Sunday, June 28th: Call2Fall
For details, go here.
URGENT Prayer Call for NATIONAL SECURITY
& NATIONAL AWAKENING (Go here)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
"Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand." (Matthew 3:2)
The photo shown below was taken on June 1, 2015.
" . . . in wrath remember mercy." (Habakkuk 3:2)
A Rainbow Over the Supreme Court
Monday, April 27, at sunset. Please remain with us in prayer over the pending decision on traditional marriage until the verdict has been rendered.
" . . . from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. . . What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Mark 10: 6,9)
Thank You, Lord, for watching over this Court. In Jesus' name, amen.
"In a dream, a vision of the night,
When sound sleep falls on men,
While they slumber in their beds,
Then He opens the ears of men,
And seals their instruction,
That He may turn man aside from his conduct,
And keep man from pride;
He keeps back his soul from the pit,
And his life from passing over into Sheol."
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. 'We'll expose the truth; Israel didn't commit war crimes' - Israel Hayom
We will expose the truth; Israel did not commit war crimes," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared Sunday, as the United Nations Human Rights Council was gearing up to issue its findings on possible war crimes during Israel's war with Hamas in Gaza last year.
Earlier Sunday, Netanyahu was handed a report on the war, compiled by a government appointed panel, which concluded that Israel adhered to international law and used proper proportionality.
Referring to the Israeli report and to another report issued over the weekend by a group of former high-ranking Western military officials, which commended Israel on "exceeding" the highest standards of war conduct, Netanyahu said that "anyone who wants to know the truth will read this report and the generals' report. Those who want to continue the baseless accusations can waste their time reading the U.N. report." (Read more)
2. Lawmaker says UN panel showed 'ignorance' of Gaza conflict - Times of Israel
With the UN Human Rights Council's investigative committee set to publish the conclusions of its probe on last summer's Gaza war, Knesset member Haim Jelin, the former Eshkol Regional Council head who went to Geneva to testify before the committee, said Monday that the Israeli government is not doing enough to state Israel's case before the world.
Jelin (Yesh Atid), who went to Geneva with seven others to testify before the committee on his constituents' behalf in January, also told Army Radio that the questions he was asked by members of the UNHRC's investigative committee betrayed lack of knowledge.
"It is truly ignorance," Jelin said. "I felt that they were asking questions that were utterly disconnected from reality. It shows the enormous gap that exists between what they know and think and the truth." (Read)
3. Rouhani says Iran will get a good nuclear deal - Israel Hayom
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani gave a vigorous defense of nuclear negotiations to a domestic crowd on Sunday, pledging to reach a deal that would lift the hardship of sanctions as the talks enter their final weeks.
Speaking at a televised rally in the northeastern city of Bojnord to mark the second anniversary of his 2013 election victory, Rouhani used sweeping rhetoric to play up the benefits of easing Iran's long international isolation.
"With the guidance of the supreme leader [Ayatollah Ali Khamenei] and the support of the people, we will enrich both uranium and the economy in Iran," he told a crowd of thousands.
"We want the nation to be happy and productive, to have a bright economy and social welfare -- and to have centrifuges too." (Read more)
4. Concerns over Khamenei's health may jeopardize nuke deal - Times of Israel
Concerns over the health of Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who reportedly suffers from prostate cancer, are mounting as the P5+1 and Tehran negotiate an agreement over Iran's disputed nuclear program.
According to recent reports in the Iranian press, Khamenei may only have months left to live, The Telegraph reported on Sunday, and an ensuing power struggle between hardliners and moderates over Iran's top role could derail talks currently taking place ahead of the June 30 target date.
In March, Iran's Assembly of Experts, the clerics who appoint and can dismiss the country's supreme leader, elected ultraconservative Ayatollah Mohammad Yazdi as their new chairman.
According to the report, Ayatollah Sadeq Larijani, a protege of Khamenei's and a hardliner, has been positioning himself for the role, conducting purges of the more moderate potential candidates. (Read more)
5. Israeli Druze send NIS 10m to arm embattled Syrian brethren - Times of Israel
Druze communities in Israel have collected more than NIS 10 million ($2.6 million) for the Druze community in Syria to buy weapons and other necessities, Likud MK Ayoub Kara said on Monday.
