Sunday, June 28th: Call2Fall
For details, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, May 18, 2015
"Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand."
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:11)
A Rainbow Over the Supreme Court
Monday, April 27, at sunset. Please remain with us in prayer over the pending decision on traditional marriage until the verdict has been rendered.
" . . . from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. . . What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Mark 10: 6,9)
Thank You, Lord, for watching over this Court. In Jesus' name, amen.
"In a dream, a vision of the night,
When sound sleep falls on men,
While they slumber in their beds,
Then He opens the ears of men,
And seals their instruction,
That He may turn man aside from his conduct,
And keep man from pride;
He keeps back his soul from the pit,
And his life from passing over into Sheol."
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. More Iron Dome batteries deployed in light of renewed rocket fire - Jerusalem Post
In light of recent regeneration of rocket fire on southern Israeli communities, security officials decided last week to deploy four Iron Dome air defense system batteries in Ashdod, Netivot, Ashkelon and Beersheba. On Thursday night, rocket alert sirens sounded in Ashkelon and surrounding communities warning of a possible projectile attack. Although the projectile failed to reach Israeli territory landing instead in the Gaza Strip, a Salafi group affiliated with Islamic State took responsibility for the failed attempt. The same organization also claimed responsibility for rocket fire at the South last Saturday. In both cases their were no injuries or damage. (Read more)
2. Israel said to urge US to increase aid to Syrian Druze - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu last week urged Gen. Martin Dempsey to boost US aid to Syria's increasingly embattled Druze minority, Haaretz reported Saturday night.
The request was lodged with the US Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman during the military chief's Jerusalem visit, and after Israel ruled out direct involvement in Jabal al-Druze. The area, which lies deep in Syrian territory, faces attack by the Islamic State from the east and Al-Nusra front from the west, the report said.
Israel did not, however, nix sending aid to the Druze community in Khadr, on the Syrian Golan Heights, it said.
Meanwhile, thousands of Druze Israelis held protests in northern Israel on Saturday in an appeal to the Israeli government to assist their brethren across the border. Members of Israel's Druze minority, many of whom have relatives and friends in Syria, were collecting money, clothes, food, and other staples to send across the border, the Ynet news website reported. The marches on Saturday drew large crowds, with participants chanting "We will not be silent in the face of the slaughter," and threatening to launch an open-ended strike. (Read more)
3. Likud central comittee members vote on fateful proposal to give themselves more power - Jerusalem Post
Likud central committee members voted Sunday on a proposal to give themselves the right to choose the entire Likud list of the next Knesset.
Some 3,700 members of the Likud central committee were eligible to vote at 10 polling stations across the country Sunday on a proposal to change how Israel's ruling party elects its MKs. (Read more)
4. 'Hamas Has a Civilian Army' - Israel National News
The head of the Center for Near East Policy Research, journalist David Bedein, told Arutz Sheva Sunday that Israel is falling into Arab information war traps by referring to non-combatants killed in Gaza as civilians, when it should refer to them as members of "Hamas's civilian army."
Bedein explained that UNRWA is being used to train and indoctrinate a new generation of children in Gaza into terrorism.
Bedein called for an Israeli hasbara effort stressing UNRWA's role in placing children on the front lines in "Hamas's children's army," as documented by Center for Near East Policy Research, and to stop referring to Hamas-run firms that receive supplies from Israel as "civilian." (Read more)
5. Netanyahu: "We are working to open new markets in Asia" - Jerusalem Online
Speaking at the IDC Herzliya Conference, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stressed: "Israel's strength is expressed in many, many fields, but today there can be no security or political strength without economic strength. That is why one of the missions I have taken on during my tenure as Prime Minister is to strengthen Israel's economy, to transform it from a closed, concentrated economy to an open economy, an economy that can compete in the global arena."
