Alert! Israel's Security Forces Foil
Al-Qaeda's Planned Attacks on
American Embassy in Tel Aviv.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
Thursday, January 23, 2014
"The Word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than a two-edged sword." (Hebrews 4:12)
The Daily Brief
1. Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything' - CNN
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif insisted Wednesday that the Obama administration mischaracterizes concessions by his side in the six-month nuclear deal with Iran, telling CNN in an exclusive interview that "we did not agree to dismantle anything."
- Father, as Iran deceives and lies its way through this process, we ask that You reveal all hidden agendas to the American people in ways that will cause them to rise up and demand truth.
- "You will destroy those that speak lies: the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man." [Psalm 5:6]
2. Board declares NSA data sweep illegal, says program should be ended- Fox News
An independent board tasked with reviewing National Security Agency surveillance called Thursday for the government to end its mass data collection program and "purge" its files, declaring the program illegal in a major challenge to President Obama.
- Thank You, Father, for this small victory. We pray that this will be a wake up call for the government.
- "Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not go unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered." [Prov 11:21]
3. Pentagon relaxes rules on religious apparel, facial hair- Fox News
The Pentagon on Wednesday relaxed its rules governing the religious apparel and facial hair that troops can wear or maintain while in uniform, permitting in some cases tattoos, body piercings and other religious items.
- Father, political correctness for each select group of special interests is creating anger and frustration in the ranks of our military. And that, in turn, makes us weak. Restore us to honor and strength, Lord!
- "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God." [Psalm 20:7]
4. Obama Executive Order to 'Cut Red Tape' Has Added $10.2 Billion in Costs to Economy - Washington Free Beacon
An executive order issued by President Barack Obama that was designed to 'cut red tape' has added $10.2 billion in regulatory costs to the economy, according to a new report.
- Lord as usual, the actions of the President continually add disaster to our economy. We ask for Your help, and whatever it takes to change the direction of the nation.
- "All the men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God" [Psalm 64:9a]
5. Oregon: Christian bakery guilty of violating civil rights of lesbian couple -Fox News
The owners of a Christian bakery who refused to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple are facing hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines after they were found guilty of violating the couple's civil rights.
- Lord, let Your peace reign over this family, and over their lives. We pray for their business to prosper even though they have had to move into their home.
-"Hide not Your face from me in the day when I am in trouble" [Psalm 102:2a]
6. Dueling party chairs signal fight on women, abortion at March for Life -Washington Times
GOP attacks Dem claims of a 'war on women'
Thousands of pro-life activists donned scarves, gloves and knit hats Wednesday to brave the blowing snow and arctic temperatures on the Mall as the 41st March for Life was punctuated by an unusually blunt exchange between the Republican and Democratic Party leaders that signaled a shifting fight for female voters. (Read more)
- Father, we have presided over a holocaust of death in America. We pray not only for Your mercy, but for a change of heart in these hardened women who have fallen for the lies of the enemy.
We give You thanks, too, for your Hand of protection that rested upon so many saints who marched yesterday on the mall in these frigid conditions. We ask that their work not be in vain. In Jesus' Name, amen. - "My eyes fail for Your salvation, and for the word of Your righteousness." [Psalm 119:123]
7. President Obama to Deliver State of the Union Address Next Week - CHPP
McMorris Rodgers will deliver GOP State of the Union response - The Hill
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.), the highest-ranking Republican woman in the House, will deliver the GOP response to President Obama's State of the Union address next week, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) announced Thursday.
McMorris Rodgers currently serves as chairwoman of the House Republican conference, the fourth-ranking position in leadership. She will be the first woman under Obama to deliver the official Republican response to the State of the Union during Obama's time in the White House.
- Please begin to pray now for the safety and the security of all who will be seated in the House of Representatives during the State of the Union (SOTU) address next Tuesday night. As in past years, guests present will include our entire government: the President and members of his Cabinet; all members of the House and the Senate; the nine Justices of the U.S. Supreme Court; the Joint Chiefs of Staff; and many, many others.
Obama will appoint one member of his cabinet to "stand down" from being present that night; otherwise, this is a situation that is deserving of our prayers. Thank you.
- "For the Lord watches the righteous, and he pays attention to their prayers."
(I Peter 3:12)
8. Court strikes down net-neutrality rules - The Hill
A federal appeals court on Tuesday (Jan. 14) struck down the Obama administration's net-neutrality rules - regulations that require Internet providers to treat all traffic the same, dealing a potentially fatal blow to President Obama's push for "net neutrality."
