Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Israel Report Volume I, Number 2
June 9, 2013
"As in the days when you came out from the land of Egypt, I will show you miracles." (Micah 7:15)
U.S. - Israeli Policy
U.S. - Israeli Policy
In order to shorten the length of this report each week, news of U.S. - Israeli Policy will be published instead as a special section on the Monday edition of the Daily Brief.
- THOUSANDS CELEBRATE GAY PRIDE IN TEL AVIV
- ISRAEL VOICES CONCERN AFTER AUSTRIA LEAVES UN GOLAN FORCE
- ISRAELI MINISTER CONCERNED AS LOCAL VIOLENCE RAMPS UP
- P.M. NETANYAHU CALLS ON ABBAS TO "GIVE PEACE A CHANCE"
- ABBAS: NO PEACE WITHOUT JERUSALEM AS PALESTINIAN CAPITAL
- ARABS, NOT JEWS, WORST-HIT BY EU LABELING SCHEME
1. THOUSANDS CELEBRATE GAY PRIDE IN TEL AVIV
Tens of thousands of people gathered in Tel Aviv on Friday for the annual Gay Pride Parade. Organizers decided not to change the scheduled events and parade route in light of the arrests made in connection to the 2009 gay youth club shooting, and a number of public figures and politicians such as minister Tzipi Livni culture minister Limor Livnat and opposition leader Shelly Yechimovith attended.
Finance Minister Yair Lapid received boos as he took to the stage. He responded by saying that "no shouts will put a stop to our deep commitment to the community," and added that he intends to work to legalize same-sex marriage.
Meretz chair Zahava Gal-On said that she "couldn't believe her ears when she heard in the media that the Bar Noar shooting was not a hate crime... nonsense, shooting innocent people is an act of hate." (JNN) Read more.
- When the moral fibre of a nation is weakened, the nation itself is weakened. Please join our brothers and sisters on the land in Israel in offering a cry of repentance for this act of iniquity on their soil. Reports from friends on the ground indicate that majority of those who participated in this march were not from Israel, but came from many other nations in order to begin to establish Tel Aviv as the global center for the gay agenda! Offer a prayer that this hoax will be revealed, and cry out for the land of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. In His Name, amen.
- "He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities." (Psalm 130:8)
2. ISRAEL VOICES CONCERN AFTER AUSTRIA LEAVES UN GOLAN FORCE
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon scrambled Thursday night looking for troops to replace some 380 UN peacekeepers on the Golan Heights that Austria announced earlier in the day it was evacuating. Israeli diplomatic officials said Ban understood the implications to the future of peace keeping missions in the region if the force collapsed because of tension.
The Foreign Ministry issued a statement saying it "regrets" the Austrian decision and "hopes it will not lead to an additional escalation" in the region. One diplomatic official said Israel was watching the developments closely and that its faith in the international peace keeping troops hung in the balance.
"If at a time when a few bullets are fired, these forces run away from where they are needed to keep the peace, then what is it worth?" the official said.
International Relations Minister Yuval Steinitz issued a statement expressing regret at the Austrian move, adding that the lesson for Israel was clear: "Even as part of peace agreements, Israel cannot place its security in the hands of international forces instead of relying on the presence of IDF soldiers." On Wednesday, even before this incident, Steinitz came out strongly against any international force as part of a future peace accord with the Palestinians. (Arutz-7)
- We take note that, on the eve of the exact same day the Israelis allowed the sodomites to march in Tel Aviv, her enemies breached her border on the Golan Heights. In addition, as the Austrian peacekeepers fled, she was left to some degree without her normal level of protection. The gay agenda weakens a nation; but godliness brings strength and blessings. [In Israel, the day begins at sundown the night before.]
- "Give us help from trouble, for the help of man is useless. Through God we will do valiantly, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies." (Ps. 108:12-13)
3. ISRAELI MINISTER CONCERNED AS LOCAL VIOLENCE RAMPS UP
Three female Israeli soldiers were attacked on Tuesday by a car full of Arab men. The goal of the assault was to kidnap one or more of the soldiers, but if failed due to fierce resistance by the three young women. The incident occurred as the soldiers were walking to their barracks in central Israel. A vehicle with several Arab men stopped next to them, and one of the passengers attempted to drag one of the female soldiers into the car. The girl struggled, and her companions rushed to her aid, causing the perpetrators to flee the scene.