He emphasized that Israel has surpassed the per capita income of all the neighboring countries in the Mediterranean region, including of nations located in Europe. (Read more)
6. Israeli Gaza war report defends IDF actions, fingers Hamas - Times of Israel
Anticipating the imminent publication of a United Nations report on last summer's war in Gaza, the Israeli government on Sunday published its own account of the events surrounding the conflict, known in Israel as Operation Protective Edge.
The 275-page report, which officials say has been in the making ever since the war ended in late August 2014, places the blame for the war's casualties squarely on Hamas and armed factions operating in the Strip.
While Israel has previously published much of the information and many of the arguments provided in the report, it also contains some new data. For instance, it presents for the first time the army's analysis of the war's casualties. According to the IDF's account, 44 percent of the 2,125 Palestinians killed in Gaza were "militants," and 36% were "uninvolved civilians." Some 20% of victims have yet to be identified. (Read more)
7. 'Iran spying on Israel, Saudi Arabia with major cyberattacks' - Times of Israel
The Israeli ClearSky cybersecurity company said it has discovered an ongoing wave of cyber attacks originating from Iranian on targets in Israel and the Middle East. The goal is "espionage or other nation-state interests," the firm said.
The hackers have used techniques such as targeted phishing - in which hackers gather user identification data using false web pages that look like real and reputable ones - to hack into 40 targets in Israel and 500 worldwide. In Israel the targets have included retired generals, employees of security consulting firms and researchers in academia.
Some 44 percent of those targeted are in Saudi Arabia, followed by Israel (14%) and Yemen (11%). (Read more)
8. Israeli and US Air Forces sign historic strategic pact - United with Israel
In what was described as an historic agreement, Israeli and American Air Forces signed an unprecedented accord, which was revealed last Monday, formalizing the joint cooperation. Included was a work plan for the coming year.
"It is a constitutive moment and a significant milestone in the cooperation between the forces, realized for the first time in a signed agreement," said Brigadier General Ya'akov Sharabani, the IAF's attaché in Washington. (Read more)
9. A new inside account of Obama's Israel ire - New York Post
When it's released June 23, the new book by bestselling historian Michael Oren is going to be the talk of Washington and Jerusalem - not to mention everywhere people take an interest in the relations between the United States and Israel, which is to say, in many if not most places on the planet.
It's called "Ally: My Journey Across the American-Israeli Divide," and I'm not sure that in the annals of diplomatic history there's ever been anything quite like this astonishing account of Oren's four years (2009-2013) as Israel's ambassador in Washington.
It's an ultimate insider's story told while all the players save Oren are still in place; the Israeli prime minister he served still holds office and the administration to which he was the ambassador will remain in power until January 2017. (Read more)
10. Hebrew Nation News Alert - HNN
To read this edition of the HNN Alert,please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. Senator warns of another attempt to pass Obamatrade - WND
House Democrats led the charge Friday to kill a bill that has stalled President Obama's trade agenda, but a leading Republican opponent in the Senate warns congressional leaders are preparing next week "to force through new executive powers for President Obama." In a stunning 302-126 defeat, the House killed a worker-aid bill - Trade Adjustment Assistance - tied to legislation that would give Obama "fast-track" authority to negotiate and expedite the passage of trade deals with minimal congressional involvement.
Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., said in remarks provided to WND that a vote for TAA next week "is a vote to send fast-track to the president's desk and to grant him these broad new executive authorities. If that happens, it will empower the president to form a Pacific Union encompassing 40 percent of the world's economy and 12 nations - each with one equal vote," he said. (Read more)
Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that Sen. Jeff Sessions is again raising up a warning that deceptive actions are being planned which will be destructive to our nation and it's future. We ask that You rise up and expose all hidden agendas, causing them to shatter and be as naught, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Better is a little with the fear of the Lord, than great treasure with trouble." (Proverbs 15:16)
"Devise a plan, but it will be thwarted; State a proposal, but it will not stand, For God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
2. TAA', 'TAA', America! - Canada Free Press
The TAA (Trade Adjustment Assistance) vote coming Tuesday is the Final Act of the hideous Fundamental Transformation of America. It brings forward an America that will exist in name only in a Barack Obama-styled Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) that holds ultimate power over 40 percent of the world's total economy . . .
