For details, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Saturday, June 27, 2015
"We must obey God rather than man." (Acts 5:29)
This special edition of the Daily Brief is sent out to replace one on Friday, June 26th. Yesterday, instead, we sent out another special edition, to focus on the decision rendered by the Supreme Court on gay marriage.
A thought for the day:
"The men who have done the most for God in this world have been early on their knees. He who fritters away the early morning, its opportunity and freshness, in other pursuits than seeking God will make poor headway seeking Him the rest of the day. If God is not first in our thoughts and efforts in the morning, He will be in the last place the remainder of the day." - E.M. Bounds
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. 5.5 earthquake felt in Israel; no injuries reported; epicenter 63 km from Eilat; strong shaking reported in Cairo also felt in Central and South Israel - YnetNews
An earthquake was felt in several Israeli cities at precisely 6:34 PM on Saturday. Uri Frieslander of the Israeli Geological Institute said the first station to log the quake was in Eilat.
It was soon reported that the epicenter was 4 kilometers away from Nuwaybi`a, Egypt and 63 km from Eilat.
The American Geological Survey reported that the earthquake measured a 5.2 on the Richter scale. It said it occurred on the East African Rift.
Israelis reported feeling the earthquake from cities such as Be'er Sheva, Tel Aviv, Hod Hasharon, Holon, Netanya, Jerusalem, and as far north as Nazareth Illit. (Read more)
- Abba, we thank You that this earthquake was "contained" so that no deaths or injuries were reported. May this event be a wake up call to the Orthodox on the land
. . . (see below.) We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
2. No More Christian Events in Jerusalem Without Rabbi's Approval After Orthodox Jews Accuse Christians of 'Forced Conversions' - Christian Post
The Jerusalem Municipality will now have to consult with the city's Rabbis before allowing Christians to host events in the city after the haredi, a group of ultra-orthodox Jews, accused Christians of forcing conversions at a conference held there last month.
The respected orthodox Jewish officials issued complaints to the municipality and the management of the city's multi-purpose sports arena where the conference was held and called the event which hosted thousands of Christians from around the world a "major show of forced conversion," according to YNetNews.com.
Haredi media charged that the event was aimed at convincing Jews to join Christianity with the help of missionaries who came to Israel for that purpose. The city's rabbis demanded that the Municipality cancel the event, but they were unsuccessful due to legal issues.
While the report did not specify which Christian conference triggered the complaints, the Empowered21 Global Congress was held in the Jerusalem Pais Arena, in Jerusalem, Israel last month. (Read more)
- Lord God, may the leaders of this Orthodox sect sit up and take notice of the shaking that hit their nation this morning, for it is You and You only who causes mountains to shake. We ask You to forgive them of this error, and to visit each one, even in the night, to see the truth of Your Gospel. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him." Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:1-3)
3. Liberman Calls for 'War' Against 'Diplomatic Terrorist' Abbas - Israel National News
Yisrael Beytenu chairman and former Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman called for a "diplomatic war" against Palestinian Authority (PA) Chairman Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday, after the PA officially submitted its "war crimes" case against Israel at the International Criminal Court (ICC).
The PA submitted several hundred documents to the ICC with claims of Arab residents concerning the Jewish presence in Judea and Samaria, the IDF's conduct in last summer's counter-terror operation, and the treatment of jailed terrorists.
Liberman called the move "additional proof, to those who still needed it, that Abbas is not a partner and isn't interested in a peace deal with Israel but rather in clashes and an attempt to force a unilateral agreement via diplomatic terror." (Read more)
4. 'Iran launched cyberattack on Israel during Protective Edge' - Israel Hayom
Iran carried out a cyberattack against Israel during Operation Protective Edge last summer, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon said Wednesday at the fifth annual Cybertech Conference held at Tel Aviv University.
According to Netanyahu, "The greatest threat comes from governments. Governments that want to protect the privacy of their citizens, their infrastructure, their economies, need to act together and cooperate as much as possible against this new threat." (Read more)
5. Turkey confirms negotiations on reconciliation with Israel - JNS
JNS.org) Turkey on Wednesday confirmed that it is negotiating a reconciliation deal with Israel that would reboot the former allies' relationship, which has deteriorated since the May 2010 Gaza flotilla incident.