Meanwhile, in Judea and Samaria there were a recorded 83 attacks against Israeli Jews last month alone. In Jerusalem, 38 violent incidents targeting Israelis were documented. Economic Minister Naftali Bennett expressed alarm over these figures, and insisted the army do more to protect Israeli Jews from the daily violence, in particular the increasing number of stone-throwing attacks against Jewish motorists. (Israel Today)
- Pray government mandates empower Israel's army and police officials with authority to deal with those who perpetrate stone throwing attacks - and other forms of terrorist aggression against Israelis.
- ". . . whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
4. P.M. NETANYAHU CALLS ON ABBAS TO "GIVE PEACE A CHANCE"
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu invited Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to the negotiating table in a speech to the Knesset Wednesday. "I call on Abbas to put preconditions aside and talk. Give peace a chance," Netanyahu said in English, quoting the John Lennon song. The prime minister spoke at a Knesset debate called by the opposition to discuss the stalled peace process and the Arab League peace initiative. Netanyahu mentioned foreign government officials visiting Israel, saying "they all know Israel is not the side avoiding negotiations" and that he speaks to US Secretary of State John Kerry several times a week. "The citizens of Israel want security and peace; I want security and peace," the prime minister stated.
The prime minister repeated multiple times that Abbas should not set preconditions for talks. "The most important thing is not to try to stop negotiations before they're started. Don't have endless talks about starting talks," he said. "We will listen to any initiative and are willing to discuss any offer that is not a dictate." (For Zion's Sake) Read more.
- Continue to lift up P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu as he navigates the tricky waters of the peace negotiations in the Middle East. We are encouraged to know that the Prime Minister studies the Torah daily; and we are confident that he is being led by the Hand of God in all he says and does. Amen.
- "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
5. ABBAS: NO PEACE WITHOUT JERUSALEM AS PALESTINIAN CAPITAL
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas declared Wednesday that there would be no peace or a Palestinian state without Jerusalem as the capital of that state. "We won't accept any city other than Jerusalem as our capital," Abbas said during a speech at a conference on Jerusalem in Ramallah. "The responsibility for defending and restoring Jerusalem and purifying its holy sites is not that of the Palestinians alone, but the entire Arab, Islamic and Christian nation."
Abbas urged Muslims and Christians to visit Jerusalem and its holy sites "to affirm the Arab and Islamic depth of the holy city." Abbas claimed that Israel does not like to see any Arab, Muslim or Christian in Jerusalem.
"There will be no peace without Jerusalem," he emphasized. "There will be no Palestinian state without Jerusalem. There will be no security and stability without Jerusalem. They mention Bethlehem, Ramallah, Hebron. These cities are all dear to our hearts. But our capital is Jerusalem." (The Jerusalem Connection) Read more.
- It seems that the sons of Esau have it backwards once again. Scripture does not lie: the land (and Jerusalem) belongs to the Jew.
- "And you will know that I am the Lord, when I bring you into the land of Israel, into the land which I swore to give to your forefathers." (Ezekiel 20:42)
6. ARABS, NOT JEWS, WORST-HIT BY EU LABELING SCHEME
The labeling of products made by Jews in Judea and Samaria would damage Israel, a report by the Foreign Ministry said -- but it would damage PA Arabs even more. According to the report, some 22,500 PA Arabs are employed inside Israeli towns in Judea and Samaria. These Arabs are among the highest paid laborers in the PA. The report said that on average, PA Arabs working in Jewish-owned business in Judea and Samaria earned 88% more than those working in Arab towns. In addition, they have social rights. . .
If the aim of the European Union is to assist PA Arabs, the report said, then the labeling of goods from Jewish-owned businesses in Judea and Samaria as being from "the settlements," providing anti-Israel groups with the opportunity to conduct wide-scale boycotts, is the most counterproductive thing they can do.