Opponents of the rules, led by plaintiff Verizon, hailed the decision from the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals as a victory over government meddling in the marketplace.
The decision is blow to President Obama, who made net neutrality a campaign pledge in 2008, and erases one of the central accomplishments of former FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski. (Read more)
- Offer praise for this decision, rendered by the D.C. Court of Appeals. Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), one of the biggest opponents of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules in Congress, applauded the court for striking down "socialistic regulations." Praise the Lord!
- "Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord!"
9. Va. AG's office: Gay marriage ban unconstitutional - AP
Following a seismic political shift in Virginia's top elected offices, the new attorney general has concluded that the state's ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional and he will no longer defend it in federal lawsuits, his office said Thursday. (Read more here.)
- Step by step and state by state, it "seems" that the pro-gay alliance is winning the war to legalize "gay marriage." We are not shaken and our faith is undeterred, because we know that our God reigns and that He sees the end from the beginning of all things. Stand in faith, believing, asking God to forgive this new attorney general. He knows not what he does.
- " . . . they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." (Jer. 31:34)
10. March Madness: Media Bias Snubs Pro-Lifers - Family Research Council
The media didn't need a sub-zero wind chill to freeze out pro-lifers. Most networks have had a lot of practice perfecting their greatest magic trick: making hundreds of thousands of pro-lifers disappear! If you weren't at yesterday's March for Life and missed the photos from Twitter, you'd probably never know the event took place. As usual, the outlets vied to deliver the least March coverage possible -- with some refusing to acknowledge it at all.
- Here we go again. Please continue to lift up the media -- our government's "fourth estate" -- before the Throne of Grace. Offer thanks for those who DO stand for life and for biblical values in the press corps, and stand in the gap for those who do not. Pray for divine intervention for these lost souls; God IS able to break through to their hearts, as we all stand in faith, believing. Amen.
- About noon, Your Majesty, as I was on the road, a light from heaven brighter than the sun shone down on me and my companions. We all fell down, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is useless for you to fight against my will.' "'Who are you, lord?' I asked. "And the Lord replied, 'I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting. (Acts 26:13)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" (Genesis 18:25b)
1. Islamic Waqf Revises History: 'Temple Mount, Kotel are Muslim' - Arutz Sheva
The Islamic Waqf, which supervises the Temple Mount, Judaism's holiest site, has issued a pamphlet that makes new claims regarding the Mount -- arguing, among other things, that King Solomon was a Muslim and that there is no Jewish connection to either the Temple Mount or the Western Wall (Kotel).
2. After IAF terrorist assassination, Islamic Jihad says 'blood of martyrs not in vain' - Jerusalem Post
The Islamic Jihad's military wing said it would avenge the Israel Air Force strike Wednesday that killed a terrorist responsible for a series of rocket attacks on southern Israel.
3. Shin Bet thwarts al-Qaeda attack on Israel's US embassy - Ynet News
The Shin Bet says they have captured an al-Qadea terror cell which was planning numerous terror attacks on a number of central sites in Israel.
4. IAF airstrike kills Gaza terror chief - Times of Israel
The Israeli Air Force launched an airstrike in the northern Gaza Strip town of Beit Hanoun early Wednesday morning, killing at least one man, said by Israel to be a terrorist.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)
New Call Issued to Protect Syria's Christians as Peace Talks Begin - Christian Post
NEW YORK - The World Evangelical Alliance called for the protection of Syria's minority Christian population ahead of the major Geneva II conference on Wednesday, which is set to discuss solutions to the ongoing Syrian crisis.
"The reality is that this is just part of the process. They are not going to get everything accomplished in these two days, so we need to measure our expectations," said Dr. Geoff Tunnicliffe, secretary general of the WEA, in an interview with The Christian Post on Tuesday. "At minimum we are looking for a cessation in the armed conflict, that people will stop dying, that they can come to an agreement that they can stop the killings."
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
The Prophetic Clock moves forward
Ezekiel 38 describes a colossal end time battle where forces coming from modern day Turkey (Magog, Meshech, and Tubal) join with modern Iran (Persia), Sudan (Ethiopia), and Libya "in the latter years you shall come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel (Verse 8)." Under the watch of the last two US presidents, this prophecy is advancing at an accelerated rate toward fulfillment. One indicator is Iran. Iran has been playing cat and mouse with the United Nations and the United States on developing a nuclear program for over a decade. But it wasn't until this current Administration that Iran received impetus to move openly.