"It's quite normal for the two countries to talk for the normalization of the ties. How can reconciliation be achieved without holding any meetings?" Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu told reporters in Ankara, AFP reported. (Read more)
6. ISIS Sells 42 Yazidi Women to Its Terrorists as Sex Slaves - Israel National News
The Islamic State (ISIS) terrorist group on Thursday sold 42 Iraqi women it had abducted from the Yazidi religious minority to its fighters in eastern Syria as sex slaves, a monitor said.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the women were being treated as "slaves" by the jihadists and were sold "for between $500 and $2,000 dollars." (Read more)
- Oh Abba, we pray for these women. We ask that You protect them from physical and emotional harm. We pray that Your mighty hand of love, protection, and deliverance be over them. Father, allow each and every one of these women and their children to be released unharmed. We ask that You would convict those who buy and sell these women. Father, show them how wrong it is that they do this. We pray for their salvation. Meet them where they are Yahweh, and give them revelation of You and our Savior! In the name of Yeshua, amen.
7. Tel Aviv and Amsterdam will not be sister cities - Jerusalem Online
Tel Aviv and Amsterdam will not be sister cities. Although Mayor of Amsterdam Eberhard van der Laan planned it, but following pressure from pro-Palestinian organizations and members of left-wing parties in the city, the mayor was forced to cancel his plan.
Van der Laan had previously expressed several times his affection for Tel-Aviv. He called it a "start-up city." Van der Laan liked Tel-Aviv's openness towards the gay community. He was even present at the gay pride parade two weeks ago. (Read more)
8. Foreign investment in Israel drops by 50% - Newsweek
Foreign direct investment (FDI) in Israel dropped by almost 50% last year in comparison to the year before as the country continues to feel the effects of last summer's Gaza conflict, a new UN report has revealed.
The report, published by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), shows that only 5.7bn was invested into the country in 2014 in comparison with 10.5bn in 2013, a decrease of 4.8bn, or 46%. Israel's FDI in other countries also decreased by 15%, from 4.2bn in 2013 to 3.5bn last year. (Read more)
9. Insight for Intercessors: Weekly Alert - (CHPP)
To read this newsletter, please go here.
10. Intercessors for Israel: Weekly Prayer Alert - IFI
To read this newsletter, please go here.
11. Hebrew Nation News: Weekly Prayer Alert - HNN
To read this newsletter, please go here.
12. Bridges for Peace: Weekly Prayer Alert - BFP
To read this newsletter, please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. Franklin Graham Warns Gay Marriage Ruling Will Lead to Christian Persecution - Fox News
"I believe God could bring judgment upon America," said Franklin Graham in an exclusive interview.
Graham told me that Christians should be prepared for persecution in the aftermath of the Supreme Court's ruling on homosexual marriage.
"You better be ready and you better be prepared because it's coming," Graham said just moments after the court handed down its ruling. "There will be persecution of Christians for our stand."
"I'm disappointed because the government is recognizing sin," he said. "This court is endorsing sin. That's what homosexuality is - a sin against God." (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray that the American church will sit up and take notice of Dr. Graham's words. Lord God, we have not been asleep, but rather, we have been in a coma, and evil workers have been giving us the wrong medicine. We repent of heeding their "wisdom," and we covenant to turn from our wicked ways and to seek You now, with all of our heart, and with all of our soul, and with all of our strength, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- He answered, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" (Luke 10:27)
2. Republicans plot strategy to repeal Obamacare - The Hill
Republicans in Congress are moving toward a plan to use a special budgetary process to repeal ObamaCare, after the Supreme Court ruled for a second time to uphold the controversial law. Since last year'’s elections, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has proposed using budget reconciliation to repeal large chunks of the law. The procedure would allow Republicans to pass a repeal package through the upper chamber with a simple majority vote, bypassing the 60-vote threshold usually required for major bills. The gambit is less relevant in the House, where the GOP holds a sizable majority and the minority party has fewer rights. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that You give Your wisdom to those who are working in Congress to repeal Obamacare, and, in its place, rewrite a healthcare law that would benefit all the people, we pray. It becomes so discouraging to have class warfare. We do not want to keep the poor, poor through subsidies, and yet we do want them to be able to better their situation through their own effort, and receive the benefits of increased income and self-confidence. Lord, we look to You for the solutions, and wisdom and discernment we need. Thank You! Amen.