"The labeling issue affects [PA] employment, level of income, youth unemployment, and the wealth of PA Arabs," the report said. (For Zion's Sake) Read more.
- The children of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob have such favor with the Lord . . . it seems that they win, every time! Lift up those who have made this decision within the EU, and ask that they come to their senses about whom this agenda truly harms. Pray that the EU labeling restriction is lifted, and thank our Lord for His safekeeping of the Israeli people. Amen!
- "In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell securely . . ." (Jer. 23:6)
News from Syria
News from Syria
- PERMANENT RUSSIAN NAVAL PRESENCE IN MEDITERRANEAN
- S-300 MISSILES NOW ON THEIR WAY TO SYRIA
- NORTH KOREANS IN SYRIA
- HEZBOLLAH: DEFENDING ASSAD IS PART OF FIGHT AGAINST ISRAEL
- REPORT: IRAN, HIZBULLAH TO 'FIGHT TO THE DEATH' FOR ASSAD
- FRANCE AND ENGLAND ASSERT SARIN DEPLOYED IN SYRIA
- 15,000 TROOPS FROM 18 COUNTRIES PREPARING FOR ACTION IN SYRIA
- LARGE U.S. MARINE FORCE LANDS IN AQABA TO DEPLOY ON JORDANIAN-SYRIAN BORDER
- SYRIAN REBELS SEIZE BORDER CROSSING WITH ISRAEL
1. PERMANENT RUSSIAN NAVAL PRESENCE IN MEDITERRANEAN
"Russia has deployed a naval unit in the Mediterranean Sea for the first time since the Soviet era, a move Russian President Vladimir Putin says is aimed at defending Russian security, but which comes as Moscow faces off with the West over Syria," reports Israel Hayom. "Russia's military chief of staff said on Thursday that Russia had stationed 16 warships and three ship-based helicopters in the region."
"Putin said the deployment was not 'saber-rattling' and not meant as a threat to any nation," the Israeli news outlet reported. "'This is a strategically important region and we have tasks to carry out there to provide for the national security of the Russian Federation,' Putin said. On Wednesday, Russian warships believed to be carrying arms to resupply the Syrian regime were spotted in the eastern Mediterranean Sea, according to a CNN report. The report cited U.S. intelligence sources that stated they had identified the ships leaving Russian ports several days ago. Using U.S. satellite imagery, they had further identified containers thought to be carrying parts of the advanced S-300 anti-missile system, as well as other weapons to be used by Syrian President Bashar Assad's military . . ." (Washington Post) Read more.
- Father, we know You hear these world leaders who have loaned themselves to the father of lies to be the vessels of his repulsive lies and plans, believing we are ignorant to them. Now the strongman of Russia says that they are in the Eastern Mediterranean because they have tasks to carry out there to provide for their national security. He neither fools You nor us. You know exactly what these "tasks" are.
Thank You for Your Word written thousands of years ago which alert us to what is happening today. Thank You that while man attempts to do what his selfish desires dictate, you have equipped us to win with weapons which are not carnal, but extremely mighty and powerful by Your Spirit to the utter destruction of strongholds which control the thoughts of the scheming powerful ones, and of every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.
- "But I know thy abode, and thy going out, and thy coming in, and thy rage against me. Because thy rage against me, and thy tumult, is come up into mine ears, therefore will I put my hook in thy nose, and my bridle in thy lips, and I will turn thee back by the way by which thou camest." (Isaiah 37:28,29)
2. S-300 MISSILES NOW ON THEIR WAY TO SYRIA
Are S-300 missiles on their way to Syria right now? A report on CNN Thursday said that American intelligence units had observed several Russian warships on their way to Syria. The ships are currently in the eastern Mediterranean, and information gathered by the intelligence groups indicates that the ships are carrying parts for the S-300 missiles.
According to the report, the U.S. has been keeping track of the Russian ships for several days, ever since they left a military base in Russia. Satellite data indicates that the ships are carrying cargo that appears to be suitable for use in a weapons system, most likely the S-300.