That no one knows what's in the TPP is the one big lie that keeps the masses from realizing that the TPP, packaged in the one-party politics that is now the United States of America, is spinning non-stop toward an inevitable fait accompli.
That Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats have turned on their master Obama is merely a Machiavellian ploy at work.
"It appears there will be another attempt by Tuesday to force through new executive powers for President Obama. A vote for TAA next week is a vote to send fast-track to the President's desk and to grant him these broad new executive authorities. If that happens, it will empower the President to form a Pacific Union encompassing 40 percent of the world's economy and 12 nations-each with one equal vote. Once the union is formed, foreign bureaucrats will be required to meet regularly to write the Commission's rules, regulations, and directives-impacting Americans' jobs, wages, and sovereignty. The union is chartered with a "Living Agreement," and there is no doubt it will seek to expand its membership and reach over time. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up our petition before the Court of Heaven and ask that any deceptive and destructive plans which are being promoted by the executive branch to Congress relating to this bill, be exposed and destroyed. We take the Blood Bought Cross of Jesus Christ and hammer it down through this bill as it comes before Congress on Tuesday, causing the TAA and all related bills to be destroyed. We beg for mercy, Father, repenting deeply for our sins and the sins of our nation which have allowed this destructive plan to be promoted. We offer this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen and Amen.
- "For nothing is hidden that will not become evident, nor anything secret that will not be known and come to light." (Luke 8:17)
"Everyone proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord; though they join forces, none will go unpunished." (Proverbs 16:5)
3. US Now World's Largest Oil, Natural Gas Producer - VOA
The United States became the world's largest oil producer in 2014, according to a report by the BP energy company. BP economist Spencer Dale credits the "shale revolution" for a surge in American oil production that helped U.S. producers "leapfrog" over Saudi Arabia. American output of natural gas and oil combined is now greater than that of Russia, the previous global leader.
In a presentation to energy experts in Washington, Dale said we are witnessing a "changing of the guard" in terms of global energy suppliers with "profound" implications. The U.S. now spends far less on energy imports, which once hurt the nation's balance of trade and the economy. Dale said that at the high point last year, "more than 1,800 rigs were operating in major U.S. oil and gas plays, drilling around 40,000 new wells." That's enough wells to boost U.S. production to 11.6 million barrels per day - roughly 16 percent more than the year before. (Read more)
- Lord of the Universe, Who made the Heavens, Earth, and those things under the Earth, we praise You for the deposits of oil and gas that You placed here on our planet, and, particularly, within, or beneath our nation! We thank You that we do not have to be dependent on other nations for these resources! We thank You that You are our Source, and You do meet all our needs. Give us wisdom, O Lord in the sale and distribution of these resources in such a fashion that will bring glory to Your holy name!! We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Just as I was in the days of my prime, When the friendly counsel of God was over my tent, When the Almighty was yet with me, When my children were around me; When my steps were bathed with cream, And the rock poured out rivers of oil for me!" (Job 29:4-6)
4. California orders large water cuts for farmers - Fox News
California regulators ordered farmers and others who hold some of the state's strongest water rights Friday to stop pumping from three major waterways in one of the country's prime farm regions.
The order involving record cuts by senior water rights holders in the Sacramento, San Joaquin and delta watersheds followed mandatory water curtailment earlier this year to cities and towns and to farmers with less iron-clad water rights. The targeted waterways provide water to farms and cities in the agricultural-rich Central Valley and beyond.
Farmers and water districts have promised court battles to stop what are the broadest incursions on record to the water allotted to senior-rights holders. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we kneel in repentance before Your heavenly throne for the sins of our nation which have brought this drought judgment upon one of our key national farming areas. We ask for Your mercy and help for the farmers in this region so that they may water their crops as needed. We know that, as a nation, we are undeserving as often we waste what we have been blessed with from Your hand. Forgive us, Father, and lead us into full restoration of Your ways, praying this in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen and Amen.