- "For you always have the poor with you, and whenever you wish you can do good to them." (Mark 14:7)
3. Obama extending amnesty to illegals in prisons, jails - Washington Times
The administration has ordered agents to begin ignoring many of the illegal immigrants they encounter in prisons and jails, as President Obama begins to implement a lesser-known part of his deportation amnesty policy -- though his program isn't sitting well with either side of the immigration debate. (Read more)
- Father, again we are grieved by this lawless president who seems to think of new ways of circumventing the law, in order to advance his own agenda, and further imperil us as a nation. To grant amnesty to those in prisons and jails just further threatens the citizens, as those who are there have committed crimes against society and are a danger to all of us.
Father, we pray that this president will have a face to face encounter with You, and not be able to "wriggle his way out of" facing the truth of his own need for a Savior. You alone can save! We thank You that You love him, and died for him, and Your desire is for him. We, Your children, put ourselves in agreement with You and Your will concerning his soul. Woo him to Yourself, Holy Spirit, and may he find you irresistible, as we have! In Your precious Name we pray, Amen.
- "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yolk?" (Isaiah 58:6)
4. Obama Eulogizes Charleston Church Shooting Victim - VOA
President Barack Obama has delivered a eulogy for the pastor killed with eight other African Americans inside a church last week in Charleston, South Carolina. Obama said, "we are here to today to remember a man of God who lived by faith." He described the Reverend Clementa Pinckney of the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church as a man of service who persevered. Thousands of mourners began arriving as early as 3:30 a.m. Friday at the College of Charleston TD Arena in downtown Charleston, in part to hear the words of the president. (Read more)
[To read the full text of Obama's eulogy for Rev. Clementa Pinckney, please go here.]
- Abba, we do indeed "weep with those who weep" in Charleston and throughout our nation for these wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ. Lord God, these were Your children, who have given their all to love you and die together in their local House of God! What a privilege for them, who through their deaths, have sewn love and forgiveness! We stand with them, our Sisters and Brothers and join in the celebration of their reception into Your presence and Your arms!!!
We pray that the deaths of these beloved of Yours will not be exploited by anyone . . . be they politicians, dignitaries, or anyone else. We do pray for the salvation of this young man who pulled the trigger. Surely, these who gave their lives would want him to experience Your forgiveness and theirs, and join them with You. Yes, hate is strong, but love is stronger . . . in fact, You have said that Love is stronger than death! Hallelujah! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame." (Song of Songs 8:6)
5. Senior US Official: Iran Nuclear Talks May Miss Deadline - VOA
A senior U.S. administration official says Iran nuclear negotiators may not make a June 30 deadline for a final agreement. The official said negotiators are expected to be "close" to an agreement on June 30, if they "can get there at all." The official commented in a briefing on Thursday, a day before U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry travels to Vienna, Austria, where talks have been underway.
Iran's Foreign Minister, Mohamad Javad Zarif, will take part in the talks, as well as other high-level officials from countries that make up the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council and Germany, the so-called P5+1.
The senior administration official said negotiators remained "committed" to the June 30 deadline but may "miss it by a short bit." The official added that all of the parties involved in the talks wanted to ensure that the content of an agreement was right.
"If it takes us a little bit past June 30th to have the right content, as I said a moment ago, what matters here is the substance of the deal and we have to get it right," the official said. (Read more)
- Father, how can two (or more) walk together, except they be agreed?? How can we, as a nation who loves peace, be in agreement with a nation that vows to destroy us, and Your Land of Israel?? We ask You to be present in all these meetings and conversations, and that Your will, and Your timing will take place in these negotiations. We thank You that You are the Counselor and the Prince of Peace! Our hope and trust is in You. We ask for Your guidance in these thoughts and actions, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?" (Amos 3:3)
6. France wants bigger role in Israeli-Palestinian peace efforts - Washington Post
France's top diplomat traveled to the Middle East over the weekend to take a crack at solving the seemingly unsolvable Israeli-Palestinian conflict, offering a new way forward that includes a possible U.N. resolution setting out broad terms for ending the impasse and an offer of help from the Europeans and Arab nations.