Several days ago, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that Russia had not yet begun shipping the missiles to Syria. However, in an interview on a Hizbullah-affiliated television channel last weekend, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad hinted that Syria had already received some of the missiles, the contract for which Damascus signed with Moscow several years ago. In response, Russian officials said that the systems had not yet been shipped to Syria.
(For Zion's Sake Ministries) Read more.
- Father, although so many lies are being told by the evil man in the North to confuse your people, from before the beginning of time, You know exactly what is going on. You know what the Russian and Syrian enemies of Israel are conniving. Your Word is faithful and true, and we trust You, Holy Spirit to expose the lies and the plans. May they be frustrated even before these missiles can be assembled. May those who hate and despise You know that it is futile to even plan to fight against the great God of Israel and that there is no god like Jehovah!
- "Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb." (Psalm 37:1,2)
3. NORTH KOREANS IN SYRIA
Hezbollah fighters man Syrian military's tanks
A Syrian opposition B]human rights organization claimed Monday that officers from the North Korean army are aiding Bashar Assad's forces in their fight against the rebels in Aleppo.[/B] According to the organization, a few of Assad's civilian militia fighters revealed the presence of the North Korean officers in the war zones. The Syrian regime has been claiming for a long time that among the rebels fighting it across the country there are many fighters from oversees, sent by "Syria's enemies" such as Saudi Arabia, Israel or the US. Assad no longer denies his army is aided by thousands of Lebanese Hezbollah fighters, who are assisting the Syrian army to ward off the rebels.
However, reports regarding North Korean officers in the field are relatively rare. In an interview to Asharq Al-Awsat, director of a Syrian human rights center, Rami Abed A-Rachman, said that the number of North Korean officers in Syria is unknown, although there are definitely between 11 and 15 Arabic speaking North Korean officers in Aleppo. Abed A-Rachman, whose organization releases daily reports on the fighting in Syria since the civil war broke out more than two years ago, said that "the North Korean officers are spread throughout many fronts, including the Syrian Defense Ministry factories southeast of Aleppo and in the regime's forces centers in Aleppo." He claimed that they do not take part in the actual fighting, yet provide the Assad army with logistic support and construct operational plans. "They also supervise the regime's artillery in the region," he said. (Ynet News) Read more.
- Lord, we know Your Word must be fulfilled, but as we watch the beginning of Your prophectic word in Ezekiel (Gog/Magog) unfold before our eyes, we ask You to release confusion and utter chaos over all foreign and national enemies of Israel which are in Syria. This we pray so that Israel's enemies will have the opportunity to repent before You allow Your judgment to be executed. You know their intentions of creating a global caliphate in which all will be presented with the choice to deny the one true God or die, and to destroy Israel. They have attempted in the past to directly annihilate her, with no success. Now they try to destroy surrounding countries to come in this way. Humiliate them once again, and show them who You are. We humbly ask that You remember Your children and the innocent, and please protect them from all threats against their lives.
- "Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake." (Isaiah 54:15)
4. HEZBOLLAH: DEFENDING ASSAD IS PART OF FIGHT AGAINST ISRAEL
BEIRUT- Hezbollah Deputy Leader leader Naim Qassem said the fight to defend Assad, who is believed to have allowed Iran to send Hezbollah weapons through Syria, was part of its struggle against the United States and Israel. "The battle today has only one significance, and that is the fight against Israel and those who support its plans," Qassem said in a statement. "Today we proved without any doubt that the gamble to topple Syria is a delusional plan." Hezbollah's comments echo an earlier statement by the General Command of the Syrian army, who said Syria's victory in Qusair "sends a clear message to all those who are involved in the aggression against Syria, on top being the Zionist enemy." (For Zion's Sake) Read more.
- This statement by Hezbollah is its own death warrant, for those who come against the apple of God's eye shall surely receive a curse. This statement will die, but pray for the souls of all who are in Hezbollah now, for Christ died for them, too. Break the tie between Hezbollah and Assad through the power of the Blood of Jesus, and speak forgiveness for all who have wicked designs against the people of Israel.