The chaos of Syria's civil war has precipitously downgraded living conditions for the 800,000 members of the Druze community in Syria over the past two months, Kara said.
Previously, the Druze mostly supported the regime of Bashar Assad, but in the past two months Assad's forces have been unable to protect the Druze community in southern Syria from jihadist groups. (Read more)
6. Report: Hamas mulling long-term ceasefire with Israel - Times of Israel
Leading members of Gaza-based terrorist group Hamas convened in Qatar over the past several days to discuss a proposal for a long-term ceasefire with Israel, the Palestinian Al-Quds newspaper reported Monday.
According to Palestinian officials quoted by the paper, Hamas representative Moussa Abu Marzouk set out to the Qatari capital of Doha on Saturday in the hopes of finalizing a three-to-five year truce with the Jewish state. The truce proposal, which is backed by both Qatar and Turkey, is based on an outline formulated by UN special envoy to the Middle East Nikolay Mladenov, according to the NRG news site. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Obama fights for Asia trade deal with relevance hanging in the balance - The Washington Times
The next 48 hours could determine whether Barack Obama's presidency effectively has ended.
If Mr. Obama somehow persuades dozens of Democratic lawmakers to change their minds by Tuesday night and vote with him on a second attempt to pass trade legislation, he will rescue an agreement that is designed to be the centerpiece of his foreign policy shift toward Asia and is the major economic initiative of his second term.
But if the defeat delivered by the House on Friday stands, Mr. Obama will lose much more than his desired Trade Promotion Authority. Unable to lead a majority of his own party, he will enter the final 18 months of his presidency badly weakened in the eyes of foreign powers and the U.S. public. (Read more)
- Father God, we have travailed much over this trade package, and now we leave this matter entirely in Your hands. Thank You, Lord, for guiding our lawmakers to do the best thing for our nation when they each cast their votes on this trade bill. In the name of Jesus Christ, we pray, amen and amen.
- "Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." (Psalm 55:22)
2. What Obama's trade deal (likely) means for American jobs - CNN Money
What's the debate? The White House and Republican leaders say that's great news for American workers. It would make it easier for millions of people in other nations to buy U.S. goods, which should create jobs. "We're going to see unprecedented growth in the middle class in the Asia Pacific from 570 million [in the] middle class to 3.2 billion in just the next 15 years," Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker told CNNMoney.
But Democrats and unions say history hasn't shown that free trade is all that beneficial to workers at home. A deal like TPP would just make it easier for businesses to move jobs elsewhere, they argue. "This trade agreement would continue the race to the bottom for American workers," said Senator Bernie Sanders, a Democratic presidential candidate. (Read more)
- Lord God, we repent that we have sought sources, other than Your grace, to meet our needs. We ask, Lord, that this Congress not pass any bill that would lead us into entanglements that we will regret in the future. Help us to know Your wisdom in this vital matter, we pray. Amen and amen.
- "Cause them to repent and to turn from their idols."(Ezek. 14:6)
3. Sex, lies and debt potentially exposed by U.S. data hack - Reuters
The disclosure last week that hackers had penetrated a database containing such intimate and possibly damaging facts about millions of government and private employees has shaken Washington. The hacking of the White House Office of Personnel Management (OPM) could provide a treasure trove for foreign spies. (Read more)
- We pray, Oh Lord, that this information will be rendered useless to those who wish to harm America in spite of our laxness in watching over important data. We pray for healing, protection, and restoration of those who have already been harmed by this. We repent for not honoring You in our country as we should and seek Your mercy as our enemies seek ways to weaken us.
- "Each time the message was this: 'Turn from the evil road you are traveling and from the evil things you are doing. Only then will I let you live in this land that the Lord gave to you and your ancestors forever." (Jeremiah 25:5)
4. Religious leaders defy U.S. government: We stand with Bible - WND
Prominent Christian and Jewish leaders are warning the U.S. Supreme Court justices in a full-page ad in major newspapers that they will not honor any decision that violates the "biblical understanding of marriage as solely the union of one man and one woman."
The statement by the leaders - who include Franklin Graham, James Dobson, Frank Pavone, Don Wildmon, Jerry Boykin, Alveda King and Alan Keyes - appears in a full-page ad in the Washington Post, USA Today and other papers.
