Pray for Charleston:
from THE RESPONSE Prayer Team
Sunday, June 28th: Call2Fall
For details, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, June 19, 2015
"Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand."
A Rainbow Over the Supreme Court
Monday, April 27, at sunset. Please remain with us in prayer over the pending decision on traditional marriage until the verdict has been rendered.
" . . . from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. . . What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Mark 10: 6,9)
Thank You, Lord, for watching over this Court. In Jesus' name, amen.
"In a dream, a vision of the night,
When sound sleep falls on men,
While they slumber in their beds,
Then He opens the ears of men,
And seals their instruction,
That He may turn man aside from his conduct,
And keep man from pride;
He keeps back his soul from the pit,
And his life from passing over into Sheol." (Job 33:15-18)
"I will bless the LORD who has counseled me; indeed, my mind instructs me in the night." (Psalm 16:7)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Sea of Galilee church where 'Jesus fed 5,000,' torched in suspected hate attack - Times of Israel
A fire broke out at the Church of the Multiplication at Tabgha, on the Sea of Galilee, early Thursday in what police suspect was an arson attack.
Firefighting crews successfully doused the blaze and two people who were in the building suffered minor smoke inhalation.
In an entrance corridor of the building, which is believed by Christians to be the site of Jesus's miracle of multiplying two fish and five loaves to feed 5,000 people, Hebrew graffiti was found, reading, "the false gods will be eliminated" - a quote from the Aleinu prayer. (Read More)
2. El Al plane that reached Europe was forced to return to Israel - Jerusalem Online
An El Al plane that was on its way from Ben Gurion Airport to New York with 340 passengers will return tonight to Israel, following a technical malfunction that was discovered in one of its engines. The airline is arranging an alternative flight that will leave for New York in the coming hours. (Read More)
3. Uruguay officials discover fake bomb near Israeli embassy - Israel Hayom
Uruguayan official says device discovered Wednesday at Montevideo's World Trade Center did not contain any explosive materials. Similar nonexplosive device was found in the same location in January. (Read More)
4. IDF Shoots 2 Terrorists Attacking Jews at Joseph's Tomb - Free Republic
Palestinian media and security officials are reporting that IDF soldiers on Thursday shot two Arab terrorists taking part in attacks against Jewish visitors to Joseph's Tomb at Shechem (Nablus) in Samaria.
The IDF allows Jews to visit the tomb of the Biblical figure only once a month for Rosh Chodesh, the new month festival, out of security concerns in the hostile city. The entrance of Jews on buses in the dead of night evidently turned into a target for Arab rioters in the pre-dawn nighttime hours of Thursday morning.
According to the 1993 Oslo Accords, Joseph's Tomb was supposed to remain under full Israeli control.
But in 2000 amid the Second Intifada terror war, hoards of rioters invaded the tomb-which housed a synagogue and a yeshiva-ransacked it and burned it to the ground, while parading Jewish holy books and desecrating them. Local Muslims later declared the site as a mosque, as the IDF reduced the Jewish presence to a once-monthly visit. (Read More)
5. Netanyahu: No limit to UN hypocrisy on Gaza - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rounded on the UN on Thursday night, saying there was "no limit" to its hypocrisy, after Secretary General Ban Ki-moon singled out Israel in a Security Council debate on children hurt in armed conflicts.
"This is a black day for the UN," Netanyahu said in a late-night statement on the remarks concerning last year's war in Gaza. "Instead of highlighting the fact that Hamas made hostages of Gaza's children when it fired at Israel from preschools, and dug tunnels towards Israeli preschools, the UN has again chosen to reproach Israel." (Read More)
6. Netanyahu defends MK Oren's remarks about US President Obama - Jerusalem Online
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is standing behind MK Michael Oren's remarks in the Wall Street Journal, refusing the US demand that he apologize for Oren's remarks against US President Barack Obama. At this time, Netanyahu is not ready to reject Oren's assessment. The Prime Minister's Office refused to comment on the matter. (Read More)
7. Palestinians to submit first file to ICC next week - YNET News
The Palestinians will next week submit their first file to the International Criminal Court in their bid to open criminal proceedings against Israel, an official said on Thursday.