By disrupting the balance of power among the Arab nations in the Middle East and supporting the Muslim Brotherhood, the president has accelerated the prophecy clock more than any other president. Arab Spring advanced the ideals of the Muslim Brotherhood's mission to reestablish the Islamic Caliphate by bringing more prominence to Sharia Law and how the Islamic "constitution" would look in a so-called "democracy," selling the people on the false hope of equality and freedom under Sharia. This is the ultimate bait and switch so very well played by the communists in the 1950s and now employed by this Administration in advancing the most radical form of Islam.
At the same time, the president made it known unequivocally that Israel must give up more land to the Palestinian terrorists or he would allow Iran to advance its nuclear program. Being a man of his word on some things, especially those regarding Israel, Iran has been allowed to develop its nuclear program and your tax money is assisting by virtue of the sanctions reductions and expenditures of opening dialogue with Iran. This has been the first president since 1979 to have open discussions with the terrorist sponsoring nation. All this disrupts the balance of power in the Middle East and heats up the competition between the Sunni and Shiite factions represented by Saudi Arabia and Iran.
What most Middle East analysts do not understand is that Sunnis and Shiites hate Israel more than they hate each other. They celebrate their differences with violence, but they unite against Israel with violence. They coordinate their terror operations against Israel. In fact, Ezekiel 38:21 says that when the Lord unleashes his fury against them in that day, "every man's sword shall be against his brother." The unrest in the Middle East created by this White House, coupled with duplicitous foreign policy inspiring competition between Sunni and Shiite factions has accelerated the the prophetic time clock. This is a time in history where Christians should know their eschatology and understand Islam's as well.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
(Published on Wed., Jan. 22, 2014)
Today marks the 41st annual March for Life, which coincides with the tragic anniversary of the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision. That ruling has resulted in, by one count, more than 56 million abortions in America. That's 56 million innocent babies destroyed in the womb; 56 million lives never lived, their contributions to society lost forever.
As they do every year, tens of thousands of Americans braved the brutal Washington winter weather. Not even below zero wind chills could dampen the spirits of those who marched for the sanctity of life.
Among the speakers at this year's March for Life were House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA), Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-IL), my good friend Dr. James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family, and his son, Ryan Dobson. Jim and Shirley Dobson adopted Ryan, and they know firsthand how wonderful the choice of life really is.
This morning I went downtown to encourage the marchers and to meet with conservative members of the Republican National Committee, who are in Washington this week for the RNC's winter meeting. The GOP must find its voice on values issues in order to prevent the Democrats from distorting what it means to be conservative, pro-life and pro-family.
I am pleased to report that 15 members of the RNC are sponsoring a resolution urging Republican candidates to aggressively pushback against the Democrats' deceptive "war on women" theme, just as I suggested yesterday. The resolution highlights several pro-life positions that, according to Gallup's polling, have maintained 60% public support or more. For example:
- 87% of Americans support laws informing women about the possible risks associated with abortions.
- 80% of the public supports banning abortions performed in the 3rd trimester.
- 71% support parental consent laws.
- 69% support a 24-hour waiting period.
64% of Americans support banning abortions performed in the 2nd trimester.
You can read more about the resolution here. (Gary Bauer)
Iranian Nuclear Disaster
Iranian Nuclear Disaster
It is now clear that the Obama Administration is engaged in a bald-faced lie about what exactly is in its nuclear deal with Iran. The fact that the administration refuses to make all the details public, that it may include secret side deals, is evidence of the lying. What can we expect from a president who also lied about Obamacare, Benghazi and the IRS scandal?
Two weeks ago, Obama said his deal would cause Iran to "start eliminating its stockpile of higher levels of enriched uranium and dismantling some of the infrastructure that makes such enrichment possible."
But in a CNN interview, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said this:
"We [Iran] did not agree to dismantle anything. If you find a single, a single word, that even closely resembles dismantling or could be defined as dismantling in the entire text, then I would take back my comment. . . we are not dismantling any centrifuges, we're not dismantling any equipment."
Zarif also insisted that the White House's version of the deal "underplays the concessions [made by America] and overplays Iranian commitments."
Don't dismiss Zarif's comments. He is not the only one saying this. In recent reports we told you that Abbas Araqchi, Iran's lead nuclear negotiator, said, "No facility will be closed; enrichment will continue, and qualitative and nuclear research will be expanded. All research into a new generation of centrifuges will continue."
Iran's new "moderate" president, Hassan Rouhani, posted on his Twitter feed, "In #Geneva agreement world powers surrendered to Iranian nation's will."