"We will not honor any decision by the Supreme Court which will force us to violate a clear biblical understanding of marriage as solely the union of one man and one woman." (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for the courage demonstrated by these leaders of our faith. We pray that this messages will "get through" to the Supreme Court Justices, and that they will, indeed, take heed as they finish writing their opinions on the two gay marriage cases that were heard last March. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "And now, O kings, be ye wise, be admonished, ye judges of the earth." (Psalm 2:10)
5. Tropical Storm 'Bill' likely to form in Gulf by Tuesday - WYFF News 4; Greenville, SC
The Tropical disturbance in the Gulf of Mexico is stationary and unchanged from last night, according to Gilbert. Winds topped 40 mph and the system was showing signs of broad circulation. It is still disorganized but expected to become a tropical storm and earn the name of Bill in the next 24 to 48 hours. All models show it moving to the Northwest and bringing heavy rain to southern and central Texas. (Read more)
- Our Dear Lord of Mercy, we appeal to You to lessen this storm into one that will bring beneficial rain for crops and fill up water reserves for the state of Texas and for other areas it is forecast to affect. Father, we pray for people to prepare wisely for this large rain event so that no life is lost and property is protected. Thank You for placing Your protective hand of covering over Texas and our country at this time. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall." (Isaiah 25:4)
6. Italy threatens EU: 'Sort out migrant mess you caused or get hurt' - RT.com
Rome has warned of retaliatory measures unless the EU changes its asylum policies to make them more in "solidarity" with Italy, which continues to struggle with an enormous inflow of mostly North African migrants. "If the European Council chooses solidarity, then good. If it doesn't, we have a Plan B ready but that would be a wound inflicted on Europe . . " (Read more)
- Father, help Italy with the influx of these refugees. The surrounding countries are not helping with the solution of managing the refugees. Help them find a solution to this issue. We pray in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "I will bless the LORD who has counseled me; indeed, my mind instructs me in the night." (Psalm 16:7)
7. Russia warns it would react should U.S. station arms in Baltics, eastern Europe - Reuters
A plan by Washington to station tanks and heavy weapons in NATO states on Russia's border would be the most aggressive U.S. act since the Cold War, and Moscow would retaliate by beefing up its own forces, a Russian defense official said on Monday.
The United States is offering to store military equipment on allies' territory in eastern Europe, a proposal aimed at reassuring governments worried that after the conflict in Ukraine, they could be the Kremlin's next target.
Poland and the Baltic states, where officials say privately they have been frustrated the NATO alliance has not taken more decisive steps to deter Russia, welcomed the decision by Washington to take the lead.
But others in the region were more cautious, fearing their countries could be caught in the middle of a new arms race between Russia and the United States. (Read more)
- Father, we seek Your wisdom for our military officials and diplomatic corps as information is weighed and negotiations are carried out to make Europe and the world safe from Russian aggression. In the name of Jesus, we bind up Russia from depriving yet more territory of freedom and independence. We speak the Shalom of God over these borders and pray for a vast move of the Holy Spirit over this area.
- "Asa told the people of Judah, 'Let us build towns and fortify them with walls, towers, gates, and bars. The land is still ours because we sought the Lord our God, and he has given us peace on every side.' So they went ahead with these projects and brought them to completion." (2 Chronicles 14:7)
8. Nuclear weapons states upgrade warheads despite disarmament - AFP
Nuclear armed states continue to upgrade their stockpiles despite an international trend towards disarmament, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute reported Monday. Between 2010 and 2015 the number of warheads fell from 22,600 to 15,850 according to the institute's annual disarmament report which said the US and Russia represented the bulk of the reduction.
The institute also pointed to "extensive and expensive long-term modernization programmes" in the world's two largest nuclear powers which account for 90 percent of the weapons. (Read more)
- Father, may all these countries be transparent in reporting their weapons. Protect us from harming each other. In Jesus name.
- "Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in many parts of the world, as well as famines. But this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come." (Mark 13:8)
9. White House hit with jihad threat on U.S. radio - WND
Weekend talk-radio host Aaron Klein today conducted a pre-recorded interview with Abu Al-Ayna al-Ansari, a leader of a Salafi group in the Gaza Strip that is allied with Islamic State ideology. Ansari previously has granted interviews with Arabic-language news media outlets. Klein told the radio audience he decided to not conduct the interview live for fear the jihadist may issue direct threats against individuals or countries.