The move is part of an increased focus on diplomatic maneuvering and appeals to international bodies by the Palestinians, who have been frustrated by a lack of progress in peace negotiations. (Read More)
8. Israeli critically injured in shooting attack in West Bank - Times of Israel
An Israeli man was in critical condition and another moderately injured after a shooting attack in the West Bank Friday afternoon.
According to initial reports, a group of Israelis were hiking near the settlement of Dolev, northwest of Jerusalem, and came under fire when visiting a nearby spring.
The two injured were both men in their mid-20s, according to Magen David Adom. Security forces and paramedics were called to the scene. An IDF helicopter evacuated the wounded to Tel Hashomer Hospital near Tel Aviv.
An MDA medic who was first on the scene said the critically injured man was shot in the upper body and was found unconscious and without a pulse before he was resuscitated and then transferred to hospital for further treatment. (Read more)
9. Hebrew Nation News Weekly Alert - HNN
To read this alert, please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. 'I forgive you': Suspect stone-faced as relatives of church massacre victims offer compassion - Fox News
The suspect in the Charleston church massacre stood stone-faced from jail Friday, two heavily armed guards behind him as he heard relatives of his nine victims bare their grief and offer forgiveness in a video court appearance where he was ordered held without bail.
"You have killed some of the most beautifulest people that I know," Felecia Sanders, mother of victim Tywanza Sanders, told Dylann Roof, speaking from the courtroom. "Every fiber in my body hurts . . . May God have mercy on you."
The daughter of Ethel Lance, another of the nine victims in the Wednesday night attack at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, had a similar message for the 21-year-old alleged killer, who police believe attended a Bible study meeting at the church, where he was embraced by strangers only to open fire on them for no apparent reason."You hurt a lot of people," she said, "But I forgive you."
"Repent. Confess. Give your life to the one who matters the most, Christ, so he can change your ways no matter what happens to you and you'll be OK," said Anthony Thompson, who represented the family of victim Myra Thompson. (Read more)
- Abba Father, only You can bring good out of this evil, and by the words of these believers, You are doing just that. As the whole world beholds the Glory of the Lord, in our ability to forgive even the worst criminals, bringing peace, healing, and closure . . . the Good News of the Gospel is being proclaimed. Only You can do this, Lord . . . only You. We ask rich, rich blessings to rest upon all of these who have survived and who are walking now in Your grace, in the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)
2. McConnell forges ahead with trade votes despite Dem holdouts - The Hill
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is moving forward with votes on President Obama's trade agenda next week, even though pro-trade Democrats have yet to promise their support. McConnell on Thursday filed motions to advance fast-track authority and a separate package of trade preferences for African nations combined with an extension of Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA), a program that helps workers displaced by foreign competition. The Senate will vote to end debate on fast-track Tuesday and then will vote on final passage of the measure later that day or Wednesday. Immediately afterward, the Senate will vote to end debate on the package of trade preferences and TAA, setting up a final vote on those Wednesday or Thursday. (Read the full story here.)
- Lord, we know that man without You can do nothing. We ask for Your supernatural wisdom to be upon Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, as he moves forward with this trade bill that may well take away our precious sovereignty as a nation. May Your wisdom, understanding, and discernment also be with the other Senators of both parties, and may they gain a true picture of what this legislation could/would do to our beloved Homeland. We pray You will stop them in their tracks, and teach them how to govern for the good of the people, as You did with Moses. We pray that they will hear and obey. Stop this vehicle for lawlessness we pray. Hear our cry, O Lord, and deliver us from the ignorance of man apart from you, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "He taught me and said to me, Let your heart hold fast my words; keep my commandments and live. Get skillful and godly Wisdom, get understanding (discernment, comprehension, and interpretation); do not forget and do not turn back from the words of my mouth. Forsake not [Wisdom], and she will keep, defend, and protect you; love her, and she will guard you." (Proverbs 4:1-4 AMP)
3. Senate passes $612B defense bill despite veto threat - The Hill
The Senate passed an annual $612 billion defense policy bill Thursday, including extra war funding for the Pentagon that brought a veto threat from the White House .Senators voted 71-25 on the National Defense Authorization Act, which lays out broad policy requirements for the Defense Department. The usually bipartisan bill garnered strong criticism from Democratic leadership this year for including an extra $38 billion in funds through the Overseas Contingency Operations account, the Pentagon's war fund. The maneuver allowed Republicans to bypass federal budget caps imposed in 2011. (Read the full story here.)
