David's Tent Returning to Washington, D.C.! September 11, 2015 - November 8, 2016.
More than 10,000 Hours of Continuous Worship!
See how you can help by going here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, June 1, 2015
"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draws near." (Luke 21:28)
A Rainbow Over the Supreme Court
Monday, April 27, at sunset. Please remain with us in prayer over the pending decision on traditional marriage until the verdict has been rendered.
" . . . from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. . . What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Mark 10: 6,9)
Thank You, Lord, for watching over this Court. In Jesus' name, amen.
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Hundreds of Protesters Block Christian Mass at David's Tomb - Israel National News
Hundreds of Jews have amassed outside David's Tomb in Jerusalem - among them prominent Breslov Hassidic leader Rabbi Shalom Arush - in an effort to block a controversial Christian Mass from being held there Sunday morning.
Their efforts have already been partially successful; due to peaceful but large protest the Mass has been moved from the tomb itself to the upper chamber opposite the tomb, which many Christians believe to have been the site of Jesus's "last supper."
However, Christian groups are still reportedly planning on holding Mass tomorrow (Monday) as previously planned in the lower chamber of David's Tomb. It is not yet known if protests by Jewish groups are planned for tomorrow morning as well. (Read more)
2. IDF to lift seizure order on yeshiva in Yitzhar settlement - Jerusalem Post
The IDF on Sunday plans to lift its year-long seizure order on the Od Yosef Chai yeshiva in the Yitzhar settlement.
Since last April, the IDF has used the large stone building to house a Border Police battalion, thereby forcing the yeshiva to relocate to near by caravans. (Read more)
3. Country-wide drill to prepare for massive three-front rocket attack - Times of Israel
Israel will be briefly jolted back into last summer's ordeal with rockets, sirens and army maneuvers beginning Sunday, as the military's Home Front Command holds a yearly emergency drill simulating three enemies attacking the country at once.
Turning Point 15 will test the preparedness of the country to deal with a massive coordinated rocket attack on population centers across Israel, including damage to essential infrastructure, as well as a cyber attack that brings down the electrical and telephone grids. It is expected to last five days. (Read more)
4. Despite Amnesty Report ICC 'Stonewalling' Hamas War Crime Trial - Israel National News
Amnesty International made waves last Tuesday with its report detailing how Hamas executed citizens in Gaza last summer in war crimes at the close of Operation Protective Edge, but just what impact will the development have on the legal struggle to bring the terrorist organization to justice?
To find out Arutz Sheva spoke with attorney Nitsana Darshan-Leitner, Director of the legal NGO Shurat HaDin (Israel Law Center) which is currently in the midst of a lawsuit against Hamas politburo chief Khaled Mashaal and other terrorist leaders at the International Criminal Court (ICC).
Darshan-Leitner said that last September her organization filed a criminal complaint on all the cases of Hamas executing citizens in Gaza. The new report "bolsters the allegations that we made concerning Mashaal and other Hamas officials over the extra judicial executions of their fellow Palestinians last summer."
She noted that Amnesty International submitted their report to the ICC meaning the court will be hard pressed to ignore the war crimes, and that her group is pressuring the ICC and UN Human Rights Commission (UNHRC) "to actually open the investigation" on the case, calling the court's clerk frequently. (Read more)
5. Netanyahu to meet today with Germany's FM to discuss Iran, peace process - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is scheduled to meet Sunday morning in Jerusalem with visiting German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier. Their discussion is expected to focus not solely on Iran, but also on stepped-up European efforts to resuscitate the moribund Israeli-Palestinian diplomatic process.
Germany, a key EU power and one of Israel's closest friends inside the organization, has not yet made its position known publicly regarding France's intention to bring a proposal with a firm timetable to the UN Security Council, calling for a two-state solution based on the pre-1967 lines. That resolution is expected to be brought together with New Zealand, which is a temporary member of the council, while France is a permanent member. (Read more)
6. After FIFA tussle, PM warns of global campaign to 'blacken Israel's name' - Times of Israel
JERUSALEM (AP) - Israel faces an "international campaign to blacken its name" aimed at delegitimizing its very existence regardless to its policies, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday. The international community disproportionally singles out the Jewish state for condemnation while remaining silent on major conflicts and human rights abuses in other countries, he said.
