In repentance for Monday's decision at the Supreme Court, today we are setting our hearts upon the City of King David: JERUSALEM.
THE RESPONSE: South Carolina
You can still register!
To learn more, go here.
THE RESPONSE: South Carolina
You can still register!
To learn more, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, June 12, 2015
"I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8)
" . . . in wrath remember mercy." (Habakkuk 3:2)
A Rainbow Over the Supreme Court
Monday, April 27, at sunset. Please remain with us in prayer over the pending decision on traditional marriage until the verdict has been rendered.
" . . . from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. . . What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Mark 10: 6,9)
Thank You, Lord, for watching over this Court. In Jesus' name, amen.
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Hamas threatens escalation if tit-for-tat airstrikes continue - Times of Israel
The military arm of terror group Hamas warned recently that continued Israeli attacks against its military positions in the Gaza Stip could lead to a wider conflict, in the first threat of its kind since a ceasefire agreement was reached following last year's Operation Protective Edge.
The past several weeks have seen an uptick in tit-for-tat exchanges in Gaza, with Palestinians firing small volleys and Israeli aircraft attacking installations belonging to Hamas hours later.
Officials from the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades said this week that "the rules of the game will change" if Israel does not desist from carrying out punitive airstrikes against sites controlled by the group.
2. Large fire in Israel spread to Jordan - Jerusalem Online
A large fire broke out this afternoon (Thursday) near the settlement of Hemdat in the Jordan Rift Valley. Six firefighting squads equipped with four planes were summoned to the scene. No injuries have been reported thus far.
Based on reports, the windy weather conditions caused the fire to spread and cross over to Jordan. A message regarding the fire was transferred to the Jordanians through the IDF Liaison Unit to Foreign Forces. Israel also requested permission that its planes cross the border 400 meters into Jordan. In parallel, a fire also broke out in the area of Ein Sukkot, also in the Jordan Rift Valley, as firefighters try to battle the flames and thwart their advancement.
3. Netanyahu seen as ineffectual, paranoid by longtime former ally - Times of Israel
Avigdor Liberman has worked more closely than any other Israeli politician, and for longer, with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Their working relationship, which began in the late 1980s as Netanyahu started his Knesset career, saw Liberman serve as director-general of Likud under opposition leader Netanyahu and of the Prime Minister's Office under first-term prime minister Netanyahu, hold a series of ministerial posts in subsequent Netanyahu-led governments, and even formally ally their two parties - Likud and Yisrael Beytenu - on a joint slate for the 2013 elections.
After the March 17 elections, however, and despite having recommended to President Reuven Rivlin that Netanyahu again be charged with the task of building a government, Liberman opted to go into the opposition, from where he has been loudly critical of the new coalition's agenda and the approach of the man - that long-time former political intimate of his - at its helm.
But in an interview with The Times of Israel on Tuesday in his new, small Knesset office (quite a contrast from his recent airy Foreign Ministry berth) Liberman assailed Netanyahu - his policies, his mindset, his approach, his political courage - as rarely, if ever before.
4. Former Al-Jazeera America journalist suing network for bias- Times of Israel
Shannon High-Bassalik says during Gaza war she was told to cast Israel as the villain and emphasize the Arab point of view
NEW YORK (AP) - The former head of Al Jazeera America's documentary unit has sued the news network, claiming it is biased against non-Arabs and women in stories that it produces and in how it treats employees.
Shannon High-Bassalik, fired in February after working through half of a three-year contract, said the network's recently ousted chief executive Ehab Al Shihabi left meetings when women were speaking and admitted that he tried to favor an Arab point of view on the air to please AJAM's Qatar-based ownership.
5. Abbas Inaugurates 'Palestinian Embassy' in Serbia - Israel National News
Palestinian Authority (PA) chairman Mahmoud Abbas inaugurated a Palestinian embassy in the Serbian capital of Belgrade on Thursday, the Ma'an news agency reported.
Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic as well as several Arab ambassadors and the PA ambassador to Serbia attended the opening.
After the meeting, President Nikolic reportedly announced that Serbia "would like to see Palestine and Israel resume negotiations as soon as possible," Ma'an reported, citing a Serbian news network.