- Abba, thank You for this victory in the Senate to strengthen our defense, which has become so sparse under this president. We pray that if he does, indeed veto the bill, that You will give wisdom to the Senate and the House to overturn any veto. We realize we have 1 1/2 more years to "endure" this administration, and so does he, with his agenda not yet completed in his desire to weaken us further. We, the People, come to You, as our Commander-in-Chief, and Leader, and ask for Your mercy upon us. May we follow You and Your Word in securing our nation, we pray. Amen.
- "Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God, in Whom I trust'. (Psalm 91:1,2)
4. Pentagon Building Cruise Missile Shield To Defend US Cities From Russia - Defense One
The Pentagon is quietly working to set up an elaborate network of defenses to protect American cities from a barrage of Russian cruise missiles. The plan calls for buying radars that would enable...fighter jets to spot and shoot down fast and low-flying missiles. Top generals want to network those radars with sensor-laden aerostat balloons hovering over U.S. cities and with coastal warships equipped with sensors and interceptor missiles of their own. (Read more)
- Father, it is interesting to see from this news item that our government is expecting an attack of missiles from Russia. Many of us did not realize that among those who consider us an enemy is Russia. Of course, there is also North Korea, China, and the Middle East. All the more reason our defenses should be strengthened, and the wisdom to go with it. Lord, our enemies are many, but we praise You that we have an everlasting Covenant with You and that our enemies are also Your enemies, and Your enemies ours. Show Yourself strong on our behalf we pray. Be our Shield and our Defender, we pray. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- " Make an uproar and be broken in pieces, O you peoples [rage, raise the war cry, do your worst, and be utterly dismayed]! Give ear, all you [our enemies] of far countries. Gird yourselves [for war], and be thrown into consternation! Gird yourselves, and be [utterly] dismayed!Take counsel together [against Judah], but it shall come to nought; speak the word, but it will not stand, for God is with us [Immanuel]!" (Isaiah 8:8-10 AMP)
5. US Plans to Put Portrait of Historic Woman on Currency - VOA
The U.S. $10 bill will feature the portrait of a notable U.S. woman by 2020.
The new image will replace that of Alexander Hamilton, the nation's first Treasury Secretary, whose portrait has graced the $10 bill since the late 1920s. The redesigned currency will debut in time for the 100th anniversary of the formal ratification of the constitutional amendment that gave women the right to vote.
Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew announced the plans for the new redesign Wednesday. Lew said the Treasury Department will launch a social media campaign dubbed "The New 10" to solicit ideas on whose portrait should be chosen for the new bill, along with a series of public meetings. He will reveal his decision sometime this year. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that this change, if it is in our best interests, would be done with dignity and grace, and wisdom and integrity. Most of us do not like change, however, not all change is bad. So help us have the right attitude ourselves to this change, and we pray, that somehow this too will bring glory to You, the greatest Champion of all for Women and all their rights! We thank You that You made us male and female, and You love us the way You made us!! Amen.
- "But when grace is shown to the wicked, they do not learn righteousness; even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil and do not regard the majesty of the Lord." (Isaiah 26:10)
6. Report: White man threatens Virginia churchgoers, spews racial slurs - Jerusalem Post
Police arrested a white man who shouted racial slurs and threatened to kill black congregants gathered inside a church in Richmond, Virginia, on Thursday night, local broadcaster WRIC reported.