Netanyahu made the comments Sunday at a meeting of his new Cabinet just two days after a Palestinian proposal to suspend Israel from world football was dropped at the last moment. Netanyahu warned that such efforts to boycott Israel continue. Palestinians accelerated their campaign to boycott Israel and Israeli-made products after peace talks collapsed last year. (Read more)
7. Intercessors for Israel Weekly Alert - IFI
To read this week's alert from IFI, please go here.
8. Insights for Intercessors - (CHPP)
To read this report, please go here.
9. Hebrew Nation News Weekly Alert - HNN
To read this week's alert from HNN, please go here.
Note: special emphasis upon military movements among NATO, U.S. and Russian troops in a series of exercises now ongoing throughout the region.
The Daily Brief
1. Secretary of State John Kerry Cuts Europe Trip Short After Bike Crash
- New York Times
Secretary of State John Kerry has cut short his trip to Europe after breaking a leg while bicycling on Sunday and is returning to Boston for medical treatment. The State Department said that Mr. Kerry's bike struck a curb while he was cycling near Scionzier, France. He was taken to a hospital in Geneva and never lost consciousness.
John Kirby, a State Department spokesman, said that the secretary would return to the United States in "an aircraft outfitted to ensure he remains comfortable and stable throughout the flight. Its use is nothing more than a prudent medical step on the advice of physicians." Aides and reporters traveling with the secretary flew back to Washington on his plane. (Read more)
(From CNN) Kerry had traveled to Geneva for negotiations with Iranian diplomats on that country's nuclear program. He was cycling about 30 miles from the city, which is close to France. (Read more.)
- Lord God, first of all, we do thank You for giving this Secretary of State a "time out" . . . time to perhaps reflect upon his personal circumstances. Lord God, we do not believe that these negotiations he was engineering were in the best interests of Israel, "the apple of Your eye." We ask that You would visit John Kerry in the night, and give him Your instructions. We also ask for full restoration of this injury. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "After a period of glory, the LORD of Heaven's Armies sent me against the nations who plundered you. For he said, 'Anyone who harms you harms my most precious possession.'" (Zech. 2:8)
"In a dream, a vision of the night, When sound sleep falls on men, While they slumber in their beds, Then He opens the ears of men, And seals their instruction. . . "
2. Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden, dies of brain cancer - Fox News
Beau Biden -- son of Vice President Joe Biden -- died of brain cancer at 46, the White House confirmed in a statement Saturday.
"It is with broken hearts that Hallie, Hunter, Ashley, Jill and I announce the passing of our husband, brother and son, Beau, after he battled brain cancer with the same integrity, courage and strength he demonstrated every day of his life," the statement from Vice President Biden's office said.
"The entire Biden family is saddened beyond words. We know that Beau's spirit will live on in all of us-especially through his brave wife, Hallie, and two remarkable children, Natalie and Hunter," the statement said. (Read more)
- Father God, we too are saddened by this news. We lift up the entire Biden family, as well as all who now grieve the loss of this young man. We ask that You comfort those who mourn as only You can do, dear Lord; and draw each one close to you in this time of sorrow. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." (Matthew 5:4)
3. NSA bulk phone data collection program expires after Senate fails to make deal - Fox News
The National Security Agency's ability to collect the phone records of millions of Americans in bulk expired late Sunday after the Senate failed to strike a deal before the midnight deadline.
However, that program, as well as several other post-9/11 counterterrorism measures, were likely to be revived in some form in the coming days after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. reluctantly embraced a House-passed bill that would extend the anti-terror provisions, while also remaking the bulk phone collections program. (Read more)
- Lord God, we see by this report that this controversy has not yet come to an end, but will merely "morph" into another phase soon on the Hill. We continue to ask Your guidance in all matters related to the NSA's ability to tap into our communications systems and we thank You for answering our prayers, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirits. Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established." (Proverbs 16:2 and 3 NKJV)
4. Obama looks to force LGBT hirees on faith-based charities - WND
The Obama administration is preparing to force every charitable organization receiving federal grants to end prohibitions on hiring people based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
In its latest "Friday Fax," the Center for Family and Human Rights, or C-Fam, cites an unnamed but well-placed administration source, who says the administration is definitely headed in that direction. "Our source told us that the administration is moving very quietly to insert sexual orientation and gender identity language into the application process for grantees. They cannot discriminate based on sexual orientation and gender identity, and there is no exemption for religious believers," said C-Fam President Austin Ruse.