Despite "Palestine" not being a country, several countries in Europe and South America have opened embassies for the PA in recent years. As well, several European countries - such as Britain and Sweden - have passed resolutions recognizing "the state of Palestine".
In 2012, after the PA's bid to be upgraded in the UN as a non-member observer state, Abbas began taking steps to officially name the areas he controls "the State of Palestine".
6. Yesh Atid MK: Enough! Time to Take Action Against Rocket Fire - Israel National News
It is time for Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to take action against the rocket fire from Gaza, MK Haim Yellin (Yesh Atid) said on Thursday evening, following yet another rocket attack.
"Color red" rocket sirens were sounded in the southern coastal city of Ashkelon, as well as throughout the Ashkelon Coast regional council, on Thursday evening. At least one rocket was identified as having been fired from Gaza, but IDF officials said it exploded inside Gaza.
Despite the facts that no rockets were found in Israeli territory, thousands of Israelis once again were forced to spend time in bomb shelters.
"The Israeli government is not preventing the problem, but is too busy managing the rocket fire from Gaza and worrying about political survival," Yellin, a resident of the Gaza Belt, charged.
7. Swiss, Austrian prosecutors conduct 'spy virus' probe over Iran talks -YNET News
Swiss prosecutors said on Thursday that they opened an espionage investigation in May amid suspicions that Swiss hotels hosting talks on Iran's nuclear program have been targeted in a cyber-spying campaign. A state official in Vienna said Austria was also investigating the suspicions.
Kaspersky, a cybersecurity firm, said this week it uncovered the campaign and that the malware was so sophisticated it must have been created by a government.
"The Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution and Counterterrorism is aware of the information and is reviewing it," an interior ministry spokesman in Vienna said.
8. Intercessors for Israel: Weekly Prayer Alert - IFI
To read this report, please go here.
9. Bridges for Peace: Weekly News Alert - BFP
To read this report, please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. BREAKING NEWS: House deals humiliating blow to Obama in trade fight - The Hill
Defying President Obama, House Democrats on Friday rallied to vote down legislation granting aid to workers displaced by trade, dealing a potentially fatal blow to the fast-track legislation that had been scheduled to hit the floor.
An overwhelming majority of Democrats voted to sink the package in the 126-302 vote despite an impassioned plea from the president, which he delivered in person during a rare morning visit to Capitol Hill. A majority of Republicans also opposed the bill.
The vote came minutes after a dramatic floor speech by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who rebuffed lobbying by Obama to vote against the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) program. . .
Other members of Pelosi's leadership team, including House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) and Reps. James Cyburn (S.C.) and Steve Israel (N.Y.), voted "yes." Speaker John Boehner (Ohio) cast a vote in favor of TAA. Speakers cast floor votes on relatively rare occasions. Only 40 Democrats backed TAA, while 144 voted against it. On the GOP side, 158 Republicans voted "no," while 86 Republicans voted "yes."
The vote against TAA is a humiliating defeat for Obama, who had spent weeks lobbying House Democrats to support his trade agenda in the face of overwhelming opposition from liberal groups and organized labor. (Read more)
- Father, thank You for moving in this situation, and "sinking" this legislation regarding giving any president the authority to "fast track" any legislation without approval by Congress. We ask that those politicians now in Washington and those who aspire to be in Washington, take note of the will of the people to live in a nation that observes the Constitution, in providing for the system of checks and balances of a 3-branch government. It seems the human heart is such, that we tend to excess when there are no boundaries. So we praise You for healthy boundaries in all aspects of our lives. Amen.
- "The day is Yours, and Yours also the night; You established the sun and moon. It was You Who set all the boundaries of the earth; It was You made both summer and winter. Remember how the enemy has mocked you, Lord, how foolish people have reviled your name." (Psalm 74:16-18)
2. White House battles back at suggestions Obama has no clout - The Hill
The White House on Friday battled suggestions President Obama has lost his clout on Capitol Hill following a stinging defeat for his trade agenda. A revolt by House Democrats derailed a series of votes that would have granted Obama fast-track trade authority, a top legislative goal of the year.
The House will likely attempt another vote next week, but Friday's defeat raised concerns Obama's power - or lack thereof - to advance his agenda and cement his legacy.