- "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34)
"May all who hate Zion Be put to shame and turned backward . . ." (Psalm 129:5)
5. REPORT: IRAN, HIZBULLAH TO 'FIGHT TO THE DEATH' FOR ASSAD
Iran and the Lebanon-based terrorist organization, Hizbullah, are doing everything they can to keep Assad in power in Syria, said a special report by the The Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center (ITIC). "For Iran and Hizbullah, the preservation of Bashar Assad's regime is of supreme strategic importance," ITIC says in its report. The assistance is mutual, the document explains; Syria helps Hizbullah and Iran as much as they assist the Syrian regime.
"Syria is Iran's greatest 'resistance camp' ally, providing it with a firm foothold in the heart of the Middle East, as well as political and military influence" said the report, released this week. Meanwhile, "Syria, Israel's implacable enemy, plays a vital role in Hizbullah's military buildup, helping it to develop offensive and deterrent capabilities against the Jewish state. For Iran and Hizbullah, the fall of the Syrian regime would be a disaster. It would weaken Iran's regional position against the US and Israel and damage Hizbullah's military capabilities and political influence in Lebanon," ITIC said. (Arutz-7)
- Father God, we ask according to Your Word, that You would scatter the enemies of Israel.
- "Scatter the peoples who delight in war." (Psalm 68:30)
[Reported by JNN: Jerusalem News Network]
6. FRANCE AND ENGLAND ASSERT SARIN DEPLOYED IN SYRIA
The British Foreign Office has said tests reveal the deadly nerve agent sarin has been used during the Syrian civil war. France's foreign minister also claimed he is certain the chemical weapon had been used by the Assad regime. "These tests show the presence of sarin in various samples in our possession," Laurent Fabius said. He added that the test results had been passed to the UN. "It would be unacceptable that those guilty of these crimes remain unpunished," Fabius added.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon expressed revulsion on Tuesday over atrocities in Syria's two-year civil war as detailed in a document prepared by UN human rights investigators. "He has seen this report," Ban's spokesman told reporters. "Frankly he finds the catalog of atrocities in that report to be both sickening and staggering." Syria began in earnest to build a covert chemical weapons program three decades ago, aided by its allies and European chemical wholesalers. Since, it has amassed what is believed to be one of the deadliest stockpiles of nerve agent in the world, according to Western military experts. (J.Post/INN)
- Pray for the safety of everyone living, or fighting, inside the nation of Syria. Isaiah 17:1 seems now to be on the horizon. Pray that those who must flee Damascus will do so when the Lord speaks, without question. Pray!
- 1) The future of Damascus, as prophesied in Scripture: "Behold, Damascus is about to be removed from being a city and will become a fallen ruin." (Isaiah 17:1)
2) God's promise for His people: "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me . . ." (John 10:27)
7. 15,000 TROOPS FROM 18 COUNTRIES PREPARING FOR ACTION IN SYRIA
A joint military exercise has begun in Jordan involving 15,000 soldiers from 18 different countries aimed, among other things, at readying forces for a possible intervention in Syria. Known as "Eager Lion 2013", the exercise includes battlefield, logistics and humanitarian exercises for troops from the U.S., Britain, Bahrain, Canada, Czech Republic, Lebanon, Pakistan, Poland, Qatar, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Yemen and elsewhere. The maneuvers are set to run for two weeks. According to multiple sources, a majority of the 15,000 troops will remain on the ground in Jordan after the drill in case the need arises to intervene in Syria. (Threat Journal) Read more.
- Praise the Lord for this exercise taking place in Jordan and for the many countries participating in these maneuvers. Ask the Lord to bless Jordan for its hosting of the military movements. Ask the Lord to prevent any harm to the peoples gathered to help Israel. Pray that Russian MIGS do not arrive in Syria.