Israeli leaders were hostile to the French proposal, while the Palestinians were polite but distant. Palestinian Foreign Minister Riyad al-Maliki said in a joint news conference with his French counterpart that they would do what they could to support the effort, according to the Maan news agency.
U.S. diplomats have been vague. At a House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing last week, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Samantha Power, did not answer directly when asked whether the United States would veto a French resolution to support the creation of a Palestinian state. (Read more)
- Oh Lord God . . . we ask that You have mercy on the people of France, as they now seek to divide Your land. We take note of the terror attacks that followed this announcement, the very next day, and we can't help to see this connection. Have mercy, O Lord we pray, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." (Zechariah 12:9)
7. France attack: Man decapitated in attack near Lyon - BBC
French President leaving EU Summit
President Francois Hollande ordered security in the region to be tightened to the highest possible level for the next three days. He said earlier: "We have no doubt that the attack was to blow up the building. It bears the hallmarks of a terrorist attack." Speaking to reporters before flying back from an EU summit in Brussels, he reflected on the fact it would remind people of the attacks in and around Paris in January that killed 17 people. "We all remember what happened before in our country. There is therefore a lot of emotion," he said. (Read more)
- Father God, as horrific as this attack was, we are grateful that more lives were not lost yesterday in Lyon. As the top authorities of France were busily working on a plan to divide the land of Israel . . . they got hit with this attack. May this serve as a loving warning that the Word of God is true, and that we simply cannot afford to touch "the apple of Your eye" without severe consequences. We ask that this wisdom would fall upon man, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "For thus says the Lord of hosts: "He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye. For surely I will shake My hand against them, and they shall become spoil for their servants. Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent Me." (Zechariah 2:8,9)
8. ALERT! Vatican signs first treaty with 'State of Palestine,' backs two-state solution - Jerusalem Post
The Vatican signed its first treaty with the "State of Palestine" on Friday, calling for "courageous decisions" to end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict with a two-state solution.
Israel expressed disappointment last month at the Vatican's announcement that it reached the outline of an agreement with the Palestinians and at the Holy See's use of the term "State of Palestine" for the first time in an official document.
The agreement, according to a Vatican statement, "deals with essential aspects of the life and activity of the Catholic Church in Palestine."
Both parties, according to the statement, "agreed that the work of the Commission on the text of the Agreement has been concluded, and that the agreement will be submitted to the respective authorities for approval ahead of setting a date in the near future for the signing." (Read more)
- Lord God, this news tells us that we are now one step closer to the time of Your soon coming. May we be found faithful when You return, Abba . . . may we all be found faithful . . . in the Name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen and amen.
- "Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect." (Matthew 24:44)
9. Cruz to Supreme Court: If you want to be legislators, resign and run - Washington Post
"Every GOP candidate for the Republican nomination should know that this decision makes the 2016 election a referendum on the full repeal of Obamacare," said Sen. Ted Cruz (Tex.), one of the 13 Republicans who have declared they are running. (Read more)
- Lord God, Senator Cruz made this statement on Thursday -- one day before the Court ruled against gay marriage. Today, his indictment is doubly true. May these justices stop legislating from the bench, and return to their true calling to fulfill the duties of the Judicial Branch of the United States government. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "Do not move an ancient boundary stone set up by your ancestors." (Proverbs 22:28)
10. California wildfires force residents from homes in two towns - Reuters
Residents of two California towns were under mandatory evacuation orders on Thursday as a burgeoning wildfire swept through drought-parched mountains, officials said.
The fire in the mountains of San Bernardino County east of Los Angeles was among scores of wildfires raging along the U.S. West Coast, from Alaska through California, in areas hit by drought and suffering record-low snowpack.
In southern Oregon, firefighters had contained 60 percent of a 5,341-acre (2,161-hectare) fire in Cave Junction that has closed forest lands but not damaged property.