If the trade package ultimately fails, "the president would not be a lame-duck. He would be a dead duck," said Brandon Rottinghaus, a presidential historian at the University of Houston. "It would be a body blow for the administration." (Read more)
- Lord God, whether this "president" will now end up as a lame duck is a matter we leave in Your hands. But today, O God, we do thank You for answered prayers, as the passage of the TAA and all related bills would have truly endangered our sovereignty as a nation. We thank You, too, for this congressional action, which surely sends a signal down Pennsylvania Avenue that Mr. Obama is not a dictator, but is in office to serve our people -- not to rule over them. Thank You, Lord, for this historic vote today, on Capitol Hill. In the Name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8)
3. Senate Will Take Up Pain-Capable Life Bill - CitizenLink
Sen. Lindsey Graham announced the Senate will take up the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. The bill stops abortions after 20 weeks the time at which preborn babies can feel pain.
Pro-life leaders, including Marjorie Dannenfelser of the Susan B. Anthony List, joined Graham at a news conference in support of the bill.
"Right now in our country, a child can be killed in his or her mother's womb for any reason, at any point, up until the moment of birth," Dannenfelser explained. "We are one of only seven nations in the world, including China and North Korea, to allow such brutality. We are a better nation than this."
The Senate is expected the pass the measure; (while) the president is expected to veto it.
"I call upon President Obama and his party to withdraw their opposition to this bill," Family Research Council President Tony Perkins said in a statement. "And I call upon President Obama to pledge his support for this measure that would help bring his administration's policies in line with his political rhetoric." (Read more)
- Father God, we continue to thank You for the passage of this bill in the House, and we do ask for its passage in the Senate . . . by a veto-proof margin. We continue to stand in the gap for our nation, asking that Your Hand of mercy would yet rest upon us, even as we behold the blood of over 55 million unborn babies on our land. Forgive us, Lord, we pray, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD." And you forgave the guilt of my sin."
4. URGENT! State Dept suspends overseas passport, visa issuance - AP
The State Department said Friday it has been forced to suspend the issuance of U.S. passports and visas at its overseas diplomatic missions due to a glitch that has hit one of its computer databases.
In a statement posted to its travel.state.gov website, the department said a hardware failure in its Consular Consolidated Database glitch has left overseas embassies and consulates unable to print visas, regular passports and other travel documents. This means that people who submitted online applications for passports and visas on or after June 9 will likely experience delays in processing, it said.
The failure does not affect domestic passport issuance because it only stopped the database from receiving biometric information sent from overseas posts, the department said.
"We cannot bypass the legal requirements necessary to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel," it said. "As a result, there is a backlog of visas waiting to be processed. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue and to clear the backlog."
"Security measures prevent consular officers from printing a passport, report of birth abroad or visa until the case completes the required national security checks," it said. (Read more)
- Isn't it interesting that, the very week that our Supreme Court has ruled that only the word "Jerusalem" be named on passports, deleting all reference to "Israel" . . . now the entire passport system used by American embassies and consulates worldwide, is on hold. How interesting, indeed . . . In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." (Matthew 7:2)
5. Senate Hearing Probes US Air Safety Deficiencies - VOA
The top inspector for the agency that protects America's flying public told U.S. lawmakers Tuesday he is "deeply concerned" about glaring security lapses. As VOA's Michael Bowman reports, the testimony follows revelations that the Transportation Security Administration failed to identify 73 workers with links to terrorism, and failed to detect simulated weapons and other dangerous items in 96 percent of tests conducted at airport screening checkpoints. (Watch video of this congressional hearing here . . .)
- Abba, we are appalled by the very poor "showing" the TSA registered when recently tested. The data released at this hearing demonstrates this agency's gross failure to protect our citizens -- and our aircraft -- from acts of terrorism. Father, we pray that these facts would jolt awake the employess of the TSA, and give them nightmares about their own negligence, as needed. Help them to remember that it could be their spouse, child, or parent that is affected, and help them to appreciate the sacred trust they have been given to protect the traveling public. Lord God, if they will not do their job with diligence, then we pray their jobs will be given to another. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring (in fierce hunger), seeking someone to seize upon and devour." (1 Peter 5:8)
6. Obama blasts Supreme Court for accepting challenge to health care law - The Washington Times
President Obama assaulted the nation's top court and seemed to criticize the U.S. legal system as a whole Monday, with the former constitutional law professor declaring that the Supreme Court was wrong to even accept a challenge to his signature health care reform law and deriding the fact that an "individual district court judge" was able to derail his deportation amnesty.