- "Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness." (Psalm 107:8-9)
5. 2nd attack! Chinese hackers steal intel on U.S. soldiers, spies - WND
A hack attack targeting federal employees is much worse than the White House administration has let on, said the president of the government workers union. And now a second massive cyberbreach of federal records, reportedly executed by China, has resulted in the theft of sensitive information provided by intelligence and military personnel to obtain security clearances.
Nearly every one of the millions of U.S. security-clearance holders is said to be impacted by the newest security breach reported Friday evening - including CIA, National Security Agency and military special operations personnel.
"The forms authorities believed to have been accessed, known as Standard Form 86, require applicants to fill out deeply personal information about mental illnesses, drug and alcohol use, past arrests and bankruptcies," the Associated Press reported Friday. "They also require the listing of contacts and relatives, potentially exposing any foreign relatives of U.S. intelligence employees to coercion. Both the applicant's Social Security number and that of his or her cohabitant is required."
Joel Brenner, a former top U.S. counterintelligence official, said, "This tells the Chinese the identities of almost everybody who has got a United States security clearance. That makes it very hard for any of those people to function as an intelligence officer. The database also tells the Chinese an enormous amount of information about almost everyone with a security clearance. That's a gold mine. It helps you approach and recruit spies." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we bring before Your throne the lives of all those who have been victimized by this attack, and ask You to keep them surrounded in Your care. If they know You, we ask You to call them forth to renewal in Your light and if they have not come yet to You and You know they will come, we ask You to have mercy, Lord, and to redeem them quickly. We ask this as we know in this time of history that You alone are our protection, our life and our salvation. We pray this in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen and Amen.
- "May you be blessed by the Lord, who made heaven and earth." (Psalm 115:15)
6. Veterans ripped off by fake research project - WND
A Veterans Administration researcher used actors and pressured veterans into participating in a "secret shopper"-style project, and now the House Veteran Affairs Committee is investigating how the agency spent $900,000 for the faked study.
The head of the study, Dr. Saul Weiner, professor of medicine, pediatrics and medical education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, admitted actors were hired to portray veterans, according to a letter from the committee chairman, Rep. Mike Coffman, R-Colo.
"The actors wore hidden microphones to capture the physician-patient interaction; feigned symptoms that took real appointment slots from veterans and tied up facility resources, such as lab tests, while health-care professionals sought answers to the actor's fake maladies," Coffman said.
The letter was directed to Carolyn Clancy, the interim under secretary for health at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. (Read more)
- Father God, we bring the needs and concerns of our veterans before Your Throne of Grace, that You may comfort, guide, strengthen and heal them. We know they have sacrifice so much for all of us, yet sadly we also know that lately they have not been "rewarded" correctly with the benefits due to them. Here is an example of how that care has been delayed by a false study. Have mercy upon these men and women, Lord, by rising up and striking down all the obstacles that have prevented them from receiving the care they need and deserve. In the Name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
7. CDC Warns U.S. Doctors to Watch for MERS - Alerts USA
Twice this week AlertsUSA subscriber were notified via text messages to their mobile devices regarding warnings issued by the U.S. government regarding a growing outbreak of the highly infectious and deadly Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus in S. Korea. The first of these alerts was issued on Monday when the U.S. Embassy in Seoul, S. Korea warned all Americans in the country about the outbreak and the need for self-quarantine for up to 15 days if they had visited any of 63 specifically identified hospitals, as well as an exit ban imposed for travel outside of the Republic of Korea during the quarantine period.