No one was injured in the incident at the United Nations Church International, about 4 miles from downtown in the predominantly black capital city of Virginia, and police quickly took the person into custody, WRIC reported. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that as we turn to You for wisdom, You do answer our prayers. Tonight we pray for unusual wisdom, from now on, so that every church in our nation is protected from violence. We ask that this wisdom and information be given to all pastors, that they can make informed decisions to keep their people safe, even as we turn to You for angelic protection, too. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
7. Michael Oren Sees A US Alliance with Israel in Tatters, and Israel 'on our Own' - Times of Israel
The US-born former diplomat, who is now a Knesset member for the Kulanu party, notes in his foreword of his new book, "Ally", that the Hebrew term for "ally" is ben brit - literally "the son of the covenant." And what he documents is actually the breaching of a covenant, the collapse of an alliance - an accumulated arc of abandonment by the Obama administration, and most especially the president himself, of Israel. It's a really worrying book --describing a presidency that is so wrong and so increasingly problematic on Israel . . . an America that wants to pull out of the Middle East.
Oren writes in the book: "Most disturbing for me personally was the realization that our closest ally had entreated with our deadliest enemy on an existential issue without so much as informing us", for seven months behind our back. Again, the book is called "Ally", but it's not the documentation of an alliance. It's the documentation of the failure of an alliance. (Read more)
- Father, again we rejoice that we, and all of history, and the world, are in Your Hands. We, too, are gravely concerned about what this president has done to our relationship with Israel, and, thereby endangering our own future as a nation. We know that You have promised to judge nations in accordance with how they treat Your beloved Israel. We ask for Your forgiveness on behalf of our president, and this nation for the maltreatment and disrespect we have shown to Prime MInister Netanyahu and his nation. Forgive us, Lord, and restore to our government those who love Your Land, and ours! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "I will gather all nations and will bring them down into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, there will I deal with and execute judgment upon them for their treatment of My people and of My heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations and because they have divided My land." (Joel 3:2)
8. France Wants the Whole World to Replace US to Force 'Peace Process' - The Jewish Press
French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius is launching a new effort to resurrect the "peace" process" that nobody seems to want, except for Western leaders who see the world from hotel rooms and airplanes. He is traveling to the Middle East, where he plans to meet with Arab League ministers on Saturday and then with Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority chairman Mahmoud Abbas on Sunday. (Read more)
- O Lord God of Israel, The whole earth reels before You, as if in a drunken state! Everyone wants to bring "peace" to a land that doesn't want peace! You said in Your Word that all those who try to "fix" it will fail and fall. You, alone are the Prince of Peace! We praise You that You are a Covenant Keeping God, and You watch over Your Word to perform it. Lord, again we ask for Your wisdom for PM Netanyahu, and that he will speak Your words, and You would be present at all these meetings, and bring glory to Yourself. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen. "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves." (See also Zechariah 12:1-5)
9. Study: Anti-Semitism Skyrockets in Canada - FreeBeacon
Anti-Semitic incidents in Canada skyrocketed over the last year and have now hit the highest levels "ever recorded" by human rights groups tracking the number of anti-Jewish episodes, according to a new study. (Read More)
- Lord, we pray for the people of Jewish descent wherever they may be. Protect them against the rising tide of anti-Semitism and help them find Your Presence.
- "Therefore, behold, I will again do a marvelous work among this people, a marvelous work and a wonder." (Isaiah 29:14)
10. Pope Francis warns of destruction of Earth's ecosystem in leaked encyclical - the Guardian
Pope Francis will this week call for changes in lifestyles and energy consumption to avert the "unprecedented destruction of the ecosystem" before the end of this century, according to a leaked draft of a papal encyclical. In a document released by an Italian magazine on Monday, the pontiff will warn that failure to act would have "grave consequences for all of us".
Francis also called for a new global political authority tasked with "tackling - the reduction of pollution and the development of poor countries and regions". (Read More)
- Lord, this is a dangerous edict. It speaks of a "super UN" to deal with the world's problems, and tells people that they will have to follow the liberal line of thinking on climate change -rather than God's thinking. We ask for Your help to dissuade him from following this line.