"Quietly" appears to be the key word in this process. Ruse said this revelation comes as news to just about everyone. "This caught a lot of faith-based groups off guard. When we started calling around to get comments yesterday, two very big groups had heard nothing about this," said Ruse, who would not divulge which groups he contacted.
For Ruse, this move by Obama is just the latest in a systematic effort to destroy the moral underpinnings of American society. "I am convinced that certain leftist people would love to eliminate all the mediating institutions between the government and the individual," he said. "Those are primarily the family and religious organizations. They're working very hard to eliminate those organizations." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we stand in the gap before Your throne and repent for all our sins and the sins of this nation, as we acknowledge this kind of action is a 'judgment' for our turning away from You and Your ways. This article clearly reflects how the 'enemy' is using these reported policies to undermine Your moral codes and to further damage and destroy Christian groups. Forgive us, forgive us, forgive us Lord! We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "The wicked prowl on every side, when vileness is exalted among the sons of men." (Psalm 12:8 NKJV)
5. Insurers Seeking Large Premium Hikes for Obamacare Plans - Newsmax
The nation's insurers are experiencing large increases in healthcare costs, and as a result, many want double-digit premium hikes that could make Affordable Care Act plans much less affordable for millions of Americans. "Insurers seem to be reporting higher trend, which means they are seeing bigger increases in healthcare costs," said Larry Levitt, senior vice president for special initiatives at the Kaiser Family Foundation, reports Politico.
"But really what's going on here is they now have data showing what the risk pool looks like. Initially in 2014 they were completely guessing about who was going to enroll and how much healthcare they were going to use."
In New Mexico, Blue Cross Blue Shield has proposed a 50 percent premium increase for its Obamacare plans, but state officials may reject the request. However, insurance experts predict premiums will go up even more next year than they did during the initial two years after Obamacare coverage was approved. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we know that many families are already stretched beyond their income levels to pay these healthcare premiums and now this report states that these prices will rise significantly. Help Your people, Lord, directing us what to do and how to deal with all of these absurd costs. We ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "It is time for You to act, O Lord, for they have regarded Your law as void."
(Psalm 119:126 NKJV)
6. Texas floods: Enough rain to cover entire state with 8 inches of water in May - CNN
So much rain has fallen this May on flood-ravaged Texas that it could cover the entire state with 8 inches of water, meteorologists say. Every drop of rain these days is a drop too many in much of Texas, where 22 people have died and President Barack Obama has declared a major disaster.
In the Houston suburb of Rosenberg, police evacuated residents from 20 homes, and those in 14 more homes were waiting Saturday until the last minute to evacuate as the Brazos River threatened to flood with more rain, Lt. William Henry said.
Several rivers in Texas were at flood stage at 108 locations, the National Weather Service said Saturday. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we bring this extremely tragic and destructive rainfall and flooding before Your throne, asking for Your help to stop this devastating weather. We ask for all those reported as 'lost' to be found, so that those grieving may have resolution and that Your Shalom will fill all who need to be comforted. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33 NKJV)
7. Anti-Semitic fliers found in neighborhoods across region - Washington Post
A day after anti-Semitic fliers papered a neighborhood in Chevy Chase, similar fliers turned up in a D.C. neighborhood, and people throughout the region said they had also seen the hateful leaflets at their doorsteps. Multiple people in the Takoma Park neighborhood in Northwest D.C. contacted the Post to say that they had found the flier - a two-page compilation of declarations about Jews and falsified quotations - on Thursday morning.
Others said they had seen it earlier, before Montgomery County police said they were investigating the distribution of the leaflets in Chevy Chase. Post readers said they had seen the flier at their homes in D.C. neighborhoods including Bloomingdale, Cleveland Park, Friendship Heights, Georgetown and Mount Pleasant; in other neighborhoods in Chevy Chase; and in Arlington and Alexandria.