- "He delivered me from my strong enemies, from those who hated me. "(Psalm 18:17)
8. LARGE U.S. MARINE FORCE LANDS IN AQABA TO DEPLOY ON JORDANIAN-SYRIAN BORDER
A large American military force disembarked Tuesday, June 4, at the southern Jordanian port of Aqaba - ready for deployment on the kingdom's Syrian border, debkafile's exclusive military sources report. The force made its way north along the Aqaba-Jerash-Ajilon mountain road bisecting Jordan from south to north, under heavy Jordanian military escort.
Our sources disclose that this American force numbers 1,000 troops, the largest to land in Jordan since the Syrian civil war erupted in March 2012. They are members of the 24th Marine Expeditionary Force carried aboard the USS Kearsage amphibious assault ship, which has been anchored off neighboring Israeli Eilat since mid-May. Upon landing, the marines took to the road in a convoy of armored vehicles including Hummers. . .
According to our US sources, the arrival of the US force in Jordan was not directly related to the regular exercise but decided on at an emergency meeting at the Pentagon on May 31, which was attended by top military and civilian Defense Department officials. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, who is away from Washington, took part by video conference. (DEBKAfile) Read more.
- Lord, whatever is happening in the Middle East today regarding American troops, we ask Your Divine protection over them and wisdom for their leadership. Let nothing occur outside of Your perfect prophetic time.
- "Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of all nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord." [Ezekiel 38:23]
9. SYRIAN REBELS SEIZE BORDER CROSSING WITH ISRAEL
Syrian rebels said they seized a UN-operated border crossing on the demilitarized zone that links Israel and Syria. An Israeli army spokesman confirmed the information to The Media Line and said the army was limiting access to the area. He also said that two mortar shells fired from Syria landed in the Golan Heights, which Israel acquired in 1967 and later annexed. It was the first time that Syrian rebels had managed to take the area but it was not clear if they would be able to hold onto it, as heavy fighting continued in the area.
The rebel success came a day after rebels lost the strategic city of Qusair to troops loyal to Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad. Two men were reported killed at a Lebanese checkpoint near Qusair. A Lebanese security source said one was a Syrian national and the second had no ID. At least 11 rockets also landed overnight in the town of Baalbek, a stronghold of Hizbullah, which has been fighting alongside Assad.
Israel has made it clear it does not want to become involved in the war in Syria. But it is concerned that jihadist elements among the rebel fighters could use the Golan Heights as a springboard for attacks against Israel. (The Media Line)
- Pray for the Israelis who live in the Golan Heights and for the IDF who protect the Heights. Pray that the Syrians and their association with Hizbullah, who want to gain power and dominence in the Golan Heights, would come to nothing. Hizbullah obviously do not respect the UN-border with Israel. This is God's land, and Syria has no rights to the Golan Heights. Another trap to involve Israel is seen here.
- "The Lord lives! Blessed be my rock. Let God be exalted, the rock of my salvation. It is God who avenges me, who subdues the people under me. You also lift me above those who rise against me, You deliver me from the violent man." (2 Samuel 22: 47, 48, 49)
News in the Region
News in the Region
- IN YEMEN: AL QAEDA CALLS ON U.S. MOSLEMS TO ATTACK
- UPDATE ON TURKEY
- TURKISH PROTESTS: GOOD FOR ISRAEL?
1. IN YEMEN: AL QAEDA CALLS ON U.S. MOSLEMS TO ATTACK
The head of Al Qaeda's military faction in Yemen, also known as Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, had posted both audio and video messages to the internet warning Americans that they are vulnerable to attacks and calling on all Muslims in America to do their duty and defend their religion. Qassim Al Rimi spoke directly to Muslims, telling them that bombs such as those used by the Chechen brothers in the Boston Marathon bomb attacks are easily made and within "everyone's reach" and highlighted how the recent Boston bombings had revealed the fragility of the American security system.
He went on to encourage Muslims in the US saying; "We encourage you to carry on with this way, be steadfast in your religion. Carry out your obligations, defend your religion and follow in the footsteps of those who supported their religion and Ummah (or Muslim nation) while they are in their enemy's den." Speaking directly to the American people, Al Rimi stated; "The Boston events and the poisoned letters sent to the White House, regardless of who is behind them, show that your security is no longer under control, and that attacks on you have taken off and cannot be stopped. Every day you will be hit by the unexpected and your leaders will not be able to defend you."