AlertsUSA subscribers were notified a second time on Thursday when a warning was issued by the Centers for Disease Control to healthcare professionals nationwide to be alert for symptoms of the virus in their patients here in the U.S.. The warning message comes as in less than a month, the outbreak has grown from a single index patient who visited 4 hospitals before being properly diagnosed to at least 138 people infected, 14 deaths and more than 1300 under quarantine (4000+ since the outbreak began). Cases are now also being reported in China. Late last week, the Seoul Metropolitan Government warned that a doctor who treated one of the early MERS patients has himself been diagnosed and may have exposed more than 1,500 Seoul residents, including the attendees of two major medical conferences. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask for Your mercy and protection in the midst of this deadly spreading MERS outbreak. Lord God, only You are able to protect us from this disease, which can so easily be spread worldwide through international travel. We ask that You hover over and fully heal all victims of the MERS virus in South Korea and around the world. We pray that You will direct all medical staff involved to know how to respond and control this spreading menace to society. We pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen and Amen.
- "For His merciful kindness is great toward us, and the truth of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord!" (Psalm 117:2)
8. Bishop pleads for West to accept 'mass asylum' of Iraqi Christians - WND
As U.N. sends mostly Muslim 'refugees' to U.S., Christians are left stranded
A leading Iraqi prelate has called on the U.S. and its allies to double down on their efforts to defeat ISIS militarily, and, if that is not possible, to rescue Iraq's 120,000 exiled Christians and grant them asylum in the West.
Archbishop Mouche said if the West is unable or unwilling to expand its military options against ISIS, then it should open its doors to Christians and other minorities seeking asylum.
"I am calling on the international community: if they cannot protect us, then they must open their doors and help us start a new life elsewhere," he said. But "we would prefer to remain in Iraq and be protected here," he added. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we come before Your throne and seek protection for Your persecuted remnant in Iraq. If the US responds militarily against ISIS enough so that these Iraqi Christians may remain in Iraq, then direct the US military leadership as to how to shut down the power of ISIS. Otherwise we pray that You will confront whomever in US leadership needs to be confronted about opening the doors to asylum in the US for our Christian brothers and sisters. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)
9. Gunman dead after firing on Dallas police outside headquarters - Fox News
A crazed gunman armed with an automatic weapon and a shotgun fired on officers outside Dallas Police Headquarters early Saturday morning before being shot by a police sniper following an hours-long standoff. Authorities later confirmed the suspect was dead.
Dallas Police Chief David Brown said at a press conference that the gunman ranted in a 911 call after the attack about killing cops and came within seconds of doing so in the case of several officers in the line fire. "We barely survived the intent of this suspect," Brown said He said it was extremely fortunate no officers were hurt.
Investigators found a package containing pipe bombs near the headquarters building and the suspect told police he had C-4 explosives in his armored van, Brown said. The package exploded as an Explosive Ordinance Robot picked it up. "Lots of shrapnel was included in the pipe bombs that exploded-- screws, nails," a police spokesman tweeted.
Two pipe bombs were also found in the van after the suspect was shot. When police detonated those devices, the gunman's van caught fire and ammunition rounds went off inside. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we stand in the gap and repent for the sins of all of us which have opened the 'doors' of our nation to a seemingly endless wave of violent and destructive actions by these murderers. We lift before You our own law enforcement officers for strength and courage in these attacks. We pray that You will have mercy upon all involved, comforting and strengthening them and redeeming all who do not know You if they will come. Direct us how to pray, we ask, in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people." (Prov. 14:34)
10. Gay Pride Parade draws 120,000 in Tel Aviv - Ynet News
The 17th Pride Parade held in Tel Aviv on Friday drew record-breaking crowds of somewhere between 120,000 to 160,000 according to the Tel Aviv municipality, somewhat lower than the previously expected 200,000 marchers. Tourist participants were expected to number 30,000.
This year's parade focuses on promoting equal rights to members of the transgender community and accompanied with the slogan: Tel Aviv loves all genders.
Tel Aviv Mayor launched the parade at Gan Meir, saying, "My proud friends, I am happy to stand on this stage and launched the 17th Pride Parade. We've gone through a lot and reached a different reality in Tel Aviv and in Israel. To the politicians I'd like to say there is a lot more legislation left to do in order to promote the LGBT community in Israel." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we stand in the gap and fall before You because so many these days have gone astray and do not truly know You. We feel so saddened for these deceived people and ask for You to draw them unto You quickly, praying this in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen and Amen.
