This report has been divided into two sections. #4b will be published on Monday morning, covering Syria and other news from the region.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Israel Report Volume I, Number 4a
June 23, 2013
"'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: When I gather the people of Israel from the nations where they have been scattered, I will be proved holy through them in the sight of the nations. Then they will live in their own land, which I gave to my servant Jacob. They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God.'"
- P.M. NETANYAHU: "WE WILL NEVER BE HELPLESS AGAIN"
- P.M. SAYS "ISRAELIS AND PALESTINIANS DESERVE A NATION-STATE OF THEIR OWN"
- P.M.: "PEACE WILL DEPEND ON PALESTINIAN ACCEPTANCE OF ISRAEL"
- IDF CONTINUES HIGH-TEMPO OF TRAINING FOR FUTURE CONTINGENCIES
- ISRAEL TO BE FIRST IN WORLD WITH F-35 FIGHTER JETS
- SENATE COMMITTEE TOLD: CHINA MAY HAVE STOLEN DATA ON F-35 FIGHTER JETS
- ISRAEL AND CHINA BUILDING STRONG ECONOMIC TIES
- KERRY POSSIBLY RETURNING TO MIDEAST WITH PROPOSAL IN HAND
- AMAZING FIND FROM ERA OF KING DAVID
1. P.M. NETANYAHU: "WE WILL NEVER BE HELPLESS AGAIN"
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu wrapped up a two-day visit to Poland today [June 11] during which time he met with Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk in Warsaw. Prime Minister Netanyahu discussed with Prime Minister Tusk Middle East security issues, as well as the stalled peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians, the conflict in Syria, Iran's nuclear program and the possible purchase of Israeli-made armaments by Poland.
After the bilateral talks, the Israeli Prime Minister went to the south of the country to the infamous Auschwitz Death Camp to dedicate a new exhibit in "Block 27" at Auschwitz. The new exhibit features a montage describing Jewish life before World War II, records of survivors' testimonies and volumes of books listing the 4.2 million names of Jewish victims so far identified by Yad Vashem in Jerusalem. This last project is ongoing. (Bridges for Peace) Read more.
[Note: this news was also reported on last week's Israel Report, but we wish to release a "double portion" of blessing over Poland for this work, and for P.M. Netanyahu for taking the time to visit this most important site.]
- Pray that this new exhibit will be viewed by millions of people who will truly understand the depth of the horror that was the Holocaust. May we continue to stand with the Jewish people as they say, "Never again!"
- "It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear." (Isaiah 65:24)
2. P.M. SAYS "ISRAELIS AND PALESTINIANS DESERVE A NATION-STATE OF THEIR OWN"
Prime Minister Netanyahu told the Washington Post this week about his support and acceptance of U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry's initiative to return to direct talks. "We should enter immediately into negotiations without preconditions. That's been my view for the last four years, and I hope it becomes the Palestinian view," said PM Netanyahu.
"If Secretary Kerry, whose efforts we support, were to pitch a tent halfway between here and Ramallah," continued Netanyahu, "I'm in the tent. And I'm committed to stay in the tent and negotiate for as long as it takes to work out a solution of peace and security between us and the Palestinians." Secretary Kerry is scheduled to travel to Amman and Jerusalem to hold meetings with Jordanian, Israeli, and Palestinian Authority officials as part of his efforts in advancing Middle East peace June 27-29.
"Both peoples, both nations, deserve a nation-state of their own," said Netanayhu. (Washington Post) Read more.
- As always, these remarks by the Prime Minister are true: the Palestinians should be in their own country. And, the most fundamental first step for having negotiations is for the Palestinians and all of the Arab nations to say that ISRAEL HAS A RIGHT TO EXIST and that they will stop their agenda to eliminate her. Without that there will never be peace of any kind.
Offer a prayer that the Palestinians WILL change their position on this most vital "first step" upon which everything else hangs. Pray for a miracle . . . pray.
- "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." (Isaiah 42:6)
3. P.M.: "PEACE WILL DEPEND ON PALESTINIAN ACCEPTANCE OF ISRAEL"
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu asserted on Thursday evening that the problem at the root of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and the issue that he believes hinders peace, is the Palestinians' inability to accept Israel's right to exist. Speaking at the closing panel of the President's Conference in Jerusalem, the prime minister repeated calls to the Palestinian Authority to return to the negotiating table without preconditions. "The only way to end the negotiations for peace is to begin them," Netanyahu said. "We're ready to negotiate peace without preconditions now, we're only 15 minutes away from Ramallah, there's no reason on earth why we couldn't negotiate."
"This conflict predates 1967 by almost half a century, it predates the settlements," he said, explaining what he believes is the underlining problem. "Why did this conflict rage from 1920 with the first Palestinian Arab attacks on the Jewish immigration office in Jaffa, what was that all about?"
Answering his own question, Netanyahu said those attacks resulted from "an opposition to a Jewish state in any boundaries" even before the formation of the state. Following the 1948 Declaration of Independence "there was an attempt to put out the life of the Jewish state in the War of Independence and in wars that followed." . . . Ultimately, it's the willingness of the Palestinians to accept the right of the Jewish people to live in their ancient homeland that will determine the success of the peace talks," Netanyahu said, concluding that Israel reaching peace with all of its neighbors is the tomorrow he wishes for. (Jerusalem Post) Read more.
