Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
"The Word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than a two-edged sword." (Hebrews 4:12)
The Daily Brief
1. Obama offers US security assistance to Putin as Olympic terror fears mount - Fox News
President Obama offered Russian President Vladimir Putin the full security assistance of the U.S. Tuesday as concerns continue to mount over terror threats at next month's Olympic Games.
The White House said Obama, in a phone call, offered to help with security during next month's games. Putin, who has some 40,000 cops deployed inside the 1,500-mile so-called "Ring of Steel," has so far brushed aside offers from other countries to assist in securing the Black Sea resort town of Sochi, where the games will take place.
There was no immediate indication of Putin's response to Obama's offer. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray that You will guide all the U.S. operatives and Russian security agents to find all potential terrorists, arrest them, and put them behind bars, so that they cannot fulfill their evil plans to kill people during the winter Olympics. Block these evil men and women, and rout out the devil's advocates, bind them under the Blood of Jesus, and hold them bound so there will be no bloodshed. We pray for their souls, dear Lord. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "The wicked are estranged from birth: they go astray as soon as they are born. Their poison is like the poison of the serpent. Let them melt away as waters which run continually." (Psalm 58:3-7)
2. Central African Republic MPs elect new leader as EU prepares to send troops - The Guardian.com
European foreign ministers have taken a step towards deploying an EU military force to assist French and African troops trying to quell anarchy and bloodshed in Central African Republic.
- Father, we pray that this new leader will know the Lord and lead with a godly heart. Undertake for the welfare of the French and African troops to wipe out anarchy and bloodshed in these countries. Father, bind all evil forces under the blood of Jesus and guide these troops to accomplish this task. In Jesus' Name.
- "According to their deeds, accordingly God will repay, fury to His adversaries, recompense to His enemies; to the islands He will repay recompense. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:18-19)
3. Israel, Kazakhstan sign defense pact - UPI
Israel and Kazakhstan have signed a security cooperation agreement to improve bilateral defense trade, officials said. Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon and Kazakh defense minister Adilbek Dzhaksbekov inked the agreement Monday in Tel Aviv, Israel Radio reported. Ya'alon said Israel appreciates Kazakhstan's desire to cooperate with the Jewish state.
- Father, we give You praise for this improved relationship between Israel and Kazakhstan and their signed agreement to cooperate with each other. Bless them as they look to God for guidance and bring them to a greater understanding of the Lord God of Israel and be led by Him in their dealings with one another. In Jesus' Name.
- "With the merciful God will show Himself merciful, and with the upright man God will show Himself upright. With the pure God will show Himself pure; and with the froward God will show Himself unsavory." (II Samuel 22:26-27)
4. Israel Bash-Fest Comes to Washington - Front Page Magazine
A press release published by Reuters has announced that America's first National Summit to Reassess the U.S.-Israel "Special Relationship" will be held on March 7 at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. In reality, the conference will be little more than an Israeli bash-fest. It is being organized by a host of virulently anti-Israel entities, including the Council for the National Interest Foundation (CNIF), If Americans Knew (IAK), the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy (IRmep), and the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs (WRMEA).
- Father God, we pray that Your mighty hand will come down from heaven upon all these anti-Israel entities and crush to pieces their evil intentions against Israel. Rob them of gain, defeat them that they not succeed, and close the mouths that would blaspheme the God of Israel. In Jesus' Name.
- "And God will bless them that bless Israel, and curse him that curses them." (Genesis 12:3)
5. New radioactive water leak discovered at Fukushima plant - Telegraph UK
...Highly radioactive water was detected inside the No. 3 reactor building at the Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear plant, Tepco said. It is believed that the water may have leaked from within the reactor. The water was found to have high levels of radioactive cesium and cobalt, but Tepco claimed none of the water has leaked out of the building itself.