- "All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirits. Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established."
Statement by Congressional Allies Caucus
IAF and Members of Congress React to Zivotofsky v. Kerry Ruling
The Israel Allies Foundation issued the following statement regarding the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in the Zivotofsky v. Kerry case:
"We are disappointed that the Supreme Court did not uphold the right of American citizens born in Jerusalem, Israel to identify their country of birth on passports and other important documents. The will of the people was clearly expressed by the United States Congress in 2002 when it authorized the correction of this hurtful problem. In delivering its decision, the Court highlighted an even greater issue: it is the President of the United States who must officially recognize Israeli sovereignty over the entirety of Jerusalem. Recent presidential candidates have affirmed Israel's right to Jerusalem on the campaign trail, but have failed to follow through with action once in office. The Israel Allies Foundation calls upon the President of the United States, and all candidates vying for the next Presidency, to unequivocally declare that they will heed the will of the overwhelming majority of Americans who want their government to finally and officially recognize Israeli sovereignty over the entirety of Jerusalem."
Members of Congress have reacted negatively to the ruling as well. The IAF will keep a running list of Congressional reaction on this page.
Congress Responds to SCOTUS Ruling
Congressmen call on Obama to recognize Jerusalem
as Israel's capital after US court ruling
US President Barack Obama must use his executive power to officially recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, pro-Israel Congressmen said after last week's US Supreme Court decision to strike down as unconstitutional a congressional law allowing "Israel" to be written as the birthplace on passports of Jerusalem-born Americans.
The Supreme Court took the side of US President Barack Obama's administration in Zivotovsky v. Kerry last Monday, saying that the law encroached on the president's policy to set foreign policy.
Members and chairman of the Congressional Israel Allies Caucus came out against the decision, with many calling for Obama to use the power the Court ruled he alone holds to do what the now-canceled law authorized.
"The sad and unfortunate truth is that this President has done all he can to diminish the standing since he walked into office," Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) . . . stated. Franks said that, because Obama "refuses to reflect the unified American voice that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, Congress has been placed in the very uncomfortable position of having to confirm to the world who our allies are."
The goal of the law SCOTUS repealed was to hold the US President to his own statement that "Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided," Franks explained, adding that Obama misled the American people when it comes to his support for an undivided Jerusalem.
Franks also called for the White House to, in a "noble act of courage and justice that comports who we are as Americans," recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and move the US Embassy there.
Rep. Eliot Engel (D-NY), a co-chairman of the CIAC and co-sponsor of the Jerusalem passport law, called the Supreme Court ruling "very, very wrong" in an interview with NPR, and Rep. Brad Sherman, another CIAC co-chairman tweeted that he was disappointed by the decision. "The ability to claim one's Israeli heritage shouldn't be blocked for political reasons, especially when referencing that heritage is simply an option, not a mandate," Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-NJ) said.
Rep. Matt Salmon (R-AZ) said the decision highlights the failures of the administration's foreign policy. Rep. Peter Roskam (R-IL) posited that the administration is punishing US citizens born in Jerusalem. "Americans born in Jerusalem should be able to list their birthplace as Israel on their passport. It is that simple. Jerusalem is the rightful capital of Israel and historic homeland of the Jewish People," he added. (Jerusalem Post) Read more.
- Abba Father, we fall before You in repentance that the US Supreme Court acted in this manner. We pray that You will rise up and confront our US president to act as most US citizens want, declaring Jerusalem to be the capital of the sovereign nation of Israel. Have mercy upon us, Father, praying this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "It is time for You to act, O Lord, for they have regarded Your law as void." (Psalm 119:126)
> > > Congressman Trent Franks is the author of H.R.2846 - Recognition of Jerusalem as the Capital of the State of Israel Act. We pray that this session of Congress will now take action and pass this bill. Thank you!
"Jerusalem belongs to the Jews."
"Jerusalem belongs to the Jews:."