- Lord God, we ask You to bind the hatred of the Palestinian Arabs toward the Jews by the powerful Blood of Jesus. We pray for the God of Israel to fight these battles for the Jewish people and that all the promises that God spoke to Moses regarding land promised to the twelve tribes of Israel will be acknowledged by the world. God promised all the Land of Israel to the Jewish people. Fight for them, O God. In Jesus' Name.
- "Moses My servant is dead: now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, you, and all this people, unto the land which I (God) do give to them, even to the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses." (Joshua 1:2-3)
4. IDF CONTINUES HIGH-TEMPO OF TRAINING FOR FUTURE CONTINGENCIES
Large drills include ground, air and naval forces
IDF Chief of the General Staff lt. General Benny Gantz on Wednesday addressed the latest class of IDF officers to graduated from the officers' training school in Mitzpe Ramon. "Our preparedness as an army begins in your units, in the strengths of the soldiers at the vanguard," Gantz declared. "Against the challenges the IDF faces these days. . . maintaining our preparedness and competence as a military is our supreme mission. There is no more precise proof, no more moving proof, of the strength of Israeli society - at the forefront of which the IDF stands as the nation's army - of our ability to work together and together to overcome the challenges facing us and triumph." (ICEJ News) Read more.
- Father, give strength, wisdom, and might to the Israeli army as they face dangerous challenges everyday. May they be prepared in every circumstance that confronts them. In Jesus Name.
- " . . . who rules by his might forever, whose eyes keep watch on the nations- let not the rebellious exalt themselves." (Psalm 66:7)
5. ISRAEL TO BE FIRST IN WORLD WITH F-35 FIGHTER JETS
Lockheed Martin Aircraft Industries has announced that Israel will be the first nation to receive its F-35 stealth fighter jets, the most expensive weapon in U.S. history.
The company's vice president, Steve O'Bryan, made the announcement Tuesday at the Paris Air Show.
The F-35 is a fifth-generation aircraft capable of evading radar and integrated air defense systems. (INN) Read more.
- Father, thank You for this aircraft, which is able to evade radar. Thank You that Israel is the first nation to receive the F-35 stealth fighter jet. May this aircraft be a blessing to both the U.S. and Israel, as we stay prepared against the onslaught of threats against us.
- "I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions."
6. SENATE COMMITTEE TOLD:
CHINA MAY HAVE STOLEN DATA ON F-35 FIGHTER JETS
But an article published Wednesday in Britain's The Globe and Mail newspaper has raised the specter of cyber espionage in connection with theft of the design data for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.
Chinese military hackers have targeted U.S. government and big business programs repeatedly over the past several years, a major security issue that has only recently come under serious scrutiny by the White House. And China is among those nations currently developing its own fifth generation fighter jets. Russia is another.
If in fact hackers managed to penetrate Lockheed Martin's tight security net and stole the sensitive design data for the new F-35 stealth fighter jet, rival firms will have a major advantage over the U.S. in the market, Pentagon defense acquisitions chief Frank Kendall told a Senate hearing on Wednesday.
"I'm not at all confident that our unclassified information is [as] well-protected," he told the lawmakers. "A lot of that is being stolen right now and it's a major problem for us." (INN) Read more.
- Father, help our lawmakers find a way to protect information of our government and big business programs. Raise up skilled men and women of God who have Your wisdom in these matters. If sensitive information has been stolen, we pray the information be lost or erased from the databases in enemy hands. In Jesus Name we pray, amen.
- "Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will stand in the presence of kings. He will not stand in the presence of unknown men." (Proverbs 22:29)
7. ISRAEL AND CHINA BUILDING STRONG ECONOMIC TIES
Cukierman and Co. Investment House chairman Edouard Cukierman told The Jerusalem Post Thursday that his business is planning to establish a $200 million fund for investing in Israeli companies that will operate in China. "We see the trend as more acquisitions from China than from Europe or America," Cukierman said. "It may take a decade, but that's the obvious trend. I've experienced difficulty in selling Israel to Europe because of the geopolitical situation. I have never heard the issue raised once in China." Business leaders in Israel welcomed the news amid hopes that it would boost the economy and create many new jobs. (ICEJ News)
- Father, bless Israel with a thriving economy and let there be no evil intent on the part of China's relationship and good business ethics. In Jesus' Name
- "Touching the Almighty, we cannot find Him out: He is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: He will not afflict." (Job 37:23)
8. KERRY POSSIBLY RETURNING TO MIDEAST WITH PROPOSAL IN HAND
If US Secretary of State John Kerry is, as rumored, returning to the Middle East next week [of June 23] for a fifth shot at getting the Israelis and Palestinians back to the bargaining table, he should come with his long promised proposals in hand according to the Palestinian Authority.
A member of the Palestinian negotiating team told Palestinian radio that "The timeframe has come to an end" and that when Kerry meets with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, presumably next week, Abbas will decide "whether [the proposals] meet a minimum of the Palestinians' demands."
When Kerry took office, he immediately singled out ending the Israeli-Palestinian stalemate as a personal goal. The Secretary of State said he would spend two months assessing the landscape and then submit his own proposals for jumpstarting the peace talks. Observers note somewhat pessimistically that the Palestinian rhetoric remains fixed on assessing whether Kerry has managed to get Israel to agree to its pre-conditions rather than focusing on returning to the table.