- Lord God, protect the inhabitants who live in the area of this nuclear plant and cleanse the water by the Blood of Jesus that is needed for their domestic use. Move upon the people by the Holy Spirit to call out to the Lord God of heaven for help and to save their souls from utter destruction. May there be a great number of people who find Jesus Christ as their own personal Savior. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:9-10)
6. In first, Iranian warships en route to Atlantic - Times of Israel
Iran's navy has dispatched warships on a mission to the Atlantic Ocean for the first time in history, an Iranian news agency said. The flotilla, consisting of a Khark logistic and helicopter-carrier warship and Sabalan destroyer, could journey as much as 25,000 nautical kilometers in the next three months, Fars News reported Tuesday. No specific military mission was identified, and no ports of call were mentioned. (Read more)
- This is a serious development, indeed, but only our God knows the intentions of Iran in this hour. As the "guns of war" begin to stir, ask our Lord to forgive us for the sin in our land, outlined by Mother Teresa, below. (Roe v. Wade)
- "Remember Your servants, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; do not look at the stubbornness of this people or at their wickedness or their sin." (Dt. 9:27)
7. ALERT! Records Prove MB Delegates Skipped Airport - IPT
Newly released records confirm a 2012 Investigative Project on Terrorism (IPT) report that the State Department cleared the way for a visiting delegation of Muslim Brotherhood officials to enter the country without undergoing routine inspection by U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents. (IMPORTANT! Read more here.)
- Call forth a congressional investigation on this key matter, and one that will have "teeth" in it with action to follow. These people need to be held accountable for this travesty; praise God that we do have mechanisms still in place in our government to do so. Amen.
- "But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light." (Eph. 5:13)
8. Legislation needed to protect religious freedom of veterans - OneNewsNow
An advocacy group has sent a letter to Republican Congressman Jeff Miller of Florida requesting hearings for religious liberty violations in the Department of Veterans Affairs health care system. Miller, who is the chairman of the House Veterans Affairs Committee, is being asked to demand an explanation from the VA for alleged anti-Christian activities over the Christmas holiday.
John Wells, executive director of Military-Veterans Advocacy, maintains that volunteers were turned away when they showed up at VA hospitals across the nation to deliver Christmas cards and gifts. There also were not allowed to sing Christmas carols. "It's just unbelievable that political correctness has gotten to the point that somebody can't send a veteran a Christmas card," he tells OneNewsNow. "That's a restriction on the religious rights of the veteran, it's a restriction on the religious rights of the person giving the gifts and it's a restriction on both of their rights for free expression." (Read more here.)
- As these veterans begin to lobby for their rights, offer prayers of support for their efforts. This may look like an example of "David and Goliath", but we know who won that battle. Pray!
- "Then David said to the Philistine, "You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have taunted." (I Sam. 17:45)
9. Super typhoon victims flee again as rains flood southern Philippines - Reuters
Emergency workers evacuated thousands of people across the southern Philippines on Tuesday, including many already made homeless by a typhoon in November, after three days of rain flooded towns and farmland.
- Once again, lift up the people of the Philippines in prayer. May each one be kept safe in this latest disaster, and may many cry out to the One True God for help, thereby finding salvation through the Blood of the Lamb. Amen.
- "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" (Genesis 18:25b)
1. IAF airstrike kills Gaza terror chief - Times of Israel
The Israeli Air Force launched an airstrike in the northern Gaza Strip town of Beit Hanoun early Wednesday morning, killing at least one man, said by Israel to be a terrorist.
2. Obama: Less than 50% chance of Israeli-Palestinian peace - Times of Israel
Chances are that the current round of talks between Israelis and Palestinians will end without a final agreement, said President Barack Obama.
3. Livni, Molcho head for Washington to confer with Kerry on peace talks - Jerusalem Post
Israeli's top two negotiators with the Palestinians were scheduled to leave Sunday night for Washington and continued talks with US Secretary of State John Kerry about the document he is expected to present in the near future to form the basis of continued negotiations.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)
Syria's Christians - Who Will Help Them?- Fox News
It all started during the early days of the Arab Spring -- another "peaceful" protest defying another despotic regime. Today, nearly three years later, that protest has exploded into Syria's ferocious civil war.
Radicalized Sunni warriors have swept across the borders, seized control of moderate forces, and are waging jihad against Iran-backed President Bashar Assad and his Shia fighters.
News reports have grown increasingly horrific: Massacres. Chemical weapons. "Barrel bombs" designed to mutilate. "Infidels" beheaded on YouTube videos. The U.N. has given up trying to accurately update the death toll, which has soared beyond 100,000.
In the midst of widespread butchery, Syria's ancient Christian community is being devastated.
And in the midst of widespread butchery, Syria's ancient Christian community is being devastated.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Pro US Constitution? Leave NY
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo says that if you are someone who believes in the very basic tenet of the US Constitution, you are not welcome in New York. That is, specifically, if you support the Second Amendment, the Declaration of Independence, and believe in the Bible, you need to go elsewhere. In other words, Conservatives not welcome. Cuomo said on a radio interview January 17 that those who share these beliefs are extremists and "they have no place in the state of New York, because that's not who New Yorkers are." From his remarks, we can make the assumption that all New Yorkers are anti-biblical, anti-constitutional mainstream radicals, I guess.