- "Whatever one is, he has been named already, for it is known that he is man; and he cannot contend with Him who is mightier than he." (Ecclesiastes 6:10)
The Daily Jot
It's a character issue not a gun issue
The nation is in mourning and shock over the murderous rampage of a psychopath at the Emanuel AME church in Charleston, SC., when the president wastes no time in using the tragedy to forward his Marxist agenda on gun control. In a statement from the White House, the president briefly expressed his condolences and then launched into a lecture about how we as a nation must disarm. He said, "Communities like this have had to endure tragedies like this too many times. We don't have all the facts, but we do know that, once again, innocent people were killed in part because someone who wanted to inflict harm had no trouble getting their hands on a gun."
He went on to say, "At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries. It doesn't happen in other places with this kind of frequency. And it is in our power to do something about it. I say that recognizing the politics in this town foreclose a lot of those avenues right now. But it would be wrong for us not to acknowledge it. And at some point it's going to be important for the American people to come to grips with it, and for us to be able to shift how we think about the issue of gun violence collectively." Let me state the obvious, guns can't do a thing without someone pulling the trigger. This is a character issue, not a gun issue.
The president, however, is misleading Americans. The Department of Justice and FBI report that gun ownership has increased, and at the same time, violent crime has decreased. A 2011 Gallup poll analysis concludes: "At 47%, reported gun ownership is the highest it has been in nearly two decades--a finding that may be related to Americans' dampened support for gun-control laws." The FBI reports that violent crime decreased by 17% from 2007 to 2011. The Wall Street Journal reports that since the gun ban was struck down in Washington, DC, murders decreased from 186 in 2008 to 88 in 2012, "the lowest number since the law was enacted in 1976." The "president" also misspoke about other countries.
WSJ documented in December 2012 school massacres and shooting sprees in England, Scotland and Australia, concluding "Within a decade of the handgun ban and the confiscation of handguns from registered owners, crime with handguns had doubled according to British government crime reports." Gun violence is a symptom of a broader character issue. It is no more evident than in the character of leaders such as the "president" who speaks lies while using a tragedy to advance his agenda. Proverbs 6 lists things the Lord hates. Verse 17, "A proud look, a lying tongue," and verse 19, "A false witness that speaks lies, and he that sows discord among brethren." To borrow from the president, we have endured dishonesty like this too many times. Character counts. Evil is as evil does.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Pray for Charleston
Pray for Charleston:
Submitted by THE RESPONSE Prayer Team<
The Trumpet is Sounding to Cover Charleston and the State in Prayer
By now you have heard about the great tragedy that occurred late yesterday in Charleston SC. If not here is a summary of what we know. Late Wednesday night a young man entered the Charleston AME Church and took a seat in a prayer meeting. Some time later he took out a gun and opened fire killing 9 people including the Pastor of the church.
While there is no direct correlation between The Response call to prayer that took place at the North Charleston Coliseum on Saturday and the senseless shooting last night, it would be foolish to disregard any spiritual connection all together. There are many rumors and accusations about the motive of this shooting all of which are yet fully unclear and unknown. What we do know is that what took place was an act of pure evil against the family of God and God Himself. While we wanted to be writing a summary of all that took place at The Response (which I will do next week) I felt it was more important to issue a renewed and focused call to prayer for Charleston and our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Right now there are more questions then answers. We are the praying church and do not need answers to pray. We need to pray and touch heaven. We will be sending out focused prayer targets as we receive clear information from those on the ground in Charleston. Our continued goal and desire is to serve, come along side and to lift up the arms of the body of Christ in Charleston and the state of South Carolina . We are asking you to agree in prayer with what the Lord is speaking and directing the Church in Charleston and the state as they communicate prayer points to us and we share them with you.
Currently we have 5 targets for our intercession:
1. First and foremost pray for the families of those who lost their life in this attack. Pray for the freedom and ability to mourn and to grieve.