Police in the District and Montgomery County said that they were aware of the fliers and interested in learning more about who was distributing them, but that they had not concluded whether distributing the fliers was a crime. "We would have to consult with the state's attorney to see if this activity actually rises to the level of a criminal violation," Montgomery County Capt. Paul Starks said. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we fall before You and repent for our nation and her people who would be spreading this hatred concerning Your special people and the land of Israel. Forgive us, Lord, and rise up to assist the police in the D.C. area to find who is doing this. We ask, too, for justice to rule in this case, as hate crimes are a criminal offense in our nation. Lord, let us not slide into the same mentality that gripped Nazi Germany in the 1930's. Help us, O Lord, we pray in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "The curse of the Lord is on the house of the wicked, but He blesses the home of the just." (Proverbs 3:33 NKJV)
8. Islamic State fighter trained by State Dept.: 'We will come to your homes and we will kill you' - Washington Times
A fighter with the Islamic State group in a new online video was trained in counterterrorism tactics in the U.S., the State Department confirmed.
Col. Gulmurod Khalimov, a former police commander from Tajikistan, is shown in black garb worn by the Islamic State group and holding a sniper rifle and a bandolier of ammunition in the terror group's new video. He claims that he participated in training programs on U.S. soil three times, one of which was in Louisiana, CNN reported Friday.
Now Mr. Khalimov has joined the very kind of terrorists he was trained to fight. Experts say Mr. Khalimov's counterterrorism experience will give him a major advantage against U.S. forces. Mr. Khalimov says that he joined the Islamic State because what he saw in his training sessions turned him against his sponsors.
"Listen, you American pigs: I've been to America three times. I saw how you train soldiers to kill Muslims," he says in Russian, CNN reported. "You taught your soldiers how to surround and attack, in order to exterminate Islam and Muslims." At one point in the video Mr. Khalimov looks directly into the camera and says "God willing, we will find your towns, we will come to your homes, and we will kill you," CNN reported. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, have mercy upon us as this ISIS terrorist, having been trained by our nation, now wants to use all he learned against our people. We know from observing the actions of these Islamic groups to take seriously what is being declared. We take up the Blood bought Cross of Jesus Christ and hammer it down through all the plots and schemes of this enemy until their plans come to naught. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "He delivered me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me, for they were too strong for me." (Psalm 18:17 NKJV)
9. ISIS War Against Arabia Could Change the World - Breitbart
Two weeks. Two suicide bombings. Both targeting Shiites in a Sunni land. And both claimed by ISIS.
If this were Iraq or Syria, these attacks-sadly-wouldn't be surprising. But it's not. It's Saudi Arabia, home to Islam's most precious sites and the region's most powerful Sunni rulers-a relatively vast territory, kept remarkably stable by the ruthless application of authoritarian rule while its neighbors teeter under the destabilizing weight of popular revolution and terrorist intervention. . .
But today, in Dammam, a city on the Saudi eastern coast, a man dressed as a woman blew himself up outside a Shiite mosque and killed three others. . . ISIS now is bragging that their man reached his target despite heightened security after the group's first attack in the kingdom just eight days ago. That one, on another Shia mosque in a village called al Qadeeh, killed 21.
"They certainly are significant," said Mike Singh, former senior director for Middle East affairs at the National Security Council during the George W. Bush administration. "These attacks seem designed to exacerbate sectarian divisions, precisely as ISIS has sought to do elsewhere." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, the 'nightmare' that is ISIS just keeps spreading and growing. It is now working on destabilizing Saudi Arabia, and appears to want the entire Middle East to be unstable, violent and under their demonically inspired control. We come before You and ask You to direct our leadership how to respond to all of this. We also ask that You direct the prayers of Your people so that Your timing and not those of the 'enemy' will be followed regarding events occurring within the Middle East. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Everyone proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord; though they join forces, none will go unpunished." (Proverbs 16:5 NKJV)
10. Qatar extends travel ban on ex-Gitmo inmates - Fox News
Qatar has agreed to temporarily extend travel bans on five senior Taliban leaders released last year from the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in exchange for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, a State Department official confirmed to Fox News Sunday.