Stated Al-Ansari: "Our goal is to bring Islam, to bring Sharia all around the world. And we will not rest until we see our flag raised in the United States, raised upon the White House and everywhere there are Crusaders who are fighting our people."
"We are sure that our Caliph, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, in spite of all the international military campaign that is targeting the Islamic State, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi will bring his revenge to all those who are humiliating our prophet and humiliating Islam. I call you to follow Islam," he continued, "and I call you not to confront the Muslims because there is no choice but to see Islam ruling all around the world." (Read more)
- Lord God, we stand in repentance for the sins in our nation . . . both in our personal lives and in our country. Lord God, we realize that it is our own sin and lack of repentance that has caused our walls to fall down, and we ask that You would hear our cry and send forth Your angelic host to keep our nation safe in our time of need. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied." (I Samuel 17:45)
10. US lawmakers approve measure to prevent anti-Israel boycotts - Israel Hayom
The U.S. House of Representatives approved a measure Friday that could result in punitive measures against European companies that boycott Israel.
The measure, which was already approved by the U.S. Senate last month, is part of the large bill called the Trade Act of 2015 that is set to arrive at the president's desk in the near future. Under the bill's Trade Promotion Authority, the president would be granted wide leeway to conclude a trade deal with the European Union. Congress would get the chance to vote on the deal but not on its various provisions.
The bill would essentially prevent the U.S. from engaging in free trade with a European trade partner (either the EU itself or a European corporation) so long as it is involved in the boycotting of Israel, potentially barring such entities from submitting bids for government contracts in the U.S. Moreover, a company that is traded in the U.S. stock exchange (or other American capital markets) would have to state whether it has engaged in anti-Israeli activity in Europe and provide a full account of its relations with the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement against Israel. (Read more)
- Lord God, we offer You a great chorus of PRAISE over this move by our Congress. Lord God, this bill is one that monitors trade between other nations and their own relationship with Israel, for the blessing and benefit of that tiny nation. Abba Father, as we do to Israel, so it will be done unto us. We ask a blessing in return as our members of Congress continue to grapple with the difficult issues in the current trade bill now on the table. May Your wisdom guide all they do, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Let the earth hear the voice of the Lord!" (Isaiah 1:2)
The Daily Jot
Monday, June 15, 2015
Political dealings and back room smoke
A lot of smoke-filled back room political dealing is going on as the Republicans in Congress are bent toward handing wide-sweeping and unconstitutional powers to the "president" through the so-called Trade Promotion Authority. Friday, the bill was voted down with the help of Democrats and Republicans who haven't lost their minds. The "president's" minions and a cadre of his GOP lapdogs, however, are making another run at it this week. Now they have decided to entice Democratic votes for the trade pact with a tax increase on small businesses and language that gives the IRS more authority to penalize small business owners on technicalities. Yes, Republicans throwing small business under the bus!
Christians are in a quandary. Since the Reagan Revolution, Christians have been voting largely Republican because they give lip service to keeping God in the public square, standing for traditional marriage, firmly against abortion. But the Republican record on their collective votes regarding the economy has been dismal. It was George W. Bush who started the whole quantitative easing--the federal government using your tax dollars to bail out Wall Street brokers to the tune of billions per month. This strategy to prop up the economy was placed on steroids under the current "president" in a massive effort to redistribute wealth. Republicans didn't vote for socialist health care, but they did little to stop it.
On the speaking trail, Republican leaders hit God and country issues that tug on the heartstrings of middle class Christian America. In the Washington, DC smoke-filled back rooms, they play the political game with the liars and deceivers. It seems they do not understand that they were elected to stand for what is right, not make deals that would have been worse if they hadn't negotiated. There are times when it is not in the best interest of citizens to negotiate, but rather to stand firm. It appears, they are too involved in playing the game, instead of doing the right thing. At least the Democrats are honest about their immoral and ungodly agenda. Republicans get elected and then they join in the depravity.