Another 21 fires in Alaska ignited overnight, making a total of nearly 300 active blazes, according to the state's Division of Forestry. (Read more)
- Abba, we cry out to You for Your deliverance from these awful wildfires in California, Oregon and Alaska. We ask that no more lives be lost, and no more homes and buildings, nor animals, be destroyed. Give wisdom to those in control of the forces fighting these fires.
We also ask that any efforts of anyone to disrupt the quenching of these fires be stopped immediately! We know that some people are evil and wish to observe the suffering of others, but we disallow that in this case, in Your precious Name! You are the Lifegiver, and Sustainer. We ask for the quick stoppage of these fires, and we ask for restoration of the land, in Yeshua's Name we pray! Amen!
- "The Lord says, "Whoever loves Me, I will save. I will protect those who know Me.They will call to Me, and I will answer them. I will be with them in trouble; I will rescue them and honor them. I will give them a long, full life, and they will see how I can save." (Psalm 91:14-18)
The Daily Jot
Friday, June 26, 2015
Supreme's ruling small part of a bigger prophetic issue
The Supreme Court Ruling 6-3 in favor of socialist healthcare is just a small part of a bigger prophetic issue. In his dissent opinion, Justice Antonin Scalia may have pointed it out. He said, "Words no longer have meaning if an Exchange that is not established by a State is 'established by the State.' It is hard to come up with a clearer way to limit tax credits to state Exchanges than to use the words 'established by the State.' And it is hard to come up with a reason to include the words 'by the State' other than the purpose of limiting credits to state Exchanges." Analysis of his profound words point to two realizations about the direction of our nation that speak to its political and social health and to its spiritual condition.
The Supreme Court ruling is really about whether the US Constitutional Republic can become socialist. According to the Supreme Court, the answer is "yes." And it can be done so with so-called "conservative" members voting in favor of socialism. The argument in this case was the definition of the word "State." Does it mean State, as in an individual state, or does it mean State as the "statist" government, the State? Six of these black robed oligarchs ruled that the word "State" means the federal government. The 10th Amendment says "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." According to the majority on the Supreme Court, we are all now part of the socialist Federal government.
Which brings us to the spiritual condition of our nation. As Justice Scalia so astutely said, "Words no longer have meaning..." It is not just the Supreme Court, yet it should know better, but much of America that is twisting words to fit the meaning they desire. Equal under the law becomes equality in all things expressed by using the word "rights." Its now a "right" to have government mandated healthcare. It is a "right" for the same sex to marry. It is a "right" for a woman to kill her unborn child. Its your "right" that you only have a gun for hunting purposes. All these "rights" need words twisted in some way, their meanings changed, so they can become legal under the Constitution and the laws of the nation.
Words no longer have meaning. So what is true? What is just? And by what standard is truth and justice measured? Isaiah 59:13,14 says, "In transgressing and lying against the LORD, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood. And justice is turned back, and righteousness stands afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter." This prophetic word is what has happened to our nation. Psalm 35:20 speaks of enemies who "devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land." We need to to speak and act boldly with the truth of Christ. Otherwise equity is lost in the name of equity.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Black Pastors say NO to Court Decision!
My message to you regarding SCOTUS . . .
Judicial Activism . . . Lawlessness . . .
Statement by Rev. William Owens, President
The Coalition of African American Pastors
Today, The US Supreme Court got it wrong on marriage. In this historic case, five justices declared same-sex marriage the law of the land. These mere mortal men, unelected judges, overturned the votes of 50 million Americans. This is wrong. In my last communication, I mentioned that we are ready to move to the next level. If I go to jail. So be it. Please take a moment and join RISE today!
As I have said, we are not willing to sit by silently as our civil rights are trampled and the family dismantled. We are prepared to do what it takes to defend our fundamental rights and stay true to our conscience.
The Court is wrong to think that they have settled the issue of same-sex marriage. They were wrong with Roe v Wade in 1973 and they were wrong today. You and I know that God's design for marriage has always been and will always remain: one man and one woman. It's God's truth. This truth can't be changed, altered, or ignored.
What we will ignore are the lawless judges and politicians who betrayed the votes of "We the People." As I have stated for years, I marched in the civil rights movement and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. taught us the moral importance of disobeying an unjust law. This Supreme Court decision is wrong and unjust.