The Supreme Court will decide by the end of next month whether the Affordable Care Act should be interpreted as prohibiting any tax credits for states that set up their own health care exchanges. If those credits are eliminated, many Obamacare customers will be unable to afford their coverage and the entire system could collapse. (Read more)
- Lord, we realize that we have a very arrogant president, who seems to think that all of his decisions are right, and seems to have only disdain for those who disagree with him. We ask You to give him the gift of a humble heart, and a respect for other people's opinions. We ask that You would instill in him a respect for the law, and stop trying to circumvent it. May he realize he is a human being, and may he humble himself before You, and ask for, and receive Your wisdom in his remaining days in office. More than anything, Lord, we know Your heart, and ours, is Your desire for his salvation. We pray it will be so, Lord. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Humble yourself in the Lord's presence, and He will honor you." (James 4:10)
7. Officials: SECOND hack exposed Military and Intel data - AP
Hackers linked to China appear to have gained access to the sensitive background information submitted by intelligence and military personnel for security clearances, several U.S. officials said Friday, describing a second cyber-breach of federal records that could dramatically compound the potential damage.
The Office of Personnel Management, which was the target of the hack, has not officially notified military or intelligence personnel whose security clearance data was breached, but news of the second hack was starting to circulate in both the Pentagon and the CIA. (Read more)
Union: Hackers have personnel data on EVERY federal employee & contractor (14 million workers) - AP
Hackers stole personnel data and Social Security numbers for every federal employee, a government worker union said Thursday, charging that the cyberattack on U.S. employee data is far worse than the Obama administration has acknowledged. (Read more)
- Lord, we continue to be distressed by this news of our enemy's breaching federal data Lord, of our federal workers -- now numbering 14 million, not the 4 million reported last week. We pray that You will continue to expose these works done in darkness, and reveal the person(s) responsible, that they may be made accountable, and the results of this travesty be neutralized. Lord, You are our Hiding Place, our identity if hidden in You! Protect us, we pray, O Lord, and bring these lawbreakers to justice, we pray. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- " . . . you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory." (Col. 3:3,4)
8. U.S. tech industry appeals to Obama to keep hands off encryption - Reuters
As Washington weighs new cyber security steps amid a public backlash over mass surveillance, U.S. tech companies warned President Barack Obama not to weaken increasingly sophisticated encryption systems designed to protect consumers' privacy.
In a strongly worded letter to Obama on Monday, two industry associations for major software and hardware companies said, "We are opposed to any policy actions or measures that would undermine encryption as an available and effective tool."
Obama administration officials, led by the FBI, have pushed the companies to find ways to let law enforcement bypass encryption to investigate illegal activities, including terrorism threats, but not weaken it so that criminals and computer hackers could penetrate the defenses. (Read more)
- Lord, the saying "A word to the wise is sufficient". But since we are not certain that would apply in this case, we do ask that Obama would heed the advice of these tech companies to not interfere and weaken the encryption systems that have gone into effect today to protect the privacy of all of us as consumers. We ask for people of honor and integrity to be in charge, and to be respectful of the laws that protect our security, even on the internet. We thank You for this, in Your Name. Our identity is safe when we are hidden in You! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom." (Psalm 51:6)
9. Iowa Republicans Kill High-Profile Presidential Straw Poll - VOA
DES MOINES, IOWA-The Iowa Republican Party on Friday killed the state's high-profile presidential straw poll, putting an end to a decades-old political tradition that had outlived its usefulness.
The circus-like summer event, planned for August 8, had traditionally served as a test of organizing strength that helped winnow the Republican presidential field in the state that kicks off the White House nominating race.
But several prominent Republicans, including former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and U.S. Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, had ruled out participating in this year's non-binding preference poll. None of the top names in the growing 2106 list of Republican candidates had committed to attending the event, scheduled more than a year before the November 2016 general election.