2. Pray for the Church to awaken and be the point of the spear in Charleston. Not the outside church, but the church on the ground in Charleston and across the state. They are the best equipped to respond and to take a stand and lead in this time of mourning and crisis. Pray for the Church of Charleston and the pastors to come together crossing all racial and denominational lines and to stand together as the Family of God. While many can easily say this is about hate and race we also know that it is an attack on the Church and on God Himself. Therefore the church must respond as one in peace with a clear voice and message.
3. Right now there are those around the nation that are heading to Charleston and their agenda is anything but Christ, peace and a unified church. We have seen from recent experiences that there are factions who will attempt to come and stir the pot and create chaos and riots, causing division and disunity. The True Church is the answer to this chaos. Pray for a spiritual and physical wall of the family of God to come around the city that will silence the voice of the accuser who is coming to kill, steal and destroy.
4. Pray for families and youth to come together. Pray for the wisdom of the elder generation to speak peace and order to the young generation and for the youth to take their zeal and passion and turn it into a cry to God for mercy and Godly righteous justice.
5. Finally pray for the media, print, electronic, television and social media to be a voice of peace and truth. They have the ability to stir or to calm and restore.
Let the response of the Church in South Carolina be a witness and a testimony to the love, compassion and mercy of our God! Let the Church of South Carolina set a new course for our nation in how to respond in times of tragedy and crisis.
We will be hosting a National Conference call once we have more information to inform and to pray. Let us come under and along side our brothers and sisters in South Carolina to see the Glory of our God gain victory in tragedy.
The Response Leadership
> > > "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."
Call2Fall: A Solemn Assemblly
Call2Fall: A Solemn Assembly
Published by the National Day of Repentance
Source: The Family Research Council
A note from Pastor Jeff Daly, President, National Day of Repentance
Reverend Pierre Bynum of the Family Research Council in Washington D.C. wrote powerful prayer points today that he's allowed me to forward to you. There are no hyperlinks but excellent cites for further research and implementation by you and me at the local level NOW. I call it "Time for Sacred Assemblies in Your Community"
Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly: Gather the people . . . assemble the elders . . . the children . . . the bridegroom . . .the bride . . . the priests.. . . the ministers . . . Let them weep . . . let them say . . . "Spare thy people, O Lord, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them". . .Then will the Lord be jealous for his land, and pity his people. . . and I will no more make you a reproach among the heathen... Joel 2:15-19
> > > Please read all of this excellent, inspiring article by going here.
Charleston: Something to Think About
So What Really Happened in Charleston SC?
By this time we have all heard about the tragic shooting of 9 believers in Charleston SC. The recent headline I saw says that a person responsible for the fatalities is already in police custody. The spin doctors and the talking heads are already saying this is a hate crime. No doubt the mainstream press will report this as such. But is this merely a hate crime of white against black or is this something more?
For those of us who pray for the persecuted church we read these reports on a daily basis. ISIS, Boko Haram, El Shabab, and other Islamic extremist groups target Christians in foreign countries because of their faith in Christ. It is not unusual to read tragedies of believers in foreign countries being martyred in their churches for their faith in Jesus.
For the last few years watchman on the wall have been warning of persecution coming to American believers. Yet we have continued in our own little bubble thinking we would be immune to such. Even those of us who believed the watchman were not prepared for the Charleston SC tragedy.
Dear saints we must wake up to this tragedy in South Carolina. This is not merely a white on black hate crime. But this is a deliberate targeting of Satan to kill believers. This is the war of the dragon against the Bride of Christ.
Persecution has now come to America. Believers are being martyred. And this is only the beginning. Before everything is said and done more believers at the United States will be slain for their faith in Christ. This may be done through demonic grazed gunman. This may be done through Islamic extremists. This may be done through a hostile government. Or any other venue Satan may use. But the fact remains believers will be martyred in America.
Believers in the Middle East are asked 2 questions before they follow Christ The first question is will you suffer for the Lord Jesus Christ. The second question is will you die for the Lord Jesus Christ. My brothers and sisters it is time we ask ourselves the same questions.