When the "church" became so self-indulgent and extra-biblical, it abrogated many of its duties to the government. Instead of engaging society with the good news of the gospel, the "church" has pulled back. It has largely become a self-help club that people join, and, "oh by the way," they talk about Jesus once in a while, but don't really know him and why he did what he did, or what Christians are supposed to do as a light to others. Hence, deception makes easy prey. First and foremost, we must listen to the words of Jesus in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Then we must begin changing society by letting our light so shine before men. It took us a while to get in this condition, it will take a while to restore our nation. But we need to start now and we need to be aggressive about it.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, June 14 - Saturday, June 20
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
Preparing for Ramadan
Preparing for Ramadan:
Month of Fasting to Begin on Thursday, June 18th
A Call to Prayer and Fasting for the Salvation of all who Practice Islam
JUNE 18 - JULY 17
Extraordinary stories about the massive number of Muslims converting to Christianity are appearing around the world. Recently at World Magazine, writer Warren Cole Smith interviewed 25-year missionary David Garrison who has documented his findings about the Muslim phenomenon. He said, "There is a revival in the Muslim world."
The 'Voice of the Martyrs" blog has an excellent report on this phenomenon and you will find the article at this link.
This year for Ramadan you are encouraged to visit www.30daysprayer.com. This website is an excellent resource with teaching articles and specific daily prayers.
The intercession of God's people is being used to soften and prepare the hearts of Muslims! The Lord is drawing them to Himself and they are receiving a revelation of Jesus Christ as the Son of God.
Join us this year as we continue to declare the Lordship of Christ over the lives of the 1.6 billion Muslims in the world - and see our God glorified in their midst!
(Source: AGLOW International)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
ON JORDAN'S STORMY BANKS I STAND
"The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp." (Revelation 21:23)
On Jordan's stormy banks I stand,
And cast a wishful eye
To Canaan's fair and happy land,
Where my possessions lie.
I am bound for the promised land,
I am bound for the promised land;
Oh who will come and go with me?
I am bound for the promised land.
O the transporting, rapturous scene,
That rises to my sight!
Sweet fields arrayed in living green,
And rivers of delight!
There generous fruits that never fail,
On trees immortal grow;
There rocks and hills, and brooks and vales,
With milk and honey flow.
O'er all those wide extended plains
Shines one eternal day;
There God the Son forever reigns,
And scatters night away.
No chilling winds or poisonous breath
Can reach that healthful shore;
Sickness and sorrow, pain and death,
Are felt and feared no more.
When I shall reach that happy place,
I'll be forever blest,
For I shall see my Father's face,
And in His bosom rest.
Refrain Filled with delight my raptured soul
Would here no longer stay;
Though Jordan's waves around me roll,
Fearless I'd launch away.
About the Author:
Words: Samuel Stennett, 1787
Music: William Walker, 1898
Signs and Wonders
Sign of the times? Volcanic activity at record levels
Temblors, eruptions mark 'beginning of birth pangs?'
The earth's core is getting more restless, grinding and shifting underfoot, and increasingly spewing forth its fury.
From Alaska and Hawaii to Japan, Malaysia, Ecuador, Iceland and Russia, the amount of volcanic activity has been at or near record levels in recent years, some scientists say. But apparently measuring such activity over time is not an exact science. Other scientists believe the level of activity is normal but that the speed of communications and increased media coverage makes it seem out of the ordinary.
Earthquakes, however, are clearly running at historically high levels since 1900, according to statistics from the U.S. Geological Survey.
All the while students of the Bible are pointing to Matthew 24 and saying "I told you so."
They read in the flowing lava and glowing night-time outbursts a biblical warning sign that can't be dismissed. (WorldNetDaily)
Read more here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Israel Bringing Its Years Of Desalination Experience To California
Taking the salt out of seawater helped Israel move from the constant threat of drought to a plentiful supply of water, but Israel has learned that desalination is not the only answer.
Ben-Gurion University's Institute for Water Research is deep in Israel's Negev desert and away from the sea. Prof. Jack Gilron, head of the Department of Desalination and Water Treatment, and other researchers here test concepts in desalination to see if they might hold promise for industrial development.
Israel has long sought solutions to the threat of drought. Commercial desalination began in the 1970s in the city of Eilat, on the Red Sea. The first desalination technology used there, in a short-lived pilot project, froze water to remove the salt, then melted it to make fresh water.
But Israel seriously embraced desalination in the late 1990s, after a particularly bad drought. The government decided to build five new plants along the Mediterranean, as fast as it could.(NPR) Read more
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Not For A Moment (After All)
Not for a Moment Did you Forsake Me, You are Sovereign God.
Worship Him now!
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt & Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Restoration" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!