Regarding the key demand that Israel freeze all building in its communities located on land it acquired in the 1967 war, the Israeli Housing Minister Uri Ariel told Israel army radio on Tuesday [June 18] that, "In Jerusalem since the beginning of the year there have been no marketing at all, except for one (in west Jerusalem), the same to Judea and Samaria," the biblical name for the West Bank.
Ariel was responding to comments by another minister in the Netanyahu government who had opened a hornets' nest when he called for his government to "build, build, build" on post-1967 lands. Economic Minister Naftali Bennett also said that the idea of a Palestinian state "had reached a dead end." (The Media Line)
- Pray that the leadership and people of Israel would seek only the plans of the Lord and not become discouraged by the plans of the nations. Pray for unity and an undivided front among Israel's leaders.
- "The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect. The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of His heart to all generations." (Psalm 33:10-11)
9. AMAZING FIND FROM ERA OF KING DAVID MAY CONFIRM
OLD TESTAMENT TEXT - IF POLITICS DON'T INTERFERE
A carved pillar discovered near Bethlehem may be linked to the Biblical King of Kings, David himself, or perhaps validate the scope of wise Solomon's majestic kingdom. If they ever get around to digging it up, that is. Israeli tour guide Binyamin Tropper, who thought he was the first to discover the major historical artifact, was astonished to find out that authorities had known about the pillar for decades -- and had been keeping it a secret all that time. "When I realized the significance of the pillar, I told my boss who spoke with the Israeli Antiquities Authority (IAA)," Tropper, who works at the educational field school at Kibbutz Kfar Etzion, told FoxNews.com. "The IAA then told him, 'that's great, now shut up.'" (Fox News) Read more here.
- Father we can't understand why anyone would want to stop such an important find from public information. But we ask that if this pillar glorifies You, then we pray it will be revealed in its entirety to all.
We thank You that this discovery will serve to confirm the set boundaries of the land of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob - the land of the present day nation of Israel. Amen. ". . . for the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end." (Daniel 12:9b)
- "'Thus says the Lord God, "When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and will manifest My holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they will live in their land which I gave to My servant Jacob. They will live in it securely; and they will build houses, plant vineyards and live securely when I execute judgments upon all who scorn them round about them. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God." (Ezekiel 28:25,26)
Palestinians in the News
Palestinians in the News
- ISRAEL AND THE PALESTINIANS
- PALESTINIAN P.M.: JERUSALEM IS "TOP PRIORITY"
- P.A. PRIME MINISTER RESIGNS; NOT EVEN A MONTH ON THE JOB
- GAZA ROCKET LANDS IN PALESTINIAN TERRITORY
- PALESTINIAN FARMERS PARTICIPATE IN CONFERENCE IN ISRAEL
- ELECTRIC COMPANY SUGGESTS: CUT OFF POWER TO PA
1. ISRAEL AND THE PALESTINIANS
The Israeli government is coming under ever-increasing pressure from the USA (John Kerry) and the EU (Catherine Ashton) to engage with the Palestinians. Meanwhile the new Prime Minister of the Palestinian Authority, Rami Hamdallah, has become the former Prime Minister, resigning after only two weeks in office. There has been some public discord within Israel's government as Naftali Bennett has spoken of the idea of a two-state solution reaching a dead end. (Intercessors for Israel)
Please agree with Intercessors for Israel on these prayer points:
- Give Binyamin Netanyahu and the members of his cabinet Your divine wisdom for how to act and what to say regarding the Palestinians.
- Give strength to Netanyahu and use him as an instrument in Your hand.
- Protect Israel from the attempts at manipulation by the nations of the world.
- Thank You for Naftali Bennett's stand on the two-state solution.
- Cut off Israel from all unhealthy dependence on the other nations and from her desire to be like all the other nations. (see 1 Samuel 8)
- May Israel's leaders turn to You and to Your word. May they come to know Your Son, Yeshua.
- Thank You for regular Bible studies in the Knesset and in the Prime Minister's residence. Speak to the leaders of Israel in these gatherings and most of all meet with them in private when they are alone!
- "My dwelling place also will be with them; and I will be their God, and they will be My people. And the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever." (Ezekiel 37:27,28)
2. PALESTINIAN P.M.: JERUSALEM IS "TOP PRIORITY"
"Jerusalem and its holy sites are of the highest priority to the Palestinian Authority's new government," Palestinian Prime Minister [PM] Rami Hamdallah said Sunday [June 16] during a visit to the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Al-Makassed Hospital in Jerusalem.
Hamdallah spoke to the Palestinian news agency Ma'an and said that the Palestinian Authority [PA] was ready to put into action a number of projects in Jerusalem with the intention of supporting Palestinians, but failed to provide further details.
Hamdallah was escorted by the PA's Jerusalem Governorate [one of 16 PA administrative divisions] governor, Adnan al-Husayni, the Mufti of Jerusalem, Sheikh Muhammad Hussein, the Palestinian Minister of Health, Dr. Jawad Awad and a number of additional PA officials. . .
Hamdallah was appointed to his position by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas at the beginning of June, several weeks after the previous prime minister, Salam Fayyad, resigned his post amid a growing political rift between himself and Abbas.
Hamdullah, who is considered a technocrat rather than an ideologue, was the front-runner for the position and his appointment was no surprise.
As a representative of Fatah, his appointment was aimed at signaling to Hamas that Abbas has not given up on the possibility to achieve reconciliation between the rival Palestinian factions, despite the stalemate between the two organizations in recent months. (Ynet News; reported by Bridges for Peace)
- The Lord has made Himself very clear with regard to the place Jerusalem holds in His heart. Pray that those Scriptures will encourage and comfort His people when they are confronted with the world's plans for the City of Zion.