Cuomo's direct quote was: "Their problem is not me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves. Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that's who they are and they're the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that's not who New Yorkers are." By Cuomo's own standard definition, he should leave America. He is anti-American and by virtue of his distaste for the Constitution of our nation, he is subversive and unfit to serve in public office. The people of New York should remove him immediately.
The Declaration of Independence, the framework for the Constitution states: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." Life is protected. Abortion is murder according to the Bible, our founding documents, and early laws.
The Second Amendment reads: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Shrill Gun banners like Cuomo can't seem to understand that crime is the highest where guns are restricted the most--Detroit, Washington, DC., Chicago, and, yes, New York City. 2 Timothy 3:13 says, "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived." Cuomo and his ilk are evil men and deceivers. They twist the intent of foundational law and vilify the righteous to elevate themselves. In another time, when men took these things seriously, Cuomo would be placed in exile never again to taste the freedoms of this great nation.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Roe v. Wade
Roe v. Wade:
JAN. 22 - 'I never have felt that any abortion should be committed...' - President Jimmy Carter
"I never have felt that any abortion should be committed - I think each abortion is the result of a series of errors."
- stated President Jimmy Carter to reporters at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Washington, DC, November 3, 2005, regarding his book, Our Enduring Values-America's Moral Crisis.
On JANUARY 22, 1973, the Supreme Court decisions of Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton allowed abortion in all nine months of pregnancy.
23 years later, Norma McCorvey, who was the "Jane Roe" in the Roe v. Wade suit, was interviewed by USA Today. She stated that once, while employed at a clinic when no one was in:
"I went into the procedure room and laid down on the table . . . trying to imagine what it would be like having an abortion . . . I broke down and cried."
On ABC's World News Tonight, Norma McCorvey said:
"I think abortion's wrong. I think what I did with Roe v. Wade was wrong."
Mother Teresa of Calcutta stated at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, D.C., February 3, 1994, with Bill and Hillary Clinton in attendance:
"The greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself, and if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another?"
Mother Teresa added:
"Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use violence to get what they want. That is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion.
Many people are also concerned about all the violence in this great country of the United States. . . But often these same people are not concerned with the millions who are being killed by the deliberate decision of their own mothers.
Jesus said, 'Anyone who receives a child in my name, receives me'. . .By aborting a child, a couple refuses to receive Jesus.
Please don't kill the child . . . Give me the child. I am willing . . . to give that child to a married couple who will love the child and be loved by the child."
(Source: The American Minute) Please read this entire article by going here.
> > > We want to thank all of you for interceding over today's March for Life. God HAS heard our prayers to shift this weather, and He HAS done it! The much - anticipated (and much feared) arctic winds never arrived here, and the temperature reached a balmy 20 degrees by the time the march began at noon. Praise the Lord!
"The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much!"
Obama Plays Race Card Again
Obama Plays Race Card Again
Barack Obama's approval ratings have been in the tank lately. Gallup's tracking poll has his rating at 40%. For most of the past week, he had been below that crucial threshold. And what does Obama blame for his falling numbers? Racism, of course. During a recent interview with the New Yorker, Obama says, "There's no doubt that there's some folks who just really dislike me because they don't like the idea of a black president."
Are there still people who oppose Obama just because he's black? Sure. In a country of more than 300 million people there are bound to be a few bad apples. But there is no question that there are many more people of goodwill who desire racial reconciliation.
Barack Obama has benefited from the decency of average Americans far more than he has been hurt by racism. Millions of Americans voted for Barack Obama in 2008 precisely because they wanted a successful black president to bring America together. Many of the people who did so were white.
Mr. Obama and his allies want you to believe that when you got a letter in the mail cancelling your health insurance policy, you were angry because the president is a black man, not because you were lied to and lost your current policy. When you see our allies upset with us and our enemies applauding, the media would have you believe your frustration is not caused by Obama's appeasement, but the color of his skin.
This is a canard. It is disgusting that Obama and his media allies would even toy with the theme. By the way, only 40% of Americans approve of Obamacare, the president's signature accomplishment. A similar percentage (39.6%) approve of his handling of the economy. The far more obvious conclusion is that Americans disagree with Obama not because of his race, but because of his liberal policies.