The Iowa party's state central committee voted unanimously to kill the event in an early morning conference call. (Read more)
- Lord, it certainly makes sense to do away with the very early Republican Straw Poll in Iowa, after all these years of a tradition that has long out-lived any real significance. The good people in Iowa need to have their voice, and votes count as much as do the other 49 states. In the past, the choice of the people so early in the election has been sad, because their choice would frequently be out of the race, before the actual election. We applaud their good, common sense move to use their votes more responsibly. Bless them, Lord. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "So lets choose a man who is very wise an understanding and set him over the Land." (Genesis 41:33)
10. Swampy area in upstate New York town focus of hunt for escaped killers - Fox News
A small town in upstate New York became the focus Thursday of a massive manhunt for two convicted murderers who escaped almost a week ago from a maximum security prison five miles away.
Authorities, including the FBI and U.S. Marshals Service, descended on Cadyville, N.Y., after bloodhounds picked up a strong scent and police found evidence the two inmates, Richard Matt, 48, and David Sweat, 34, had bedded down near Kennedy and Bart Merrill roads, according to the Press-Republican newspaper. Numerous people in Cadyville received automated phone calls from Homeland Security overnight, urging them to lock their doors and turn on their outside house lights, the newspaper reported.
The area police are searching is described as extremely difficult terrain. (Read more)
- Abba, this is the first time since these dangerous criminals escaped that we have prayed over this issue on a Daily Brief. Today, Lord, we formally add our intercession to that of thousands of others, that these vicious men be caught, and that all who are in harm's way be kept safe. Thank You, Lord, for hearing -- and for answering our prayer, In the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "He reveals mysteries from the darkness And brings the deep darkness into light." (Job 12:22)
The Daily Jot
One world government gear links
The gears of the one world government have been fitting together for decades. All part of competing interests are the United Nations; the Bilderberg Group, which is currently meeting in Austria; the European Union; the Russia-China Cooperation Agreement; The Muslim Brotherhood; the Islamic State, and others. They work together sometimes. They work against one another sometimes. They have a common goal: to rule the world. It would appear also that the United States is part and parcel to that group, not only as a member of some, but by wielding the most powerful economic and military machine on earth. The US has its own global government goals, and most Americans think it is for the good.
We have witnessed first-hand how the current president has changed the complexion of the American presence around the world. His first major foreign policy speech in June 2009 outlined how he planned to embrace the Islamic world-view in foreign policy. He then went on to foment, instigate and support Islamic revolution throughout Northern Africa and the Middle East in Arab Spring. At times, the US is fighting al Qaeda and the Islamic State. Other times, these ruthless barbarians are our allies. We fight them in Iraq where they kill and maim our sons and daughters. We supply them weapons, equipment and training when they are fighting in Libya and Syria. It's all part of the bigger plan.
These are the more obvious gear-teeth grinding away at the one world order. There are many gears secretly placed behind the gears. One was about to slip by the public, but was exposed in recent weeks. The Congress is voting to give the "president" wide-sweeping authority to negotiate a secret trade pact with Pacific Rim nations. Whistleblowers in both houses of Congress and in many non-mainstream media are revealing the problems with this authority. Aside from giving up national sovereignty on human rights, business conduct, immigration, taxes and a host of other items, Congress is on the precipice of giving the "president" authority to bypass Congress and keep in secret most all foreign policy moves.
It starts with the trade pact being secret and not openly debated. Where does it end? These seemingly-competing one world government entities seek to rule the world with their point of view. America is no different, but the point of view has changed. Giving any president the authority to bypass open debate, Congress, and Constitutional authority is dangerous. Even more so under an Islamic Marxist. If you follow eschatology, the end game can be found in Revelation 13:16-17. Speaking of the Beast: "And he caused all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." This is when the secret gears become visible. America's current direction is a great danger.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Obama Suffers Major Defeat
There was high drama on Capitol Hill today, and President Obama emerged as the clear loser.
Yesterday, President Obama launched a desperate, last-minute charm offensive to save his trade agenda. He made a surprise visit to Nationals Park to personally lobby House Democrat Leader Nancy Pelosi. It didn't work.