- "Thus says the Lord: 'I will return to Zion, and dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, the Mountain of the Lord of hosts, the Holy Mountain.' (Zechariah 8:3 )
3. P.A. PRIME MINISTER RESIGNS; NOT EVEN A MONTH ON THE JOB
Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah tendered his resignation to President Mahmoud Abbas Thursday after serving in the position for less than a month. Abbas has not yet announced if he will accept the resignation. Hamdallah was appointed to be Prime Minister of the PA after serving for several years as president of An- Najah University in Nablus, replacing Sallem Fayyad who had strong backing from Western governments but very little popularity among ordinary Palestinians. A Palestinian source close to Hamdallah told reporters that he "feels that his deputies have been encroaching on his powers" and the move might be part of an effort to force Abbas to delineate the sphere's of authority in the government. (ICEJ News)
- Given the report cited just above this one, it should not come as a surprise that Mr. Hamdallah lasted so little time in his new position. Anyone who touches Jerusalem -- the apple of God's eye -- outside of His will, shall feel the consequences. Pray for Mr. Hamdallah, that he will be freed from the lies of Islam to serve Yahweh, the Living God. In His Name, amen.
- "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it." (Zech. 12:3)
4. GAZA ROCKET LANDS IN PALESTINIAN TERRITORY
A rocket fired by Palestinian terrorists in Gaza early Wednesday [June 19] morning landed in Palestinian territory. A siren was heard in Ashkelon and the surrounding area at around 5:40 am.
On Monday the Color Red alert sounded across the Ashkelon Beach Regional Council after a rocket launching from Gaza was identified. However, no rocket landing sites were located.
Wednesday's rocket fire on Israel took place as world leaders and celebrities are gathered in Jerusalem for President Shimon Peres' 90th birthday celebrations.
Palestinians also fired rockets at Israel's southern region during US President Barack Obama's visit to the Jewish state some three months ago. (Ynet News; Reported by Bridges for Peace)
- Thank the Lord that the recent rocket attacks from Gaza have not resulted in the loss of Israeli lives. Ask God to continue to be a shield of protection around His people.
- "Happy are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord, the shield of your help and the sword of your majesty!" (Deuteronomy 33:29a)
5. PALESTINIAN FARMERS PARTICIPATE IN CONFERENCE IN ISRAEL
Roughly 50 farmers from the Gaza Strip attended an international agricultural conference and exhibition in Tel Aviv last week [June 11-12]. The Gaza Coordinating and Liaison Administration facilitated their participation, in an effort to support professional cooperation and to market the Palestinians' agricultural output.
"The initiative came from the field," Uri Madar, agricultural officer in the Gaza Coordinating and Liaison Administration, told the IDF Website. "On one hand, from the Palestinian farmers, and on the other hand, from the marketers."
This marked the third time that Palestinian farmers have taken part in an agricultural exhibition in Israel and the first time that they have presented their produce at a professional conference featuring participants from all over the world. It seems that their participation in such events is bearing fruit.
"Buyers from around the world are being exposed to Palestinian produce," the agricultural officer explained. "In the Coordinating and Liaison Administration, we facilitate a platform for agricultural connections. From Israel's perspective, this shows that the Gaza Strip is not in a state of distress and hunger, but rather that there is enough fresh food both for the local market and for marketing abroad."
Israel also has another interest in supporting a thriving and healthy Palestinian agriculture. Since the Gaza Strip's agricultural fields are near Israeli fields, diseases in the crops or livestock on one side of the border could endanger agriculture on the other side, as well.
"If agriculture is better in Gaza, this will also help agriculture on our land," the agricultural officer noted. (Source: Israel Defense Forces) Read more.
- Pray that opportunities for peaceful encounters such as this agricultural conference would increase. Thank God for the willingness of the Israelis to reach out a hand of encouragement to the Palestinian farmers.
- "Thus says the Lord of hosts: 'Execute true justice, show mercy and compassion everyone to his brother. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. Let none of you plan evil in his heart against his brother.' (Zechariah 7:9-10)
6. ELECTRIC COMPANY SUGGESTS: CUT OFF POWER TO PA
The Israel Electric Corporation (IEC) has put together a list of sanctions that it could impose on the Palestinian Authority (PA) if it does not pay its debt to the IEC, which currently stands at 820 million shekels. The PA acquires 95% of its electricity in Judea and Samaria and 75% of its electricity in Gaza from Israel. According to a document published on Channel 10 News on Thursday, the IEC is suggesting four possible measures against the PA in order to get it to pay the money it owes. These measures include initiated blackouts in PA-assigned areas, stay of exit orders against debtors, taking the money from the taxes collected by Israel on behalf of the PA, and the cancellation of the license of the company that provides electricity in eastern Jerusalem. (INN) Read more.
- Well . . . like any of us . . . when you don't pay your bills, you eventually lose your service -- and this is the case here. According to this report, the Israelis (once again) have been very patient with their Palestinian customers, waiting for this electric bill to be paid. There does come a time, however, when consequences must be face. Pray that the Palestinians will be able to come up with the funding to pay this bill, and thank the Lord for the wonderful patience shown to them by their Israeli neighbors. Shalom . . .