But that kind of rational thought process does not advance the left-wing narrative that conservatives are racists and extremists who should be marginalized and ignored. (Gary Bauer)
News from the CPC Foundation
News from the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation
1. Update On Counseling From Biblical Perspective
"Alliance Defending Freedom attorneys filed a friend-of-the-court brief Friday with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit in opposition to a New Jersey law that prohibits minors from obtaining counseling for unwanted same-sex attraction even with parental permission. The brief, filed on behalf of the International Healing Foundation, asks the appeals court to reverse a district judge who upheld the law based on the erroneous conclusion that counseling is not speech and therefore is not protected by the First Amendment." (Alliance Defending Freedom) Read more
2. Hostility Towards Christian Students In Public Schools An 'Epidemic', Says Attorney
"Over the last year, Advocates for Faith & Freedom has experienced a surge in phone calls from both parents and students who are victims of religious-motivated bullying. The group has noticed roughly two to three times the number of calls for assistance in the past 60 to 90 days than it typically receives within a year. Most of the calls originate in California, but requests are coming from all across the country." (OneNewsNow) Read more
3. CA: Liberty Counsel Working To Protect Biblical Counseling
"The Counsel, which is affiliated with Liberty University, filed suit on behalf of several parents and their children last October arguing that the law prohibiting therapy believed by some to cure people of homosexuality violates free speech and religious liberty." (Read more)
4. 'Legislation Needed To Protect Religious Freedom Of Veterans'
"John Wells, executive director of Military-Veterans Advocacy, maintains that volunteers were turned away when they showed up at VA hospitals across the nation to deliver Christmas cards and gifts. There also were not allowed to sing Christmas carols. "It's just unbelievable that political correctness has gotten to the point that somebody can't send a veteran a Christmas card," he tells OneNewsNow. "That's a restriction on the religious rights of the veteran, it's a restriction on the religious rights of the person giving the gifts and it's a restriction on both of their rights for free expression." (OneNewsNow) Read more
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Ohio Constitution Stops Obamacare in its Tracks!
I now turn your attention to the state of Ohio. According to the Ohio State Constitution no one can be forced or fined to sign up for healthcare. This includes, but is not limited to individuals, businesses, doctors, no one! Nor can they be fined, taxed, penalized, or forced to pay by wage withholding. Whether intentional or not, the state of Ohio has given every person, business, hospital, doctor in that state the legal basis for not having to engage, nor be involved with the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare.
. . . While I am thankful to know that Ohio has protected its citizens and businesses from federal intrusion and the destruction of their economy, one does have to wonder why this information has not been made known to the public, or why the Ohio Main stream media has not covered this extremely important and vital information. Could it be they have a larger "agenda"? Could it be they are afraid that when the people are informed of the truth that they will refuse to sign onto the Affordable Care Act and their plans of ultimate control will come crashing down on their heads? Either way, you now know in the State of Ohio you are protected and can not be forced, fined, taxed, or penalized for refusing to sign onto Obamacare whether you are an individual or a business.
What you choose to do with this information is now up to you. You now have the ability, armed with facts and your constitution, to annihilate this horrific attack upon your businesses, individuals, hospitals, and doctors. Now is the time to spread the information to your neighbors, businesses, doctors, attorneys, etc. . .arming them with truth and giving them the ability to stop Obamacare, as well as its destruction right in its tracks. While I am not an attorney nor do I profess to be one, I can read dates. For any legal advice on this matter I would suggest you contact an attorney.
God Bless America and all who fight for her with truth.
(Source: Freedom Outpost News) Read more.
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Coast Guard icebreakers come to rescue of frozen Great Lakes
Thick ice is crippling the shipping industry in the Great Lakes. The Coast Guard is working around the clock to cut through the ice, but this winter's weather is making the battle unusually tough.
Freighters loaded with vital cargo are trying to make their way through frozen waters to steel mills and factories before a crucial passageway is closed for the winter. Leading the way are the battering rams of the U.S. Coast Guard icebreakers.
. . . Sub-zero temperatures arrived early this year and one freighter got so trapped in the ice it took the Coast Guard icebreaker 17 hours to free it.
Davanzo told CBS News' Don Dahler that last week's bitter-cold weather was a "difficult and challenging" time for his team.
"Boats were getting stuck," he said. "It was a lot of work real close aboard to other ships to break them free." (CBS News) Read more.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." (Luke 11:25-28)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!