This morning, Obama rushed to Capitol Hill, hoping to win over members of his party. That didn't work either.
In a rebuke to Obama, the House voted overwhelmingly -- 126-to-302 -- against Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA), a key component of the entire trade package. In spite of his personal pleas, only 40 Democrats backed TAA.
While the lopsided TAA vote may look like a tremendous defeat for Obama, moments later there was a second vote on Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) and it passed. There will likely be another vote next week to reconsider TAA, so this fight isn't over yet. We will keep you posted. (Gary Bauer)
> > > It does look like this battle is not over yet, so we do ask all of our Prayer Partners to maintain a watchful eye on this matter as we head into next week, on Capitol Hill. Thank youl
Jerusalem IS the capital of Israel
Jerusalem IS the capital of Israel
By Pastor Jeff Daly, President
National Day of Repentance
God is not mocked. If a high court in any nation goes against His Word how can that nation be blessed? Psalm 33:12 declares a blessing on a nation only when that nation's God is the LORD. Instead of a blessing, that nation now faces a curse.
Just days ago the United States Supreme Court decided, 6 to 3, that Jerusalem was not the capital of Israel. The decision gave the President sole discretion in deciding a nation's capital instead of Congress which had passed a law in 2002 calling upon the United States embassy to move from Tel Aviv to Israel's capital, Jerusalem.
Under the decision a jewish American, born in Jerusalem to American parents can not have the words "Jerusalem Israel" on his passport as his place of birth.
The policy is part of the Obama administration's refusal to recognize any nation's sovereignty over Jerusalem until -under pressure from outsiders like the EU, the UN, and Obama---Israel and Palestinians resolve Jerusalem's status.
In a dissent, Chief Justice Roberts cast the court's decision as dangerous and ground-breaking. "The court takes the perilous step - for the first time in our history - of allowing the president to defy an act of Congress in the field of foreign affairs," Roberts wrote.
But there is a far deeper issue. The entire decision shows a complete absence of spiritual realities and spiritual discernment. No one mentioned that in the Word of the Living God, in the Heavenly Supreme Court, Jerusalem will always be the capital of Jerusalem.
This was a poke in God's Eye, an improper touching of the Ark of the Covenant. How can Abba Father recognize our capital in Washington D.C. if we don't recognize His Capital in Jerusalem, the place where the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings will soon return to reign?
Is not Washington D.C. now at risk unless intercessory prayer and sincere repentance stay God's Hand?
[Read all of Pastor Daly's commentary here. This includes the Four Apostasies in the Bible that felled both individual men and mighty empires are the same today as in ancient times. We repent!]
Iran Deal: "Historic Blunder"
A key House Foreign Affairs subcommittee yesterday heard testimony from defense and nonproliferation experts regarding President Obama's nuclear deal with Iran. The hearing also tackled the issue of Iran's ballistic missile program, which is often ignored in the larger debate about its nuclear ambitions.
Ambassador Robert Joseph, an arms control expert, told members of Congress that Obama's Iranian nuclear deal "will represent perhaps the single greatest strategic mistake in the national security area in the past 35-plus years."
"There's no doubt that some will describe this agreement as historic. . . . And it will be historic; it will be a historic blunder," Ambassador Joseph said.
Professor David Cooper of the Naval War College also testified. Dr. Cooper said, "At this moment, Iran is the only country in the world that says it has no nuclear weapons ambitions, and yet has fielded an intermediate-range ballistic missile."
Earlier this year, Iran launched a satellite into space. The same technology can be used to develop intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) capable of carrying nuclear payloads.
Rep. Ed Royce (R-CA) warned, "Ballistic missiles are not a separate and secondary issue, but part and parcel of Iran's nuclear weapons infrastructure." He is exactly right. (Gary Bauer)
"Death To America"
"Death To America"
. . . a top Iranian general said yesterday that the United States "remains [Iran's] worst and most vicious enemy."
Last week, Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, delivered a televised speech. According to a BBC transcript, his audience repeatedly interrupted his remarks with chants of "Neither compromise nor surrender, fight America!" and "Death to America! Death to England! Death to nonbelievers! Death to Israel!"