- "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." (Gal. 6:7)
Container Ship Carrying Weapons for Syrian Rebels
Splits in Half/Sinks
Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:28
'A large fleet named "Mol Comfort" carrying Arms for FSA from the U.S. has crashed in the Indian Ocean as it made its way from Singapore to Jeddah, on board were 4,500 containers loaded with arms for the Syrian rebels' 'MOL Comfort sank due to yet unclear reasons, sailing from Singapore to Jeddah and after that to North Europe, leaving behind hundreds of drifting containers and a huge aftershock hitting liner sector and all of the maritime industry.
Even the scale of the consequences is hard, impossible, to estimate, not to mention consequences themselves. This is the 1st case in liner sector, when modern ocean-going liner container vessel (built in Japan!) sank in the ocean after breaking in 2 parts, like a poorly built and managed bulk carrier or over aged coaster.
Nothing like this ever occurred, and no one believed it was possible, even theoretically. It just could not happen, but still, here it is.' (BeforeItsNews)
To read the entire article, including photos of this sinking cargo ship, go here.
What does it mean?
(Commentary from Hebrew Nation News editor)
The MOL ship sank due to "unclear" reasons . . . Hmmm . . . I would venture to guess that it was the hand of Abba that SOVEREIGNLY INTERVENED to CAUSE this ship to split in half and sink. Could this be HIS hand at work to thwart the schemes of evil men? That is what it appears to be!
In a related news story, Buck Sexton, journalist for The Blaze, called in to Glenn Beck's radio program on Friday from Cairo and said "No one is prepared for what's coming" in the region. "The level of violence and viciousness and evil that is going on in [the Syrian] conflict is well beyond what I think most people understand," he continued. "The viciousness is impossible to overstate."
. . . In fact, last week we ran a story about how Syria rebels 'Beheaded a Christian and Fed him to the Dogs. Is it that level of evil going on in Syria? Yes, BELIEVE IT. It's that bad.
. . . As the forces of evil principalities and wicked forces in high places congregate and operate in the Syria region, the fact that this ship literally SPLIT IN TWO and then sank, well . . . all I can say is that this looks like Abba's hand intervening to PREVENT the rebels (or, shall I say, the SUNNI JIHADISTS?) from getting the arms they are vying for.
The message concerning Damascus, "See, Damascus CEASES TO BE A CITY, and shall become a HEAP OF RUINS. The cities of Aroer are forsaken, they are forsaken, they are for flocks which shall lie down, with no one to frighten." (Isaiah 17:1)
(Submitted by Laura Densmore, editor, Hebrew Nation News) To read the entire article,
Special Prayer for U.S. Supreme Court
Special Prayer for U.S. Supreme Court
From the American Family Association (AFA)
This weekend America is poised at the edge of a moral cliff. On Monday the United States Supreme Court will decide two cases that ask it to redefine marriage to include homosexual couples. We do not know whether the Court will declare homosexual marriage to be a constitutionally guaranteed right or will leave the definition of marriage to be decided state by state. Neither of those options are a clear victory for the institution of marriage as God created it.
Hollingsworth v. Perry - Proposition 8
U.S. v Windsor - Defense of Marriage Act
The question is: Does a law that defines marriage to be only between a man and a woman deny homosexual couples the Fourteenth Amendment guarantee of "Equal Protection of the Law?"
We are at a crisis point similar to the weekend before the Roe v Wade decision was announced, which declared abortion a constitutional right. It is a horrible time to face, but a good time to pray.
AFA asks you to pray this weekend for our country and especially for the Supreme Court. A sample prayer is printed below. Please forward this call to prayer request to your praying friends and family.
Prayer for the Supreme Court and the Nation
Heavenly Father, we praise You for Your unchanging truth, holiness, righteousness, mercy and grace. You have given us a nation founded upon the principles of Your word. You have blessed us, but we have squandered Your grace and turned away from Your principles. So we come to You to plead for our nation.
Specifically, we pray for the pending Supreme Court decision on same sex marriage. We pray that next week the Court would not impose a false definition of marriage on our nation. Father, we confess that we in the Church have already sinned against You and have not been good stewards of the gift of marriage through our own issues with unfaithfulness, selfishness, pornography, homosexuality and divorce. Forgive us, Lord. Now our nation is following our imperfect example and seeks to redefine and corrupt the gift of marriage in order to satisfy its own lusts.
We acknowledge that through Jesus Christ we can repent and turn to You. So help the people of this nation to turn to You with repentant hearts, that we all may be covered in Your grace. Lord, have mercy on us. Lord, let Your purity and truth shine in this situation. Help us to proclaim to those enslaved by homosexuality, and any other sin, that liberty and identity is available in Jesus Christ. Help us to lovingly embrace the repentant.
Fill us with Your Spirit so that our thoughts, words and actions reflect Your love and not our judgment. Help us to trust in Your plan, and to act justly throughout it. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, Your Son and our Savior. Amen.
"God is faithful to His Word and shall accomplish that which He has spoken."
Tim Wildmon, President
American Family Association
"God presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the "gods" . . . Rise up, O God, judge the earth, for all the nations are your inheritance."
