking Christian News
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
This one was so good . . . when Grandma sang it . . . we just want to sing it again!