This deal is a disaster made between two governments that cannot be trusted. Iran is operating from a disgusting, but understandable, worldview. Tehran wants control over the Middle East. It wants America to retreat. Iran wants to "wipe Israel off the map" and lay low the "great Satan" -- which is what it calls America.
The lies of our own government are worse. Obama is bargaining away our security and the security of our allies, putting the lives of Americans and Israelis in jeopardy. The Iranians are lying in their own self-interest. The lies of our government are contrary to our own national interests and amount to little more than appeasement. (Gary Bauer)
Terror Attacks Foiled in Israel
Israel's Security Forces Foil Al Qaeda Attack Plan on US Embassy in Tel Aviv
Jerusalem's Convention Center also Targeted
There were planned explosive attacks on a Jerusalem conference center, as well as the US Embassy in Tel Aviv.
According to a FOX News report, an Al Qaeda plan to attack the US embassy in Tel Aviv, Israel has been stopped thanks to forces in Israel.
It's not yet known to what extent the plan had progressed.
The alert came in from Israel's Shin Bet (internal security agency), which reportedly arrested several Palestinians who were accused of plotting attacks.
The arrested men were said to have been "recruited by an operative . . . who worked for Al Qaeda's Ayman al-Zawahiri." There were planned explosive attacks on a Jerusalem conference center, as well as the US Embassy in Tel Aviv.
(Click here for the report from Breaking Christian News)
(Click here for the original report from Fox News)
To see an excellent, indepth article on this report, please go here.
- Offer a great chorus of praise for this report and thank our God for enabling the Israeli security forces to move with this level of efficiency and accuracy. Surely by their efforts they have saved many lives. Praise God.
- "We have escaped like a bird from the fowler's snare; the snare has been broken, and we have escaped." (Psalm 124:7)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Kentucky Opens Session With 'Call To Prayer'
We are thrilled to report that multiple state legislatures associated with the American Prayer Caucus Network have started the year strong by opening session with a renewed commitment to prayer.
Through the coordinated efforts of State Director Mike Corder, the Kentucky Prayer Caucus members hosted a significant ceremony with government leaders and citizens gathering to pray. Government leaders throughout the history of our nation have believed religion and morality were necessary for good government. These legislators affirmed their commitment to preserving these essential components of America's foundation.
Rep. Jeff Hoover, Chairman of the Kentucky Legislative Prayer Caucus, shared his vision of Kentucky legislators praying together and defending Religious Liberty. In his position as Minority House leader, Rep. Hoover pledged to continue leading weekly bi-partisan prayer meetings in Room 316 before opening Assembly meetings. Legislators lined up to declare their support.
This is just one example of the many incredible efforts taking place in state legislatures across America. Thank you for your continued prayer and support.
Together, we will ensure that America continues to be a nation that declares, "In God We Trust"!
Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation
Go to www.CPCFoundation.com to learn more or get involved.
Signs and Wonders
Cross Remains Standing Amid Wildfire That Destroyed 1,700 Acres
Amid the flames caused by wildfires in Southern California near Azusa Pacific University stands a 10- to 12-foot cross on top of a mountain peak. Wildfires in Southern California near Azusa Pacific University have claimed at least 1,700 acres and destroyed at least six homes.
But amid the flames, one iconic structure is still standing.
A 10- to 12-foot cross on top of a mountain peak in the Azusa mountains is visible for miles. The cross was originally erected in 2007, and many local residents often hike up to the lookout spot where it stands overlooking the San Gabriel Valley.
This week, flames ripped through the area and the cross appeared to be lost, according to early local reports. But the wood structure, which has become a fixture on Azusa Peak, survived unscathed. "Everything in the mountains is burnt and gone, including the "A" for Azusa. After houses were burnt down, hundreds evacuated and the city covered in smoke, there was one thing left, not only standing, but untouched. God is good, God is powerful and God is worthy of all praise," one local person posted on Facebook.
The photo pictured, taken by freelance photographer Ryland Talamo, was taken about 1 p.m. PST Thursday, after the fire's flames, which had engulfed the area, had died down.
"It's almost shining through the smoke because the sun reflects off the white paint, thus increasing visibility even with all the smoke and ash in the air," Talamo said.
"For students at APU, it is common for groups of us to hike the Garcia Trail to the top of the mountain and sit at the foot of the cross. It reminds us that, though we are a part of a specific university, we are also a part of a larger community, not only limited to Azusa, but the rest of the world as well," he said. "It is a symbol and a reminder that God watches over His children in every circumstance, all the time." (Charisma; CBN News)
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
MARTIN SMITH (Lyric Video)