Your brother in Christ,
Blaine Scogin is the founder of The Persecution Watch. He sponsors several conference calls each week, so that brothers and sisters might cry out to God for specific needs of those who are suffering persecution.
To learn more about the ministry of The Persecution Watch, please contact Blaine at:
Franklin Graham Speaks Up for Pastor Saeed
Franklin Graham Just Boldly Stood Up To Obama- And It Could Save Someone's Life
Sentenced to an eight-year prison sentence nearly three years ago and behind bars in Iran ever since, calls urging Barack Obama to secure American pastor Saeed Abedini's release continue. Western Journalism covered remarks Abedini's wife, Naghmeh, made at CPAC earlier this year.
She said her husband has been abused and her family torn apart while the current administration remains inactive.
"What message are we sending to the world?" she asked. "When we don't speak, we are doing the same thing the persecutors are doing to my husband."
The latest to weigh in on Abedini's behalf was prominent evangelist Franklin Graham. In a recent open letter to Obama, he explained the imprisoned pastor "suffered another severe beating" by fellow inmates last week.
The letter went on to lament the fact that the Obama White House worked to free an Egyptian-American accused of conspiring with the Muslim Brotherhood while not intervening to assist Abedini.
"Mr. President," Graham concluded, "I hope you'll do the same to help Saeed Abedini - who is guilty of nothing, was sentenced to 8-years in prison, and whose only affiliation is with the Lord Jesus Christ." (Western Journalism) Read more.
Save The Whales, Kill The Babies?
Save The Whales, Kill The Babies?
Pope Francis' encyclical on climate change has been released. In the days ahead, I'll talk with Catholic scholars to more fully understand all its implications. As you know, the pope has weighed in on the idea that the climate is changing because of man-made activity.
The usual anti-Catholic left was celebrating its new ally earlier this week when selected portions of the draft were leaked. But some left-wing activists may be doing a double-take right now because Pope Francis did not limit his remarks to climate change.
For example, the pope wrote that you cannot be in favor of saving the planet and worried about what is happening to various animal species while at the same time embracing the idea that unborn babies can be disposed of for the sake of convenience. Consider these excerpts:
"A sense of deep communion with the rest of nature cannot be real if our hearts lack tenderness, compassion and concern for our fellow human beings. . . . At times we see an obsession with denying any pre-eminence to the human person; more zeal is shown in protecting other species than in defending the dignity which all human beings share. . . .
"How can we genuinely teach the importance of concern for other vulnerable beings, however troublesome or inconvenient they may be, if we fail to protect a human embryo, even when its presence is uncomfortable and creates difficulties?"
Christian Prayers for Ramadan
Afghanistan: if you seek, you will find!
Discipleship is a difficult and dangerous challenge in a nation where identifying as a follower of Jesus can make you a target for extremist violence. However, one believer in Afghanistan shares this story about how determined seekers are finding what they're looking for:
"I met one of our young believers through a social media site. I was very cautious about meeting with him face to face, but I accidentally sent him my mobile phone number. He kept calling me, day and night, asking to meet me and for copies of the New Testament. So I prayed about it and agreed to meet him. I said goodbye to my family and kissed the children. I drove to his part of the city along with another young believer, and parked the car far from the place he was waiting. I told my friend, 'If you don't hear from me in ten minutes, drive the car and all of you get out of the city immediately.'
"When I met this brother, he gave me a big hug and was very happy to see me . . . but honestly when he was trying to come closer I was still thinking of how to get away! But he reassured me, so I gave him the two New Testaments and he was thrilled. He had found what he'd been wanting for a long time. The next day, we met again and he shared his story with me . . .
"He was seeking for Jesus and couldn't find anyone in the city where he lives. So he decided to save some money and buy a second-hand computer. He borrowed an Internet connection, taught himself to use email and social media and started searching for other believers in our nation. He found me despite all those challenges! He's so excited to learn about Jesus and so is his family, and he is sharing his understanding with others. God does His work in ways we don't understand sometimes, but we give Him glory!"