Focus on Syria
Focus on Syria
- GCC BEGINS TO MOVE AGAINST HEZBOLLAH
- REBELS: ASSAD, HEZBOLLAH USED CHEMICAL WEAPONS
- SENATORS MOVE TO BLOCK AID TO SYRIAN REBELS
- U.S. CONGRESSMAN AND P.M. NETANYAHU CONDEMN EU FAILURE TO BLACKLIST HEZBOLLAH
- ISRAEL, U.S. MULL RAIDS ON "18 CHEMICAL TARGETS" IN SYRIA
- ASSAD HOPES TO UNITE WAR TORN SYRIA AGAINST ISRAEL
- PRAYERS FOR SYRIA
1. GCC BEGINS TO MOVE AGAINST HEZBOLLAH
The government of Qatar expelled 18 Lebanese citizens because of their involvement in the Lebanese Shi'ite terror militia Hezbollah on Thursday. The move was the first high-profile manifestation of a decision earlier this month by the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)to move against Hezbollah in retaliation for its involvement in the Syrian civil war. A GCC statement demanded that the Lebanese government "assume its responsibilities towards the behavior of Hezbollah and its illegal and inhumane practices in Syria and the region." The GCC also urged Lebanese citizens to "shoulder its responsibilities toward Hezbollah" by moving against it. (ICEJ News)
Click here to read about Hezbollah terrorist activity in West Africa (PDF)
- Father, we pray that the Hezbollah militia be dissolved, In Jesus Name. May they face opposition on every side. Block their every move, In Jesus Name.
- "He frustrates the plans of schemers so the work of their hands will not succeed."
2. REBELS: ASSAD, HEZBOLLAH USED CHEMICAL WEAPONS
The major organization of Syrian rebels, the Free Syrian Army [FSA], announced Wednesday [June 19] that forces affiliated with Bashar Assad's regime and Hezbollah fighters employed chemical weapons in battles at the outskirts of Damascus, according to Alarabiya network. . . The rebels stated that the military forces use of chemical weapons killed several people and caused several to sustain injuries resulted from suffocation. The network uploaded video clips showing the dead and wounded. The report was not confirmed by other sources. . .
In light of this, Washington made clear that Syria crossed the red line President Barack Obama set to Assad, and that the US will start arming the rebels to aid them against the Syrian regime and Hezbollah. (YnetNews) Read more.
- Lord, our hearts go out to those caught between the two opposing forces in Syria. We pray for resolution to this conflict and thank You for Your continued hand of protection over Your people, Israel.
- ""He sits in the lurking places of the villages; in the secret places he murders the innocent; his eyes are secretly fixed on the helpless. Arise, O Lord! O God, lift up your hand! Do not forget the humble." (Psalm 10: 8, 12)
3. SENATORS MOVE TO BLOCK AID TO SYRIAN REBELS
A bipartisan group of senators have introduced legislation to block the U.S. from escalating its involvement in the Syrian civil war as concerns mount on Capitol Hill over the Obama administration's plan to directly arm rebels.
Senator Rand Paul has been critical of Senator John McCain's rush to supply arms to jihadists in Syria Senators Rand Paul, R-Ky.; Mike Lee, R-Utah; Tom Udall, D-N.M,; and Chris Murphy, D-Conn., introduced the bill Thursday to prohibit the Defense Department and intelligence agencies from funding operations in Syria.
Paul said he was disturbed by the president's decision to reverse course and arm the rebels, fearing getting mired in a conflict in which little is known about the fighters battling the regime.
"Engaging in yet another conflict in the Middle East with no vote or Congressional oversight compounds the severity of this situation," Paul said in a statement. "The American people deserve real deliberation by their elected officials before we send arms to a region rife with extremists who seek to threaten the U.S. and her allies." (Fox News) Read more. [Reported by Religious Freedom Coalition]
- Given the report that a huge cargo ship, carrying U.S. weapons to supply the Syrian rebels, has now sunk in the Indian Ocean, it seems that the LORD is on the side of these members of the Senate, and is not waiting for legislation to be passed! Offer praise for news of this bill being sponsored by Senator Rand Paul and pray for its swift passage in the Senate and in the House. Maybe, this time, Congress can move as quickly as our Lord has done in this critical matter!
- "Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." (Isaiah 65:24)
4. CONDEMNING EU FAILURE TO BLACKLIST HEZBOLLAH
After developments on Wednesday set back efforts to convince the European Union to list Hizbullah as a terrorist organization, members of Congress called for a renewed push against reluctant EU member states. Italy, Austria and the Czech Republic continue to harbor reservations, fearful the listing would result in terrorist reprisals in Europe and further upheaval in the Middle East.
Congressman Doug Lamborn said, "It is critical that our friends and allies across the Atlantic publicly declare Hizbullah a terror organization so that we can choke off the funding this dangerous terrorist group gets across Europe." Israel's PM Benjamin Netanyahu also criticized the EU for not blacklisting Hizbullah. Netanyahu told EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton in Jerusalem on Thursday: "If Hizbullah isn't a terrorist organization, I don't know what is a terrorist organization." Netanyahu said Hizbullah was "butchering people left and right across the world, and now in the cities of Syria. They're murdering civilians without let-up, including on European soil, as was discovered in Bulgaria, as they tried to do in Cyprus." A unanimous vote by EU members is required to classify Hizbullah as a terrorist enterprise. (Jerusalem Post) [Reported by JNN news]
- Pray the designation of Hizbullah as a terrorist organization on the part of European nations and subsequent sanctions and penalties against this brutal entity will be greatly speeded up.
- "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
5. ISRAEL, U.S. MULL RAIDS ON "18 CHEMICAL TARGETS" IN SYRIA
Israeli and U.S. military officials are coordinating how to target and destroy Syrian president Bashar Assad's arsenal of unconventional weapons under assorted scenarios, Israeli military and intelligence officials told TIME Magazine.