A Commentary by (Brigadier General, U.S. Army, Ret.)
Jim Hutchens, President, JerUSAlem Connection
To view this commentary on YouTube, please go here.
The History of Flag Day
The American Minute:
The History of Flag Day
"Millions of our school children will daily proclaim . . . the dedication of our nation . . . to the Almighty." -Eisenhower
President Woodrow Wilson designated "NATIONAL FLAG DAY."
"I . . . call your attention to the approach of the anniversary of the day upon which THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES was adopted by the Congress as the emblem of the Union . . .
. . . I therefore . . . request that throughout the nation... the FOURTEENTH DAY of JUNE be observed as FLAG DAY with special patriotic exercises . . . to give significant expressions to our thoughtful love of America, our comprehension of the great mission of liberty and justice . . . for an America which no man can corrupt, no influence draw away from its ideals, no force divide against itself . . .
Done at the City of Washington . . . in the year of Our Lord one thousand nine hundred and sixteen." (Read more here)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
TO GOD BE THE GLORY
"God and our Father: To Whom be glory for ever." (Galatians 1:4-5)
To God be the glory, great things He has done;
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin,
And opened the life gate that all may go in.
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He has done.
O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.
Great things He has taught us, great things He has done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Fanny Crosby, 1875 Music: W. Howard Doane
Signs and Wonders
Bright Spots in Ceres' Second Mapping Orbit
The brightest spots on dwarf planet Ceres are seen in this image taken by NASA's Dawn spacecraft on June 6, 2015. This is among the first snapshots from Dawn's second mapping orbit, which is 2,700 miles (4,400 kilometers) in altitude. The resolution is 1,400 feet (410 meters) per pixel.
Scientists are still puzzled by the nature of these spots, and are considering explanations that include salt and ice. (NASA)
Read more here -- includes photos of this image.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Over 100,000 Sign Petition in Support of US Navy Chaplain Modder;
Petition Delivered to Pentagon-Will They Restore Him?
"When a chaplain is not allowed to speak the tenets of his or her faith, what is left to speak?"
Family Research Council (FRC) and fellow members of the Restore Military Religious Freedom Coalition [this week] delivered a petition with 101,215 signatures to the Pentagon in support of Lt. Commander Wes Modder. The decorated U.S. Navy Chaplain was removed from his duties, will be brought before an official Board of Inquiry, and could be ultimately forced out of the military simply because he expressed Biblical views of sexual morality, including homosexuality, when counseling another officer.
The petition asks Secretary of Defense Ash Carter and the Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus to fully restore Chaplain Modder and drop all charges against him.
Of the petition Family Research Council President Tony Perkins said:
"More than 100,000 Americans are joining together in this petition to say they will not stand for service members being punished and driven out simply for living in accordance with their religious beliefs. The case of Chaplain Modder has the Navy's attention, as it should. Religious liberty is being targeted. We not only delivered petitions, we delivered a message-we will not back down from defending the religious liberty of those in the military."
Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Jerry Boykin, Family Research Council's executive vice president, added:
"Chaplain Modder-a Christian chaplain-gave Biblical counsel about sexual morality, and now he's in danger of losing his job. This kind of intimidation must not be allowed to continue. The chaplaincy exists in order to give spiritual care to men and women who serve our country, sacrifice much, and are often daily in harm's way. When a chaplain is not allowed to speak the tenets of his or her faith, what is left to speak? (Screengrab via Restore Military Freedom Coalition)
"The action taken against Chaplain Wes Modder is unacceptable, and must be rescinded immediately. Chaplains in the military must be allowed to fully and freely represent in word and in deed the faith communities that have endorsed them," concluded Boykin.
> > > To read the petition, click here.
(Source: Family Research Council and Breaking Christian News)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
I NEED YOU MORE
- Kim Walker, Jesus Culture
I need You more
More than yesterday
I need You Lord
More than words can say I need You more
Than ever before
I need You Lord
I need You Lord . . .
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you