Since we are the true heirs of the civil rights movement, we will follow Dr. King's model. We will not be silenced on this issue. If we are to defend our religious freedom and our values, we have no other choice.
Today's decision is not the end of our fight to protect marriage and family. These justices wrongfully and willfully rewrote the law defining marriage, but God's laws are final. They can't be rewritten, adjusted or molded to normalize that which isn't normal. That which is contrary to human nature.
So, this fight belongs to all of us and we would never be able to make a strong stand without your help.
(Read more here)
The Coalition of African American Pastors, [aka] The Coalition for American Action and Principles, is a grass roots movement of Christians who believe in traditional family values in American public life. We believe in protecting the lives of the unborn, and defending the sacred institution of marriage.
It's Time to RISE!
It's Time to RISE!
RISE is a special initiative of the Coalition of African American Pastors. In short, it's our exclusive grassroots network, uniting people of every race, creed, culture, and background. You don't need to be a Pastor. You don't need to be African American. All you need in order to join RISE is a desire to help us create a new movement for faith, family, and justice.
Our nation is asking us to rise up and defend our most cherished values. Join RISE today and help become part of this movement!
"But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you." (Acts 26:16)
[To learn more about RISE and how to join this grassroots movement, please go here.]
Statement by FRC
Today, in one breathtaking move, the nation's highest court took for itself the power reserved for its people -- overturning the votes of millions of Americans and demanding that they walk away from millennia of human history, human nature, and the explicit teachings of Scripture in the process. Exactly two years after this court took an iron gavel to federal marriage law, the same justices came back to finish the job -- inventing a sweeping "right" to same-sex marriage no founding father intended.
Are we disappointed? Yes -- but not surprised by an increasingly activist Court that sees itself as super-legislators. While five justices may have trampled the will of more than 50 million people, they do not have the moral authority to redefine marriage. Just as Americans refused to accept the Court's decision on abortion 42 years as legitimate, they will not accept this one. Like the 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling, this all but ensures that America will not achieve broad social consensus on marriage. Why? Because it will be used to rob Americans of their rights in the marketplace, in the education of their children, and most importantly, in the expression of their beliefs on marriage.
. . . For those who are called to such a time as this, the moment has been given to us to stand firm. And that is what we will do. Calvary, Shannon Royce told our staff earlier, must have seemed like the darkest day in the world -- but it was really just the beginning of victory. This is a disheartening decision, to be sure. But we will not let a court's definition of marriage define us. For "the plan of the Lord stands forever, the designs of his heart through all generations. Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon those who fear him, upon those who count on his mercy. To deliver their soul from death and to keep them alive through famine. May your mercy, Lord, be upon us; as we put our hope in you" (Psalm 33).
[To read this entire article, including links to statements by many members of Congress, go here.]
> > > You can support the Family Research Council bygoing here.
Statement by Gary Bauer
Supremely Wrong On Marriage
Today, five unelected lawyers on the Supreme Court decided that they know better than thousands of years of Judeo-Christian civilization and millions of American voters. The majority opinion, written by Justice Anthony Kennedy, redefines marriage coast-to-coast. Once again, the Supreme Court has imposed its morality on the entire country and told millions of citizens that their votes and their values do no matter. In his dissent, Chief Justice John Roberts told supporters of same-sex marriage that they could celebrate their victory and the expanded benefits that come with it. "But do not celebrate the Constitution. It had nothing to do with it," he wrote.
Roberts also predicted that polygamy would be next:
"Although the majority randomly inserts the adjective 'two' in various places, it offers no reason at all why the two-person element of the core definition of marriage may be preserved while the man-woman element may not. . . . It is striking how much of the majority's reasoning would apply with equal force to the claim of a fundamental right to plural marriage."
Justice Antonin Scalia, well-known for his scathing critiques, was particularly harsh in his dissent. He called the decision a "judicial putsch" and compared Justice Kennedy's reasoning to "the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."
Scalia warned that the decision represented a "threat to American democracy." Consider this excerpt: "Today's decree says that my Ruler, and the Ruler of 320 million Americans coast-to-coast, is a majority of the nine lawyers on the Supreme Court. . . . This practice of constitutional revision by an unelected committee of nine . . . robs the People of the most important liberty they asserted in the Declaration of Independence and won in the Revolution of 1776: the freedom to govern themselves."
Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in his dissenting opinion, "Aside from undermining the political processes that protect our liberty, the majority's decision threatens the religious liberty our Nation has long sought to protect."
We will provide more analysis in the days ahead. But there is one thing we must focus on right now: How do we respond?
Are we going to throw up our hands and give up? If that response is widely embraced, I guarantee you that your children will grow up in a country that no longer tolerates religious liberty.
So you can run up the flag of surrender or you can redouble your efforts at your church, within your families and with the groups and candidates you support.
This is absolutely critical in the upcoming 2016 elections. The men and women we elect to public office nominate and confirm the judges who serve on our courts, including the Supreme Court.
Four justices of the Supreme Court are 76 years-old or older. The odds are overwhelming that the next president we elect will have the opportunity to fundamentally change the ideological balance of the Supreme Court.
This issue alone would be worth every effort you can possibly make and every dime you could possibly invest between now and next November to ensure that we take back the White House and hold the Senate!
So I must urge you once again to please stand with me now. (Go here)
Governor Abbott Strikes Back
Statement from Governor Abbott Regarding Supreme Court Ruling on Gay Marriage
"The Supreme Court has abandoned its role as an impartial judicial arbiter and has become an unelected nine-member legislature. Five Justices on the Supreme Court have imposed on the entire county their personal views on an issue that the Constitution and the Court's previous decisions reserve to the people of the States.
Despite the Supreme Court's rulings, Texans' fundamental right to religious liberty remains protected. No Texan is required by the Supreme Court's decision to act contrary to his or her religious beliefs regarding marriage.
The Texas Constitution guarantees that 'no human authority ought, in any case whatsoever, to control or interfere with the rights of conscience in matters of religion.' The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees the free exercise of religion; and the Texas Religious Freedom Restoration Act, combined with the newly enacted Pastor Protection Act, provide robust legal protections to Texans whose faith commands them to adhere to the traditional understanding of marriage.
As I have done in the past, I will continue to defend the religious liberties of all Texans-including those whose conscience dictates that marriage is only the union of one man and one woman. Later today, I will be issuing a directive to state agencies instructing them to prioritize the protection of Texans' religious liberties."
(Source: www.kiiitv.com) Read more here.
- Father God, we do thank you for Texas Governor Greg Abbott and his bold statement, protecting the religious freedom of the citizens of his state. We ask that You visit all other 49 governors by Your Spirit, and release to each one the same passion to defend the rights of their own citizens, too. We ask this in the name of Jesus, amen and amen.
- "Fear thou not, for I am with thee: be not dismayed: for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee: yeah, I will help thee: yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." (Isaiah 41:10)
More News from Texas
In Texas, Attorney General Ken Paxton promised voters that local officials will not act until the leaders of the state exhaust all of their options. His boss, Governor Greg Abbott (R), fired back at the Court with a statewide directive protecting anyone with sincere beliefs from being punished by the government for "granting or denying benefits, managing agency employees, entering or enforcing agency contracts, licensing and permitting decisions, or enforcing state laws and regulations." Together, they are telling America: the court may have had the last word on marriage, but it will not have the final one. (Source: Family Research Council)
The Enemy Within
The Enemy Within
As ISIS strikes overseas, the United States is facing its highest terrorist threat level ever. The FBI is rounding up known ISIS sympathizers in what appears to be a significant effort to thwart attacks during July 4th celebrations. And the danger could be far greater than we realize.
I have written repeatedly about the obvious deficiencies in our immigration and refugee policies when it comes to importing the hatred and bigotry that is so prevalent in the Islamic world.
The Center for Security Policy recently commissioned a poll to examine the sympathies of Muslims here in America. It found that 51% of Muslims favored the use of shariah law, while only 39% of American Muslims felt they should be subject to U.S. courts and our Constitution.
But far worse, nearly 20% said violence was "justified in order to make shariah the law of the land."
Think about that for a moment. Estimates of the Muslim population in America vary dramatically. But let's use the most conservative estimate of roughly 3 million. If the poll is accurate, there could be 600,000 Muslims in America who are prepared to use violence in order to subvert the Constitution.