How can we pray?
- Pray for those in Afghanistan who are seeking to understand more about Jesus, that doors will open for them to find the teachings of Christ.
- Pray for peace in this nation and the freedom to worship and pursue God.
- Pray for the safety and encouragement of those who believe in secret.
Verse to Decree:
"But you, when you pray, enter into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret shall reward you openly." (Matthew 6:6(
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
SAVIOR, LIKE A SHEPHERD LEAD US
"He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out." (John 10:3)
Savior, like a shepherd lead us, much we need Thy tender care;
In Thy pleasant pastures feed us, for our use Thy folds prepare.
Blessèd Jesus, blessèd Jesus! Thou hast bought us, Thine we are.
Blessèd Jesus, blessèd Jesus! Thou hast bought us, Thine we are.
We are Thine, Thou dost befriend us, be the guardian of our way;
Keep Thy flock, from sin defend us, seek us when we go astray.
Blessèd Jesus, blessèd Jesus! Hear, O hear us when we pray.
Blessèd Jesus, blessèd Jesus! Hear, O hear us when we pray.
Thou hast promised to receive us, poor and sinful though we be;
Thou hast mercy to relieve us, grace to cleanse and power to free.
Blessèd Jesus, blessèd Jesus! We will early turn to Thee.
Blessèd Jesus, blessèd Jesus! We will early turn to Thee.
Early let us seek Thy favor, early let us do Thy will;
Blessèd Lord and only Savior, with Thy love our bosoms fill.
Blessèd Jesus, blessèd Jesus! Thou hast loved us, love us still.
Blessèd Jesus, blessèd Jesus! Thou hast loved us, love us still.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Attributed to Dorothy A. Thrupp, 1836. Music: William B. Bradbury, 1859
Signs and Wonders
Cleveland volcano is restless again
Alaska's remote Cleveland volcano is growing restless again, according to the Alaska Volcano Observatory.
Satellite images have detected elevated surface temperatures on Cleveland's summit for the past week, and a light dusting of ash was visible in an image taken Sunday, the agency wrote on its website.
"The volcano has entered a renewed period of unrest," AVO reported, prompting the agency to raise its alert level to advisory and its aviation code to yellow.
The increased temperatures are "consistent with renewed growth of the small lava dome within the summit crater," and "the possibility of sudden explosions has increased," AVO said.
Roughly 940 miles southwest of Anchorage, the volcano forms the west part of uninhabited Chuginadak Island in the east-central Aleutian chain.
Cleveland is one of Alaska's most active volcanoes and has been in a near-constant state of eruption since 2006, AVO geologist Tina Neal told Alaska Dispatch News in September. (Alaska Dispatch News) Read more.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Supreme Court Hands Victory to Houses of Worship
Religious freedom advocates are hailing a Supreme Court decision issued Thursday as a victory for freedom of speech and houses of worship across the country.
The court unanimously ruled in favor of an Arizona church in a dispute over a town's sign law.
The law in Gilbert, Arizona, set tougher rules for signs that direct people to Sunday church services than for signs for political candidates and real estate agents.
The Good News Community Church complained that the law forced the church to put up smaller signs -- less than half the size -- than others.
The church's signs also could be in place for only 14 hours at a time, while others could remain up for months.
Lower federal courts upheld the town's sign ordinance, saying that the distinction it drew between different kinds of temporary signs was not based on what a sign said.
Alliance Defending Freedom represented the Good News Community Church and Pastor Clyde Reed in its suit. The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty filed a friend-of-the-court brief.
"Gilbert had taken a page from George Orwell's Animal Farm, saying that all citizens were equal, but that politicians were 'more equal' than everyone else," Eric Rassbach, deputy general counsel at the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty said. "The Supreme Court rightly decided that churches and other religious speakers should not be treated like second-class citizens."
Source: Breaking Christian News
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Judith Bunto - "All To Jesus I Surrender"
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt & Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Restoration" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!