One scenario would be the sudden removal of Assad from the scene, the magazine said. "That would prompt the allies to launch operations on the estimated 18 depots and other sites where WMDs are stored," Israei military and intelligence officials said.
"Search and destroy operations would also be launched if the weapons appeared to be about to fall into the hands of the rebels, which include Islamist extremists aligned with al-Qaeda." (For Zions' Sake) Read more.
- Father God, we trust that You will move all nations to increase pressure on the Iranian regime to stop their nuclear program, including suspending the enrichment of Uranium. God, we ask that You will step into this situation and dry up the source of Uranium. Thank You, Lord, for answering prayer. In Jesus' Name.
- "Though they be fruitful among their brethren, an east wind shall come, the wind of the Lord shall come up from the wilderness, and his spring shall become dry, and his fountain shall be dried up: he shall spoil the treasure of all pleasant vessels." (Hosea 13:15)
6. ASSAD HOPES TO UNITE WAR TORN SYRIA AGAINST ISRAEL
President Bashar Assad's long term plans include a continued struggle against Israel, Lebanese officials visiting Syria told Lebanese paper Al Akhbar. "The commitment of the Syrian community to resist the Israeli enemy can help fortify the internal struggle facing Syria," Assad told the officials.
According to the official, Assad called on all Syrian factions to join with Palestinian forces in resisting Israel along the Golan Heights. "We have to protect our oil from the Americans . . . and employ the proceeds in the development of our country and in the conflict with the Israeli enemy," Assad said.
In May, Assad said he was considering the possibility of "opening a new front on the Golan," in an interview with Al-Manar TV.
Assad's recent comments coupled with his assertion that he has contemplated renewing the conflict with Israel is particularly troubling at a time when the Syrian civil war has threatened to trickle across the Syrian-Israeli border. (Jerusalem Post) Read more.
What does it mean? Commentary from HN News editor:
Assad is planning to open a new front on the border between Syria and Israel (in the area known as the Golan Heights). He wants this to become a soft/porous border, a border where there is constant strife, trouble, conflict between Israel and Syria, with missiles flying, UN peace-keeping personnel attacked, a source of continuous irritation to Israel. He sees that this tactic has worked wonderfully with the Gaza strip/ISrael border. Israel is held in check from International community to do anything about the random but continuous rocket fire that comes at them from Gaza. It is like "death from a thousand mosquito bites". Assad plans to deliver a crushing blow to the Syrian rebels coming against him, and then to rope in the remaining rebels to unite under a banner of "Let's go after the Jews", thus taking the pressure and heat off of him.
Will Assad succeed in his plans? How will Israel respond? Will there be a flashpoint border war between Israel and Syria in the coming weeks? The answer to the last question is probably "YES" . . . it is just a question of WHEN. Will the border war stay contained and be over quickly? Or . . . will it inflame the region and spread to include Russia, Iran, and the US? Time will tell.
7. PRAYERS FOR SYRIA
The leaders of the G8 nations met this week, plainly revealing the opposing views of Russia and the USA over the conflict in Syria. While Russia's Putin clearly aligns himself with Syria and with Iran and the Bible is clear that there will be a war as outlined in Ezekiel 38 and 39, we need to pray that this will only take place in God's perfect time. Our sense is that this is not yet the right time.
That the war in Syria would not spill over into Israel nor expand into a regional war.
For God's will to be done in and through the Syrian conflict.
For God's perfect timing of the Gog-Magog war.
Keep Israel's leaders and soldiers watchful and ready for the war when it comes.
Keep Israel's northern border secure. Plug the gaps which the IDF cannot cover.
Provide Israel with accurate intelligence, particularly regarding Syria's chemical weapons.
May these weapons be found and destroyed.
Contain and hold back the supplies of more weapons. [Prayer already answered!]
Following more "stray" shooting this week coming into Israel, protect the Israeli residents of the Golan Heights.
Make the believers on the Golan Your light to all those around them. (Intercessors for Israel)
More Regional News
More Regional News
- DEBUNKING THE MYTHS ABOUT IRAN'S NEW PRESIDENT
- WORLD CANNOT ALLOW IRAN TO PLAY GAMES WITH NUCLEAR PROGRAM
- QUARTET'S TONY BLAIR: NUCLEAR IRAN WORSE THAN MILITARY OPTION
- TURKEY THREATENS TO USE THE ARMY TO END DEMONSTRATIONS
- NEW IRAN PRESIDENT THANKS 'MESSIAH' FOR VICTORY
1. DEBUNKING THE MYTHS ABOUT IRAN'S NEW PRESIDENT
For years, the West has wanted and hoped that Iran would moderate and open up. The election of Hassan Rouhani as Iran's new "moderate" president has garnered many headlines and raised still more eyebrows. But the thorns on that plant may not be of the rose variety. Let's take a closer look. . .
So there's the last hope. Unless Rouhani has changed for the better in the last seven years, we have a moderate-looking politician who is actually:
1. A trusted representative of an extremist dictator. 2. A cleric described by Iranians as no reformist himself. 3. A sneak who tricked the West in his last opportunity to negotiate with them about the Iranian nuclear program. Take the rose-colored glasses off. Those thorns aren't on a flower stem. (The Mideast Update, June 18, 2013)
[Reported by Bridges for Peace]
- O Lord, You are able to reveal the hidden things, the secrets of the hearts of men. We pray that You will bring to light the truth about Iran's government and their plans.