Why aren't we having a national conversation about that? (Gary Bauer)
Christian Prayers for Ramadan
Christian Prayers for Ramadan:
Day Ten: Saturday, June 27, 2015
The Orma and Wardei of East Africa
The lives of the Orma and Wardei tribes call to mind John 10:14-16, where Jesus calls himself the Good Shepherd.
One local worker writes: "When the sun goes down, I watch the Orma bring their animals into their village. First, the little boys pass with the goats and sheep, then the men with the cows. When they reach the village, the sounds of the animals mix with the voices of children singing and the sound of drums. There is joy when the animals return - the herder knows every animal, and they know the herder. The animals know the way, but sometimes one is missing and the herder returns into the bush, calling out 'Oi! Oi! Oi!' until he finds it. If he doesn't find it, other family members join in the search the next day."
The Wardei have similar lifestyles to the Orma; they live in the Tana Delta region of Kenya. Their estimated population is 53,000. There is little information about them, and few agencies are specifically reaching out to them. They aree isolated from other people groups, though some have intermarried with the Orma. Those from other tribes who come to their village usually do casual labour for them. The Wardei women normally build their houses, as well as collecting firewood, cooking, selling milk, fetching water and caring for the small calves. The men look after the cattle and move around with them in search of pasture. They follow Islam and some take more than one wife, especially those with a leading position in the village.
The chewing of miraa (khat) is common among Wardei men. Miraa is from a plant grown in the region and acts like a drug. It's big business and exported to Europe. Tradition says that the Wardei originate from the Orma and were taken captive by the Somali for four generations. They returned to Kenya when it gained independence. That could explain why they speak Somali and not Orma. These tribes share history - let's pray that they find a future that includes the Good Shepherd
How can we pray?
-Pray that the tribes would find the one true Shepherd.
- Pray that those addicted to miraa would find release from their addiction and the drugs trade.
- Pray that other believers will bring the news of the Shepherd who lays down His life for His sheep to the Orma and the Wardei.
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS
"Do not be discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's." (2 Chronicles 20:15)
Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus going on before.
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
Forward into battle see His banners go!
Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus going on before.
At the sign of triumph Satan's host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers, on to victory!
Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
Brothers lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
Brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
We are not divided, all one body we,
One in hope and doctrine, one in charity.
[Read all the lyrics by going here.]
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Sabine Baring-Gould, 1865
Music: Arthur S. Sullivan, 1871
Signs and Wonders
Mystery as 600 dogs jump from 'haunted suicide bridge' leaving at least 50 dead
At least 50 dogs have leapt to their deaths from a 50ft 'suicide bridge' - and nobody knows why.
Animal psychologists are baffled by the bizarre phenomenon that has seen up to 600 dogs jump off the bridge for no apparent reason.
Explanations range from the curious canines being over-excited, to ghosts haunting the century-old bridge next to Gothic castle Overtoun House.
Some locals in West Dunbartonshire, Scotland, even claim it could be the spirit of the 'White Lady of Overtoun' who has been sighted there for over 100 years. (Read more)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
The Lifeguard Who Walks on Water: "It Was Totally God" Who Saved Drowning Little Girls
(Montevallo, AL)-Four students from Montevallo High School traveled to Perdido Beach on the Gulf Coast for their senior trip in May, never dreaming they would return heroes.
Kalya Smith, Lupe Serrano, Meredith Goggins and Katie Hamrick were together on the beach when they noticed three girls struggling in water about 40 feet from shore. Instantly, the four students came to their rescue.
Upon their return, the Alabama House of Representatives passed a resolution commending the girls for their actions. The students, however, made light of their feat, giving glory to God instead.
The resolution read: "The extraordinary, quick thinking, and heroic rescue actions during a life-threatening situation saved theses three young girls from drowning... [the students] have demonstrated decisiveness and exemplary character, numbering them among Alabama's finest citizens."
Said Meredith Goggins of the commendation: "It wasn't us that was out there. It was totally God. My 'Lifeguard' walks on water."
Source: Breaking Christian News
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Libera - Going Home (Full Version - Live)
Yes, Lord . . . amen . . .