What exactly was Khamenei saying that got the crowd so riled up? He was speaking on the anniversary of the death of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who led the Islamic revolution in Tehran. He said:
"'The Great Satan' was an astonishing term that [Khomeini] coined. The ideological and practical implications of the term 'The Great Satan' are very vast in scope. When you consider someone and some organization as 'Satan,' it is clear how you should behave and feel towards them."
That should be a wake-up call to anyone tempted to think that disputes in the Middle East are Israel's problem and not ours.
Knowing Jewish history, Israeli leaders instinctively understand the dangers of such rhetoric. Unfortunately, too many western elites make excuses for such rhetoric. They dismiss it as intended only for "domestic consumption." The world made that mistake with Adolf Hitler too.
What does it say about how far genocidal hatred permeates significant segments of Iran's population when our own government concludes that repeated calls for a second holocaust by Iranian leaders are not serious but are merely intended to satisfy such a yearning? It is delusional to think we can negotiate with this tyrannical regime. (Gary Bauer)
Ramadan Begins Next Week
Ramadan Begins Next Week
Will last from June 18 - July 17, 2015
The annual Moslem month of fasting, Ramadan, will begin next week on Thursday, June 18th and last until Friday, July 17th.
Missionaries who serve our Lord in Moslem nations have warned us that violent actions are often witnessed just before, and just after the month of fasting. Hence, we ask all of our prayer warriors to be on alert, and to pray much as we enter into the week ahead.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners will continue to post "Prayers for Ramadan," focusing intercession for the millions who are held captive by the lies of this religion. The first prayers will be posted next Thursday, June 18th.
In His Grace,
Sara C. Ballenger
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
O MOTHER DEAR, JERUSALEM
"I, John, saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of Heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (Revelation 21:2)
A beautiful hymn . . . written in the 16th century!
> > > Please note: Because this hymn is such a beautiful honoring of the City of King David, we are sharing this blessing with you again today. Amen.
O mother dear, Jerusalem,
When shall I come to thee?
When shall my sorrows have an end,
Thy joys when shall I see?
O happy harbor of the saints!
O sweet and pleasant soil!
In thee no sorrow may be found,
No grief, no care, no toil.
No murky cloud o'ershadows thee,
Nor gloom, nor darksome night;
But every soul shines as the sun,
For God Himself gives light.
There lust and lucre cannot dwell,
There envy bears no sway;
There is no hunger, heat, nor cold,
But pleasure every way.
Thy walls are made of precious stones,
Thy bulwarks diamonds square;
Thy gates are of right orient pearl,
Exceeding rich and rare.
Thy turrets and thy pinnacles
With carbuncles do shine;
Thy very streets are paved with gold,
Surpassing clear and fine.
(Read more here.)
Please BE SURE to go here!
(Includes stunning photos of Jerusalem; maps of the City of King David . . . ending with an illustration of our Lord, quietly seated below a tree on a hill, overlooking His city . . . amen and amen.)
About the Author:
Words: "F. B. P.," cir¬ca 1583
Music: Sam¬u¬el A. Ward, 1882
Signs and Wonders
Unusual volcanic activity near Toba supervolcano (Indonesia)
Sinabung Volcano, Sumatra (Indonesia); Thousands Evacuated, Massive Eruption Imminent
This video is shown on Indonesian TV; dated June 7th.
The Sinabung Volcano is located on the edge of Toba lake, which was created by the super eruption 75,000 years ago,
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Newly Signed Law in This State Lets Faith-Based Agencies Decline Gay Adoptions
Faith-based adoption agencies in Michigan can decline cases that violate their religious beliefs, such as gay adoptions.
Gov. Rick Snyder signed the measure Thursday.
Critics say the new law amounts to government-sanctioned discrimination against same-sex couples.
But the governor says it ensures that as many organizations as possible are involved in helping kids be adopted.
"This is about making sure we get the largest number of kids in forever families. The more opportunities and organizations we have that are doing a good job of placing people in loving families, isn't that better for all of us?" he said.
The law does require adoption agencies with religious objections to refer applicants to another agency or to a state website listing other providers. (CBN) Read more here.
[Also reported today by Breaking Christian News]
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Native American - Amazing Grace (in Cherokee)
Amazing Grace in Cherokee was sung over each grave of the trail of tears . . .
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!