- "'Can anyone hide himself in secret places, so I shall not see him?' says the Lord; 'Do I not fill heaven and earth?' says the Lord. (Jeremiah 23:24)
2. WORLD CANNOT ALLOW IRAN TO PLAY GAMES WITH NUCLEAR PROGRAM
Prime Minister Netanyahu in a statement with Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird on Tuesday reiterated the need for the international community to increase pressure on the Iranian regime, in light of Iran President-Elect Hassan Rowhani's statement that, "We will not agree to suspend the enrichment of Uranium."
"We cannot allow Iran to play this game. We cannot let Iran ride out the clock through endless talks," said PM Netanyahu. "[U]ntil Iran meets these demands, the pressure must be stepped up. The Iranian nuclear program must be stopped, period."
In an interview with the Washington Post yesterday, Netanyahu stated, "I think the elections reflect a deep dissatisfaction of the Iranian people with its regime." The Iranian nuclear program, said Netanyahu, is "guided and controlled by [Supreme Leader] Khamenei. He remains committed to pursuing the path of arming Iran with nuclear weapons, and I'm afraid the elections are not going to change that. (Washington Post) Read more.
- Father God, we trust that You will move all nations to increase pressure on the Iranian regime to stop their nuclear program, including suspending the enrichment of Uranium. God, we ask that You will step into this situation and dry up the source of Uranium. Thank you, Lord, for answering prayer. In Jesus' Name.
- "Though they be fruitful among their brethren, an east wind shall come, the wind of the Lord shall come up from the wilderness, and his spring shall become dry, and his fountain shall be dried up: he shall spoil the treasure of all pleasant vessels." (Hosea 13:15)
3. QUARTET'S TONY BLAIR: NUCLEAR IRAN WORSE THAN MILITARY OPTION
Quartet envoy Tony Blair told Presidential Conference participants this week that facing the prospect of a military confrontation with Tehran is a better option than having to grapple with a nuclear Iran. The former British prime minister said, "We should be determined to overcome the threat from Iran. Those who have power in Iran should feel our resolve, and understand we will not back down," he added. "Of course, every military option is something we do not want - but a nuclear Iran is the worst thing." (Arutz-7)
- Continue to pray world leaders will not be willfully blinded as to the dangers posed to the entire globe by the Islamic Republic and its nuclear ambitions - which are fast being fulfilled. Pray that powerful deterrents will be put into place, in time.
- Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the Lord, and he will avenge you. (Proverbs 20:22)
4. TURKEY THREATENS TO USE THE ARMY TO END DEMONSTRATIONS
If the Turkish people continue to take to the streets in defiance of Prime Minister Erdogan's order to end the three-week long series of demonstrations, protestors could find themselves coming face-to-face with the Turkish army.
In a televised interview, Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc warned that the police will "use all their powers" to end the unrest, and "if this is not enough, we can even utilize the Turkish armed forces in the cities. "Reports from Istanbul indicate that Erdogan's security forces successfully reduced the level of the demonstrations when it closed the protest's epicenter: Gezi Park and the adjacent Taksim Square. The police violence against demonstrators over the weekend prompted two major labor federations to call a strike.
The unrest began on May 31 when police were accused of using brutal tactics to break up a demonstration against destroying 600 trees in Gezi Park as part of a redevelopment project. The protests quickly morphed into a mass critique of Erdogan administration policies and in the weeks since the first protest, at least 7,500 citizens have been wounded and 4 killed. (Source: The Media Line, June 19, 2013)
[Reported by Bridges for Peace]
- Pray that tensions would not continue to increase in the nation of Turkey. Give Israel's leaders wisdom and understanding like Solomon so they will know how to handle the situation in Turkey.
- "And God gave Solomon wisdom and exceedingly great understanding and largeness of heart like the sand on the seashore." (1 Kings 4:29)
5. NEW IRAN PRESIDENT THANKS 'MESSIAH' FOR VICTORY
Anticipates coming prophet to conquer for Islam, kill all infidels
Iran's newly elected president, Hassan Rohani, attributed his victory in the June 15 voting to the 12th Imam, Mahdi, a statement with ominous overtones in the Islamic regime's quest for nuclear weapons.
The Shiites believe that at the end of times, the 12th Imam, a 9th-century prophet, will reappear with Jesus Christ at his side, kill all the infidels and raise the flag of Islam in all four corners of the world. Many analysts believe Iran is seeking nuclear capability to bring on that Armageddon.
"This political [election] was due to the kindness of the last Islamic messiah [Mahdi]," Rohani said Friday. Kayhan newspaper, the main media outlet of the regime and the mouthpiece of the supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, ran a centerpiece headline Saturday reporting Rohani's statement. (WorldNetDaily) Read more.
- Our Messiah is the true Messiah; all others are false gods. Come against the spirit of delusion that continues to fall upon the leaders of the nation of Iran, and pray for her people. Jesus Christ died to save them all.
- "God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
SPIRIT OF GOD
"The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life."
Thank You, Spirit of God, for making me, shaping me, and molding me into the person You want me to be. Thank You that Your Spirit is gentle, yet strong, to help me choose Your way. Not by might, nor by power, but only by Your Spirit is how I want to live. Thank You, Roo-akh El.
(Source: THE NAME- HaShem: Daily Devotional Worship by Dr. Barri Cae Mallin)
Available on Amazon.com by going here.