- Thank our Lord that He promises in His word that, if we obey Him, when the enemy rises up, He will send His angels to take him down. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "According to their deeds, accordingly He will repay, Fury to His adversaries, Recompense to His enemies; The coastlands He will fully repay. So shall they fear The name of the Lord from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun; When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:18,19)
2. UPDATE ON TURKEY
"We wanted to let you know about the recent events in Turkey and ask you to join us in prayer. The protests are still going on 78 cities with different intensity. The hardest ones are in Istanbul, Izmir, and Ankara. The protest is against the intolerance and dictatorship of the government. The people who are protesting want the government to respect their rights, instead of keeping to change the laws to control their lives.
There has never been such a protest before in Turkey. The protestants [protestors] are mainly college students and elderly people. They just sit, walk, sing, and talk. There is no violence or resistance on their side when the police beat them up to arrest them. They even clean the mess and bad graffiti about the prime minister every morning until 4:00PM! It's amazing!
People just want to be free from the dictatorship of the government and live in real democracy, not on paper, and they do it with a very civilized and loving attitude. They even serve food and drink to the police who are attacking them with gas bombs, water tanks, etc
We were hoping that people would not die, but one person was killed by the police in Ankara and another in Antakya during protests. The prime minister started to threaten indirectly by saying that he has been holding 50% of his people not to get involved and do something against the protestants. He'll probably announce what he will do on Saturday and if he releases that 50% on the protestants, a civil war will start and many people will die. (International Prayer Council)
- (From our source in Turkey): Please, pray with us (and even fast if you can) that God will resolve it before many people die. May His will be done and may we, believers be ready to be used by Him as He works in His sovereign ways. Thank you so much for your prayers!"
- We hear the cries of the saints in Turkey, and we join our prayers with theirs for God's will to be done today in this very challenging time in Turkey.
- "Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
3. TURKISH PROTESTS: GOOD FOR ISRAEL?
(Regarding the turmoil in Turkey) The question emerges, what are the implications for Israel? According to sources inside Istanbul, most of the protesters have not taken a clear stance on Israel. As Ceylan explained, "They are a blended group of people that just support human rights and freedom of speech. So I can't really say they are pro Israeli or anti Israeli because they are blended."
Nevertheless, one Turkish demonstrator from Istanbul claims that any one in Turkey with pro-Israeli sympathies would be attending these demonstrations. Nevertheless, the demonstrations aren't about Israel. . . With Erdogan's power facing challenges on such a massive scale, perhaps there is a potential for better relations between Israel and Turkey. The two countries were allies in the past and had positive relations during Ottoman times. Turkey was the first Muslim country to recognize Israel's right to exist and Turkish diplomats saved Jewish lives during the Holocaust. This implies that the negative changes instrumented by Erdogan can indeed be temporary. (United with Israel) Read more.
- Stand in agreement with the last statement made in this article. Though Turkey has acted egregiously against Israel in days past, pray that the Israelis would find the heart to forgive Erdogan and his nation, in the efforts of promoting peace in this region. And pray that P.M. Erdogan will find the heart to reach out to the Israelis to heal this breach, and to come to a position of unity and mutual support.
Pray, too, that P.M. Erdogan will listen to the cries of his people, and make adjustments in national policy, as needed. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." (I Timothy 2:1-4)
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer." (Psalm 19:14)
There is none like You, O Lord. You lead me in paths of righteousness, for Your name's sake. Thank You for redeeming my life from the pit of hell. Thank You for paying a price that You did not have to, to redeem me, O Lord. My Redeemer is faithful and true and what You say, You will do. Your past faithfulness assures me that Your future promises will be kept. Thank You, Lord. Amen.
(Source: THE NAME- HaShem: Daily Devotional Worship by Dr. Barri Cae Mallin)
Available on Amazon.com by going here.