The official said the ban would remain in place until diplomatic talks for a longer-term solution are completed. The restrictions had been due to expire on Monday under a May 2014 exchange for Bergdahl. U.S. officials said Friday the Obama administration was closing in on an agreement with Qatar to extend the restrictions for six months that could be announced this weekend. It was not immediately clear why that agreement had not been finalized.
The U.S. remains in "close contact" with Qatari authorities "to make sure these individuals do not pose a threat to the United States." As a result of the talks to date, Qatar "has agreed to maintain the current restrictive conditions on these individuals as we continue these discussions," the official said. (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "It is good to give thanks to the Lord And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning And Your faithfulness by night . . ." (Psalm 92:1,2)
Statement by Franklin Graham
Franklin Graham Says There Is No Tolerance for Christians in Culture
After Marine Court-Martialed for Keeping Bible Verse on Her Computer
The Rev. Franklin Graham has spoken out on a case concerning a Marine Corporal who was court-martialed for refusing to remove a Bible verse from her computer at work, stating that it shows that there is no tolerance in culture for Christians.
Marine Lance Cpl. Monifa Sterling was court-martialed earlier this week after she was convicted Feb. 1, 2014, for refusing to remove the verse "No weapon formed against you shall prosper" (Isaiah 54:17) from her computer.
"Unbelievably, she was criminally prosecuted by the U.S. government for displaying this encouraging scripture on her computer in her workspace. Give me a break, really? Can our society be at a point where a supervisor can order a young Marine to remove a Bible verse from her computer? Others are able to display secular messages without any opposition, but Sterling was targeted by her supervisor," Graham wrote in a Facebook post on Wednesday.
"Today there's a tolerance in our culture for everything - except the things of God and His Word." (Christian Post) Read more.
- Abba Father, we lift up Franklin Graham before Your throne for protection and praise for boldly declaring Your values before the world. We ask that there be a review of what was done to this Marine Lance Corporal and a removal of the criminal judgment against her for the 'crime' of having an encouraging Bible verse posted on her computer. Mercy, Father, have mercy! We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Arise, O Lord, confront him, cast him down; deliver my life from the wicked with Your sword, with Your hand from men, O Lord." (Psalm 17:13-14a NKJV)
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, May 31 - Saturday, June 6, 2015
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
"The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer." (Psalm 18:2)
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine;
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Fanny Jane Crosby
Music: Phoebe Palmer Knapp
Signs and Wonders
Little-known quake, tsunami hazards lurk offshore of Southern California
While their attention may be inland on the San Andreas Fault, residents of coastal Southern California could be surprised by very large earthquakes -- and even tsunamis -- from several major faults that lie offshore, a new study finds.
The latest research into the little known, fault-riddled, undersea landscape off of Southern California and northern Baja California has revealed more worrisome details about a tectonic train wreck in the Earth's crust with the potential for magnitude 7.9 to 8.0 earthquakes.
The new study supports the likelihood that these vertical fault zones have displaced the seafloor in the past, which means they could send out tsunami-generating pulses towards the nearby coastal mega-city of Los Angeles and neighboring San Diego.
"We're dealing with continental collision," said geologist Mark Legg of Legg Geophysical in Huntington Beach, California, regarding the cause of the offshore danger. "That's fundamental. That's why we have this mess of a complicated logjam." (Science Daily) Read more.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Scottish Assisted Suicide Bill Defeated
A Bill proposing to introduce assisted suicide in Scotland has been defeated at Holyrood by 82 votes to 36.
The Bill, which was taken over by Patrick Harvey MSP following the death of Margo McDonald, had its first stage reading in the Scottish Parliament on Wednesday (27th May).
The legislation purported to allow those over the age of 16 with terminal or life-shortening illnesses to end their lives with the assistance of another person, known as a "licensed facilitator."
Its defeat was predicted by the Care Not Killing Alliance earlier this week when it announced that 59 MSPs opposed the bill with a further 17 MSPs leaning towards opposing it. (Read more)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Because Of Who You Are"
- Vicki Yohe
Worship Him today!
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!